Spider-Man (Insomniac game) discussion.

#1101 Edited by animehunter (8721 posts) - - Show Bio
#1102 Posted by ursaber (10165 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally, a good article from CBR.

Do any of you really liked Mary Jane's appearance in the game or would wish for, alteration/modification for the sequel? Me honestly, she was looked okay but I hope they pretty her up more for the sequel, particularly giving her her long loose hair and three bangs.

#1103 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5232 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys, Spider-Man PS4 Has Just Made It Into The Nominations For The Upcoming Video Game Awards!!!!!! And This Has Been Nominated For:

Best Game Direction

Best Sound Design

Best Score/Musical Direction

Best Performance From Yuri Lowenthal

Best Narrative

And.......GAME OF THE FREAKING YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I Really Like To Congratulate Everyone Being Involved And I Really Hope They Deserve All Of These Or Most Of These!!!!!!!!!!!

#1104 Posted by animehunter (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys, Spider-Man PS4 Has Just Made It Into The Nominations For The Upcoming Video Game Awards!!!!!! And This Has Been Nominated For:

Best Game Direction

Best Sound Design

Best Narrative

And.......GAME OF THE FREAKING YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I Really Like To Congratulate Everyone Being Involved And I Really Hope They Deserve All Of These Or Most Of These!!!!!!!!!!!

Marvel's Spider-Man Nominated For Game of the Year

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-spider-man-game-awards-nomination/

-

@ursaber, @quilsniv, @zariusii, @blackspidey2099, @eto@mizerous, @marvelman92

#1105 Posted by ursaber (10165 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelman92 said:

Best Game Direction

Best Sound Design

Best Narrative

Marvel's Spider-Man Nominated For Game of the Year

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-spider-man-game-awards-nomination/

-

@ursaber, @quilsniv, @zariusii, @blackspidey2099, @eto@mizerous, @marvelman92

Holy mother, truly its a tough choice.

AC Odyssey, Monster Hunter World and Celeste are obviously discounted.

Its a threeway battle between God of War, Spider-Man and Red Dead.

Personally I think Spider-Man will lose to God of War and I truly DO NOT KNOW if either Red Dead or GoW will win. Its a deadlock.

#1106 Edited by animehunter (8721 posts) - - Show Bio
#1107 Edited by Thor_Parker82 (16369 posts) - - Show Bio

I know it's way too late, but I just got the game last week and finished it today, what a great story, top notch writing and voice acting, I am very pleased with this game and most of all with its story, just awesome.

• The death of May was handled really well and I like that they added that she knew Peter was Spidey for a while, made their last scene so emotional and well handled.
  • The interactions and dialogue between Otto and Peter in their last fight, with Pete saying how he wprshipped Otto and wanted to be like him was very heart-wrenching
  • That last kiss between MJ and Peter, I was waiting the entire game to see that.
  • Norman is keeping Harry on some kind of tank and Harry reacts with some kind of tendrils, wonder what that is.
  • Miles showing Peter he could climb walls and Peter doing the same afterwards was pretty cool.
  • I really hope they make a sequel to this game
#1108 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5232 posts) - - Show Bio
#1109 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5232 posts) - - Show Bio

Just To Remind You All, The Video Game Awards Starts Tonight. So Be Sure To Check It Out To See The Awards And Hope That The PS4 Game Wins The Awards It Deserves.

#1110 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5232 posts) - - Show Bio

The Game Awards Are Now On!!!!!!!!! Be Sure To Check It Out Now!!!!!!!!!

Loading Video...

#1111 Posted by animehunter (8721 posts) - - Show Bio
#1112 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5232 posts) - - Show Bio
#1113 Edited by KingLouie (3567 posts) - - Show Bio

Assassins Creed Odyssey is better.

#1114 Posted by ursaber (10165 posts) - - Show Bio
#1115 Posted by animehunter (8721 posts) - - Show Bio
#1116 Posted by ursaber (10165 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter: Oddly enough, Cyborg Spider looks like the coolest of the three LOL

#1117 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5232 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:

@animehunter: Oddly enough, Cyborg Spider looks like the coolest of the three LOL

Love How Into The Spider-Verse Peter Looks Though.

#1119 Posted by ursaber (10165 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter

@quilsniv

@marvelman92

@ursaber

@knightwriteri

@eto

@mizerous

@blackspidey2099

@zariusii

@thor_parker82

So, the final DLC for Spider-Man PS4 released, Silver Lining.

Silver Sable is a badass. They mentioned a lot about Symkaria and further developments on superpowers between Oscorp, Sable International and Hammerhead's faction.

Yuri Lowenthal's Peter Parker and Spider-Man continues to be top notch here. On Mary Jane who is Spidey's partner in crime, the two have some neat dialogue exchanges. My nitpick with this version of MJ continues to be the same, wherein she's not MJ but rather Lois Lane in Lana Lang's body. I like that she and Peter work together and have some good on the job chemistry, but at the same time, MJ's mostly all business, she's like a workaholic. Its necessary for MJ to still have some of her fun party girl traits together with her responsible and capable and fully developed self but that's missing here. So yeah, its good to see MJ working with Peter but at the same time, it doesn't feel like she's Mary Jane Watson.

Also there is a major character's fate is revealed here.

#1120 Posted by ZariusII (5771 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber I hear

Mary Jane takes an oversea assignment to cover a war zone. Anything else on that? Do they have a conversation about it? Hearing she's all business in this DLC has me worried there's no time for any personal interaction about MJ's big decision here. I theorise MJ's just trying to give herself the kind of life experience her boyfriend is used to in order to be a better partner for him, but do they have a meaningful moment?

#1121 Posted by ursaber (10165 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

@ursaber I hear

Mary Jane takes an oversea assignment to cover a war zone. Anything else on that? Do they have a conversation about it? Hearing she's all business in this DLC has me worried there's no time for any personal interaction about MJ's big decision here. I theorise MJ's just trying to give herself the kind of life experience her boyfriend is used to in order to be a better partner for him, but do they have a meaningful moment?

She's all business in the entire game with tidbits of her tackling personal matters and being witty. Or haven't you notice in the entire game how all she's interested in and on about is her journalism.

MJ is covering the Symkaria Civil War and her passionate articles regarding that convinced the Bugle to send her there to cover it. Peter is hesitant at this but he knows full well he can't stop MJ from doing this since its her job, plus she makes a good case about her assignment saying her coverage will bring attention to the troubled nation and maybe save lives. She says goodbye with a heartfelt I Love You and Peter states he misses her as soon as the call ends. They don't meet face to face in the entire DLC much like the previous one.

This MJ, as I've stated before is Lois Lane (in Lana Lang's body) but called Mary Jane Watson. And she also resembles a lot her USM cartoon version who wanted to work and travel over seas. In fact, PS4 MJ is exactly like USM cartoon MJ but with her romance to Peter being an actual thing as opposed to just friends.

BTW, Black Cat makes her return here.

#1122 Posted by ursaber (10165 posts) - - Show Bio
#1123 Posted by ZariusII (5771 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber God, I wish that vid had it's comments disabled...sooooooooo many salty Felicia and Into the Spider-Verse movie fans thinking this is a break-up.

#1124 Edited by ursaber (10165 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

@ursaber God, I wish that vid had it's comments disabled...sooooooooo many salty Felicia and Into the Spider-Verse movie fans thinking this is a break-up.

No need to overreact. People will comment just about any opinion. It cannot be stopped or censored.

TBH, I prefer Felicia over Mary Jane in the game. I like the idea of Peter and Mary Jane together, symbolically, but I truly don't like this version of Mary Jane since the only thing she and Mary Jane Watson share is their name. I truly do hope they make some personality and appearance improvements in the sequel. Mary Jane says "tiger" prominently, not in every sentence but in every encounter or conversation with Peter, she is highly capable and responsible but she's not a workaholic, all business type of girl. She inserts flare, sass and lightheartedness into her manner much like how Peter always needs to crack a joke, albeit... better. Mary Jane likes to have fun even while working, Insomniac Mary Jane seems like she's working endlessly on her career full throttle as if to get a Pulitzer Award. And in that I see Lois Lane, not Mary Jane.

But worry not, the comments are irrelevant when you know for a fact that its not a break up. The game will likely be set over a year or more into the future and we will still see Peter and Mary Jane together.

#1125 Edited by ZariusII (5771 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber Actually, I've heard from a few sources that Spidergeddon takes place after the DLCs, and MJ was shown to already be back there.

#1126 Posted by ursaber (10165 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

@ursaber Actually, I've heard from a few sources that Spidergeddon takes place after the DLCs, and MJ was shown to already be back there.

There you go.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
#1127 Posted by infantfinite128 (5878 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: I haven't played the game, but I really enjoyed reading your thoughts.

And thanks for all of your amazing commentary of the year.

I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas sir. God bless.

#1128 Edited by ursaber (10165 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: I haven't played the game, but I really enjoyed reading your thoughts.

And thanks for all of your amazing commentary of the year.

I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas sir. God bless.

Thank and bless you as well.

What thoughts might I ask, the ones about Mary Jane in the game resembling Lois Lane more?

Christmas Merry to you.

Haven't heard from ya in a while.

#1129 Posted by infantfinite128 (5878 posts) - - Show Bio

@infantfinite128: Yep. The Lois/Mary Jane comparison. It's a great write up.

I haven't played the game to judge for myself, but so far it seems that the Spectacular Spider-man animated series is the only adaptation to get Mary Jane right.

I'm currently re-watching Spider-man 2. While the MJ is underwhelming, it's still such a good movie. It's my favorite Marvel movie.

#1130 Posted by ursaber (10165 posts) - - Show Bio
#1131 Posted by animehunter (8721 posts) - - Show Bio
#1132 Posted by PunyParker (15717 posts) - - Show Bio
#1133 Posted by ursaber (10165 posts) - - Show Bio

This game deserves every piece of praise it gets.

Except the fact that they portrayed Felicia as a total a**hole, but to be perfectly honest, she kinda sorta is in certain situations, so this gets a slight pass.

That figure is insane. Its for a single console. That is nothing short of phenomenal.

Felicia was great. It was how she tricked Peter at the end that was the a hole move.

BTW PunyParker, what did you think of Peter, MJ, Miles, May, Mr Negative and Otto, AS CHARACTERS in the game.

To me, Peter was excellent, Mary Jane was well portrayed but felt more like Lois Lane in Lana Lang's body.

#1134 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5232 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@Elbarto17 said:

This game deserves every piece of praise it gets.

Except the fact that they portrayed Felicia as a total a**hole, but to be perfectly honest, she kinda sorta is in certain situations, so this gets a slight pass.

That figure is insane. Its for a single console. That is nothing short of phenomenal.

Felicia was great. It was how she tricked Peter at the end that was the a hole move.

BTW PunyParker, what did you think of Peter, MJ, Miles, May, Mr Negative and Otto, AS CHARACTERS in the game.

To me, Peter was excellent, Mary Jane was well portrayed but felt more like Lois Lane in Lana Lang's body.

HUGE FREAKING CONGRATS TO INSOMNIAC AND EVERYONE WORKING IN THERE!!!!!!!!!! I Also Love Peter In This. Same Goes For Miles, MJ, Felicia, Yuri, Sable, Mister Negative, Octavious, Jonah, May, Hammerhead, And The Five Of The Six.

#1136 Posted by infantfinite128 (5878 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: Thanks for continuing to tag me!

#1137 Posted by ursaber (10165 posts) - - Show Bio
#1138 Posted by infantfinite128 (5878 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: I don't have the game, but I think Bagman or Future Fantastic costume DLC makes sense.

#1139 Posted by ursaber (10165 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: I don't have the game, but I think Bagman or Future Fantastic costume DLC makes sense.

Or an encounter with Johnny Storm

#1140 Posted by QuilSniv (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@infantfinite128 said:

Eh, I wouldn't bet on it until the Fox merger goes through, just because Marvel wants to make it clearly that they have control of that property again before letting other characters into the game. (And even then, characters that would work in a New York setting like Luke Cage and Daredevil haven't made appearances either.)

#1141 Posted by ursaber (10165 posts) - - Show Bio

@quilsniv said:
@ursaber said:
@infantfinite128 said:

Eh, I wouldn't bet on it until the Fox merger goes through, just because Marvel wants to make it clearly that they have control of that property again before letting other characters into the game. (And even then, characters that would work in a New York setting like Luke Cage and Daredevil haven't made appearances either.)

Then an old bag or an F4 briefcase containing the FF suit with Peter referencing an adventure with the F4. Something like "hah, this suit, I wore it when I was a team member of the F4" or something along those lines. Then Peter goes on to say "I wonder when they'll be coming back from the Negative Zone" or something.

#1142 Edited by PunyParker (15717 posts) - - Show Bio

The best thing this game archieved is to give a CORRECT characterization of Peter Parker to newcomers, and remind to old-heads, like me, that people still know what makes Pete great.
Because we had been drifting away from his good qualities, in all media, for too long.

Glad this thing exists.

#1143 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4933 posts) - - Show Bio

This game was awesome.

I 100% all trophies and had a blast.

The DLC really stepped it up with the difficulty though lmao.

#1144 Edited by animehunter (8721 posts) - - Show Bio
#1146 Posted by ursaber (10165 posts) - - Show Bio

Not bad!

I like the chin and jawline of the cosplayer better than in game MJ. I didn't notice the piercings in the game.

For the hairstyle I would give MJ two bangs as opposed to one massive bang covering most of her forehead.

No Caption Provided

#1148 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16369 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: Agreed, the missions you played as MJ were boring as hell, just sneaking around and waiting for the enemy to head the other way.

#1149 Posted by Straight-Fire (27331 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh? Playing as MJ was one of the best parts about the game.

#1150 Posted by phillip33 (4280 posts) - - Show Bio

@straight-fire: ur crazy, the miles and MJ sections were far and away the low points in the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.