Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man (Insomniac game) discussion.

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
    TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@scott_summers52 said:

I really hope this is true. We NEED MJ in this game.

May I ask you why? Just curiosity.

I'm hoping the love has white or red hair.

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
    deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scott_summers52 said:

You need to know why? Okay. Mary Jane is an interesting and complex character who's been disrespected by Marvel since OMD. Seeing her in this game as the awesome character we know from the comics would be a great service to all the fans of the Spider-marriage.

I agree, Black Cat would be my second pick for a love interest.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theheaven_guardian10 said:
    @scott_summers52 said:

You need to know why? Okay. Mary Jane is an interesting and complex character who's been disrespected by Marvel since OMD. Seeing her in this game as the awesome character we know from the comics would be a great service to all the fans of the Spider-marriage.

Was just asking dude lol, I dig your passion though. Absolutely agree with every word you typed about MJ.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

She is my second (and at times first) pick too.

I would love to see these two in a high quality game, where they are written well.

heroesgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Apparently this game might have costume creator, if so that would be insane and already tops 99% of the Spidey games IMO.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theheaven_guardian10: Sorry, that came out more aggressive than I meant to.

Yeah, Black Cat would be great in this game. Other Spider-Man games didn't serve her justice.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theheaven_guardian10: Sorry, that came out more aggressive than I meant to.

Yeah, Black Cat would be great in this game. Other Spider-Man games didn't serve her justice.

I took more as passion. So It's all good.

I think Black Cat would be great in this game. Agree bro other games didn't really due her justice. I would love if she was used like Catwoman in the Arkham series.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theheaven_guardian10: @scott_summers52:

I'm REALLY Glad That MJ Might Be The Love Interest In The Game And Am Looking Forward To See What They Could Actually Do With Her. I'm Hoping That She's Played By Tara Platt Because Not Only Does She Capture MJ Well, But She's Also The Wife Of Yuri Lowenthal Who Is Actually The Main Voice Lead As Peter Parker/Spider-Man. So It'll Be A Meaningful Reference There.

Speaking Of Felicia, I Wonder What Her Role Will Be Like In The Game. Maybe A Partner For Spider-Man For Some Important Missions And For The Heck Of It And/Or Is Just Trying To Turn On Him Due To Her Being Black Mailed By Other Gang Leaders. Whatever Her Role Would Be Should Actually Be More Interesting.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm REALLY Glad That MJ Might Be The Love Interest In The Game And Am Looking Forward To See What They Could Actually Do With Her. I'm Hoping That She's Played By Tara Platt Because Not Only Does She Capture MJ Well, But She's Also The Wife Of Yuri Lowenthal Who Is Actually The Main Voice Lead As Peter Parker/Spider-Man. So It'll Be A Meaningful Reference There.

Speaking Of Felicia, I Wonder What Her Role Will Be Like In The Game. Maybe A Partner For Spider-Man For Some Important Missions And For The Heck Of It And/Or Is Just Trying To Turn On Him Due To Her Being Black Mailed By Other Gang Leaders. Whatever Her Role Would Be Should Actually Be More Interesting.

Tara Platt is be an very very neat choice for MJ's voice. It would be very cool and interesting to how her and Yuri, play of one another. If she is in the game. I hope she more than just a love interest.

If Felicia is in the game. I think her role should be similar to Catwoman's in the Arkham series. Lover/friend/alley and maybe reluctant emeny. Whatever her part maybe be, should be dynamic, interesting and positive. It would also be very sweet If she was a playable character.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92 said:

Tara Platt is be an very very neat choice for MJ's voice. It would be very cool and interesting to how her and Yuri, play of one another. If she is in the game. I hope she more than just a love interest.

If Felicia is in the game. I think her role should be similar to Catwoman's in the Arkham series. Lover/friend/alley and maybe reluctant emeny. Whatever her part maybe be, should be dynamic, interesting and positive. It would also be very sweet If she was a playable character.

I'm Hoping That MJ Is Peter's Fiance In This Game. It'd Be Really Sweet To See Them Live In An Apartment Together Since Their College Days And See Peter Ready To Propose To Her But Still Needs To Be Ready For The Right Time To Do That. It'd Be Really Interesting To See How MJ's Life Is Like In This Game. I Hear That She May Be A Model Seeing As How There Was A Billboard Of What Appears To Be MJ That Says "Get Into The Black". Also Wonder If She's Also An Actress In This Game As Well.

As For Felicia, It Would Actually Be Interesting To See Her As A Playable Character. But, I'm Thinking That It Could Be In A DLC Since The Game Is More Peter Parker Focused. But, Whatever Role She Has In The Game Could Be More Compelling, Exciting, And Intense For Her. I'm Actually More Leaning Towards Elizabeth Maxwell In The Game Since She Was Brilliant As Ymir From Attack On Titan And Trow From Snow White With Red Hair. I Believe She Truly Captures Everything About Felicia Like Tricia Helfer Has With Her.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Discount Arkham gameplay and four quintillion quick time events.

9/10 - IGN

but tbh I'll probably preorder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92 said:

I'm Hoping That MJ Is Peter's Fiance In This Game. It'd Be Really Sweet To See Them Live In An Apartment Together Since Their College Days And See Peter Ready To Propose To Her But Still Needs To Be Ready For The Right Time To Do That. It'd Be Really Interesting To See How MJ's Life Is Like In This Game. I Hear That She May Be A Model Seeing As How There Was A Billboard Of What Appears To Be MJ That Says "Get Into The Black". Also Wonder If She's Also An Actress In This Game As Well.

As For Felicia, It Would Actually Be Interesting To See Her As A Playable Character. But, I'm Thinking That It Could Be In A DLC Since The Game Is More Peter Parker Focused. But, Whatever Role She Has In The Game Could Be More Compelling, Exciting, And Intense For Her. I'm Actually More Leaning Towards Elizabeth Maxwell In The Game Since She Was Brilliant As Ymir From Attack On Titan And Trow From Snow White With Red Hair. I Believe She Truly Captures Everything About Felicia Like Tricia Helfer Has With Her.

Yeah, I could imagine them focusing the main story on Peter with extra DLC letting us play as different characters (like what Arkham Knight did with Nightwing, Catwoman, Red Hood, etc.). I want a good supporting cast, but the story should be focused on fleshing out this Peter's character and what motivates him. Putting playable characters on DLC (Black Cat, maybe Miles) would make sure none of them overshadow Peter or clutter the storyline with forced cameos and interactions.

I really hope they don't decide to put Gwen as the main love interest or some uninteresting BND character like Carlie Cooper. This game seems to be taking a lot of things from BND, hopefully they don't go in that direction.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92 said:
    @marvelman92 said:

@scott_summers52 said:
    @marvelman92 said:
    @marvelman92 said:

Yeah, I could imagine them focusing the main story on Peter with extra DLC letting us play as different characters (like what Arkham Knight did with Nightwing, Catwoman, Red Hood, etc.). I want a good supporting cast, but the story should be focused on fleshing out this Peter's character and what motivates him. Putting playable characters on DLC (Black Cat, maybe Miles) would make sure none of them overshadow Peter or clutter the storyline with forced cameos and interactions.

I really hope they don't decide to put Gwen as the main love interest or some uninteresting BND character like Carlie Cooper. This game seems to be taking a lot of things from BND, hopefully they don't go in that direction.

Everything these two gentleman said and described need to take place in this game. Black Cat would very much work better as a DLC playable character. The main story should be all about Peter.

I personal think they're going MJ, which is the right choice.

KingKarate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#566  Edited By MarvelMan92
    MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If there's an art book for this game, I will probably buy it. I love game design and conceptual drawing and what we've seen so far has been excellent.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scott_summers52: Naw!! But I hope some comes soon. This game has me uber excited!!!

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#578  Edited By MarvelMan92

@scott_summers52: Naw!! But I hope some comes soon. This game has me uber excited!!!

So Far, Insomniac Has Been Teasing About The Game Being Involved In NYCC Which Is On October. So, We'll Probably Get Some More News There. Probably A Teaser, A Gameplay Demo, Some Talk About The Game, The Showcasing Of The Game, Some Characters Being Revealed, Some Villains Being Revealed, An Action Sequence, Some Casts Being Revealed, Anything Really. But, I Hope To See Some Tease Coming Before There If Anything. So, We'll Just Actually Have To Wait And See.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Far, Insomniac Has Been Teasing About The Game Being Involved In NYCC Which Is On October. So, We'll Probably Get Some More News There. Probably A Teaser, A Gameplay Demo, Some Talk About The Game, The Showcasing Of The Game, Some Characters Being Revealed, Some Villains Being Revealed, An Action Sequence, Some Casts Being Revealed, Anything Really. But, I Hope To See Some Tease Coming Before There If Anything. So, We'll Just Actually Have To Wait And See.

If anything, NYCC is the most likely place for new footage/a trailer. Everything so far has been promising, hopefully this game will live up to our expectations. I would love to see more Marvel video games after Spider-Man starring other characters in the Marvel universe. I've always dreamed of a great X-Men game...

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92 said:

If anything, NYCC is the most likely place for new footage/a trailer. Everything so far has been promising, hopefully this game will live up to our expectations. I would love to see more Marvel video games after Spider-Man starring other characters in the Marvel universe. I've always dreamed of a great X-Men game...

I Hope To See Some New Games For Them As Well. I'd Like To See A Punisher And/Or Wolverine Game Being Handled By Naughty Dog As Well As Daredevil And Iron Man Being Made By Sucker Punch And Thor Being Made By The Guys Who Developed The God Of Wars Series. Right Now, There Is An Avengers RPG Game Being Made By Square Enix And Crystal Dynamics. And As For The X-Men, I Really Do Hope That They Actually Make One Soon. But, I Wonder Who'd Actually Be Developing Them? You Gotta Any Ideas For A Team For Them?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scott_summers52 said:
    @marvelman92 said:

I Hope To See Some New Games For Them As Well. I'd Like To See A Punisher And/Or Wolverine Game Being Handled By Naughty Dog As Well As Daredevil And Iron Man Being Made By Sucker Punch And Thor Being Made By The Guys Who Developed The God Of Wars Series. Right Now, There Is An Avengers RPG Game Being Made By Square Enix And Crystal Dynamics. And As For The X-Men, I Really Do Hope That They Actually Make One Soon. But, I Wonder Who'd Actually Be Developing Them? You Gotta Any Ideas For A Team For Them?

Hm. I know that Bioware's reputation has been tarnished after the horrible mess that was Mass Effect Andromeda, but an X-Men game made by them could have a lot of promise. Imagine being able to choose a mutant to play as and developing relationships with the other X-Men, all while making decisions that affect the storyline. That could be really interesting.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92 said:
    @scott_summers52 said:
    @marvelman92 said:

Hm. I know that Bioware's reputation has been tarnished after the horrible mess that was Mass Effect Andromeda, but an X-Men game made by them could have a lot of promise. Imagine being able to choose a mutant to play as and developing relationships with the other X-Men, all while making decisions that affect the storyline. That could be really interesting.

Yeah, That'd Actually Be Very Interesting To See. But, I Wonder What Kind Of Powers Would We Actually Give Our Mutants?

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really MJ and Black Cat are in it.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92 said:

I would love a Daredevil game, especially high quality one. It would be a dream come true.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scott_summers52 said:
    @marvelman92 said:
    @scott_summers52 said:
    @marvelman92 said:

Yeah, That'd Actually Be Very Interesting To See. But, I Wonder What Kind Of Powers Would We Actually Give Our Mutants?

You would probably start with basic powers (flight, energy, etc.) that can be upgraded throughout the game. Or something.

As long as they don't use Gwen or someone like Carlie Cooper as the love interest, I'll be fine...

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92 said:
    @scott_summers52 said:
    @marvelman92 said:
    @scott_summers52 said:
    @marvelman92 said:

You would probably start with basic powers (flight, energy, etc.) that can be upgraded throughout the game. Or something.

As long as they don't use Gwen or someone like Carlie Cooper as the love interest, I'll be fine...

I don't have an issue with Gwen, but I don't want to see her in this particular game. And Hell Yes and No to Carlie Cooper.

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
    Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Insomniac can see this:

I have said this many times before; I personally do not want gadgets to play a heavy role in gameplay and a necessity to progress in the game.

It feels like the easy way out for me to sell the game as "many options for gameplay." Many games have variety of gadgets, gear and stuff (Ratchet and Clank, Sunset Overdrive, etc).

I want more focus on Spider-Man's powerset, regular webbing, and environment as a weapon and tool in itself instead.

Spider-Man's power set is very unique (more so than most gadgets and weapons in games), and can bring out new and innovative gameplay mechanics.

On the other hand; I guess I can see why Insomniac seems to be in need of animators.

No Caption Provided

I say they need to make the transition of Spider-Man from top of car to carrying car "less floaty" and more natural. It seems like he "floated" down to ground while simultaneously getting into carrying car position on ground.

I guess have Spider-Man pounce or propel from car to ground and seamlessly roll or spin to face car (also okay for Spidey to catch car back turned amazing spiderman 2 stopping bus style) faster than car dropping (since Spider-Man has showings of outpacing a bullet by propelling himself forward or backward from the ground or something.)

Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For a game that prides itself for being
    For a game that prides itself for being "physics based," Spidey just floats in the air for seconds and then drops.

But then again; a game's job is to be fun. Realistic does not always mean fun.

Well if Insomniac has time and resources; hopefully they consider it.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592  Edited By MarvelMan92

If Insomniac can see this:

I have said this many times before; I personally do not want gadgets to play a heavy role in gameplay and a necessity to progress in the game.

It feels like the easy way out for me to sell the game as "many options for gameplay." Many games have variety of gadgets, gear and stuff (Ratchet and Clank, Sunset Overdrive, etc).

I want more focus on Spider-Man's powerset, regular webbing, and environment as a weapon and tool in itself instead.

Spider-Man's power set is very unique (more so than most gadgets and weapons in games), and can bring out new and innovative gameplay mechanics.

On the other hand; I guess I can see why Insomniac seems to be in need of animators.

No Caption Provided

I say they need to make the transition of Spider-Man from top of car to carrying car "less floaty" and more natural. It seems like he "floated" down to ground while simultaneously getting into carrying car position on ground.

I guess have Spider-Man pounce or propel from car to ground and seamlessly roll or spin to face car (also okay for Spidey to catch car back turned amazing spiderman 2 stopping bus style) faster than car dropping (since Spider-Man has showings of outpacing a bullet by propelling himself forward or backward from the ground or something.)

Nice Analysis. While I Can Agree With Most Of What You Said, The Whole Gadgets Thing Is Needed For Spidey Because Of His Use Of Intelligence And competence. Sure The Guy Is Very Skillful And Combatant, But, The Guy Has To Rely On His Gadgets If He Ever Wants To Succeed In Beating His Foes And Stopping Crime. Spidey Has Done This Alot Of The Times And Is The Type Of Person Who Has To Rely On His Wit To Be More Competent. Also, The Game Will Also Be Very Skilled Base. You Can Just Use Your Gadgets Whenever You Want If Necessary.

Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92:

While I Can Agree With Most Of What You Said, The Whole Gadgets Thing Is Needed For Spidey Because Of His Use Of Intelligence And competence. Sure The Guy Is Very Skillful And Combatant, But, The Guy Has To Rely On His Gadgets If He Ever Wants To Succeed In Beating His Foes And Stopping Crime. Spidey Has Done This Alot Of The Times And Is The Type Of Person Who Has To Rely On His Wit To Be More Competent. Also, The Game Will Also Be Very Skilled Base. You Can Just Use Your Gadgets Whenever You Want If Necessary.

Okay sure. On the other hand; Insomniac could have a trophy wherein you complete game without gadgets or something.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92:

While I Can Agree With Most Of What You Said, The Whole Gadgets Thing Is Needed For Spidey Because Of His Use Of Intelligence And competence. Sure The Guy Is Very Skillful And Combatant, But, The Guy Has To Rely On His Gadgets If He Ever Wants To Succeed In Beating His Foes And Stopping Crime. Spidey Has Done This Alot Of The Times And Is The Type Of Person Who Has To Rely On His Wit To Be More Competent. Also, The Game Will Also Be Very Skilled Base. You Can Just Use Your Gadgets Whenever You Want If Necessary.

Okay sure. On the other hand; Insomniac could have a trophy wherein you complete game without gadgets or something.

I Could Definitely See That Happening.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@marvelman92: Stop tagging me please its kinda ruining my notifications.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@marvelman92: Stop tagging me please its kinda ruining my notifications.

Sorry, I'll Make Sure I'll Tag You If Any More Important News Shows Up.

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

The game looks fun so far. The one thing that bugs me though is quick time events. I've never been a fan of quick time events.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game looks fun so far. The one thing that bugs me though is quick time events. I've never been a fan of quick time events.

The Quick Time Events Are Actually Optional In This Game And Could Actually Effect The Events Of The Story Whether Or Not You Actually Perform Them. Plus, Most Of The Quick Time Events Are Rather More Playable Than Just Pressing Some Buttons.

Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What if Insomniac also make quick time event more rewarding?

AmazingLucas make good point about making it more interactive by matching Spidey's action with the button prompts.

Back to my point; depending on how accurately you timed button prompt or how fast you repeatedly prompt buttons like when he was shooting web on helicopter, you get bonus experience points or something...and a trophy for trophy hunters out there.

Also if a certain level will have a rank system of how well you performed on a level (how fast you complete level, how much damage you did not sustain,etc.) or similar to how the recent DOOM game does with its challenge system (how many enemy you killed in particular way, etc.), how accurately you do button prompt in quick time event should be one of the factors.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#600  Edited By MarvelMan92

What if Insomniac also make quick time event more rewarding?

AmazingLucas make good point about making it more interactive by matching Spidey's action with the button prompts.

Back to my point; depending on how accurately you timed button prompt or how fast you repeatedly prompt buttons like when he was shooting web on helicopter, you get bonus experience points or something...and a trophy for trophy hunters out there.

Also if a certain level will have a rank system of how well you performed on a level (how fast you complete level, how much damage you did not sustain,etc.) or similar to how the recent DOOM game does with its challenge system (how many enemy you killed in particular way, etc.), how accurately you do button prompt in quick time event should be one of the factors.

All Of That Actually Seems Like Fun. I Could See Insomniac Doing All Of That Especially With The Quick Time Events. I Think They Actually Presented The Quick Time Events In The Demo To Make It Easier. I Believe we'll Actually See The More Harder Quick Time Events That AmazingLucas Has Presented.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.