Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17239 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Is The Best Marvel Film In Years

kyle2018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kyle2018

Like many people, Spider-Man is by far my favorite superhero.

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
    TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Spider-Man: Homecoming is the best Spidey film yet!!!!!!!!!! Yeah I said it!!!!!!

Rock_Hard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was the best MCU films in years.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MainJP

I liked it a lot, so I'd say yes.

And it beats the Raimi movies too. Alright, alright that's a bait.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf
    deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it has been a while since we got something really good like this would put in my top 5 comic book movies with

iron man1, winter soldier, the batman (1989), and the avengers (no order)

(spiderman 2 is tied with it for the other spot)

BlackSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, it is a good movie, a highly entertaining movie, but not the best MCU in five years.

Captain America Winter Soldier and Captain America Civil War were better, Guardians of the Galaxy too.

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Stefano

Not even close

rahiem9123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rahiem9123

Spider-Man 2

And winter soldier are both still king

lestrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-man 2 , nuff said.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By Lvenger

I preferred Civil War from recent MCU movies and Spider-Man 2 is still better but Homecoming is still a great Spider-Man and Marvel movie.

Thesenate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Thesenate

Lol no. Especially if you mean Marvel in general and not just Disney Marvel.

AckRecky7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Homecoming was alright, but I got more heart and everything from GOTG2 and that's a MCU film just in the same year.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Homecoming is probably the best of the Spidey films buuuuut I don't think it can be called THE BEST Marvel movie.

It would have to contend with Doc Strange, CA Winter Soldier, Iron Man and Guardians of the Galaxy. Probably X-Men 1 as well...that movie was BAUSS!!!!

King_Nomarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By King_Nomarch

No

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm probably going to attract some heat, but I don't care, it is after all my opinion. I could go into more specifics about "Homecoming", but at this point, it's just a brief comment.

My kids enjoyed "Homecoming" more than I did. For me, it was pretty obvious that it was really a Miles Morales story, but with Peter Parker instead.

I am more accustomed to an adult Spider-Man, the way he was for forty years in the original mainstream (616) "Amazing Spider-Man" comic books, prior the atrocious "One More Day" storyline ten years ago and consequently all current nonsensical "Amazing Spider-Man" comics.

The notion that High School Spider-Man stories are better than the original run where 90% of Spider-Man stories have been of him as an adult is a fallacy, perpetrated by PC Sony and kid-friendly, comedy-centric Disney.

"Homecoming" just took most of it's ideas from Marvel's "Ultimate Spider-Man" comic book series, which culminated with Miles Morales eventually taking up the teen Spider-Man mantle. I'm calling Sony/Disney/Marvel's latest instalment, "Homecoming - Degrassi High" or "Spider-Boy - Fake Spider-Man". It had its' moments but it wasn't Spider-Man, no not even close. It really should've been a Miles Morales film.

Will Marvel Studios (NOT PHONY SONY), ever make a mature Spider-Man film with Peter Parker as an adult, the real Mary Jane, JJJ, Hobie Brown, and Robbie Robertson? Who knows, only time will tell.

IMO, "Wonder Woman" was a much better constructed and consistent film with more heart and substance as were "Logan" and "GOTG 2" at being very different to each other, but equally awesome films.

Combo-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was SJW agenda driven crap, spitting in the face of any true Spidey fan.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a220d15cc740
    deactivated-5a220d15cc740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Homecoming is overrated.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By Chimeroid

It was a nice laugh. Thats about it. Keaton was great. MJ was cringy as hell with her "omg , i'm so random, look at me do some hipster random stuff while pretending i dont care about anything cuz i am edgy"and flash was really unconvincing as a bully. Seriously if anyone ever thought Penis Parker was a good joke and tried to use it after 9 years of age they are the one that would get bullied.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, it was better than most MCU movies.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@combo-man: What was SJW about it? I didn't notice anything like that when I watched the movie.

Combo-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Combo-Man

@nickzambuto:

most movies and TV push the leftist agenda, compared to a lot of other movies it wasn't that bad. but it was still there. why change the race of established characters?

Liz Osborn has been reimagined as black. I can just picture the producers thinking how edgy it would be for Spidey to have a black girlfriend. it's cringy.

And it has nothing to do with her character. the only reason Liz is black in the movie is to promote mixed race dating. that's called pushing a political, social agenda. I'm not making a judgement about mixed race dating, I'm just saying it's unnecessary to the film yet it was a priority to the filmakers. And Vultures wife was black too.

Flash Thompson is now Mexican or something

And MJ is now you guessed it not white. and she's now an angsty SJW randomly claiming the Washington monument was built by slaves.

And the worst thing about it as a Spidey fan is there are enough great non-white characters already in spider-man's universe Puma, The Prowler, Joe "Robbie" Robertson, Luke Cage, Glory Grant, Rocket Racer, Vermin.

I just wish hollywood would go back to thinking about characters and quality above all else. and stop making social, political statements.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@combo-man: I didn't really care about Liz Allen's race change because her only requirement as a character is to be pretty. And she was, I can buy Peter having a crush on her. So it's as simple as that.

Combo-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto:

She was pretty, that's not the point, the point is the filmakers are more concerned with pushing an agenda than making a good movie. or if they decide they want spider-mans world to be less white, then put interesting non white characters from the comics in the movie, instead of changing the race of overused white characters, it's lazy, and pandering.

apewar012467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman Homecoming was an ok film, but it didn't really live up to the expectations that it was given. I expected this to be one of the best MCU movies there was, but was let done by unfunny quips as we saw and mediocre fight scences. It's a good MCU movie, but not the best MCU movie. Not even by a longshot. I do feel like Holland really helped hold the film together, but even he wasn't enough to be the film's saving grace. Still, it wasn't the worst movie ever. Maybe in a sequel there will be some improvement.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Homecoming had

Nothing about Harry or oscorp

Nothing about Uncle Ben, even a small mention the only one we had when peter was convincing his friend not to say

what really annoyed me- NOT A PROPER VULTURE FIGHT SCENE

the MJ thing and like where tf is Peters true love?

BlindingLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it was probably the best introductory film for a MCU character since the first Iron Man.

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it was an okay movie,

casting was bad for me, fight scenes,

few laughs and the excitement for spiderman in the MCU is the only thing that made me happy. other than that, nothing special.

forgot to show how he is really intellectual, too much wanting to prove something to stark instead of ben's death fueling his drive to be a hero, reliance on stark tech. AI costume so bad. not the spiderman at all i was expecting. garfields far better spidey

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto:

most movies and TV push the leftist agenda, compared to a lot of other movies it wasn't that bad. but it was still there. why change the race of established characters?

Liz Osborn has been reimagined as black. I can just picture the producers thinking how edgy it would be for Spidey to have a black girlfriend. it's cringy.

And it has nothing to do with her character. the only reason Liz is black in the movie is to promote mixed race dating. that's called pushing a political, social agenda. I'm not making a judgement about mixed race dating, I'm just saying it's unnecessary to the film yet it was a priority to the filmakers. And Vultures wife was black too.

Flash Thompson is now Mexican or something

And MJ is now you guessed it not white. and she's now an angsty SJW randomly claiming the Washington monument was built by slaves.

And the worst thing about it as a Spidey fan is there are enough great non-white characters already in spider-man's universe Puma, The Prowler, Joe "Robbie" Robertson, Luke Cage, Glory Grant, Rocket Racer, Vermin.

I just wish hollywood would go back to thinking about characters and quality above all else. and stop making social, political statements.

You say "SJW" like it's a bad thing. Fighting for social justice is what you're supposed to do. That's something people who read superhero comics should agree with, not be against. Superheroes are all about altruism. They're all about being selfless, compassionate and doing the right thing, how did you not learn that lesson?

It must be the same way you never learned that the Washington Monument, the White House and much of our nation's capitol was built by slaves. That's why they put in the movie, for people like you who didn't know.

If for no other reason than it taught you something, that's enough to make one of the best Marvel movies.

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont think it was better than the original Rami films. I'd rank them like:

1. Spider-Man 2
    2. Spider-Man
    3. Spider-Man Homecoming
    4. The Amazing Spider-Man
    5. Spider-Man 3

I still havent seen TAS2.

Combo-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Combo-Man

@scorpio_cassadine said:

You say "SJW" like it's a bad thing. Fighting for social justice is what you're supposed to do. That's something people who read superhero comics should agree with, not be against. Superheroes are all about altruism. They're all about being selfless, compassionate and doing the right thing, how did you not learn that lesson?

Social Justice is just cultural marxism. elevating peoples positions in society based on their perceived historical injustices. yes I'm opposed to that, it's ludicrous.

Superhero comics have never been about "social justice" they are simply about justice. whenever you prefix the word justice with the word social it takes on a whole different meaning.

at it's heart the superhero concept is mostly about good vs evil and that an individual is responsible for his actions and his actions alone, SJWs reject this idea in favor of the concept of collective guilt.

all whites are to blame for slavery, all straight people bear responsibility for gay bashing, all men are guilty of sexism and mistreatment of women. this is all bullshit and should be rejected by any sane person.

Another massive difference is that superhero comics throughout the 20th century promoted and strengthened feelings of patriotism in young people. that's the opposite of SJWs who blame "America" in the abstract for all of today's problems.

@scorpio_cassadine said:

It must be the same way you never learned that the Washington Monument, the White House and much of our nation's capitol was built by slaves. That's why they put in the movie, for people like you who didn't know.

If for no other reason than it taught you something, that's enough to make one of the best Marvel movies.

That's not true, most of the construction of The Washington Monument wasn't completed until after the civil war, when slavery was illegal. and even when construction began slavery was already widely unpopular in the northern United States. in other words slaves did not build the Washington Monument.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.