Spider-Man Fans, Casual Discussion

#1451 Posted by Supermanthor (20464 posts) - - Show Bio
#1452 Edited by ZariusII (5777 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter Mate, it's a Jude Terror article, the guy is very much 90% clickbaiting snark. Bendis has had a few missteps with her character but he's made it pretty clear in interviews with fans and in the books that she's loyal to her husband and her family...even if she takes the offer by Lex and hides it from Clark, it's not going to turn her heel in the conventional sense. The offer Lex is making is about helping characters reach their apex, that's not necessarily the same thing as turning evil. Despite not having a variant cover, Martian Manhunter is given the offer too in Justice League, and the solicit indicates he possibly takes it.

Lois got the short straw here, Clark, Kara and Jon aren't going to take the offer because they're out in space, and Clark regardless is never going to listen to Lex Luthor

Personally, I think she'll tell Lex where to shove his offer. Bendis has said several times he's not breaking her and Clark up and that their foundations as a couple are strong.

#1453 Posted by ursaber (10173 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger

Did you see Star Wars Celebration?

If so what did you think of the Episode IX trailer, Jedi Fallen Order, Mandalorian and Clone Wars?

#1455 Posted by ursaber (10173 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger

Did you see Star Wars Celebration?

If so what did you think of the Episode IX trailer, Jedi Fallen Order, Mandalorian and Clone Wars?

-

There are a number of possible candidates for best female jedi such as Satele Shan, Mara Jade, Jaina Solo, etc.

But there is something about Nomi that makes her stand out to me. She had a really compelling hero's journey from losing her husband and taking up his saber, protecting their daughter, learning the Force, befriending Ulic and the Jedi, being fallible and yet powering on through to the end to see the galaxy brought to peace. And she's one of the few with the Sever Force ability.

#1456 Posted by PeterParker20 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

True Spider man fan

#1457 Edited by animehunter (8722 posts) - - Show Bio
#1458 Posted by Supermanthor (20464 posts) - - Show Bio
#1459 Posted by johnsmjs36 (521 posts) - - Show Bio
#1460 Posted by ursaber (10173 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor: I don't get the love for Jane.

Non of us do.

I did like her design when she was Thor though. Just the aesthetic and design, not the character.

#1461 Posted by ursaber (10173 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter: that means Thor Will be worthy again

He better be by the end of that arc. He better get Mjolnir back and get rid of the depression beard and ridiculous golden arm.

#1462 Posted by animehunter (8722 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you remember when action, were it was just ACTION, ACTION, ACTION.

With none of the drama nonsense, which is what most movies are today.

Well looks like we're getting a movie that takes us back to those days, and when I watched the second trailer, I found myself reminiscing about Tango and Cash with Sylvester Stallone and Kurt Russell , I really loved that movie.

Loading Video...

-

@ursaber, @quilsniv, @zariusii, @blackspidey2099, @mizerous, @marvelman92, @Elbarto17, @supermanthor

#1463 Edited by ZariusII (5777 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter Remember when this franchise used to be about street racing?

Also, LOLRomanReigns.

#1464 Posted by ursaber (10173 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

@animehunter Remember when this franchise used to be about street racing?

Also, LOLRomanReigns.

I still fervently love the first two Fast and Furious movies. Tokyo Drift used to be my favorite, but upon removing nostalgia goggles and watching it again, it wasn't very good.

But yeah, I saw that trailer recently and I am hyped for this. Just pure Arnold Schwarzenegger style high octane action.

BTW Captain America's helicopter grab in Civil War was much better than Rock's in this trailer. Rock's looks rather fake.

I thought Reigns was Jason Momoa until I paused at him.

So the hawaiian caveman is now a stereotype huh, tan skin, tattoos, really well built, lol

#1465 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man is starting to take a nose-dive.

#1466 Edited by ZariusII (5777 posts) - - Show Bio

@helloman Quit going off-topic, or at at least clarify what you mean, otherwise you're just billy bait cakes.

@ursaber What's your take on the July solicitation for Immortal Hulk? Looks like Betty and the Abomination are coming after Banner hard. Hate that they've reduced Betty's role to that of an enemy (and not for the first time either) she always believed in Bruce even after what he did to her life, now it seems she's been pushed too far. I won't be supporting the book until they're back together. Hell I'm of the opinion she should never have been brought back if this is the price we pay for having her return.

#1467 Posted by KingLouie (3567 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait this is a Spider-Man fans thread that talks nothing about Spider-Man? Pointless.

#1468 Edited by ZariusII (5777 posts) - - Show Bio

@kinglouie said:

Wait this is a Spider-Man fans thread that talks nothing about Spider-Man? Pointless.

Some of us don't like to venture to other corners of this site to discuss other topics, at least here we can talk about things that interest us without having to waddle through page after page of other people interrupting the flow of conversation or bitching with others.

So yes, there IS a point to it.

If you don't like it, here's a novel concept: Leave.

#1469 Edited by ursaber (10173 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

@ursaber What's your take on the July solicitation for Immortal Hulk? Looks like Betty and the Abomination are coming after Banner hard. Hate that they've reduced Betty's role to that of an enemy (and not for the first time either) she always believed in Bruce even after what he did to her life, now it seems she's been pushed too far. I won't be supporting the book until they're back together. Hell I'm of the opinion she should never have been brought back if this is the price we pay for having her return.

I'd say its too early to tell for that possibility.

Maybe she's tagging along with Abomination in order to keep an eye on him.

Is the Abomination a resurrected Rick Jones?

It says that both he and Harpy are after Hulk but it could also be a side effect of their respective transformations for them being so feral.

#1470 Posted by KingLouie (3567 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii: But why would a Spider-Man fan leave? This thread is still pointless and uninspiring. Make me sick to my stomach.

#1471 Posted by QuilSniv (425 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@zariusii said:

I'd say its too early to tell for that possibility.

Maybe she's tagging along with Abomination in order to keep an eye on him.

Is the Abomination a resurrected Rick Jones?

It says that both he and Harpy are after Hulk but it could also be a side effect of their respective transformations for them being so feral.

I think going off of what we saw in Immortal Hulk #16 it's safe to say that Rick is being turned into the new Abomination by Shadow Base.

And I do think that Betty isn't necessarily in control of herself on a sophisticated level, or she's also being controlled by Shadow Base. Considering that the book has established gamma radiation as more of an eldritch booster of certain facets of a person's personality, it's merging together both her Harpy and Red She-Hulk personalities, and those might not necessarily meld together well.

#1472 Posted by ursaber (10173 posts) - - Show Bio

@quilsniv: something like that sounds plausible

#1474 Edited by animehunter (8722 posts) - - Show Bio
#1475 Posted by animehunter (8722 posts) - - Show Bio
#1477 Posted by ZariusII (5777 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter For pete's sake, this is not the way to protest. Climate Change activists have more dignity than this.

#1479 Edited by ZariusII (5777 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter

@ursaber

@marvelman92

@mizerous

@quilsniv

@supermanthor

I know it's seemingly been an age since a Catwoman update...but...

OTTO SCHMIDT Gets Unstable in HARLEY QUINN #61 Preview

Selina is back in Gotham (probably has to travel back-and-forth to look after her cats), and Harley and Tina are trying to help her deal with her heartbreak over Bruce, Selina at one point suggests they rob a jewellery parlour rather than play games, then Harley breaks things and reality is altered!

Selina's in her current outfit, so this is no prequel

#1480 Edited by MarvelMan92 (5233 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

@animehunter For pete's sake, this is not the way to protest. Climate Change activists have more dignity than this.

Yep, As Much Of How Tom King Handles His Stuff Nowadays The Same Way As Bendis From What I've Noticed, As Much As We Love The Characters And Histories, This Is Really Not The Way To Do It. If You Honestly Feel Angry. Just Write Them Some Angry Letters. This Kind Of Thing Is REALLY Not The Way To Go Here.....At All....

#1482 Posted by ursaber (10173 posts) - - Show Bio

@quilsniv: @animehunter: @zariusii: @marvelman92: @thor_parker82

So I finally saw Endgame

It was awesome for the most part, not a masterpiece or classic like Infinity War, but a spectacle to behold nonetheless. Especially that final act.

Spoilers

Captain Marvel didn't steal the thunder here. Very glad. She's barely in the movie. Her introductory sequence however was cringy. It wasn't until they went to Thanos' planet that I wasn't critical of her and she was pretty much ok. I still have issues with her line delivery and condescending disposition. She sounds like she's reciting her lines while reading the script rather than memorizing them and saying them with immersion.

The time travel shenanigans were not the best. They served their purpose but the only thing I really liked was the alternate timelines bit. The time travel was for the most part a LOT of fan service and I think this may be what begins the series of What If's that Marvel Studios has planned. Hail Hydra was really cool here as was Thor and his mom, Stark and his dad, etc.

Ant-Man and Nebula were favorites in this film.

The full impact of the Decimation was pretty interesting to see. The pain and loss felt by everyone on screen felt genuine to me.

Devastated that Black Widow died and Vision remained dead. Yet they brought Gamora back which is meh. Now I don't want a Black Widow movie cause it would be a prequel and those suck.

Stark dying at the end was pretty much how the Infinity MCU was supposed to end. It began with Tony and ended with him. Glad he managed to have a life and a family with Pepper. I was worried they might go back in time to prevent the snap and Morgan Stark would never have existed. Cap's ending was well deserved and I felt really glad and happy for my favorite Avenger here. Passing on the shield to Sam felt organic and natural here and am curious to see where that will lead.

The epic Trinity vs Thanos and then Avengers Assemble vs Black Order part was absolutely epic on a scale never before seen.

#1483 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16369 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: Glad you liked it, while it had its problems, it was an amazing movie and definitely the best spectacle wise.

Captain Marvel didn't steal the thunder here. Very glad. She's barely in the movie. Her introductory sequence however was cringy. It wasn't until they went to Thanos' planet that I wasn't critical of her and she was pretty much ok. I still have issues with her line delivery and condescending disposition. She sounds like she's reciting her lines while reading the script rather than memorizing them and saying them with immersion.

Brie Larson has no charisma and no acting skills, I'm baffled that this is the character that's supposed to lead the MCU from now on.

Give me Wanda over her any day, all day, plus we still have Thor and Hulk around, it should be THEM who lead the MCU.

But hey, girl power amirite ?

The time travel shenanigans were not the best. They served their purpose but the only thing I really liked was the alternate timelines bit. The time travel was for the most part a LOT of fan service and I think this may be what begins the series of What If's that Marvel Studios has planned. Hail Hydra was really cool here as was Thor and his mom, Stark and his dad, etc.

I liked it, but also felt it was mostly there as a love letter to all the MCU films, could have been better, and I honestly wanted more action/fight scenes, we never really got any fight until the 3d act.

Ant-Man and Nebula were favorites in this film.

Nebula was good, Scott was great.

The full impact of the Decimation was pretty interesting to see. The pain and loss felt by everyone on screen felt genuine to me.

Indeed.

Devastated that Black Widow died and Vision remained dead. Yet they brought Gamora back which is meh. Now I don't want a Black Widow movie cause it would be a prequel and those suck.

They should remain dead, I was more devastated that none of the deaths in this film were actually provoked by Thanos, I wanted Thanos to kill many, or at least someone, but he didn't, the deaths were indirectly, not by his own hand.

Stark dying at the end was pretty much how the Infinity MCU was supposed to end. It began with Tony and ended with him. Glad he managed to have a life and a family with Pepper. I was worried they might go back in time to prevent the snap and Morgan Stark would never have existed.

Tony would have never helped them if time needed to go back, I am glad they didn't erase anything, though I believe it will be a bit of a problem going forward, because now the MCU is set on 2023.

Cap's ending was well deserved and I felt really glad and happy for my favorite Avenger here. Passing on the shield to Sam felt organic and natural here and am curious to see where that will lead.

Honestly, it was more organic if the shield was given to Bucky and that final talk was with Bucky instead of Sam, the emotional impact would have been bigger IMO.

The epic Trinity vs Thanos and then Avengers Assemble vs Black Order part was absolutely epic on a scale never before seen.

Simply the best spectacle put to screen, ever.

Btw, we'll have another mind blowing spectacle on screen in a few minutes, on Winterfell, what a great weekend.

===========================================================================

Also, what did you think of Thor in this movie ?

#1484 Posted by ursaber (10173 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82: THOR BUDDY YOU FINALLY RESPOND! How ya been!

BTW after reading my reply, lets talk on Discord!

Brie Larson has no charisma and no acting skills, I'm baffled that this is the character that's supposed to lead the MCU from now on.

Give me Wanda over her any day, all day, plus we still have Thor and Hulk around, it should be THEM who lead the MCU.

But hey, girl power amirite ?

Full agreement on Larson's acting. Though in movies prior to Marvel like Skull Island and Room she wasn't bad at all.

Wanda was pretty much stronger than Thanos in this movie. Without the Infinity Gauntlet, Thanos is inferior in power to Scarlet Witch.

I want to see a Hulk and She Hulk movie of them together! I think Mark Ruffalo and Chris Hemsworth are on hiatus or set to depart despite their characters surviving but it'd be awesome to see them again down the line.

I hope that scene of Cap Marvel and the Marvel women is the closest thing they ever get to a girl power girl only feature like A-Force.

I liked it, but also felt it was mostly there as a love letter to all the MCU films, could have been better, and I honestly wanted more action/fight scenes, we never really got any fight until the 3d act.

I love that its a look back at Phases 1 and 2 of the MCU. And yeah, more fights would have been welcome. Thank GOD that final epic spectacle of a battlefield was glorious.

Nebula was good, Scott was great.

Yup! Scott feels like the everyman out of all the characters here. I love Ant-Man and I know now that an Ant-Man 3 is coming. Stature will surely be introduced!

They should remain dead, I was more devastated that none of the deaths in this film were actually provoked by Thanos, I wanted Thanos to kill many, or at least someone, but he didn't, the deaths were indirectly, not by his own hand.

Sorry man, I wish Vision and Natasha were alive. Vision will certainly come back since there is a WandaVision series set to feature in Disney+ but Black Widow... F**ck man, that was so... NO! NO! NO! NO! I wanted a Black Widow movie but not anymore if she's dead and gone. Prequels suck ass.

They want to push Cap Marvel so much they eliminated her only possible competition which is the starpower of ScarJo! DAMMIT! I know you don't like her as much but she cannot be denied her screen presence.

Tony would have never helped them if time needed to go back, I am glad they didn't erase anything, though I believe it will be a bit of a problem going forward, because now the MCU is set on 2023.

Not really. I think now time won't really be much of a problem if they don't focus on it so much.

Honestly, it was more organic if the shield was given to Bucky and that final talk was with Bucky instead of Sam, the emotional impact would have been bigger IMO.

Bucky already had a lot of time with Cap. Best friends and all. But Falcon was more his protege/sidekick. In the MCU Cap and Bucky were more or less equals.

Simply the best spectacle put to screen, ever.

Btw, we'll have another mind blowing spectacle on screen in a few minutes, on Winterfell, what a great weekend.

===========================================================================

Also, what did you think of Thor in this movie ?

The legion of superheroes and Giant-Man rushing in... just extraordinary. Though no Hulk was a letdown!

Battle of Winterfell will make this day a memorable one. Saw Endgame and GoT S8 E3 on the same day! Effin beautiful

Thor going far was... undesirable. He kinda looked like Ultimate Odin. Asgard sucks in the MCU.

#1485 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16369 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: I'm good bro, let's talk on Discord then :)

#1487 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5233 posts) - - Show Bio
#1488 Edited by ZariusII (5777 posts) - - Show Bio
#1489 Posted by ursaber (10173 posts) - - Show Bio
#1490 Posted by ZariusII (5777 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber What are your expectations for Detective Pikachu?

#1491 Posted by ursaber (10173 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii: Pikachu looks awesome though, especially the latest trailer with the Pika Pi part when he cowered against Charizard. Looks hilarious!

#1494 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man not getting there in sales, lol.

#1495 Edited by ZariusII (5777 posts) - - Show Bio

@helloman Ah, so you basically are just admitting to trolling then.

#1496 Posted by levelzap (8 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

made some art

#1500 Posted by ursaber (10173 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.