Spider-Man Fans, Casual Discussion

#1 Edited by ursaber (7624 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider Man fans discuss more than just their favorite web swinging superhero to encompass a variety of casual discussions of any kind, including MORE Spider Man and whatnot.

No Caption Provided

#3 Edited by amazingfantasy (2497 posts) - - Show Bio

Great! Welcome everyone

#4 Posted by Eto (4883 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome

#5 Edited by amazingfantasy (2497 posts) - - Show Bio

To start things up, earlier today I read... Archie vs Sharknado! ... Umm, yeah. LOL

No Caption Provided

Much like Sharknado by itself, it's as ridiculous as you'd expect lmao Buuut it's a fun little read ;) Good for passing time

Avatar image for scott_summers52
#6 Edited by scott_summers52 (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

How about a rule not to talk about how much we all hate Slott/Legacy/SJW Marvel. If you want to do that, you can go over to the Spider-Man Comics Discussion. This thread should be more laid back and casual, an escape for those of us who get a headache looking at how much Marvel has ruined everything.

#7 Posted by amazingfantasy (2497 posts) - - Show Bio

How about a rule not to talk about how much we all hate Slott/Legacy/SJW Marvel. If you want to do that, you can go over to the Spider-Man Comics Discussion. This thread should be more laid back and casual, an escape for those of us who get a headache looking at how much Marvel has ruined everything.

Well I think it was more or less implied, but yeah I support this idea. This is a chill thread, everyone!

#8 Posted by Eto (4883 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by ursaber (7624 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Superhero24 (4605 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman ftw. My favorite villain of his is Carnage. I love the crazines of him. I think Carnage as a movie villain would be sick if done correctly.

#11 Posted by scott_summers52 (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: I haven't. If you don't mind me asking, what's it about?

#12 Edited by amazingfantasy (2497 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: No, tbh I rarely watch TV Shows... What's it about? I'm thinking on watching Riverdale but it's on the CW, there's a decent chance of it being a little too "teen drama" to my taste lol :p

#13 Posted by ursaber (7624 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: No, tbh I rarely watch TV Shows... What's it about? I'm thinking on watching Riverdale but it's on the CW, there's a decent chance of it being a little too "teen drama" to my taste lol :p

Preacher is an adapted comic book into a TV series by AMC (walking dead). It follows the titular Preacher called Jessie Custer in Texas where all manner of supernatural stuff is present, even a vampire who happens to be his friend. Jessie becomes possessed or rather houses a half Angel half Demon spirit called Genesis and in turn Jessie has a power called the Word of God, wherein he can command anyone to obey him so long as the people understand him and his language.

Here's a small synopsis from the comics:

Preacher tells the story of Jesse Custer, a preacher in the small Texas town of Annville. Custer is accidentally possessed by the supernatural creature named Genesis, the infant of the unauthorized, unnatural coupling of an angel and a demon. The incident flattens Custer's church and kills his entire congregation.

Genesis has no sense of individual will, but since it is composed of both pure goodness and pure evil, its power might rival that of God Himself, making Jesse Custer, bonded to Genesis, potentially the most powerful being in the universe.

Driven by a strong sense of right and wrong, Custer journeys across the United States attempting to literally find God, who abandoned Heaven the moment Genesis was born. He also begins to discover the truth about his new powers. They allow him, when he wills it, to command the obedience of those who hear and comprehend his words. He is joined by his old girlfriend Tulip O'Hare, as well as a hard-drinking Irish vampire named Cassidy.

During the course of their journeys, the three encounter enemies and obstacles both sacred and profane, including The Saint of Killers, an invincible, quick-drawing, perfect-aiming, come-lately Angel of Death answering only to "He who sits on the throne"; a disfigured suicide attempt survivor turned rock-star named Arseface; a serial-killer called the 'Reaver-Cleaver'; The Grail, a secret organization controlling the governments of the world and protecting the bloodline of Jesus; Herr Starr, ostensible Allfather of the Grail, a megalomaniac with a penchant for prostitutes, who wishes to use Custer for his own ends; several fallen angels; and Jesse's own redneck'family' — particularly his nasty Cajun grandmother, her mighty bodyguard Jody, and the 'animal-loving' T.C.

#14 Posted by scott_summers52 (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@scott_summers52 said:

@amazingfantasy said:

Preacher is an adapted comic book into a TV series by AMC (walking dead). It follows the titular Preacher called Jessie Custer in Texas where all manner of supernatural stuff is present, even a vampire who happens to be his friend. Jessie becomes possessed or rather houses a half Angel half Demon spirit called Genesis and in turn Jessie has a power called the Word of God, wherein he can command anyone to obey him so long as the people understand him and his language.

Here's a small synopsis from the comics:

Preacher tells the story of Jesse Custer, a preacher in the small Texas town of Annville. Custer is accidentally possessed by the supernatural creature named Genesis, the infant of the unauthorized, unnatural coupling of an angel and a demon. The incident flattens Custer's church and kills his entire congregation.

Genesis has no sense of individual will, but since it is composed of both pure goodness and pure evil, its power might rival that of God Himself, making Jesse Custer, bonded to Genesis, potentially the most powerful being in the universe.

Driven by a strong sense of right and wrong, Custer journeys across the United States attempting to literally find God, who abandoned Heaven the moment Genesis was born. He also begins to discover the truth about his new powers. They allow him, when he wills it, to command the obedience of those who hear and comprehend his words. He is joined by his old girlfriend Tulip O'Hare, as well as a hard-drinking Irish vampire named Cassidy.

During the course of their journeys, the three encounter enemies and obstacles both sacred and profane, including The Saint of Killers, an invincible, quick-drawing, perfect-aiming, come-lately Angel of Death answering only to "He who sits on the throne"; a disfigured suicide attempt survivor turned rock-star named Arseface; a serial-killer called the 'Reaver-Cleaver'; The Grail, a secret organization controlling the governments of the world and protecting the bloodline of Jesus; Herr Starr, ostensible Allfather of the Grail, a megalomaniac with a penchant for prostitutes, who wishes to use Custer for his own ends; several fallen angels; and Jesse's own redneck'family' — particularly his nasty Cajun grandmother, her mighty bodyguard Jody, and the 'animal-loving' T.C.

Sounds interesting. Is the comic worth reading? (Assuming you've read it)

#15 Posted by ursaber (7624 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't read it. In fact I've only just watched the first episode and I'm hooked.

#16 Posted by scott_summers52 (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@scott_summers52 said:

Haven't read it. In fact I've only just watched the first episode and I'm hooked.

Ha. Well, it looks like a good show.

#17 Posted by magnetic_eye (1739 posts) - - Show Bio

Listening to two of my favorite PORCUPINE TREE albums.

"In Absentia"

No Caption Provided

"Deadwing"

No Caption Provided

#18 Edited by ursaber (7624 posts) - - Show Bio

@magnetic_eye: Cool. Maybe I'll check them out myself though I'm more of a rocker. Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Skillet, Within Temptation, etc. That sort of thing. The bald guy looks like Patrick Stewart from Logan.

#19 Edited by ZariusII (4295 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Who's finale was just ok...I had a bit of an issue with how they left things with Nardole, even if the speeches earlier kind of did paint it as a hopeless situation that could only be remedied by the characters doing what they could.

Does anybody watch the show besides me? What do you think of Steven Moffat's departure this year? How would you rate him as a showrunner?

#20 Edited by jb681131 (2822 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll pop-in and focuse back on Spider-Man. What are the 3 to 5 tpp/arc/stories to read on the spider ? I know the reading order but I am not sure on what si really great comics.

Here is what I've read so far:

• The Very Best of Spider-Man
    • Amazin Fantasy #15 - first Siper-Man appearance
    • If this be my destiny... The Final Chapter - Amazing Spider-Man #33
    • Spider-Man no more - Amazing Spider-Man #50
    • The Kid Who Collects Spiderman - Amazing Spider-Man #248
    • Whatever Happened to Crusher Hogan? - Amazing Spider-Man #271
    • The Sand and the Fury - Amazing Spider-Man #317
    • Fathers and Sins - Amazing Spider-Man #365
    • The Osborn Legacy - Spectacular Spider-Man #189
  • Spider-Man: Wizard Masterpiece Edition
    • Nothing Stops the Juggernaut - Amazing Spider-Man #229-230
    • Hyde in Plain Sight (aka Hyde & Seek) - Amazing Spider-Man #231-232
    • The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man - Amazing Spider-Man #248
    • Venom Strikes Back - Amazing Spider-Man #315-317
    • The Death of Jean DeWolff - Spectacular Spider-Man #107-110
  • Spiderman: Blue
    • Spider-Man: Blue - Spider-Man Blue #1-5

Here is what I'm planning on reading:

• Spider-Man epic collection: Kraven's Last Hunt
    • The Hobgoblin Revealed! - Amazing Spider-Man #289
    • The Big Question - Amazing Spider-Man #290-292
    • Kraven's Last Hunt - Spectacular Spider-Man #131-132, Amazing Spider-Man #293-294, Web of Spider-Man #31-32
    • The Wedding - Amazing Spider-Man Annual #20-21
    • Spider-Man vs. Wolverine - Web of Spider-Man #29-30, Spider-Man Versus Wolverine
  • Ultimate Spider-Man: Death of Spider-Man
    • Death of Spider-Man - Ultimate Spider-Man #156-160

Are those good choices ?

#21 Posted by ZariusII (4295 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by jb681131 (2822 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii: Thank you

Any one think I'm missing other important stories ?

#23 Edited by ZariusII (4295 posts) - - Show Bio

@jb681131 Try searching out Hobgoblin Lives, a sequel/retcon of Hobgoblin Revealed

Also

-Soul of the Hunter [sequel to Kraven's Last Hunt]

-Obituary for an Octopus [third issue of Spider-Man Unlimited]

-Best of Enemies [Two Hundredth issue of Spectacular Spider-Man]

-The Real Clone Saga [A more simplified rewrite of the Nineties Clone Saga...also sort of serves as a Spider-Man series finale]

#24 Edited by amazingfantasy (2497 posts) - - Show Bio

@jb681131: These are all good picks, yeah.
I don't know about your budget, how easy it is to get access to those etc but seems you're getting it all in trade, so aside from those already mentioned here's what I got for other stories:

- The Night Gwen Stacy Died (Spider-Man: Death of Stacys trade works too, perhaps even better because it contains the death of Cap. Stacy as well)
- Marvel Knights: Spider-Man #01-12 (3 separate arcs, but it's all a mega-arc. I believe there's a trade that contains it all)
- Spider-Man/Human Torch
- Coming Home
- Back in Black
- Big Time
- Spider-Island

These are all considered great Spidey stories and should all be pretty easy to get in trade too. If you need specific issue numbers for these lemme know.

#25 Posted by ZariusII (4295 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't personally recommend Big Time or Spider-Island because they require knowledge of an alternate history to read them, not to mention people still act out of character in them regardless of the fan service.

But that's just me and my dislike for the Mephistoverse in general.

#26 Posted by ursaber (7624 posts) - - Show Bio

@jb681131:

Correction, the entire Wedding issue is just in ASM Annual 21 and the honeymoon is on Spectacular Annual 7.

Another must read is a personal great story of mine that spans from Spectacular Spider Man 134 -136. Its really good, mature, Peter and MJ are great together and focuses on the return of the Sin-Eater and his redemption from killing Jean DeWolf as well as Spidey overcoming some trials rooted in his motivation.

Back in Black is also a must read.

#27 Posted by amazingfantasy (2497 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii: Their first chapters are both pretty good jumping on points actually, I'd say the majority of stories that he already read and that were recommended would be harder to get into. The rest is your opinion so nothing to say there, but they do have good rep and are usually in lists of greatest Spidey stories so I threw them in.

#28 Posted by ZariusII (4295 posts) - - Show Bio

@amazingfantasy Oh I enjoy bits of Spider-Island a bit, it's just I feel dirty endorsing the current status quo, I'd sooner recommend RYV from that era as a jumping-on point considering the current ongoing

#29 Edited by MarvelMan92 (4515 posts) - - Show Bio

So, Who Here Has Read Spider-Man: One Small Break or Spider-Man: The Thousand?

#30 Posted by jb681131 (2822 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: @zariusii: Thanks for you suggestion, but it's not real clear on what should really be read.

And nothing worth reading with Venom ?

#31 Edited by scott_summers52 (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

@jb681131: I enjoyed the first appearance of Venom in ASM #300, but after that the character becomes overused in the 90s. Maximum Carnage is all over the place, but you could read it if you like.

#32 Posted by ursaber (7624 posts) - - Show Bio

@jb681131: I enjoyed the first appearance of Venom in ASM #600, but after that the character becomes overused in the 90s. Maximum Carnage is all over the place, but you could read it if you like.

Don't you mean ASM 300?

#33 Edited by ursaber (7624 posts) - - Show Bio

@jb681131 said:

@ursaber: @zariusii: Thanks for you suggestion, but it's not real clear on what should really be read.

And nothing worth reading with Venom ?

There was the time Spider Man sought Venom out to help him against Carnage. Though you can also read Venom 150 and 151 the latest to come out and both are very good. That is a must read. And my previous suggestions as well.

1. Spectacular Spider Man 134 - 136 Rise of the Sin Eater
  2. ASM Back in Black (after Civil War)
#34 Posted by scott_summers52 (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@scott_summers52 said:

@jb681131: I enjoyed the first appearance of Venom in ASM #600, but after that the character becomes overused in the 90s. Maximum Carnage is all over the place, but you could read it if you like.

Don't you mean ASM 300?

Sorry, that's what I meant. I'll fix that.

#35 Edited by Eto (4883 posts) - - Show Bio

No I tried Preacher, but didn't like it after 2 eps

#36 Posted by ursaber (7624 posts) - - Show Bio

@eto said:

No I tried Preacher, but didn't like it after 2 eps

Sorry to hear that. What about American Gods?

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#37 Posted by blackspidey2099 (4328 posts) - - Show Bio

@amazingfantasy: I actually watched the whole season of Riverdale, and I really enjoyed it. There's actually very little teen drama and more murder mystery, surprisingly enough.

#38 Posted by amazingfantasy (2497 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackspidey2099: I see, thanks for the 2cents. I'll be sure to give it a try then.

#39 Posted by MarvelMan92 (4515 posts) - - Show Bio

I Really Like Preacher. The Show Is Actually Really Crazy Not Just In Terms Of Action, But The People There Actually Shows More Of The Series' Oddness. Most Are Weirdos, Most Are Gun Ho Crazy, Most Are Freaks, Most Are Morally Questioned, Most Seem Pretty Intimidating When You Try To Get To Know Them, And Most Just Think Of The Craziest Methods. There Are Alot Of Things That Make The Series Crazy, But, The Craziness Actually Fits The Show Pretty Well. Especially Since It Was Actually Adapted by Garth Ennis.

I Really Love Dominic Cooper As Jesse Custer, Ruth Negga As Tulip O'Hare, And Rupert Gilgun As Cassady. While Both Ruth And Rupert Give Us Such Brilliant Performances With Their Insane And Morally Question Characters, Dominic Cooper Gives Us A More Outstanding Performance As The Struggling Preacher Making His Character More Relatable As Episodes Go By.

All And All, The Series Is Insanely Good With Crazy Characters And Atmosphere Of The Series' Universe. The Action Is Insanely Brilliant And The Performances Are Top Notch. I Highly Recommend You Guys Go Check This Series Out.

Right Now, Season 2 Premiered Like Last Week With Only Two Episodes. Episode Will Come Out On Mondays At 9:00PM. So, Don't Miss It If You Are Interested In Watching It ;)

#40 Posted by MarvelMan92 (4515 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, I've Got Two Questions From You Guys?

1) Which Creative Teams Do You Want To Work On Each Spider-Man Series? The Reason I Say Each Is Because Spidey Deserves More Than Two Series Plus A Team Up Series. But, With People Who Are Passionate, Loving, Caring, And Understanding Of The Character And His Mythos. I Mean, The Character Really Deserves This After All The Treatment He's Received Since OMD And Superior.

So, Who Do You Guys Actually Want To See Handle Spidey?

2) Are Anyone Here Anime/Manga Fans? Because I'd Really Like To Discuss Things On Some Animes, Upcoming Animes, Chapters Of Some Mangas, Subs, Dubs, Etc. Anything Would Actually Be Good.

#41 Posted by scott_summers52 (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh hey, I've read both of those. Decent Spider-Man stories, nothing ground-breaking, but entertaining.

#42 Edited by amazingfantasy (2497 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelman92: I'd have to give that first question a deeper thought, so I'll leave it for later. As for the second, I don't follow the 'animeverse' closely but I am a fan, I like plenty of anime/mangas (In fact, I used to read manga much before I got into comics). Mostly the famous ones that everybody knows but still. :p

#43 Posted by MarvelMan92 (4515 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelman92 said:

Oh hey, I've read both of those. Decent Spider-Man stories, nothing ground-breaking, but entertaining.

I Thought They Were Great. One Small Break Was Actually A Really Good Story Featuring An Interesting Villain With A Motive That Is Pretty Sympathetic And Sad For Both Him And Peter. The Villain Had This Sweet Abilities Of Having To Mimic Every Heroes' Abilities. Though His Abilities Backfired, He Always Does Try To Become A Threat On Spidey's Villain Otto Octavious. Though, That Confrontation With The Guy Backfired Heavily As Well. The Guy Has Proved To Become A Very Compelling Villain For The Character. Though, Eversince His Appearance In Thor, We Never Saw Him Again. Hopefully He'll Show Up Someday For Whatever They Actually Have In Store For The Guy.

The Thousand Is A Pretty Interesting Story Relating To Peter's Past Life With A Bully Name Carl King Who Is Actually Very Much Worse Than Flash. Like Flash, He Has Been Interested In Spidey. However, Unlike Flash, Carl Knew Peter Was Spider-Man Since The Beginning And Has Wanted To Get A Hold Of His Powers. Luckily For Him He Has Formed The Spider That Bit Peter. Despite It Being Dead, Carl Has Been Able To Get Powers Of His Own. However, The Powers He Received Are Sadly Catastrophic To His Body Unlike Peter Making Him More Into A Freak. The Story Is Very Much Like A Horror Story With A Sociopath Stealing Bodies And Trying To Take Peter's Even Taking Some Of The People Closest Two Him(Just Some No Names, Really). The Story Is Also Very Satisfying When It Deals With A Sociopathic Bully Who Tormented You For So Long Getting The Comupance He Deserved For So Long. Peter Parker Is Also Written Incredibly Well Which Is Saying Something Since It's Actually Been Written By Garth Ennis. The Story Was A Nice Interesting Horror Story Inspired Tale That Featured A Tormentor That You've Actually Been Dealing With For So Long Finally Getting Everything He Deserved Especially With How The Guy Actually Is.

These Stories IMO Hold Up Actually Pretty Well. While The Thousand Won't Be Coming Back, I Sure Hope That Fusion Will. I Also Really Hope That They Actually Make Some Good Peter Parker/Spider-Man Stories Rather Than Bland And Embarressing Ones That They Have Been Telling Us Recently. Really Hope We See Them Soon Hopefully After The Legacy Story Event.

#44 Posted by MarvelMan92 (4515 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelman92: I'd have to give that first question a deeper thought, so I'll leave it for later. As for the second, I don't follow the 'animeverse' closely but I am a fan, I like plenty of anime/mangas (In fact, I used to read manga much before I got into comics). Mostly the famous ones that everybody knows but still. :p

You Ever Read/Watch One Piece? Do You Have A Favorite Genre?

#45 Posted by scott_summers52 (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelman92: I enjoyed the Thousand more than One Small Break, but like I said, both entertaining.

Have you read the "Skin Deep" arc from ASM 515 to 518? A great story from the JMS run. I wish Marvel would bring back the new Molten Man introduced in those issues.

#46 Edited by MarvelMan92 (4515 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelman92: I enjoyed the Thousand more than One Small Break, but like I said, both entertaining.

Have you read the "Skin Deep" arc from ASM 515 to 518? A great story from the JMS run. I wish Marvel would bring back the new Molten Man introduced in those issues.

No. I Mean, I've Seen The Preview Of It. But, I Never Had The Chance To Fully Read The Issue. He Was The One Who Burned The Parker Family's House Down, Right? My God, That Guy Must've Been Pretty Amazing As A Villain Huh? Yeah, It'd Be Nice If That Guy Does Actually Come Back. Maybe That Guy Will Come After Legacy For A Little While And Play A Large Role With The Parker Family.

Also, What Do You Think Of The Villain, Tracer? I Thought He was A Pretty Interesting Villain. He Kept On Outsmarting Peter Even Figuring Out His Secret Identity. Though, I Don't Believe That Guy Would Come Back Anytime Soon, I Would Be Interested In Seeing What Else The Guy Would Do If They Actually Try Do Bring The Guy Back.

#47 Edited by amazingfantasy (2497 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelman92: No, never watched One Piece, despite being recommended to me like a thousand times lol. I have fully seen Naruto, Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist, D. Gray-Man (my personal favorite), Code Geass, etc. I casually watch(ed) others like Saint Seiya and its sequels/variants, Yu-Gi-Oh! and its sequels, Gintama, Rurouni Kenshin, Inuyasha, Busou Renkin, Hellsing, etc.

Great majority of those were all yeaars ago tho, I barely follow/watch/read these things nowadays, although I'm still a fan. It also helps that Japan and their products weren't infested by SJW culture lol

#48 Posted by MarvelMan92 (4515 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelman92: No, never watched One Piece, despite being recommended to me like a thousand times lol. I have fully seen Naruto, Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist, D. Gray-Man (my personal favorite), Code Geass, etc. I casually watch(ed) others like Saint Seiya and its sequels/variants, Yu-Gi-Oh! and its sequels, Gintama, Rurouni Kenshin, Inuyasha, Busou Renkin, Hellsing, etc.

Great majority of those were all yeaars ago tho, I barely follow/watch/read these things nowadays, although I'm still a fan. It also helps that Japan and their products weren't infested by SJW culture lol

Well One Piece Is A Really Brilliant Series. It's Actually A Personal Favorite Of Mine As Well. You Should Totally Check It Out Someday. It Has Alot Of Characters You'll Love And Villains You'll Really Hate. It's Exciting, Compelling, Fun, And Relatable. I Highly Recommend You Watch This Series. Though, It's Really Long, You Should Totally Have A Crack At Watching The Series.

As For The Other Animes You've Mentioned, I Really Love The Full Metal Alchemist Series And D Gray Man. I Love Bother Full Metal Alchemist And Brotherhood. But, I Love The First One More.

For Naruto And Bleach, I Like Naruto As Well As Shippuden But Bleach I Haven't Been Fond Of Since The First Or Second Half Of The Series.

Code Geass Is Another Anime I Love. They Also Released The OVAs Called Akito The Exiled. They're Really Good. They're Also Releasing Season 3 Sometime Maybe This Year As Well As A Reboot Of The Film Trilogy With Most Of The Stuff Intact But With Most Of The Lines Being Changed.

Rurouni Kenshin And Hellsing I Really Like As Well As Inuyasha. I Haven't Fully Watched Saint Seiya Nor Gintama, But, I Will Watch Them Someday.

I Also Really Love Shows Like Soul Eater, Tokyo Ghoul, Blood Blockade Battlefront, Ouran High School Host Club, Darker Than Black, Baccano, Dimension W, Black Butler, Attack On Titan, Tiger And Bunny, Space Dandy, Assassination Classroom, Overlord, Trigun, Barakamon, Handa-Kun, DanganRonpa 3 The Animation, And Sengoku Barasa. I Really Like The Dragon Ball Series As Well. It's Not My Favorite Series. But, It's Really Enjoyable.

Also, Which Do You Prefer? Sub Or Dub? Or Do You Really Like Both?

#49 Edited by amazingfantasy (2497 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelman92: I know, I've heard great things from One Piece. But quality isn't a concern, my main problem is on how long it is, I really don't feel like following all of that, especially from the start... But maybe one day. lol

Cool, cool. Bleach has indeed declined as it went on, I mostly followed it out of habit tbh LOL only a 5 mins chapter a week, no biggie. The ending tho, argh, that might have been the worst I ever saw...

Code Geass is awesome. Yeah I've heard about Akito years ago but was never really interested. Maybe I'll watch it once S3 is coming up, but I wished Lelouch stayed dead and peace had reigned, for me the ending was perfect. Ah, well.

Haven't watched like 95% of the ones you mentioned LOL. I really really liked DBverse when I was younger but eh nowadays it doesn't interest me anymore.

I definitely prefer sub. Mostly because dub in my country sucks LOL, but yeah. It's also how I'm used to, I've been watching subbed anime before I had two digits in my age. :p lol

#50 Posted by scott_summers52 (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

@scott_summers52 said:

No. I Mean, I've Seen The Preview Of It. But, I Never Had The Chance To Fully Read The Issue. He Was The One Who Burned The Parker Family's House Down, Right? My God, That Guy Must've Been Pretty Amazing As A Villain Huh? Yeah, It'd Be Nice If That Guy Does Actually Come Back. Maybe That Guy Will Come After Legacy For A Little While And Play A Large Role With The Parker Family.

Also, What Do You Think Of The Villain, Tracer? I Thought He was A Pretty Interesting Villain. He Kept On Outsmarting Peter Even Figuring Out His Secret Identity. Though, I Don't Believe That Guy Would Come Back Anytime Soon, I Would Be Interested In Seeing What Else The Guy Would Do If They Actually Try Do Bring The Guy Back.

Tracer has a lot of potential, but most writers at Marvel right now wouldn't give him a chance. I love villains who can challenge the protagonist at a mental level (not just physical) and push their minds to the limit. Tracer could be a villain like this if he had more exposure.

Going back to Skin Deep: the interesting thing about Charlie Weinerman, the second Molten Man, is that he was bullied in high school alongside Peter. So it's a spin on the classic Spider-Man origin: a "nerd" gets powers, but instead of using them for good like Peter, he kills the guys who bullied him in school. I also liked how he pursued Peter (who he blamed for making him the Molten Man) on an emotional level, really tormenting him to his limits. Such a better Molten Man than Mark Raxton.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.