Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man Comics Discussion

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#39252  Edited By ZariusII

@ursaber Looks like it

@animehunter

@quilsniv

@marvelman92

@blackspidey2099

@supermanthor

@mizerous

MARVEL's SDCC 2019 Schedule of Panels, Events & Signings

FRIDAY, JULY 19th

MARVEL COMICS: Spider-Man

1:30 – 2:30 PM, Room 5AB

Get caught in Spider-Man’s tangled web along with Executive Editor Nick Lowe, Assistant Editor Kathleen Wisneski, as well as writers Nick Spencer (Amazing Spider-Man), Seanan McGuire (Ghost-Spider), and Frank Tieri (Absolute Carnage vs. Deadpool, Absolute Carnage: Lethal Protectors) to find out what’s on the horizon for all of your wall-crawling favorites! Spider-Man’s mysterious new foe sets his plan into motion! Ghost-Spider joins the Marvel Universe! And New York experiences Absolute Carnage! PLUS – Don’t miss an exclusive giveaway variant comic of SPIDER-MAN: CITY AT WAR #5! The stunning rendering by Skan depicts an homage to the classic AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #3 cover by Steve Ditko! Cover image here.

Marvel Animation Celebrates Marvel’s 80th Anniversary

3:30 – 4:30 PM, Room 6A

Join Cort Lane (SVP, Animation and Family Entertainment), Kalia Ramirez (Director, Family Entertainment – Development & Partnerships), writers Mark Hoffmeier (Spider-Man: The Animated Series) and Marty Isenberg (X-Men: The Animated Series), and fan-favorite voice actors Josh Keaton (Spectacular Spider-Man, Marvel’s Avengers Assemble) and Jennifer Hale (Wolverine & the X-Men, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy) as they take a journey through highlights of over five decades of Marvel cartoons. Including behind-the-scenes dish on the making of classic shows, a run-down of all ten of Spider-Man’s series, and a 10th anniversary retrospective of Marvel’s Animation division, this is a panel you don’t want to miss! Plus a special in-memoriam look at Stan Lee’s greatest animation moments.

MARVEL COMICS: Next Big Thing

1:45 – 2:45 PM, Room 6A

Legendary writer Jonathan Hickman is joined by Editor in Chief C.B. Cebulski and other Mighty Marvel Guests to bring you all the latest and greatest news straight from the House of Ideas! Learn what comes next for the X-Men after the senses-shattering revelations of the House of X and Powers of X!! Plus, stick around for a few things we can’t even hint at yet!

MARVEL COMICS: Marvel Fanfare with C.B. Cebulski

3:00 – 4:00 PM, Room 6A

This is your chance to meet the head of editorial at Marvel! In an exclusive and intimate panel experience, Editor in Chief C.B. Cebulski, along with superstar talents including Rob Liefeld and Skottie Young, will talk about anything and everything involved with Marvel Comics. What secrets are held in the House of X? Can Venom prove himself a true hero in Absolute Carnage? When is Dazzler’s next album coming out? What were C.B., Rob and Skottie’s favorite Marvel characters as kids, and how do they feel about those characters now? Ask these questions and more in the Q&A! PLUS – Don’t miss an exclusive giveaway variant of SILVER SURFER BLACK #2, Giuseppe Camuncoli’s take on Carnage soaring the spaceways on Silver Surfer’s board! Cover image here.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Avatar image for infantfinite128
    infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: What is your favorite team up and if you could have any team up series with Spider-man, who would you choose?

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: What is your favorite team up and if you could have any team up series with Spider-man, who would you choose?

That's tough

I like

• Spidey Daredevil
    • Spidey Torch
    • Spidey Wolverine
    • Spidey Hulk

I think Spidey and Hulk have a lot in common with both being radioactively mutated superhumans in constant persecution by an old man with a beard and having pain staking balance between the superpower and the civilian.

I want to see Spidey and Spider-Woman, Spidey and Sue Storm

infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Thanks. I think a team up with Sue would help Peter mature.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Thanks. I think a team up with Sue would help Peter mature.

Peter is already mature. He just isn't being written like that by poor writers who don't realize that.

A team up with every member of the F4 individually would be cool as well as select Avengers like Black Panther, Vision and Scarlet Witch.

As for mutant characters, Iceman and Firestar are no brainers. Nightcrawler, Rogue and Hope Summers would also be good.

infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: I should have said become wiser rather than mature. Thanks for the correction.

I'm surprised you didn't jump right on with a Vision team up since he's one of your favorites, but perhaps you were being more objective in what would make a better story.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: I should have said become wiser rather than mature. Thanks for the correction.

I'm surprised you didn't jump right on with a Vision team up since he's one of your favorites, but perhaps you were being more objective in what would make a better story.

Pairing Spider-Man with other heroes won't exactly make him smarter or wiser or whatnot. I just mentioned the Sue Storm team up because she's my favorite F4 and I'd like to see her and Peter team up just the two, maybe with Franklin and Valeria along the way.

As for Vision, they would make a solid duo but I was thinking more along the lines of characters that have the most chemistry with Spider-Man himself.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ursaber: What the hell, number 1 does not deserve that spot, not even close unless Far Frome Home is the Dark Knight of the Spider-Man movies.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: What the hell, number 1 does not deserve that spot, not even close unless Far Frome Home is the Dark Knight of the Spider-Man movies.

which likely isn't lol

but yeah, fully agreed

it only got the top spot because of the over hyped popularity of MCU Spider-Man AKA Iron Boy

I would have put Yuri Lowenthal and Josh Keaton and Christopher Daniel Barnes over Tobey and Tom.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39264  Edited By ursaber
    Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally got unbanned :)

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hoorah

welcome back

looking forward to extensive discussions

last issue of ASM, Centidemon was officially named Kindred

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @thor_parker82 said:

which likely isn't lol

but yeah, fully agreed

it only got the top spot because of the over hyped popularity of MCU Spider-Man AKA Iron Boy

I would have put Yuri Lowenthal and Josh Keaton and Christopher Daniel Barnes over Tobey and Tom.

That should be his name lol.

I keep reading that the movie was amazing though, so let's hope it is indeed.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @thor_parker82 said:

which likely isn't lol

but yeah, fully agreed

That should be his name lol.

I keep reading that the movie was amazing though, so let's hope it is indeed.

I keep reading that Mysterios is cool and awesome

I have heard that MJ and Fury are somewhat dickish, condescending like

though from others I hear Peter and MJ are decent

unfortunately one thing I noticed about this movie is that it has the same plot as Homecoming, Peter once again having the internal conflict over what he wants to do and being Spider-Man, trying to get the love interest to like him all the while having a supervillain obsessed over Stark tech

star tech plays too much of a macguffin role in MCU Spider-Man

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:

hoorah

welcome back

Thanks! And yeah, I've been reading ASM so I was aware. What are the latest theories around here regarding who he is/his origins/whatever?

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:

hoorah

welcome back

Thanks! And yeah, I've been reading ASM so I was aware. What are the latest theories around here regarding who he is/his origins/whatever?

The Mephisto servant is still ongoing but were now looking at other possibilities.

It could be possible that the Kindred has ties to the Spider-Totems and that area of spider supernatural

he has an unnerving knowledge of Peter and Spider-Man so its hard to say if he's some kind of new mind reader or is an obscure character from Spider-Man's past

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter

@ursaber

@marvelman92

@blackspidey2099

So according to the final issue of the current Ghost-Spider volume, Peter has a job again and it's with ESU, as opposed to just attending a class there. Strange to think this occurred off-panel and not even brought up in Spencer's ASM.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter

@ursaber

@marvelman92

@blackspidey2099

@mizerous

@supermanthor

@quilsniv

House Of X Tops Advance Reorders

Greetings from the coal face of the direct comics market. Where retailers try to increase their orders of certain comics ahead of sale. Where supply and demand and most accurately reflected, where you can see which books are hot, where new orders are coming in and how retailers are reacting to new, unanticipated desire! And courtesy of stats from Diamond Comic Distributors. House of X #1 has topped the advance retailer charts. Well, Joe Quesada certainly thinks it’s deserved…

JoeQuesada✔@JoeQuesada

I just read House of X #1 before it headed out to the printer today and it's hands down the most revolutionary take on the world of mutants since Grant Morrison's run. I'm still trying to process how incredible this book is and how it will change everything in the MU.

7344:44 PM - Jul 3, 2019Twitter Ads info and privacy

But there’s also strong performances from Batman books Curse Of The White Knight and Last Knight On Earth, while Canto has certainly caught people’s attention.

TOP 25 ADVANCE REORDER COMICS/GRAPHIC NOVELS/TPS

DESCRIPTIONSRPVENDOR
    HOUSE OF X #1 (OF 6)$5.99MARVEL COMICS
    MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS #6 2ND PTG FRIGERI VAR$4.99MARVEL COMICS
    BATMAN LAST KNIGHT ON EARTH #2 (OF 3)$5.99DC COMICS
    BATMAN CURSE OF THE WHITE KNIGHT #1 (OF 8)$4.99DC COMICS
    BATMAN LAST KNIGHT ON EARTH #2 (OF 3) VAR ED$5.99DC COMICS
    WEB OF VENOM FUNERAL PYRE #1$4.99MARVEL COMICS
    HISTORY OF MARVEL UNIVERSE #1 (OF 6)$4.99MARVEL COMICS
    VALKYRIE JANE FOSTER #1$3.99MARVEL COMICS
    HOUSE OF X #1 (OF 6) BROOKS CONNECTING VAR$5.99MARVEL COMICS
    CAPTAIN AMERICA #12 GUICE CARNAGE-IZED VAR$3.99MARVEL COMICS
    BATMAN CURSE OF THE WHITE KNIGHT #1 (OF 8) VAR ED$4.99DC COMICS
    CANTO #2 (OF 6) CVR A ZUCKER$3.99IDW PUBLISHING
    CANTO #1 (OF 6) 2ND PTG$3.99IDW PUBLISHING
    HOUSE OF X #1 (OF 6) HUDDLESTON VAR$5.99MARVEL COMICS
    SPIDER-MAN LIFE STORY #1 (OF 6) 3RD PTG ZDARSKY VAR$4.99MARVEL COMICS
    SWORD MASTER #1$3.99MARVEL COMICS
    SPAWN #298 2ND PTG$2.99IMAGE COMICS
    GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #7$3.99MARVEL COMICS
    SPIDER-MAN LIFE STORY #2 (OF 6) 3RD PTG ZDARSKY VAR$4.99MARVEL COMICS
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #26$3.99MARVEL COMICS
    MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS #6 2ND PTG SIQUEIRA DAUGHTER RATIO VA$4.99MARVEL COMICS
    MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #41 FOC MORA VAR (C: 1-0-0)$3.99BOOM ENTERTAINMENT
    HOUSE OF X #1 (OF 6) NOTO VAR$5.99MARVEL COMICS
    HOUSE OF X #1 (OF 6) BLANK VAR$5.99MARVEL COMICS
    FLASH #75 YOTV THE OFFER$4.99DC COMIC
    ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

@animehunter

@ursaber

@marvelman92

@blackspidey2099

So according to the final issue of the current Ghost-Spider volume, Peter has a job again and it's with ESU, as opposed to just attending a class there. Strange to think this occurred off-panel and not even brought up in Spencer's ASM.

That sounds plausible. Maybe it happened off screen in ASM. Maybe Peter took over Connors' job while he dealt with his Lizard problem. Connors needs a Professor Hulk treatment wherein he becomes Professor Lizard.

But working at ESU as a sort of scientist or instructor would be akin to how Peter earned a living in the continuity where Baby May was born as shown in the Amazing Spider-Man Family comic.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter

@ursaber (hmm, could be on to something there...now we have to figure out what kind of job MJ's going to have and how it affects her big decision that rocks Peter's world in September)

@marvelman92

The ASM daily strip is steadily getting closer to the defeat of Mysterio in the reprint storyline now that Far From Home is out, so we should know in a few weeks if we'll get another rerun or if there's new material coming like they promised.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

@ursaber (hmm, could be on to something there...now we have to figure out what kind of job MJ's going to have and how it affects her big decision that rocks Peter's world in September)

Wasn't MJ's big decision going to be in ASM 25 that releases next week?

In September it was the release of the JJ Abrams comic after MJ makes her decision, or do I have it wrong?

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii:

I think that it could possibly be just the timeline of issues being a bit off and this takes place after whenever Peter takes the job. Remember Tony’s Motherboard AI? It made an appearance months before it actually was in Slott’s Iron Man book, back in May of last year in Aaron’s first Avenegrs issue. And all of Mr and Mrs X is supposedly taking place in between Thompson’s first Captain Marvel arc and Age of X-Man.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: Yeah, I noticed that. IIRC, Peter was also shown to have taken up Connors’ offer to be studying/working at ESU in both the issues of Unbeatable Squirrel Girl and Marvel Team-Up in which he appeared earlier this year. It’s a shame we didn’t see any of that in the main run, which I feel has been far too Spider-Man focused at the expense of Peter’s own life, ever since the Felicia storyline began.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: Gleason is amazing, I'd love if him and Ottley were the regulars in ASM, no one else.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter I like how Felicia brags about her relationship with Peter and then stands up for him a little when the hired help start teasing her over it, it's quite cute. Still not on board with how willing she is to use these people as henchmen or trying to undo all the hard work into redeeming herself with these heists though. I feel there's a major disconnect between what Spencer's done and what this writer is doing.

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

@animehunter I like how Felicia brags about her relationship with Peter and then stands up for him a little when the hired help start teasing her over it, it's quite cute. Still not on board with how willing she is to use these people as henchmen or trying to undo all the hard work into redeeming herself with these heists though. I feel there's a major disconnect between what Spencer's done and what this writer is doing.

I'm not really sure how the dynamic between Felicia, Black Fox and the two hench guys is working out. My original thought is that they're on loan to Felicia through Black Fox and they're accepting her lead for now, but I could be wrong.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: she looks like she has a cat burglar mask

is this independent artwork or for a variant cover? if variant, for which book?

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber Dodson usually does Black Cat variants, it could be that MJ is guest-starring in an issue.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

@zariusii: she looks like she has a cat burglar mask

is this independent artwork or for a variant cover? if variant, for which book?

Would Really Love It Of It Were A Mary Jane Ongoing Series.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39293  Edited By animehunter
    ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter I love Doctor Who, and I love MJ, what a hearty combination if I can trust BC's description of what she acts like in this story. What what they meant by her future? This is probably where she makes that big decision.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

@animehunter I love Doctor Who, and I love MJ, what a hearty combination if I can trust BC's description of what she acts like in this story. What what they meant by her future? This is probably where she makes that big decision.

I believe so.

MJ getting flak from one of her "girlfriends" will really bring out her angry side. I liked MJ when she was in theater, it was like, a mature step from modeling and "acting" (she didn't do so good in the actress department as she was always used more like a sex doll and eyecandy rather than her talent).

Is Female Doctor Who any good?

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39298  Edited By ZariusII

@ursaber The current Doctor Who isn't bad, but it's a bit generic and preachy, and has split opinion heavily.

The New Years special with the Dalek was great though

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

@ursaber The current Doctor Who isn't bad, but it's a bit generic and preachy, and has split opinion heavily.

The New Years special with the Dalek was great though

How many seasons do the doctors last?

What was the Doctor and seasons who had Karen Gillen?

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39300  Edited By ZariusII

@ursaber 1. It depends on many factors. Here's the list

William Hartnell- Three full series and half of a fourth

Patrick Troughton- Three years

Jon Pertwee- Five years

Tom Baker- Seven years

Peter Davison- Three years

Colin Baker- Two years (he was fired)

Sylvestor McCoy-three years (he planned to stay for a fourth but the show was cancelled)

Paul McGann- One TV Movie, spent the next decade or so as an audio play-only Doctor.

John Hurt- One episode and a TV Special (mainly a guest character)

Christopher Eccelston-One year (quit due to dissatisfaction behind-the-scenes)

David Tennant-Five years (three full series, followed by TV specials spread across 2009 and 2010)

Matt Smith- Four years (three full series and two specials)

Peter Capaldi-Four years (three full series, there was no season in 2016 except for a special)

Jodie Whitaker- Current Doctor with one full year under her belt, another coming up

2. Karen Gillen was in three-and-a-half series of the show when Matt Smith was The Doctor, 2010 through to 2012.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.