Spider-Man Comics Discussion

#39101 Posted by ZariusII (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:

@zariusii:

So, Ben Reilly will be Spider-Man in the next two issues huh, or will the real Peter Parker make his return?

Edit: Did Gwen Clone die?

Gwen Clone isn't seen or even referenced

#39102 Posted by ursaber (10647 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:
@ursaber said:

@zariusii:

So, Ben Reilly will be Spider-Man in the next two issues huh, or will the real Peter Parker make his return?

Edit: Did Gwen Clone die?

Gwen Clone isn't seen or even referenced

Then, who was that Ben Reilly figure Ock kidnapped along with Peter?

Wasn't that the Ben Parker seen in Life Story 2 who married Gwen?

#39103 Posted by ZariusII (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber You have to remember not everything is covered on-page by Life Story

#39104 Posted by ursaber (10647 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

So Ben Reilly and the Ben Parker clone of Life Story 2 are different entities. Gotcha.

#39105 Posted by ZariusII (6141 posts) - - Show Bio
#39106 Posted by ursaber (10647 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

@ursaber I never said that

But I just read the issue and it didn't seem that Ben Reilly and the Life Story 2 Peter clones were the same person.

#39107 Posted by ursaber (10647 posts) - - Show Bio
#39108 Posted by animehunter (8860 posts) - - Show Bio
#39109 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16628 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:

-

A lot of good Spider-Man books came out today.

• ASM
  • A good FNSM issue
  • Symbiote Spider Man
  • Life Story
  • Superior

This is cause for discussion!

Awesome, I'm about to read #23.

#39110 Posted by QuilSniv (465 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@zariusii said:

So Ben Reilly and the Ben Parker clone of Life Story 2 are different entities. Gotcha.

It's the same person; clone Gwen just isn't mentioned. Like Zarius said, not everything is just handed to the reader through exposition; just the same as we don't know how Peter and Jessica Jones started hooking up, we aren't given a clear explanation of what exactly happened to Clone Gwen. It's up to us as the reader to make inferences based on what Zdarsky gives us.

#39111 Posted by ursaber (10647 posts) - - Show Bio

@quilsniv said:
@ursaber said:
@zariusii said:

It's the same person; clone Gwen just isn't mentioned. Like Zarius said, not everything is just handed to the reader through exposition; just the same as we don't know how Peter and Jessica Jones started hooking up, we aren't given a clear explanation of what exactly happened to Clone Gwen. It's up to us as the reader to make inferences based on what Zdarsky gives us.

I guess, but last we saw Clone Peter who ended with Clone Gwen and called himself Ben Parker as opposed to Reilly.

Could Ben Reilly and Ben Parker be two completely different clones... Considering there was Ben Reilly and Kaine in the 90's Clone Saga.

#39112 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5356 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@quilsniv said:
@ursaber said:
@zariusii said:

I guess, but last we saw Clone Peter who ended with Clone Gwen and called himself Ben Parker as opposed to Reilly.

Could Ben Reilly and Ben Parker be two completely different clones... Considering there was Ben Reilly and Kaine in the 90's Clone Saga.

Maybe Gwen Died In A Horrible Incident While Ben Was Still Spider-Man. A Villain He Pissed Off Maybe. Anyway, Really Loved How This Story Unfolded. Really Like This Take On Clone Saga And How Peter Retired His Life. Really Loved How It Ended. Hope To See How Their Relationship Grows Further. Also Really Like Norman Here. The Guy Was Always A Man Who Thought So Many Steps Ahead But, Since The Incident With Peter, It Kinda Broke Him. I Also Really Love Bailey's Take On Norman. He Looked So Creepy. Of They Ever Do Another Arc Relating To Norman, I'd Like To See Bagley Be A Part Of It. And As Much As People Always Talk About How Much Greater Threats Otto And Venom Are To Peter, Many Don't Give Norman As Much Credit. Really, The Guy Is Much Sicker Than Some People Thought.

#39113 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5356 posts) - - Show Bio
#39114 Posted by animehunter (8860 posts) - - Show Bio
#39116 Posted by animehunter (8860 posts) - - Show Bio
#39117 Posted by ZariusII (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter

@marvelman92

@ursaber

@quilsniv

@blackspidey2099

@mizerous

@supermanthor

Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 16th June 2019 – The Beancounters Who Laugh

Posted by Rich Johnston June 16, 2019 0 Comments

This is the Top Ten Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, as compiled by a number of comic stores from their sales on Wednesday and Thursday. It measures what are known as the “Wednesday Warriors”, those who can’t wait till the weekend to get this week’s comics. We salute you, and the keenness you bring to your passion.

The Batman Who Laughs continues to make the beancounters chuckle, Event Leviathanand Silver Surfer Black have started strong, Immortal Hulk continues to rise and people are noticing Life Story. And Walking Deadmakes it twice in two weeks with the same issue… a rare feat.

Top ten bestselling comics of the week

1. The Batman Who Laughs #6
  2. Event Leviathan #1
  3. Silver Surfer: Black 1
  4. Immortal Hulk #19
  5. Amazing Spider-Man #23
  6. Detective Comics #1005
  7. Spider-Man: Life Story #4
  8. Superman #12
  9. Walking Dead #192
  10. Venom #15

Thanks to the following retailers

Famous Faces & Funnies of West Melbourne, Florida.

Ssalefish Comics, Winston-Salem & Greensboro, North Carolina.

Graham Crackers Comics– 12 locations IL/WI/CA.

Rodman Comics, Ankeny, Iowa.

Comix Experience Outpost, San Francisco, California.

Collector’s Paradise Pasadena, California.

Comix Experience San Francisco, California.

Fat Jack’s Comicrypt, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Dr. No’s Comics & Games Superstore of Marietta, Georgia.

Who had this to say

The Weekly Bestseller list at FFF this week leads with a book that came out LAST week, with Walking Dead #192 taking the top spot once again. I’m a little surprised it’s still at the top, but I’m confident that we’ll see it on the Top Ten for a few more weeks to come. For books that did actually come out this week, Event Leviathan is starting strong. It’s weird that an event that was built up in a Superman book has more Batman action in it, but it was a solid read and I think it’ll hold its numbers well. Silver Surfer Black also had a strong start. Another book on it’s second week that outsold most new books was DCeased #2. People are loving the book and the gorgeous variant covers definitely help. Between three covers, DCeased #2 outsold the new Amazing Spider-Man by twelve issues. It even outsold Immortal Hulk which has been a strong seller since issue one.

—–

How many laughs does Batman laugh when the Batman Who Laughs laughs? Enough to lead sales and earn a 7th issue in late July, apparently. Listen- I’m scraping the bottom of the barrel here for title-related goofs, and I can’t not poke fun at it. I’d been holding onto “Batman Who Laughed His Last” for this originally-scheduled last issue, but alas, it’ll have to be postponed.

Report Ad

Anyway, in the spirit of actual sales commentary, DC took the lion’s share this week with 5 titles in our top 10, leaving Marvel with 4, and Image with 1. Event Leviathan was as successful as expected, with Superman’s numbers up in tandem with it. Silver Surfer Black did okay- Not quite as well as it could have done. A lot of the attraction to the title seems to stem from both the quirky character and Donny Cates’ writing, but Tradd Moore’s art seems to be divisive, with people either loving it or hating it. Sonata #1 also enjoyed a strong start, the first strong launch Image has had at our store in a long time.

—–

Weak week. Hopefully people are just busy with traveling.

Report Ad

—–

Sold almost half of our Immortal Hulk #19 within the first day. Event Leviathan comparatively under performed despite the all star team of Bendis and Maleev. Silver Surfer Black almost sold out within the first day. Spider-Man Life Story continues to be a solid choice for old fans and new comers alike.

—–

For this week it looks like Marvel is in the top version of the output. There are some ways other comics are coming to a rise.

Report Ad

—–

A five-five split this week between Marvel and DC, but Marvel took the top two slots with Immortal Hulk and Spider-Man: Life Story. Event Leviathan #1 came in a solid third place, but that’s not the performance we (or DC, I suspect) had hoped for considering this title’s prominence in DC’s publishing plan for the next few months. Once again, Superman failed to make our Top Ten at all–a disappointing change, but one that seems to reflect the new norm for Superman sales in our market.

#39118 Posted by animehunter (8860 posts) - - Show Bio
#39119 Posted by ursaber (10647 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter: well clearly Marvel has plans for Spidey with the F4!

Only con is we'd get Spidey written by Slott again

#39120 Posted by ZariusII (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber Alternatively, it could be the comic book adaptation of Raimi's Spider-Man 4

#39121 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5356 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:

@animehunter: well clearly Marvel has plans for Spidey with the F4!

Only con is we'd get Spidey written by Slott again

I Hope It's Actually A Series Being Written By Either Chip Zdarsky, Charles Soule, Robbie Thompson, Bryan Edward Hill, Or Derek Landy. I Mean, We Have A Susan Storm, Ben Grimm, And The Richards Kids Coming Out. So, What's Another Series Featuring The Man They Considered Family To Hurt?

#39122 Posted by ursaber (10647 posts) - - Show Bio
#39123 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16628 posts) - - Show Bio

Most likely something related with the Fantastic Four

#39124 Edited by ZariusII (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter

@ursaber

@thor_parker82 (or not)

@marvelman92

@quilsniv

@blackspidey2099

@supermanthor

Could Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man 4 be coming in comic book form?

Two interesting things have happened:

1: Dan Slott tweeted that the image had nothing to do with his Fantastic 4 run, and that there would be no crossover on his end. The tweet has since been deleted

2: Alex Ross posted an image he drew of Tobey Maguire’s Spider-Man and Kirsten Dunst’s Mary Jane swinging through NYC. He captioned the photo #SpiderMan4 . As you may recall, Ross did drawings for the opening credits scenes of all three Raimi Spider-Man movies. This tweet has also since been deleted, and replaced with a different image of comic book Spider-Man saying #SDCC.

#39125 Posted by Supermanthor (22700 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii: I say an animated movie would be better imo

#39126 Posted by johnsmjs36 (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor: Well, Spiderverse was great. Homecoming was fun and all but O didn't really like kt.

#39128 Posted by ursaber (10647 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii: @animehunter: gotta say I am very intrigurd by the possibility of a Spider-Man 4 adaptation. It won't be a live action movie but I wonder if it will be a comic series or an animated movie.

#39129 Posted by animehunter (8860 posts) - - Show Bio
#39131 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5356 posts) - - Show Bio
#39132 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5356 posts) - - Show Bio
#39133 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16628 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

@animehunter

@ursaber

@thor_parker82 (or not)

@marvelman92

@quilsniv

@blackspidey2099

@supermanthor

Could Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man 4 be coming in comic book form?

Two interesting things have happened:

1: Dan Slott tweeted that the image had nothing to do with his Fantastic 4 run, and that there would be no crossover on his end. The tweet has since been deleted

2: Alex Ross posted an image he drew of Tobey Maguire’s Spider-Man and Kirsten Dunst’s Mary Jane swinging through NYC. He captioned the photo #SpiderMan4 . As you may recall, Ross did drawings for the opening credits scenes of all three Raimi Spider-Man movies. This tweet has also since been deleted, and replaced with a different image of comic book Spider-Man saying #SDCC.

Why did you write "or not" besides my name though ? :P

#39134 Posted by ursaber (10647 posts) - - Show Bio
#39135 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16628 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: Oh right, that was already debunked by Slott anyways haha.

#39136 Edited by ZariusII (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelman92 Might have something to do with that project Ron Frenz and DeFalco are working on, Frenz said it was the return of Sensational Spider-Man as a one-shot anniversary deal...but he was under the impression it was a short story, where as Tom's tweet indicates it's one long overall story with multiple collaborators.

#39137 Posted by ursaber (10647 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: Oh right, that was already debunked by Slott anyways haha.

I was so relieved. Didn't want another Slott Spidey story

#39138 Posted by ursaber (10647 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

@marvelman92 Might have something to do with that project Ron Frenz and DeFalco are working on, Frenz said it was the return of Sensational Spider-Man as a one-shot anniversary deal...but he was under the impression it was a short story, where as Tom's tweet indicates it's one long overall story with multiple collaborators.

DO ELABORATE A LITTLE MORE...

#39139 Posted by ZariusII (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber I've talked about this in the thread before.

#39140 Posted by ursaber (10647 posts) - - Show Bio
#39141 Posted by ZariusII (6141 posts) - - Show Bio
#39142 Posted by Supermanthor (22700 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool

#39144 Posted by ursaber (10647 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii: so either tomorrow or after tomorrow there will be some kind of announcement or reveal in regards to that "Spider-Man 4" thing

-

and which page for the post you talked about Sensational Spider-Man?

#39145 Edited by animehunter (8860 posts) - - Show Bio
#39146 Edited by ZariusII (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter Again mate, stop giving these idiots press time. That list was terrible when it came to Gwen, their best reason for Gwen being number one is literally "Gwen is number one no matter what", that isn't a reason

I also love how they cite LIFE STORY of all titles as an example of Gwen having a happy ending with Peter...you know, the title where Peter can't deal with the fact he married a clone and let her walk out of his life.

And it takes a real idiot to take a look at Nick Spencer reuniting Peter and MJ and calling it a "tease".

#39147 Posted by Mizerous (728 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii: Gonna be a game sequel announcement.

#39148 Edited by animehunter (8860 posts) - - Show Bio
#39149 Posted by ZariusII (6141 posts) - - Show Bio
#39150 Edited by ursaber (10647 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

@animehunter Again mate, stop giving these idiots press time. That list was terrible when it came to Gwen, their best reason for Gwen being number one is literally "Gwen is number one no matter what", that isn't a reason

I also love how they cite LIFE STORY of all titles as an example of Gwen having a happy ending with Peter...you know, the title where Peter can't deal with the fact he married a clone and let her walk out of his life.

And it takes a real idiot to take a look at Nick Spencer reuniting Peter and MJ and calling it a "tease".

gotta concur with zarius here

its like a lame ass opinion piece

Edit: BTW @zariusii you seem a little... pissed off, everything alright?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.