Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man Comics Discussion

Avatar image for infantfinite128
    infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@darthfury78 said:
    @marvelman92 said:
    @ursaber said:
    @infantfinite128 said:

@ursaber: No, but would you be interested in JMS to continuing where he left off from Back in Black with a Cosmic Spider-man story in an alternate continuity?

Perhaps, play off the idea of Peter struggling with the temptation of wanting to go overboard with protecting Mary Jane after Aunt May's death given his greater cosmic power skill set?

YES!

But not to Back in Black. A completely new book that centers on Cosmic Spider-Man and his AU.

Would Love To See An AU Series Of Cosmic Spider-Man. Taking Care Of MJ And Her Family, Helping The World With His Powers, Facing Greater Threats Like Thanos, Galactus, Doom, Hela, The Grandmaster, The Celestials, Surtur, Etc. Really Cool Series To Check Out.

I would love to see an AU Spider-Man series where he's not married to MJ, Black Cat, or Gwen Stacy. The Cosmic Spider-Man would be quite interesting. I would love to see Captain Marvel work with him, as there are a lot of potential stories to be developed.

Sorry for the rant. I can't see why there is so much obsession by Marvel to keep Peter in a cycle of his past relationships. I think that Marvel should have ended Earth 616 and create a new universe where Peter is still in a relationship with Betty Brant or Liz Allan(never got married to Harry Osborn).

I Like To See Peter Married To MJ. But, His Newfound Cosmic Powers Have Made Him Quite Distant Towards His Family With The Amount Of Responsibility He's Taking. Saving The Universe If Not The Multiverse Is A Big Task To Take. I Like To See Guys Like Derek Landy, Al Ewing, Donny Cates, Peter David, And/Or Patrick Gleason.

I'd Like To See A Few AU Stories Where Peter Has Been Married To Felicia, Carol, Jean Grey, Jennifer Walters, Jessica Drew, Natasha Romanova, And A Few Other Women Who Have Been Close To Peter.

I'd be interested in Patrick Gleason taking that on.

@darthfury78 At what point would you have wanted the 616 universe to end? I would have liked that to keep the characters' integrity in tact, but it would probably cause issues for rushed developments for other heroes besides Spider-man. I wouldn't mind though.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@darthfury78:

Because new relationships suck due to the style of writing of present writers.

Becausr Mary Jane is Peter's one and only like Lois and Clark, Bruce and Selina, Bruce and Betty, etc.

She's the best Peter has ever had and will ever have.

Because romances with other superheroes like Black Widow, Carol Danvers and She-Hulk are destined to be temporary and we'd like more meaningful staying power in that department.

That's some of the reasons.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

@darthfury78:

Becausr Mary Jane is Peter's one and only like Lois and Clark, Bruce and Selina, Bruce and Betty, etc.

Because romances with other superheroes like Black Widow, Carol Danvers and She-Hulk are destined to be temporary and we'd like more meaningful staying power in that department.

Yep On All Of Them. Unless They're What If Alternate Takes Either In Mini Series Or One Shots, Then, Peter's Life With Other Heroines Will Always Be Temporary.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38904  Edited By ZariusII

The closest Natasha ever got to Peter was when they teamed together during the newspaper strip arc where Nat was MJ's bodyguard and stunt double, and she had to insist to MJ nothing was going on between them.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

The closest Natasha ever got to Peter was when they teamed together during the newspaper strip arc where Nat was MJ's bodyguard and stunt double, and she had to insist to MJ nothing was going on between them.

She Did Have Amnesia And Went By Her Persona As Nancy Rushman, A Teacher, In One If The Classic Marvel Team Up Series By Chris Claremont.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

@darthfury78:

Yep On All Of Them. Unless They're What If Alternate Takes Either In Mini Series Or One Shots, Then, Peter's Life With Other Heroines Will Always Be Temporary.

The relationships need not be romantic in the 616 world. The relationship are used to unlock a potential storyline that will connect the characters together. The end result is a storyline development that will stick in the 616 universe. I would rather see a relationship between Spider-Man x Superheroine/Mutant be used to tell a storyline plot that Spidey has never encounter before in relation to his Spider Sense against the Red Queen or Shadow King. If for example Spider-Man developed a relationship with Psylocke, it would reintroduce him to Captain Britain and that might result in a storyline that would lead to a new character being created. As we have seen with the X-Verse, there are so many what if that has resulted with that.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The relationships need not be romantic in the 616 world. The relationship are used to unlock a potential storyline that will connect the characters together. The end result is a storyline development that will stick in the 616 universe. I would rather see a relationship between Spider-Man x Superheroine/Mutant be used to tell a storyline plot that Spidey has never encounter before in relation to his Spider Sense against the Red Queen or Shadow King. If for example Spider-Man developed a relationship with Psylocke, it would reintroduce him to Captain Britain and that might result in a storyline that would lead to a new character being created. As we have seen with the X-Verse, there are so many what if that has resulted with that.

Why not just create a story that has Spidey teaming up with Captain Brittain?

Or an X-story where Peter adapts his spider sense to fight Shadow king with the X-Men?

Do you remember the Mockingbird romance and how bad it ended because they had virtually nothing in common outside of superheroing, that's Peter's fate with every other superheroine out there.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92 said:
    @ursaber said:

@darthfury78:

That'd Be Too Long For Him To Take Before He Goes With MJ. Sure, I'd Love To See Peter With These Girls. But, Mary Jane Has Been The Objective. And Yes, I Would Love To See A Story Like That With The 616 Universe With The Mutants. Infact, I'd Love To See Peter Have A History With Jean Grey. The Two Would Have A Really Compelling And Interesting Relationship. Like To Possibly See That In Some Until Story. That Being Said, I'd Rather They'd Be All One Shot Storylines.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @darthfury78 said:

Why not just create a story that has Spidey teaming up with Captain Britain?

Or an X-story where Peter adapts his spider sense to fight Shadow king with the X-Men?

Do you remember the Mockingbird romance and how bad it ended because they had virtually nothing in common outside of superheroing, that's Peter's fate with every other superheroine out there.

The problem with Spidey's relationship with Mockingbird comes from the guy who wrote the story: Dan Slott. There was no development between them. Slott rushed that story to the ground as he had done with Carlie Cooper. Bobbi and Peter do have several things in common. Slott failed to address that like their love for science and their possible ties to Dr. Ted Salis(aka The Man-Thing).

As for Captain Britain, Brian does have ties to Peter as he was his college roommate at ESU. I also believe that Peter might have met Betsy Braddock(before she became Psylocke). The idea of Peter and Psylocke working together would have been amazing. Imagine Psylocke vs Doc Ock?

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @darthfury78 said:

Why not just create a story that has Spidey teaming up with Captain Britain?

The problem with Spidey's relationship with Mockingbird comes from the guy who wrote the story: Dan Slott. There was no development between them. Slott rushed that story to the ground as he had done with Carlie Cooper. Bobbi and Peter do have several things in common. Slott failed to address that like their love for science and their possible ties to Dr. Ted Salis(aka The Man-Thing).

As for Captain Britain, Brian does have ties to Peter as he was his college roommate at ESU. I also believe that Peter might have met Betsy Braddock(before she became Psylocke). The idea of Peter and Psylocke working together would have been amazing. Imagine Psylocke vs Doc Ock?

Would Like To See That. Either In An Untold Story Or A New Story. Maybe A Mini Series. I'd Like To See A Story With A Few Others Like Jennifer Walters Or Anyone Else.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78 At what point would you have wanted the 616 universe to end? I would have liked that to keep the characters' integrity intact, but it would probably cause issues for rushed developments for other heroes besides Spider-man. I wouldn't mind though.

The idea of having the 616 universe to end should take around 3 years to wrap things up with all of Marvel's published titles to allow the respective writers to create a good ending to their final stories in development. I understand that this will not be overnight as we have already seen how DC Comics ended Earth-1 and Earth-2 with that awful Crisis on Infinite Earths back in 1985. I thought that Crisis was just a mini series. I never thought that DC would end things the way they did. The same applied to New DC Universe(created in 1986) when DC decided to end that universe with the New 52, which was a huge mess. Marvel tried to copy DC by creating a Secret Wars III and create Earth Prime.

What I would love to see happen is a slow closing of 616 universe and to create a new Marvel Universe that takes place around the time of the first Marvel Superhero Secret Wars. No Secret Wars 2; No X-Factor(that began the bringing back dead characters craze the Jean Grey). This would mean that new stories can take place around that time.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
    infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78: I really appreciate your thoughts. I agree that Secret Wars era would be the best launching point.

I like would like a universe without character resurrection.

If you'd like to expand further, I'd really like reading any new ideas.

What are your thoughts on passing down mantles through legacy?

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38914  Edited By ZariusII

Yeah, they tried creating an Earth Prime but for some reason editorial had no control over the writers, who staged a revolt and kept labelling everything as Earth 616, and Bendis came up with this weird idea of several Marvel citizens having memories of living in different realities that didn't go anywhere

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber Other than a relationship shift for Miles and the revelation of who Starling is, not much else went on...the biggest news today is regarding Tom King being booted off Batman

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

@ursaber Other than a relationship shift for Miles and the revelation of who Starling is, not much else went on...the biggest news today is regarding Tom King being booted off Batman

really? King off Batman? When?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Marvel Reveals Bring on the Bad Guys Summer Variant Program

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05/22/marvel-reveals-bring-on-the-bad-guys-summer-variant-program/

1. AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #27 by Woo Cheol Lee – featuring Molten Man

2. AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #28 by Bengal – featuring Anna Kravenoff

4. BLACK CAT #3 by Inhyuk Lee – featuring Black Cat

14. FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN #10 by TBD

15. FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN #11 by TBD

23. VENOM #17 by Sunghan Yune – featuring Carnage

-

@ursaber, @quilsniv, @zariusii, @blackspidey2099, @mizerous, @marvelman92, @Elbarto17, @supermanthor

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @zariusii said:

I did tag on the link at the casual thread

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @zariusii said:

and King's replacement?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @animehunter said:
    @ursaber said:
    @zariusii said:

and King's replacement?

No idea

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38923  Edited By animehunter
    MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38924  Edited By MarvelMan92

If you've read today's Miles Morales: Spider-Man #6

The you would have found out that

They just introduced the grand-daughter of Adrian Toomes, Tiana Toomes aka Starling and he designed and made the suite for her, also, Aaron Davis makes a reappearance, could this be a connection to next months Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man.

-

@ursaber, @quilsniv, @zariusii, @blackspidey2099, @mizerous, @marvelman92, @Elbarto17, @supermanthor

I Gotta Say, I Was Incredibly Surprised That Starling Was Actually The Vulture's Granddaughter. Which Makes Me Wonder Are They Taking That From Homecoming Or Just A Reference To The Marvel Knights Series?

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38928  Edited By MarvelMan92
    MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #27
    2. AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #28
    3. FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN #10
    4. FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN #11
    5. SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN: SELF-IMPROVEMENT #1
    6. SPIDER-MAN: LIFE STORY #6 (of 6)
    7. MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS #8 (Peter Parker/Spider-Man, Spider-Woman)
    8. MARVEL’S SPIDER-MAN: CITY AT WAR #6 (of 6)
    9. MARVEL’S SPIDER-MAN: VELOCITY #1 (of 5)
    10. SYMBIOTE SPIDER-MAN #5 (OF 5)
    11. AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: VENOM 3D #1 (POLYBAGGED)
    12. GWENPOOL STRIKES BACK #1 (of 5) (Peter Parker/Spider-Man)
    13. BLACK CAT #3
    14. GHOST-SPIDER #1
    15. MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #9
    16. AGENTS OF ATLAS #1 (of 5) (Silk)
    17. SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #10
    18. VENOM #17
    19. SPIDER-MAN: THE MANY HOSTS OF CARNAGE TPB
    20. ABSOLUTE CARNAGE #1 (of 4)
    21. ABSOLUTE CARNAGE #2 (of 4)
    22. ABSOLUTE CARNAGE VS. DEADPOOL #1 (of 3)
    23. ABSOLUTE CARNAGE: LETHAL PROTECTORS #1 (of 3)
    24. ABSOLUTE CARNAGE: MILES MORALES #1 (of 3)
    25. ABSOLUTE CARNAGE: SCREAM #1 (of 3)
    26. ABSOLUTE CARNAGE: SEPARATION ANXIETY #1
    27. HISTORY OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE #2 (of 6)
    28. MARVEL COMICS #1000 ($9.99)
    29. RUNAWAYS #24 (Superior Spider-Man)

TRADES

1. DITKO IS… AMAZING! KING-SIZE HC
    2. WAR OF THE REALMS: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN/DAREDEVIL TPB
    3. SPIDER-GWEN: GHOST-SPIDER VOL. 2 – IMPOSSIBLE YEAR TPB
    4. MILES MORALES: WITH GREAT POWER GN-TPB
    5. VENOM UNLEASHED VOL. 1 TPB
    6. WAR OF THE REALMS: JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY TPB
    7. WAR OF THE REALMS: NEW AGENTS OF ATLAS TPB
    8. WAR OF THE REALMS: VENOM TPB
    9. SHURI VOL. 2 TPB (Miles Morales)
    10. MARVEL COMICS #1000 BY ALEX ROSS POSTER

-

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38938  Edited By animehunter
    ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @animehunter said:

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes to a Few More Marvel Comics Titles

Amazing Spider-Man #25 will be drawn by Daniel Hipp, Kev Walker as well as the previously solicited Ryan Ottley.

-

Sad to not have had Ryan Ottley for the majority of the run as artist.

He's Still Drawing The Issue I Believe. Still, I'd Really Love To Have Ottley In The Majority Of The Series. I Don't Know If He Is A Monthly Kind If Guy. But, The Guy Needs More Focus On The Series. I'd Say Put The ASM Series In Monthly If Needed.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38942  Edited By ZariusII

@animehunter

@marvelman92

@ursaber

@quilsniv

@blackspidey2099

@mizerous

@supermanthor

Captain Marvel, Starcadia Quest, Transformers ’84 and Elvis in IDW August 2019 Solicitations

No Caption Provided

Marvel Action: Spider-Man #9

Delilah S. Dawson (w) • Fico Ossio (a & c)

When Peter, Miles, and Gwen nab a famous cat burglar, they inadvertently make a new enemy in the Black Cat! And she’ll stop at nothing to make them wish they had never crossed paths!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

No Caption Provided

Marvel Action: Spider-Man: Spider-Chase

Erik Burnham (w) • Christopher Jones (a & c)

Peter, Miles, and Gwen have joined forces and nothing can stop them in these middle-grade friendly adventures!

Well, maybe nothing except homework and an internship at the Daily Bugle, not to mention being stalked by a new dangerous foe… Kraven the Hunter! One by one, the Spiders fall into Kraven’s web, but the final showdown looms on a battlefield of the hunter’s choosing. Could this be the end for Peter, Miles, and Gwen? Collects issues #4–6 of the Marvel Action: Spider-Man series.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

City at War is a fun read. Enjoying it so far, its like it further expands the game's narrative.

Even MJ's cliche occupation of news reporter ripped from Lois and Iris, doesn't bother anything because for the most part its made to work well enough.

But yeah, this Insomniac Spider Verse is like if the USM continuity melded with 616. Or if USM Peter had been allowed to age rather than stay 15 all his life.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

City at War is a fun read. Enjoying it so far, its like it further expands the game's narrative.

Even MJ's cliche occupation of news reporter ripped from Lois and Iris, doesn't bother anything because for the most part its made to work well enough.

But yeah, this Insomniac Spider Verse is like if the USM continuity melded with 616. Or if USM Peter had been allowed to age rather than stay 15 all his life.

But, More With A 616 Feel. And Yeah, Things Are Looking Quite Interesting.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38945  Edited By animehunter
    ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: I only like Electra and Beetle Girl.

Its a letdown that instead of Silver Sable, we have, wait for it... BOOMERANG

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

@animehunter: I only like Electra and Beetle Girl.

Its a letdown that instead of Silver Sable, we have, wait for it... BOOMERANG

Well, Boomerang Is Now A Public Enemy To The Villains And Just Right At The Top Of Kingpin's @#$% List.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, Really Love Seeing Norman As A Spider-Person. The Guy Is A Real Sociopath That Not Many People Gave Him Credit For Compared To Venom And Otto. And Seeing Him Face Otto Here Makes Me Believe That Something Big Will Be Coming To The Next Spider-Verse Event.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.