Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man Comics Discussion

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@ursaber Wow...Coates didn't nail Sue's voice at all

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First we have Cebulski making the bold claim that he's going to make a comic that will sell a million copies

UPDATE: Marvel E-i-C Has 'Idea' For Next Comic Book To Sell a Million Copies

https://www.newsarama.com/45045-marvel-e-i-c-has-idea-for-next-comic-book-to-sell-a-million-copies.html

Updated May 3, 2019 at 4:27 p.m. Eastern: Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski has clarified that it's not a Star Wars relaunch.

and now we have this tweet from him

-

@ursaber, @quilsniv, @zariusii, @blackspidey2099, @mizerous, @marvelman92, @Elbarto17, @supermanthor

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First we have Cebulski making the bold claim that he's going to make a comic that will sell a million copies

https://www.newsarama.com/45045-marvel-e-i-c-has-idea-for-next-comic-book-to-sell-a-million-copies.html

Updated May 3, 2019 at 4:27 p.m. Eastern: Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski has clarified that it's not a Star Wars relaunch.

-

@ursaber, @quilsniv, @zariusii, @blackspidey2099, @mizerous, @marvelman92, @Elbarto17, @supermanthor

Okay, My Only Guesses Are These:

1) New Spider-Man Graphic Novel

2) Spider-Men Ongoing Series

3) New Writer For FNSM

4) Big One(Like You Said), Undoing OMD.

Undoing OMD Would Be Too Fast If You Don't Have Enough Build Up. But, It'd Be Very Satisfying. Also,, If It's Either Of These, Then, My Choices Of Writers For The Graphic Novel Would Either Be Donny Cates Or Benjamin Percy, For Spider-Man It'd Be Gerry Duggan, And For FNSM It'd Be Charles Soule. Whatever The Case, I Hope We Get Some News And I Hope Either Of These Would Also Be Done By David Marquez. Yeah, I Know He's Got This Other Project With Batman/Superman. But, Nothing Else Has Been Stated About His Involvement With Marvel. And When I Asked Him This, I Got Only A Like. So, Hopefully It's Something. Anyway, Hope To Hear Some News.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-

I think RD on the Crawlspace might be onto something with his suggestion it's the return of the Ultimate Universe.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38661  Edited By ZariusII

@animehunter

@ursaber

@quilsniv

@marvelman92

@blackspidey2099

@mizerous

@supermanthor

Don't waste your time with FCBD guys...

FCBD 2019: Read It Or Leave It?: Silver Titles, Part One

In the backup story, Peter and Miles argue over the best pizza in New York, while fighting the Shocker, who joins the discussion. (Me, I prefer Freddy & Pepper’s on Amsterdam, if only for their eclectic varieties. For sheer bang-for-your-buck, Two Brothers is the best. I get two slices, flip one on top of the other, and eat it like a sandwich as I walk down the street.)

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

@animehunter

@ursaber

@quilsniv

@marvelman92

@blackspidey2099

@mizerous

@supermanthor

Don't waste your time with FCBD guys...

FCBD 2019: Read It Or Leave It?: Silver Titles, Part One

In the backup story, Peter and Miles argue over the best pizza in New York, while fighting the Shocker, who joins the discussion. (Me, I prefer Freddy & Pepper’s on Amsterdam, if only for their eclectic varieties. For sheer bang-for-your-buck, Two Brothers is the best. I get two slices, flip one on top of the other, and eat it like a sandwich as I walk down the street.)

Marvel Comics Universe & Free Comic Book Day (FCBD 2019) Spider-Man #1 Spoilers: Who Is The New Carnage That Debuts To Terrorize Venom, Peter Parker, Miles Morales & More?!

https://insidepulse.com/2019/05/04/marvel-comics-universe-free-comic-book-day-fcbd-2019-spider-man-1-spoilers-who-is-the-new-carnage-that-debuts-to-terrorize-venom-peter-parker-miles-morales-more

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

@animehunter: what'd YOU think of Endgame?

Never saw it, have no plans to see it. Especially now that someone described

and you really should be asking this over at the cinematic thread

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/spider-man/4005-1443/forums/spider-man-marvel-cinematic-universe-discussion-1559773/

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Any of you guys remember which was the issue where Doctor Octopus and his Sinister Six fought The Wizard's team of geniuses ?

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any of you guys remember which was the issue where Doctor Octopus and his Sinister Six fought The Wizard's team of geniuses ?

ASM 676 IIRC

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New Spider-Man comics coming out.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@thor_parker82 said:

ASM 676 IIRC

Great, thanks, that was a great issue.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38671  Edited By MarvelMan92
    animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: Is there a link to this, as to what it's about?

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38675  Edited By ZariusII

@animehunter That's just the 2019 season poster, they do something like this every year for the line, and the piece is also to generally announce Gleason jumping over to Marvel.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38676  Edited By ZariusII

@animehunter Word is that Gleason is replacing Ramos as the rotating artist, Ottley will remain on the book

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

@animehunter That's just the 2019 season poster, they do something like this every year for the line, and the piece is also to generally announce Tomasi jumping over to Marvel.

It's Patrick Gleason Actually. Must've Gotten The Two Confused. Though, He Might've Been Involved With Supersons. Still, Whatever This Is, I Hope Gleason Being Involved Means Either A New Spider-Man Series Or Just Taking Over For FNSM. If So, Then I Really Hope Ottley Stays In ASM. We Need More Of Him On Spider-Man.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

@animehunter That's just the 2019 season poster, they do something like this every year for the line, and the piece is also to generally announce Tomasi jumping over to Marvel.

It's Patrick Gleason Actually. Must've Gotten The Two Confused. Though, He Might've Been Involved With Supersons. Still, Whatever This Is, I Hope Gleason Being Involved Means Either A New Spider-Man Series Or Just Taking Over For FNSM. If So, Then I Really Hope Ottley Stays In ASM. We Need More Of Him On Spider-Man.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38679  Edited By MarvelMan92

@zariusii said:

@animehunter Word is that Tomasi is replacing Ramos as the rotating artist, Ottley will remain on the book

Good. Need More Ottley. Hope To See Others Like Marquez Or Pichelli. Nothing Else Stated For Marquez On His Involvement With DC. Could Be Just Misinformation Or Something.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

@animehunter Word is that Tomasi is replacing Ramos as the rotating artist, Ottley will remain on the book

Good. Need More Ottley. Hope To See Others Like Marquez Or Pichelli. Nothing Else Stated For Marquez On His Involvement With DC. Could Be Just Misinformation Or Something.

Didn't you just say it's Gleason not Tomasi, even the tweet I post says it's pat Gleason

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05/05/bleeding-cool-bestseller-list-5th-may-2019-its-as-if-thanos-really-did-snap-away-half-the-populatio/

This is the Top Ten Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, as compiled by a number of comic stores from their sales on Wednesday and Thursday. It measures what are known as the “Wednesday Warriors”, those who can’t wait till the weekend to get this week’s comics. We salute you, and the keenness you bring to your passion. So, this week’s list. DC’s Year Of The Villain #1 came top but was was not the universal number one however. DCeased #1 also managed to place top in certain stores. But added to Batman and Justice League, they beak War Of The Realms #3 and the Savage Avengers #1 launch. As well as Walking Dead joining the top ten, Paper Girls also came along for the ride…

Top ten bestselling comics.

1. DC’s Year of the Villain #1
    2. DCeased #1
    3. Batman #70
    4. Justice League #23
    5. War of the Realms #3
    6. Savage Avengers #1
    7. Uncanny X-Men #17
    8. Walking Dead #191
    9. Amazing Spider-Man #20.HU
    10. Paper Girls #28

Thanks to the following retailers

Who had this to say:

DC’s Year of the Villain took the first spot for us due to it being for just a quarter. Dceased #1 took second. Walking Dead 191 jumped up to third and sold out before 5:30 on Wednesday. Great cliffhanger. Batman who used to take the top spot so easily is bleeding out readership due to such a dragging of the story. It placed in 4th place for us. Deadpool #12 oddly enough sold out on Wednesday for us.

Report Ad

Paper Girls is almost number 1. WOW. DCeased is also picking up.

DC came into this week with a *heavily* loaded slate, and it paid off. Very nearly the entire top half of our list here are DC titles, with Marvel only managing to just crack the number five spot with the premiere issue of SAVAGE AVENGERS.

DC has had a fair amount of success generating buzz (and sales) with high-profile, loss-leader one-shots; from 2016’s DC REBIRTH #1 and last year’s DC NATION #0. This week brought us DC’S YEAR OF THE VILLAIN, which followed in NATION’s footprints with an accessible-to-everyone twenty-five cent price point. Unsurprisingly, this was the book we moved the most copies of.

Report Ad

However, trailing behind YEAR OF THE VILLAIN by only a handful of copies sold was the premiere of DC’s horror-infused mini-series DCEASED. Tom Taylor is a rising star in cape comics, and has plenty of experience writing high-mortality DC comics and coupled with that “how did they not use it sooner?”-level pun title, how could one resist?

BATMAN would have been number one almost any other week, but up against those two smash hits the Caped Crusader is taking a break down in the number three spot.

The rest of the list consists of some Marvel standbys such as UNCANNY X-MEN and AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, as well as their current event book WAR OF THE REALMS. DC manages to book end things with GREEN LANTERN and SUPER SONS holding down the bottom of the list.

Report Ad

It was a super strong week for DC, and with a 25 cent price, DC’s Year of the Villain #1 was easily cemented as the best-selling comic of the week. Our Ssalefish-exclusive Joshua Middleton variant of the book was a huge hit, and I struggle to think of a single customer that DIDN’T pick up a copy when they came in this week. DCeased followed along behind, and a lot of folks were really pleased with their cover options, particularly the It-inspired horror variant. Very cool.

A big win for DC #1s aside, I have to mention that Avengers: Endgame has had a noticeable impact on foot traffic, and not in a good way. With everyone flocking to theaters to see the film following its release last weekend (some for the second or third time), it’s as if Thanos really did snap away half the population- Along with $500 million in box office sales. Yikes.

Report Ad

For all the Avengers’ popularity, it always is interesting how the movies’ success doesn’t exactly translate into comic sales. One has to wonder if there’s more that Marvel Studios could do to intertwine the success of both- Take a note from Spiderverse, for example, which pushed a lot of people through the door due to the film’s consistent recognition of the source material. It would be great to see something of that nature in the future of the MCU, but I reckon, for now, we’ll have to wait and see.

Report Ad

DC takes five of our top ten spots this week, Marvel takes four, and Image takes one with Walking Dead. DCeased was a major hit, outselling DC’s 25 cent Year of the Villain. Goes to show that even a two-bit price can’t get readers excited if they aren’t sold on the storyline. Savage Avengers was Marvel’s best-selling book, showing that fans love the idea of Conan crossing over into the Marvelverse in a more significant way. And Walking Dead… well, the news of the final pages of this issue drove sales. The book would have done even better had Image actually told us what was going on, so that we could have ordered more (then we wouldn’t have had to limit it to one copy per customer).

Notable sales:

• Detective Comics #39 NG $850
    • Uncanny X-Men #8 VF $425
    • Spectacular Spider-Man #1 9.8 $500 Autographed Tom Holland Photo Variant

About Rich Johnston

Chief writer and founder of Bleeding Cool. Father of two. Comic book clairvoyant. Political cartoonist.

(Last Updated May 5, 2019 2:40 pm )

Related Posts

None found

BC FCBD Roundup: Steampunk Intrigue with ‘Lady Mechanika’

by TaboolaSponsored Links

You May Like

Britney Spears Leaves Little To The Imagination According To Her MaidEternalLifeStyleMother’s Day Gifts Starting at $24.99ProFlowersEarly Signs of MesotheliomaMesothelioma | Search AdsIncredible Senior Apartments Available in Floral ParkSenior Apartments | Search AdsChoose From These Floral Park Debt Consolidation OptionsDebt Consolidation | Search AdsEarly Signs of Lung CancerLung Cancer | Search Ads37 Awkward Photos Taken At The AirportJerusalem Online11 Cancer Causing Foods You Probably Eat Every DayFactaholicsReport Ad

COMICS

COSPLAY

TV/FILM

GAMES

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38682  Edited By ZariusII

@animehunter

@marvelman92

Whoops, sorry, got mixed up. I'm so used to them being together as a creative team I interchange 'em by accident, rofl.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92 said:
    @zariusii said:

Didn't you just say it's Gleason not Tomasi, even the tweet I post says it's pat Gleason

Yeah, Didn't See That There. Still, I Hope We Get More Of These Two. Whatever Ramos Has, I Hope It's Something Interesting And One He'd Have Fun With.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GLEASON IS NOW EXCLUSIVELY WORKING FOR MARVEL!!!!!!!!!!

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92: @zariusii: @animehunter:

Venom has wings now?

Is that Shang Chi or Amadeus Cho next to the Hulk?

Who is the winged woman next to Spider-Gwen and still not has Mjolnir Thor?

HYPERION! Hooray, I always saw him as a cross between Superman and Mr Incredible. His bromance with Thor is excellent.

Is that Female Loki between Venom and Thing?

Great to see Black Cat there!

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38687  Edited By animehunter
    @ursaber said:

Venom has wings now?

Who is the winged woman next to Spider-Gwen and still not has Mjolnir Thor?

HYPERION! Hooray, I always saw him as a cross between Superman and Mr Incredible. His bromance with Thor is excellent.

Venom has wings now?

Yes, don't know what issue but Venom got wings

Too young for Shng Chi, more likely to be Amadeus Cho

Who is the winged woman next to Spider-Gwen?

That is Jane Foster, she's the new Valkyrie, after the original was killed by Malekith in War of the Realms #2 and apparently will still be around, but something close to a ghostly adviser.

Loki's already there, right in the centre, as for her, her name, if you read the preview for The War of the Realms: New Agents of Atlas #1, is Pearl Pangan aka Wave from the Philippine.

It certainly is. Especially in a hero line up.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38689  Edited By ZariusII
    MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, Nice. Big Story Coming Up?

Amazing Spider-Man #25

(W) Nick Spencer (A/CA) Ryan Ottley

Year two of Nick Spencer, Ryan Ottley and Humberto Ramos' run on ASM begins here! In the giant-sized main story, Spider-Man and Mary Jane find themselves in an INCREDIBLY tough situation, thanks to Electro. Can Spidey save MJ? CAN MJ SAVE SPIDEY? What is Mysterio cooking, and what does it have to do with the bandaged villain who has been on the periphery since #1?! All this, plus a story by Dan Hipp (TEEN TITANS GO! Art Director), internet sensation Keaton Patti and MORE!

Rated T

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92 said:

Ah, Nice. Big Story Coming Up?

Amazing Spider-Man #25

(W) Nick Spencer (A/CA) Ryan Ottley

Year two of Nick Spencer, Ryan Ottley and Humberto Ramos' run on ASM begins here! In the giant-sized main story, Spider-Man and Mary Jane find themselves in an INCREDIBLY tough situation, thanks to Electro. Can Spidey save MJ? CAN MJ SAVE SPIDEY? What is Mysterio cooking, and what does it have to do with the bandaged villain who has been on the periphery since #1?! All this, plus a story by Dan Hipp (TEEN TITANS GO! Art Director), internet sensation Keaton Patti and MORE!

Rated T

Nice. So, It's Gleason And Ottley Doing The Work Together. Because, If So, Then Daniel Hipp, Artist Of Teen Titans Go, Wouldn't Be Involved In This. Maybe Three Big Stories Then. Love Their Work Anyway.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

it would be neat if both Spidey and MJ saved each other and worked in concert to overcome their present ordeal.

Yeah, Like A Spider Duo Or Something. But, How Would MJ Look In Her Suit Compared To Her One In RYV And Would She Be Called Spinneret?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ilikecomicswow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

What if?

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.