Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17241 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man Comics Discussion

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@animehunter

I wonder how they'll handle the marriage? It becomes pretty cloudy once we reach the late 2000s, they can either deal with it via divorce (which could happen as Chip is a divorcee and could write from experience) or go beyond that and give us the future shown by the one-above-all where Peter was to have grown old with MJ and had kids if they had stuck together.

Or Chip could merge the continuity with that of Spider-Girl or RYV.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

@animehunter

I wonder how they'll handle the marriage? It becomes pretty cloudy once we reach the late 2000s, they can either deal with it via divorce (which could happen as Chip is a divorcee and could write from experience) or go beyond that and give us the future shown by the one-above-all where Peter was to have grown old with MJ and had kids if they had stuck together.

That is, if it's even part of it, because my fear is that it will be ignored all together.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@zariusii said:

@marvelman92 And we can blame Mephisto for altering Spidey canon again since he's responsible for Cosmic Ghost Rider rofl

Yeah but Cosmic Ghost Rider is one of the coolest creations of this year.

And its likely these Marvel History Destroyed events won't actually alter the canon but rather be a What If type scenario.

I never liked the Frank Castle character in any form, not even in this Cosmic Ghost Rider form. But when CGR puts on his helmet and manifests the burning skeleton, I only see cosmic hellfire awesomeness.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37705  Edited By ZariusII

@animehunter said:
    @zariusii said:

@animehunter

That is, if it's even part of it, because my fear is that it will be ignored all together.

If it's the "entire history" of Spider-Man like they're promoting, it'd be a complete cop-out if they went with the OMIT route of Peter missing his wedding to MJ as that's an alteration to history. I think there's a chance they could just go with Peter having a full on family comprised of Mayday, Annie, Benjy, and Mary Jr. All his children of the futures and the one-above-all's future.

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:
    @animehunter said:
    @zariusii said:

@animehunter

If it's the "entire history" of Spider-Man like they're promoting, it'd be a complete cop-out if they went with the OMIT route of Peter missing his wedding to MJ as that's an alteration to history. I think there's a chance they could just go with Peter having a full on family comprised of Mayday, Annie, Benjy, and Mary Jr. All his children of the futures and the one-above-all's future.

I think there's considerations to be made for how radical Peter's story could change considering this is meant to be a real-time storyline. We don't know how massive of a change it could be for Peter to fight in the Vietnam war, which I could see happening since the cover and Zdarsky have made a big point of it. (Speaking of, I hope Zdarsky remembers that Flash served in 'Nam, and that would be a good chance for their relationship to develop as brothers-in-arms.) I know it sounds like a radical departure, but it could still go a long way in establishing Peter's fear of losing people close to him due to his experiences in war.

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, so I read PP:TSSM #313 today...Can we get a Spider-Man ongoing from Sean Ryan and Juan Frigeri please? Issues #311-313 were some of the best Spider-Man issues I have read in a very long time - like, since Gerry Conway's Spiral, (considering I haven't read RYV yet).

Peter was smart, creative, intelligent, and powerful, even when threatened. The humor was pitch-perfect throughout, firmly cemented in the classic Parker luck without overdoing it, and with everyone sounding like their characters.

Then the art. The art. The art was vibrant, the costume was classic, and the poses were realistic yet dynamic, and really sold how athletically challenging this fight was. Everyone played a critical role, and the overarching conflict was resolved in a satisfying way.

It was great.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

Yo.
    Hey mah dudes.

Any good Spider-Man comics nowadays?

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37709  Edited By ZariusII

Welcome back.

Nick Spencer is killing it on ASM currently, read the Black Cat trilogy (issues 8-10) for some precision characterisation from MJ, great Spidey and Black Cat action, and the resolution of a decade long problem for Felicia.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yo.

Hey mah dudes.

@zariusii said:

Welcome back.

Nick Spencer is killing it on ASM currently, read the Black Cat trilogy (issues 8-10) for some precision characterisation from MJ, great Spidey and Black Cat action, and the resolution of a decade long problem for Felicia.

Welcome back and as Zaruis said Amazing Spider-Man has been AWESOME under Nick Spencer and I would definitely recommend issue 8-10 as explained by Zarius

You should also pick up Spectacular #310-313, definitely the best out of the whole run except for issue #6 which I would also recommend reading

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37711  Edited By animehunter
    ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: So, what are your thoughts on Spider-Geddon as of now? And while you're at it and if you've been keeping up, what's the story about? LOL

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

@animehunter: So, what are your thoughts on Spider-Geddon as of now? And while you're at it and if you've been keeping up, what's the story about? LOL

Don't care for it

For the full explanation - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Geddon

as for what it's about, it's a sequel to Spider-Verse, the inheritors escaped their prison because of Doc Ock and all the spider people are trying to stop them, each in their own way, with one wanting to kill them and the other imprison them again.

Difference this time is Miles in the lead in this story and not Peter who had his own fight with Morlun on Spec. also Annie, yes RYV Peter and Mary Jane are in this fight as well, Annie is found to be another piece to the puzzle to defeating the inheritors, oh and we have a Norman Osborn Spider-Man and a Spider-Man made of literally Spiders who betrayed them by destroying the web and trapping the inheritors and the other spiders on Earth-616

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quilsniv: @ursaber: @zariusii: @animehunter:Hello Everyone. This News Does Suprise. Not Just That Zdarsky Has Returned To The Character. But, We Are Actually Getting A Series Of Peter From The 60s Where He Ages In Real Time. You Know, A While Ago, When Bombshells Was Released, I Was Thinking Of What A Marvel Version Of That Series Would Be Like. So, I Tried To Come Up With One And Instead Have The Series Be More Like the 60s But, In Real Time. So, I Thought That That'd Be A Good Concept To Do. And So Marvel Does It. Man, This Is Really Interesting. I Do Like To See How Peter Reacts To Flash's Departure To Vietnam. I Also Would Like To See What A Married Version Of Peter And MJ Would Be Like. How Old Their Daughter Would Be Like. I Also Wonder What Peter In Real Time Would Be Like. I Wonder How Old. But, Anyway. Can't Wait :)

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
    deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92: This is interesting news.Are they going to do a line wide event or only for spider-man?

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal said:

@marvelman92: This is interesting news.Are they going to do a line wide event or only for spider-man?

In My Concepts, Just A Line Wide Event. Some For Spider-Man, Some For The Avengers, Some For X-Men, Pretty Much The Entire Marvel Universe Actually. In My Ideas Actually.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Elbarto17: @bjparks:HEY GUYS!!!!!!!!!! WHERE THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN!?! Ah Well. Anyway, We've Had Some Really Good Releases Of Some Spider-Related Titles Such As Spider-Force, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Girls, PP:SM, ASM, And Miles Morales:Spider-Man. Here Are My Thoughts.

For Spider-Force:

Really Interesting Issue. The Issue Takes Place Before Issues # 4 And 5 Of Spider-Geddon. Really Interesting To How Chhristopher Priest Handles Kaine. He's A Clone And Not Like Peter. But, With More Of A Conscience. I Also Like The Bit With Charlie Planning To Make A Move On The Inheritors Like A Game Of Pokemon. Hope We See More Of Charlie In The Later Series. I Also Find It Sad That John Jameson Was Killed By Verna As She Was Resurrected. Also Nice To See Jessica Thinking About Her Kid. All And All, Really Interesting Issue. Can't Wait To See How Things End. And i Really Hope That Christopher Priest Handles Kaine In A Possible Relaunch As Well As Ben Reily.

For Spider-Gwen:

Pretty Interesting Issue. Really Nice. We Learn That Betty And Glory Of This World Are Journalistic Reporters And vAre Slightly Older Than Spider-Gwen's Counterparts. We See Gwen And MJ Working Together And Try And Stop This World's Gwen. Really Like Hows MJ Was Feisty And Aggressive Yet Kind And Helpful. Kinda Like The MJ We All Know. And The MJ Spider-Gwen's World Should Be. Anyway, Gwen Goblin Reverted Back To Her Normal Self As MJ Tries To Talk Her Through It. Betty And Glory Were Kind Enough Not To Reveal Anything. And So, Gwen Gets Back To Help The Other Spiders Thanks To This World's Gwen Creating A Portal Device With Her Blood. And So Gwen Goes Home With The Three Counterparts Of Her, MJ, And Peter Staring As The Portal Closes. All And All, A Pretty Good Issue. Really Nice Story Here Between Gwen And Her Counterpart. But The Thing That Gripe Me Was That If Harry Was Killed, Why Hasn't People Like Betty And Glory Knew That He Was Spider-Man? I Mean, Haven't They Got Any DNA In The Crime Scene? Also, Gwen Was Pretty Hard On Peter. Reasonable With Her Situation. But, Felt Pretty Bad For Him With How She Responded Since She Got Here. Also, Did Anyone Else Here Feel That Gwen And MJ Were In A Relationship? Also, The Fight Between Gwen And Her Counterpart Could've Been Longer. All And All, Pretty Good Issue. Can't Wait To See How It All Ends.

For Spider-Girls:

A Pretty Solid Entry And Conclusion To This Series. I Like How Annie Tries To Take So Much Responsibility After Her Years Of Being A Spider-Hero. Like This Is Suppose To Be The Most Important Task Of Her Life. And So She Connects With The Scroll And The Portal Opens Up And Thanks To Her The Web Of Destiny Has Been Resurrected Once Her, May Day, And Anya Have Been Sent To The Remaining Headquarters Of Karn. I Really Like How They Brough Back The Goblin Machine Normie Had Back In The Last Issue Of RYV. I Also Really Like How Annie Opened Up To May Day Finally Reconnecting As Sisters(But, from Other Worlds). It Was Also A Relief To Have Normie And The Rest Of The Victims Survive. But, I Do Wonder That Since The Vampire Twins Are Now Stuck In This World Does That Mean We Are Getting That As Part Of A Relaunch. But, Anyway, With The Portal Open, The Spiders Can Now Fully Assemble Including The 616 Version. Really Hope To See Peter Of That World Interact With The RYV Versions Of Himself, MJ, And Annie. Anyway, Pretty Solid Issue. Pretty Solid Conclusion. Really Great Art. Congrats On Jody For This Series. And I Really Hope To See Where This All Ends.

For PP:SM:

Man, Do I REALLY Love This Issue. I Really Love How Peter Is In This issue. Intelligent, Cunning, Clever, Smart, Strong, And Of Course Witty. Outsmarting Morlun And Beating Him In A Very Classic Way. I Also Love The Speech He Made To Him Once He Beated Him. It Was Really Badass And Everything Spidey Should Be. I Really Love How The Stakes Were High Between Him And Morlun. And I Really Love How Their Battle Ended With Morlun Wearing A Ridiculous Shirt And Ripped Pants As He's Being Beaten By Spidey. That Shows True Humiliation Of A Guy Who's Suppose To Be Deemed As Invincible And Superior. Really A Classic Way Of How Your Foe Or Oppoenent Is On The Verge Of Being Beaten. I Also Really Like How Jameson Has Been Involved In This Especially Towards The End As He Tries To Offer Him A Ride Home. I Also Really Love How The Swat Team Try To Help Out Spidey. Very Cool. I Also Love The Ending Where Peter Tries To Take A Deserved Rest When Spider-Gwen Tries To Bring Him In To Help The Other Spider-People. Feels Very Real And Relatable When You Read His Thoughts. Feels Like How We Feel In A Tired Situation. The Art By Juan Figiri Is Some of The Best Art I've Seen In A Spider-Man Work. Really Captures His Fluidity And The Battle Sequences Were Actually More Organic. Felt Actionworthy. The Stakes, The Battle Scars, The Bruises, Everything Really. Feels Like How A Battle Feels. Would Really Like To See Figiri Do More Spider-Man Work. All And All, This Was A Really Good Issue And A Nice Solid Tie In Arc. Felt Like a Very Classic Spider-Man Story With Hero Vs Villain. In Trade Paper Back, This Would Be Very Nice And Refreshing To Read. Sean Ryan Really Outdone Himself. Really Sad To See This Series End. But, This Was Really Great Otherwise. Hope He Does More Spider-Man Related Work. Same Goes For Juan Figiri. Hope Tom Taylor Does Well On His FNSM Series. All And All, Really Great Issue. HIGHLY Recommend The Trade Paper Back.

For ASM:

This Was Another Solid Issue From Nock Spencer. Really One Of The Funniest I've Checked Out. We See That The Story Takes Place On Christmas. And What Better Way To Conclude The Year With The Month Of That Holiday. Anyway, I Was Pretty Skeptical And A Bit Concerned With How They Would Handle Jonah Now That He's Pro Spider-Man. And Thankfully I Have To Say That Even When He's Now Pro-spidey, He's Still The Same Jolly Ol'Jameson we All Know Him As. Loudmouth, Ranting, Enthusiestic, Fully Of Energy, Yet A Bit Egotistical As Others Pointed Out And Quick To Even Side With Guys Like Fisk As He Brought Hiom Back To The True Position Of His Honor In This Celebration. It's Also Nice To See That His Relationship With Spidey Is Still As Entertaining As Ever With Spidey Pointing Out His Situation And Action And Jonah Pointing Out His So Called Hypocritcy(Like That Billboard Of Him With Fisk As They Look All Buddy Buddy(Which Setted The Other Heroes Off)). We Also Have Villains Like The Enforcers Who Have Some Very Nice Depictions From Ryan Ottley. Spidey Handled Them Off. But, Was Beaten Thanks To Fancy Dan's Idea Of Distracting Him As He Tries To Kill Jameson. And Now We Have Some Return Of Some Villains Who Not Only Want A Piecev Of Spidey But Jameson As Well Such As Scorpion, The Big Man Foswell, And The Spider Slayers. And Besides That, We Also Have Some Appearances Of Robbie Robertson And Randy As They Celebrated The Holidays. But, Only Shortly Since His Wife Is Away On A Trip, His Son Is On A Date With Some Girl And Peter Had To Take Care Of Stuff With Jonah. We Also Have Some Nice Appearance From The Hippo. The Humor Was Also Really Hilarious With Some Relatable Situations Like Parents Fighting Over Toys For Their Children, Some Fleshed Out Dialogues From Each Characters Such As Spidey, Jonah, And The Enforcers. The Bit With Robbie Was Also Nice To. Love Having Him Around Being All Cool To Peter. The Art By Ryan Ottley Is As Great As Ever. Capturing Spidey, Peter, His Movements And Does Some Really Nice Job With The Action Scenes. Really Love His Take On Jonah. Really Love His Take On The Villains Such As The Enforcers. Really Nice To Have Ottley Back After So Long. Hope To See Him Continue More. Also, Someone Pointed Out That Randy's New Girl Might Be Felicia. n I'd Say That'd Be Crazy. What Do You All Think? But, Anyway, This Was A Really Brilliant Issue From Nick Spencer. One Of The Most Enjoyable From Him. And This Was One Of The Best Works I've Seen From Ottley. Truly Captures Spidey And His World And Truly Considers Himself A Classic. Really Great Issue. Can't Wait For The Next One To Wrap Things Up. Also Hope To See The Reveal Of The Mummified Insect Demon Since It Will Appear Next Issue.

For Miles Morales:Spider-Man:

For A While Now When Miles Was On A Leash From Bendis Since He Created Him, His Life Became Stale Once He Came To The 616 Universe. I Mean, His Story Under Bendis Was Really Uninteresting And The Last Couple Of Issues Were A Real Cluster. Like He Didn't Really Care. I Didn't Like Some Of The Things He Put Out Like His Father Being Involed With S.H.I.E.L.D. Instead Of Just Being A Normal Cop. His Involvement With S.H.I.E.L.D., Him Beating Blackheart Singlehandedly In The Most BS Way, Not Enough Of Him And Peter Together. His Counterpart Was Alright. Pretty Interesting. But, Now He's In Another World. And Since He Got Here, It Seems That They Can't Just Figure Out If Miles' Life Has Been Altered To The 616 Or Just Him Remebering All The Events Of His Life In The Ultimate Universe And Is Just Stuck Here. But, Now, With Bendis Gone. We Finally Have Ourselves A New Writer. One Who Could Do The Character Justice And Put Him In The Ranks And Success He Deserves. And That Is Saladin Ahmed. I'll Admit, I Was A Little Nervous when He Was Announced. I Mean, I Really Love His Black Bolt Series. But, His Other Stuff Like His Quicksilver And Exiles Became Much Weaker Than His Black Bolt And ASM Annual. Plus, As Some Of Us Here Knows, He Has A Personal Agenda. But, I Was Still Gonna Give Him A Chance And See What he Does. Afterall, He Does Have A Job Of Handling Such An Important Character. So, Let's Hope To See What He Does. And He Did A Pretty Solid Entry.

Okay, We See Miles Explaing To Us About His Life In The 616 Universe And His Time Facing Off Against The Inheritors During Spider-Geddon. Here, We Have Miles All Grown Up As A 17 Year Old(Or 18 Year Old) Hanging Out With His Friendfs Ganke And Judge. We Have Ganke Grown Up To Being Bigger But Hairy And More Focused On His Stuff Like Any Geek/Nerd Would Do. We Also Have Miles Being On A Date With Barbara. We Have Him Hanging Around With Her Cousin Ed. We See Him With His Mother While His Father Is Busy. We Also See Him Doing Superhero Stuff Like Saving Lives And Stopping Robberies. We Also See Him Encounter The Rhino With Their Fight As They Encounter Some New Group Of Villains Revealing Them To Be Captors Of Some Ethnic Or Immigrant Kids. And Rhino's Niece Might Be One Of Them Since Rhino Was A Russian Immigrant. So, This Was A Pretty Solid Issue. Here We Have Miles In His Day To Day Normal Life As A Young Half Black Half Latino Kid From Brooklyn Going To School, Hanging Out With His Friends, Doing Normal Teen Stuff And Meeting A Girl And Doing His Time As A Superhero. It Was Pretty Nice To See Some Touch On Some Ethnic Related Stuff Since They Try To Put Emphasis On That. Despite Ahmed Being One Of Those Writers With An Agenda, The Stuff With Immigration Was Nicely Well Handled Like How Miles' Mom Relates To Her Son Being In Danger. Pretty Normal For A Parent To React To That. We Also Found Out That Barabara's Cousin Ed Had His Father Deported And Is Trying To Get Back Home. Though, At The End, Those Group Of Villains Revealing To Be Mindcontrolled Kidnapped Ethnic Children And People Really Has Me Irked. WithThe Reveal And How Ahmed Is, I'm Really Concerned With How Much The Series Will Take. Hopefully Not Hard Enough. The Art by Javier Garron Was Really Nice To See. He Really Does Some Good Work On The Action Scenes And Fluidity. Really Like His Depictions Of Some Characters. REALLY Love His Depiction Of The Rhino. I Always Thought He'd Be Great On Spidey. He Was Great On Miles. But, I Think It's Pretty Weak Here. Hope He Tries To Give His All. All and All, Pretty Solid Entry. Pretty Solid First Issue. Hope It Turns Out Well Later On.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter

@marvelman92

@ursaber

@eto

@mizerous

@blackspidey2099

Captain Marvel #1 Tops Advance Reorders

Posted by Rich Johnston December 13, 2018 1 Comment

Greetings from the coal face of the direct comics market. Where retailers try to increase their orders of certain comics ahead of sale. Where supply and demand and most accurately reflected, where you can see which books are hot, where new orders are coming in and how retailers are reacting to new, unanticipated desire! And courtesy of stats from Diamond Comic Distributors.

There’s a movie coming. And a relaunched comic coming too. And retaielrs are starting to ramp up reorders for Captain Marvel #1, even more than Stanley Artgerm Lau‘s cover for Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man #1, Web Of Venom Unleashed#1, with Carol Danvers’ cover variants littering the rest of the chart.

There’s love for Criminal, Miles Morales seems to have done well enough with #1 for a bump on #2, and Uncanny X-Men, Thor and Avengers are putting on orders. And Die gets a big bump with upped orders on #1 second printing and Die #2.

TOP 25 ADVANCE REORDER COMICS/GRAPHIC NOVELS/TPS

PublicationPricePublisher
    CAPTAIN MARVEL #1$4.99MARVEL COMICS
    FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN #1 ARTGERM VAR$4.99MARVEL COMICS
    WEB OF VENOM UNLEASHED #1 BRADSHAW VAR$4.99MARVEL COMICS
    BATMAN #62 VAR ED$3.99DC COMICS
    CAPTAIN MARVEL #1 MOVIE VAR$4.99MARVEL COMICS
    CRIMINAL #1 (MR)$3.99IMAGE COMICS
    MILES MORALES SPIDER-MAN #2$3.99MARVEL COMICS
    YOUNG JUSTICE #1$4.99DC COMICS
    FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN #1$4.99MARVEL COMICS
    CAPTAIN MARVEL #1 TSAI VAR$4.99MARVEL COMICS
    CAPTAIN MARVEL #1 HUGHES VAR$4.99MARVEL COMICS
    UNCANNY X-MEN #9$3.99MARVEL COMICS
    AVENGERS #12$3.99MARVEL COMICS
    DIE #1 2ND PTG (MR)$3.99IMAGE COMICS
    THOR #9$3.99MARVEL COMICS
    DIE #2 CVR A HANS (MR)$3.99IMAGE COMICS
    MURDER FALCON #4 CVR B HEAVY METAL VAR$3.99IMAGE COMICS
    AVENGERS #12 MARVEL RISING ACTION DOLL HOMAGE VAR$3.99MARVEL COMICS
    YOUNG JUSTICE #1 SUPERBOY VAR ED$4.99DC COMICS
    WEB OF VENOM UNLEASHED #1$4.99MARVEL COMICS
    HARLEY QUINN #57 VAR ED$3.99DC COMICS
    DAREDEVIL #612 2ND PTG NOTO VAR$4.99MARVEL COMICS
    YOUNG JUSTICE #1 ROBIN VAR ED$4.99DC COMICS
    MARTIAN MANHUNTER #2 (OF 12) VAR ED$3.99DC COMICS
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #15$3.99DC COMICS

TOP 25 REORDER COMICS/GRAPHIC NOVELS/TPS

DESCRIPTIONSRPVENDOR
    BATMAN WHITE KNIGHT TP$19.99DC COMICS
    BATMAN THE GOLDEN AGE OMNIBUS HC VOL 06$125.00DC COMICS
    SILVER SURFER BY SLOTT AND ALLRED OMNIBUS HC$75.00MARVEL COMICS
    SAGA TP VOL 09 (MR)$14.99IMAGE COMICS
    MAUS SURVIVORS TALE COMPLETE HC (C: 1-1-0)$35.00RAW BOOKS AND GRAPHICS
    FIREFLY BIG DAMN HEROES BOX SET (C: 0-1-2)$150.00BOOM ENTERTAINMENT
    INFINITY GAUNTLET TP$24.99MARVEL COMICS
    BATMAN THE COURT OF OWLS SAGA ESSENTIAL EDITION TP$24.99DC COMICS
    SABRINA HC (MR)$27.95DRAWN & QUARTERLY
    MONSTRESS TP VOL 03 (MR)$16.99IMAGE COMICS
    MY HEROES HAVE ALWAYS BEEN JUNKIES HC (MR)$16.99IMAGE COMICS
    DISNEY MANGA NIGHTMARE CHRISTMAS ZEROS JOURNEY TP VOL 01 (C:$15.99TOKYOPOP
    HEROES IN CRISIS #3 (OF 9)$3.99DC COMICS
    MONSTRESS TP VOL 02 (MR)$16.99IMAGE COMICS
    DEAD MAN LOGAN #1 (OF 12)$4.99MARVEL COMICS
    BLACK HAMMER LIBRARY ED HC VOL 01 (C: 0-1-2)$49.99DARK HORSE COMICS
    DC NUCLEAR WINTER SPECIAL #1$9.99DC COMICS
    VENOM BY DONNY CATES TP VOL 01 REX$17.99MARVEL COMICS
    DARK NIGHTS METAL DELUXE ED HC$29.99DC COMICS
    MONSTRESS TP VOL 01 (MR)$9.99IMAGE COMICS
    SPIDER-VERSE TP$50.00MARVEL COMICS
    BATMAN BY GRANT MORRISON OMNIBUS HC VOL 01$75.00DC COMICS
    DIE DIE DIE #3 (MR)$3.99IMAGE COMICS
    DARK SOULS LEGENDS O/T FLAME TP$16.99TITAN COMICS
    DIE DIE DIE #1 (MR)$3.99IMAGE COMI
    animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37719  Edited By animehunter

@marvelman92:

Spider-Gwen: Gost-Spider #1-3: Did Anyone Else Here Feel That Gwen And MJ Were In A Relationship?

I certainly did, and I tweeted the writer to confirm, hopefully he'll reply to it.

Also, Someone Pointed Out That Randy's New Girl Might Be Felicia.

My money would be on Norah

This Was Another Solid Issue From Nock Spencer

Nock Spencer?

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
    deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92:

Did Anyone Else Here Feel That Gwen And MJ Were In A Relationship?

I certainly did, and I tweeted the writer to confirm, hopefully he'll reply to it.

I'm sorry which gwen & MJ you're talking about?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37721  Edited By animehunter
    @mrnihal said:
    @animehunter said:

@marvelman92:

The Gwen Stacy and Mary Jane from the universe that Spider-Gwen found herself trapped in, in Spider-Gwen: Ghost-Spider issues #1-3

While it wasn't outright shown, there was definitely some subtext and implying that they were a couple.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37723  Edited By animehunter
    @animehunter said:
    @mrnihal said:
    @animehunter said:

@marvelman92:

The Gwen Stacy and Mary Jane from the universe that Spider-Gwen found herself trapped in, in Spider-Gwen: Ghost-Spider issues #1-3

While it wasn't outright shown, there was definitely some subtext and implying that they were a couple.

Well I got a reply back, but it's not a confirmation, simply to say because he can't answer the question, it's left us, the reader, to interpret what he wrote.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92:

Spider-Gwen: Gost-Spider #1-3: Did Anyone Else Here Feel That Gwen And MJ Were In A Relationship?

Nock Spencer?

Norah? I Don't Know. Seems Obvious. I Mean, The Girl Has Been A Pain. Plus This Girl Could Be New. I'd Be Surprised If It Was Norah. And If Felicia Isn't Dating Randy, Then I Wonder Who Would It Be.

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter said:

@marvelman92:

Nock Spencer?

Norah? I Don't Know. Seems Obvious. I Mean, The Girl Has Been A Pain. Plus This Girl Could Be New. I'd Be Surprised If It Was Norah. And If Felicia Isn't Dating Randy, Then I Wonder Who Would It Be.

I've got a wild guess, and I think you'll like this one:

Janice Lincoln, aka the Beetle. Not only does she fulfill the "complicating the hero's life" niche in the same vein as Boomerang (but in a less accessible capacity for Peter to chase down) and already shown up at Mysterio's trial, but she has a few traits that I think would encourage Spencer (Who practically defined the character in Superior Foes) to use her.

• She is well-known for her penchant of hooking up with and dating divorced, middle-aged wash-ups. (Remember that Randy was married and divorced right before the Mackie/Byrne reboot, and Janice had a semi-long term fling with Ant-Man.)
    • Randy is a social worker, and would see a woman who fights to give people a second chance (Supervillains especially) as a very reliable partner in the long-term.
    • Her father is Tombstone, who Robbie has a long and complicated history with from the Conway/Romita era. Which opens up the door for a lot of juicy storytelling and subplots.
    MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quilsniv said:
    @marvelman92 said:
    @animehunter said:

@marvelman92:

Nock Spencer?

I've got a wild guess, and I think you'll like this one:

Janice Lincoln, aka the Beetle. Not only does she fulfill the "complicating the hero's life" niche in the same vein as Boomerang (but in a less accessible capacity for Peter to chase down) and already shown up at Mysterio's trial, but she has a few traits that I think would encourage Spencer (Who practically defined the character in Superior Foes) to use her.

• She is well-known for her penchant of hooking up with and dating divorced, middle-aged wash-ups. (Remember that Randy was married and divorced right before the Mackie/Byrne reboot, and Janice had a semi-long term fling with Ant-Man.)
    • Randy is a social worker, and would see a woman who fights to give people a second chance (Supervillains especially) as a very reliable partner in the long-term.
    • Her father is Tombstone, who Robbie has a long and complicated history with from the Conway/Romita era. Which opens up the door for a lot of juicy storytelling and subplots.

Oh Wow. That Is Actually A REALLY Good Choice. Man, I'd Love To See That. Sounds Really Great To See. I Thought Him And Felicia Would Be Something. But, THIS Sounds Interesting.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37730  Edited By animehunter
    ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37732  Edited By ZariusII

@animehunter said:
    @animehunter said:
    @mrnihal said:
    @animehunter said:

@marvelman92:

Well I got a reply back, but it's not a confirmation, simply to say because he can't answer the question, it's left us, the reader, to interpret what he wrote.

I'll just interpret it as the two being pretty close....almost sisterly even. It's far too easy to think of them like lesbians. I'm not homphobic, but I'm really tired of MJ being portrayed as gay in every universe where she isn't interested in Peter. Given her Peter makes MJ laugh at the end of the issue, I'll generally just keep 'shipping them there too.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37733  Edited By animehunter

@zariusii: And I agree with you, believe me when I say, I don't go looking for this, it's just how I interpreted it as the story went along. and you know me, I try to look at all the evidence before I make a decision, and right now it's only an implication and not a confirmation. So if evidence does comes up, which is unlikely right now, that says she's not in a relationship with Gwen, then that's fine with me.

and I definitely don't consider you homophobic and I'm sorry you had to say that you're not.

But I do have to be honest, Peter from that universe making MJ laugh, I wouldn't consider as proof of her being interested in him in that way. It's just that there was more in regards to Mary Jane's and Gwen's relationship then there was with Mary Jane and Peter, who as you know I will always ship, ALWAYS.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37734  Edited By ZariusII

@animehunter said:

@zariusii: And I agree with you, believe me when I say, I don't go looking for this, it's just how I interpreted it as the story went along. and you know me, I try to look at all the evidence before I make a decision, and right now it's only an implication and not a confirmation. So if evidence does comes up, which is unlikely right now, that says she's not in a relationship with Gwen, then that's fine with me.

and I definitely don't consider you homophobic and I'm sorry you had to say that you're not.

But I do have to be honest, Peter from that universe making MJ laugh, I wouldn't consider as proof of her being interested in him in that way. It's just that there was more in regards to Mary Jane's and Gwen's relationship then there was with Mary Jane and Peter, who as you know I will always ship, ALWAYS.

That's fine mate, everyone is free to interpret however they want...just always feels a little convenient it's always THAT option. There's basis for versions of MJ in canon (Spider-Gwen, Exiles), but MJ and Gwen really were more frenemies than close friends, that applies to 616 as much as Spider-Gwen's universe with her own Em Jay, who's just now starting to come into her own as an ally...and she's supposed to be gay too. It's like Marvel is trying to make an argument that it's only Peter that measures up in her view of men, and that it's her interest and love for him that's the only thing preventing her from coming out

I just threw in the "I'm not homophobic" line because of how touchy-feely others are about coming out and taking what some say about being tired of a certain perspective too much to heart and think it means they're being vindictive. I know you too well to know you'd never accuse me of that, but it's just for other's sake.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

@animehunter

@marvelman92

@ursaber

@eto

@mizerous

@blackspidey2099

Chris Bachalo on Amazing Spider-Man #14 and Other Marvel Comics Ch-Ch-Changes

Web Of Venom Unleashed #1 will now be drawn by Juan Gedeon, in addition to the previously solicited Kyle Hotz.

Amazing Spider-Man #14 will be drawn entirely by Chris Bachalo, instead of the previously solicited Ryan Ottley.

Got a reply from Ottley regarding Chris Bachalo being the artist for #14

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

@animehunter

@marvelman92

@ursaber

@eto

@mizerous

@blackspidey2099

Chris Bachalo on Amazing Spider-Man #14 and Other Marvel Comics Ch-Ch-Changes

Web Of Venom Unleashed #1 will now be drawn by Juan Gedeon, in addition to the previously solicited Kyle Hotz.

Amazing Spider-Man #14 will be drawn entirely by Chris Bachalo, instead of the previously solicited Ryan Ottley.

Got a reply from Ottley regarding Chris Bachalo being the artist for #14

I Really Like Bachalo. He's A Fine Artist. But, I'm Really Upset That Ryan Ottley Is Getting Some Fill-ins Here. Really Love His Work And Was Hoping To See More. But, If He Is Gonna Get Filled In. Then I Hope To See Either David Marquez, Greg Smallwood, Sara Pichelli, Or Daniel Acuna Be Part Of This.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37740  Edited By animehunter

I think we just found out whose the artist for #17-21, it's Humberto Ramos

The Amazing Spider-Man Will Be 'Hunted!' in 2019

https://www.cbr.com/amazing-spider-man-hunted-2019-teaser/

A teaser from Marvel Comics released on Friday hints at a brand-new adventure for the Amazing Spider-Man, but it's one he probably won't like very much. Come 2019, presumably once the Marvel Universe has been cleansed of spider-eating monsters, Spider-Man will be hunted by his old nemesis Kraven the Hunter.

The teaser reveals Spider-Man's head mounted on a wall alongside several villains. Meanwhile, Kraven sits below on a chair made from bones and monster hides, apparently enjoying the atmosphere of his grim little room. The teaser offers little more than the word "hunted" in terms of an explanation, but the release date is slated for March 2019.

Perhaps the most interesting aspect of the teaser is the mounted heads. Or, more precisely, the identities of those who have been killed and mounted, as they are all either villains or occasional antiheroes. The deceased villains whose heads have been turned into trophies include the likes of Black Cat, Vulture, Scorpion and Puma, among others.

RELATED: Marvel Will Finally Answer a Decades-Long Spider-Man Mystery

The Amazing Spider-Man has been threatening the return of Kraven the Hunter for several months now. It looks like when he returns, he will be hunting the most dangerous game, man, made all the more dangerous by the fact that the people he will be hunting are themselves incredibly dangerous.

Some time ago, Kraven turned vigilante in the pages of The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, calling himself the Unhuntable Sergei. Perhaps hunting the villains of New York City is the next, uh, somewhat logical step in his journey to a thing that is almost like altruism. The event will be helmed by Nick Spencer and Humberto Ramos.

-

@ursaber, @quilsniv, @zariusii, @blackspidey2099, @eto@mizerous, @marvelman92, @Elbarto17

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: Seems interesting enough, but ugh... did Ramos have to be doing the art?

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yo.

Hey mah dudes.

Welcome back Elbarto. Spectacular Spider-Man #6, #7/LGY297-LGY299, LGY308-310 were fantastic, LGY300-307 were okay., LGY311-313 is a new creative team doing a Spider-Geddon tie-in and is one of my favorite Spider-Man stories (in recent times, if not ever).

Whether or not you like Mr. Spencer on ASM depends on how you liked his Ant-Man/Superior Foes. If you love his humor, it'll be so fantastic. If you're not such a fan, then when he emphasizes heartfelt moments and in some comedic ones, it really sells; otherwise, it falls flat or feels like characters being changed for the sake of a gag.

Spider-Geddon is pretty good, it really feels like a smaller event, which is nice. I think I'd be giving too much away if I said more than each and every tie-in is hugely important to the story (not make or break, but it'll definitely be much more coherent if you read them). Anyway, welcome back!

@Elbarto17: @bjparks:HEY GUYS!!!!!!!!!! WHERE THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN!?! Ah Well. Anyway, We've Had Some Really Good Releases Of Some Spider-Related Titles Such As Spider-Force, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Girls, PP:SM, ASM, And Miles Morales:Spider-Man. Here Are My Thoughts.

For Spider-Force:

Really Interesting Issue. The Issue Takes Place Before Issues # 4 And 5 Of Spider-Geddon. Really Interesting To How Chhristopher Priest Handles Kaine. He's A Clone And Not Like Peter. But, With More Of A Conscience. I Also Like The Bit With Charlie Planning To Make A Move On The Inheritors Like A Game Of Pokemon. Hope We See More Of Charlie In The Later Series. I Also Find It Sad That John Jameson Was Killed By Verna As She Was Resurrected.Also Nice To See Jessica Thinking About Her Kid. All And All, Really Interesting Issue. Can't Wait To See How Things End. And i Really Hope That Christopher Priest Handles Kaine In A Possible Relaunch As Well As Ben Reily.

For Spider-Gwen:

Pretty Interesting Issue. Really Nice. We Learn That Betty And Glory Of This World Are Journalistic Reporters And vAre Slightly Older Than Spider-Gwen's Counterparts. We See Gwen And MJ Working Together And Try And Stop This World's Gwen. Really Like Hows MJ Was Feisty And Aggressive Yet Kind And Helpful. Kinda Like The MJ We All Know. And The MJ Spider-Gwen's World Should Be. Anyway, Gwen Goblin Reverted Back To Her Normal Self As MJ Tries To Talk Her Through It. Betty And Glory Were Kind Enough Not To Reveal Anything. And So, Gwen Gets Back To Help The Other Spiders Thanks To This World's Gwen Creating A Portal Device With Her Blood. And So Gwen Goes Home With The Three Counterparts Of Her, MJ, And Peter Staring As The Portal Closes. All And All, A Pretty Good Issue. Really Nice Story Here Between Gwen And Her Counterpart. But The Thing That Gripe Me Was That If Harry Was Killed, Why Hasn't People Like Betty And Glory Knew That He Was Spider-Man? I Mean, Haven't They Got Any DNA In The Crime Scene? Also, Gwen Was Pretty Hard On Peter. Reasonable With Her Situation. But, Felt Pretty Bad For Him With How She Responded Since She Got Here. Also, Did Anyone Else Here Feel That Gwen And MJ Were In A Relationship? Also, The Fight Between Gwen And Her Counterpart Could've Been Longer. All And All, Pretty Good Issue. Can't Wait To See How It All Ends.

For Spider-Girls:

A Pretty Solid Entry And Conclusion To This Series. I Like How Annie Tries To Take So Much Responsibility After Her Years Of Being A Spider-Hero. Like This Is Suppose To Be The Most Important Task Of Her Life. And So She Connects With The Scroll And The Portal Opens Up And Thanks To Her The Web Of Destiny Has Been Resurrected Once Her, May Day, And Anya Have Been Sent To The Remaining Headquarters Of Karn. I Really Like How They Brough Back The Goblin Machine Normie Had Back In The Last Issue Of RYV. I Also Really Like How Annie Opened Up To May Day Finally Reconnecting As Sisters(But, from Other Worlds). It Was Also A Relief To Have Normie And The Rest Of The Victims Survive. But, I Do Wonder That Since The Vampire Twins Are Now Stuck In This World Does That Mean We Are Getting That As Part Of A Relaunch. But, Anyway, With The Portal Open, The Spiders Can Now Fully Assemble Including The 616 Version. Really Hope To See Peter Of That World Interact With The RYV Versions Of Himself, MJ, And Annie. Anyway, Pretty Solid Issue. Pretty Solid Conclusion. Really Great Art. Congrats On Jody For This Series. And I Really Hope To See Where This All Ends.

For PP:SM:

Man, Do I REALLY Love This Issue. I Really Love How Peter Is In This issue. Intelligent, Cunning, Clever, Smart, Strong, And Of Course Witty. Outsmarting Morlun And Beating Him In A Very Classic Way. I Also Love The Speech He Made To Him Once He Beated Him. It Was Really Badass And Everything Spidey Should Be. I Really Love How The Stakes Were High Between Him And Morlun. And I Really Love How Their Battle Ended With Morlun Wearing A Ridiculous Shirt And Ripped Pants As He's Being Beaten By Spidey. That Shows True Humiliation Of A Guy Who's Suppose To Be Deemed As Invincible And Superior. Really A Classic Way Of How Your Foe Or Oppoenent Is On The Verge Of Being Beaten. I Also Really Like How Jameson Has Been Involved In This Especially Towards The End As He Tries To Offer Him A Ride Home. I Also Really Love How The Swat Team Try To Help Out Spidey. Very Cool. I Also Love The Ending Where Peter Tries To Take A Deserved Rest When Spider-Gwen Tries To Bring Him In To Help The Other Spider-People. Feels Very Real And Relatable When You Read His Thoughts. Feels Like How We Feel In A Tired Situation. The Art By Juan Figiri Is Some of The Best Art I've Seen In A Spider-Man Work. Really Captures His Fluidity And The Battle Sequences Were Actually More Organic. Felt Actionworthy. The Stakes, The Battle Scars, The Bruises, Everything Really. Feels Like How A Battle Feels. Would Really Like To See Figiri Do More Spider-Man Work. All And All, This Was A Really Good Issue And A Nice Solid Tie In Arc. Felt Like a Very Classic Spider-Man Story With Hero Vs Villain. In Trade Paper Back, This Would Be Very Nice And Refreshing To Read. Sean Ryan Really Outdone Himself. Really Sad To See This Series End. But, This Was Really Great Otherwise. Hope He Does More Spider-Man Related Work. Same Goes For Juan Figiri. Hope Tom Taylor Does Well On His FNSM Series. All And All, Really Great Issue. HIGHLY Recommend The Trade Paper Back.

For ASM:

This Was Another Solid Issue From Nock Spencer. Really One Of The Funniest I've Checked Out. We See That The Story Takes Place On Christmas. And What Better Way To Conclude The Year With The Month Of That Holiday. Anyway, I Was Pretty Skeptical And A Bit Concerned With How They Would Handle Jonah Now That He's Pro Spider-Man. And Thankfully I Have To Say That Even When He's Now Pro-spidey, He's Still The Same Jolly Ol'Jameson we All Know Him As. Loudmouth, Ranting, Enthusiestic, Fully Of Energy, Yet A Bit Egotistical As Others Pointed Out And Quick To Even Side With Guys Like Fisk As He Brought Hiom Back To The True Position Of His Honor In This Celebration. It's Also Nice To See That His Relationship With Spidey Is Still As Entertaining As Ever With Spidey Pointing Out His Situation And Action And Jonah Pointing Out His So Called Hypocritcy(Like That Billboard Of Him With Fisk As They Look All Buddy Buddy(Which Setted The Other Heroes Off)). We Also Have Villains Like The Enforcers Who Have Some Very Nice Depictions From Ryan Ottley. Spidey Handled Them Off. But, Was Beaten Thanks To Fancy Dan's Idea Of Distracting Him As He Tries To Kill Jameson. And Now We Have Some Return Of Some Villains Who Not Only Want A Piecev Of Spidey But Jameson As Well Such As Scorpion, The Big Man Foswell, And The Spider Slayers. And Besides That, We Also Have Some Appearances Of Robbie Robertson And Randy As They Celebrated The Holidays. But, Only Shortly Since His Wife Is Away On A Trip, His Son Is On A Date With Some Girl And Peter Had To Take Care Of Stuff With Jonah. We Also Have Some Nice Appearance From The Hippo. The Humor Was Also Really Hilarious With Some Relatable Situations Like Parents Fighting Over Toys For Their Children, Some Fleshed Out Dialogues From Each Characters Such As Spidey, Jonah, And The Enforcers. The Bit With Robbie Was Also Nice To. Love Having Him Around Being All Cool To Peter. The Art By Ryan Ottley Is As Great As Ever. Capturing Spidey, Peter, His Movements And Does Some Really Nice Job With The Action Scenes. Really Love His Take On Jonah. Really Love His Take On The Villains Such As The Enforcers. Really Nice To Have Ottley Back After So Long. Hope To See Him Continue More. Also, Someone Pointed Out That Randy's New Girl Might Be Felicia. n I'd Say That'd Be Crazy. What Do You All Think? But, Anyway, This Was A Really Brilliant Issue From Nick Spencer. One Of The Most Enjoyable From Him. And This Was One Of The Best Works I've Seen From Ottley. Truly Captures Spidey And His World And Truly Considers Himself A Classic. Really Great Issue. Can't Wait For The Next One To Wrap Things Up. Also Hope To See The Reveal Of The Mummified Insect Demon Since It Will Appear Next Issue.

For Miles Morales:Spider-Man:

For A While Now When Miles Was On A Leash From Bendis Since He Created Him, His Life Became Stale Once He Came To The 616 Universe. I Mean, His Story Under Bendis Was Really Uninteresting And The Last Couple Of Issues Were A Real Cluster. Like He Didn't Really Care. I Didn't Like Some Of The Things He Put Out Like His Father Being Involed With S.H.I.E.L.D. Instead Of Just Being A Normal Cop. His Involvement With S.H.I.E.L.D., Him Beating Blackheart Singlehandedly In The Most BS Way, Not Enough Of Him And Peter Together. His Counterpart Was Alright. Pretty Interesting. But, Now He's In Another World. And Since He Got Here, It Seems That They Can't Just Figure Out If Miles' Life Has Been Altered To The 616 Or Just Him Remebering All The Events Of His Life In The Ultimate Universe And Is Just Stuck Here. But, Now, With Bendis Gone. We Finally Have Ourselves A New Writer. One Who Could Do The Character Justice And Put Him In The Ranks And Success He Deserves. And That Is Saladin Ahmed. I'll Admit, I Was A Little Nervous when He Was Announced. I Mean, I Really Love His Black Bolt Series. But, His Other Stuff Like His Quicksilver And Exiles Became Much Weaker Than His Black Bolt And ASM Annual. Plus, As Some Of Us Here Knows, He Has A Personal Agenda. But, I Was Still Gonna Give Him A Chance And See What he Does. Afterall, He Does Have A Job Of Handling Such An Important Character. So, Let's Hope To See What He Does. And He Did A Pretty Solid Entry.

Okay, We See Miles Explaing To Us About His Life In The 616 Universe And His Time Facing Off Against The Inheritors During Spider-Geddon. Here, We Have Miles All Grown Up As A 17 Year Old(Or 18 Year Old) Hanging Out With His Friendfs Ganke And Judge. We Have Ganke Grown Up To Being Bigger But Hairy And More Focused On His Stuff Like Any Geek/Nerd Would Do. We Also Have Miles Being On A Date With Barbara. We Have Him Hanging Around With Her Cousin Ed. We See Him With His Mother While His Father Is Busy. We Also See Him Doing Superhero Stuff Like Saving Lives And Stopping Robberies. We Also See Him Encounter The Rhino With Their Fight As They Encounter Some New Group Of Villains Revealing Them To Be Captors Of Some Ethnic Or Immigrant Kids. And Rhino's Niece Might Be One Of Them Since Rhino Was A Russian Immigrant. So, This Was A Pretty Solid Issue. Here We Have Miles In His Day To Day Normal Life As A Young Half Black Half Latino Kid From Brooklyn Going To School, Hanging Out With His Friends, Doing Normal Teen Stuff And Meeting A Girl And Doing His Time As A Superhero. It Was Pretty Nice To See Some Touch On Some Ethnic Related Stuff Since They Try To Put Emphasis On That. Despite Ahmed Being One Of Those Writers With An Agenda, The Stuff With Immigration Was Nicely Well Handled Like How Miles' Mom Relates To Her Son Being In Danger. Pretty Normal For A Parent To React To That. We Also Found Out That Barabara's Cousin Ed Had His Father Deported And Is Trying To Get Back Home. Though, At The End, Those Group Of Villains Revealing To Be Mindcontrolled Kidnapped Ethnic Children And People Really Has Me Irked. WithThe Reveal And How Ahmed Is, I'm Really Concerned With How Much The Series Will Take. Hopefully Not Hard Enough. The Art by Javier Garron Was Really Nice To See. He Really Does Some Good Work On The Action Scenes And Fluidity. Really Like His Depictions Of Some Characters. REALLY Love His Depiction Of The Rhino. I Always Thought He'd Be Great On Spidey. He Was Great On Miles. But, I Think It's Pretty Weak Here. Hope He Tries To Give His All. All and All, Pretty Solid Entry. Pretty Solid First Issue. Hope It Turns Out Well Later On.

I appreciate the warm welcome back! I've been busy and all, but I'm here again.

I loved PP:TSSM as well! Peak Spidey right there! Spider-Force and Spider-Gwen were great as well. Miles Morales I'm feeling very neutral about. On the one hand, the author is clearly making social commentary on the immigration situation happening in America, which I respect. It doesn't feel too heavy handed, but at the same time, it's too obvious to be subtle. That removes me a little from the story, not necessarily in a bad way, but more like in a Deadpool way. Otherwise, it was engaging enough, but not really stellar either. Then again, it's the first issue, so I'll reserve my judgement.

Now, on to Nick Spencer's Spider-Man. Sigh. After thinking for a while, I've come to the conclusion that every single issue has had this double-edged sword feeling to it. On the one hand, Mr. Spencer clearly cares about bringing some of the heart back to Spider-Man that we hoped for in the relaunch. On the other hand...I feel like the humor might be getting in the way of the story at times.

For instance, in ASM #11,

Jonah makes two sets of hypocritical statements one immediately after the other. Clearly, Jonah has always been hypocritical, it's been part of his demeanor since the Lee-Ditko days (Rest in Peace to both of them). But a) he's always had a heart of gold and followed his moral compass, as twisted as it is, and b) he's never been that blatantly hypocritical. Depicting him like that makes him a 2D parody of himself, at best childishly absentminded and at worst deliberately self-serving. But it's clear the scene is stretched that way for comedic effect. Same thing with Spider-Man and the billboard. The obvious irony is stretched for comedic effect in a way that's been so over-used (for me at least) that it takes me out of the story. There are some truly great moments in #11. For example, Jonah getting in the way, Robbie and Peter sharing a heart-to-heart, Fisk trying to undermine Spider-Man subtly as always, etc. etc. . But it seems like to some extent every character has been, I dunno, sitcom-ized, and I'm not always a big fan of the way it's done.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:
    @ursaber said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:

So, I finally read today's comics, and I really enjoyed both ASM and Arachknight today! I really liked the moment between Felicia and Peter at the end.

As did all of us. This issue was a great storytelling experience. This is the kind of stuff I want to read about. Spencer's best Spider-Man issue to date. I'd say its a few kinks away from matching Zdarsky's Spectacular 6.

Yeah, I really liked the character moments, but the main plot was pretty dumb imo. The Thieves Guild can steal all of this heavy weaponry and tech, but they can't disable Ms. Marvel's Find My iPhone?

I guess they don't tinker with their prizes. Man I hate these young heroes. Wish they had never existed.

As for story, yeah I guess I was referring to the character development since I pretty much ignored the threat or presence of the Thieves Guild entirely. For me, the character paths were the story.

Blame that on Marvel wanting their very own Teen Titans...

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter said:

@marvelman92:

Nock Spencer?

I would love to see Felicia date Clint Barton....

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think we just found out whose the artist for #17-21, it's Humberto Ramos

The Amazing Spider-Man Will Be 'Hunted!' in 2019

https://www.cbr.com/amazing-spider-man-hunted-2019-teaser/

A teaser from Marvel Comics released on Friday hints at a brand-new adventure for the Amazing Spider-Man, but it's one he probably won't like very much. Come 2019, presumably once the Marvel Universe has been cleansed of spider-eating monsters, Spider-Man will be hunted by his old nemesis Kraven the Hunter.

The teaser reveals Spider-Man's head mounted on a wall alongside several villains. Meanwhile, Kraven sits below on a chair made from bones and monster hides, apparently enjoying the atmosphere of his grim little room. The teaser offers little more than the word "hunted" in terms of an explanation, but the release date is slated for March 2019.

Perhaps the most interesting aspect of the teaser is the mounted heads. Or, more precisely, the identities of those who have been killed and mounted, as they are all either villains or occasional antiheroes. The deceased villains whose heads have been turned into trophies include the likes of Black Cat, Vulture, Scorpion and Puma, among others.

RELATED: Marvel Will Finally Answer a Decades-Long Spider-Man Mystery

The Amazing Spider-Man has been threatening the return of Kraven the Hunter for several months now. It looks like when he returns, he will be hunting the most dangerous game, man, made all the more dangerous by the fact that the people he will be hunting are themselves incredibly dangerous.

Some time ago, Kraven turned vigilante in the pages of The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, calling himself the Unhuntable Sergei. Perhaps hunting the villains of New York City is the next, uh, somewhat logical step in his journey to a thing that is almost like altruism. The event will be helmed by Nick Spencer and Humberto Ramos.

-

@ursaber, @quilsniv, @zariusii, @blackspidey2099, @eto@mizerous, @marvelman92, @Elbarto17

Seems Like A Really Interesting Story. Like The Most Dangerous Game Inspired Story. But, Why Humberto Ramos? He's Fine Enough For Dramatic And Suspenseful Stories. But, He's Not What I Considering Very Fitting. I Really Think They Should

ve Considered Either David Marquez Or Adam Kubert. Or Heck, Maybe Let Ryan Ottley Stay For This Arc As A Classic Comeback To Invincible. Anyone Would Be Better Than Ramos.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92 said:
    @animehunter said:

@marvelman92:

Nock Spencer?

I would love to see Felicia date Clint Barton....

Felicia And Clint.....Heh, That'd Be Pretty Funny To See.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:
    @ursaber said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:

So, I finally read today's comics, and I really enjoyed both ASM and Arachknight today! I really liked the moment between Felicia and Peter at the end.

As did all of us. This issue was a great storytelling experience. This is the kind of stuff I want to read about. Spencer's best Spider-Man issue to date. I'd say its a few kinks away from matching Zdarsky's Spectacular 6.

Yeah, I really liked the character moments, but the main plot was pretty dumb imo. The Thieves Guild can steal all of this heavy weaponry and tech, but they can't disable Ms. Marvel's Find My iPhone?

I guess they don't tinker with their prizes. Man I hate these young heroes. Wish they had never existed.

As for story, yeah I guess I was referring to the character development since I pretty much ignored the threat or presence of the Thieves Guild entirely. For me, the character paths were the story.

Blame that on Marvel wanting their very own Teen Titans...

They Also Seem To Be The Ones Claim For Diversity As Some Have Seem To Claim. And I Kinda See The Issue Here. Personally, I Never Saw A Team For Diversity And What They Are. All I Ever Saw Were Miles Morales, Kamala Khan, Sam Alexander, Amadeus Cho, Nadia Pym, Viv, And Riri Williams. I Never Even Saw Nor Focused On They're Race. Just Who They Are And Who They Try To Be. I Thought That They Were A Team Trying To Live Up To The Series. I Mean, It's Fine To Tackle Real World Issues. But, With The Upcoming Relaunch Adding Some Newly Diverse And Cultural Type Characters, I Think Their Group Has Become Pretty Clear. I Always Thought That The Young Avengers Were Marvel's Answer To Teen Titans. But, They Made It Clear That Champions Was. Hope The Relaunch Does Well Though.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37750  Edited By ZariusII

@animehunter

@marvelman92

@ursaber

@eto

@mizerous

@blackspidey2099

Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 16th December 2018 – Batman Damned Beats The One Who Laughs

This is the Top Ten Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, as compiled by a number of comic stores from their sales on Wednesday and Thursday. It measures what are known as the “Wednesday Warriors”, those who can’t wait till the weekend to get this week’s comics. We salute you, and the keenness you bring to your passion.

And it was close but Batman Damned #2 beats The Batman Who Laughs #2 – but only just. And the Batman Annual made it three for three, not even Spider-Man could break that trinity this week. And Tom King isn’t even around…

1. Batman Damned #2
    2. The Batman Who Laughs #1
    3. Batman Annual #3
    4. Amazing Spider-Man #11
    5. Superman #6
    6. Miles Morales Spider-Man #1
    7. Detective Comics #994
    8. Avengers #11
    9. Justice League Dark #6
    10. Fantastic Four Wedding Special #1

Thanks to the following retailers,

And this is what they have to say,

The week belonged to BATMAN, taking 4 of the top 10 books. Biggest mistake of the week was my ordering of the FF WEDDING SPECIAL. Not a good year for comic book weddings, I figured ‘at least all my regular FF readers will buy it, plus maybe a few extras that are curious?’

NOPE – $5 book died on the shelf I would have done better playing the horses with that money. Evidently there is no such thing as ‘REGULAR FF READERS’ as the book is constantly delayed, can’t find a regular artist and there is no REGULAR NUMBER because it drops with every issue they produce. Plus the Wedding Special was a train wreck anyway, can’t blame the customers I should have CUT to sell out first week instead of having any faith in it. Plenty of money lost…

On the flip side everyone is digging Tomasi on Detective – hope it leads to a strong DETECTIVE COMICS #1000 event…

——

Batman is back on Top this week at FFF taking FIVE of the Top Ten spots on our bestseller list. Batman Who Laughs actually outsold Batman Damned, but both sold over fifty copies more than the third place book, Amazing Spider-Man. Batman Damned doesn’t seemed to have slowed down as we’ve actually seen people who came in to our shop for the first time for #1 come back for the second issue. It hasn’t sold as quickly as #1 did, but over the next week I expect we’ll almost all of our remaining copies. The Batman Annual this week tied with Amazing which is no surprise as people are loving Tom King’s run (even after the whole wedding thing). It’s pretty wild to see him maintain the numbers he has this far into his run. Detective Comics still sells well as well, placing just behind the Annual in terms of copies sold. I imagine as we get closer to #1000 we’ll see an uptick in sales on the title. Miles Morales hit the Top Ten close to the middle. Into the Spider-Verse has definitely brought some curious readers in looking for something like the film and it’s a nice change of pace to actually have a new #1 to suggest along with tried and true trades. All in all, even though the major share of this week’s sales went to DC (and Batman in particular, it’s nice to see Marvel books both hold solid numbers and start out strong. It feels like this could be a positive change in direction for sure.

——

Batman “D Word” (as a customer said to me one day this week) ruled the roost. In fact, Batman took the top 3 slots without the main title even. Batman Annual sold okay, but lots of people put it back because it appeared to have no relation to the current story and also no Tom King. Spider-Man made a smaller impact but nevertheless still took 3 top slots with Miles leading the sales. I noticed lots of new readers gravitating towards him. I think we’ve reached a point where he speaks more to new readers and Peter is a little more abstract.

——

Not a bad week. Batman Damned #2 dropped sales wise for us big time. Good weather is helping sales at least.

——

The top half of the list is dominated by DC and Marvel’s respective top franchises: Batman and Spider-Man. Of biggest note are the first issues, BATMAN WHO LAUGHS and MILES MORALES SPIDER-MAN both opened with good numbers at our store.

The second half of the list is more very familiar faces, with the likes of SUPERMAN, THE FLASH, and some X-MEN. This is the farewell issue of X-MEN RED, a book I am quite sad to see the end of.

——

Indie action/fantasy series Head Lopper had a great week, making it to number 3 on our bestsellers list! That’s no small feat. With the movie out this week, the first issue of Miles Morales: Spider-Man also did well! Unsurprisingly, the two Batman titles led in sales this week, including the previously controversial Batman: Damned. The new Vertigo series, Goddess Mode, also made it onto our list this week.

——

DC wins the week on a 6/4 split with Marvel–but DC also managed to take our store’s Top Three with a Batman triumvirate. Batman: Damned #2 scores a big win, selling more copies on day one than the first issue did (and that’s even without any sort of nudity controversy). Fantastic Four Wedding Special comes in at fourth place, beating a trio of great Spider-Man books to establish itself as Marvel’s best-selling book for the week. Independent titles got pushed way to the bottom of the list, with Magic Order the only indy to place in our store’s top twenty.

——

Excellent sales week. The holiday season is bringing us more customers. Doomsday Clock took the top spot. Batman fell to 4th place. People did not like the fact there were so many X titles this week. Walking Dead 186 still made it in the top ten. Team Sonic Racing 1 makes an appearance for IDW. Not Marvel’s week with only two titles in the top ten.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.