Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#2401  Edited By PunyParker

@danslott said:

@punyparker said:

Yeah......."people here".......you arent dick-ish at all too.......he posted a pic,you wont answer OTHER peoples' questions.....yeah.....aren't at -shocking- all....

Whoa. So you're definition of "dick-ish" is "not answering other people's questions"?

Really? That's the bar where you set "dick-ish"? C'mon. I'm not your "answer-monkey." I've answered a number of your questions in the past. There's no law here-- and I'm under NO obligation-- to answer any of them. Especially some of the questions that you, yourself, have asked in a very loaded way.

Look, I have to get out two to three books a month-- and working on those with my creative team and sweating over all the details-- THAT'S how I'm going to spend most of time at this keyboard. Any time I spend on the internet is extra. I am on a number of sites and I answer a lot of questions over there. Most of the time I spend online interacting with fans are over at Twitter, FB, and CBR (in that order. I also do Formspring once in a blue moon). That's my choice.

Most of the time I'm here on ComicVine it's primarily for 1 reason-- someone is posting some insane shit about the numbers and/or ranking of our book-- stuff that is so off in Conspiracy Loony Land-- that it reaches the point where I pop up and set the record straight. For 9 months we've had what has consistently been Marvel's BEST performing ongoing title. Outside of the GOTG issue that tied into Age of Ultron, brought in a controversial character from the Spawn Universe, AND was co-guest-written by Neil Gaiman, we've had a pretty good streak-- TWICE a month to boot. Everyone in the industry, the trades, the comic web sites, and the majority of the fan base take this as an indisputable fact. For no other reason than... it is. :-)

But there are some out there who feel the need to fabricate some pretty loopy and labyrinthine logic-- where they hold up the (inaccurate) numbers from the monthly estimates and try to convince you that black is white, white is black, and-- basically-- that a book that's doing something that they don't personally like (story-wise) is failing.

They chart this stuff and try to prove to you that since our first issues sold so well-- and sales for those past issues kept INCREASING due to going back to press a number of times OUT OF DEMAND-- that the sales of the current and later issues are POORER (even when they're still the HIGHEST sales for Marvel ongoing titles in those months). It's one of the cleverest ways I've seen someone spin something that everyone else thinks is a STRENGTH and present it as a WEAKNESS since the Swiftboaters made Senator John Kerry's purple hearts sound like a BAD thing.

They try to pass off the standard attrition of any Top 50 title as something UNIQUE to Superior Spider-Man (which is INSANE).

And those are just a couple examples of some of the shell games I see going on here. I'd cite more, but, dear God, that'd have me typing this ALL DAY! (And, oh boy, are they going to have a field day with the September rankings-- where DC practically doubled their output during villain month, with books tied to their Forever Evil event, and released them with a low supply of 3D covers-- causing a mad scramble by retailers to get copies-- and way over-inflating demand. That "Perfect Storm" of criteria is going to see DC books throw the entire September numbers out of whack and play havoc with normal rankings. It probably won't be till the August numbers are released that you'll see the big picture of how much Villains Month altered the regular "weather patterns"-- so to speak. But whatever the case, it will provide the Chicken Littles of the world LOTS of fodder for whatever arguments they'd like to make.)

Look, while the numbers these dissenters are using for a lot of their charts ARE the same numbers that other web sites and places online use to conduct their analyses-- what's really at fault (and I've been consistent about saying this) is their CRITERIA for WHY those numbers perform one way or the other-- their basic lack of knowledge of how the comic industry works and their assumptions for WHY things track the way they do can be laughable. And that's when I feel the need to pop in here, for no other reason than to sort that nonsense out.

I hope you can appreciate that if someone was doing something THIS messed up-- and spreading egregious misinformation about something YOU worked on, that YOU'D want to show up and set the record straight as well. Is that fair?

Can you concentrate on WHAT i am writing?.....really.......

@punyparker said:

Yeah......."people here".......you arent dick-ish at all too.......he posted a pic,you wont answer OTHER peoples' questions.....yeah.....aren't at -shocking- all....

You really think this is about answering?.....i reffered to the frase

"people here"

as offenssive.And you saying sarcastically "Hey, why don't you hang out here more and answer our questions?" ......THAT'S why i wrote the word "questions" in my reply.Read the text,UNDERSTAND the content,and then write an 8 paragraph reply,to something i didnt mean.

And of cource i respect your choices,how to answer questions.....i just found the oportunity to post some here,when i dont get answers on the official SSM marvel message board a.k.a. your Twitter .... ;-)

(i am not blocked,you just dont see em,or you are bussy to answer them.)

And if you're basic argument is, "If you're NOT our 'answer monkey', you deserve stuff like that picture," that's not a really enticing reason to answer you about anything at all. :-/

ARE YOU FOR REAL MAN!?!.......i NEVER said that,and i never insaulted you in ANY way possible.I never called you names,or whatsoever.So yeah,i find that offensive,and demeaning.When i talk to you,i always try to talk about Spider-Man.Hell,if i were you, i would appreciate,that i am one of the few people here,who talks specifically to you about the characters(or at least i try to talk about them) and not sales numbers,and how it sucks that Peter is dead,and how you suck cause you killed him,and how you mock people in the forums,and ALL this crap.

I.Care.For.Spider-Man.

I have no problem with you,please live a long and happy life,sir.I had a problem with you,in December,but it was fan-rage.I got over it,and it was stupid of me.So,when some weeks ago you said that you're not answering to me,cause i am not respectful to you,i found that not cool,and more specifically wrong.

So no,dear man.....my arguement isnt this,and will never be,something like this.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@danslott: the numbers don't matter , I was a huge wrestling fan up until recently, you see wrestling went downhill fast when they started focusing on the nielson ratings. honestly sales can be good but the product tends to suffer long term due to what in the wrestling world they call hotshot booking. you can continue pointing to numbers all you like but let's not kid ourselves superior Spiderman is hotshot booking by definition

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@punyparker: You know at this point it's just best not to speak to him at all. This thread mostly become the bicker with Slott thread. Don't even try to have a normal conversation. Just focus talking to other users about Spider-Man and try to steer the thread away from focusing on talking to Slott.

camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The more I read @danslott's responses the more I like him. The more I read the anti-Slott responses the more everyone just seems to be whining and ridiculous. Look, I'm not the biggest fan of Spock and I'm usually the one putting something up about numbers (not because I think the book is doing bad but because I sometimes like to instigate). Anyone who thinks that numbers shouldn't matter is living in a dream land. It's a lack of numbers that got Scarlet Spider and Venom canceled. Hopefully you can have quality to go along with the numbers and I would argue in comics you have to. People want to make the Justin Bieber or John Cena argument that numbers and popularity don't equal quality and while I agree I don't think that counts with comics. Bieber and Cena are popular because tweens and children like them and their parents buy them their merchandise. I'm really just guessing and don't have numbers, but I would bet most comic readers are 15 and up. That means you're more likely to have someone spending their money on something they actually like and enjoy rather than what culture says is popular. If people like Spock that's fine; they obviously do with the way it sales. Dan's not a bad writer. The art in Superior is usually pretty great. People just don't like the direction, but to say sales don't matter or that if you let sales drive then you lose quality in comics is a moot point because if quality drops then so do sales.

Anyways, I've rambled enough. Kudos Mr Slott on your honest response about numbers. I'm not going to post anymore about them because it is obvious that they mean more to you than just numbers. To everyone else, quit crying and making him out to be a bad guy. Peter will be back eventually, until then go read Superman Unchained or Batman year one. They're both pretty good.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2405  Edited By PunyParker

@dernman: He gets here,and starts an arguement.And sometimes he accuses me of something i havent done.I cant sit down and do nothing about it.

I always start a conversation about Spider-Man.The guy,who is the f*cking center of attention in this forum.It ends up in a lot of different places,from there.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@dernman: He gets here,and starts an arguement.And sometimes he accuses me of something i havent done.I cant sit down and do nothing about it.

I always start a conversation about Spider-Man.The guy,who is the f*cking center of attention in this forum.It ends up in a lot of different places,from there.

I'm not saying you're wrong for feeling you have to defend yourself. If I was involved I would be feeling the same thing. I'm just saying it's a no win repeating cycle if you engage. Going by the fact he spends so much time on multiple boards it looks like he's looking to engage people on his terms. So refuse to give him that.

pedrada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was I the only one who thought that south park picture was Denny DeVito?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2408  Edited By animehunter
Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danslott this has to be mentioned if you want to bring up upcoming sales figures. With Venom and Scarlet Spider coming to a end in the near future I really dont feel you can point to sales numbers for superior , what i mean by that is with those books ending im sure some of the Scarlet/Venom fans will pick up Superior since its the only 616 fix for a "Spiderman". I really really really hope if readers do pick up for Superior you might be humble enough accept that it might be due to those 2 "cult" books coming to a end

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2410  Edited By angelalfonso

I do pick up inferior from time to time (whenever something that I like happen like especial “guests”) and I keep up with it (I know what’s happening but I don’t buy the book), and like I say before it’s not bad but it’s NOT a spiderman book and that why I don’t like it. I also think that after the cancelation of venom and scarlet the sales of “inferior” will have a boost. And I also think that is the plan. They are cancelling “low” sales books or that aren’t selling as good as they should in order to boost the sales of other that even if it’s selling well the sales of that book are dropping little by little (a little every month but dropping anyway)

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2411  Edited By animehunter
Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@animehunter: I want those J. Scott Campbell connecting covers!

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danslott: Okay then, I respect you for answering my question in a calm and reasonable way without accusing me of trolling or attacking me.

Not sure if you have answered this as I do not have a twitter, but was there a specific reason for changing the superior Spider-Man costume?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@punyparker said:

I'm not saying you're wrong for feeling you have to defend yourself. If I was involved I would be feeling the same thing. I'm just saying it's a no win repeating cycle if you engage. Going by the fact he spends so much time on multiple boards it looks like he's looking to engage people on his terms. So refuse to give him that.

I have a bad tendency to talk with people,and the desire to make something of it.....

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2415  Edited By PunyParker

@animehunter: (about the preview) i think it will be yet another "many expectations,no outcome" like SSM#9 was or SSM#14 or......many issues of Superior now that i think about it.

aaaaaaand yeah,this is one of the above.....i've lost any kind of faith or spark of excitement to the series......i'll just pick up 19 cause i picked up 17 and 18....Miguel you see.....and then i will pick up #20 to bitch and use many bad words, about the horrible and monterous things that will be done to Black Cat.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2416  Edited By Ninjablade09

So I know I have complained and bitched about the new suit, and while i still don't like it, I'm starting to get used to it. It's actually fun to draw.

No Caption Provided
symbiotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not a fan of the direction of Superior, or the end of the Amazing run for that matter. I stopped buying with Superior, but I have followed along just in case something happens that I might be interested in. I bought my first two issues of Superior with the appearance of O'Hara, and they weren't bad. I still don't like the character of Doctor Spiderpus and I probably won't be buying any more issues after Miguel is out (the venom issue might get me to pick it up). I have read quite a few issues though, I follow along with the story and have been able to read most of the issues through Marvel unlimited or stopping by the local bookstore.

Buying the 2099 issues has been bittersweet. I would much prefer to see Pete interacting with 2099 again, and I don't like to support the current direction of the book by purchasing it, but I do want to support 2099. Still want to see a 2099/Ultimate/Amazing (Pete) follow-up to Spider-Men. I'm a little worried that Mr. Slott will kill off Miguel to "change Spider-Man forever" or whatever. Much like Ock being Spider-man can't last forever, neither could killing off Miguel.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Preview: Marvel Knights: Spider-Man #1 - OUT October 2nd 2013

• From the haunted heights of a mysterious castle to the dizzying depths of the deep seas, the Amazing Spider-Man has to take on not one, not six, not twelve – but ninety-nine of the Marvel Universe’s deadliest villains to save the lives of countless innocents!

• Matt Kindt (Mind MGMT) and Marco Rudy (Swamp Thing) bring you a defining hour in the life of the webbed wonder in a race against time and a battle against evil.

---

---

---

---

---

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2419  Edited By animehunter

The latest teaser from Marvel might have something to do with SpOck and if it does, couldn't happened to a nicer guy. (in case you missed it that's sarcasm there)

All-New Marvel NOW! Teasers Reach 'THE END'

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/114/309/original/THEEND.jpeg?1380289427

Marvel's "All-New Marvel NOW!" have reached "THE END."

Now it's a few weeks before New York Comic Con and hell, there's many hours left today, so we have no idea if it's the end of the teasers, but something is coming to an end in 2014 and given whatever is it's by Dan Slott and Giuseppe Camuncoli, and since it will be revealed at the publisher's Superior Spider-Man & Friends panel, it's a pretty safe bet it's Superior Spider-Man related (the end of Otto's takeover?), but that purple font treatment is a head scratcher. After all, purple and "the end" have a certain "Galactus" feel to them, and Slott's other teaser, the silver word "Rad" seems to point directly at Galactus's former herald Silver Surfer. Still, the Spider-Man panel part links it right back to Superior. There are a few Spidey villains with purple in their motif, including Mysterio and of course the Green Goblin - Goblin has been central to the entire overarc story of Superior, so maybe, just maybe, he'll be the one to take Otto-Spidey down.

Stay tuned during the rest of Friday to see if there are any more teasers, and in face you missed them, check out Marvel's TRIAL and JUDGMENT and then MINDBUBBLE, RAD!, and CORPORATE teasers from earlier this week.

camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could it be the end of the Ultimate Universe and Miles coming over to the 616?

Icewolf907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@camstevens80: Could it be the end of the Ultimate Universe and Miles coming over to the 616?

I'm afraid you're probably right.

@animehunter: It does my heart good to read the phrase "the Amazing Spider-Man" again, but I'm afraid Marvel Knights won't sale well because when it comes down to it the story is just a gaiden.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icewolf907: Don't be so gloomy, be a little more optimistic

I don’t think "the end” is related to the end of superior I think it’s related to Slott secret project

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Maybe Boomerang?

inkBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The latest teaser from Marvel might have something to do with SpOck and if it does, couldn't happened to a nicer guy. (in case you missed it that's sarcasm there)

All-New Marvel NOW! Teasers Reach 'THE END'

Marvel's "All-New Marvel NOW!" have reached "THE END."

Now it's a few weeks before New York Comic Con and hell, there's many hours left today, so we have no idea if it's the end of the teasers, but something is coming to an end in 2014 and given whatever is it's by Dan Slott and Giuseppe Camuncoli, and since it will be revealed at the publisher's Superior Spider-Man & Friends panel, it's a pretty safe bet it's Superior Spider-Man related (the end of Otto's takeover?), but that purple font treatment is a head scratcher. After all, purple and "the end" have a certain "Galactus" feel to them, and Slott's other teaser, the silver word "Rad" seems to point directly at Galactus's former herald Silver Surfer. Still, the Spider-Man panel part links it right back to Superior. There are a few Spidey villains with purple in their motif, including Mysterio and of course the Green Goblin - Goblin has been central to the entire overarc story of Superior, so maybe, just maybe, he'll be the one to take Otto-Spidey down.

Stay tuned during the rest of Friday to see if there are any more teasers, and in face you missed them, check out Marvel's TRIAL and JUDGMENT and then MINDBUBBLE, RAD!, and CORPORATE teasers from earlier this week.

It has purple colour so that indicates no SpOck involvement BUT it is presented at the Spider-Man panel,so it has to have.....

THE END........i am really afraid to think possitivelly about this.....

Preview: Marvel Knights: Spider-Man #1 - OUT October 2nd 2013

• From the haunted heights of a mysterious castle to the dizzying depths of the deep seas, the Amazing Spider-Man has to take on not one, not six, not twelve – but ninety-nine of the Marvel Universe’s deadliest villains to save the lives of countless innocents!

• Matt Kindt (Mind MGMT) and Marco Rudy (Swamp Thing) bring you a defining hour in the life of the webbed wonder in a race against time and a battle against evil.

---

---

---

---

---

SWEET JESUS,Barberi.....this alt.cover is a masterpiece!!!!

Rudy's....eh.
Excited about this,anyway!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2426  Edited By PunyParker

Comic Books Fans

I swear to God,i never wore that outfit,from the 1st pic,and never ever EVER cosplayed.......does that make me an innaccurate comicbook fan?.....really....(clearly sarcastic response)

I totally agree with the "How we view ourselves" pic,though....

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2427  Edited By Ninjablade09

I swear to God,i never wore that outfit,from the 1st pic,and never ever EVER cosplayed.......does that make me an innaccurate comicbook fan?.....really....(clearly sarcastic response)

lol best thing I've seen all night.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2429  Edited By spider11211

@punyparker said:

I think I am in the second pic from the right top and the second pic from the right bottom.

LOL

Also did you see the comments made about Spider-man on the latest Big Bang Theory. It was great.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider11211: Yeah,nice refferance.The definition of Raj was precise,100%.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta be honest...I'm not favoring the art for the new MK book for Peter. I don't think it's bad but it just doesn't seem fit for a Spidey comic for me :-\

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: Dude,me too...i really dont like the art for MK......it's Pete though!

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Honestly, that's the only reason why I'm getting it. I need my Parker fix. It's been too long.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2435  Edited By frogdog

Only problem with the art for MK:Spider-man is that, peter looks like doctor who.

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2436  Edited By Webhead_99

The art is nice on its own right but Parker looks weird. Also afraid the story could be rushed to get all 99 baddies on it.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

@punyparker: I just saw an add for Hunger issue 5 saying it all has to End or something

I think we can safely say THE END Teaser is Galactus

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I just saw an add for Hunger issue 5 saying it all has to End or something

I think we can safely say THE END Teaser is Galactus

It will be presented at the Superior Spiderman panel,and the team is Slott - Camuncolli.......this is something Spider-y..

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog:

I like the art; yes it’s a Little different for a spider man book, but it’s good on its own right.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog:

I like the art; yes it’s a Little different for a spider man book, but it’s good on its own right.

I like it as well, expect for doctor who peter >.>

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2441  Edited By animehunter

From Douglas Ernst

Big Bang Theory delivers punishing blow to Superior Spider-Man; Dan Slott feigns delight

Do the writers of The Big Bang Theory read this blog? If not, it appears as though we’re on the exact same wavelength when it comes to Dan Slott’s Superior Spider-Man.

Here is what I said on February 1st after Dan Slott stalked “The Main Event” and got intellectually body slammed:

“It was only a few weeks ago that Dan Slott thought long-time Spider-Man fans would be okay reading a rip-off of 2003′s “Freaky Friday” starring Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan — only with Spider-Man and Doctor Octopus. (Or was that 1988′s “Vice Versa” starring Judge Reinhold and Fred Savage?)

Dan Slott’s general response to me over the course of Superior Spider-Man has been to call me an idiot multiple times while abusing the caps-lock button, to call me a “bad person,” and to try and link me with some guy I don’t even know who writes fan fiction Spider-Man porn.

Now, take the most recent episode of The Big Bang Theory:

Howard: What were they thinking putting Doctor Octopus’ mind in Peter Parker’s body?

Raj: I’ve been quite enjoying that. It combines all the superhero fun of Spider-Man with all the body-switching shenanigans of ‘Freaky Friday.’

Dan Slott’s reaction? Feigned joy!

http://dougernst.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/dan-slott-big-bang-theory.jpg

Let me spell it out for Mr. Slott and everyone else who keeps saying “Raj likes the Superior Spider-Man”: The reality is that the writers just made a joke that cut deep — at Dan Slott’s expense.

Loading Video...

When a character on a television says he loves Superior Spider-Man because it reminds him of the “shenanigans of ‘Freaky Friday,” it is the equivalent of a Little Mac power punch to Mike Tyson on the old school NES. Correction: a Little Mac power punch to Glass Joe.

Howard asks “What were they thinking?” and the response — accentuated by the laugh track — was that Marvel killed off Peter Parker for what is essentially a rehashed version of Freaky Friday. Congratulations. Freaky Friday grossed $110 million dollars, so using the ‘Slott Rule’ for success, we only have to wait a few more decades before people realize the genius of Lindsay Lohan’s portrayal of Anna Coleman.

As I’ve said before, I believe there is room in the Marvel Universe for Doctor Octopus to play the “Superior Freaky Friday Spider-Man.” I am not opposed to having a megalomaniac running around New York with spider-powers. I just think that executing Peter Parker (twice) so that Dan Slott can make Jamie Lee Octavius everyone’s favorite wall crawler was a error of monumental proportions.

Ask yourself this question, Spider-Man fans: Knowing what you know about how Dan Slott conducts himself on message boards, how would he respond if someone said that they hated Superior Spider-Man because it was little more than ‘Freaky Friday’ with Marvel characters? Now ask yourself why he took to Twitter to feign admiration for a joke told at his expense. Perhaps because it’s a little more dangerous to mock and ridicule the writers of The Big Bang Theory than it is to personally attack the average fan? Hmmm.

Thank you, writers of The Big Bang Theory, for delivering a KNOCK OUT blow to this abomination.

Loading Video...

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DanSlott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2443  Edited By DanSlott

Oy vey. Why are people taking Douglas Ernst seriously about anything?

I've seen Douglas Ernst post that he believes that Treyvon Martin instigated the attack that lead to his death.

Douglas Ernst believes that the week Ben Shapiro was slamming an NBA star for coming out-- the week Ben Shapiro was making national headlines for being called out as a homophobe-- that when Chris Evans said he didn't like Shapiro it was BECAUSE-- in Douglas Ernst warped view of reality-- that Chris Evans was embarrassed that Shapiro "lost" some debate against Piers Morgan. No. It couldn't have been the homophobe-thing. It was some late night news show debate.

Douglas Ernst believes that I, a Jew, would create an anti-Semitic Spider-Man-- because of ONE LINE taken out of context in a comic book.

Douglas Ernst believes that I should have had PeterParker/Spider-Man LEAVE North Korean soldiers to die instead of SAVING them.

Douglas Ernst isn't an idiot. Douglas Ernst thinks YOU'RE idiots and that he can bend and twist anything in deceptive ways to get YOU to think what HE wants.

Stop enabling this deceptive human being.

So what's his NEW claim?

That I "feigned" delight at one of the highest rated network shows calling out my book to 8 million viewers?

Right.

If by "feigning" he means-- happily tweeting about it the moment it happened, posting it on FB, calling all my friends on the West Coast to tune in, and then calling my folks? Then "feigning" must have some new definition I'm not aware of.

Seriously, this is DOUGLAS ERNST.

This is the manipulative ass who took one line of dialogue COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTEXT and ran a feature claiming that I-- a Jew-- who personally knows people who've survived the Holocaust-- was creating an anti-Semitic Spider-Man-- and then DOUGLAS ERNST made the MAIN GRAPHIC of that horrible and shameful piece THIS GRAPHIC of Jewish remains being taken out of concentration camp ovens:

No Caption Provided

Douglas Ernst was clearly in the wrong-- and horribly offensive-- in the WORST way a human being could possibly be. He has NEVER apologized for that BASELESS, DISGUSTING, and REPREHENSIBLE attack. He has stuck to his guns that he was in the right for doing this TERRIBLE and ATROCIOUS thing. Douglas Ernst is a bad person. Plain and simple. Why you people give him the time of day here I'll never know.

Avatar image for noteworthington
Noteworthington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan Slott I love you.

Avatar image for noteworthington
Noteworthington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But seriously, I've been reading comics for 30 years and some of the stuff I see here is a bit much.

Writing a 10 page treatise on why only your vision of Spider-Man should be written, should really take a back seat to getting to interact with an author at all.

I'm glad for the folks that are fans, and even the ones that don't like Spider-Ock, but are able to have faith in what authors do, and the magic of story-telling and comic books in general.

Stories are journeys, and not every journey has picture perfect scenery or fantastic weather, its about the entire trip.

As always when things turn sour in these Spider threads lately, I await the next development.

Avatar image for douglas_ernst_1
douglas_ernst_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danslott said:

Douglas Ernst is a bad person. Plain and simple. Why you people give him the time of day here I'll never know.

Ah yes, once again Dan Slott goes to personal attacks instead of you know, actually discussing the questions posed about Superior Spider-Man. Dan Slott talks about Trayvon Martain and Ben Shaprio (distorting my words as usual, as is his M.O.), instead of discussing Superior Spider-Man. I didn't know you read my blog, Mr. Slott. Either you really like torturing yourself by reading the blog posts of a "bad" person, or you were trying to find material to distract people for moments like this. Which is it?

The question at hand for fans is this: Was Superior Spider-Man worth it? Was it worth killing Peter Parker (twice) for this length of time so that a glorified version of "Freaky Friday" (as observed by the writers of The Big Bang Theory and myself) could play out? Is it worth it that for a good chunk of time during their formative years, young readers get The Superior Spider-Man to try and set their moral compass to? Is it worth all the damage done to the supporting cast, whose intelligence seems to have been lowered by a good 20 points so that SSM can continue?

These are all debatable issues, but you would rather attack me personally over and over and over again. You say you don't know why readers give me "the time of day," while readily acknowledging that you've read my posts unrelated to Spider-Man. The truth is, it irks you to no end that a.) I have legitimate gripes about the book that have resonated with others, and b.) that it's done on a platform where you and your friends in the industry can't censor me.

I've said that there is a place for Spider-Ock in the Marvel Universe. I've said I liked the new costume. I've said that the art was pretty darn cool. I've even said that some issues provided interesting nuggets of thought to chew on. But I've also said that the decision to move forward with Superior Spider-Man was an editorial blunder of epic proportions that will become crystal clear in the years to come. Again, we can debate that — but you'd rather go to the "bad person" discussions. Yawn. Do you think that individuals are as confused as the current supporting cast of Superior Spider-Man? I don't.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noteworthington: @danslott get real.... I'm sorry but you can't put the tone of the viner voices all on us, im not saying everyone here is innocent but lets not turn a blind eye to the flame bait , I for one appreciate when he comes on to answer questions HOWEVER if he feels the need to throw a stone back all the power to him. If you want to have a proper discussion on the pros and cons of Superior this is the right place, if you want name calling create a new thread your unwelcome here

p.s whoever this douglas guy is he sounds like a raving god damn lunatic, people like him that are filled with that kind of hate should not be mentioned on CV again

BloodyNights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danslott

Just wanted to ask a question regarding issues 7-8 of Superior Spider-Man, where the Avengers show up to give Spock a physical to see if he was the true Spider-Man.

So my question is, why did Spidey-Ock get a slap on the wrist after everything he did and was allowed to walk away with no real consequences for his actions. Beating others into the inch of their life, and even attacking Captain America and the rest of the Avengers without real cause. At the very least I could have seen them holding him for a while, telepathing him, or taking away his Avengers membership. I mean I realize they are not the police, but the brutality he unleashed on his victims should have them wanting to do something with him imo, anger management sessions perhaps? He obviously wasn't in a stable state is what I'm basically saying.

As for the series it's self I think it's interesting what you've done, and while I'd like old Petey back, I feel like you've done a good job at making Spock into a character that everyone hates, The readers, and the characters in his universe. It feels like I'm just waiting for Peter to make his return, and for Doc Ock to get what's coming to him. I'm curious if this is how you wanted the series direction to go.

And last but not least, my first comic ever was number 700 of Amazing Spider-Man. While I thought the original idea was stupid, the way the story was told was done very well, and made me become a comic book fan that I am today, so I thought I'd give my kudos to you on that, so keep up the hard work.

....also please make Scarlet Spider, and Venom have more appearances in the current Spidey series...I'm sad to see them being canceled :(

Avatar image for douglas_ernst_1
douglas_ernst_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrgreenlantern: I suppose if you just believed what was said about me instead of actually asking me about Superior Spider-Man you'd think those things. Hate? I don't hate anyone. I'm perfectly willing to discuss the merits of the book. Mr. Slott would prefer to have you talking about random blog posts I wrote that have nothing to do with Spider-Man, such as the Trayvon Martin case (framed, of course, the way he'd like them framed).

DanSlott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2450  Edited By DanSlott

@douglas_ernst_1 said:

Ah yes, once again Dan Slott goes to personal attacks instead of you know, actually discussing the questions posed about Superior Spider-Man.

The idea that Douglas Ernst DOESN'T go for personal attacks is laughable. Take it from someone (a Jew) he's tried to tar as doing things to promote anti-Semitism. A good person would NOT do that for the sake of some internet argument about Spider-Man. It's DEPLORABLE.

@douglas_ernst_1 said:

I didn't know you read my blog, Mr. Slott. Either you really like torturing yourself by reading the blog posts of a "bad" person, or you were trying to find material to distract people for moments like this. Which is it?

All I've read are the distortions you've said in some of your threads about me and my work. As someone who's had to deal with honest to God death threats this past year-- bad enough for the NYPD's cyber crime unit to be brought in-- I know that there can be repercussions for internet speech. If someone, like you, who is in the habit of spreading gross falsehoods about me online, I am interested to see if any of them rise to the level of being liable and actionable.

@douglas_ernst_1 said:

The question at hand for fans is this: Was Superior Spider-Man worth it? Was it worth killing Peter Parker (twice) for this length of time so that a glorified version of "Freaky Friday" (as observed by the writers of The Big Bang Theory and myself)...

One: Increased interest in Spider-Man, fans returning to the title, and a jump in readership of 20,000 more than were following the core Spider-Man title BEFORE this storyline would be very concrete evidence that, yes, the journey the book's been taking has been worth it.

Even the people who are riled up about it have caused constant awareness for the title-- and are probably a large reason why the book is one of the highest ordered, reordered, and advance reordered every month for Mavel-- TWICE a month. So naysayers, and people-- like Douglas Ernst-- who pay so much attention to it-- do half our work for us.

Two: To say that both the writers of The Big Bang Theory AND Douglas Ernst have said the SAME thing about SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN is laughable. Because when someone says something, it's not JUST what they say, but HOW they say it. Douglas Ernst rips into the book with bile and contempt. The joke on The Big Bang Theory was said with a smile and by a loveable nerd who used the comment to ENDORSE the book, saying they liked it and thought it was fun. The only character who dissed the book that night was an angry nerd who-- we find out later-- was literally overdosing on estrogen.

@douglas_ernst_1 said:

Is it worth it that for a good chunk of time during their formative years, young readers get The Superior Spider-Man to try and set their moral compass to?

The story has been running for 9 months. According to the mind of Douglas Ernst, 9 months equals "a good chunk of time" during a readers formative years. This explains a lot. Like how on the Douglas Ernst clock, taking seconds to save the lives of fallen enemy soldiers is "precious" time that Peter Parker/Spider-Man could've spent saving the world.

Also, anyone who is actually reading the book would know that the Superior Spider-Man is hardly a role model. He is an anti-hero whose actions are constantly admonished by the cast-- like he was recently by Robbie Robertson in the Hobgoblin arc. The book is called "Superior Spider-Man" because that is how Otto sees himself. Anyone with an open mind-- and, again, who is actually READING THE BOOK-- could tell you that. Douglas Ernst is neither. He has said numerous times that he is NOT reading the book. Like the "good" pundit he is, he has found people who think like himself who give their slanted reviews and synopses of the book-- and he takes that as a given for what is actually going on in the pages. He has said numerous times that-- at best-- he goes to the store and flips through the book. But that's just so he can arm himself with more fodder for his distortions at his blog. This is not a person who is interested in giving the book a fair shake. This is a guy who is on the attack and only looking for ammo.

@douglas_ernst_1 said:

You say you don't know why readers give me "the time of day," while readily acknowledging that you've read my posts unrelated to Spider-Man. The truth is, it irks you to no end that a.) I have legitimate gripes about the book that have resonated with others, and b.) that it's done on a platform where you and your friends in the industry can't censor me.

The only comments I've read are comments in threads where you spread distortions about the book I've worked on. The fact that YOUR take on Treyvon Martin INSTIGATING the attack that lead to his death-- or YOUR take that actor Chris Evans didn't like Ben Shapiro over some late night talk show debate INSTEAD of Shapiro's nationally covered homophobic comments-- that THOSE arguments of YOURS worked their way into your comment section about Superior Spider-Man is entirely on you and the way you present your "arguments."

I also LOVE that you keep thinking myself or Marvel had ANYTHING to do with you being "censored" in a Newsarama comment section-- in an article that was taking ME to task over something. A sensible person would have reached the OBVIOUS conclusion that if myself or Marvel had that kind of power that entire article would have been taken down. A sensible person might have realized that the comment section had a post limit and OTHER criteria for taking down a NUMBER of posts on either side. But in the mind of Douglas Ernst, he is the voice of truth that is being censored-- despite all common sense to the contrary.

@douglas_ernst_1 said:

Again, we can debate that — but you'd rather go to the "bad person" discussions. Yawn. Do you think that individuals are as confused as the current supporting cast of Superior Spider-Man? I don't.

A good person does not try to use a word balloon taken out of context to imply that a Jewish comic book creator is promoting anti-Semitism in their comics.

A good person does not say that about someone who knew people who survived the Holocaust.

A good person does not punctuate their cruel and despicable distortions with a picture of Jewish remains being taken out of a concentration camp oven.

No Caption Provided

Someone who is NOT a good person leaves that up in their blog.

Someone who is NOT a good person continues to defend it through all manner of rationalizations.

Someone who is NOT a good person offers no apology or retraction and stays SMUG whenever the matter is brought up.

"Yawn"? Your response to this is "yawn"?

That pretty much says it all, doesn't it?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.