Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man Comics Discussion

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#22103  Edited By ItsaWorld

@itsaworld: I don't really mind the politics, as long as it's a well told story (Btw, that "nice one you morons" made me LOL).

Oh and where was it said that RYV is related to 616? Do you have any links? Not doubting, I just wanna know. I've been out of the loop for a while. lol

Why thank you. I mean, its only terrible that you replace your comic series about diversity and acceptance with a comic series all about hierarchy and divide.

Nah, it's insane. I only have been able to know what's happening thanks to this forum, spidey news places and tumblr.

A little while ago, there was like a 2 issue story of a spider-man and ironman teammup. Apparently this was said to introduce something we saw in RYV........apparently it was Regent. A battle commenced with even MJ getting into the iron spider suit, but with Regent, Peter and MJ mentioning how strange this felt. Like they had this battle before. The strangest feeling of deja vu overcame them. It was a reference to the battle within secretwars, making fans believe this is a hint that the RYV verse is heavily intertwined with the 616. Then like 2 months later, they release spiderman/deadpool wich mentions OMD and everyone is clamoring about, thinking that this could mean the end of Mephisto's contract.

Mizerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itsaworld: Nicely said.

Oh I did read that story, it was the last one I read before I dropped comics for a while actually. lol And yes I remember now, that scene with them dejavu never got an explanation... Unless it was nothing more than just a reference to the original RYV. And yeah I actually saw that stuff with Deadpool as well. That period was full of OMD references, at the time I thought it was leading to something more, but part of me wonders if that was all just teasing the current RYV (which only got announced after all that).

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@itsaworld: @amazingfantasy

I've come to believe that the dejavu in Power Play was Slott referencing "his" RYV and not Conway's.

It's also said that Spider Man/Deadpool, what takes place here will not have a significant impact on Spider Man seeing as how Slott is the true director of the franchise and Spider Man-Deadpool is alternate to his.

However I do hope that the RYV connection and the OMD references turn out to be true and lead to what everyone has been waiting for since 2007. BURN OMD, BURN!

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Yes, that's the RYV I was referring to as well. I thought it could have something to do with their Battleword versions, maybe they "merged" while everything was being restored or something, and it kinda made sense, until I remembered that Peter didn't die in SW. Soo there goes that theory.

True, but it could be that Slott is building this. Back then there was a reference in the smaller books too (Miles, Spidey/Deadpool), which could be a small build-up until we got to the main stuff, which would happen in ASM, so it's natural it didn't appear on there sooner. But again, that was my theory, now I don't know what to think. lol

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

@itsaworld: @amazingfantasy

I've come to believe that the dejavu in Power Play was Slott referencing "his" RYV and not Conway's.

It's also said that Spider Man/Deadpool, what takes place here will not have a significant impact on Spider Man seeing as how Slott is the true director of the franchise and Spider Man-Deadpool is alternate to his.

However I do hope that the RYV connection and the OMD references turn out to be true and lead to what everyone has been waiting for since 2007. BURN OMD, BURN!

@ursaber: Yes, that's the RYV I was referring to as well. I thought it could have something to do with their Battleword versions, maybe they "merged" while everything was being restored or something, and it kinda made sense, until I remembered that Peter didn't die in SW. Soo there goes that theory.

True, but it could be that Slott is building this. Back then there was a reference in the smaller books too (Miles, Spidey/Deadpool), which could be a small build-up until we got to the main stuff, which would happen in ASM, so it's natural it didn't appear on there sooner. But again, that was my theory, now I don't know what to think. lol

Still, the theory does kinda check out. Especially since it was kinda labelled a Taboo to even speak of OMD. DeadPool/Spider-Man make it heavily part of the story in some way, along with the reference of Deja Vu of RYV, it sparked a poll online to see who wanted the marriage returned which spawned large results saying 'EVERYONE WANTS THE MARRIAGE BACK'

IN truth, a comic isn't written overnight and seems to take time to write and create. That being said, there could of been already talks at the time of making RYV an ongoing series. It was one of the more loved Secret Wars stories that had some old fans coming back to the fold along with a huge plethora of variants for all 5 issues. It was well wanted and well received even though the story itself wasn't the best but what did we expect from Slott?

With that in mind, I think corporate already understood they had a goldmine sitting at their feet and were in discussion to continuing the story. Slott probably found out about this, since he is kiiiiinda responsible for the Secret Wars story (though it was most likley just corporate telling him to write the dang thing) and thus wanted to do a small nod to this within his own comic, specially cause its a story he did. At least that's probably what a few hopeful feel.

Even so, you can't really just brush off they literally used OMD in a story and are actually referencing it and telling that Peter 'is not complete' because of something he lost. They can't just drop that plot or you piss off fans even more!

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjparks: Web-swinging? I'd pick ASM2, but I don't remember much of CW to be frank.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22112  Edited By ursaber

@bjparks:

It's a little unfair. Spider Man swung really cool in Civil War but in ASM2 there was a whole movie of awesome web swinging.

ASM2 in my opinion

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itsaworld: Yes indeed. Plus it wasn't just comics. I'm not sure if there was more after I left, but they were talking good stuff about the marriage as well on interviews and such, and, as you said, it was pretty much a taboo to talk about it.

Honestly if they are bringing the marriage back or something it probably was planned years before... Especially if it's coming from Slott of all people. The original RYV could be the last "Test", like, okay let's bring it back, will it sell? Again that was my theory but umm now with the current RYV I don't know what to think. :p

Speaking of which I was suspecting that OMD may be reversed this year, it's both it and the marriage anniversary after all... But the current RYV just confuses me. It doesn't make sense to bring this book if they are planning on bringing it back. So I saw that it makes more sense that all the references were to the current RYV rather to undoing OMD, especially since they stopped by now (Unless RYV is a reference itself? lol).

But again, those are all my assumptions. I'm not really taking anything for a fact, just gathering information and see what I can come up with. :p

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: That, too. Spidey appearance was quite limited in that movie, especially since his web-swinging really shines when he's alone on NY streets, not fighting heh. I hope Homecoming does a good job of portraying that (And other Spidey stuff in general too of course, lol).

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjparks said:

Which movie had better web-swinging: The Amazing Spider-Man 2, or Captain America: Civil War?

@itsaworld, @ursaber, @amazingfantasy

@Elbarto17 aka Punyparker, @zariusii, @blackspidey2099

@riscrit aka Spideyryan, @magnetic_eye, @theheaven_guardian10, @marvelman92

Dunno. I couldn't stand ASM2. It was an awful film. Like yeah, the first had problems but OHMYGAAAAAAAAAHD how'd you mess this up SONY?!

I actually had to fast forward through most of ASM2 so I forget most of the web swinging. I just remember Harry showing up killing Gwen and Peter not getting over his dad and forgetting he has an Uncle and a Mom at some point and a very much alive aunt.

I will say though that the Civil War webbing we have seen has elements that haven't been implemented as much as before. The splash of webs that spray what they hit is a nice detail along with them actually talking briefly about how Peter made the fluid and cartridges. Great touch. It was also fun to watch him swing on AntMan but the fight had him do only brief swinging every so often so they could showcase his other feats such as wall crawling and strength.

Amazing Spider-Man has some good web stuff and I really enjoyed how they made peter use the webbing for more spider theme's activities such as using them to find out when people approached and so forth. Really cool elements, yet it was kinda sad that most of these accomplishments were really Peter taking them from others. His father really made the code that made Connors into the lizard and Oscorp made the web fluid. Bit of a downer but they did a good job on characters and power of spider-man. They rushed it too much in ASM2 wich killed the franchise.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22116  Edited By ItsaWorld

@itsaworld: Yes indeed. Plus it wasn't just comics. I'm not sure if there was more after I left, but they were talking good stuff about the marriage as well on interviews and such, and, as you said, it was pretty much a taboo to talk about it.

Honestly if they are bringing the marriage back or something it probably was planned years before... Especially if it's coming from Slott of all people. The original RYV could be the last "Test", like, okay let's bring it back, will it sell? Again that was my theory but umm now with the current RYV I don't know what to think. :p

Speaking of which I was suspecting that OMD may be reversed this year, it's both it and the marriage anniversary after all... But the current RYV just confuses me. It doesn't make sense to bring this book if they are planning on bringing it back. So I saw that it makes more sense that all the references were to the current RYV rather to undoing OMD, especially since they stopped by now (Unless RYV is a reference itself? lol).

But again, those are all my assumptions. I'm not really taking anything for a fact, just gathering information and see what I can come up with. :p

Yeah. It happened when I was starting college and word spread fast. Highschools and everyone was talking about it and we all thought 'that guy won't ever work in the industry again!' I think Sony missed a golden opportunity for their Raimi films to showcase the Marriage, as it was annulled when Spider-Man 3 I think was in production. I mean they kinda did but it never showed the iconic wedding. Oh well, MJ was really outta character through those films.

They knew how much OMD was hated but I guess they wanted to see if they could bring back old and new readers to the fold by promising the iconic romance. That or when Secret Wars was happening they decided, 'its not going to be cannon so use this time to showcase Peter's marriage to MJ for fans' and it sold highly well with everyone going insane! It's probably one of the best selling or THE BEST selling secret wars tie in comics. Heck, before it was released, regular news sites were talking about it, specially ones not into comics. It was big!

Your not the only one suspecting this could be the year. Some fans theorize that Marvel planned from the beginning that OMD was only temporary and would end at a certain point. Since Marvel is all about their dates and the like, Marvel wouldn't pass up on an opportunity to end OMD a decade after it began. It's the perfect time and causes old and new fans alike to grab issues and go nuts.

They are no real solid facts to this but they are some elements that show it could happen. The peices are slowly coming together as we just had another Civil War, references to the whole OMD story, Mary Jane gathering more popularity, Marvel realizing they have to fix up stuff and promising to go back to a status quo, Renew Your Vows is ongoing and hundreads of people point out it kinda reminds you of Superman Rebirth. There's pieces there that can happen and it's plausible yet we have no evidence...though we had no evidence Peter was going to sell his marriage to satan either.

Sadly, we could be terribly wrong and Marvel corporate knows the Marriage sells so well they decide to give us AU married worlds to gather cashflow....yet if that's the case. It won't last long cause if they think OMD was bad...today's society riots about alotta stuff and the internet is larger than ever.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjparks said:

Which movie had better web-swinging: The Amazing Spider-Man 2, or Captain America: Civil War?

@itsaworld, @ursaber, @amazingfantasy

@Elbarto17 aka Punyparker, @zariusii, @blackspidey2099

@riscrit aka Spideyryan, @magnetic_eye, @theheaven_guardian10, @marvelman92

Dunno. I couldn't stand ASM2. It was an awful film. Like yeah, the first had problems but OHMYGAAAAAAAAAHD how'd you mess this up SONY?!

I actually had to fast forward through most of ASM2 so I forget most of the web swinging. I just remember Harry showing up killing Gwen and Peter not getting over his dad and forgetting he has an Uncle and a Mom at some point and a very much alive aunt.

I will say though that the Civil War webbing we have seen has elements that haven't been implemented as much as before. The splash of webs that spray what they hit is a nice detail along with them actually talking briefly about how Peter made the fluid and cartridges. Great touch. It was also fun to watch him swing on AntMan but the fight had him do only brief swinging every so often so they could showcase his other feats such as wall crawling and strength.

Amazing Spider-Man has some good web stuff and I really enjoyed how they made peter use the webbing for more spider theme's activities such as using them to find out when people approached and so forth. Really cool elements, yet it was kinda sad that most of these accomplishments were really Peter taking them from others. His father really made the code that made Connors into the lizard and Oscorp made the web fluid. Bit of a downer but they did a good job on characters and power of spider-man. They rushed it too much in ASM2 wich killed the franchise.

I Actually Really Like Both TASM 1 And 2. They Were Actually Pretty Real, A Bit Grounded, Had A More Natural Tone, Great Casts And Characters, And A Brilliant Peter Parker And Spider-Man And The Romance Was Really Well Done As Well. In Terms Of Web Swinging, TASM 2. IN Terems Of Acrobatics, Well Both Actually Had Some Great Amount Of Acrobatic. But I Think That Holland's Acrobatics Were Slightly Better In Terms Of Action. As For The Web Fluids, No, Peter Never Took Them. He Just Improved On Them With The Shooters That He Made. And As For The Code, Peter Cracked It. The Notes Were Actually Not Completed Yet. TASM 2 Didn't Kill The Franchise But More Like Sony's Handling In Business And Finance Did. Wish Andrew Garfield And The Other Casts Appeared In The MCU. There Were Loads Of Stories To Tell From There. But I'm Happy That We Got Tom Holland Regardless Of The Casts. He May Not Be Able To Throw A Punch But He Could Be Able To Use His Wits In Battle And His Acrobatics.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itsaworld said:

I Actually Really Like Both TASM 1 And 2. They Were Actually Pretty Real, A Bit Grounded, Had A More Natural Tone, Great Casts And Characters, And A Brilliant Peter Parker And Spider-Man And The Romance Was Really Well Done As Well. In Terms Of Web Swinging, TASM 2. IN Terems Of Acrobatics, Well Both Actually Had Some Great Amount Of Acrobatic. But I Think That Holland's Acrobatics Were Slightly Better In Terms Of Action. As For The Web Fluids, No, Peter Never Took Them. He Just Improved On Them With The Shooters That He Made. And As For The Code, Peter Cracked It. The Notes Were Actually Not Completed Yet. TASM 2 Didn't Kill The Franchise But More Like Sony's Handling In Business And Finance Did. Wish Andrew Garfield And The Other Casts Appeared In The MCU. There Were Loads Of Stories To Tell From There. But I'm Happy That We Got Tom Holland Regardless Of The Casts. He May Not Be Able To Throw A Punch But He Could Be Able To Use His Wits In Battle And His Acrobatics.

I still vote that they should make Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield Peter's clones in the MCU. Andrew can be Ben Reilley and Tobey can be Kaine

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92 said:
    @itsaworld said:

I still vote that they should make Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield Peter's clones in the MCU. Andrew can be Ben Reilley and Tobey can be Kaine

I Say We Make Nicholas Hammond Play As Uncle Ben. Well Him Or Mandy Patankin(Jason Gideon From Criminal Minds And Saul From Homeland).

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itsaworld said:
    @marvelman92 said:
    @itsaworld said:

I Say We Make Nicholas Hammond Play As Uncle Ben. Well Him Or Mandy Patankin(Jason Gideon From Criminal Minds And Saul From Homeland).

NO! No more uncle Ben.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @marvelman92 said:
    @itsaworld said:

NO! No more uncle Ben.

Look, if we had Howard Stark appear in the series, Uncle Ben is going to appear too. We need to at least establish he had existed. There will probably be flashbacks of the guy at some point or Peter will see illusions of him in the future when fighting people like Mysterio or Thanos.

Stuff is going to happen and we will have brief moments where we do see Uncle Ben. He is a big part of the mythos and thus he will appear in some regard. Perhaps family videos and some photos around the house. Maybe they will go big at one point and Peter will put on the BARF glasses and get to talk to him one last time.

They won't constantly bring him up but they will let it be known he was a big figure in Peter's life. There will probably be a few references of him through the stories but maybe a bit less, as it would seem this version will be making Aunt May more active in her role, specially cause she is younger and more of a motherly age but seems to be competent and caring.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingfantasy said:

Yeah. It happened when I was starting college and word spread fast. Highschools and everyone was talking about it and we all thought 'that guy won't ever work in the industry again!' I think Sony missed a golden opportunity for their Raimi films to showcase the Marriage, as it was annulled when Spider-Man 3 I think was in production. I mean they kinda did but it never showed the iconic wedding. Oh well, MJ was really outta character through those films.

They knew how much OMD was hated but I guess they wanted to see if they could bring back old and new readers to the fold by promising the iconic romance. That or when Secret Wars was happening they decided, 'its not going to be cannon so use this time to showcase Peter's marriage to MJ for fans' and it sold highly well with everyone going insane! It's probably one of the best selling or THE BEST selling secret wars tie in comics. Heck, before it was released, regular news sites were talking about it, specially ones not into comics. It was big!

Your not the only one suspecting this could be the year. Some fans theorize that Marvel planned from the beginning that OMD was only temporary and would end at a certain point. Since Marvel is all about their dates and the like, Marvel wouldn't pass up on an opportunity to end OMD a decade after it began. It's the perfect time and causes old and new fans alike to grab issues and go nuts.

They are no real solid facts to this but they are some elements that show it could happen. The peices are slowly coming together as we just had another Civil War, references to the whole OMD story, Mary Jane gathering more popularity, Marvel realizing they have to fix up stuff and promising to go back to a status quo, Renew Your Vows is ongoing and hundreads of people point out it kinda reminds you of Superman Rebirth. There's pieces there that can happen and it's plausible yet we have no evidence...though we had no evidence Peter was going to sell his marriage to satan either.

Sadly, we could be terribly wrong and Marvel corporate knows the Marriage sells so well they decide to give us AU married worlds to gather cashflow....yet if that's the case. It won't last long cause if they think OMD was bad...today's society riots about alotta stuff and the internet is larger than ever.

Possibilities:

1. OMD was enacted but with the duration of approximately ten years with Marvel overturning this decision and restoring the marriage in-continuity.
    2. OMD was enacted without the possibility of it being retconned but with Secret Wars they decided to make a cash grab and make RYV to pander to marriage fans. Since it was a success they will do like Spider Girl and continue the Spider Marriage as an AU.
    3. Marvel is releasing RYV and making all these teases, lifting hopes up and alluding to the idea of retconning OMD only to pull a massive April Fools and never negate OMD.

I used to just want the marriage back and pick up where Peter and MJ REFUSED Mephisto. However with RYV I find that I don't wanna go back. Rather I want RYV to become the Spider Man status quo. I just can't bring myself to see Peter and MJ together without Annie with whom I've become really attached and endeared to except for Stan Lee's newspaper strip.

Case in point, I want OMD retconned but with RYV taking over. Maybe even release a satellite miniseries that deals with continuity since Civil War to the present and explains how RYV melds with 616. Hopefully they can crap on Slott's work just like Quesada crapped on JMS' inspired run.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @marvelman92 said:
    @itsaworld said:

NO! No more uncle Ben.

Look, if we had Howard Stark appear in the series, Uncle Ben is going to appear too. We need to at least establish he had existed. There will probably be flashbacks of the guy at some point or Peter will see illusions of him in the future when fighting people like Mysterio or Thanos.

Stuff is going to happen and we will have brief moments where we do see Uncle Ben. He is a big part of the mythos and thus he will appear in some regard. Perhaps family videos and some photos around the house. Maybe they will go big at one point and Peter will put on the BARF glasses and get to talk to him one last time.

They won't constantly bring him up but they will let it be known he was a big figure in Peter's life. There will probably be a few references of him through the stories but maybe a bit less, as it would seem this version will be making Aunt May more active in her role, specially cause she is younger and more of a motherly age but seems to be competent and caring.

I can only tolerate verbal references. There's really no need to cast him again. It's like watching Batman's parents getting killed over and over again. Peter is Spider Man therefore Uncle Ben must've died, yadda yadda yadda, its a given.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

I can only tolerate verbal references. There's really no need to cast him again. It's like watching Batman's parents getting killed over and over again. Peter is Spider Man therefore Uncle Ben must've died, yadda yadda yadda, its a given.

There's a difference between Uncle Ben and the Waynes to an extent. Ben's teachings and words of wisdom are what truly make Peter spiderman and not fully his death. The Waynes death fulled the beginning of Batman's transformation as he learned that even having such immense power, corruption and evil could still affect him and take away what he loved. The death of uncle ben made peter learn how strong Ben's words trully were.

I'm not talking about a huge part though with an appearance. I'm talking like 90s spider-man cartoon appearance. Like every so often, the show would reference and show uncle ben. It mostly was never about his death though (heck! they never even showed him dying, just the cops coming over to the house and peter catching the robber) his appearance always focused on words of wisdom he gave Peter. In the show it was not only 'great power comes with great responsibility' it was also other things such as 'peter has strength but what he lacks is confidence in himself'. Just brief moments like a flashback make him seem like he existed.

Like lets say you watch a film and in this film they constantly talk about some family member who died, yet you never see this person. You never see their picture, you never see a flashback, you see nothing of them, yet the characters will often mention them as if they are integral in some way to the plot or to their character development. Even though they hold so much value to the characters, the audience will feel kinda left out. Since we don't see anything of them, how can we actually consider they really exist? We see no evidence of any kind showing that they existed prior. Showing uncle ben, even briefly, makes the story more real.

MCU will probably show him at least once but it will be brief, subtle, and quick. I think they wanna focus on him like they did in the 90s cartoon. Yeah, one day they will reference uncle Ben's death, but they won't constantly go back to it like the other films did. And yeah ASM didn't do that alot, but they replaced it with the death of his father...his mom was apparently not that useful...wtf. It's the same formula.

MCU will probably wanna show other aspect of Ben aside from 'he died so peter became spiderman'. I hope they do it more like the 90s cartoon.

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, I would like to see more of Peter and MJ's relationship before children, assuming they keep MJ like she originally was (supportive, and not always worrying). Buut, the family dynamic is cool too. :)

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22126  Edited By ZariusII

@ursaber

@animehunter

@itsaworld

@marvelman92

It's entirely possible that Secret Empire will make use of an already existing in-built macguffin to justify a very quick return to the old school elements of the Marvel Universe, and that is Kobik and her reality warping, since we've seen how it readjusted Steve to suit the Skull's neferious purposes, using it to reallign all of reality in a positive light is likely. Ideally, since Peter plays a big part in the event, he should be the one to convince Kobik to use her powers responsibly, and his "reward" could be his life returned to the way it normally was...back at the Bugle, or working for Jameson's news station, and an everyman hero with MJ and Annie at his side, and nobody retains any memory of Parker Industries and it's incompetant CEO.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

@ursaber

@animehunter

@itsaworld

@marvelman92

It's entirely possible that Secret Empire will make use of an already existing in-built macguffin to justify a very quick return to the old school elements of the Marvel Universe, and that is Kobik and her reality warping, since we've seen how it readjusted Steve to suit the Skull's neferious purposes, using it to reallign all of reality in a positive light is likely. Ideally, since Peter plays a big part in the event, he should be the one to convince Kobik to use her powers responsibly, and his "reward" could be his life returned to the way it normally was...back at the Bugle, or working for Jameson's news station, and an everyman hero with MJ and Annie at his side, and nobody retains any memory of Parker Industries and it's incompetant CEO.

One can only hope but I cringe at the idea of Peter being back under Jameson's employ.

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @zariusii said:

@ursaber

@animehunter

@itsaworld

@marvelman92

One can only hope but I cringe at the idea of Peter being back under Jameson's employ.

This, and this. One thing I do like about Conway's run is Peter uses his smarts like he used to. Not necessarily in a lab building crazy tech, but reverse engineering (to some extent) Regent's power suit is pretty awesome.

BlackSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22129  Edited By BlackSuit

Hi guys. We had a lot of news in one day, thanks to @animehunter for posting this here. Here is my two cents.

Marvel’s Big Plans For 2017 – Never Mind The Politics

COMICS: Expect The Marvel Universe To Look A Lot More Like Its Old Self By The Fall

Marvel Comics Brings Back The A-Listers For 2018

Marvel is showing they (FINALLY) understand the situation and will act, with the sales sinking and the media that follow comics making critics they didn't had too much choice.

They are right in stopping political commentaries in comics, people are sick of this and the writers do it in such hamfisted and transparent way that just make everything worse. Politics and social activism were always present in comic books, however if the authors doesn't seem to know how to approach this themes with intelligence and elegance, it is better they just doesn't do it.

Bringing the core heroes is again the wisest thing to do, without them the Marvel Universe becomes unrecognizable and stale, they sustain everything and with their titles strong other heroes can grow as well.

Marvel suffered a big braindrain in the last years in a way that is impossible to not feel the losses. They need to hire big names and give them their important titles.

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjparks said:
    @ursaber said:
    @zariusii said:

@ursaber

@animehunter

@itsaworld

@marvelman92

This, and this. One thing I do like about Conway's run is Peter uses his smarts like he used to. Not necessarily in a lab building crazy tech, but reverse engineering (to some extent) Regent's power suit is pretty awesome.

I find Peter working under Jameson fine depending on who writes it. Gerry Conway has shown it can work but you have to put in effort.

I will agree, the tech he designs and works with in RYV seems more Spidey and Peterish than anything he makes at PI. Spideycar? REALLY?! THE THING YOU HATED?!

Peter will be playing a big role in Secret Empire? Do you think this is why they showcased OMD in the Spiderman/DP story? You think he's going to learn what happened and get magic cube kid to save his life? If so, magic cube kid gets a pass from me.

The thing is, if Peter really gets Kobik to fix the problems there has to be certain rules:

• he'd have to of known about the OMD deal. If not, it would be pretty much him trying to force a marriage between him and MJ against her will wich he would be against. Kobik could also inform him of his timeline getting disorted and offering to fix it...i dunno
    • he'd have to interact with Kobik more than any other person during this event. Perhaps even more than Captain America. The Secret Empire maybe more trying to focus on Kobik making up for her actions and saving Cap than anything, but to get Peter in the mix, he has to have large interactions with cube kid. Protecting her, saving her or even granting advice could be the push needed.
    • he needs a genuine active and big role in this event. Remember civil war 2 how they said Spider-Man would choose Captain Marvel's side...yet he never really did anything in the event? I know that was because of Slott and Bendis, but still, they could be just using him to gather more readers and focus will pull more for other characters.
    • The last ASM event has to end before the release Secret Empire. Slott likes writing long and grueling story lines that, as we know from current stuff, has no real impact on the story and has a ton of side plots and books. One reason he didn't want CW2 to effect Peter so much is because he wanted to continue his event Clone Conspiracy. The Goblin Storyline will have to fully finish before any restoration can occur
    • MJ has to be present. MJ is largeley part of the Spiderman mythos, especially in the romance and marriage. If she is not there to give her 2 cents to this event, it will fall flat. MJ has to be an active part if we are to probably see Kobik save the weddingbells.
    ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22132  Edited By ursaber

Hi guys. We had a lot of news in one day, thanks to @animehunter for posting this here. Here is my two cents.

Marvel’s Big Plans For 2017 – Never Mind The Politics

COMICS: Expect The Marvel Universe To Look A Lot More Like Its Old Self By The Fall

Marvel Comics Brings Back The A-Listers For 2018

Marvel is showing they (FINALLY) understand the situation and will act, with the sales sinking and the media that follow comics making critics they didn't had too much choice.

They are right in stopping political commentaries in comics, people are sick of this and the writers do it in such hamfisted and transparent way that just make everything worse. Politics and social activism were always present in comic books, however if the authors doesn't seem to know how to approach this themes with intelligence and elegance, it is better they just doesn't do it.

Bringing the core heroes is again the wisest thing to do, without them the Marvel Universe becomes unrecognizable and stale, they sustain everything and with their titles strong other heroes can grow as well.

Marvel suffered a big braindrain in the last years in a way that is impossible to not feel the losses. They need to hire big names and give them their important titles.

Just hope they restore Spider Man. That's the priority.

OG Wolverine and Hulk need to return. The Young X-Men need to go away and OG Jean Grey and Professor X also need to return.

Fantastic Four, I MISS THEM SO MUCH!

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to need you to sit down and think ABOUT WHAT THE HECK YOU JUST SAID!!!!

CORNER OF SHAME RIGHT NOW!

We all know how I feel about the dang car....

Okay, so here's the deal with the MCU and Spideycar. MCU is being produced by people who ACTUALLY get very immersive into the stories of their characters and want to do a good job making the stories realistic and fun. Spidey mobile was a joke to sell toys and was always used as a gag untill Slott tried to go all PIMP MY RIDE on it with awful results.

I can see Hasbro making a toy of the car for the sake of the car even though it wouldn't even appear in the films. Toy companies tend to make toys that don't even have any substance or form from the media they derive from.

Like if they ever even tried to introduce the car, It would transform the film into a Nickelodeon special. For starters, Peter does not have access to the Baxter building and thus Tony stark would have to assist him. He isn't in college and is only turning 16 thus making the car would not be driven by a need to pay rent but by the desire to be a 16 year old with a friggin car, one of the most annoying tropes for teen characters and way against Peter's personality. The alternative is that Tony Stark would make him the car....and I know this guy has been known to make bad decisions before but producing such a thing would make one question Tony's IQ level as Peter is only 16, he has web fluid and ways of transport, tony even helped optimize the shooters so he knows they exits...so WHY A FRIGGIN CAR THAT WOULD TAKE MUCH MORE TIME AND EFFORT TO BRING TO PLACES?!

It's just dumb

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjparks said:
    @ursaber said:
    @zariusii said:

@ursaber

@animehunter

@itsaworld

@marvelman92

I find Peter working under Jameson fine depending on who writes it. Gerry Conway has shown it can work but you have to put in effort.

I will agree, the tech he designs and works with in RYV seems more Spidey and Peterish than anything he makes at PI. Spideycar? REALLY?! THE THING YOU HATED?!

Peter will be playing a big role in Secret Empire? Do you think this is why they showcased OMD in the Spiderman/DP story? You think he's going to learn what happened and get magic cube kid to save his life? If so, magic cube kid gets a pass from me.

The thing is, if Peter really gets Kobik to fix the problems there has to be certain rules:

• he'd have to of known about the OMD deal. If not, it would be pretty much him trying to force a marriage between him and MJ against her will wich he would be against. Kobik could also inform him of his timeline getting disorted and offering to fix it...i dunno
    • he'd have to interact with Kobik more than any other person during this event. Perhaps even more than Captain America. The Secret Empire maybe more trying to focus on Kobik making up for her actions and saving Cap than anything, but to get Peter in the mix, he has to have large interactions with cube kid. Protecting her, saving her or even granting advice could be the push needed.
    • he needs a genuine active and big role in this event. Remember civil war 2 how they said Spider-Man would choose Captain Marvel's side...yet he never really did anything in the event? I know that was because of Slott and Bendis, but still, they could be just using him to gather more readers and focus will pull more for other characters.
    • The last ASM event has to end before the release Secret Empire. Slott likes writing long and grueling story lines that, as we know from current stuff, has no real impact on the story and has a ton of side plots and books. One reason he didn't want CW2 to effect Peter so much is because he wanted to continue his event Clone Conspiracy. The Goblin Storyline will have to fully finish before any restoration can occur
    • MJ has to be present. MJ is largeley part of the Spiderman mythos, especially in the romance and marriage. If she is not there to give her 2 cents to this event, it will fall flat. MJ has to be an active part if we are to probably see Kobik save the weddingbells.

Kobik would need to detect that something is not right with Peter. Kobik needs to detect Mephisto's demonic influence over him and how rooted is it and if it affects anyone else. MJ needs to leave Stark Industries. Its insulting. The forced marriage bit can be easily overcome with awareness and good storytelling. Case in point, for any of us who believe in the Mephistoverse, Peter and MJ are still married even if they don't remember it because their minds or personal reality was altered.

I don't think MJ will be much in the main Secret Empire storyline but maybe she can appear in the ASM tie ins or sadly in the Iron Man tie ins. DESPISE MJ WORKING AT STARK!

Kobik could also detect anomalies in all of the present superheroes like, something is wrong with all of them and he needs to fix it.

I would love to pitch Marvel a get out of jail free card. The Mephisto Imperative. Marvel can blame the past ten years of bad Spider Man and Marvel stories on Mephisto who is revealed to have been the architect of Civil War, the continued hero vs hero conflicts, the out of character heroes, the unwanted deaths and every bad editorial decision ever made can be blamed on Mephisto meddling in the affairs of Earth 616. Its revealed that Mephisto did all of this to generate power from the heroes and create a cosmic bomb that will engulf the universe with a Malevolent Wave and have evil triumph over good. The entire Marvel universe bands together against Mephisto and his defeat triggers a restoration. Spider Man's OMD is retconned, Iron Man is no longer a superhero poison, F4 returned, X-Men as heroes again, etc.

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to need you to sit down and think ABOUT WHAT THE HECK YOU JUST SAID!!!!

CORNER OF SHAME RIGHT NOW!

We all know how I feel about the dang car....

Okay, so here's the deal with the MCU and Spideycar. MCU is being produced by people who ACTUALLY get very immersive into the stories of their characters and want to do a good job making the stories realistic and fun. Spidey mobile was a joke to sell toys and was always used as a gag untill Slott tried to go all PIMP MY RIDE on it with awful results.

I can see Hasbro making a toy of the car for the sake of the car even though it wouldn't even appear in the films. Toy companies tend to make toys that don't even have any substance or form from the media they derive from.

Like if they ever even tried to introduce the car, It would transform the film into a Nickelodeon special. For starters, Peter does not have access to the Baxter building and thus Tony stark would have to assist him. He isn't in college and is only turning 16 thus making the car would not be driven by a need to pay rent but by the desire to be a 16 year old with a friggin car, one of the most annoying tropes for teen characters and way against Peter's personality. The alternative is that Tony Stark would make him the car....and I know this guy has been known to make bad decisions before but producing such a thing would make one question Tony's IQ level as Peter is only 16, he has web fluid and ways of transport, tony even helped optimize the shooters so he knows they exits...so WHY A FRIGGIN CAR THAT WOULD TAKE MUCH MORE TIME AND EFFORT TO BRING TO PLACES?!

It's just dumb

Hahaha!!! I figured I'd get that response!

What's kind of cool is Spider-Man might become more classic after Infinity War: loner after being burned by Tony, being strapped for cash and web fluid after Tony leaves, maybe mending his own costume, etc., etc.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22136  Edited By ItsaWorld

@ursaber said:

Kobik would need to detect that something is not right with Peter. Kobik needs to detect Mephisto's demonic influence over him and how rooted is it and if it affects anyone else. MJ needs to leave Stark Industries. Its insulting. The forced marriage bit can be easily overcome with awareness and good storytelling. Case in point, for any of us who believe in the Mephistoverse, Peter and MJ are still married even if they don't remember it because their minds or personal reality was altered.

I don't think MJ will be much in the main Secret Empire storyline but maybe she can appear in the ASM tie ins or sadly in the Iron Man tie ins. DESPISE MJ WORKING AT STARK!

Kobik could also detect anomalies in all of the present superheroes like, something is wrong with all of them and he needs to fix it.

I would love to pitch Marvel a get out of jail free card. The Mephisto Imperative. Marvel can blame the past ten years of bad Spider Man and Marvel stories on Mephisto who is revealed to have been the architect of Civil War, the continued hero vs hero conflicts, the out of character heroes, the unwanted deaths and every bad editorial decision ever made can be blamed on Mephisto meddling in the affairs of Earth 616. Its revealed that Mephisto did all of this to generate power from the heroes and create a cosmic bomb that will engulf the universe with a Malevolent Wave and have evil triumph over good. The entire Marvel universe bands together against Mephisto and his defeat triggers a restoration. Spider Man's OMD is retconned, Iron Man is no longer a superhero poison, F4 returned, X-Men as heroes again, etc.

Just like how DC used the Watchmen as their own scapegoat. Even though the Watchmen were used as a target for audience's anger towards the current status, it was effective and made sense in some ways. It works and gathers interest in the Watchmen once more along with granting an answer to current problems with some logic behind it.

Marvel using Mephisto would be even more plausible and would be well loved by many Marvel people. The deal did state that anyone who was close to Peter or MJ would suffer from the deal, and that means that everything that happened after Civil War could be thanks to OMD. Mephisto is the perfect Scapegoat for their stories currently and would be well received by everyone.

@bjparks said:

What's kind of cool is Spider-Man might become more classic after Infinity War: loner after being burned by Tony, being strapped for cash and web fluid after Tony leaves, maybe mending his own costume, etc., etc.

Tony is going to burn Peter? Was that confirmed? Cause I don't see that happening.

What I do see is that Peter will want to work alone at some point. From reports on the affairs of the MCU Spider-Man movies, they said they want to go a Harry Potter route. Most suspect that this means the films will become darker as time goes on. The Darker stories of Spider-Man involve Green Goblin and much tragedy within Peter's life.

We will probably see green goblin in the later part of the films and will cause grief to Peter in a way that makes him not want to implement people anymore into his life. Maybe it will be so bad that others will try and get him to give up on heroics all together yet Peter will defy them and attempt to continue his fight against crime. I hope that if they do a green goblin story, the film focuses more on revenge than tragedy and loss. Yes, loss was a big part of the green goblin story but what made it truly memorable was that Peter was fueled by revenge and rage, and when Norman supposedly died, he realized his actions were wrong and it brought no ease to his pain. In the original story, Spider-Man was also accused of Norman Osborne's murder. They could use that as Spider-Man now being a wanted criminal. Perhaps Ross uses the Accords to get IronMan and the other signers to hunt down Peter. Because of this Peter cannot go back to Stark tower, cannot meet his old mentors and will feel utterly alone. Perhaps they could even use the presence of MJ to emphasize that Peter is learning he isn't alone in this and there will always be a brighter tomorrow.

An alternative to tragedy is the accords. Heroes who work on global scale threats have to sign the accords or hide away like Captain America does. When Peter hits 18, he will be seen as an adult and Tony will tell him what the Accords are. Peter will decide to not sign and thus will have to fend for himself more. The film that focuses on this, will be about coming of age and finding independence and strength within yourself. Peter will show Tony he doesn't need him to be a hero and will continue to be a great hero without Stark's help.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @zariusii said:

@ursaber

@animehunter

@itsaworld

@marvelman92

Well, Hopefully Like You Said He'll Work For Multiple Newspaper, Publishing, And Other Media Industry And Be A Photojournalist For Hire.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22138  Edited By ZariusII

@animehunter

@marvelman92

@ursaber

@blackspidey2099

@riscrit

@itsaworld

@blacksuit

A Tentative Schedule For Diamond’s Chicago Summit – And Who Will Be Presenting

Timed ahead of C2E2 in Chicago… where the comic book retailers will meet, greet, schmooze, deal and moan about shipping charges. Held from April 19th to the 21st, Gold sponsors of the event are Boom, Dark Horse, DC, Dynamite, IDW, Image, Lion Forge and Marvel. Silver sponsors are Action Lab, Diamond Select and Valiant. Bronze sponsors are Albatross Funnybooks, AfterShock Comics, Anomaly, Guardian Knight, OninPress, Viz Media, Yen Press and Z2 Comics, so expect announcements, gifts and presentations from all these people.

No Caption Provided

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, Hopefully Like You Said He'll Work For Multiple Newspaper, Publishing, And Other Media Industry And Be A Photojournalist For Hire.

That or if Bendis still wants to use MJ in Stark Industries, we could see Peter working at Stark's company as well employed to work on tech and photography. I mean...it could work. It would also give Riri some guidance to her being a hero and there would be very little alterations to some of Slott's stories so new readers could easily get on board. Most of the larger changes would be that PI would have just been another Stark building or a branch of Stark Industries that began when Tony moves most of his company to California. That way Peter wouldn't have been such an immense powerhouse and such a big icon yet would of been a bit well off and helping work in a huge company filled with it's own problems and intrigue. Thus if the revamped PI went down, Peter's image would not be tarnished and more of the ups and downs of departments.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22140  Edited By ZariusII

@itsaworld So essentially, put Peter back with Tony's company as if the whole of Civil War I did'nt happen....yeah, I don't know if I'd settle for that. Bad enough Tony barely acknowledges the relationship he had with Peter because his mind has went through one two many lapses, it's even worse that MJ works for him when she should hold him to account for endangering her family. You can get a lot of milage out of a desperate Peter and MJ sinking to those levels to work for Stark, but I would have much preferred there to have been an existing struggle to reach that. The abandoment of continuity and character consistency has hurt the potential for that kind of broad storytelling that takes advantage of the previous decade's worth of stories.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22141  Edited By ItsaWorld

@zariusii said:

@itsaworld So essentially, put Peter back with Tony's company as if the whole of Civil War I did'nt happen....yeah, I don't know if I'd settle for that. Bad enough Tony barely acknowledges the relationship he had with Peter because his mind has went through one two many lapses, it's even worse that MJ works for him when she should hold him to account for endangering her family. You can get a lot of milage out of a desperate Peter and MJ sinking to those levels to work for Stark, but I would have much preferred there to have been an existing struggle to reach that. The abandoment of continuity and character consistency has hurt the potential for that kind of broad storytelling that takes advantage of the previous decade's worth of stories.

I see your points but what if they had explanation for this as well.

We all know OMD is pretty much responsible for the marriage ending but it's also responsible for everyone forgetting Peter's identity. Yeah you can complain that Steven Strange made this happen, but it was only Mephisto magic that made this ever fully come into effect. Plus, the spell is broken when people see Peter unmask to them.

You could either state that A. Kobik patched the timeline and altered the events that Peter never made the devil deal and Tony somewhat made amends with him. As an apology, he hid Peter secretly until they found a new alternative way to make people forget his identity, later making him an employee. Or B. Kobik keeps the Steven strange magic intact but a battle commences where Tony unmasks Peter and recalls everything. As an apology, after Jameson fires Peter, Tony hires him to work at Stark industries. Peter at first is uneasy and reluctant but finally accepts that Tony is trying to do the right thing. After Tony goes insane in California, Peter, feeling a bit betrayed once more but does not want to go up against Tony again, attempts to move the New York branch in a different direction only to be possessed by Doc Ock soon after.

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjparks said:

Tony is going to burn Peter? Was that confirmed? Cause I don't see that happening.

What I do see is that Peter will want to work alone at some point. From reports on the affairs of the MCU Spider-Man movies, they said they want to go a Harry Potter route. Most suspect that this means the films will become darker as time goes on. The Darker stories of Spider-Man involve Green Goblin and much tragedy within Peter's life.

We will probably see green goblin in the later part of the films and will cause grief to Peter in a way that makes him not want to implement people anymore into his life. Maybe it will be so bad that others will try and get him to give up on heroics all together yet Peter will defy them and attempt to continue his fight against crime. I hope that if they do a green goblin story, the film focuses more on revenge than tragedy and loss. Yes, loss was a big part of the green goblin story but what made it truly memorable was that Peter was fueled by revenge and rage, and when Norman supposedly died, he realized his actions were wrong and it brought no ease to his pain. In the original story, Spider-Man was also accused of Norman Osborne's murder. They could use that as Spider-Man now being a wanted criminal. Perhaps Ross uses the Accords to get IronMan and the other signers to hunt down Peter. Because of this Peter cannot go back to Stark tower, cannot meet his old mentors and will feel utterly alone. Perhaps they could even use the presence of MJ to emphasize that Peter is learning he isn't alone in this and there will always be a brighter tomorrow.

An alternative to tragedy is the accords. Heroes who work on global scale threats have to sign the accords or hide away like Captain America does. When Peter hits 18, he will be seen as an adult and Tony will tell him what the Accords are. Peter will decide to not sign and thus will have to fend for himself more. The film that focuses on this, will be about coming of age and finding independence and strength within yourself. Peter will show Tony he doesn't need him to be a hero and will continue to be a great hero without Stark's help.

I like all of these ideas. And no, not confirmed, but you can kinda see it in the way Peter feels about Tony's authority. Maybe it's just a bit of a brief disagreement, or it could be foreshadowing to a greater rift between them.

As a sidenote, best conversation in the MCU IMO:

Spider-Man: Hey guys, you ever see that really old movie "The Empire Strikes Back"?

War Machine: Jesus, Tony, how old is this guy?

Iron Man: I don't know, I didn't carbon-date him....He's on the young side.

BlackSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

We all know OMD is pretty much responsible for the marriage ending but it's also responsible for everyone forgetting Peter's identity. Yeah you can complain that Steven Strange made this happen, but it was only Mephisto magic that made this ever fully come into effect. Plus, the spell is broken when people see Peter unmask to them.

You could either state that A. Kobik patched the timeline and altered the events that Peter never made the devil deal and Tony somewhat made amends with him. As an apology, he hid Peter secretly until they found a new alternative way to make people forget his identity, later making him an employee. Or B. Kobik keeps the Steven strange magic intact but a battle commences where Tony unmasks Peter and recalls everything. As an apology, after Jameson fires Peter, Tony hires him to work at Stark industries. Peter at first is uneasy and reluctant but finally accepts that Tony is trying to do the right thing. After Tony goes insane in California, Peter, feeling a bit betrayed once more but does not want to go up against Tony again, attempts to move the New York branch in a different direction only to be possessed by Doc Ock soon after.

That's a fairly firm outline I can get behind, good work. I guess I'm just used to the bullpen's mentally insufficient mentality.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

Sorry but that's just not a good idea. Peter going to work for Stark after all of that and with MJ is absolutely demeaning and embarrassing. Not to mention that Peter is now the CEO of a company much larger and powerful than Stark so it would be a massive downgrade. Peter shouldn't work for anyone. He should be his own independent boss and not have to subject himself to being an employee of Stark or Jameson, its embarrassing for an accomplished man like Peter Parker.

Peter unmasking would not undo the deal and neither would Aunt May dying (sad but true). Only a reality warper, or a being strong enough to contest with Mephisto can enact this. Maybe the Beyonder.

Spider Man is Spider Man and Iron Man is Iron Man. They are two separate lives and there's no need to intertwine them.

OMD's retcon is all just about Peter and MJ. Iron Man should have no more part or say in Peter's life. Their relationship ended with Civil War. Peter is a mentor and not a protege. They can become friends again in the future but there's no need to build this brotherhood type relationship with him like Iron Man has with Captain America.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The preview looks really good. Immonen is a great artist.

He Should Work On The Next Volume Of RYV Or Just Continue The Main Series With A New Writer Or Just Work On A New Spider-Man Title In The Main Universe. Same Goes For Jim Cheung. They Both Deserve Better From Slott .

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

knightwriteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mizerous: Spider-Gwen is a good idea for a 12-20 issues series or annual mini-series but her popularity is waning despite her appearances in cartoons and mobile games. It's not like "Gwen", Anya or any other female spider stands a snowballs chance in hell of reaching Mayday's status.

Mizerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mizerous: Spider-Gwen is a good idea for a 12-20 issues series or annual mini-series but her popularity is waning despite her appearances in cartoons and mobile games. It's not like "Gwen", Anya or any other female spider stands a snowballs chance in hell of reaching Mayday's status.

If that is the case then Mary Jane will suffering this same fate of not being as memorable as a Spider-Woman next to Mayday. Then again I don't compare other spider girls to her in the first place.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.