Spider-Man Comics Discussion

Avatar image for phaedrusgr
#151 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ninjablade09: Hmmmm, I could accept that...That or Ock becoming Doctor Octopus again having Peter's memories, perhaps even his body, like a new clone (he'd become automatically Pete's arch-nemesis - by the way, I don't think that it's going to happen, just saying an idea). Don't know...just end this travesty, is all I'm saying.

Avatar image for animehunter
#152 Edited by animehunter (8758 posts) - - Show Bio

Just read Superior Spider-Man #2 and like before if you haven't read yet, carry on at your risk.

When it comes to this issue all I cared about where 2 things, everything else I couldn't care less, for instance SSM trying to get it on with Mary Jane and being thwarted at every turn, although fun watching him squirm and me feeling uncomfortable when he went through Peters Memories, beyond that all I cared about where these.

  1. The main plot on the relationship between SSM and Mary Jane
  2. The Sub-plot involving Carlie Cooper

Even though I the way Mary Jane was written in terms that she still doesn't realise it's not Peter is still insulting to her character and intelligence, at least I like the way SSM broke up with Mary Jane and the anxiety I was feeling regarding this has been alleviated some what, at least to the extent that I don't have to worry about it too much anymore.

As for Carlie I really like the way it ended the issue, the fact that she has suddenly realised something was up with Peter and that there's a connection with what Peter told her in Amazing Spider-Man #700

Like everyone I hope they end this TRAVESTY soon, like issue 7+8

Avatar image for dh69
#153 Posted by DH69 (4324 posts) - - Show Bio

odds are they're gonna anounce a little superior spidey vs green goblin event within 6 months

Avatar image for ninjablade09
#154 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3255 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phaedrusgr: lol my ideas just come to me. Read the article and started typing. I think of so many fan-fiction stories in Algebra. Also designed a new Spidey costume using ideas from Superior and the new costume and yes I used silver soles.

Avatar image for spideyfan69
#155 Posted by spideyfan69 (206 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone think its funny how Otto is not even the least bit interested in Carlie as a love interest....wonder why?

Avatar image for gotwillpower
#156 Posted by gotwillpower (718 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phaedrusgr said:

@PunyParker: That's what I've been thinking. 7-8 will be the last stories of this travesty.

I used to have the opinion of G-Man, that Superior would last like a year or two, but now I can see it ending much sooner.

Avatar image for phaedrusgr
#157 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

@gotwillpower: I think that they were not expecting such a fan blast wave. Some experts claim a fan blast wave is a million times stronger than an ordinary one.

Avatar image for manbehindthewires
#158 Posted by Manbehindthewires (361 posts) - - Show Bio

feels like the gimmick may start wearing thin soon. really enjoying phantom-parker though!

Avatar image for Elbarto17
#159 Edited by PunyParker (15717 posts) - - Show Bio

@gotwillpower: Yeah,me too.....so SSM#2.....as Shamelesslysupportinaznballers said,too much Peter....this crossover-ish thing is getting....compicated....idk how Slott will manage to balance this thing.....i dont think he will,anyway....

And one thing about the art.....Stegman has to look more at his mouth openings....

No Caption Provided

These are getting ugly......

Avatar image for gotwillpower
#160 Posted by gotwillpower (718 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker: I think Slott's Superior run is probably going to have even more Phantom Peter. In fact, I'm pretty sure the whole run is going to hinge on Peter's dynamic. Maybe that's what Slott thought would be really fun? To make Spider-man a dynamic duo, except one member is a ghost?

Avatar image for shark_repellent_bat_spray
#161 Posted by Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray (767 posts) - - Show Bio

I had finally dealt with the fact that Peter died, I moved on and then I decided to give SSM a shot. After reading issue #1 I felt let down, why is Peter back in the picture so soon? He literally died last month. Personally, (after I had come to terms with it) I wanted Peter gone for years! If you're going to do such a huge story like killing off one of the most well known & most loved characters in the entire world at least stick by it for a while? A good example of this is Barry Allen, Sure he's not on the same level as Spider-Man but at least he was dead for a long time! Plus we got Wally West instead who, in most opinions, is a better Flash than Barry ever was. Marvel are incapable of change and they're only interested in our money. I bet most of you (myself included) feel robbed. I don't know about everybody else but I'll be dropping SSM and picking up something actually worth my time & money.

Avatar image for Elbarto17
#162 Posted by PunyParker (15717 posts) - - Show Bio

A popular member on Youtube by the name of Main Event TV seems to be having a disagreement with Amazing Spider-Man writer Dan Slott. He has more than 10,000 subscribers so a lot of eyes are seeing this online fight. Here are his two videos addressing the disagreement. He posts Slott’s replies in the videos. What are your thoughts?

Interesting....(part 1 is the down video..)

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Avatar image for Elbarto17
#163 Edited by PunyParker (15717 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this....masturba....OH GOD!!

No Caption Provided

SLOTT IS TURNING PETE INTO A F***** PERV!!

Oh! and....crazy town bananna-pants...?!?!?!....are you serious....Slott(MJ) said that Peter were saying this all the time....you all remember this fraze from Spiderman comicbook history......no?..... also the dude doesnt know how to write a female character....

Avatar image for sampsman
#164 Posted by Sampsman (76 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading the first two issues of SSM, it's becoming obvious (for me, anyway) what direction this story will be heading in. Octopeter is heading for a gradual transformation where he slowly becomes a "good" person. In issue no. 1 it was his hesitation to kill someone. In issue no. 2 it was his understanding of the relationship Peter and MJ and, subsequently, not acting on impulse to get it on with her. I think these realizations will continue to take place over the next several issues, until he slowly transforms into a good person and likeable character. At this point, the arc will culminate with his ultimate redemption, in which Octopeter gives the real Peter his body back and Doc Ock goes once and for all into the ether, never to be heard from again.

The circumstances as to how this actually transpires is anyone's guess - but I do think this is how all this will eventually pan out.

Thoughts? Is this theory plausible? Has anyone else already thought of this possibility?

Avatar image for phaedrusgr
#166 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker: Oh...now, I get the concept of superior...He's a superior mast...He can go on for hours...Slott, you pervert...

Avatar image for pulseangel666
#167 Posted by pulseangel666 (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sampsman said:

After reading the first two issues of SSM, it's becoming obvious (for me, anyway) what direction this story will be heading in. Octopeter is heading for a gradual transformation where he slowly becomes a "good" person. In issue no. 1 it was his hesitation to kill someone. In issue no. 2 it was his understanding of the relationship Peter and MJ and, subsequently, not acting on impulse to get it on with her. I think these realizations will continue to take place over the next several issues, until he slowly transforms into a good person and likeable character. At this point, the arc will culminate with his ultimate redemption, in which Octopeter gives the real Peter his body back and Doc Ock goes once and for all into the ether, never to be heard from again.

The circumstances as to how this actually transpires is anyone's guess - but I do think this is how all this will eventually pan out.

Thoughts? Is this theory plausible? Has anyone else already thought of this possibility?

Hope you are right!

Avatar image for phaedrusgr
#168 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sampsman: To be honest, between cursing Slott (I'm kidding, or am I not...) and searching for a comic to replace ASM, I had some ideas on what will happen. I thought of that possibility, but I discarded it. Why? Cause it would totally destroy the character of Octavius, one character that Slott loves a lot (SL-OTTO). Perhaps, Peter's generosity and magnanimity could give another chance to Doc Ock, like giving him the opportunity to reside his psyche or consciousness (it depends on Slott's point of view of the facts) in another body, Peter's clone, Otto's clone, Otto's old but somehow repaired body...sincerely, don't know. There are many cards on the table, if you know what I mean.

Avatar image for Elbarto17
#169 Posted by PunyParker (15717 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phaedrusgr said:

@Sampsman: To be honest, between cursing Slott (I'm kidding, or am I not...) and searching for a comic to replace ASM, I had some ideas on what will happen. I thought of that possibility, but I discarded it. Why? Cause it would totally destroy the character of Octavius, one character that Slott loves a lot (SL-OTTO). Perhaps, Peter's generosity and magnanimity could give another chance to Doc Ock, like giving him the opportunity to reside his psyche or consciousness (it depends on Slott's point of view of the facts) in another body, Peter's clone, Otto's clone, Otto's old but somehow repaired body...sincerely, don't know. There are many cards on the table, if you know what I mean.

Υeah....like the character of Ock isnt already destroyed.....i liked him as a villian....i started hating him since he became that almost-dying freak,in Ends Of Earth....now my hatred has compeletely taken over the character,because....he ,i dont know,TOOK OVER MY FAVOURITE CHARACTER'S BODY!....

@Sampsman said:

After reading the first two issues of SSM, it's becoming obvious (for me, anyway) what direction this story will be heading in. Octopeter is heading for a gradual transformation where he slowly becomes a "good" person. In issue no. 1 it was his hesitation to kill someone. In issue no. 2 it was his understanding of the relationship Peter and MJ and, subsequently, not acting on impulse to get it on with her. I think these realizations will continue to take place over the next several issues, until he slowly transforms into a good person and likeable character. At this point, the arc will culminate with his ultimate redemption, in which Octopeter gives the real Peter his body back and Doc Ock goes once and for all into the ether, never to be heard from again.

The circumstances as to how this actually transpires is anyone's guess - but I do think this is how all this will eventually pan out.

Thoughts? Is this theory plausible? Has anyone else already thought of this possibility?

interesting.....very very interesting....(very)

Avatar image for silverageguy
#170 Posted by silverageguy (43 posts) - - Show Bio

@pulseangel666 said:

@Sampsman said:

After reading the first two issues of SSM, it's becoming obvious (for me, anyway) what direction this story will be heading in. Octopeter is heading for a gradual transformation where he slowly becomes a "good" person. In issue no. 1 it was his hesitation to kill someone. In issue no. 2 it was his understanding of the relationship Peter and MJ and, subsequently, not acting on impulse to get it on with her. I think these realizations will continue to take place over the next several issues, until he slowly transforms into a good person and likeable character. At this point, the arc will culminate with his ultimate redemption, in which Octopeter gives the real Peter his body back and Doc Ock goes once and for all into the ether, never to be heard from again.

The circumstances as to how this actually transpires is anyone's guess - but I do think this is how all this will eventually pan out.

Thoughts? Is this theory plausible? Has anyone else already thought of this possibility?

Hope you are right!

I still think the purpose of this arc is to return Peter to his original status as a down on his luck loner with no entangling female relationships. The deal with MJ in the current instalment pretty much puts the nail in the coffin of the Peter/MJ relationship, even when Peter returns. If MJ cant accept Peter as Spiderman there is no future for them together. I think Ock just drove that point home to both MJ and Ghost Peter. I believe that those who are waiting for a Peter/MJ reunion at the end of this story line are setting themselves up for further disapointment.

I believe this story arc will be the way Marvel wipes out 50 years of character development and reboots the franchise for the next 50 years. When its done, Peter will have to repair old friendships, find a new job, forget about being in the Avengers, and work on developing relationships with females other than M.J., none of which will be longterm or emotionally fulfilling. This is the direction Marvels editorial board has said it wants the spiderman character to go. Back to his original roots. So far, I think Im right on target.

Avatar image for phaedrusgr
#171 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

@silverageguy: Basically, they're making him again a TEENAGE MUTANT SPIDER MENACE!!!!!

Avatar image for silverageguy
#172 Posted by silverageguy (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Norman died back in ASM #122.  Should have stayed dead.

Avatar image for silverageguy
#173 Posted by silverageguy (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Hes not interested in Carlie because its the MJ/Peter dynamic Slot is trying to eliminate.

Avatar image for ninjablade09
#174 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3255 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker said:

Is this....masturba....OH GOD!!

No Caption Provided

SLOTT IS TURNING PETE INTO A F***** PERV!!

Oh! and....crazy town bananna-pants...?!?!?!....are you serious....Slott(MJ) said that Peter were saying this all the time....you all remember this fraze from Spiderman comicbook history......no?..... also the dude doesnt know how to write a female character....

Gross. That's really nasty. I feel bad for Pete. Plus isn't this comic trying to help get new audiences to read comics?!?!?!?!?!? This doesn't do that. Marvel NOW should have been DC's New 52.

Avatar image for phaedrusgr
#175 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker: At least now we know where Slott would thrive as a writer. The porn industry awaits you master!

Avatar image for ninjablade09
#176 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3255 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phaedrusgr: ewwww, your right he would be perfect there. Well at least I won't have to read it and I can actually read the mainstream spider-man again

Avatar image for darkxseraph
#177 Posted by DarkxSeraph (681 posts) - - Show Bio

... I hate this more and more.

Avatar image for Elbarto17
#178 Edited by PunyParker (15717 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ninjablade09: @Phaedrusgr:

Avatar image for ninjablade09
#179 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3255 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker said:

@Ninjablade09: @Phaedrusgr:

lol so that's where he said that. Funny thigh I was reading the death of gwen ealier

Avatar image for Elbarto17
#180 Posted by PunyParker (15717 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ninjablade09: this is ridiculus and sad at the same time.....damn you Slott,get lost

Avatar image for ninjablade09
#181 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3255 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker: I know, did you insert those or did you see it online

Avatar image for Elbarto17
#182 Posted by PunyParker (15717 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ninjablade09: online.....

Avatar image for ninjablade09
#183 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3255 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker: Interesting and funny. Wish they had never made MJ say it.

Avatar image for phaedrusgr
#184 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ninjablade09: Oh my, it was his favourite line! Never noticed before, but it was there from the very beginning! Aw, Slott, you do know your characters, don't you?

Avatar image for zyrok
#185 Posted by Zyrok (38 posts) - - Show Bio

@silverageguy said:

@pulseangel666 said:

@Sampsman said:

After reading the first two issues of SSM, it's becoming obvious (for me, anyway) what direction this story will be heading in. Octopeter is heading for a gradual transformation where he slowly becomes a "good" person. In issue no. 1 it was his hesitation to kill someone. In issue no. 2 it was his understanding of the relationship Peter and MJ and, subsequently, not acting on impulse to get it on with her. I think these realizations will continue to take place over the next several issues, until he slowly transforms into a good person and likeable character. At this point, the arc will culminate with his ultimate redemption, in which Octopeter gives the real Peter his body back and Doc Ock goes once and for all into the ether, never to be heard from again.

The circumstances as to how this actually transpires is anyone's guess - but I do think this is how all this will eventually pan out.

Thoughts? Is this theory plausible? Has anyone else already thought of this possibility?

Hope you are right!

I still think the purpose of this arc is to return Peter to his original status as a down on his luck loner with no entangling female relationships. The deal with MJ in the current instalment pretty much puts the nail in the coffin of the Peter/MJ relationship, even when Peter returns. If MJ cant accept Peter as Spiderman there is no future for them together. I think Ock just drove that point home to both MJ and Ghost Peter. I believe that those who are waiting for a Peter/MJ reunion at the end of this story line are setting themselves up for further disapointment.

I believe this story arc will be the way Marvel wipes out 50 years of character development and reboots the franchise for the next 50 years. When its done, Peter will have to repair old friendships, find a new job, forget about being in the Avengers, and work on developing relationships with females other than M.J., none of which will be longterm or emotionally fulfilling. This is the direction Marvels editorial board has said it wants the spiderman character to go. Back to his original roots. So far, I think Im right on target.

This! I even made a topic about that, basically, Superior is just another way to reboot Spidey.

Avatar image for ninjablade09
#186 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3255 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phaedrusgr: Of course he does being a HUGE Spider-man fan and all.

Avatar image for ninjablade09
#187 Edited by Ninjablade09 (3255 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for Elbarto17
#188 Posted by PunyParker (15717 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phaedrusgr said:

@Ninjablade09: Oh my, it was his favourite line! Never noticed before, but it was there from the very beginning! Aw, Slott, you do know your characters, don't you?

Yeah, he cares for us,readers.....awwww,such a good handsome and fit guy.....(yeah,i am being a dick now...)!

Avatar image for ninjablade09
#189 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3255 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker said:

@Phaedrusgr said:

@Ninjablade09: Oh my, it was his favourite line! Never noticed before, but it was there from the very beginning! Aw, Slott, you do know your characters, don't you?

Yeah, he cares for us,readers.....awwww,such a good handsome and fit guy.....(yeah,i am being a dick now...)!

Who cares, its not like Slott gonna see it and care

Avatar image for phaedrusgr
#190 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ninjablade09: Well, he doesn't really need to see it, since he does know he's a good, handsome and fit guy (two dicks now)!

Avatar image for ninjablade09
#191 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3255 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phaedrusgr: True he's as fit and handsome as Peter. (make it 3 dicks)

Avatar image for ninjablade09
#193 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3255 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol

Avatar image for ninjablade09
#194 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3255 posts) - - Show Bio

Started thinking, if Ghost Peter can grab things and swing from buildings, couldn't he find the gold octo-bot and use it when ock is sleeping?

Avatar image for innervenom123
#195 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29886 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ninjablade09 said:

Started thinking, if Ghost Peter can grab things and swing from buildings, couldn't he find the gold octo-bot and use it when ock is sleeping?

He's only been shown to be able to grab his own body.

Avatar image for ninjablade09
#196 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3255 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Ninjablade09 said:

Started thinking, if Ghost Peter can grab things and swing from buildings, couldn't he find the gold octo-bot and use it when ock is sleeping?

He's only been shown to be able to grab his own body.

1) that sounds weird

2) that's why I mentioned the swinging. He can walk climb and move like normal its just he cant be seen. I guess he has to stay by his body at all times.

Avatar image for wr3h
#197 Posted by wr3h (433 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ninjablade09 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Ninjablade09 said:

Started thinking, if Ghost Peter can grab things and swing from buildings, couldn't he find the gold octo-bot and use it when ock is sleeping?

He's only been shown to be able to grab his own body.

1) that sounds weird

2) that's why I mentioned the swinging. He can walk climb and move like normal its just he cant be seen. I guess he has to stay by his body at all times.

Doesn't SPock still have the metal cranium cast thingy?

Avatar image for ninjablade09
#198 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3255 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h said:

@Ninjablade09 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Ninjablade09 said:

Started thinking, if Ghost Peter can grab things and swing from buildings, couldn't he find the gold octo-bot and use it when ock is sleeping?

He's only been shown to be able to grab his own body.

1) that sounds weird

2) that's why I mentioned the swinging. He can walk climb and move like normal its just he cant be seen. I guess he has to stay by his body at all times.

Doesn't SPock still have the metal cranium cast thingy?

I don't think so. Wouldn't make sense to. He put it there to stop Peter from switching minds again. Now he thinks Pete's dead so there would be no reason to.

Avatar image for wr3h
#199 Posted by wr3h (433 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ninjablade09 said:

@wr3h said:

@Ninjablade09 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Ninjablade09 said:

Started thinking, if Ghost Peter can grab things and swing from buildings, couldn't he find the gold octo-bot and use it when ock is sleeping?

He's only been shown to be able to grab his own body.

1) that sounds weird

2) that's why I mentioned the swinging. He can walk climb and move like normal its just he cant be seen. I guess he has to stay by his body at all times.

Doesn't SPock still have the metal cranium cast thingy?

I don't think so. Wouldn't make sense to. He put it there to stop Peter from switching minds again. Now he thinks Pete's dead so there would be no reason to.

Better safe than sorry though

:P

Avatar image for ninjablade09
#200 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3255 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h said:

@Ninjablade09 said:

@wr3h said:

@Ninjablade09 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Ninjablade09 said:

Started thinking, if Ghost Peter can grab things and swing from buildings, couldn't he find the gold octo-bot and use it when ock is sleeping?

He's only been shown to be able to grab his own body.

1) that sounds weird

2) that's why I mentioned the swinging. He can walk climb and move like normal its just he cant be seen. I guess he has to stay by his body at all times.

Doesn't SPock still have the metal cranium cast thingy?

I don't think so. Wouldn't make sense to. He put it there to stop Peter from switching minds again. Now he thinks Pete's dead so there would be no reason to.

Better safe than sorry though

:P

True

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.