Spider-Man Comics Discussion

Avatar image for phaedrusgr
#101 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

@dagda: That's one essential problem. Murdering plot holes! Peter could have done a great deal of actions in order to defeat Doc (Avengers, MJ, Dr. Strange, FF - Dr. Reed and the list goes on and on). But, nooooo. He thinks that he should call a bunch of villains to help him to escape. That was fun, right? Wrong. That was shitty writing, Slot s!*#@!*%) all over our face. I read SSM#1, despite the fact I said to myself, I shouldn't. I dislike the whole thing, feeling that there's no sense in all this. I dropped it officialy waiting for someone else to take over. And to be honest, I used to like Slott...

Avatar image for pyrogram
#102 Posted by Pyrogram (46545 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h:

Avatar image for wr3h
#103 Posted by wr3h (433 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for strider1992
#104 Posted by Strider1992 (18501 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's Superior's fights with Superhero's thus far:

Vs DareDevil:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

Vs Wolverine:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3
Avatar image for x_29
#105 Posted by x_29 (2375 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

Here's Superior's fights with Superhero's thus far:

Vs DareDevil:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

Vs Wolverine:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Smh. This looks to be another Red Hulk situation: where in order to prove how badass the titular character is, he/she has to fight other well-known heroes and beat them.

Avatar image for strider1992
#106 Edited by Strider1992 (18501 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29: The only questionable thing about those scans is Spider-man KOing Logan. Everything else is pretty legit. DareDevil shouldn't stand much of a chance against a focused Spider-man and Logan shouldn't be able to land a hit due to the big gap between his and Spider-man's speed. The KO is the only thing that is slightly PIS-like. This is nowhere near as bad as Loeb-force Rulk.

Avatar image for nickzambuto
#107 Posted by nickzambuto (29288 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

Here's Superior's fights with Superhero's thus far:

Vs DareDevil:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

Vs Wolverine:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

I busted out laughing while reading the Daredevil fight.

Avatar image for vegandiet
#108 Posted by VeganDiet (1174 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29: What's so bad about the Daredevil fight? I mean he didn't even tag him once.

Avatar image for animehunter
#109 Edited by animehunter (8761 posts) - - Show Bio

If you haven't read Avenging Spider-Man #16, DO NOT CONTINUE, not unless you REALLY want to, because

We have the first to get seriously suspicious of SSM AKA SpOCK, and I am sure you can guess who, SNIKT and if that's the case, it would play quite nicely in the Superior Spider-Man is Fired arc coming in April

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for lastoblivion
#110 Posted by LastOblivion (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: Thanks for the scans!

OMFG YEEES, kicking wolverine's ass, Go Superior!

And wth, he K.O.ed Wolverine. Woah, was he weakened or anything?

Avatar image for x_29
#111 Posted by x_29 (2375 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for x_29
#112 Posted by x_29 (2375 posts) - - Show Bio

@VeganDiet said:

@x_29: What's so bad about the Daredevil fight? I mean he didn't even tag him once.

Nothing is bad about it, I'm just predicting a pattern with Superior Spock

Avatar image for vegandiet
#113 Posted by VeganDiet (1174 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29: I suppose that's a valid fear, but in the fight with Logan he only KO-ed him for a few second, and he didn't even really harm Daredevil, so I think it's too early to get worried about that.

Avatar image for ironhawk22
#114 Posted by Ironhawk22 (535 posts) - - Show Bio

The Amazing Spider-Man #700 was much better than Superior Spider-Man. The art was amazing, but the dialogue felt a bit off, more Mary Sue Spock, and disappointing cliffhanger. An enjoyable read, but it could have been a lot better. The cliffhanger should have been saved for later or not show Peter's face. Just the hand grabbing Otto's only for there to be nothing there. I'll read the second issue though.

Avatar image for cavalierchen28
#115 Posted by cavalierchen28 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss Peter's dialogue and witty banter during fight scenes. Spock's lines are nowhere near as endearing.

Avatar image for Elbarto17
#116 Posted by PunyParker (15717 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ironhawk22: I prefer the art of Superior aytime.....Stegman did good....

Avatar image for phaedrusgr
#117 Edited by Phaedrusgr (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

@cavalierchen28: Exactly my thoughts! I found the dialogues really dull and I've already missed Peter's unique style . Despite the fact that Stegman's art was absolutely superior (this guy is a real artist), SpOck was boring, the lines were dull and the way he fought them reminded me of Batman's prep style. D..n you, Slott. Thank God, Scarlet Spider is more than readable. Scarlet Spider is an amazing and superior read for me.

Avatar image for phaedrusgr
#118 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29: When I read those lines, I felt pretty much the same with poor ol'Stitch there...

Avatar image for zyrok
#119 Posted by Zyrok (38 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ironhawk22 said:

The Amazing Spider-Man #700 was much better than Superior Spider-Man. The art was amazing, but the dialogue felt a bit off, more Mary Sue Spock, and disappointing cliffhanger. An enjoyable read, but it could have been a lot better. The cliffhanger should have been saved for later or not show Peter's face. Just the hand grabbing Otto's only for there to be nothing there. I'll read the second issue though.

I hated the art in 700. Superior is much, much better in that department, imo. Honestly, I liked SpOck in Avenging, but didn't like him in Superior.

I think that Waid and Yost write a better SpOck than Slott. Oh, the irony

Avatar image for phaedrusgr
#120 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zyrok: Yost is a great writer. If you haven't seen what he's been doing with Kaine (Scarlet Spider), it's high time you checked. Nevertheless, I don't like the superior concept, therefore, I can't enjoy his writing in this one.

Avatar image for Elbarto17
#121 Posted by PunyParker (15717 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zyrok said:

@Ironhawk22 said:

The Amazing Spider-Man #700 was much better than Superior Spider-Man. The art was amazing, but the dialogue felt a bit off, more Mary Sue Spock, and disappointing cliffhanger. An enjoyable read, but it could have been a lot better. The cliffhanger should have been saved for later or not show Peter's face. Just the hand grabbing Otto's only for there to be nothing there. I'll read the second issue though.

I hated the art in 700. Superior is much, much better in that department, imo. Honestly, I liked SpOck in Avenging, but didn't like him in Superior.

I think that Waid and Yost write a better SpOck than Slott. Oh, the irony

Yost and Waid are BETTER writers than Slott......simple.....i read "Many Loves Of Amazing Spiderman" written by Yost,and it was the BEST Spider-Man interpretation,i've ever written......Slott is a mediocre writter,period...

Avatar image for phaedrusgr
#122 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker: And you, kind Sir, are the PROPHET, the TRUTH-TELLER! Despite the fact, Slott wrote some interesting stories, I consider him to be a mediocre writer. On the other hand, Yost seems to be a very talented writer, whose concepts are more solid, his stories are more interesting etc etc etc.

Avatar image for zyrok
#123 Posted by Zyrok (38 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker said:

@Zyrok said:

@Ironhawk22 said:

The Amazing Spider-Man #700 was much better than Superior Spider-Man. The art was amazing, but the dialogue felt a bit off, more Mary Sue Spock, and disappointing cliffhanger. An enjoyable read, but it could have been a lot better. The cliffhanger should have been saved for later or not show Peter's face. Just the hand grabbing Otto's only for there to be nothing there. I'll read the second issue though.

I hated the art in 700. Superior is much, much better in that department, imo. Honestly, I liked SpOck in Avenging, but didn't like him in Superior.

I think that Waid and Yost write a better SpOck than Slott. Oh, the irony

Yost and Waid are BETTER writers than Slott......simple.....i read "Many Loves Of Amazing Spiderman" written by Yost,and it was the BEST Spider-Man interpretation,i've ever written......Slott is a mediocre writter,period...

I think so too. I was just pointing out the irony of the situation. I mean, the three issues with SpOck that I read, Superior was the worst of the bunch.

I haven't read "Many Loves of Amazing Spiderman", but Scarlet Spider is awesome right now.

Anyways, I wish that Yost would write the main series, or Waid, seeing that all he writes for Marvel nowadays is gold, imo.

Avatar image for wr3h
#124 Posted by wr3h (433 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zyrok said:

@PunyParker said:

@Zyrok said:

@Ironhawk22 said:

The Amazing Spider-Man #700 was much better than Superior Spider-Man. The art was amazing, but the dialogue felt a bit off, more Mary Sue Spock, and disappointing cliffhanger. An enjoyable read, but it could have been a lot better. The cliffhanger should have been saved for later or not show Peter's face. Just the hand grabbing Otto's only for there to be nothing there. I'll read the second issue though.

I hated the art in 700. Superior is much, much better in that department, imo. Honestly, I liked SpOck in Avenging, but didn't like him in Superior.

I think that Waid and Yost write a better SpOck than Slott. Oh, the irony

Yost and Waid are BETTER writers than Slott......simple.....i read "Many Loves Of Amazing Spiderman" written by Yost,and it was the BEST Spider-Man interpretation,i've ever written......Slott is a mediocre writter,period...

I think so too. I was just pointing out the irony of the situation. I mean, the three issues with SpOck that I read, Superior was the worst of the bunch.

I haven't read "Many Loves of Amazing Spiderman", but Scarlet Spider is awesome right now.

Anyways, I wish that Yost would write the main series, or Waid, seeing that all he writes for Marvel nowadays is gold, imo.

We need Bendis

:)

Avatar image for pyrogram
#125 Posted by Pyrogram (46545 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h:

Avatar image for Elbarto17
#126 Edited by PunyParker (15717 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phaedrusgr said:

@PunyParker: And you, kind Sir, are the PROPHET, the TRUTH-TELLER! Despite the fact, Slott wrote some interesting stories, I consider him to be a mediocre writer. On the other hand, Yost seems to be a very talented writer, whose concepts are more solid, his stories are more interesting etc etc etc.

Thank you!.....i just point out my opinion :)

@wr3h said:

We need Bendis

:)

Definetelly......but not to kill Peter!

NO,kill that Peter and not the other....and then not to kill the Peter that will be back and then a kljlfkdjnflskfjn;sfnsfnsfsfs CRASH!!

Avatar image for seanfoster
#127 Posted by SeanFoster (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Slott's writing is very shlocky, the kind of writing that I can't stop rolling my eyes at. I'm also enjoying Doctor Spiderpus' appearances in everything but the Core title.

Avatar image for tdk_1997
#128 Posted by TDK_1997 (18763 posts) - - Show Bio

I was really surprised of how bad was actually Superior Spider-Man.It wasn't that bad but I just expected more and the cliffhanger in the end was something threw me off even more.

Avatar image for Elbarto17
#129 Posted by PunyParker (15717 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for phaedrusgr
#130 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker: On my birthday, I will have to see this atrocity...Thank you, Slott..."Raping" MJ, my childhood and my birthday. :p

Avatar image for Elbarto17
#131 Posted by PunyParker (15717 posts) - - Show Bio

The guy talks about Superior reactions,Slott,SONY rights to Spiderman movies,and EVETYRHING....worth watching!

Loading Video...
Avatar image for teerack
#132 Posted by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker: Great video.

Avatar image for phaedrusgr
#133 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker: Amazing video! Melancholy in my vains

Avatar image for decoy_elite
#134 Posted by Decoy Elite (30159 posts) - - Show Bio

That vid was neat. 
Slott sure is a jerk.

Avatar image for mighty_thorion
#135 Posted by Mighty Thorion (918 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like I'm in a big minority, but I'm actually enjoying "Superior" - and it is the first time in 20 years that I have read a Spider-Man title

Avatar image for decoy_elite
#136 Posted by Decoy Elite (30159 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mighty Thorion said:

Seems like I'm in a big minority, but I'm actually enjoying "Superior" - and it is the first time in 20 years that I have read a Spider-Man title

Might have something to with it.  
Superior sort of spits in the face of dedicated readers in many ways. 
Not that there's anything wrong with you enjoying it, just saying that not knowing all the characters as well(and thus not noticing when a character is being written out of character) factor into enjoying it.
Avatar image for darkxseraph
#137 Posted by DarkxSeraph (681 posts) - - Show Bio

"Not that there's anything wrong with you enjoying it, just saying that not knowing all the characters as well(and thus not noticing when a character is being written out of character) factor into enjoying it. "

This

Avatar image for death_certificate
#138 Posted by Death Certificate (5720 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker said:

The guy talks about Superior reactions,Slott,SONY rights to Spiderman movies,and EVETYRHING....worth watching!

Loading Video...

WOW slott is douchebag.

Avatar image for Elbarto17
#139 Posted by PunyParker (15717 posts) - - Show Bio

AND he sais right things about the whole movie rights Sony-Dysney-Marvel...

Avatar image for Elbarto17
#140 Posted by PunyParker (15717 posts) - - Show Bio

So....Superior Spider-Man #2.....thoughts?!

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
#141 Posted by StMichalofWilson (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker: A Superior Spider-Man. I wonder how Norman will feel about that...

Otto must be trippin'!
Otto must be trippin'!

I can't wait for this encounter...

Avatar image for ninjablade09
#142 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3255 posts) - - Show Bio

Heard Norman will appear in the summer Spidey event, maybe he's who gets Peter back. Would define their rivalry

Avatar image for Elbarto17
#143 Posted by PunyParker (15717 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ninjablade09: Would really like that! i love Norman....

Avatar image for pulseangel666
#144 Posted by pulseangel666 (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker: Damn, I have a huge dislike for slott all of a sudden..

Avatar image for ninjablade09
#145 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3255 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker: I know right it. The link to the article was posted in another thread. Don't remember which one though. So far its a rumor from insider knowledge. If its true YAY, if not I don't know how they plan on getting Peter back.

Avatar image for Elbarto17
#146 Edited by PunyParker (15717 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ninjablade09: What link?....i found that there are roumors that there 's gonna be a big Spider-Man event this summer.....maybe its the "Peter comeback"....we already saw that in SSM #7+8 is Pete's action......as i was saying during the month....(pay attention) Slott said they had 6 issues ready befor ASM700 and SSM1 came out.....i bet they saw the reactions and acted properly restoring Pete,from issue 7 and on....

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=73471

"There's a big Spider-Man event rumored for this summer so it's possible this could be it. More details as we have them."

Avatar image for phaedrusgr
#147 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker: That's what I've been thinking. 7-8 will be the last stories of this travesty.

Avatar image for shamelesslysupportinaznballers
#148 Posted by Shamelesslysupportinaznballers (553 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker said:

So....Superior Spider-Man #2.....thoughts?!

Too much Peter Parker.

Avatar image for ninjablade09
#149 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3255 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker: don't remember what forum it was in looked couldn't find it, but what ever Spider-men 2 is so freaking cool. With Spider-man 2099 coming back, possibility of Norman returning, and Miles if Spider-Men 2 is the big event I'm exited. Maybe Superior Spider-man goes to another dimension in a clone of Peter's. Then Pete gets his body, Ock is Spidey in another dimension hopefully Slott will write that tittle too, and fans can fell better. Maybe that's why Marvel launched Superior Spiderman.

Avatar image for gridde
#150 Posted by gridde (92 posts) - - Show Bio

Come ooon, Carlie! I think it's kinda hilarious that Peter's "soulmate" still can't tell the difference, but glad to see one of Peter's friends is on the ball.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.