Spider-Man Comics Discussion

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Bleeding Cool has highlighted the Illuminating Comics parody comic on Tumblr, mixing and mashing up Marvel comics for comic effect. Brilliant when avoiding their unhealthy obsession with Captain Marvel andMs Marvel, they have begun their long-awaited take on Secret Wars.

Currently running Road To Illuminated Wars, they have also taken the decision to run the full Illuminated Wars parody exclusively on 4chan /co….

Planned to be around 220 pages in total, the schedule is above.

It will be late of course. Here’s the first page…

It can only go downhill from here….

Bleeding Cool

@animehunter

@blackspidey2099

@punyparker

@amazingfantasy

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14353  Edited By Zarius

@animehunter: In the daily strip, Namor turns a deaf ear on Pharus' pleas and is still willing to kill Peter...only now MJ has shown up at the dock to beg Namor not to kill him for her own sake if noone elses. Given that Namor has spent the whole storyline pining for MJ in between threatening the surface world, I worry MJ is going to offer commitment to him in order to spare everyone, Peter included, from his wrath. Guess we'll find out soon. I think that Doctor who helped out Pharus could play a part too since she was also paying attention to the battle

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: Awful story. A shame because the last two .Point series were really good. Peter's anti-spiritual actions in this are ridiculous, he's fought tooth and nail with Kraven's spirit in "Spirit of the Hunter", in the same story, MJ told him that she witnessed a death of someone close to a friend of hers and revealed all she could see was an "old coat" with the person's essence gone. Peter thanked God for MJ in one issue of JMS's run, and then of course there's Mephisto, so where the hell is any of this coming from?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14357  Edited By animehunter

April 2016 Solicitations

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #10 & #11

DAN SLOTT (W) • GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI (A)

CoverS by ALEX ROSS

ISSUE #10 - CIVIL WAR VARIANT COVER BY TBA

• The 13th sign of the Zodiac is THE SPIDER?!?!?!

• Scorpio is on the verge of controlling the future and Spider-Man's fight will take
him on both sides of the English Channel.

• But when Scorpio compromises Parker Industries, what will this mean for Peter moving forward?!

32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T ...$3.99 (EACH)

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1.5

JOSE MOLINA (w) • SIMONE BIANCHI (a)

COVER BY SIMONE BIANCHI

VARIANT COVER BY TBA

• The final battle with the villain whose power trumps death!

• You know their foe is dangerous if they have Spider-Man and the Santerians on the ropes!

32 PGS./Rated T ...$3.99

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #8 (Spider-Man & Mary Jane)

BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • MIKE DEODATo (A/C)

“THE WAR MACHINES” PART 3!

• Spider-Man, War Machine and Iron Man team up to stop a brand new threat to the Marvel Universe…
like only they can. All this plus more hints to next summer’s insane Marvel blockbuster event.

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

A YEAR OF MARVELS: THE AMAZING #1

RYAN NORTH, AMY CHU (W) • DANILO BEYRUTH, RYAN BROWNE (A)

COVER BY JAMAL CAMPBELL

• Join us in a brand new Marvel comics adventure as your favorite heroes journey through the calendar year one month at a time!

• It's February and Peter Parker's got a hot date, but the old Parker luck hits hard...and so does the bank-robbing villain The Vulture!
It's a tale of romance, adventure, and punching! From Ryan North (SQUIRREL GIRL) and Danilo Beyruth!

• When business is down in March, Scott Lang's Ant-Man Security Solutions will take just about any job offered to them – including
stealing back stolen goods! But all is not as it seems! Join writer Amy Chu (Poison Ivy) and artist Ryan Browne (SECRET WARS TOO)
as they team together for this Spring Break themed heist!

40 PGS./One-Shot/Rated T+ ...$4.99

SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL #4

JOE KELLY (W) •ED MCGUINNESS (A/C)

• Double date, Deadpool style!

• Spider-Man finally agrees to hang out with Deadpool outside of adventures,
but he might regret it when he discovers that his date is a friend of Deadpool's wife,
Shiklah, demon queen of Monster Metropolis.

• Who's Deadpool's date? Guest-star THOR!

32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

SPIDER-MAN & SILK: THE SPIDER(FLY) EFFECT #2 (OF 4)

ROBBIE THOMPSON (W)

TODD NAUCK & TOM GRUMMETT (A)

COVER BY Stacey Lee

• Spider-Man & Silk have gone back in time...

• ...and accidentally stopped their own origins from happening!

• Thankfully, a friendly Forest Hills local is there to help out...

• ...A nice man named BEN.

40 PGS./Rated T ...$4.99

SPIDEY #5

ROBBIE THOMPSON (W) • NICK BRADSHAW (A/C)

• Spidey and Iron Man take on THE VULTURE!

• The most refreshing book in comics hits you right in the gut with this one!

32 PGS./Rated T ...$3.99

ALL-NEW INHUMANS #6

CHARLES SOULE (W) • ANDRE ARAUJO (A)

Cover by JAMAL CAMPBELL

• Something in the mysterious SKYSPEAR has changed Crystal from the Inhumans leader to their greatest threat!

• Can The Amazing Spider-Man and the rest of the Inhumans stop a woman who controls the four elements?

SPIDER-MAN 2099 #9

PETER DAVID (W) • WILL SLINEY (A)

Cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA

• Miguel and Tempest – reunited! But Miguel isn't about to get a happily ever after...

• The mysterious organization called FIST makes their next move, and Spider-Man 2099 gets a helping hand investigating what they're up to.

32 PGS./Rated T ...$3.99

SPIDER-MAN #3

BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • SARA PICHELLI (A/C)

VARIANT COVER BY TBA

CIVIL WAR VARIANT COVER BY MIKE PERKINS

• Miles finds himself face-to-face with his toughest villain yet- HIS GRANDMOTHER!!!

• And an Avengers-study session (date?) with Ms. Marvel goes horribly wrong!

32 PGS./Rated T ...$3.99

WEB-WARRIORS #6

MICHAEL COSTA (W) • DAVID BALDEON (A)

Cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO

• With the threat of the ELECTROVERSE sated (for now), what's an average day in the life of an interdimensional Spider-Man or Spider-Woman really like?

• Could it involve... MURDER?!

VENOM: SPACE KNIGHT #6

ROBBIE THOMPSON (W) • ARIEL OLIVETTI (A/C)

CAN A SYMBIOTE TRULY CHANGE ITS INKY BLACKNESS?

Flash and Pik Rollo cleverly penetrated Mercurio's defenses...by getting captured and thrown in his dungeon.
Can Mercurio corrupt the symbiote to serve as his suit and partner in atrocities? Is this the return of the big bad Venom?

CARNAGE #7

GERRY CONWAY (W) • MIKE PERKINS (A)

Cover by MIKE DEL MUNDO

• Carnage has evolved to the next level and the world is in deep trouble.

• Powered up, Carnage has set his sights far wider than ever before and with this new power
and his general psychopathic tendencies, the oceans are going to be red with blood.

• Can Man-Wolf, Toxin and crew possibly contain him?

ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT AVENGERS #8

MARK WAID (W) • ADAM KUBERT (A)

Cover by ALEX ROSS

CIVIL WAR VARIANT COVER BY MIKE MAYHEW

A STANDOFF tie-in!

• Trapped in Pleasant Hill, the Avengers can't tell the heroes from the villains -- and, worse,
they don't even recognize each other! How can the Avengers act like a team when they have no memory of one another?

Gwenpool #1

CHRISTOPHER HASTINGS (W) • GURIHIRU (A/C)

VARIANT COVER BY FRANCISCO HERRERA

VARIANT COVER BY STACEY LEE

hip-hop variant COVER by WOO DAE SHIM

YOUNG VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG

ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER

VARIANT COVER BY TBA

BLANK COVER ALSO AVAILABLE

2015's overnight internet sensation takes center stage in her own ongoing series!
Gwen Poole used to be a comic book reader just like you...until she woke up in a world
where the characters she read about seemed to be real! But they can't be, right?
This must all be fake, or a dream or something, right? And you know what that means...
NO CONSEQUENCES! Could Gwenpool truly be Marvel's least responsible and least
role-modely character to date? She can if she tries!

40 PGS./Rated T ...$4.99

SOME INFO ON THE SPIDER-WOMEN EVENT (From CBR)

CBR

The Spider-Man corner of the Marvel Comics publishing line is busier than ever, and many of the books don't even star Peter Parker -- with characters like "Spider-Gwen" and "Silk" taking the spotlight. In April, the three female-led Spider-titles -- "Spider-Gwen," "Silk" and "Spider-Woman" -- will crossover in the aptly titled "Spider-Women" event, and CBR has the exclusive first look at solicitations and cover text for the first four installments of the eight-part event, plus Marvel's handy checklist for the full story.

RELATED: Hopeless, Latour & Thompson Craft Cross-Dimensional Chaos in "Spider-Women"

Check back midday tomorrow for Marvel's full April 2016 solicitations!

SPIDER-WOMEN CHECKLIST

MARCH:

• PART ONE – SPIDER-WOMEN ALPHA #1
  • PART TWO – SPIDER-GWEN #7
  • PART THREE – SILK #7
  • PART FOUR – SPIDER-WOMAN #6

APRIL:

• PART FIVE – SPIDER-GWEN #8
  • PART SIX – SILK #8
  • PART SEVEN – SPIDER-WOMAN #7
  • PART EIGHT – SPIDER-WOMEN OMEGA #1

SPIDER-WOMEN ALPHA #1

Story by JASON LATOUR, DENNIS HOPELESS & ROBBIE THOMPSON

ROBBIE THOMPSON (W) • VANESA DEL REY (A)

Cover by YASMINE PUTRI

CONNECTING VARIANT COVER A BY J. SCOTT CAMPBELL

VARIANT COVER BY STACEY LEE

SPIDER-WOMEN PART 1!

The Spider-Event of 2016 is here, bringing SPIDER-GWEN, SILK and SPIDER-WOMAN together
for a story too big for any one of their books! Spider-Woman is taking a mentor-role
with
Silk and Spider-Gwen, and the three spider-heroes take a brunch break on Gwen’s Earth-65.
But when the nefarious spy organization S.I.L.K. and their leader (Earth-65’s Cindy Moon) notice
the
interdimensional interlopers, all of Jessica Drew’s plans go wrong.

40 PGS./One-Shot/Rated T+ …$4.99

SPIDER-GWEN #7

JASON LATOUR (W) • BENGAL (A)

Cover by YASMINE PUTRI

Variant COVER by ROBBI RODRIGUEZ

CONNECTING VARIANT COVER B BY J. SCOTT CAMPBELL

CIVIL WAR VARIANT COVER BY TBA

SPIDER-WOMEN, PART 2!

• Trapped in Earth-65, Spider-Gwen, Jessica Drew and Spider-Woman search for a way to
get Jessica home.

• Along the way, Jessica gets a tour of Gwen’s life and meets THE MARY JANES!

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

SILK #7

ROBBIE THOMPSON (W) • TANA FORD (A)

COVER BY YASMINE PUTRI

VARIANT COVER BY HELEN CHEN

CONNECTING VARIANT COVER C BY J. SCOTT CAMPBELL

SPIDER-WOMEN, PART 3!

• Silk comes face-to-face with the Earth-65 Cindy Moon and her family.

• That’s not all she finds digging into S.I.L.K., and her discoveries change everything
about this event!

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

SPIDER-WOMAN #6

DENNIS HOPELESS (W) • JAVIER RODRIGUEZ (A)

Cover by YASMINE PUTRI

VARIANT COVER BY JAVIER RODRIGUEZ

CONNECTING VARIANT COVER D BY J. SCOTT CAMPBELL

SPIDER-WOMEN, PART 4!

• Reeling from the revelations of SILK #7, Jessica Drew takes matters into her own hands,
damn the consequences!

• And has Gwen found a way to get Jess and Silk home?

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

-

@punyparker

@zarius

@amazingfantasy

@blackspidey2099

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14358  Edited By Zarius

@animehunter: ROFL, Peter goes from making deals with demons to dating them.

No Caption Provided

SILVER SURFER #4

DAN SLOTT (W) • MIKE ALLRED (A/C)

• Massive fallout from the events of Silver Surfer’s 50th Anniversary issue.

• There is a price to pay for what Norrin Radd has done.

• Some actions can never be taken back...or forgiven.

• Will any of Earth’s heroes stand by the Silver Surfer’s side in this, his greatest moment of need?

• A mythic tale in the Mighty Marvel Manner! Guest starring The Avengers, The Thing and major characters from around the Marvel Universe.

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14359  Edited By kcomicfan

I hope April's Amazing Spider-Man Solicitations aren't hinting at the end of Parker Industries.

So Miles and Ms. Marvel are dating now?

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: Another crappy Douglas Ernst review - Peter has always seemed like an atheist to me, and it is understandable that a scientist like him would not be able to believe in anything without proof. Besides, I'm pretty sure Mephisto is not always analogous to Satan (though he is sometimes) and is definitely not Satan himself. Anyways, Peter doesn't remember meeting with Mephisto because of OMIT (which was even worse than OMD). As for saying "thank god", a lot of people say it as it is a figure of speech, and doesn't mean that you are automotaically religious.

April looks like it will be awesome for Spidey! Hopefully Parker Industries stays though! I can't wait to see Spidey's final victory over the Zodiac!

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14361  Edited By Zarius
@blackspidey2099 said:

@animehunter: Another crappy Douglas Ernst review - Peter has always seemed like an atheist to me, and it is understandable that a scientist like him would not be able to believe in anything without proof. Besides, I'm pretty sure Mephisto is not always analogous to Satan (though he is sometimes) and is definitely not Satan himself. Anyways, Peter doesn't remember meeting with Mephisto because of OMIT (which was even worse than OMD).

Peter's met the One-Above-All too prior to OMD, who is a sometimes-analogous stand-in for a sort of representation of God, and no doubt was the one Mephisto was intending to swindle out of Peter and MJ's unconditional union.

I don't see anything "crappy" about Doug's review. Having read the book he's looked at, I find it rather unengaging and terribly written, and he's not alone, the Crawlspace also gave those issues a big fat "F-".

@kcomicfan said:

I hope April's Amazing Spider-Man Solicitations aren't hinting at the end of Parker Industries.

So Miles and Ms. Marvel are dating now?

Nah, it's just a study date, Kamala doesn't want to be tied down at the moment because she loves the super-heroics, that's precisely the reason her best friend Bruno was forced to move on and date someone else in her own title. Kamala's parents also have strict rules about her dating specific people because of their religious views.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@animehunter: Another crappy Douglas Ernst review - Peter has always seemed like an atheist to me, and it is understandable that a scientist like him would not be able to believe in anything without proof. Besides, I'm pretty sure Mephisto is not always analogous to Satan (though he is sometimes) and is definitely not Satan himself. Anyways, Peter doesn't remember meeting with Mephisto because of OMIT (which was even worse than OMD). As for saying "thank god", a lot of people say it as it is a figure of speech, and doesn't mean that you are automotaically religious.

April looks like it will be awesome for Spidey! Hopefully Parker Industries stays though! I can't wait to see Spidey's final victory over the Zodiac!

I'm gonna have to disagree with yah there, Pre OMD, it's clear he has a belief in God, this was highlighted in JMS's run on Amazing Spider Man, Marvel Knights Spider Man by Reginald Hudlin, and Peter Parker: Spider-Man by Paul Jenkins.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatblaze123: See what I wrote to zarius below. Not to mention that I've read both JMS' ASM and Marvel Knights Spider-Man multiple times and have not gotten any indication that Pete believes in any sort of god/religion. I haven't read Jenkins' work, but even if a few hints hero or there did exist, I don't have any problem with them being slightly retconned since it has never really mattered. (For example, if DD was retconned to become say a Protestant, that would be outrageous). I personally prefer Peter as an atheist as he has never seemed to be one that believes in things that have no proof, but I have no problem whatever others prefer in this case. I just think that Ernst's review was hilarious in that it pretty much criticized everything except the actual comic (which is par for the course for him, of course).

@zarius: Exactly, he's just analogous - if anything Peter meeting them would make him unable to be a theist of any sort considering no religious myths mention the One Above All, for example. Even Mephisto isn't Satan - just one of many Hell-Lords (for example Dormammu, Shuma-Gorath, Cytorrak, etc are all demons who could be considered Satan). Even Norse mythology is not completely true since there are being greater than Odin out there. His review itself wasn't too bad, just completely ruined by his need to poke fun at status quos he doesn't like a political viewpoints he doesn't support (this was one time I mostly agreed with him, especially about the horrible art). Completely unprofessional.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14364  Edited By Zarius

@animehunter: Yep, just as I thought, in the daily strip MJ has decided to return to Atlantis with Namor in exchange for sparing her husband...I sure hope there's an extra catch here because I'd hate for the marriage to be phased out a year short of it's 30th anniversary in the only other medium that still promotes it consistently. The strip has had similar "twists" threatening a status quoe shake-up (Robbie quitting the bugle for months and Jameson burying the hatchet with Peter) and in both instances the changes were reversed, and the last time they tried phasing out the marriage in 2009, they revealed it was a dream. I'm still hoping the doctor that tended to Pharus gets involved...unless the point of introducing her in that kickass way was to be a potential new love interest, gulp!

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, anyone feel free for anyone to talk to me about anything that's not MJ or classic issues related on Spider-Man or Spider-Man stories.

So whats Spider-Gwen's deal anyway on web warriors and whats going to be Peter Parkers turn to appear.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14366  Edited By Zarius

@jimishim12 said:

So whats Spider-Gwen's deal anyway on web warriors and whats going to be Peter Parkers turn to appear.

Given the premise of Web Warriors is to look after the realities whose Peters were killed off by the Inheritors...don't expect many to turn up

knightwriteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14367  Edited By knightwriteri

Yes you're totally right Peter is an atheist which is why in an Infinity War tie in he was identified in universe as one of the 33 most religious superheroes and he's not lived in a bunker for his whole life so he has so much experience fighting religious/cosmic/mythological/magical figures there is no way he could believe in god even though God you know sent an angel to Peter to directly represent him when his Aunt was dying. And the prayers Peter has made before are clearly pranks played on absentee telepaths and his old traditional churchgoing parental figures would most certainly encouraged a strong skeptcism in regards to all that hocus pocus in favor of pseudoscientific/philosophical nonsense. And when the devil said Peter's marriage was sacred and taking it would hurt the one he hated most he was clearly lying cause he's the devil that whole mess was just for kicks. Peter being an atheist makes perfect sense!!!

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightwriter: Peter is a scientific figure who would not believe in completely unproven things. That's a major character trait, unlike the one or two stories hero or there which feature Peter being religious. Also, Peter would be a complete retard for believing in any sort of faith that people in the real world have because he has FREAKING met TOAA, and as such, knows none of it to be true on his world. Just because he has fought spiritual figures doesn't mean that he believes in a god. Doctor Strange is one of the MOST spiritual heroes in Marvel yet all his adventures would contradict the existence of any sort of god from any religion we know. Even TOAA, the supreme being of the Marvel multiverse does not resemble god as represented in any faith. And even if Aunt May and Uncle Ben were freaking priests, that would still be a ridiculous argument to show Peter as a religious person, since Peter is not the type of person to blindly follow anyone, even Uncle Ben and Aunt May. Would he think about it if they were religious? Yes, of course. Does that have any bearing on the conclusion he would come to? Nope, not at all. And Mephisto is not the devil, BTW - he is one of various hell-lords and demons including Magik and Cytorrak. Now, for the final blow to your argument - if Peter was so devoutly Christian, why would he even talk to who you claim to be the devil and commit a grave sin? Hell, for that matter, why would he be so devastated that Aunt May was going to die and so desparate to stop it from happening? As a Christian, he would have been able to rejoice that Aunt May would soon be in heaven, or at the very least not want to be selfish and save her life, thus extending her stay on this imperfect world when she could have been in perfect heaven. Not to mention that he has committed many sins, like saying "oh my god!", having sex without intending to make babies, has been a thief, etc etc etc.

knightwriteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14369  Edited By knightwriteri

So Peter living in the Marvel Universe runs against having some form of faith? I guess that makes Murdock the biggest retard in the MU.

Oh and let's not forget Peter has had a number of near death experiences. (Not that I put any stock in those in real life)

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightwriter: Near death experiences have no correlation with faith - I can't seem to understand what you are trying to say?

As for Matt, he didn't meet freaking The One Above All! TOAA's existence basically destroys ALL faiths. Not to mention that Matt is very street level and doesn't have much cosmic exposure, as well as being a devout Catholic, which Peter was never shown to be.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From CBR

DID STAN LEE WANT TO MARRY OFF PETER PARKER AND GWEN STACY?

Appearing on AMC's"Comic Book Men,"Stan Lee discussed how he didn't want Gwen Stacy to die in the '70s under writer Gerry Conway, and revealed his intention for her romance with Peter Parker to continue to play out in the comics.

In the following promo clip for the latter half of "Comic Book Men" Season 5 (via Entertainment Weekly), Lee reveals, "What bothered me the most — a few issues earlier, I had killed Gwen Stacy’s father...It looked like we had some sort of hatred for the Stacys, like we were out to destroy them, which of course was not the case."

While Lee was O.K. with taking out Captain Stacy in earlier issues, he says the decision to kill of Gwen was purely the decision of then-writer Conway, while Lee was off on a business trip in Europe: "I hate him," joked Lee. "While I was in Europe, he killed Gwen Stacy! I didn’t want to kill her."

Though Lee wouldn't be happy with the Archie comparison, he basically wanted a love triangle between Peter, Mary Jane and Gwen -- Betty and Veronica-style.

For video clip head to main article

"Comic Book Men" returns for its second half of Season 5 on February 14 at midnight ET on AMC.

====

From CBR

Spider-Man would need size 114 shoes to stick to walls, scientists say

Continuing a centuries-long crusade to crush childhood fantasies, science has determined that Spider-Man as we know him couldn’t actually exist. It turns out the superhero’s body is far too big, and his hands and feet way too small, to permit him to adhere to surfaces, making that “wall-crawler” moniker pretty tough to pull off.

Well, it’s not only Spider-Man, whose body and feet seem to be normal-sized, but all humans (sorry, Miles Morales, Spider-Gwen, Silk, et al). There goes the Spider-Verse.

In a new study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, researchers from the United States, United Kingdom and Australia determined that Spider-Man couldn’t do whatever a spider can — specifically, scale walls — unless 40 percent of his body was covered in sticky pads, and he possessed enormous feet.

What qualifies as “enormous”? Try size 114 shoes. Add to that roughly 43-inch hands.

“We’d need about 40 percent of our total body surface, or roughly 80 percent of our front, to be covered in sticky footpads if we wanted to do a convincing Spider-Man impression,” explained Dr. David Labonte, Cambridge University’s Department of Zoology.

Those evolutionary limits leave geckos (significantly smaller than Spider-Man) as the largest creature that can adhere to walls and ceilings, followed by tree frogs and, yes, spiders.

That darned Parker Luck strikes again!

(via BBC News)

-

@punyparker

@zarius

@amazingfantasy

@blackspidey2099

Dedonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter is a scientific figure who would not believe in completely unproven things. That's a major character trait, unlike the one or two stories hero or there which feature Peter being religious.

Being a "scientific figure" does not automatically mean that you cannot also be religious. Is Peter a devout Christian who goes to church every Sunday and Wednesday? Probably not, but he can be "religious" without being flamboyant about it. Furthermore, unless their religious beliefs are an vital facet of a comic book character's personality and background, like Nightcrawler and Daredevil, religion is usually not brought up. I dare you to list as many "mainstream" characters in any media that do and do not have a specific religious leaning. I would bet money that the ones who do not would out number the ones that do.

Now, for the final blow to your argument - if Peter was so devoutly Christian, why would he even talk to who you claim to be the devil and commit a grave sin? Hell, for that matter, why would he be so devastated that Aunt May was going to die and so desperate to stop it from happening? As a Christian, he would have been able to rejoice that Aunt May would soon be in heaven, or at the very least not want to be selfish and save her life, thus extending her stay on this imperfect world when she could have been in perfect heaven. Not to mention that he has committed many sins, like saying "oh my god!", having sex without intending to make babies, has been a thief, etc etc etc.

Hyperbole a bit much? Especially the part where you think that, if he was a Christian, that he should be rejoiceful that Aunt May would be in heaven. The whole "they're in a better place" is merely a way for people to cope with a loved one dying. No one wants to be separated from their loved ones, especially by death. And the "Peter has committed sins means he cannot be a Christian" is total BS. This response is so hyperbolic that I cannot even begin to take it seriously.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14373  Edited By Zarius

@animehunter: Adding more to MJ's offer to rule Atlantis by Namor's side...Namor is confused as to why MJ would make this kind of sacrifice for someone who isn't her mate (not being aware of Spidey's identity) and MJ simply states that Spidey is a good man who doesn't deserve to die.

I'm starting to think MJ is bluffing and buying time for Peter to recover or for the military to ambush Namor. I hope so anyway, tackling issues like adultery is a bit much for an all-ages strip

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: Gary Conway is my hero. And that darn Parker luck every time!

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14375  Edited By Zarius

@animehunter

@punyparker

@blackspidey2099

@amazingfantasy

Bleeding Cool

No Caption Provided

Steve Rogers Captain America And ‘Dead No More’ To Debut On Free Comic Book Day

So that’s what it was.

Steve Rogers is returning to comics this May, and you can get your first taste on FREE COMIC BOOK DAY. Today, Marvel is pleased to unveilFCBD CAPTAIN AMERICA #1, featuring the reinvigorated Steve Rogers as Captain America! Nick Spencer and Jesus Saiz bring you one of Steve’s first adventures since his dramatic return in the pages of AVENGERS: STANDOFF and get you caught up just in time for the release of Captain America: Steve Rogers #1, coming to comic later that month!

But that’s not all! FCBD CAPTAIN AMERICA #1 will also feature a second all-new story and a special prelude to DEAD NO MORE, giving fans their first look at the blockbuster storyline coming later this year. If you got a chance to bring back someone who died, would you? And how will CLASSIFIED deal when ones they thought long dead once again walk the earth? Find out on FREE COMIC BOOK DAY!

This May, be there as Steve Rogers re-enters the fray and witness the startling secrets of DEAD NO MORE. No fan can afford to miss out on Marvel’s two all-new FREE COMIC BOOK DAY offerings this year – available May 7th at participating comic shops nationwide!

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedonus: Exactly - religion is so small a part of his character that I said it was up to interpretation and that people could see it either way, until @knightwriter tried to attack my beliefs. And if Peter really was a Christian and wished the best for his Aunt, even if he did feel sadness there would be no way he would do so much to deny her a place in heaven. Anyways, like I said, I don't really care since Spidey's religious leanings are completely insignificant.

@zarius I'm not really liking the sound of the current newspaper storyline - they seem to be weakening Peter so ludicrously in order to make MJ stronger. Why can't they both be strong?

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14377  Edited By Zarius

@blackspidey2099 said:

@zarius I'm not really liking the sound of the current newspaper storyline - they seem to be weakening Peter so ludicrously in order to make MJ stronger. Why can't they both be strong?

That's the way it's been with the strip for a long time with Peter, he's always overpowered and made to look weak so the guest-stars of the strip look considerably better off. There was even a time BOTH he and MJ came off as damsels in distress who needed rescuing (one Morbius story from 2011 springs to mind). The strip even got booted off one newspaper because of the complaints that MJ got kidnapped too much.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius said:
@blackspidey2099 said:

That's the way it's been with the strip for a long time with Peter, he's always overpowered and made to look weak so the guest-stars of the strip look considerably better off. There was even a time BOTH he and MJ came off as damsels in distress who needed rescuing (one Morbius story from 2011 springs to mind). The strip even got booted off one newspaper because of the complaints that MJ got kidnapped too much.

It's funny how if this was written by Dan Slott, parts of the Spider-Man online fanbase would be up in arms nitpicking the story to death.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14379  Edited By Zarius

@kcomicfan said:
@zarius said:
@blackspidey2099 said:

It's funny how if this was written by Dan Slott, parts of the Spider-Man online fanbase would be up in arms nitpicking the story to death.

Almost all of the comments on Comic Kingdom, which hosts the strip online, pretty much do that anyway.

Slott was even taking the piss out of it in Spider-Verse

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius said:
@blackspidey2099 said:

Ah yes, from what I've read his power levels have been rather wonky. Well, it is always awesome to read a strong MJ, so it's not all bad! :)

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mike McNulty take on April 2016 Solicitations

===

From the Tumblr of Brian Bendis

Anonymous asked: Will we still ever find out who the 616 miles morales was or was it answered and I missed it ?

Bendis Answers:

===

PREVIEWS - JANUARY 27TH, 2016

PREVIEW: SPIDER-WOMAN #3

STORY BY Dennis Hopeless

ART BY Javier Rodriguez, Alvaro Lopez

COLORS BY Rachelle Rosenberg

LETTERS BY VC - Travis Lanham

COVER BYJavier Rodriguez, Annie Wu

• SPIDER-WOMAN STUCK!

• Jessica Drew is no stranger to unusual circumstances, but getting held captive by Skrulls
in an alien hospital in the center of a black hole with a bunch of extraterrestrial moms-to-be
might take the cake!

COMIC BOOK RESOURCES

COMICVINE

PREVIEW: CARNAGE #4

STORY BY Gerry Conway

ART BY Mike Perkins

COLORS BY Andy Troy

LETTERS BY VC - Joe Sabino

COVER BY Mike Del Mundo, Tom Raney

• The most spine-chilling comic of the All-New, All-Different Marvel line marches on!

• Carnage is still loose in an abandoned mine, and if that's not bad enough, all isn't as it seems!

• And TOXIN arrives for a symbiotic smackdown!

COMIC BOOK RESOURCES

COMICVINE

VENOM SPACE KNIGHT #3

(W) Robbie Thompson (A/CA) Ariel Olivetti

VOLCANO? MORE LIKE VOLCA-YES!

• Venom gets an emergency message from a planet made up of volcanoes. The symbiote does not react well to heat. There are problems.

• 803 has a plan! And it doesn't involve self-destruction! Well, he also has a plan that DOES involve that, but that's an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT PLAN!

• HEROISM! SNAKE-HAIRED ALIEN LADIES! PRESENTS!

Rated T+

NO PREVIEW PROVIDED

PREVIEW: ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT AVENGERS #4

STORY BY Mark Waid

ART BY Mahmud Asrar

COLORS BY Dave McCaig

LETTERS BY VC - Cory Petit

COVER BY Alex Ross, Bobby Rubio, Mark Brooks

• You thought the origin of the All-New, All-Different Avengers was surprising? You haven't seen anything yet!

• When passions flare between Captain America and Thor, they lead to Earth's Mightiest Kiss!

COMIC BOOK RESOURCES

COMICVINE

ONLY INCLUDED DUE TO THE VARIANT COVER

PREVIEW: ALL-NEW INHUMANS #3

STORY BY James Asmus, Charles Soule

ART BY Stefano Caselli

COLORS BY Andres Mossa

LETTERS BY VC - Clayton Cowles

COVER BY Stefano Caselli, Andres Mossa, Kris Anka

• The All-New Inhumans are trapped by a dictator hell-bent on weaponizing Inhumans
as weapons of mass destruction.

• Let's hope Gorgon's training pays off or they may not make it out alive!

COMIC BOOK RESOURCES

COMICVINE

-

@punyparker

@zarius

@amazingfantasy

@blackspidey2099

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14383  Edited By Zarius

@animehunter

@blackspidey2099

Crisis averted in the newspaper strip. Despite MJ claiming that her desperate proposal was no deception, Namor has chosen the honourable route and declined her offer.

knightwriteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have time to post a full response presently so here's a third of it.

Would meeting the One Above All shatter ones faith? Let's take a peek at the actual context of the story where Peter met him it's called the book of Peter referencing the longstanding portrayal of Peter as a sort of Job (I think from ASM 274 or something like that) moreover like Job the one above all described Peter as blameless and upright his heart never turning towards evil he also described the spider that bit Peter as like a serpent in a garden though admitting his powers could alternately be viewed as either a blessing or a curse but which one depends on how Peter's story ends and/or whether TOAA's or Mephistopheles side wins in the end. When TOAA or his representative meets Peter he doesn't recognize him until he glows displaying a portion of his glory no words need to be spoken for Peter to conclude he is with God. Peter and TOAA spend an hour together and it goes more or less how one would suspect. TOAA even references Jesus ransom sacrifice indicating he is not significantly different from if not THE God Christians worship. And of course he urges Peter to have faith.

The most significant differences between TOAA and the STEREOTYPICAL view of the Christian God are A. he's god of a multi-verse while as far as is known the Christian God created only one PHYSICAL universe so far and B. TOAA appears to be more in line with the Unitarian as opposed to Trinitarian notion of God which is fine because the Trinity is a pagan doctrine springing from Babylon and Egypt infiltrating almost every culture moreover as TOAA's second in command The Living Tribunal is a good stand in for Christ as most people think he is God and has three faces but his true face/identity is one Marvel's cosmic figures have seldom seen.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14385  Edited By kcomicfan
Loading Video...

Another Spider-Man video from NerdSync.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14387  Edited By Zarius

@animehunter

@blackspidey2099

A bit off-topic, but I just heard Steven Moffat is leaving Doctor Who. Moffat's Who is a big influence on Dan Slott as a writer, particularly on Silver Surfer.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Doc Ock is in his dying costume. Hopefully next season will be about the Superior Spider-Man, I am not holding my breath but hopefully that is what they are implying.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14389  Edited By animehunter

From Comicbook.com

Stan Lee To Appear On Comic Book Men Season 5 Midseason Premiere

When AMC's Comic Book Men makes its midseason premiere next month, it will feature another appearance from comic book icon, Stan "The Man" Lee. He previously dropped by The Secret Stash for a 2012 episode.

The episode synopsis: "Stan Lee drops by the Stash and helps the guys with a customer experiencing a comics crisis. A customer buys a classic issue of Fantastic Four." He'll also discuss how he felt about Gwen Stacy’s comic book death. You can view a clip of that by clicking here.

Check out a clip from the episode in the video below.

Loading Video...

In its fifth season, AMC’s popular unscripted series “Comic Book Men” takes another dive into geekdom by following the antics in and around master fanboy Kevin Smith’s New Jersey comic shop, Jay and Silent Bob’s Secret Stash. Leading the fearless team behind the shop’s counter are Walt, Mike, Bryan and Ming, who geek out over mind-blowing pop culture artifacts and the legends behind them. Special guests this season include comic book mastermind Stan Lee and artistic genius John Romita Jr. Whether it’s buying and selling memorabilia or embarking on wild adventures away from the store, The Stash cast shares all the juicy details with Kevin during their hilarious podcast, which is woven throughout the series.

The Comic Book Men are ready to answer the call… for new episodes. The excellent adventure continues February 14 at midnight/11c.

-

@punyparker

@zarius

@amazingfantasy

@blackspidey2099

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14390  Edited By kiba

@zarius: where did you hear that? I liked him on Dr who but I think it's time he moved on. If the doctor, companion and tardis change then the show runner should too, even if he's on the other side of the camera. He's also caught a lot of flak that I don't think he deserves. Well not ALL of it. I hope he sticks around for one more season and him and Peter capaldi can go together, leaving the new show runner with their own Doctor, companion and tardis. Just like he got when Davies left.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14391  Edited By Zarius

@kiba said:

@zarius: where did you hear that?

News of his departure broke an hour ago via Radio Times. The official DW twitter confirmed it minutes later. His replacement will take over in 2018 so he will have one last full series with Capaldi

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius said:
@blackspidey2099 said:

That's not how you make a superhero as famous as Spider-Man look good and a impressive main character to casuals. MJ is a freakin PIS machine made to invoke worf effects to superior characters and powerful characters that could kill her with ease or blink her out of existence. Spidey does this but he's got super powers and is a genius so he can pass off as a excuse to properly nerf and look good.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14393  Edited By Zarius

@animehunter: They finally explained why the Avengers haven't been helping out in the current newspaper arc...they're out on a mission. Jameson also doesn't want Namor killing Spidey. Can you believe it's been nearly a fortnight since Peter was knocked out?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 24th January 2016 – Batman Beats Star Wars

Bleeding Cool

This is the Top Ten Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, as compiled by a number of comic stores from their sales on Wednesday and Thursday. It measures what are known as the “Wednesday Warriors”, those who can’t wait to the weekend to get this week’s comics. We salute you, and the keenness you bring to your passion.

Batman is back to beating Star Wars, as I Hate Fairyland breaks back into the top ten and Poison Ivy does all right for herself as as well.

• 1. Batman #48
    2. Star Wars #15
    3. Deadpool #6
    4. Uncanny X-Men #2
    5. Harley Quinn #24
    6. Batman & Robin Eternal #16
    7. New Avengers #5
    8. Uncanny Inhumans #4
    9. I Hate Fairyland #4
    10. Poison Ivy #1

Thanks to the following retailers,

Who had this to say,

DC gets four books in the Top Ten in a small, mediocre release week.

Slow week. Though somehow Batman blew out the doors and sold out already. Not sure if the coloring book was a big hit or what. Some people actually dropped Star Wars this week which stunned me since the latest movie is hardly a month old. Heck, I enjoyed the latest issue but still couldn’t talk them out of dropping it. Deadpool fans are starting to notice and feel over whelmed by all the Deadpool material currently out.

Pretty healthy mix of titles for our top ten. Nice seeing Image titles like I Hate Fairyland and Tokyo Ghost playing with the big two, and it was a pleasant surprise to see Rick Remender’s Devolution on the list as well. Perhaps it’s a sign that our customers are sick of the books that Marvel and DC are putting out.

HOWEVER, it seems like the news of Bruce Wayne’s return in Batman has helped bump that book up, since sales lowered considerably when “Chappie Batman” was the star.

Also worth noting that Captain Marvel’s new #1 sold better than any issue of her old series did.

The price on Power Rangers right now is ridiculous. It appears that all of the stores getting their first printing reorders this week may find their cases shy the GREEN and WHITE ranger covers that were collated into the first shipments. Odd allocations from diamond on current invoices indicate this.

Okay it’s official, Harley Quinn and Deadpool fans are the same person. Not only did they take the #1 and #2 spot this week, 97% of every sale had both titles in their stack. There has been a big change in spending habits this year, as well. Average sale has risen and the crowds are getting younger. Variants have been selling out in one day and not the whole 7 day cycle. Everyday, we have to reset the floor and keep our team more informed of new trends. Its a Great time to be a store owner.

@animehunter

@punyparker

@blackspidey2099

@amazingfantasy

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, DP is basically the new Spider-Man of this generation.

Mightus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiba said:

@animehunter: Gary Conway is my hero. And that darn Parker luck every time!

The Packer luck is getting very old.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14400  Edited By animehunter

From CBR

6 MARVEL CHARACTERS WHO COULD FIND THEMSELVES "DEAD NO MORE"

Like it or not, resurrection is a staple of superhero comic books. In mainstream comics, the afterlife tends to have a revolving door, with characters frequently killed off only to be brought back a few months or years afterwards. It's a proven way to boost interest, and has generated some great stories in the process.

RELATED: Marvel Proclaims "Dead No More" in New Teaser

Earlier this month, Marvel released a teaser simply stating "Dead No More," three simple words that resulted in an unsurprising flood of speculation as to which character -- or characters? -- might be returning from the grave. After all, a decade ago Ed Brubaker and Steve Epting brought back Bucky Barnes -- one of the few characters fans thought was a sure-bet to stay deceased -- and the result was the celebrated "Captain America: Winter Soldier" saga, which inspired the hitMarvel Studios film. So there's no real reason to discount nearly any possibility as to what "Dead No More" could be all about.

Answers -- or at least some further hints -- will arrive on Free Comic Book Day, with one of Marvel's two offerings on May 7 including a story by a top-secret creative team kicking off the "Dead No More" story. There are a number of Marvel legends on the deceased list that could make a huge impact if brought back to life -- here are the candidates we think are good bets to soon be "Dead No More."

POLL: Who at Marvel is "Dead No More"?

Result at the time of this post

1. Wolverine (33.2% / 2544)
  2. Professor X (15.8% / 1216)
  3. Jean Grey (adult version) (12.2% / 940)
  4. Nova (Richard Rider) (9.1% / 700)
  5. Other (6.9% / 533) - PLEASE let it be Silver Sable, I say with unwavering optimism
  6. Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell) (4.9% / 376)
  7. Uatu, The Watcher (3.5% / 266)
  8. Uncle Ben (2.9% / 220)
  9. Namor (2.7% / 211)
  10. The Ultimate Universe (2.3% 173
  11. Ben Reilly (2.2% / 168)
  12. Peggy Carter (2.2% / 166)
  13. Gwen Stacy (classic, not Spider-Gwen) (2.1% / 161)

---

Larger Image

Gwen Stacy

At one time, the resurrection of Gwen Stacy seemed like an absolute impossibility. Peter Parker's first love was doomed to forever be remembered as the girl hurled to her death by the Green Goblin. But these days, Gwen Stacy is one of Marvel's most popular heroes thanks to the rise of the other-dimensional Spider-Gwen. But, as popular as she is, Spider-Gwen isn't the Gwen Stacy. could "Dead No More" be the first hint towards the return of the original, non-cloned, non-inter-dimensional, non-powered Gwen Stacy?

Larger Image

Jean Grey

Back on the X-Men front, we have the long-deceased Jean Grey. There are constant rumors that Jean Grey is to return from the dead -- after all, that's what Phoenixes do -- but right now could be a particularly dramatic time for Grey to return. With a time-tossed younger version of Jean running around the Marvel Universe, establishing herself as a true hero and trying to make up for her older self's sins, what would happen if the older Jean, the Jean that was a destroyer of worlds, was to rise again? A face to face meeting between the two Greys would be an incredibly dramatic moment in X-Men history, once worthy of a teaser campaign and Free Comic Book Day launch.

Larger Image

Wolverine Marvel X Men

Wolverine

Wolverine hasn't been dead for long, but already, the Marvel Universe is a very different place. Old Man Logan has taken the traditional Wolverine's place in the X-Men, while X-23 has adopted the yellow-and-blue suit and iconic name of Marvel's most famous Canadian in "All-New Wolverine." But with all these alternative Wolverines in place, what would happen if the original were to return to the land of the living? Certainly, he wouldn't be thrilled to see his older self, especially after hearing about the life his alternate-universe doppelgänger led. We all know that the original Wolverine won't be dead forever, and with all the chaos happening in the X-Men's world right now, his return could really get things jumping.

Larger Image

Professor X

After Professor Charles Xavier was killed by a Phoenix-corrupted Scott Summers "Avengers vs. X-Men," his school was split in two and his X-Men were caught up in a struggle that shook his dream to its foundation. Now, with the mutant race dying out as a result of the Inhuman-generating Terrigen Mists spreading across the planet, Xavier's people need a savior more than ever. Could Prof. X be on his way back from the grave in his people's darkest hour? With the character playing such a front and center role in the upcoming "X-Men: Apocalypse" film, now would be a perfectly synergistic time for the founder of the X-Men to return.

Larger Image

Richard Rider/Nova

Ever since the rise of Sam Alexander as Nova, there has been a very vocal contingent demanding the return of the original Nova, Richard Rider. Marvel has been playing it coy when whenever talk of a Rider resurrection comes up, but could "Dead No More" finally see the cult-favorite character's return? Alexander, now an Avenger, could certainly use a mentor, and why not learn from the best? Fans haven't seen Rider since he was lost in the Cancerverse at end of the "Thanos Imperative," and with Marvel's cosmic heroes' profiles bigger than ever, now could be a perfect time for Richard Rider to blast off into the space ways once again.

Larger Image

Captain Mar-Vell

As we mentioned with Nova, Marvel cosmic is bigger than ever these days, and yet, one of Marvel's greatest cosmic champion has not had a chance to participate in this galactic resurgence. The original Captain Marvel suffered one of the of the most memorable Marvel deaths, succumbing to cancer, Mar-Vell went to his grave with a dignity not afforded many heroes. The Kree-born defender of Earth inspired a number of heroes to take up the name Captain Marvel and fight for justice all over the cosmos. Years ago, during "Secret Invasion," Marvel teased the resurrection of its original Cosmic Protector. While that turned out to be a Skrull ruse, it proved that there can be many great stories told if Captain Marvel were to return from the grave.

-

@punyparker

@zarius

@amazingfantasy

@blackspidey2099

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.