Spider-Man Comics Discussion

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

@the_waffle: nah I love Kaine and Miguel (at least as much as I do Peter)

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11902  Edited By Spideysense44

I understand Batman has alot of people like him but he actually trained them himself and they have different names. Sure some of the spideys are cool, but at the end of the day if they were erased i really wouldnt care. Peter should be the only spiderman and if Marvel wants to add Miles to the mainline too then im okay with that, bc he actually has solid stories. Spider-Gwen and Silk are so extra to me, and i dont know what all the fuss is about over Spider-Gwen. Sure Silk's costume is cool and stuff , but my god we have so many other spiders that im getting sick of it. Her origin was such a rush in making her get bit by the same spider. The whole with her and peter not being able to control themselves around each other was dumb. Miguel is fine since he is supposed to be Spiderman in the future, but all the other extra Spideys need to go. Spider-Islands, Scarlet Spiders, spiderverses im starting to hate this overrun of spiders. I thought Spider verse would solve this by killing most of them but boy was i wrong.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@animehunter:

yup, i read it and the the surprise is:

Peter is that world's falcon

o yea..... and May/Annie exist there as well

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11904  Edited By Zarius

@animehunter

Spider-Island has a few more "take that" surprises in it too.

The sign outside the Spider-Shoppe says "this world is a lie" and Mayday is accused of being an imposter who killed Spider-Man by the MC2 heroes

This all means something pertaining more to Battleworld obviously, but it's also distinctly meta

Also, Crimson Cruise is alive, when previously she was dead

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11905  Edited By Jimishim12

I understand Batman has alot of people like him but he actually trained them himself and they have different names. Sure some of the spideys are cool, but at the end of the day if they were erased i really wouldnt care. Peter should be the only spiderman and if Marvel wants to add Miles to the mainline too then im okay with that, bc he actually has solid stories. Spider-Gwen and Silk are so extra to me, and i dont know what all the fuss is about over Spider-Gwen. Sure Silk's costume is cool and stuff , but my god we have so many other spiders that im getting sick of it. Her origin was such a rush in making her get bit by the same spider. The whole with her and peter not being able to control themselves around each other was dumb. Miguel is fine since he is supposed to be Spiderman in the future, but all the other extra Spideys need to go. Spider-Islands, Scarlet Spiders, spiderverses im starting to hate this overrun of spiders. I thought Spider verse would solve this by killing most of them but boy was i wrong.

Spider-Man IMO is a legacy name and a symbol for people honoring Peter's legacy, theres nothing wrong in being a actual legacy and namesake for heroes that are carrying the Spidey mantle. It gives Peter most of all a tie to the Marvel U as a fundamental necessity that applies justice to the world and beyond. Alongside Ironman, Captain America, The Hulk, Wolverine and the X-men and probably Fantastic Four, Spider-Man is a part of the centerpiece of heroism throughout the marvel multiverse and is needed to protect the common man and domestic threats which is hopefully what this CEO spidey is doing on a large term scale instead of stopping worldly threats.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius said:

Spidey Daily Strip: Dang, MJ's putting Natasha in the hot seat asking if she has something for Spidey. I'd argue that this is just going to tip Widow off that he's MJ's husband or, worse, that, as far as she knows, MJ has something for Spidey and is being untrue to Peter (a plot point raised by her film crew in the Mysterio arc also), but considering an unmasked Peter is presently hog-tied to Hobby's Kamikaze glider en route to them, I bet she's going to find out one way or the other anyway.

I would love to see more Black Widow features in the comic strip in future installments. I once ask Stan Lee on his Twitter page to why he never added the Black Widow in the comic strips when it initially started as she could have been a frequent guests as with some of Peter's supporting casts. It's strange that Betty Brant or Harry Osborn has been absent from the comic strip for decades. And we have yet to see the Black Cat make her debut as well.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius said:

Spidey Daily Strip: Dang, MJ's putting Natasha in the hot seat asking if she has something for Spidey. I'd argue that this is just going to tip Widow off that he's MJ's husband or, worse, that, as far as she knows, MJ has something for Spidey and is being untrue to Peter (a plot point raised by her film crew in the Mysterio arc also), but considering an unmasked Peter is presently hog-tied to Hobby's Kamikaze glider en route to them, I bet she's going to find out one way or the other anyway.

I would love to see more Black Widow features in the comic strip in future installments. I once ask Stan Lee on his Twitter page to why he never added the Black Widow in the comic strips when it initially started as she could have been a frequent guests as with some of Peter's supporting casts. It's strange that Betty Brant or Harry Osborn has been absent from the comic strip for decades. And we have yet to see the Black Cat make her debut as well.

Harry is one of the main characters in the strip's current storyline.

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@punyparker marrisa tomei is our new aunt may

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=122562

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11910  Edited By animehunter

If you have Tumblr, I would like to ask all to Like & rebolg the following

http://mrsspidermanmaryjanewatsonparker.tumblr.com/post/123242822193/on-renew-your-vows

On Renew Your Vows

horselover107:

Hey Peter/MJ fans! I’m seeing a lot of people saying they’re loosing interest in Renew Your Vows because it won’t end up being canon. PLEASE IF YOU HAVE A MEANS TO BUY THE BOOK.

Even if it is an AU now, which believe I know, is infuriating, read the thing. Unless Slott really messes up and like has Annie and MJ murdered in cold blood, please don’t drop the book. We need to put our money where our months are. If the numbers fall drastically after the first issue Marvel is totally at their liberty to say “see people only THINK they want a married Peter Parker. They won’t actually buy it”. If the story stays on target to where it looks like it’s going in the previews and from issue one, if nothing else we get a really cute AU out of it. Spider-Girl is an AU but that’s never been to the detriment of the book.

Renew Your Vows has already broken all kinds of pre-sale records on issue one. We need to keep the momentum going.

IF YOU WANT TO PUNISH MARVEL FOR THE DIRECTION OF THE NEW SPIDEY TITLE PUNISH THEM BY NOT BUYING THE NEW SPIDEY TITLE.

Trust me, if you’re curious about how it goes there will be 50,000 summaries and free leaked links on the Internet. We don’t need to buy into a premise we dislike. I know I definitely won’t be picking up Playboy Wannabe Tony Stark Peter (unless the whole thing is a bate-and-switch of some kind, which I am very doubtful will happen).

horselover107mjwatsoneditmary jane watsonMary Jane Watson ParkerSpider-Manpeter parkermarvelMarvel Comicsmc2MC2 UniverseSpider-GirlMayday Parkersecret warsanna parkerAnnie Parkersecret wars 2015RENEW YOUR VOWSSpider-Man: Renew Your Vowsiron manTony StarkDan Slott

----

AND

----

From CBR - CSBG Archive

Top Five Times Peter Parker Decided That He Was “Spider-Man…No More”

Here is an archive of all the past top five lists I’ve one over the years.

An almost iconic aspect of Spider-Man’s history is that being Spider-Man is a burden that Peter Parker is not always thrilled with having foisted upon him. He understands that with great power, comes great responsibility, but sometimes that responsibility is too much for him and he quits. Here are the top five instances of Peter Parker quitting as Spider-Man…

NOTE: I once featured this trope at Drawing Crazy Patterns a few years afo, but I thought it’d be fun to actually RANK them.

HONORABLE MENTION

Howard Mackie, John Romita Jr. and Scott Hanna have Spider-Man face off against the Green Goblin, who has revealed that Aunt May is actually alive! After Spider-Man holds up a heavy object (this time the Daily Bugle building), he decides to quit…

When Amazing Spider-Man Volume 2 begins after this issue, Mattie Franklin (who had gained powers in one of the later issues of Amazing Spider-Man Volume 1) is impersonating the missing Spider-Man. She eventually compels Peter to return to being Spider-Man.

5. Spectacular Spider-Man #229

Tom DeFalco, Sal Buscema and Bill Sienkiewicz show Peter Parker deciding to quit being Spider-Man after learning that he is a clone. He leaves the Spider-Man name to the “real” Peter Parker, now calling himself Ben Reilly (as it turns out, Ben really was the clone all along)…

4. Amazing Spider-Man #100

Stan Lee, Gil Kane and Frank Giacoia have Peter decide that he has to quit being Spider-Man to be with Gwen Stacy…

While unconscious, Peter has hallucinations that convince him to keep being Spider-Man, primarily the voice of Gwen’s dead father, Captain Stacy…

asm100a

However, when Peter awakes, he discovers that the serum has given him six arms!!!

asm100

3. Amazing Spider-Man #275

Tom DeFalco, Ron Frenz and Joe Rubinstein show us Peter once again deciding to quit…

After explaining his origin to Mary Jane (via a reprint of Amazing Fantasy #15), Peter explains why his sense of responsibility won’t let him continue as Spider-Man…

Later on, though, Mary Jane uses that sense of responsibility to convince Peter to return to being Spidey…

2. Amazing Spider-Man (Volume 1) #18

In this classic 1964 issue, Steve Ditko and Stan Lee gave us the first time Peter Parker quit being Spider-Man. An issue earlier, Spider-Man had to leave during a fight with the Green Goblin because Aunt May was sick. This action had branded him a coward in the media as well as on the streets. Amazing #18 was unique in the sense that it spent the entire issue devoted to whether Peter should continue to be Spider-Man (a whole issue without any super-villain!). There were a lot of sequences like the following…

It all culminates with Peter quitting being Spider-Man (note: this is the shortest Peter stays gone in all of the Spider-Man: No More! stories)…

only for him to change his mind on the next page…

1. Amazing Spider-Man (Volume 2) #50

Stan Lee and John Romita (inks by Mike Esposito) gave us the most famous “Spider-Man…No More!” story, as Peter decided it is time for him to grow up and quit being Spidey…

However, later in the issue, he is inspired by an Uncle Ben-esque watchmen…

He recalls his origin and realizes that he HAS to keep being Spider-Man.

spiderman50

That’s the list! Agree? Disagree? Let me know!

-

@zarius

@punyparker

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11911  Edited By Zarius

@animehunter

I would'nt worry so much about RYV, it sold out in one store according to one guy on CBR. It's going to sit in a cushy position for it's entire duration (but just watch Marvel spin it as "just another glorious day for our prolific main writer rather than the marriage")

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius said:

@animehunter

I would'nt worry so much about RYV, it sold out in one store according to one guy on CBR. It's going to sit in a cushy position for it's entire duration (but just watch Marvel spin it as "just another glorious day for our prolific main writer rather than the marriage")

True, but, as they say, every little helps.

camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius: Spider man has been Marvel's highest selling monthly comic the past year and you want to say now that it's still the highest selling one it's because of the marriage... That makes 0 sense... Get your head out of the ground

The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11915  Edited By Zarius

@camstevens80 said:

@zarius: Spider man has been Marvel's highest selling monthly comic the past year and you want to say now that it's still the highest selling one it's because of the marriage... That makes 0 sense... Get your head out of the ground

It's "head out of the CLOUDS" Biff Tannen.

In RYV's case, I happen to be on Cloud 9.

You'll have to troll a bit harder next time. Thanks for proving my point.

@punyparker

@animehunter

All New Spider-Man & Spider-Man 2099 Coming to Unlimited Game

Posted by: BD in Video Games

The all new Spider-Man costume hasn’t appeared in print yet, but that isn’t stopping Marvel from putting it in the popular Spider-Man Unlimited video game. Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2099 will be getting a video game makeover.If you haven’t played it before, it’s a lot of fun.

@darthfury78

You might be interested to know that Black Widow has told MJ she knows Peter is Spidey in the newspaper strip

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@punyparker marrisa tomei is our new aunt may

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=122562

We have a movie thread.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11917  Edited By animehunter

From CBR

The Mayo Report: Analyzing "Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows" Sales, "NonPlayer's Return & More

June 2015 was once again the publisher with the largest portion of the top 300 comics with 46.57% followed by DC with 30.40% and Image with 10.66%. Marvel accounted for 48.95% of the total retail dollars for the top 300 comics. DC accounted for 29.25% and Image with 9.14%. The five premiere publishers in the front half of Previews accounted for 93.78% of the units and top 300 comics 93.58% of the retail dollars for the top 300 comics. If the store you shop at seems to favor the premiere publishers, or just Marvel and DC, over all of the other publishers that is why. Simply put, the smaller publishers aren't as profitable as the larger publishers.

Taking a look over the history of the aggregate sales of the top 300 comics, we can see the units sales are trending up but not as quickly as the retail dollars:

Breaking those charts to Marvel, DC and other, we can see Marvel is clearly the leader of the pack. In some recent months, DC is beginning to get outsold by the other publishers due to a combination of weaker DC sales and stronger sales of the other publishers.

"Secret Wars" #3 sold an estimated 218,136 units. Not only does the miniseries continue to do well for Marvel, but many of the related titles, such as "Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows" #1 and "Thors" #1, sold very well.

-----

Some might see the 203,565 units sold of "Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows" #1 as fans "voting with their wallet" in favor of a married Spider-Man. Personally, I've always considered the "vote with your wallet" concept to be somewhat flawed. That sort of voting process is inherently biased in favor of the content as a purchases as seen as being a vote in favor of the content. The purchase happens prior to the assessment of the material. As anybody who has ever read a comic they didn't enjoy can attest, that reading of the sales figures in inaccurately optimistic. Likewise, not purchasing a comic does not equate to someone not liking the comics, as they may not even be aware of the comic. In the case of "Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows," given the number of new titles coming out these days, it is entirely possible some readers were unaware of exactly what this title was. For the moment, we'll ignore that possibility entirely given the sales over 200,000 units. The real question is how many of these copies sold to readers and how many readers approve of the nature and direction of the story. Unfortunately, there is no real way of knowing that. Equating high sales on these charts to anything other than retailers expecting a high level of interest in the material or needing to order high to qualify for incentive covers is questionable at best.

-----

"Archie" #666 concludes the original numbering of the series with an estimated 17,814 units. Given the new first issue will have around two dozen variant covers, the renumbered and retooled volume will almost certainly start with strong sales within the direct market.

"Nonplayer" #2 shipped from Image 217 weeks after the first issue and sold approximately 13,507, units which is down around 8.89% from the total known sales of the first issue. The series got high praises when it launched four years ago only to have the second issue never get solicited until this year. It raises the question of if the second issue is late or not. Technically, it came out exactly when it was originally solicited to ship, so from that perspective, it wasn't late. Unfortunately, there was a 217 week gap between the first and second issues, making it feel very late. I respect Nate Simpson and Image Comics for not soliciting the issue until he could get it out as promised, and the drop in sales is remarkably low given the delays on the title and the uncertain future of when the remaining issues of the series will ship.

As a reader, delays like "Nonplayer's" can be frustrating. For a series, they can be crippling. Fortunately, the delay on "Nonplayer" doesn't seem to have hurt the title, but we won't know for certain how the series does until all six of the issues ship. Four years is an eternity, and to say the entire comic book industry has changed since "Nonplayer" #1 shipped would not be overstating things. Since April 2011, digital comics went from being on the horizon to day-and-date digital releases being a common and expected business practice. The overwhelming majority of titles from just four years ago have either ended or been relaunched, retooled, renumbers, renamed or otherwise revamped. The recent changes in the list of titles published by DC and Marvel are more evidence of how fluid the industry has become over the last few years. Delays like "Nonplayer" used to be much more common and while they still happen these days, they are fairly rare.

If you'd like to listen to an in-depth discussion of the sales data, check out the Mayo Report episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast at www.ComicBookPage.com. In addition to those episodes, every Monday is a Weekly Comics Spotlight episode featuring a comic by DC, a comic by Marvel and a comic by some other publisher. I read around 200 new comics a month so the podcast covers a wide variety of what is currently being published. If you are looking for more or different comics to read, check out the latest Previews Spotlight episode which features clips from various comic book fans talking about the comics they love. With thousands of comics in Previews every month, Previews Spotlight episodes are a great way to find out about things which may have flown under your comic book radar.

I'll be at Comic-Con International: San Diego again this year and would be happy to discuss the sales trends with people. If you are interesting in doing so, email me at John.Mayo@ComicBookResources.com and we can try to find a time and place to meet up during the convention. I'll be on the 10th Annual All Star Comic Book Podcaster Panel, Saturday, July 11th from noon until 1pm in the Auditorium at the San Diego Central Library. The Central Library is on the other side of Petco Park from the convention center. That is the easiest time and place to find me and I'd be happy to talk with people after the panel.

As always, if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to email me at John.Mayo@ComicBookResources.com.

-

@punyparker

@zarius

camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius: the phrase "head out the clouds" is something you say to someone who is a day dreamer. the phrase "head out of the ground/dirt" is something you say to people who hide from real life or the facts, like how an ostrich sticks their head in the ground to hide from danger... i have to quit talking to the 3rd graders on this forum, y'all are making me dumber listening to your fanboy ignorance. next time you want to correct someone make sure you have half an idea what you're talking about...

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11919  Edited By Zarius

@animehunter

@knightwriter

@punyparker

CBR are reporting RYV#1 brought in 203K sales. That is more than orders for Superior and Spider-Verse.

Got anything left in the tank camstevens80? Rofl.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11920  Edited By spider11211

Wow facts once again tell the story...who would have thought. Interesting.

camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius: Ummmmm... Sure... First of all, I never said anything about the comic selling well or not, just that you want to pretend that it has nothing to do with the writer and the only reason it sold well was because of the marriage... That's ridiculous... Even the article on CBR you referenced agrees with me on this... Also, as Slott commonly made it known during Superior, the numbers that come out only represent the Diamond Distributor numbers and don't include direct sales, digital sales, or 2nd, 3rd, etc printings, which Superior #1 had 4 or 5 I think... You can call me a Slott follower if you want, honestly I don't care... The only comic I read from him is Amazing and I've even said some of his storylines are subpar, but whatever. I understand name calling and side taking are the tactics of fan boys with poor logic... Also, for your buddies on here who complained about Superior being nothing but fan fiction (I don't know if you claimed that or not and I honestly couldn't care enough to waste my life by going back and rereading all the posts), don't you see the irony/hypocrisy that they are loving this miniseries about the marriage even though it could be characterized as a gimmick or fan fiction just like Superior was. It's ok as long as it's your fan fiction I guess. Be consistent or you come across looking ridiculous... Look, my whole point was that it's silly to yell about how bad Slott is and then when one of the comics that fulfills your nerdy dreams comes out and does well, pretend that he had nothing to do with it, even though he wrote it. Also, Amazing Spider-man #1, which Slott wrote, sold 532,000+ and I don't believe there was a marriage in that one.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11923  Edited By animehunter

From Thwip Studios

Spider-Man Torment (Motion Comic)

Loading Video...

Published on 9 Jul 2015

There’s blood on the streets of New York, as an old foe of Spider-man returns. But everything is not as simple as it seems as Spider-Man hunts the Lizard to try and stop the bloody rampage in New York City. What is driving the Lizard? Blood washes the streets of the Big Apple. Torment plunges Spider-Man into the darkness within us. Will Spidey put an end to the bloodthirsty, homicidal rampage? Who is behind the Lizard’s sudden change? Is it an answer that Spider-Man is prepared to face? Or will it be so shocking that it will make even the most courageous hero question his sanity?

Based on Spider-man # 1-5 by Todd McFarlane.

Featuring the Voice Talents of:

MICHAEL MALCONIAN as Spider-man/Peter Parker

PHOENIX EMRYS as Calisto

MARTYN LUKE as Kraven the Hunter

KAYLA (MISS PROTECTIVE) SQUIRES as Mary Jane Watson

KEATON BOGLE (DMARIIN) as Thug and Victim

-

@punyparker

@zarius

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11924  Edited By animehunter

By any chance has anyone spotted pigs flying, there must be, because I am shocked, Douglas Ernst actually complementing slot.

From Douglas Ernst

Renew Your Vows #2: Dan Slott hits a rare home run, proves Tom Brevoort’s ‘medicine’ was poison

https://dougernst.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/renew-your-vows-2-spiderman.jpg

Baseball fans know just how fun it is to watch a pitcher hit a home run. Likewise, comic fans can stand up and cheer because Dan Slott, despite going 0-25 in his last 25 at bats, finally knocked one out of the park with issue #2 of Renew Your Vows. He bumped his batting average up to .038 with one home run. He also managed to expose once and for all how Tom Brevoort’s “medicine” (i.e., his comments on the decision to end Peter Parker’s marriage to MJ) was in fact poison.

https://dougernst.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/tom-brevoort-twitter-omd.jpg

A lot of people joked about Annie’s name when it was first revealed, likening it to a cheap take on “Little Orphan Annie” because of her red hair, but after reading issue #2 of Renew Your Vows it is hard to read her story and not think of her like a super-power Anne Frank.

Just as the Frank family had to go into hiding during World War II, so too must the Parker family. An evil dictator with a penchant for genetic testing once controlled Germany and sought subjects on whom he could experiment; likewise, Regent hunts down a minority group — superheroes — and kills or experiments on them. If all of this was on accident, then Dan Slott stumbled onto an powerful accident. If the parallels were purposeful, then at least with this issue he did an stellar job.

On almost every level, the second issue of Renew Your Vows works.

• Peter struggles with nightmares linked with have killed Eddie Brock (Venom), just as any cop or soldier might.
  • The dialogue between the entire family is touching and emotional.
  • Peter springs into action and acts like a true hero. He exudes grit and determination.
  • Mary Jane becomes the mother everyone knows she would have been — if it weren’t for Tom Brevoort’s “medicine.”
  • Annie is intriguing, and her reactions to Peter’s heroics touch anyone who once watched their own parents come through in a difficult situation.

All of this begs the question: Why has Marvel denied readers these kinds of stories — for years? Why has Marvel pretended like readers could not relate to a married Peter Parker when this issue proves them to be incredibly wrong?

Yes, it’s true: Dan Slott wrote an issue of The Amazing Spider-Man that is, for all intents and purposes, flawless.

It is inexplicable that fans have had to deal with man-child Peter Parker, the death of Peter Parker, and “Please-help-me-Silk-and-Anna-Maria” Peter Parker when Dan Slott could have been writing about a Peter Parker the grown man, who is trying to raise his super-powered daughter with a strong woman by his side.

Come out for a curtain call and tip your hat, Dan Slott. You earned it. But when you return to the dugout, I highly suggest telling your team manager that when it comes to Peter and MJ’s marriage, he should stop administering his “medicine.”

-

@punyparker

@zarius

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys are so obsessive over a fictional pairing, I'm regretting being an active member, I mean this is a comic for boys and you guys are like male version of tumblr fangirls shippers of anime franchises. I only care about the comic, action and suspense of Spider-Man only, not pairing a chick who's not a superhero or even interesting love interest.

camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11927  Edited By animehunter

OUT JULY 15TH, 2015

Preview: Captain Britain and the Mighty Defenders #1

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/CAPBMD2015001-DC11-4967f.jpg

Story by
Al Ewing
Art by
Alan Davis, Mark Farmer
Colors by
Will Quintana
Cover by
Alan Davis, Frazer Irving

• Welcome to Battleworld - where, in what’s left of Mondo-City One, Boss Cage is the law!

• When the fascist futuropolis annexes neighboring Yinsen City, who’ll stand up for Ho Yinsen’s dream of universal peace?

• If you liked the Mighty Avengers -- you’ll love the Mighty Defenders!

COMICBOOKRESOURCES

COMICVINE

Preview: Armor Wars #3

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/ARMORW2015003-DC11-a7dc2.jpg

Story by
James Robinson
Art by
Marcio Takara
Colors by
Esther Sanz
Letters by
VC - Travis Lanham
Cover by
Paul Rivoche, Jordan Boyd, Alex Maleev

WHO KILLED SPYDER-MAN?!

• JIM RHODES’ investigation of the murder of one of TECHNOPOLIS’ few superheroes takes an unexpected and dangerous turn

• What kind of ramifications will the plans and machinations of ARNO STARK and THE KINGPIN have on BARON TONY STARK?

• As KIRI fights through her grief by continuing her work on new armored creations we see how they may change the face of Technopolis…and beyond…forever!

COMICBOOKRESOURCES

COMICVINE

-

@punyparker

@zarius

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimishim12:

Yes you're right, we're obsessive over long established, well beloved characters who deserve better treatment from the bunch of sloppy joes currently running Marvel.

You on the other hand seem to be obsessed with the delusion that Spider-Man is a static legacy character stuck in a perpetual vacuum of never progressing beyond youthful immaturity.

You constantly display your total lack of historic Spider-Man knowlege by trolling on with your MJ hate and no understanding of pre OMD Peter Parker.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11929  Edited By Zarius

No truth in trolling I'm afraid Cammy, other than revealing what calibure of character the person trolling is. Evidently, the only thing you and Jimmy ever do in here is needlessly needle and bait other people rather than respect or try to understand our perspectives, which speaks volumes over who you are as intolerant and immature people. You're very much a compliment to Dan's own online snarkiness. It's not a very productive path to go down.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11930  Edited By magnetic_eye

By any chance has anyone spotted pigs flying, there must be, because I am shocked, Douglas Ernst actually complementing slot.

From Douglas Ernst

Renew Your Vows #2: Dan Slott hits a rare home run, proves Tom Brevoort’s ‘medicine’ was poison

Baseball fans know just how fun it is to watch a pitcher hit a home run. Likewise, comic fans can stand up and cheer because Dan Slott, despite going 0-25 in his last 25 at bats, finally knocked one out of the park with issue #2 of Renew Your Vows. He bumped his batting average up to .038 with one home run. He also managed to expose once and for all how Tom Brevoort’s “medicine” (i.e., his comments on the decision to end Peter Parker’s marriage to MJ) was in fact poison.

A lot of people joked about Annie’s name when it was first revealed, likening it to a cheap take on “Little Orphan Annie” because of her red hair, but after reading issue #2 of Renew Your Vows it is hard to read her story and not think of her like a super-power Anne Frank.

Just as the Frank family had to go into hiding during World War II, so too must the Parker family. An evil dictator with a penchant for genetic testing once controlled Germany and sought subjects on whom he could experiment; likewise, Regent hunts down a minority group — superheroes — and kills or experiments on them. If all of this was on accident, then Dan Slott stumbled onto an powerful accident. If the parallels were purposeful, then at least with this issue he did an stellar job.

On almost every level, the second issue of Renew Your Vows works.

• Peter struggles with nightmares linked with have killed Eddie Brock (Venom), just as any cop or soldier might.
  • The dialogue between the entire family is touching and emotional.
  • Peter springs into action and acts like a true hero. He exudes grit and determination.
  • Mary Jane becomes the mother everyone knows she would have been — if it weren’t for Tom Brevoort’s “medicine.”
  • Annie is intriguing, and her reactions to Peter’s heroics touch anyone who once watched their own parents come through in a difficult situation.

All of this begs the question: Why has Marvel denied readers these kinds of stories — for years? Why has Marvel pretended like readers could not relate to a married Peter Parker when this issue proves them to be incredibly wrong?

Yes, it’s true: Dan Slott wrote an issue of The Amazing Spider-Man that is, for all intents and purposes, flawless.

It is inexplicable that fans have had to deal with man-child Peter Parker, the death of Peter Parker, and “Please-help-me-Silk-and-Anna-Maria” Peter Parker when Dan Slott could have been writing about a Peter Parker the grown man, who is trying to raise his super-powered daughter with a strong woman by his side.

Come out for a curtain call and tip your hat, Dan Slott. You earned it. But when you return to the dugout, I highly suggest telling your team manager that when it comes to Peter and MJ’s marriage, he should stop administering his “medicine.”

-

@punyparker

@zarius

RYV has been the first Dan Slott Spider-Man story I have purchased since ASM #700. As much as I don’t really like alternate universe stories, RYV offers a good insight to what could’ve been, had Marvel administered a much more palatable kind of medicine.

Looking forward to reading issue #2.

No Caption Provided

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11931  Edited By Zarius

@magnetic_eye

So much for our "weird anti-Slott" fixation we tend to be accused of here by the likes of camstevens. I've been saying for a while RYV was Dan's best work this year (and I am working on a top ten of Slott stories eventually to share here, which may include some post-OMD work), I sort of liken this moment to that scene from the end of the pilot of Quantum Leap where Sam is in the body of the old softball hitter and scores the winning line

While I know RYV will have a "ha ha" ending, I won't care if the calibure of story we're getting is this good

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11932  Edited By Zarius
animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11933  Edited By animehunter
camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... Oh man... Those last two posts were hilarious... First of all, I can't tell you how many times you and people of your ilk have told me that I don't know Peter Parker or that I like subpar comics or that I wouldn't know what good comics were because I like most of Slott's Spider-Man comics... Before you accuse other people of not seeing from another person's perspective you and your pals should look in the mirror... Also, how ridiculous is it that you pretend you don't have an anti-Slott bent in your perspective because you like 2 comics he has written.... Hahahahahahahahaha... That is so silly... You dog on him all the time and how he writes certain characters, especially imaginary women that you have a crush on, but now to think your not weirdly anti-Slott because you like RYV???... Hahahahahahahahaha... Man, this forum is high comedy... Save you silly, illogical, 2nd grade arguments for the rest of your elementary school pals... Enjoy your juice box kid

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter

@punyparker

@magnetic_eye

This quote from Douglas Ernst says it all about our perceived "weirdness" from those in the corporate pocket

Imagine what ASM sales would be like if Marvel united the following groups: 1. People who will buy anything with Spider-Man on the cover. 2. People who buy anything by Dan Slott. 3. Casual fans who just buy something their friends say is good. 4. Fans who left at OMD. 5. Guys like me, who are not only unhappy about the direction of the book, but willing to write about it on blogs that have decent traffic.

For the longest time Dan Slott has acted like I have something against him when in truth I have only cared about the quality of his writing. This issues proves it. If the rest of Renew Your Vows is written with this kind of quality, you will see three equally-supportive reviews. Dan Slott has not been able to grasp this point because all too often he takes hard-nosed criticism of his work as criticism of him as a human being.

Now that we know Dan Slott is capable of this kind of excellence, I hope to see more of it. I really do.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11936  Edited By animehunter

@zarius said:

@animehunter

@punyparker

@magnetic_eye

This quote from Douglas Ernst says it all about our perceived "weirdness" from those in the corporate pocket

Imagine what ASM sales would be like if Marvel united the following groups: 1. People who will buy anything with Spider-Man on the cover. 2. People who buy anything by Dan Slott. 3. Casual fans who just buy something their friends say is good. 4. Fans who left at OMD. 5. Guys like me, who are not only unhappy about the direction of the book, but willing to write about it on blogs that have decent traffic.

For the longest time Dan Slott has acted like I have something against him when in truth I have only cared about the quality of his writing. This issues proves it. If the rest of Renew Your Vows is written with this kind of quality, you will see three equally-supportive reviews. Dan Slott has not been able to grasp this point because all too often he takes hard-nosed criticism of his work as criticism of him as a human being.

Now that we know Dan Slott is capable of this kind of excellence, I hope to see more of it. I really do.

As I said pigs must have started to fly, because I never expected a compliment to Slott from Ernst, never in my wildest dreams, LOOK, I see one through my window.

And I think that in itself should mean something, if some like Ernst, who has been very unhappy with Slotts' writing and says so, to actually give a complement about said writing. Surely this is an indication that Slott's finally doing something right.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11937  Edited By animehunter

From CBR - CSBG Archive

Top Five Most Awkward Aunt May Moments

Here is an archive of all the past top five lists I’ve one over the years.

As the comics world reacts to the news of the casting for the new Aunt May in the Spider-Man films, I thought it would be fun to spotlight the top five most awkward Aunt May comic book moments (only the “regular” Marvel Universe, so no What If..?s, alternate universe Aunt Mays or Ultimate Aunt May)!

Enjoy!

HONORABLE MENTIONS

NOTE: I don’t think Aunt May’s time as the Herald of Galactus really counts, but if you want to read about that, here is our I Love Ya But You’re Strange spotlight on it.

Aunt May Discovers Peter’s Secret Identity

In Amazing Spider-Man (Volume 2) #35 (by J. Michael Straczynski, John Romita Jr. and Scott Hanna), Aunt May finally discovers Spider-Man’s secret identity (Tony Stark, Stephen Strange and Reed Richards later wipe that information from everyone’s mind, including May)…

awkwardauntmay8a

awkwardauntmay8b

awkwardauntmay8c

JMS decided to play it like it wasn’t all that awkward, so it isn’t high on the list.

Aunt May returns from the “dead”

After seemingly dying in Amazing Spider-Man #400 (here‘s an Abandoned an’ Forsaked on the whole thing), in Peter Parker: Spider-Man #97 (by Howard Mackie, John Romita Jr. and Scott Hanna), Spider-Man discovers that Green Goblin has “May.” Peter believes it is his kidnapped daughter, who was born stillborn. He arrives and discovers that it is May, which he discovers in a scene that is an homage to a moment that makes the list (since it is an homage of a more famous moment, I didn’t put it on the actual list)…

awkwardauntmay7a

awkwardauntmay7b

Gwen Stacy is tired of Aunt May’s BS

In Amazing Spider-Man #109, Stan Lee and John Romita try to draw the whole “over-protective Aunt” era to a close by having Gwen Stacy go OFF on Aunt May for coddling Peter…

awkwardauntmay6a

awkwardauntmay6b

Gwen’s not wrong, but it is still funny to see her screaming at May.

Aunt May almost marries Doctor Octopus

It’s always a bit awkward when your aunt almost marries your nemesis, like May nearly did in Amazing Spider-Man #131 (by Gerry Conway, Ross Andru and friends)…

awkwardauntmay6-1

5. May hits Peter over the head with a vase and then nearly murders him.

In Amazing Spider-Man #114 (by Gerry Conway and John Romita), Spider-Man discovers the “missing” Aunt May, who is chilling with Doctor Octopus, only she is there WILLINGLY, and she doesn’t take kindly to Spider-Man snooping around…

awkwardauntmay5a

awkwardauntmay5b

Wow, an entire team of X-Men better not try snooping around Aunt May’s house any time soon.

The following issue, after he beats Doctor Octopus up, she reacts even worse…

awkwardauntmay5c

awkwardauntmay5d

By the way, I once did an Abandoned an’ Forsaked on how Conway changed the rules for Spider-Man’s Spider-Sense with that moment.

4. May walks in on Peter and Mary Jane “warming their bones”

In Web of Spider-Man #50 (by Gerry Conway, Alex Saviuk and Keith Williams), due to unforeseen circumstances, Peter and Mary Jane have to move into Aunt May’s home on a temporary basis. The thing is, she still sort of treats it like it was back in the days that Peter was living with her, like her barging into the room whenever she feels like it, which can lead to awkward moments…

awkwardauntmay4

They were only beginning to mess around, so I didn’t have it higher on the list.

3. Aunt May finds some sticky stuff in Peter’s room

In Amazing Spider-Man #108, Peter spills some of his web fluid while Aunt May is visiting, leading to a hilariously awkward situation that I think it is pretty clear that Stan Lee and John Romita were not intending to be read in the way that people read the scene today, which makes it funnier, but either way, it’s a pretty awkward situation…

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/awkwardauntmay3a.jpg

awkwardauntmay3b

2. Peter walking in on Aunt May and Jay Jameson having sex

In Amazing Spider-Man #592 (by Mark Waid, Mike McKone and Andy Lanning), Peter goes to visit Aunt May and, well, he sees more than he means to see…

awkwardauntmay2a

awkwardauntmay2b

awkwardauntmay2c

You have to give Waid credit for eventually having Peter get past the awkwardness and give Aunt May a really sweet sex-positive response in the next issue, though…

awkwardauntmay2d

awkwardauntmay2e

awkwardauntmay2f

awkwardauntmay2g

awkwardauntmay2h

1. Peter remembers having sex with Aunt May

In the storyline leading up to Otto Octavius taking over as a “superior” Spider-Man for a while, Peter discovers himself trapped in Otto’s dying body while Otto is now in control of his healthy body. However, in Amazing Spider-Man #699 (by Dan Slott, Humberto Ramos and Victor Olazaba), Peter realizes that if Otto has access to his body and his memories (eventually those memories are what causes Octavius to act like a hero in the next issue, as Peter’s memories of responsibility being inherently linked to power are too overwhelming for Octavius to ignore) then Peter must have access to Octavius’ memories, as well. Peter tries to use that access to find information on how to reverse the mind-switch and instead discovers a memory of Otto’s of the time that Otto and May had sex before their ill-fated wedding…

awkwardauntmay1

Hilariously awkward.

-

@punyparker

@zarius

comicawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@camstevens80: Thats true. the users of this page has a clear bias against and a clear obsession towards Dan Slott. But I would not try to argue with them, they can't string together a logical argument so they resort to name calling or pretending your post does not exist. Most of them can't comprehend that Slotts run on Amazing Spider-man has only gone on for 8 years because of good critic ratings and steady sales. I wonder how many of them are going attempt to reply.

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... Oh man... Those last two posts were hilarious... First of all, I can't tell you how many times you and people of your ilk have told me that I don't know Peter Parker or that I like subpar comics or that I wouldn't know what good comics were because I like most of Slott's Spider-Man comics... Before you accuse other people of not seeing from another person's perspective you and your pals should look in the mirror... Also, how ridiculous is it that you pretend you don't have an anti-Slott bent in your perspective because you like 2 comics he has written.... Hahahahahahahahaha... That is so silly... You dog on him all the time and how he writes certain characters, especially imaginary women that you have a crush on, but now to think your not weirdly anti-Slott because you like RYV???... Hahahahahahahahaha... Man, this forum is high comedy... Save you silly, illogical, 2nd grade arguments for the rest of your elementary school pals... Enjoy your juice box kid

No Caption Provided

So your trying to egg on us for caring about the way a comic is written? If you think it's elementary then just don't involve yourself here.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11940  Edited By Zarius

@comicawesome said:

@camstevens80: Thats true. the users of this page has a clear bias against and a clear obsession towards Dan Slott. But I would not try to argue with them, they can't string together a logical argument so they resort to name calling or pretending your post does not exist.

ROFL

This coming from the hypocritical baiter who can't string together a logical argument, or string a coherent sentence together unless called out on your typos by an actual grown-up and has to adjust (BTW, congratulations on spelling something correctly for a whole sentence, that must have taken you a good few tries)

And did you miss the last couple of comments where we've been praising RYV? And that I said I have a top ten of Dan Slott stories both before AND after OMD/BND? Just as I would with ANY writer who works long-term on my favorite superhero franchise?

Yeah, it's clear you're not reading those posts, so do belt up.

You might as well say we're all obsessed with JMS, or Howard Mackie, or Tom DeFalco, or Roger Stern, or whoever else is driving the car. If you're the prolific writer of a flagship magazine, you will be talked about extensively. ESPECIALLY in the online age.

Dan is more obsessed with me, Douglas, CBR's Stillanerd, and plenty of other more vocal critics/fans of his than we are with him, I assure you of that. Just look at his online activity and that's plain to see.

You know the phrase "don't feed the troll?", that's why you and Cam's posts are ignored, because all you do is make snide and aggressive comments because you're too insecure about your own tastes in Spider-Man comics. You allow yourselves to feel threatened by our opinions.

You won't bother arguing with us because you've been intellectually curb-stomped enough times. You know when you're beat so you hitch a piggy-back ride on one of your more abrasive buddies trying to get back at us.

Camstevens: ROFL, keep proving me right. Your type are all that same. Volatile, immature, useless with sentence structure, rude, and over-protective of Dan's lesser work to the point it's almost as if you want to convey the part of corporate stooge. As long as you act this bent out of shape, your posts will continue to be ignored by all those who want to simply share and enjoy Spider-Man news and discuss our own opinions of the fluctuating quality issues. While we obviously can't silence you, nor would we want to because everyone deserves a voice, you cannot silence us in return.

As fans, we will discuss, share, enjoy, dislike, all sorts of news and developments of Spider-Man, it's writers, it's artists, and give proper dues to it's history, to our hearts content in whatever way we please. If you have a problem with how that's said, that's really no fault but your own.

For the sake of future civility. please develop a thicker skin

Until then, get used to being invisible.

@animehunter

Peter thinking about May and Otto having sex in Dying Wish is'nt in that list (thankfully)...also nice to know most of that does'nt even touch on stuff from the Mephistoverse BND era

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From CBR <<< For the rest of the article

SDCC: Hickman, Brevoort And More Reveal Truth Behind "Secret Wars"

"Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows" #4 will come out near the suggested date of August 19th, Brevoort said. "Peter Parker and Mary Jane are still married and have a daughter and he has put the costume aside to live a normal life and now events are drawing together around him like a web to pull him back into the fold," said Brevoort. "That's the story being told.

Soule said a bit about "Civil War," saying that the series "takes the big last battle in which Captain America surrendered to Iron Man and we say that didn't happen. Something terrible and tragic happens that splits America down the middle, creating the Divide. I thought that was an obvious metaphor to use, the country split down the middle. Captain America runs the West, the Blue, and Tony Stark has the East, called the Iron. Things have gotten big and crazy; people have changed their looks and outlooks. Spider-Man is also wearing the Falcon's wings, She-Hulk is a part of it. It's very exciting. After issue #1, we learn that Captain America may have been working on something to end the war, something Manhattan Project-esque."

-

@punyparker

@zarius

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11942  Edited By Zarius

@animehunter

Missed this bit out. Nothing too revealing, just a nice personal story from Charles

"The panel was asked what comics brought them back after stretches away from the medium. Soule said that Bendis' "Ultimate Spider-Man" brought him back to comics and helped entertain him during his first year as a lawyer. Williamson admitted that he's never not read comics, starting with early "Fantastic Four" issues. "I feel like I was born to do this," said Williamson. "This became a lifestyle choice early on. I have a Batman tattoo."

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Checking out the Spiderman comics disussion forum for the first time in a while...so, is there a Spiderman comic worth buying right now? I jumped off when Spiderverse started.......

Two of my very favourite characters are Batman and Spiderman. Even though personally I didn't enjoy Batman 42 that much, it was at least interesting....Spiderman comics need to regain something.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11944  Edited By animehunter

From the SDCC

From Comicbook.com

Today at Comic-Con International: San Diego, Marvel Comics announced Avengers #0, kicking off the publisher’s All-New Avengers line in October.

The 56-page story (priced at $5.99) will feature introductory stories to All-New, All-Different Avengers, Squadron Supreme, A-Force, New Avengers, Ultimates, and Uncanny Avengers.

The issue also reveals the first clues about someone who is keeping a close eye on the Avengers and those close to them.

Follow along with ComicBook.com's San Diego Comic Con 2015 coverage by clicking here.

---

From Newsarama

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/151/143/original/Avengers_0_cover.jpg?1436559979

There's several question marks about the line-ups and statuses of the various Avengers teams leading into "All-New All-Different Marvel," and the publisher looks to be answering some of those with Avengers #0, just announced at the "All-New All-Different Avengers" panel at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2015.

Scheduled for release in October, this anthology one-shot has stories by the creative teams of the six Avengers books: All-New All-Different Avengers, A-Force, New Avengers, Ultimates, Squadron Supreme and Uncanny Avengers.

AVENGERS #0

When: October 2015

Written by MARK WAID, JAMES ROBINSON, G. WILLOW WILSON, AL EWING, GERRY DUGGAN

Penciled by MAHMUD ASRAR, LEONARD KIRK, GERARDO SANDOVAL, KENNETH ROQUEFORT, RYAN STEGMAN, VICTOR IBANEZ

Cover by KENNETH ROQUEFORT

Variant Cover by ART ADAMS

The kickoff to the All-New AVENGERS line begins here, with new stories of the ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT AVENGERS, SQUADRON SUPREME, A-FORCE, NEW AVENGERS, ULTIMATES and UNCANNY AVENGERS! Someone is carefully studying the movements of the Avengers and those in their orbit—but do they mean to harm, or help? Find out the first clues in this special launch issue!

56 PGS./Rated T+ …$5.99

---

---

From CBR <<< For the rest of the article

SDCC: All-New, All-Different Avengers Assemble With Waid, Spencer & More

The first issue of the new ongoing series, "All-New, All-Different Avengers," came up, with Waid saying that this book is a "career highlight." "I'm really happy with the team we came up with and I love the fact that most of these characters have really interacted with each other, so that gives us a chance to focus on the character stuff and see more of what it's like to be Ms. Marvel interacting with Sam Wilson as Captain America." Waid said that series artists Adam Kubert and Mahmud Asrar have been great to work with. Brevoort added that this book is in the style of the John Byrne and Chris Claremont "X-Men" run, in that it's a small and tight team.

"The big change is that they don't have access to Stark money anymore," said Waid."That was my initial pitch to Tom. The Avengers superpower as a team is that they keep showing up all the time because they have a billion dollars. It's more interesting to have them not have unlimited resources." Brevoort reiterated that they are not poor, they just have to worry about money more than ever before.

"I was really excited about the 'Broke-Ass Avengers,'" said Amanat with a laugh. "I'd buy that."

The floor opened up for questions, with one focusing on the fact that the "All-New, All-Different Avengers" roster contains a number of minors on the team. Waid, pointed out that some characters, like Kamala Khan and Miles Morales, have actually been doing super heroics longer than a character like the new Thor. "It's part of the discussion the older Avengers have," said Waid, "but the job is the job and these characters will prove themselves."

When asked about the R-word and whether or not "Secret Wars" will reboot continuity, Brevoort joked that we may never know with the way "Secret Wars" is going scheduling wise. "Once we reconstitute the new Marvel Universe, we're not really throwing anything away," said Brevoort. "The Iron Man you're reading about is the same one you've been reading for the past 50 years. That's a little different from a reboot. DC has thrown everything out every now and then and started on day one."

-

@punyparker

@zarius

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11945  Edited By Zarius

@animehunter

This forced Iron Man thing sure is grating. I'll still check out the comic because I love me Bendis and Tony, but this attempt at making him the brand just is'nt going to stick with a lot of folk.

And no Tom, everyone I've been reading the last few years act nothing like the ones I read as a youngster, a teen, or as a young adult.

And again with Steve Rogers and a broken relationship with a bestie? Oh yes, because they dried out the well too many times doing that with Tony. Hero vs Hero is getting damn old.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I understand this is not spider related or even, Marvel related. I still think this is something we need to look at.

Lois and Clark are Married with a Kid in New DC Comics Series

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/151/145/original/BLCK_SMAN_CVR_fnl.jpg?1436563325

Spinning out of Convergence and the way it made old universes – and old multiverses technically all once again alive and well, the story of a Superman and Lois Lane – who had a newborn son in that series – will pick up in a October. DC Comics co-publishers Dan DiDio and Jim Lee announced the series, along with two others, on IGN.com.

Nine years after the events of that mini-series, a black suited and bearded Superman, his wife, and their child struggle to survive on their new world. This world doesn’t have all the villains Superman used to fight – and he’s determined to keep it that way.

Superman: Lois and Clark kicks off October 14, written by Dan Jurgens with art by Lee Weeks.

-

@punyparker

@zarius

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11947  Edited By Zarius

@animehunter

I saw that and couldn't be happier. On one hand, from premise alone, it does sound like DC are really riding the wave of Renew Your Vows just a tad, but I'm all for more of MY Superman and Lois and their son in their world, and it's from a writer that knows how to play to their strengths.

Your move now Marvel.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@animehunter: That Superman news got me excited. I thought Convergence turned into shit in record time for an event, but getting to see more of THE Superman was really great. Can't wait for that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.