Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-man boycott

Kraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kraven

After the horror of One More Day, I decided I'd still give Brand New Day a chance. I've been a Spider-man fan for 20 years and I really don't want to quit the book. Now, after reading the first 3 disappointing and watered down stories of Brand New Day, I've decided to do just that. Amazing Spider-man has generally lacked lustre for a long time. JMS revived it a little but his contributions are out shined by his blunders.

My hope is that more and more Spidey fans will get sick of what's been done done to the Amazing title and will quit the book as well.

Maybe if enough of us say "Hey, this crap isn't worth paying for 3 times a month!" something will actually change.

Anybody else out there who has quit Amazing Spider-man or is planning to??

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Copy

I'm not boycotting it. I didn't like the recent story arc but I still like Spidy. So, I'm going to continue reading it. I'm done with complaining about One more day. I did that enough already.

Knightwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Knightwing

Nice to see some people cooling off and getting their anger and frustrations out of their systems. Anyway, Kraven you should relax. I'm sure as hell wouldn't come into Spiderman's page for another 20 years but I've cooled off now and I've got like another 20 pages to do on some Batman related characters.

Avatar image for blue_lantern_2814
    Blue Lantern 2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Blue Lantern 2814

I've only read up to the first issue of Brand New Day so far, I liked it. I think it really opens up the character to some new stories. I will admit that I didn't like issue 4 of OMD, but that doesn't mean I'm going to boycott the character.

Crazy Jay Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Crazy Jay Blue

Are you really trying to initiate a boycott, or are you just done reading it until it gets interesting? I guess they are essentially the same thing, though the word "boycott" has some fairly serious connotations to it.

{ACE OF WEBS}

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By {ACE OF WEBS}

D= dont get rid of spidey jus make the series better D=

Mr Mofo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mr Mofo

It's been pretty decent. I think Dan Slott is an underrated writer. It's not his fault that certain people screwed with the Spider-Man mythos. I'll always love Spider-Man unless they turn him into a gun-toting lunatic. Although did anyone read this week's WHAT IF with Wolverine? Spidey became a bad-ass.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By sora_thekey

I'm with Kraven all the way!!!!!!!!! but of course if by any means Mary Jane and Peter are back together and the stories become just as intreasting as before I'll delete my boycott. So yeah I haven't read one more day.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.