Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

So, The Lizard...

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GraniteSoldier

I was away so I just today picked up Superior Spider-Man 13, and the Lizard's involvement intrigues me. With the events back in "Amazing" leaving Curt Connors' with his human mind trapped in his Lizard body, and the recent events in "Superior" having him reveal it and getting removed from the Raft, it makes me wonder: what comes next for the Lizard? I have always pitied Connors, he's a villain who is a good man, but that good man was surrounded by a cold-blooded monster. Now he somewhat parallels SpOck. Ock is a mind in a body he wanted and stole, and Connors is stuck in a body he despises and seeks to be rid of. Now where does he go? Does he try to atone for his past sins? Does he seek a full cure? I'm wondering what everyone thinks about this.

With the events of SSM 13, I'm leaning towards the Lizard being involved somehow in Peter's return to his body. If I remember correctly (feel free to correct me if I am not) part of the Lizard's powerset was superhuman hearing, so is it entirely possible he heard what SpOck said to Smythe before he died? It could be another puzzle piece to how Peter returns. He did, after all, get Connors to his current state, where he at least has the mind and conscious of a man in the Lizard's body. Perhaps he may feel endebted. Thoughts?

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It's a very good idea, but for me what counts the most is Pete returning. I don't really care if Connors, O'Hara, Kaine or even the cavalry help him do it. I'm a little bit tired of this travesty. Don't get me wrong. Your idea is wonderful!

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Bump?

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Interesting theory. Would like that to happen.

Bokkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope they bring Pete back in a good way, which will blow peoples minds. But it will probably a lame thing like it was a clonethiny theory...

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

It's a very good idea, but for me what counts the most is Pete returning. I don't really care if Connors, O'Hara, Kaine or even the cavalry help him do it. I'm a little bit tired of this travesty. Don't get me wrong. Your idea is wonderful!

This.That.Whatever he said.etc etc etc...

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.