Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

So I wrote a Spider-Man script for Marvel's reboot

calamb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I wrote a treatment for a Spider-Man script a little while back and decided to option it to some guys over at Marvel, once the acquisition was announced (with some adaptations for the MCU). To my credit, I am a published author, but because I don't have a screenwriting agent, my script is considered unsolicited, which makes it virtually impossible to get under anyone's noses at Marvel.

That being said, I decided to just blog the whole thing in pieces to get something of an audience going. The script is in-line with the current state of the MCU, and it's gotten a pretty great response so far. So, if you're interested in checking it out (or just killing time), you can read the first couple of parts here:

If you like it, let me know. And if not, it's all good. I've spent a lot of time on it, so I might as well let people read it, right? I figure some of you over here might appreciate it.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I like it! Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of the plot, Peter in high school again, and all of that, but that was dictated by Marvel. I am, however, a huge fan of the writing style and what you did with it. So while it wouldn't be anywhere near my first choice for a Spidey movie in general, with the constraints Marvel has put on it, I think you did an AMAZING (SPECTACULAR) job! :)

Here's my movie outline for Spider-Man movies in the MCU:

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/05/17/the-perfect-introduction-to-spider-man-in-the-mcu-2937786?lt_source=external,manual

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm reading and I like what I'm seeing so far. Good work. :)

calamb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: Thanks! Yea, when I started writing this, it had already been announced by Marvel that Peter would be in high school, so I tried to write it with the current state of the MCU in mind (including everything that's been announced). Glad you like the style!

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@calamb said:

@blackspidey2099: Thanks! Yea, when I started writing this, it had already been announced by Marvel that Peter would be in high school, so I tried to write it with the current state of the MCU in mind (including everything that's been announced). Glad you like the style!

It's great. Now that I've finished it, I can honestly say that it is an amazing script, and it sure looks better than what Marvel seems to be planning.

calamb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: Wow, I'm glad you think so! It's definitely not finished, though. I've only posted a little over 1/3 of the entire thing, so feel free to check out the rest as I go! haha

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@calamb said:

@blackspidey2099: Wow, I'm glad you think so! It's definitely not finished, though. I've only posted a little over 1/3 of the entire thing, so feel free to check out the rest as I go! haha

Yeah, I'll be waiting.

Please just bump this thread as you post new parts, since I'm sure there are a lot of us who'd like to follow along.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@calamb: I just read your script and it's awesome. Can't wait for more.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the bump. I just finished reading too, truly amazing mate. :) yes pun intended

calamb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By calamb

Thanks for the amazing response, guys. I just posted Part XI. I have some extra free time today (and this recent part was a bit short), so I may post another part this evening. I'm editing a few bits from my original draft to make the ending come together a bit better than my first time through. I think you'll like it.

By the way, I'm open to any criticisms/questions about what I've done so far.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kcomicfan

I like it. IMO it Would work well as an animated Spider-man movie.

Draviex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Draviex

Better than the actual films in my opinion. We need J.K. Simmons for J. Jonah Jameson again. I don' t like the Gwen "with freckles" part. Just my opinion. I like freckles, but I don't imagine them on Gwen. It really does feel like Spectacular Spider-Man. I love that show, but I loved Spider-Man:TAS more. Both of them needed proper endings, though, for sure.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why did you stop posting it?

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

This was actually pretty cool.

Avatar image for sebastianoskati
    sebastianoskati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sebastianoskati

@calamb: Hey dude. I am looking for a script to rad and really would love to read what you wrote. Is there anyway i could read the spider-man script? When i try and click on it it says that it doesn't exist anymore.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.