Should spiderman be with Mary Jane or black cat?

#101 Posted by Joygirl (21036 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither. Black Cat and MJ should be together. <3 And occasionally call Gwen Stacy over when they get bored.

#102 Posted by PaperDemon (685 posts) - - Show Bio

@pwok21 said:

Captain Marvel.

There was so much tension between the two and it just disappeared...

wtf no. Spiderman isnt gay no ands or buts. Im not homophobic in fact i support gay marriage but no.. you just cant change the character like that.

#103 Edited by animehunter (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

@paperdemon said:

@pwok21 said:

Captain Marvel.

wtf no. Spiderman isnt gay no ands or buts. Im not homophobic in fact i support gay marriage but no.. you just cant change the character like that.

I think @pwok21 meant Ms Marvel, who took up the mantel of Captain Marvel

#104 Edited by HumanRocket (11231 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter's true love will always be Gwen.

#105 Edited by PaperDemon (685 posts) - - Show Bio

@paperdemon said:

@pwok21 said:

Captain Marvel.

I think @paperdemon meant Ms Marvel, who took up the mantel of Captain Marvel

oh. Well, either way I think spider-man should be with black cat.

#106 Posted by darthfury78 (1475 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I think that the Black Cat should be with Daredevil while Mary Jane should be with Captain America. As long as Dr. Octavius is Spider-Man, Anna is his one true love.

#107 Posted by frogdog (5551 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Cat doesn't love peter parker(pre OMD black cat actually did start love peter parker) but she loves spider-man

Mary Jane loves Peter and Spider-man

@joygirl said:

Neither. Black Cat and MJ should be together. <3 And occasionally call Gwen Stacy over when they get bored.

#108 Posted by PunyParker (15672 posts) - - Show Bio

MJ.One true love.I adore Felicia,and i WANT them to be together,but he MUST be with Mary Jane.

No Caption Provided

#109 Posted by GeekBait (789 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I definitely support the Black Cat and Mary Jane idea!

But for real, MJ for Pete (not Otto because that's creepy).

#110 Posted by darthfury78 (1475 posts) - - Show Bio

For me, it should be Betty Brant or Jennifer Walters(Human form)!!!

#111 Posted by PunyParker (15672 posts) - - Show Bio
#112 Edited by d_bones (4843 posts) - - Show Bio

MJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#113 Edited by darthfury78 (1475 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker said:

@darthfury78: Betty Brant is a bad person!!

That's with everybody. I think that either Betty Brant or Jennifer Walters would ideal for Peter Parker. The only other alternative are Liz Allan and Julia Carpenter. But both of them have kids, which is a no no in Marvel's view.

@geekbait said:

Well, I definitely support the Black Cat and Mary Jane idea!

But for real, MJ for Pete (not Otto because that's creepy).

I think that Black Cat should be with Daredevil and Mary Jane with Captain America...

#114 Edited by PunyParker (15672 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthfury78 said:

@punyparker said:

@darthfury78: Betty Brant is a bad person!!

That's with everybody. I think that either Betty Brant or Jennifer Walters would ideal for Peter Parker. The only other alternative are Liz Allan and Julia Carpenter. But both of them have kids, which is a no no in Marvel's view.

I think didnt make myself clear enough......BETTY BRANT IS A BAD PERSON!!

(Liz too,if you bring that up.....think about it.....she dated Harry while he was roommating with Flash,who always was in-love with her.....and then they kicked him out of the apartment.)

#115 Posted by darthfury78 (1475 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: What are your thoughts about Jennifer Walters, Jessica Drew, and Natasha Romanov as potential partners for Peter Parker?

#116 Posted by spider11211 (1428 posts) - - Show Bio

Once you go Black cat you will never go back to anything else.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
#117 Posted by deactivated-5a162dd41dd64 (8662 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

By that logic Spider-Man should be with Cyclops over Mary Jane.

Best answer ever.

#119 Posted by PunyParker (15672 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: What are your thoughts about Jennifer Walters, Jessica Drew, and Natasha Romanov as potential partners for Peter Parker?

Jennifer Walters:No absolutelly not.....no.Peter wants someone normal in his life.He has enough of strange stuff going.Someone to rely on......besides......she's green man....c'mon.

Jessica Drew:Would love to see that happen....i met her when Bendis was writing Avengers,and they would have been awesome.....

Natasha Romanov:Too much of a "closed" person,who wont reveal herself easily to anyone....Pete needs someoone open and honest.So no again.

#120 Edited by darthfury78 (1475 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthfury78 said:

Jennifer Walters:No absolutelly not.....no.Peter wants someone normal in his life.He has enough of strange stuff going.Someone to rely on......besides......she's green man....c'mon.

Jessica Drew:Would love to see that happen....i met her when Bendis was writing Avengers,and they would have been awesome.....

Natasha Romanov:Too much of a "closed" person,who wont reveal herself easily to anyone....Pete needs someone open and honest.So no again.

1. With regards to Jennifer Walters, I wasn't talking about her She-hulk form; rather her human form as she would be the combination of Mary Jane and Betty Brant. I have yet to see the human side of Jennifer and Peter interacting together. As the She-Hulk, Jennifer should pretend to not like Spider-Man all that much, but is into Peter Parker, more so than Felicia Hardy.
  2. With regards to Jessica Drew, I would love to see them develop the kind of friendship that Peter has with Carol Danvers. Imagine with Kelly Sue had done a story arc with Peter, Carol, and Jessica. It would have that classic Three's Company vibe.Too bad she never took advantage of that opportunity to write that sort of story under the illustration of Dexter Soy. And it sucks that Marvel broke up Clint and Bobbi's relationship for Clint and Jessica, which did not add anything meaningful to their dynamic, whereas Jessica and Peter might have been interesting to see as she would do very well in Spider-Man's world in a frequent guest spot, along with the Black Widow.
  3. With regards to Natasha Romanov, she reveal a side to herself to Spider-Man during the classic Marvel Team-Up storyline when they teamed up against Madam Viper. I think that the Black Widow needs a person like Peter Parker in her life as there are things that she could teach him. Imagine that after the conclusion of Marvel Team-Up #85(Off panel) that she met up with Peter at ESU to award him a research endowment for his trip to Russia to complete his science research at Moscow State University. And she would personally give him a crash course on learning the Russian language very quickly. I think that Natasha and Peter would make for an interesting partnership as he would respect her for who she is.

#121 Edited by PunyParker (15672 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthfury78: Good points,and i can say i agree.....but MJ is the one,and Felicia is my favorite female comicbook character,so i just cant accept Peeter dating someone else.....

Although as i said,Jessica would be interesting.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
#122 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (7187 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Cat. She's more fun, doesn't carry a grudge, and has a lot more in common with Spider-Man. They have more chemistry and it's always fun to see them team up.

#123 Posted by darthfury78 (1475 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthfury78: Good points,and i can say i agree.....but MJ is the one,and Felicia is my favorite female comic book character,so i just cant accept Peter dating someone else.....

Well; there is nothing wrong with Peter dating a super heroine. Sometimes, dating is one way for both sides to get to know the other on a personal level, which usually leads to a stronger bond of friendship. It doesn't have to turn into a romantic relationship. Just the sort of friendship that would be different from Black Cat and Mary Jane. This is one of the reasons to why I don't talk about MJ or Felicia; but rather potential heroines would could take Peter out of his usual social circles unto their own social circles, such as Jessica taking him on one of her covert missions for SWORD, or Natasha taking him on one her missions that involves a terrorist cell in the Middle East or in Russia. This is one of the reasons why I would love to see the Black Widow and Spider-Woman play a more active role in Spider-Man's world because they could provide something that is different from his friendship with Black Cat.

#124 Posted by PunyParker (15672 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker said:

@darthfury78: Good points,and i can say i agree.....but MJ is the one,and Felicia is my favorite female comic book character,so i just cant accept Peter dating someone else.....

Well; there is nothing wrong with Peter dating a super heroine. Sometimes, dating is one way for both sides to get to know the other on a personal level, which usually leads to a stronger bond of friendship. It doesn't have to turn into a romantic relationship. Just the sort of friendship that would be different from Black Cat and Mary Jane. This is one of the reasons to why I don't talk about MJ or Felicia; but rather potential heroines would could take Peter out of his usual social circles unto their own social circles, such as Jessica taking him on one of her covert missions for SWORD, or Natasha taking him on one her missions that involves a terrorist cell in the Middle East or in Russia. This is one of the reasons why I would love to see the Black Widow and Spider-Woman play a more active role in Spider-Man's world because they could provide something that is different from his friendship with Black Cat.

I totally agree with you on that!....like i said i love Felicia,so how can i NOT agree with that......

#125 Posted by PunyParker (15672 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Cat. She's more fun, doesn't carry a grudge, and has a lot more in common with Spider-Man. They have more chemistry and it's always fun to see them team up.

No Caption Provided

Even Peter agrees.....

#126 Posted by PaperDemon (685 posts) - - Show Bio

Aunt May

others are Madame Web, Silver Sable (if shes still alive), Carlie Cooper, Glory Grant, Carol Danvers, Shadowcat

Aunt may?!?! Madame Web???!!?! We might as well just have spidey marry carnage with these ideas.

#127 Posted by frogdog (5551 posts) - - Show Bio

She flat out stated she only loves spider-man not parker.

#128 Posted by JasonHawke (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

@paperdemon: Let's face it! Peter has shown more loyalty towards Aunt May than anyone else I have ever seen in the series.

#129 Posted by spider11211 (1428 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not have both together with a strange mind and body combination...Black Jane! It is not any more crazy than the crap we have now.

#130 Posted by darthfury78 (1475 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

She flat out stated she only loves spider-man not parker.

Then Felicia should move on by being Daredevil's romantic partner as she might find Matt more interesting than Peter Parker. I do know that both Spider-Woman and Black Widow are interested in Peter Parker than Spider-Man.

#131 Posted by vance_astro (90046 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither. Love interests ruin books because they become stale quickly and writers don't know what to do.

#132 Posted by darthfury78 (1475 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither. Love interests ruin books because they become stale quickly and writers don't know what to do.

While I agree, sometimes a love interest opens the doors to the types of stories that is rarely told. However, it all depends on the writer's ability to make it interesting without having to resort to having sex in the bedroom, which should be kept off panel. For some, love improves the relationship and firmly establish the bonds of trust even further. For Felicia, the love for Spider-Man had helped her to overcome her past demons of being a rape victim while for Mary Jane, it helped her to show her private side to Peter about her family problems. Thus, love in this manner would attract a lot of writers to create similar stories. But if a writer isn't interested, then he should not write such as story because it won't click with the audience.

#133 Posted by vance_astro (90046 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthfury78 said:

While I agree, sometimes a love interest opens the doors to the types of stories that is rarely told. However, it all depends on the writer's ability to make it interesting without having to resort to having sex in the bedroom, which should be kept off panel. For some, love improves the relationship and firmly establish the bonds of trust even further. For Felicia, the love for Spider-Man had helped her to overcome her past demons of being a rape victim while for Mary Jane, it helped her to show her private side to Peter about her family problems. Thus, love in this manner would attract a lot of writers to create similar stories. But if a writer isn't interested, then he should not write such as story because it won't click with the audience.

Mary Jane & Spider-Man could have been together forever but their relationship was sacrificed for one of the worst story lines of all time. That tells me that relationships are expendable in comics. The problem is that Spider-Man's relevance will outlast the relevance of his relationship with Mary Jane. You get what i'm saying? I think the only relationship that will always work is Reed & Sue because they are on the same team and it's a small team that is iconic as it is. No matter what changes are made to the team it will always go back to being Reed,Sue,Ben,& Johnny. Spider-Man doesn't NEED to have any place in Mary Jane's life for him to remain relevant and he's the biggest character that Marvel has. After years and years of them being together the options of what to do with that relationship will get really slim because Marvel refuses to allow characters age.

#134 Posted by PaperDemon (685 posts) - - Show Bio

@paperdemon: Let's face it! Peter has shown more loyalty towards Aunt May than anyone else I have ever seen in the series.

-_-. No... just no.

#135 Posted by JasonHawke (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

@jasonhawke said:

-_-. No... just no.

You know it's true!

The things he has done to keep Aunt May alive is equal to going through the 8 levels of Hell.

Complete..... Insanity.

#136 Posted by frogdog (5551 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#137 Posted by PaperDemon (685 posts) - - Show Bio

@paperdemon said:

@jasonhawke said:

-_-. No... just no.

You know it's true!

The things he has done to keep Aunt May alive is equal to going through the 8 levels of Hell.

Complete..... Insanity.

Im not even sure if ur being serious anymore.

#138 Posted by JasonHawke (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

@jasonhawke said:

@paperdemon said:

@jasonhawke said:

-_-. No... just no.

You know it's true!

Complete..... Insanity.

Just think! Remember all the things Peter went through just to keep his Aunt May alive and safe!

Avatar image for thehorriblejoke
#139 Edited by thehorriblejoke (8 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

If Peter Parker is a nerd then this true love would be his hand....if you know what I'm sayin'. My jokes are bad and I should feel bad.

#140 Posted by spider11211 (1428 posts) - - Show Bio

@paperdemon said:

@jasonhawke said:

@paperdemon said:

@jasonhawke said:

-_-. No... just no.

You know it's true!

Complete..... Insanity.

Just think! Remember all the things Peter went through just to keep his Aunt May alive and safe!

If you also look that is one of the most hated stories in Spider-Man history it is not a good thing to compare something to.

#141 Posted by sECUREij (142 posts) - - Show Bio

I Would like to see a Peter with Black cat. I've always felt she's come the closest to loving boths sides of Peter. In fact her and MJ are in a sense foils to one another. Cat lusting/loving the adventurous freedoms of Spiderman, with MJ loving the Peters unassuming sweet nature.

#142 Posted by tigerkaya (1425 posts) - - Show Bio

Well of course MJ. Black Cat only loves the mask.

#143 Edited by Prajvin291 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally feel that he deserves to be with Felicia(Black Cat) more than M.J. But since he is already married to her as Peter it would be BEST if he could create a Balance between both of his Relationships. While he is Spidey he can spend time with Black cat fighting Criminals and romancing her simultaneously. While he is Peter he can spend his life with MJ as a doting husband. Coz Cat loves Spidey, MJ loves Peter, but Peter/Spidey loves both very much. So keep it balanced is my Opinion

It would be amazing if he could handle both the relationships with Care and responsibility. Everything would be perfect for him

#144 Edited by Zarius (1744 posts) - - Show Bio

MJ is the endgame. Always will be. Far too embedded in the mythology as that, with children in various timelines.Cat is a good romantic foil, but she should move on in a healthy manner. She almost did that with Flash, and I'd love that explored again.

Have to laugh at "doesn't carry a grudge"...she sure does now.

#145 Edited by darthfury78 (1475 posts) - - Show Bio

@zarius said:

MJ is the endgame. Always will be. Far too embedded in the mythology as that, with children in various timelines.Cat is a good romantic foil, but she should move on in a healthy manner. She almost did that with Flash, and I'd love that explored again.

Have to laugh at "doesn't carry a grudge"...she sure does now.

Felicia and Flash did get married in the MC2 timeline. She had a change of heart and divorced him. Not to mention relocated to a home right next to Peter Parker. Despite being in a same sex relationship, Felicia still carried the torch for Peter.

#147 Edited by Dernman (24205 posts) - - Show Bio
@darthfury78 said:

Felicia and Flash did get married in the MC2 timeline. She had a change of heart and divorced him. Not to mention relocated to a home right next to Peter Parker. Despite being in a same sex relationship, Felicia still carried the torch for Peter.

Felicia cared more about Spider-Man than she did Peter.

@zarius said:

MJ is the endgame. Always will be. Far too embedded in the mythology as that, with children in various timelines.Cat is a good romantic foil,

this

#148 Posted by Cloakx14 (9137 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Mj !

#149 Posted by darthfury78 (1475 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:
@darthfury78 said:

Felicia cared more about Spider-Man than she did Peter.

@zarius said:

MJ is the endgame. Always will be. Far too embedded in the mythology as that, with children in various timelines.Cat is a good romantic foil,

this

And why did Felicia cared more about Spider-Mann than Peter Parker? Just look at how she currently turned out by not knowing Peter Parker. It was Peter Parker who helped her to become an anti-hero; not Spider-Man. It was Peter who she had a serious relationship with. Spider-Man was a person whose no different from all the guys she's been with. Since she cared more about Spider-Man than Peter Parker, it made it that all the more easy for Spock to take her out.

If Felicia really cared more about Spider-Man than Peter, why did she even had a serious relationship with him after he revealed his secret identity to her in the first place? Why did she still continue to be around him even after he broke up with her? Felicia had the ideal guy as her companion, which was Thomas Fireheat and Flash Thompson. Peter Parker and Spider-Man are one in the same. There's no such thing as loving one and not the other because we have already seen how that lead to for Felicia.

#150 Edited by Dernman (24205 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthfury78:

It doesn't change the fact that she did. She liked Peter but she was into Spider-Man. It was actually written that way when they were together and why they ended better as friends. Spider-Man excited her and Peter was the "nice" guy she appreciated. It it wasn't Spider-Man she would never have been with him. Doesn't mean she didn't care though. She tried but it ultimately failed to work out. She's a good romantic foil for Spider-Man but that's it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.