Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Should Spider-Man be old or young in the MCU? (What you would have preferred)

Crazyspideyfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Should Spider-Man be old or young in the MCU? (What you would have preferred) (55 votes)

Old(Around 616 age, 25-30) 49%
    Young(Like Tom Holland and Ultimate) 51%
     • 
    MsSelene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

He should start out young, like he did in the comics. The MCU ages in real time. The plan is for him to grow up as the movies progress.

Crazyspideyfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@msselene: That would make sense, as long as Tom's contract doesn't expire by then, that's what usually keeps long term movie aging from happening.

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

young cause if he is old and experienced that opens a lot of questions about where he was in previous movies.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By amazingfantasy

I'm fine with him being young as long as he ages. Since they have long-term plans starting him as young seems a good choice IMO, Parker's story did start with him as a teen after all... It'll be nice seeing Peter slowly growing up.

Crazyspideyfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Crazyspideyfan
    Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem is not him being in high school, the problem is Tom Holland looking like he is 15. The last two spidermans were in high school but looked like adults. He just looks too young for my liking.

HowlingWolves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a interview Kevin Feige said that the plan was to get someone who can portray Spider-Man for over 10 years or so. If they would of cast someone in their late 20s then they might have wrinkles by the time they're done with him.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would prefer college age or graduate school aged Peter. I don't find teenage characters as interesting as adult characters.

Wilison_Fisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm okay with him starting out young. He will age. In a decade from now Tom Holland might be considered the greatest Spider-Man. It will be interesting watching him grow up on screen.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@msselene said:

He should start out young, like he did in the comics. The MCU ages in real time. The plan is for him to grow up as the movies progress.

Pretty much. Starts out young, but we see him grow into adulthood. Why settle for one when time will give you both.

BlindingLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@msselene said:

Avatar image for infantfinite128
    infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's has to start young. In just a few minutes of watching Civil War, Tom Holland showed that he was easily the best Spider-man. They're clearly not following the comics, but none of the movies have. I'm so glad they got an actor who is so passionate about the character to play him for years.

He's easily the best actor since Robert Downey Jr. Of course Tony Stark has to be apart of Homecoming because Spider-man is going to take the spot-light away from him.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Young.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Young to start off with in High School but progressing through College and eventually into adulthood.

I grew up reading a Spider-Man who was well into adulthood for over four decades before Marvel stupidly regressed him into an incompetent man-child. USM volume 1 was great as an alternate Teen- Spidey book, until they killed off Peter Parker, so for me I'll always prefer an adult Spider-Man.

Hopefully Tom Holland will grow taller and stockier in build. I certainly don't want to see a short older Spider-Man.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Young Spidey is better for the MCU in my opinion.

BlindingLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnetic_eye: He's already 21, so he has probably already reached his max height. I don't think it will be too bad tho. RDJ is also short, but they do a good job of hiding it.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnetic_eye: He's already 21, so he has probably already reached his max height. I don't think it will be too bad tho. RDJ is also short, but they do a good job of hiding it.

Yeah, good point.

StellatedColt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't mind. I think it would have been cool for Peter to start off as a Senior in HS or a Freshman in College.

Rock_Hard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have him start out young like he is supposed to. Wanting him to debut in the MCU as a character in his mid 20s would just be weird.

Combo-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Combo-Man

25 is old? anyway Spider-man is a Spider-Man! not a Spider-Boy. he was a teenager in the 60s comics but back then teens were more mature, he had a job he was the man of the house he took care of his Aunt. teens today are like little children. they can't even take care of a Nintendog.

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
    TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starts out young, but we see him grow into adulthood. Why settle for one when time will give you both.

DrArcania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why Peter ??? Why not bring Mayday Parker ??? Young !!! Daughter of Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire) and Mary Jane Parker (Kirsten Dunst). Why ??? Why not ???

Avatar image for amazingspiderdan
    AmazingSpiderDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's pretty conflicting at this point.

I don't mind Peter being so young at the moment because I feel like it fits the theme of the cinematic universe, and some moments of the movie wouldn't have fit with an older Peter Parker.

At the same time I've always adored the idea of an Empire State University Peter Parker in the cinematic universe-- with Peter being more experienced as Spider-Man and having more space to be free in the universe as opposed to being limited due to his young age. Senior in high school or freshman in college would be good enough for me, at least that way a team up with the Defenders wouldn't feel peculiar if the occasion ever occurred.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have him be young, then give him a twin that was lost and his name is Ben and he becomes Scarlet Spider. That would be awesome. Tag team spidermen.

Takeshi57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He should start young, but be an adult by the time there's 3 more MCU movies.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He should always start young in the movies just like any good run. You follow them as they grow. Depends on the director and what they envision.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.