Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Should Marvel borrow a page from Bendis and Rebirth for Spider-Man?

• 65 results
    Druzzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Which page you ask? Well. Kill off Dan Slott Spiderman and turn him into dust. Incorporate the Renew your Vows into the main Marvel universe. I think it is now called Marvel 1 and not 616 anymore right? So now we have Spider-Dad and his super family for those that want a MJ and PP back along with their aborted child. She can team up with the new girls of the MU, Kalama, crush on Miles, hang with Riri, etc etc.

BUt what page from Bendis should we borrowed? The same stunt he pulled with Jean grey and the O5 x-men. Only this time we rip the 15 year old Peter Parker into the future where he get to see how he turn out. Since this is legit Peter Parker of the Stan Lee Era, he have the same thick glasses and all. This way we get our peter parker and he get to see what this new Era of marvel is like. He can be legit Spider man, while Spider-dad run the dead Peter company.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ZariusII

I do eventually foresee a time where RYV Peter and his family will be folded into the core continuity.

That said, I would'nt trust many modern writers to 'nail' Teen Pete. Especially since the Original Five X-Men act nothing like the Original Five would have, and they seem to reflect varying degrees of adolescence depending on who writes them,.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@zariusii: @druzzie:

The only page needed to be borrowed is Superman Rebirth and Superman Reborn. A storyline unfolds in Earth 616 where Peter and MJ discover they made the deal with Mephisto and confront him with Doctor Strange's or Silver Surfer's help. Mephisto shows them the Spider Marriage personified in the form of their daughter Annie and the entire RYV reality. However nothing can be done because the deal was struck and there is no going back.

What happens is that Peter and MJ challenge Mephisto to a "bet" of sorts. Despite overwhelming odds Peter and MJ do succeed but are swindled by Mephisto and imprisoned in the RYV reality where they meet their counterparts and their daughter. Teaming up with their RYV selves Peter and MJ embark on a mission to escape and are helped by a mysterious figure (TOAA). When they're on the brink of escape Mephisto shows up but the devil is one uped by TOAA. The story ends with Peter and MJ merging with their RYV counterparts and the entire RYV reality merged with core continuity.

Peter wakes up in his bed with MJ by his side and wedding rings in their fingers. Annie then waltz through their bedroom door and jumps on their bed to wake up and that its time for some Spider Family fun time.

THE END

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. I think we'd be lucky to simply get the Peter/MJ back, this is going even further.

But definitely a "no" to borrowing from Bendis, tho

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. I think we'd be lucky to simply get the Peter/MJ back, this is going even further.

Sad but sadly true. (weeps... then reads RYV... is happy and sad at the same time because such a good status will not be canonized... weeps again)

But definitely a "no" to borrowing from Bendis, tho

Indeed.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@Druzzie I actually like this idea - I'd be down to see a Peter in his late 30s taking care of his young family, while balancing his time running Parker Industries and being a worldwide veteran superhero. I'd also read the teen Peter series, if it was written well.

BlindingLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel should just reboot like DC did in 1987 and again in 2011.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Druzzie I actually like this idea - I'd be down to see a Peter in his late 30s taking care of his young family, while balancing his time running Parker Industries and being a worldwide veteran superhero. I'd also read the teen Peter series, if it was written well.

Not a fan of Peter owning a company but nor am I a real fan of MJ being a hero. In other words, as long as the story is there, I can comply.

I would love to see an utterly confused Spider-Dad having to run this wierd company that honestly, he has no interest in continuing and he has no understanding of what it is. Like the cover story is that he suffered a blow to the head so he can't remember this whole industry and people are trying to explain everything to him.

"Mr. Parker, will you please look at these schematics"

"I-Is this a boat?"

"Y-yeah"

"Is this spider-man colored????"

"...yes?"

"...is this a spider-boat?"

"...pretty much."
    ".......WE ARE CANCELLING THIS! WTF was wrong with me?"

Like in the end, he could try and sell the company to Stark or some big corporation and find the company being overtaken by Norman Osborne and he has to find a way outta this one.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not like 2011. N52 was generally bad and the only series I personally liked more was Aquaman by Geoff Johns.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: Peter would probably be crushed under the weight of being a husband and father, a CEO and Spider Man. No matter what, having three sides of a life, all would be neglected but it would seriously help out if MJ was Peter's partner in the company. Aunt May could in times of need care for Annie and Peter would have to reveal his secret to her and Harry to have some more help and support in his tri life career.

@itsaworld: All those colored stuff was probably to make toys. But really, I can understand the thrill of Spider Man having all those crazy gizmos and vehicles as a massive upgrade to having to crack his head constructing his own stuff at home, but eventually, Peter would come out of his shell and see how utterly stupid it is to have Spider Mobiles, Spider Cyclops, Spider Boats.

Guy made a time machine from kitchen appliances. He should have a quantum teleporter instead of all those crappy vehicles. Or some tech disks that fly around and Peter can attach his webs to it to web swing in buildingless environments.

BlindingLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @blindinglights said:

Not like 2011. N52 was generally bad and the only series I personally liked more was Aquaman by Geoff Johns.

I did not red much of N52, to be honest, but the idea for it was essentially the same as the idea to the 1987 reboot. The one in 1987 was just handled much better.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @blindinglights said:

I did not red much of N52, to be honest, but the idea for it was essentially the same as the idea to the 1987 reboot. The one in 1987 was just handled much better.

Which is why I singled out the 2011 mention as it was handled worse. But a reboot, I don't think Marvel is ever gonna go that route. If they didn't do so with Secret Wars, they'll never do it at all.

BlindingLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @blindinglights said:
    @ursaber said:
    @blindinglights said:

Which is why I singled out the 2011 mention as it was handled worse. But a reboot, I don't think Marvel is ever gonna go that route. If they didn't do so with Secret Wars, they'll never do it at all.

They might just need a change in leadership. Recently they have been ignoring continuity all the time. What is the point of having continuity if they;re just going to ignore it? They might as well reboot.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They might just need a change in leadership. Recently they have been ignoring continuity all the time. What is the point of having continuity if they;re just going to ignore it? They might as well reboot.

Yeah but I don't want to see Spider Man de aged into being a teenager or even a college student again. He would never ever grow up beyond that. And high school is just a brief life period and shouldn't be that much of a focus anymore.

BlindingLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @blindinglights said:

Yeah but I don't want to see Spider Man de aged into being a teenager or even a college student again. He would never ever grow up beyond that. And high school is just a brief life period and shouldn't be that much of a focus anymore.

You are talking like it would be like Ultimate Marvel. If the go the Post-Crisis/New 52 rout they would start with Spider-Man already being an adult with most of his supporting cast already introduced.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ursaber

@ursaber said:
    @blindinglights said:

You are talking like it would be like Ultimate Marvel. If the go the Post-Crisis/New 52 rout they would start with Spider-Man already being an adult with most of his supporting cast already introduced.

You clearly haven't been following Marvel's attitude towards Spider Man. They want Peter back in high school, back to being a teenager again and as less adult as possible.

If they ever rebooted Spider Man, he would be 15 again and he would never leave high school.

BlindingLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

You clearly haven't been following Marvel's attitude towards Spider Man. They want Peter back in high school, back to being a teenager again and as less adult as possible.

I doubt that. If they reboot Spider-Man from the very beginning, then they would lose out on his supporting characters that they can be making money off of. Like Venom, Carnage, Silk, and all of the other supporting cast that they can give comics to that will sell.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

I doubt that. If they reboot Spider-Man from the very beginning, then they would lose out on his supporting characters that they can be making money off of. Like Venom, Carnage, Silk, and all of the other supporting cast that they can give comics to that will sell.

All of those supports can easily be brought back. Say they reboot Spidey and make him 15 or 16 again. They can make it so that as soon as you pick up the rebooted ASM 1, Peter has already been Spidey for a while and Aunt May, Jameson, Harry, Gwen, Flash and MJ are all there and maybe even some foes he's already fought. Silk can be introduced a short while later as well.

BlindingLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BlindingLights

@ursaber said:

All of those supports can easily be brought back. Say they reboot Spidey and make him 15 or 16 again. They can make it so that as soon as you pick up the rebooted ASM 1, Peter has already been Spidey for a while and Aunt May, Jameson, Harry, Gwen, Flash and MJ are all there and maybe even some foes he's already fought. Silk can be introduced a short while later as well.

It seems like a odd thing to do. You're talking about introducing love interest's as older characters while having a Spider-Man that is a teenager. It just does not make sense.
    Let's Look at the New 52, for example. Tim Drake was more popular when he was a teenager. He was at his best during his solo from the early 90's. But when they rebooted in New 52, they did not make him a teenager again. That is because they had Damian, which is another character that they could make money off of.
    It is the same thing with Spider-Man. Making him a teenager would be like leaving money on the table, and I don't see them making that decision. I mean, why have Black Cat, if you do not want to have a flirtatious thing with Spider-Man. Making them as young as Spider-Man would hurt their characters. It would cause drastic changes. Having a young teenage Spider-Man having been around long enough to meet his huge rogues gallery and supporting characters would be kind of ridiculous.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

@blackspidey2099: Peter would probably be crushed under the weight of being a husband and father, a CEO and Spider Man. No matter what, having three sides of a life, all would be neglected but it would seriously help out if MJ was Peter's partner in the company. Aunt May could in times of need care for Annie and Peter would have to reveal his secret to her and Harry to have some more help and support in his tri life career.

@itsaworld: All those colored stuff was probably to make toys. But really, I can understand the thrill of Spider Man having all those crazy gizmos and vehicles as a massive upgrade to having to crack his head constructing his own stuff at home, but eventually, Peter would come out of his shell and see how utterly stupid it is to have Spider Mobiles, Spider Cyclops, Spider Boats.

Guy made a time machine from kitchen appliances. He should have a quantum teleporter instead of all those crappy vehicles. Or some tech disks that fly around and Peter can attach his webs to it to web swing in buildingless environments.

The thing is, this is why i hate the return of the spidey mobile.

When it was first introduced back in the day, it was to poke fun on how heroes would just get vehicles and equipment to sell toys and werent needed.

Peter was portrayed as very rational and though was granted a chance to have this thrilling car, cringed at it. Because he didn't need one so why bother. The series also showcased it alot like a toy company trying to get a comic or cartoon to showcase a trinket so they could sell toys. Marvel was trying to say why Spider-Man would not have these things in the comics. Why it went against his values and what made him special.

This bringing it back portrays a very poorly constructed peter, especially when he decides to pimp it out. He already knew it was stupid when he was 20, so why does he think its a great idea 10 years later???

Also, the time machine thing was from a Stan Lee book that is never considered cannon. That issue literally poked fun to everything Marvel was doing to him as a character and pretty much saying 'no one really has any clue what's going on in spider-man anymore because they always change things'

Buzzbee was in fact a practical use of his tech. It made sense for peter to make a contraption like that, not some random vehicles. Spider tracers, webcartridges, buzzbee, those things are more believable

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still on the fence about canoizing RYW. I just have very little confidence in the main continuity handling the spider-marriage. And I'm not looking forward to one of my new favorite characters (Anne) being defenselessly thrown to the whims of mainstream marvel writers. On the other hand, I sucks that this superior depiction of Pete and his family is is only available in a side book. All of these characters I've grown to really like are at the mercy of this one book's survival.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The "Amazing Spider-Man" title began with Peter as a nerdy high school student, the character matured and progressed throughout college making new friends and the series eventually became grounded with Peter as an adult. That's where "ASM" grew further in popularity, beyond the early high school years, for more than four decades, with Spider-Man as an adult.

Marvel can do whatever they like with spin off reboot titles depicting comedian Spider-Boy, or alternate universe titles, but they need to stop tampering with their longest flagship Spider-Man title.

No Caption Provided

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnetic_eye: That is a nice post and a pretty good page to represent it, mate. Well done!

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

It seems like a odd thing to do. You're talking about introducing love interest's as older characters while having a Spider-Man that is a teenager. It just does not make sense.

Let's Look at the New 52, for example. Tim Drake was more popular when he was a teenager. He was at his best during his solo from the early 90's. But when they rebooted in New 52, they did not make him a teenager again. That is because they had Damian, which is another character that they could make money off of.

It is the same thing with Spider-Man. Making him a teenager would be like leaving money on the table, and I don't see them making that decision. I mean, why have Black Cat, if you do not want to have a flirtatious thing with Spider-Man. Making them as young as Spider-Man would hurt their characters. It would cause drastic changes. Having a young teenage Spider-Man having been around long enough to meet his huge rogues gallery and supporting characters would be kind of ridiculous.

WHAT NO!? All those other supports would obviously be the correct age. Peter wouldn't be 15 and MJ 30. All characters get brought back. MJ is a year younger than Peter so she would be 14. Think Ultimate Spider Man and Spidey. Peter met most of his iconic rogues gallery before he graduated in ASM 28.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still on the fence about canoizing RYW. I just have very little confidence in the main continuity handling the spider-marriage. And I'm not looking forward to one of my new favorite characters (Anne) being defenselessly thrown to the whims of mainstream marvel writers. On the other hand, I sucks that this superior depiction of Pete and his family is is only available in a side book. All of these characters I've grown to really like are at the mercy of this one book's survival.

EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY. My thoughts the exact same.

BlindingLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

WHAT NO!? All those other supports would obviously be the correct age. Peter wouldn't be 15 and MJ 30. All characters get brought back. MJ is a year younger than Peter so she would be 14. Think Ultimate Spider Man and Spidey. Peter met most of his iconic rogues gallery before he graduated in ASM 28.

For that to work, you're saying that they would also make Black Cat and Silk teenagers?

I don't know why they would do that. Spider-Man has been a high school graduate in cannon since 1964. Going back to highschool with the main version of Spider-Man seems weird, especially since they already showed that they are capable of making him a teenager again in other titles, like they did in Ultimate Spider-Man and Spidey.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

For that to work, you're saying that they would also make Black Cat and Silk teenagers?

Silk is the same age as Peter in case you've forgotten. And Black Cat is several years older than Peter so that would not change and whether they introduce her early on or later, it would happen similarly to when Felicia found out Peter was a teenager in the Ultimate Universe.

I don't know why they would do that. Spider-Man has been a high school graduate in cannon since 1964. Going back to highschool with the main version of Spider-Man seems weird, especially since they already showed that they are capable of making him a teenager again in other titles, like they did in Ultimate Spider-Man and Spidey.

If you're talking about a modern reboot, what happened in 1962 would not matter because they are starting over again from scratch taking inspiration from the true beginning but with their own modern take.

Look, all I'm saying is that if Marvel were to reboot Spider Man, the result would most likely be Ultimate Spider Man, because Marvel has this shtick where they want to keep their Spider Man as young as possible in order to fit their own definition of relatable.

I am not in favor of de aging Spider Man back into a teenager or rebooting him.

BlindingLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BlindingLights

@ursaber:

Silk is the same age as Peter in case you've forgotten.

Making Silk a teenager would be strange, though, since she has never been a teenager. It would be a major change to the character.

And Black Cat is several years older than Peter so that would not change and whether they introduce her early on or later, it would happen similarly to when Felicia found out Peter was a teenager in the Ultimate Universe.

That was one of the cringiest things I read in Ultimate Spider-Man. I hope they never do that again.

If you're talking about a modern reboot, what happened in 1962 would not matter because they are starting over again from scratch taking inspiration from the true beginning but with their own modern take.

I am not talking about a full reboot like Ultimate Marvel. I am talking about a soft reboot, like Post-Crisis and New 52. What you're saying is the equivelent of them taking Batman and starting out in his first year, before many of his rogues, supporting cast, or even Robin existed.

I am not in favor of de aging Spider Man back into a teenager

Neither am I.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blindinglights:

Silk is irrelevant to me so I don't much care for her. Her not having been a teenager just because she was introduce as an adult would not really affect her character all that much seeing as how she was trapped inside a metal box since that time.

The only soft reboot I am interested in is one where OMD gets destroyed, Peter and MJ never stopped being married and they had a family in continuity a la Superman Rebirth. Then come the good stories.

BlindingLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber:

Silk is irrelevant to me so I don't much care for her. Her not having been a teenager just because she was introduce as an adult would not really affect her character all that much seeing as how she was trapped inside a metal box since that time.

Honestly, I do not care for her either.

The only soft reboot I am interested in is one where OMD gets destroyed, Peter and MJ never stopped being married and they had a family in continuity a la Superman Rebirth. Then come the good stories.

That is something that very well could happen with the type of reboot that I'm thinking of.

Timariot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Silk is the same age as Peter in case you've forgotten.

Silk is actually older than Peter - he was 15 when bitten and Cindy was week from turning 18.

For me, one of the charms of characters like Spider-Man and X-Men is that the characters age and grow more mature as time progresses (albeit slowly). Hence I am not a fan of reboots (OMD counts as a reboot too). If I want to read teenage Spider-character again, there is always Miles and Gwen.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ItsAWorld I'm not sure why Peter would have no interest in continuing with his company considering the greater avenues it gives him to help others, and I certainly can't understand why he wouldn't understand what his company is or what its building considering he is one of the smartest people in Marvel. Furthermore, Peter trying to sell it to Stark would be wildly OOC.

@ursaber Personally, one of my favourite aspects of Spider-Man is Peter's struggle with balancing all the things he has going on in his life, and while I'm sure he'd have trouble juggling three large responsibilities, I know he can manage it and the struggle is part of the fun! Having MJ occasionally step in to help him either on the business side or the superhero side would also make for some great stories.

I also agree that Peter making a bunch of stupid vehicles when he could build teleporters and cooler things like that is a major flaw of Slott's writing. What a wasted opportunity. In terms of the things he has built, other books have done a better job of showcasing them, especially Spider-Man/Deadpool.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099:

Peter's company was always gonna be a temporary thing. Having a company is not a reflection of your own genius and even if Peter loses it he will still be a world genius intellect. I want the story of Spider Man to focus on the people Peter can help himself personally, not through proxy via a company and to be told that they've helped tons of people in some other part of the world. Because in the end all of those nameless people Peter has helped are fictional so I just want to keep the focus of Peter and everyone he can help on a more direct and personal note.

As for juggling three massive responsibilities, eve if Peter somehow managed to balance them, it would be too much at a certain point and the fall from that would be catastrophic. Peter is more characteristic with a unique setting like Horizon Labs whereas owning a global conglomerate is unlike him and its not very unique since there are tons of other billionaire company owners in comics.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: I actually can understand the desire to see Peter helping people be more direct and personal. I'm not necessarily opposed to Parker Industries going away, as long as we continue to see Peter in a job where he can utilize his scientific acumen and do research/invent things to help people. I enjoyed Horizon Labs for that very reason.

I think the larger the responsibilities Peter has to handle, the more dramatic tension and the more story possibilities are available. And even if he does temporarily make a mistake, seeing those highs and lows is very relatable and a great part of past Spider-Man stories IMO.

I'd agree that Horizon is a more unique setting than P.I., but I don't see why you could say either is unlike him.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: I actually can understand the desire to see Peter helping people be more direct and personal. I'm not necessarily opposed to Parker Industries going away, as long as we continue to see Peter in a job where he can utilize his scientific acumen and do research/invent things to help people. I enjoyed Horizon Labs for that very reason.

I know you like Parker Industries. I respect that. I also liked what it would've been because I feel the device wasn't utilized properly. You'd have to be ignorant to not grasp the potential of Peter owning a company. But that company made him look more like billionaire philanthropist in the vein of Tony Stark, than Peter taking the concept of owning a company and making it unique to him. Him having all those Spider themed vehicles trying to emulate Batman also didn't help either.

But Peter is not Superman, He can't fly around the planet instantaneously or help as many people as Supes could on his own. Peter always being a worldwide superhero who globetrotts a lot is simply not him. On occasion him saving the world and helping millions of people either by standing with the Avengers or through his PI device, then that would be excellent. But all the time, being that is just not him.

What is so amazing about Spider Man is that he is the most perfectly balanced superhero ever made. He began and still is a street leveler and that kind of setting is just great. BUT Peter is also super powerful and is also classified as an Avenger class hero. He can effortlessly transition from street level to avenger level in a flash, something most other Marvel heroes cannot do, at least not as seamlessly as Peter.

Him in Horizon Labs was JUST RIGHT for him. Neither too big or flashy like a global corporate empire nor too outdated like him taking selfies for a living. He was middle to upper middle class with all the necessary settings to utilize his intelligence at his fullest and in his own style.

I think the larger the responsibilities Peter has to handle, the more dramatic tension and the more story possibilities are available. And even if he does temporarily make a mistake, seeing those highs and lows is very relatable and a great part of past Spider-Man stories IMO.

I have to agree with you here because its all completely true. However that doesn't mean that Peter should be overcome with too many responsibilities. That's all I'm saying. And inevitably and characteristically he will bit off more than he can chew on occasion.

I'd agree that Horizon is a more unique setting than P.I., but I don't see why you could say either is unlike him.

Because at his heart, Peter will always be a grounded hero. Friendly neighborhood Spider Man and Amazing Spider Man. That's his natural state. As stated previously what's so transcendent about Peter is that he can transition seamlessly between being street level and being world level. He is strong, powerful, experienced and supremely smart.

Avatar image for silveragereader
    SilverAgeReader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think unwinding OMD is sufficient, and is so easily done. It was an unnatural event, and can easily be written out. If you want to keep Aunt May alive, then the obvious plot device is that Mephisto engineered her life-threatening injury to begin with and that making a deal exploiting his own interventions is a violation of rules that he must adhere to. Pick your favorite cosmic entity to hold Mephisto accountable to those rules, and "Poof!" It's as easy a "Poof!" as the one that made the marriage go away.

I don't like the whole Parker Industries setup. It just changes the scale of Peter's life and Spider-Man's adventures too dramatically, and it simply doesn't make sense. Being a CEO of a multi-billion dollar company is something like an 80-hour-a-week job. Do you think Peter is spending 80 hours a week running that company? I guarantee that he isn't, and I doubt that Dan Slott realizes that this is the time commitment required.

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
    deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The current Superman titles have been amazing, and they prove that you can have a married super-hero and make it work. Making Peter a father in the mainstream universe would be a great idea to mature Peter and continue his character evolution. I miss how Spider-Man acted in the JMS run: he still made jokes, but also acted like an adult.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think unwinding OMD is sufficient, and is so easily done. It was an unnatural event, and can easily be written out. If you want to keep Aunt May alive, then the obvious plot device is that Mephisto engineered her life-threatening injury to begin with and that making a deal exploiting his own interventions is a violation of rules that he must adhere to. Pick your favorite cosmic entity to hold Mephisto accountable to those rules, and "Poof!" It's as easy a "Poof!" as the one that made the marriage go away.

The One Above All. Mephisto answers MJ as to why he wants their marriage and true love and its all because he wants to stick it to God himself. I refer you to my fan fic called the Mephisto Imperative where TOAA sticks it to him instead. https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/ursaber/blog/

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should take a page from DC and just make the Renew Your Vows Spider-Man the mainline one. RYV is already a copy of Rebirth Superman, they just need to complete the circle.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip said:

They should take a page from DC and just make the Renew Your Vows Spider-Man the mainline one. RYV is already a copy of Rebirth Superman, they just need to complete the circle.

Agreed. However I gotta ask cause I don't recall correctly. Did RYV come first than Superman Rebirth? The original RYV came out in 2015's Secret Wars.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The current Superman titles have been amazing, and they prove that you can have a married super-hero and make it work. Making Peter a father in the mainstream universe would be a great idea to mature Peter and continue his character evolution. I miss how Spider-Man acted in the JMS run: he still made jokes, but also acted like an adult.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

Great point and so true. Yes, he still made jokes and acted like an adult. Also no one can deny that the quality of writing and conceptual ideas were of a much higher standard.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: The Rebirth Superman first showed up in 2015 as well during the Convergeance event, which I think predated Secret Wars by a few months.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ursaber

@rdclip said:

@ursaber: The Rebirth Superman first showed up in 2015 as well during the Convergeance event, which I think predated Secret Wars by a few months.

Was his family heavily featured? Because if so, then RYV Spider Man predated him by appearing first in Spider Verse.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, this is a legit worry. Like, what if this became cannon during Civil War 2? (i know the release was way after but think about it)

Annie posesses the ability that Carol Danvers desired and would cause a....no wait....that probably would of helped in some ways

Like Carol goes after Annie and realizes she has become a monster who is literally fighting her good friend Peter Parker/Spider-Man and his wife to kidnap their child who has recently developed a power that though is powerful is not at its peak and causes her pain. Probably would be a better answer to why Peter wasnt in the event, why would you stick around if your kid is a better superweapon than the superweapon the villain of the story posesses?!

But yeah, if we got this cannon, it would suffer. For starters, just like the Marriage, not every writer will enjoy depicting this and do everything to try and diminish it. Slott would definitely do some creepy and insane stuff.

Annie would absolutley be used as cannon fodder for some dumb event or crossover or something really stupid no one wants.

Current Mainverse marvel is no place for the best story ever

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itsaworld: Currently, but hope lies in the future and eventually I do want to see this in continuity than never at all.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: The Convergeace story was basically about the birth of Lois and Clark's son, Jon. The Pre-Rebirth story Lois and Clark was where the family dynamic really started.

Okay, I'll admit that Marvel didn't copy Superman (that was joke anyway). It is very possible (strange, but possible) that both companies had the same idea at the same time. DC's version is just more prominent since they committed fully to the idea while Marvel is on the fence right now and RYV can either turn out to be an inconsequential mini series or can be folded into the mainline Marvel universe.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ursaber

@rdclip: Yeah. DC went all the way and embraced the concept into their main canon. I do hope that RYV folds into continuity. Thabkfully the currently ongoing RYV is no mini series and will go on for as long as it can.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ZariusII

@rdclip I think Marvel have had a back-up plan for RYV being tied to the main canon for a while due to the deja vu feeling Mephistoverse ''Peter'' and ''MJ'' had when battling Regent last year, also RYV MJ will be involved in a core continuity event called Venomverse later this year

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

as much as i liked mj+pp together, i havent been a fan of RYV and would rather that stay out of 616. or marvel 1. whatever.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

as much as i liked mj+pp together, i havent been a fan of RYV and would rather that stay out of 616. or marvel 1. whatever.

Why don't you like RYV?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.