Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17251 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Should ASM get a new writer?

• 78 results
    Spider-man21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Should ASM get a new writer? (59 votes)

YES 95%
    no 5%

IMHO, Dan Slott's work is getting boring

• 
    ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By ursaber
    MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, Yes, Yes, YES YES YES YYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! Why Is That Actually Even A @#$%ing Question? Of Course The Series Needs A New Writer. But, It Needs A Writer Who Is More Passionate, Knowledgable, And Pretty Much Dedicated To The Character And His Mythos. Someone Like Robbie Thompson, Charles Soule, Gerry Duggan, Or Even Kelly Thompson Or Cullen Bunn For That Matter. I Don;t Know. I'd Also Prefer It If Gerry Conway Continues To Write For The Main Series After His Time With RYV And After The Merge. I'd Also Love It If The Character Has Been Given 3 Series Plus A Team Up Series And A Graphic Novel Every One Or Two Years. I'd Like It If Other Creators Would Have The Opportunity To Handle The Character. Plus, After OMD And Superior, The Guy Really Needs To Have Some Great Series And The Best Stories For Him.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Hell yes.. Spider-Man should have a writer who actually wants to write about the character and not a perversion of it.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ABSOLUTELY YES!

Never thought that my favorite super hero would be turned into such an unlikable, immature, incompetent buffoon by some arrogant douchebag who dares call himself a writer.

IMO, Dan Slott has been by far the worst Spider-Man scribe ever. A competent storyteller he definitely isn't and for nine years ASM has been mostly inconsistent, with nonsensical plot lines and parodical cartoon dialogue.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By magnetic_eye
    @dernman said:

Hell yes.. Spider-Man should have a writer who actually wants to write about the character and not a perversion of it.

^^^^^ ALL OF THIS 100% ACCURATE ^^^^^

Thesenate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PLEASE!!!

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read briefly Dan's Spidey books and was never a fan. Though I hear he had brought many back into the fold with his writing, I also hear his present work has been making those same people leave.

Not to mention his attitude with fans and others. He comes off as very insulting.

I get it that there will be a ton of people that will always hate you when you are in this buisness, but you should never try to insult or belittle people in such a manner.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, Yes, Yes, YES YES YES YYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! Why Is That Actually Even A @#$%ing Question? Of Course The Series Needs A New Writer. But, It Needs A Writer Who Is More Passionate, Knowledgable, And Pretty Much Dedicated To The Character And His Mythos. Someone Like Robbie Thompson, Charles Soule, Gerry Duggan, Or Even Kelly Thompson Or Cullen Bunn For That Matter. I Don;t Know. I'd Also Prefer It If Gerry Conway Continues To Write For The Main Series After His Time With RYV And After The Merge. I'd Also Love It If The Character Has Been Given 3 Series Plus A Team Up Series And A Graphic Novel Every One Or Two Years. I'd Like It If Other Creators Would Have The Opportunity To Handle The Character. Plus, After OMD And Superior, The Guy Really Needs To Have Some Great Series And The Best Stories For Him.

If any of those writers wanted to do ASM, why didn't they include them in their previous stories? For example, Soule could have made Peter Parker a supporting character in his run on She-Hulk in a non Spider-Man role as one of Jennifer's closest friends in a cameo spot..

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ASM needs to eject both it's writer and its current continuity

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

ASM needs to eject both it's writer and its current continuity

Just so long as its not a reboot and he's sent back to high school. RYV!

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for life_without_progress
    life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Get one of the better writers from "The Gauntlet" arc and I'll be very happy with it.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yes! The guy can't write. He doesn't give one zero ....... about Spidey and his mythos.

Hurr durr. Mah Superior Spudermun. Slott, leave dammit. Your reign is over. You've ruined everything.

No Caption Provided

Slott, if you're reading this:

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MarvelMan92

@marvelman92 said:

If any of those writers wanted to do ASM, why didn't they include them in their previous stories? For example, Soule could have made Peter Parker a supporting character in his run on She-Hulk in a non Spider-Man role as one of Jennifer's closest friends in a cameo spot..

Soule Wrote Him In Daredevil And Inhumans And Robbie Did A Spider-Man Series Called Spidey, Included Him In Doctor Strange And The Sorceror's Supreme, Included Him In Silk, Did A Mini Series Called The Amazing Spider-Man & Silk: The Fly, Did A Video Comic On The Guy, And Is Actually Doing Another Series Called Spider-Man: The Master Plan. Gerry Duggan Included Spidey In The Uncanny Avengers And Deadpool. Cullen Bunn Also Wrote Him A Couple Of Times In The Avenging Spider-Man, Venom(Flash Thompson), Deadpool, And Possibly A Couple More Others. Kelly Thompson Hasn't Wrote Spider-Man Yet. But, She Basically Captures The Fun Day To Day Everyday Superhero Lifestyle With A Balance Of Comedy, Romance, And Drama In Her Hawkeye Series Which Would Be Really Great To See For The Character. So Yeah, Any Of These Writers Could And Have Handled Spidey Incredibly Well.

knightwriteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this even a question? Half of readers wanted him gone five years ago by the end of Superior even most of his fans thought it was time for him to leave.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the only reason ASM sells is because of ignorant or die hard fans who will never stop purchasing the book out of blind loyalty

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The bad thing about superheroes getting too popular is that their comics will sell no matter what, that's why Batman and Spiderman are being currently bashed but are still the top 2.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope said:

The bad thing about superheroes getting too popular is that their comics will sell no matter what, that's why Batman and Spiderman are being currently bashed but are still the top 2.

Batman is getting BASHED!? I thought that book was excellent thanks to Tom King and now The Button crossover with Flash.

Spider Man is not top 2 but rather Marvel's best selling solo superhero.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By darthfury78

@darthfury78 said:
    @marvelman92 said:

Soule Wrote Him In Daredevil And Inhumans And Robbie Did A Spider-Man Series Called Spidey, Included Him In Doctor Strange And The Sorceror's Supreme, Included Him In Silk, Did A Mini Series Called The Amazing Spider-Man & Silk: The Fly, Did A Video Comic On The Guy, And Is Actually Doing Another Series Called Spider-Man: The Master Plan. Gerry Duggan Included Spidey In The Uncanny Avengers And Deadpool. Cullen Bunn Also Wrote Him A Couple Of Times In The Avenging Spider-Man, Venom(Flash Thompson), Deadpool, And Possibly A Couple More Others. Kelly Thompson Hasn't Wrote Spider-Man Yet. But, She Basically Captures The Fun Day To Day Everyday Superhero Lifestyle With A Balance Of Comedy, Romance, And Drama In Her Hawkeye Series Which Would Be Really Great To See For The Character. So Yeah, Any Of These Writers Could And Have Handled Spidey Incredibly Well.

I wish that Mariko Tamaki would include Peter Parker in her She-Hulk series. It would be interesting to see him in Jennifer's world. While Soule had included Spider-Man in Daredevil, he never included him in his She-Hulk run at all. When I asked him if we'll ever see him show up, he blocked me from his Twitter account without a response to my question. Every since then, I have not followed up on any of his work; nor will I ever do so. Once a writer blocks me from his Twitter page when I ask a question relating to his work, I take it personally.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MarvelMan92

@ursaber said:
    @bluehope said:

Batman is getting BASHED!? I thought that book was excellent thanks to Tom King and now The Button crossover with Flash.

Batman Is Honestly The Most Overhyped Character In Comics. That's Why Writers Give Him The Special Treatment. Spidey Shouldn't Be Treated As Overhyped. But, The Guy Needs Some More Great If Not Brilliant Series. Like Maybe Say About 3 Series Plus A Team Up Series And A Graphic Novel Every One Or Two Years. In All Honesty, The Character Needs So Much Special Treatment After All These Years Since OMD And Superior.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @bluehope said:

The nudist Bane arc was a little divisive.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ursaber

@bluehope: I am Suicide was awesome.

@marvelman92: Batman is certainly overhyped but even with his repetitive formula he has something that keeps everyone coming back for more, good writers telling good stories of him most of the time.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

@bluehope: I am Suicide was awesome.

@marvelman92: Batman is certainly overhyped but even with his repetitive formula he has something that keeps everyone coming back for more, good writers telling good stories of him most of the time.

Spider-Man Needs Himself Some Great Writers AND Great Stories. But, He Needs Writers Who Are As Passionate, Caring, And Understanding Of The Character And His Mythos As Much As We All Do Here. He Certainly Doesn't Need To Be Overhyped. But, He Certainly Needs To Be Big Or Bigger Than He Already Is Or Was For That Matter.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By blackspidey2099

To be honest, I'd rather have Slott than risk someone like Bendis/Waid (or anyone else who thinks Spider-Man is just comic relief) getting their hands on Peter. Many of his stories insult Peter by making him seem incompetent and immature, but he is also responsible for Peter finally trying to be responsible for the good of the world and to advance his standing in life, so it's a mixed bag with him.

I'd only choose a new writer over Slott if he/she (in order of importance):

- kept Peter's status quo in a place where he can continue building technology/new suits for Spider-Man as well as use his intelligence for the benefit of the world by solving major problems.

- kept MJ as a very important supporting character/friend for Peter even if she can't be a love interest.

- realized that Spider-Man makes jokes, rather than being one.

So yes, but with a couple of conditions.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest, I'd rather have Slott than risk someone like Bendis/Waid (or anyone else who thinks Spider-Man is just comic relief) getting their hands on Peter. Many of his stories insult Peter by making him seem incompetent and immature, but he is also responsible for Peter finally trying to be responsible for the good of the world and to advance his standing in life, so it's a mixed bag with him.

- kept Peter's status quo in a place where he can continue building technology/new suits for Spider-Man as well as use his intelligence for the benefit of the world by solving major problems.

^That's Iron Man's theme. Super armors and world saving intelligence. Man the parallels between Spidey and Stark don't let up.

- kept MJ as a very important supporting character/friend for Peter even if she can't be a love interest. Sure she can.

Slott's credits:

Slott isn't doing Spidey any favors on characterization. His scientific accomplishments are underplayed by stupid man child behavior and pathetic unnecessary screw ups.

ECCC: Marvel: Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends Panel - CBR

From Slott's own mouth:How old is Spider-Man? “Physically, somewhere between 25 and 35, we’ll never peg it down,” Slott said. “Emotionally, 15.”

Slott completely alienated and isolated MJ. The last two volumes of Spider Man have been MJless. She's now apparently returning in Spectacular and it isn't by Slott's handiwork (thank GOD). MJ is arguably the best Spidey supporting character with loads more potential to be something meaningful now that Aunt May is but a prop who is as irrelevant as she is useless and Jameson who really doesn't appear or do as much anymore.

Slott's jokes consist of silly pop culture references and toilet humor.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:

^That's Iron Man's theme. Super armors and world saving intelligence. Man the parallels between Spidey and Stark don't let up.

Not sure when world-saving intelligence became Iron Man's theme because he usually doesn't build things beyond new armors and weapons. Actually, world-saving intelligence would be a great theme to incorporate more of in Spidey, since it is extremely hypocritical of him to go on about great responsibility and not use one of his greatest powers to help people. Considering Spider-Man's main theme is responsibility, this fits right in as a subtheme. Iron Man's theme isn't super armors either, because tons of characters make them (Spidey, Batman, Reed Richards, Hank Pym, basically any supergenius) (and because that's not a theme). I'd say Iron Man's theme is more about self-control or personal insecurity. Really, the only parallel between the 2 characters is that they are both supergeniuses, but a lot of people seem to think any character that becomes rich must be an Iron Man ripoff for whatever reason.

- kept MJ as a very important supporting character/friend for Peter even if she can't be a love interest. Sure she can.

Slott's credits:

Slott isn't doing Spidey any favors on characterization. His scientific accomplishments are underplayed by stupid man child behavior and pathetic unnecessary screw ups.

Better than the 90% of writers who don't give him scientific accomplishments AND also writer him as a manchild and screw-up (ex. Bendis and waid)

ECCC: Marvel: Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends Panel - CBR

From Slott's own mouth:How old is Spider-Man? “Physically, somewhere between 25 and 35, we’ll never peg it down,” Slott said. “Emotionally, 15.”

Slott confirmed this was just a joke.

Slott completely alienated and isolated MJ. The last two volumes of Spider Man have been MJless. She's now apparently returning in Spectacular and it isn't by Slott's handiwork (thank GOD). MJ is arguably the best Spidey supporting character with loads more potential to be something meaningful now that Aunt May is but a prop who is as irrelevant as she is useless and Jameson who really doesn't appear or do as much anymore.

He is also the one who brought MJ back to the book in a big way during his Big Time run, so it kinda evens out. I've also not heard she's returning in Spectacular other than the FCBD issue; in fact, I heard that Peter's going to be getting a new love interest in SSM.

Slott's jokes consist of silly pop culture references and toilet humor.

I mean, I still find quite a few amusing, if not outright funny. It's better than Peter being comic relief or being made the joke, which is what many writers do (Bendis, Waid, Spencer, etc.) and I don't mind some writer's being unable to write humor as well as others.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ursaber

@blackspidey2099:

Nearly all the main ASM writers have tackled his intelligence and Bendis and Waid have not been ASM writers. Bendis always handled a 15 year old Peter and as such he stayed in that mindset because he wasn't allowed to age the character. I'd rather focus on Peter's heart and humility rather than be overly intellectual which he never ceases to be.

A joke. That can be funny for Slott is known for incessantly ranting and lying and misdirecting. The way he wrote Peter through the majority of ASM Vol 4, I'd say he does write him with a teenage mentality. Always dodging company responsibilities and paperwork and escape as Spider Man even when he doesn't need to.

He brought MJ back after the atrocious satanic travesty of OMD and then completely crapped on her in Superior damaging Peter and MJ almost beyond repair. And let's not forget that Pedro embarrassment. He brought her back more than what seven years ago and never did anything good with her. In fact he disrespected her. I still believe MJ was allowed to be brought back because they were going to release OMIT.

The majority of Slott's Spider Man humor falls flat but there have been some highlights. In fact, in the last issue of ASM when Spidey trashed that Metal Gear he made a cool funny joke about bartering.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- kept MJ as a very important supporting character/friend for Peter even if she can't be a love interest.

Would you be in favor of VICTOR GISCHLER becoming the new writer for ASM? He's the guy who wrote Deadpool: Merc with a mouth. Currently, he's over at Dark Horse Comics. I would love to see him do Web of Spider-Man or a Spider-Man & Black Widow series as he would nail the characters very well.

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

i think so. and to be honest, i actually really love dan slott. I think his light, humor-based approach and always trying to find a new angle has worked well for ASM.

but it's been a long time. he's been the main writer, since 2009? 2010? that's too long. and oddly long for Marvel, who seems to be a rotating door everywhere else in their publishing.

in any case, just for the sake of changing it up to get a refreshing new outlook on peter i'd like a different writer. someone with a little bit more of a serious tone like gauntlet or kravens last hunt would be really fun right about now.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think so. and to be honest, i actually really love dan slott. I think his light, humor-based approach and always trying to find a new angle has worked well for ASM.

His light humor-based approach has robbed ASM of all gravitas and consequence, and is an ill fit for the darker turns he takes in a story.

And ASM isn't doing so hot really, the only time it gets a sales spike these days are through variants and gimmicks

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:
    @zombietag said:

His light humor-based approach has robbed ASM of all gravitas and consequence, and is an ill fit for the darker turns he takes in a story.

And ASM isn't doing so hot really, the only time it gets a sales spike these days are through variants and gimmicks

I think that VICTOR GISCHLER should have a crack at ASM as he could nail the stories with Spidey very well. If anyone got the chance to read Deadpool: Merc with a month, would know what I am talking about..

BlackSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To answer this question, I will just tell the story I heard a retailer telling. He said in the last three or four years he hear i his store more and more readers saying they hate Peter Parker and that Peter Parker is the worst part of Spider-Man and when he asked what Spider-Man material they were reading, ALL of them, without exception, said the Dan Slott's stuff.

The guy can't write Peter! He have a really warped interpretation of the character, he portrays Peter as a screw up, someone who is immature, irresponsible, incompetent, without any power of introspection and reflection, someone not worthy of respect and that is despised by all people who know him. Peter Parker is one of the best characters in fiction, he is what makes Spider-Man special and if some writer manages to make him unrelatable or someone people hate, said writer should not handle him at all.

BlackSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:
    @zombietag said:

Exactly, Spider-Man become a messy mismatch of tones and genres. Slott just mixes goofy and wacky stuff like the Spidermobile and Spider-submarine and silly jokes with dark stuffs like shocking deaths and disfigured people, all at the same time, and gave us clusterfucks like SpiderVerse and Clone Conspiracy, . It is like putting pizza, ice cream, tacos and sushi in the same food dish and try to eat it, the result is a unsavory mess.

BlindingLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

LeGeekWriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Um... Gee, I don't know. It's a really tough choice. Maybe if there was--

YES. Slott simply doesn't get Spider-Man. Going by what someone said earlier, Spidey shouldn't be a joke. When you're writing a humorous character like the Amazing, Spectacular, Sensational Spider-Man, you have to remember that the jokes do not make the character. Nope. Rather, the character makes the jokes. I once saw a film where the central protagonist had no personality aside from "he has a weird smile!" and "he speaks in a funny accent!". I couldn't tell you his personality beyond that.

Anyway, back to what I was saying with Slott not getting Spider-Man. I can tell that he likes Spidey, but that isn't necessarily the same thing. I like Black Widow, but I don't exactly get her. I couldn't tell you the first thing about what motivates her. Whenever Slott isn't deliberately trashing the Spider-mythos, his other stuff always feels like he's on autopilot--going through the motions, if you will. He knows people don't like him, so he doesn't care. There have been a few moments of greatness in his run. I really liked "Big Time". Superior Spider-Man was great (for the most part).

I want to see a human Spider-Man. Being the head of his own company is cool, I guess, but that's not Spider-Man. That isn't what he's meant to be. Stan and Steve created him to be "one of us", so to speak. Slott only looks at Spider-Man from an aesthetic, appearances-first point of view. He doesn't understand the heart and spirit of Peter Parker, Spider-Man.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Um... Gee, I don't know. It's a really tough choice. Maybe if there was--

YES. Slott simply doesn't get Spider-Man. Going by what someone said earlier, Spidey shouldn't be a joke. When you're writing a humorous character like the Amazing, Spectacular, Sensational Spider-Man, you have to remember that the jokes do not make the character. Nope. Rather, the character makes the jokes. I once saw a film where the central protagonist had no personality aside from "he has a weird smile!" and "he speaks in a funny accent!". I couldn't tell you his personality beyond that.

Anyway, back to what I was saying with Slott not getting Spider-Man. I can tell that he likes Spidey, but that isn't necessarily the same thing. I like Black Widow, but I don't exactly get her. I couldn't tell you the first thing about what motivates her. Whenever Slott isn't deliberately trashing the Spider-mythos, his other stuff always feels like he's on autopilot--going through the motions, if you will. He knows people don't like him, so he doesn't care. There have been a few moments of greatness in his run. I really liked "Big Time". Superior Spider-Man was great (for the most part).

I want to see a human Spider-Man. Being the head of his own company is cool, I guess, but that's not Spider-Man. That isn't what he's meant to be. Stan and Steve created him to be "one of us", so to speak. Slott only looks at Spider-Man from an aesthetic, appearances-first point of view. He doesn't understand the heart and spirit of Peter Parker, Spider-Man.

Nice summary.

Slott's Spider Man is all style and spectacle but no depth or substance or intrinsic understanding for who Spider Man and Peter Parker are and represent.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Eto

What I don't get. It's been a **** decade since he's been writing ASM. It's just boggling the mind.

LeGeekWriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto said:

What I don't get. It's been a **** decade since he's been writing ASM. It's just boggling the mind.

Agreed completely. Writers at Marvel don't usually stick around that long, and yet this man's been on the title for years. Weird.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ZariusII

DeFalco wrote Spider-Girl for twelve years.

Bendis has been the sole writer of the Ultimate Universe Spider-Men for close to seventeen years.

Claremont wrote X-Men for three plus decades.

The ASM newspaper strip writers, be it Lee, Larry, or Thomas, have written it for decades.

Slott's kind of still in the nursery compared to them.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

DeFalco wrote Spider-Girl for twelve years.

Bendis has been the sole writer of the Ultimate Universe Spider-Men for close to seventeen years.

Claremont wrote X-Men for three plus decades.

The ASM newspaper strip writers, be it Lee, Larry, or Thomas, have written it for decades.

Slott's kind of still in the nursery compared to them.

Let's hope he never ascends the nursery or become like them.

Avatar image for silveragereader
    SilverAgeReader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Replace him certainly, but with who? Would they be better? Worse? No different? This isn't just a Dan Slott problem, but an editorial problem. Is there a major male character in the Marvel Universe that is being written like an adult right now, or all they all suffering from arrested development? Readers grow with these characters, but the editorial staff is treating them as if they are eternally chasing the current crop of 16-year-olds, and the 16-year-olds can't imagine themselves even one year into the future.

Dan Slott needs to be rotated out, but the entire editorial staff from middle to senior management needs to be fired. In the MCU, they are consistently giving preference to directors who grew up with and love the characters they are going to be handling. The comics division should do no less.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silveragereader:

Charles Soule who writes Daredevil is doing an amazing job. I would give the job to Conway and make him the first writer to have two runs on ASM.

Avatar image for amazingspiderdan
    AmazingSpiderDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man should've had a new writer immediately after Superior Spider-Man-- Spider-Verse at the latest. I have Comixology Unlimited and recently Marvel added a lot of their comics too Comixology Unlimited including the first two volumes of The Amazing Spider-Man (Vol. 4/Post-Secret Wars). As far as Spider-Man goes, I haven't read anything after Spider-Verse so I've been gone from a while. I decided to read those volumes of Spider-Man, and God almighty I was disappointed still. I refuse to believe anyone in those Marvel offices are reading Slott's Spider-Man going "Wow, this is really good!"

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingspiderdan: exactly. I recommend you not to waste your time any further, just read RENEW Your Vows

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

@silveragereader:

Charles Soule who writes Daredevil is doing an amazing job. I would give the job to Conway and make him the first writer to have two runs on ASM.

Charles Soule Should Write A Separate Series Of One Of The Main Titles Next To Conway's ASM Run After The Merge. In All Honesty, Spidey Needs More Than Two Books. Most Of Them Incredibly Successful. It's The Least They Could Do After The Years Of Treatment They've Done To The Character Since OMD.

Avatar image for silveragereader
    SilverAgeReader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SilverAgeReader

I am so mixed on Spider-Verse. I like the addition of "Spider-Gwen," but I'm still irked that Slott had to burn down MayDay Parker's world and kill off Pete and Mary Jane in that universe. It was totally unnecessary. I also despise the concept of a family that "eats spider totems." It's needlessly desperate and macabre. I never liked Morlun for the same reason -- too gruesome for my tastes.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

@silveragereader:

Charles Soule Should Write A Separate Series Of One Of The Main Titles Next To Conway's ASM Run After The Merge. In All Honesty, Spidey Needs More Than Two Books. Most Of Them Incredibly Successful. It's The Least They Could Do After The Years Of Treatment They've Done To The Character Since OMD.

Speaking of Gerry, he will be missing during issue 10 of RYV and no mention to what will happen in the next issues...do you think he is writing for another series that is being kept in the dark?

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92 said:
    @ursaber said:

@silveragereader:

Speaking of Gerry, he will be missing during issue 10 of RYV and no mention to what will happen in the next issues...do you think he is writing for another series that is being kept in the dark?

I Think He's Just Letting Stegman Write For This Arc. I Mean, Like Most Of Us Stated Before, Both Conway And Stegman Are Very Passionate About This Project. Stegman Has Most Of The Ideas Like The Costume, Annie's Protective Suit, And A Couple Of Other Things. So, It'd Be Pretty Nice To See What Stegman Would Bring In This Arc.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slott is literally my least favorite Spider-Man writer of all time. He needs to leave.

Mitran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My friend @kidchipotle says Slott is the best Spider-Man writer. I take his word for it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.