Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Renew Your Vows

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@ursaber: LOL Can't help it it's in my DNA. And much like sequels, the stakes must be higher, the fights must be tougher, everything gotta evolve! I owe it my audience!

Btw, I'm right. Fact. ??

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@ursaber: LOL Can't help it it's in my DNA. And much like sequels, the stakes must be higher, the fights must be tougher, everything gotta evolve! I owe it my audience!

Btw, I'm right. Fact. ??

Until you're wrong.

No Caption Provided

Whatever gets you going, I guess. Fact. Whatever. Its not a big deal. I still think you overreacted or wanted an excuse to spring that confusing technicality lesson.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#403  Edited By amazingfantasy

@ursaber: But technicalities aside, I was gonna answer the costume thing. I could nitpick the hell out of the comparison you just made, but I'll just say that my point wasn't this... Just that it was specifically more original than VenoMJ suit, and yes, it is. And by default it is original to MJ due to being her own suit based out of nothing, while VenoMJ is based on... Venom. lol and as mentioned looks nearly identical to Julia's/Anya's costume. Even if we take what your comparison as absolute true, MJ's still looks more unique thus my point. And you basically said "Spinneret suit isn't that unique... Except for those reasons. It's similar to this suit... Except here and here here" Like dude, you just said where it distinguishes itself LOL so it is different enough. We can nitpick the hell out of any costume if it'll come to it. Look, if Spinneret suit was truly very similar to something, people would've caught on it. Like they noticed VenoMJ suit. Or Mayday's current suit being a mix of Peter's and Ben's. People very clearly see Spinneret as its own costume, they don't look at it like "Oooh it reminds me of-" no. Lastly I don't see the resemblance with Julia's costume at all, and I could nitpick it but I won't as I said. shoescolormaskspidersymbollineshairstylesshouldersbackwaistoverallcontrast
    andthefactthatnotonlyspiderheroes/ladiescostumesbutsuperherocostumesfollowacertainpatternsocertainsimilaritiesarenatural

But despite all of that, that wasn't my actual point, I meant original in the sense that it was MJ's own thing. Miles', Ben's, Kaine's costumes etc are all based on Peter's model yet still are their own things. Someone who does not know the characters could look at them and still think "Oh, Spider-Man". That's different. I literally said this, she doesn't have to wear Peter's suits now, she finally has her own. Just this... "OOH BUT IT LOOKS LIKE-" not the point.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#404  Edited By amazingfantasy

@ursaber: Whatever helps you deal with your wrongness, young man. ^^

I mean my post is always there explaining in step-by-step style that 5yrs old could get why you're incorrect and I'm not, and I'd be glad to make another one if necessary! Maybe even add some drawings!

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingfantasy: I say this in a slighly playful banter like frustrated manner: screw you.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#406  Edited By amazingfantasy

@ursaber: LOL I'll just say this, only one of us has "amazing" on their username!
    But I'll be nice and leave the "fantasy" part for you... The fantasy that you had even the remote possibility of being right. ??

Ok, I'll stop here. LOL but that was fun, thank you. And that kinda worked as something to distract myself which I guess I needed so also thanks for the completely unnecessary and useless discussion!
    https://68.media.tumblr.com/223c8c5a78a970f0d7fd159236db3621/tumblr_n6x5ewfU2n1r55ghao3_500.gif

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @amazingfantasy said:

@quilsniv: I do it for people's enjoyment!

It's actually all a joke. Ursaber and I planned this on a PM and we're just making movement on the forum!

I rain on your parade. This is another session of @amazingfantasy scolds/burns @ursaber on technicality. Its happened like three or four times now. I always lose because this guy writes super lengthy micro detailed explanations. This time he broke his record and generated all of that from one word I used.

I noticed that. I find him a bit intimidating. I wouldn't dare get into argument or debate with him. With my Dyslexia, I'd be overwhelmed with all that verbosity.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408  Edited By amazingfantasy

@glaucus said:
    @ursaber said:
    @amazingfantasy said:

@quilsniv: I do it for people's enjoyment!

It's actually all a joke. Ursaber and I planned this on a PM and we're just making movement on the forum!

I rain on your parade. This is another session of @amazingfantasy scolds/burns @ursaber on technicality. Its happened like three or four times now. I always lose because this guy writes super lengthy micro detailed explanations. This time he broke his record and generated all of that from one word I used.

I noticed that. I find him a bit intimidating. I wouldn't dare get into argument or debate with him. With my Dyslexia, I'd be overwhelmed with all that verbosity.

Oh wow lol relax mate, I don't bite! Just your friendly neighborhood AmazingFantasy hehe :)

As I previously mentioned my long posts are simply natural, it's just how I write... Been that way since before my teens LOL. But mostly it's because I try to put everything and/or as much as possible in a single post to explain my POV, which usually results in a gigantic post. I'm not a fan of back and forth discussions that take pages so this is a big reason to why I do it as well. People tend to say part of their point, the other one answers and so on... Me, I try tackling it all at once.
    Some of it is reminiscent of my battle forums days as well. A quick visit to the battle forums of any site will show you how long the posts can be there LOL I also frequently edit my posts like "Oh, I just thought of something else! Darn it, well, I should think/write more next time before posting!" which just makes the current and future posts length longer LOL So yeah.
    Some people do use long posts as a way to overwhelm the opponent, there's even a name for it but I don't recall. However, I do genuinely simply put everything that's on my mind into a single post for reasons already explained, nothing I'm typing is useless info, I believe everything I'm saying plays a part into my point. But regardless of the intention it's very understandable that someone who's not used to it can get overloaded. (Aaaaand this post ended up a little long too. Apologies everyone LOL)

--

This reminds of a guy on CBR that's quite similar, forgot the username but he has even me beat I'd say. I make long posts but the majority of my 2000+ posts are small comments... I only really make the big ones when debating or giving thoughts on an issue. But every single post this dude makes is gigantic with multiple topics! LOL His posts are fun and great to read tho. I think it'd be quite fun to have a friendly debate with him :D and perhaps a nightmare for regular users! LOL

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So RYV 10 has been released and I find this issue to be really compelling.

The story shows 3 different children and their love and adoration of their father's and where it takes them.

Billy Connors loves his father but as we all know, Doc Connors is plagued with the problem of becoming the lizard. Billy apparently has apparently done something to himself to perhaps save his father. This is one of the times you actually see the Lizard gain a portion of sanity back, and all for the sake of someone he loves.

Normie is revealed to live a life where he feels obligated to continue his family's legacy. He adores his father and is pained at his loss. From what we see, it's like Normie doesn't have many people he can trust and sees everyone as more of an obstacle or a backstabber. What we learn is why he is so obsessed with killing Spider-Man and it goes far deeper than just family business.

Then we have Annie who has the most stable father. Peter is alive and functions well with his powers. As we know from other issues, Annie wishes to make her father proud and be a hero like he is. Her father wants her safe but is impressed how fast she is progressing.

What I also loved is that they showed how this connects with the normal Spidey Timeline and shows that Normie has a connection to MJ and Peter for a while in his life. Not to mention that Peter still shows to have a soft spot for Normie, but knows that this osborne will not listen to him or be affected by his actions.

Its deep and meaningful while making you sympathize with the characters we see as villains in the story.

Also, it's a big plus to hear the F4 being mentioned! They active and Peter works with them!

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man if Stegman keeps the quality of the 2 issues he wrote so far... That'd be dope, I mean how awesome would that be, someone who's a great artist is also a great writer? Hope he has a nice future in the industry, we may be witnessing the beginning of something here! lol And speaking as someone who's been a big fan ever since his work on 2012 Scarlet Spider, that's really nice to see. Lots of success to you, sir!

tuot2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like renew your vow but i felt they are rushing the comic.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingfantasy: @itsaworld: Yeah, This Issue Was Really Great. Really True To The Characters And Mythos As Well. It's Really Nice To See Stegman Evolve From Artist To Writer. Hopefully, If His Writing Improves More By The Next Couple Of Issues, Then He'd Be One Heckavuh Writer!!!!!!!! I Really Hope He Stays On The Character Especially After The Merge. Of Course, You Can Have Some Guest Writers There As Well As Some Artists Filling In For Him. Though, I'd Love To See His Own Take Of The Mythos As He Progresses More As A Writer.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone get the feeling Greg Rucka's "Quality of Life" might be in canon since Martha Connors wasn't seen?

knightwriteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414  Edited By knightwriteri

#10 was quite good loved the Best of Enemies flashback. Stegman has proved himself as a writer with these two issues I'll miss his pencils but Stockman is a pretty small step down. I'm eagerly awaiting the parker's confrontation with Normie's MechaGoblin. I love the cover for #12 and when it's released I'm going to get the original mini-series and the first year of the ongoing bound into a hardcover. Hopefully the second year of RYV will make better use of non goblin and symbiote villains.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tuot2002 said:

THey tend to be heavily rushed when it comes to the stories they make. A large story line is compressed into 2 issues. Heck, I think alotta older spidey comics would take 3-4, so them compressing it into 2 is crazy.

@zariusii said:

Anyone get the feeling Greg Rucka's "Quality of Life" might be in canon since Martha Connors wasn't seen?

........you mean....that one series that spawned from OMD? .....I don't think so, specially cause he didn't eat Billy (a story that desecrated another beloved character for the sake of EDGELORD).

What I kinda suspect is that Margaret either doesn't know what happened or is fretting over this. As we learned, Billy turned himself into a lizard by his own free will. He obviously thought this could help his dad, and probably went behind his mom's back to do so. Either she has no clue or she knows but has no one really to turn to because the authorities may hurt her son.

tuot2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itsaworld: Yeah that what i was thinking. They should really take their time with these stories and i want more interacting between peter and his family. I don't like the idea that she chasing after peter to do crimes, that not something a father would want unless it just happen at that time frame then yes i can agree to it.

'

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tuot2002 said:

THey tend to be heavily rushed when it comes to the stories they make. A large story line is compressed into 2 issues. Heck, I think alotta older spidey comics would take 3-4, so them compressing it into 2 is crazy.

@zariusii said:

........you mean....that one series that spawned from OMD? .....I don't think so, specially cause he didn't eat Billy (a story that desecrated another beloved character for the sake of EDGELORD).

That is'nt the story I'm referring to. "Quality of Life" was the story that killed off Martha and occurred years before OMD

knightwriteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3 issue arcs that's what we need RYV's short arcs are a strength in my opinion you get more than one story each trade paperback but the X-Men and Venom arcs didn't reach their full potential because they were 2 issue arcs. 3 gives you four stories a year which isn't half bad in today's market.

knightwriteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419  Edited By knightwriteri

With the release of the RYV #13 cover I have to say the more I think about this timeskip the less enthusiastic I am about it I have no problem with a 16 year old Annie and 40 year old Spider parents and I'm sure I'll love the books but it does rob us of 9-15 year old Annie stories reducing the total pool of stories that can be told and threatening the series longevity. It could've taken place in real time with Annie graduating high school (or Xavier's institute) in the 120th issue.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightwriteri:

Yeah I think we previously discussed that. 3 issue arcs are the best option since RYV's AU status makes it a little unstable and so 3 parters are the best way to go. Beginning, Middle, End. All's good.

As for Annie stories, I'm not thrilled about aging her up or making Peter and MJ forty year olds, but the series is already threatened due to being an AU. It could be cancelled at any time so they're stepping up the pace and making as much progress as possible. Ultimate Spider Man had Peter remain in high school for ten years. The same principle can be applied here. Its going to be annoying seeing Annie as a millennial. Just hope she has no phone to take selfies.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421  Edited By amazingfantasy

Yeah not a fan of the time skip either but I can understand why they're doing it. I hope the new team does a good job

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't know how to feel about the new writer.

I'll give one arc a shot and based on that, I'll either keep my supcription or drop it.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#423  Edited By Lvenger

They're really doing a time skip and bringing in a new writer? I don't know, sounds a bit rushed to me. Granted RYV is running on borrowed time due to being an AU comic but switching the writer when Conway was well received seems odd.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

They're really doing a time skip and bringing in a new writer? I don't know, sounds a bit rushed to me. Granted RYV is running on borrowed time due to being an AU comic but switching the writer when Conway was well received seems odd.

I agree with you and I think that's how most people feel as well. I literally don't know what to expect from now on, as I said I can only hope that the new team does a good job.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425  Edited By ursaber

@eto: @knightwriteri:

@lvenger said:

I agree with you and I think that's how most people feel as well. I literally don't know what to expect from now on, as I said I can only hope that the new team does a good job.

Was Conway removed from the book or did he voluntarily step down to handle another project. And what about Stegman, wasn't he gonna take over as writer. What the hell is going on?

Not thrilled about the time skip or an aged up teenage Annie (my perception is that its Mayday 2.0.) but hopefully it somehow changes my mind of its done well.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto: Likewise. Not thrilled about the time skip narrative direction but until I set eyes on the page I'll reserve judgement on whether its messed up or not.

I was just really in love with the idea of Peter and MJ being YOUNG parents in their early thirties, at their prime when a child is most sweetest before the nightmare of being teenagers.

FYI being a teenager character in Marvel Comics right now spells disaster.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RYV is the only Marvel title on my pull list. Don't know how I feel about a new creative team all of a sudden. Did Conway step down because of Editorial interference with his vision for the book? Would love to know what's really going on.

If Jody Houser doesn't improve the book I will be dropping it and then that's it, I'm done with Marvel comics. It's been a long journey since 1974. Anyone else checked out Houser's Tweeter feed? Hope she doesn't bring her SJW politics into the book.

Dedonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedonus said:

@magnetic_eye

Here is a list of some of the comics that Houser has worked on.

So her books mostly focus on female protagonists. This makes me think we will loose the spider family aspect in favor or a rehashing of Spider-Girl

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431  Edited By Glaucus
    @itsaworld said:
    @dedonus said:

@magnetic_eye

So her books mostly focus on female protagonists. This makes me think we will loose the spider family aspect in favor or a rehashing of Spider-Girl

shrugs

being a female writer that focus mostly on female protagonists doesn't mean that the spider family aspect will be lost

it's not like female writers cannot write about families and males

males writers can write about families and females

I am going to save my judgment for the future issues after the time jump.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glaucus said:
    @itsaworld said:
    @dedonus said:

@magnetic_eye

shrugs

being a female writer that focus mostly on female protagonists doesn't mean that the spider family aspect will be lost

it's not like female writers cannot write about families and males

males writers can write about families and females

I am going to save my judgment for the future issues after the time jump.

I'm a female writer too!

I just am wondering if she will be sticking to what she is mostly known for. She has yet to speak to teh press about the book so I can only guess at this point

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedonus said:

@magnetic_eye

Thanks! I'm not familiar with her work. What's her quality of work like as a writer?

Dedonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnetic_eye said:

@dedonus said:

@magnetic_eye

Thanks! I'm not familiar with her work. What's her quality of work like as a writer?

I have not read anything by her, so I wouldn't know.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#435  Edited By ZariusII

Houser commented on Whedonesque's comments section yesterday (the site is closing down due to the controversy surrounding Joss Whedon and his ex-wife). She thanked the community for helping get her web comics noticed back before she became a professional

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They just released an article interviewing Jody Houser! I'm a bit more content!

(someone needs to tell me how to link articles)

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS – PARKER FAMILY VALUES

I'm glad to see that Jody is taking hands on in this. Oooooh seems that they are hinting Kraven will be making his appearance.

I also approve of the need of Dad Jokes. How could you not give the master of Quips Spider-Man no chances to make dad jokes?!

I am much more on board now. I really do need to hear from the writer in order to put to rest some worries. I dunno if this'll be as fantastic as the first year, but I do get there's more you can do when Annie is older....all the romances....plus you can also have a more accepting audience for crime fighting and a bit more violence. I just hope for some issues focusing on Peter.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: That;s what I was gonna post. LOL. Great cover. So sad Stegman's not drawing this anymore. Peter and MJ don't look like they've aged a day. Maybe they got sucked into the future while Annie grew up LOL. MJ looks so good with long hair, here's hoping she still has it loose within the pages. Annie looks pretty good. The hair could be better but its not as bad as Teen Jean Grey's.

I want to see MJ's suit colors inverted. Peter has the red, Annie has the blue and MJ's should be white majority and red minority.

As good as MJ's waist and hips look, my beef with her costume is the design of the waist, those licra like shorts in laid in the costume, and the slipper shoes.

Also Annie looks proportionally larger than Peter. Peter looks like he's holding it in.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter They ought to know fish'n'chips are bad for the figure

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks Really Nice. Really Love The Way Both MJ And Annie Look. I'd Really Like To See MJ's Hair Down In The Series More Often. I'm Also Interested To See How Annie Is Right Now As A Teen. Hope To See Some More Focus On Peter As Well. Hope Jody Houser Delivers On This Series.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not going to spoil it, neither here or on PM, only to say Stegman really outdid himself, it was PERFECT in every sense of the word. Simply Perfect.

Stegman On How Norman Osborn’s Grandson Becomes the New Green Goblin (Spoilers)

http://www.cbr.com/interview-ryan-stegman-spiderman-renew-your-vows/

-

@itsaworld, @ursaber, @amazingfantasy, @quilsniv, @tattacus

@zariusii, @blackspidey2099, @eto@mizerous

@riscrit aka Spideyryan, @magnetic_eye, @theheaven_guardian10, @marvelman92

I will readit next week. #shippingcosts.

Will let you know what I thought of it.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#444  Edited By ZariusII

@eto It'll be money well spent.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not going to spoil it, neither here or on PM, only to say Stegman really outdid himself, it was PERFECT in every sense of the word. Simply Perfect.

Stegman On How Norman Osborn’s Grandson Becomes the New Green Goblin (Spoilers)

http://www.cbr.com/interview-ryan-stegman-spiderman-renew-your-vows/

-

@itsaworld, @ursaber, @amazingfantasy, @quilsniv, @tattacus

@zariusii, @blackspidey2099, @eto@mizerous

@riscrit aka Spideyryan, @magnetic_eye, @theheaven_guardian10, @marvelman92

From these pics.....I think I now know why its forwarding 8yrs in the future....

....Annie attends Xavier's School!

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From these pics.....I think I now know why its forwarding 8yrs in the future....

....Annie attends Xavier's School!

Apparently I was right on the money! It's been confirmed this is why we fast forward 8yrs later

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itsaworld@zariusii@marvelman92@animehunter@eto@amazingfantasy

RYV 12 Thoughts

Pros

• Peter showed competency in this story at first with his
    • The battle per se with the Mecha Goblin.
    • The message with Annie about compassion and reaching out to Normie, finally a Goblin who saw the light. Wonder where he is now in the present.
    • Was January Regent's henchwoman in the original Secret Wars tie in.
    • Funny situations like MJ appearing in her shorts and top with a rescued Peter.

Cons

• The art. The artist looked like he was really trying to imitate Stegman but was underwhelming, especially on the Mecha Goblin.
    • The pacing. The common flaw of this series is its two part story issue structure which results in an unevenly paced rushed and almost unsatisfying conclusion.
    • Peter getting beaten again and saved AGAIN! I've no problem with the way Annie saved the day with Normie's help, it was well done. But Peter right now has been greatly reduced in capacity.
    • The X-Men, cool to see my Jean again but really, what did they add to this that was important.
    • Really, they waited eight years to tell Annie they're proud and trust her and give her a new costume, sorry but that eight years later ending was bad. It would've been much better if we knew or were hinted from the beginning that Annie was just narrating her origins from issue 1 up to this point but this looked like it came straight out of nowhere within the story.

Hopes for the Future

• Three part story arcs.
    • Peter being the head honcho. And not get constantly outstaged by his family.
    • MJ not sucking Peter's powers. Her own power source or her with no powers but with web shooters and street savvy.

Overall the chief problem I had with this issue was its rushed pace and the art. The rest was bearable and decent but this was a very inferior issue compared to RYV 11 which was AWESOME!

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#448  Edited By ZariusII

@ursaber I agree on most of your points. I did wonder what MJ was going to look like without the symbiote in battle...alas, nothing too kinky, feels like she put the symbiote on after jumping out of bed first thing in the morning for patrol, heh heh.

Yeah, the eight years later transition was poorly handled, apparently there were more trust issues with Annie that we weren't privy to that I wish we could have seen...also if she's only NOW getting an upgraded suit, what the hell was she wearing for eight years? Surely it wasn't the same outfit she had as a kid, only adjusted to fit her size as she grew?

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#449  Edited By MarvelMan92

@ursaber said:

@itsaworld@zariusii@marvelman92@animehunter@eto@amazingfantasy

RYV 12 Thoughts

Pros

• Peter showed competency in this story at first with his
    • The battle per se with the Mecha Goblin.
    • The message with Annie about compassion and reaching out to Normie, finally a Goblin who saw the light. Wonder where he is now in the present.
    • Was January Regent's henchwoman in the original Secret Wars tie in.
    • Funny situations like MJ appearing in her shorts and top with a rescued Peter.

Cons

• The art. The artist looked like he was really trying to imitate Stegman but was underwhelming, especially on the Mecha Goblin.
    • The pacing. The common flaw of this series is its two part story issue structure which results in an unevenly paced rushed and almost unsatisfying conclusion.
    • Peter getting beaten again and saved AGAIN! I've no problem with the way Annie saved the day with Normie's help, it was well done. But Peter right now has been greatly reduced in capacity.
    • The X-Men, cool to see my Jean again but really, what did they add to this that was important.
    • Really, they waited eight years to tell Annie they're proud and trust her and give her a new costume, sorry but that eight years later ending was bad. It would've been much better if we knew or were hinted from the beginning that Annie was just narrating her origins from issue 1 up to this point but this looked like it came straight out of nowhere within the story.

Hopes for the Future

• Three part story arcs.
    • Peter being the head honcho. And not get constantly outstaged by his family.
    • MJ not sucking Peter's powers. Her own power source or her with no powers but with web shooters and street savvy.

Overall the chief problem I had with this issue was its rushed pace and the art. The rest was bearable and decent but this was a very inferior issue compared to RYV 11 which was AWESOME!

I Kinda Agree With What You Said On Mosty Of Your Points Here. But, I'd Also Like To Add That Peter Was Only Rescued By MJ But MJ Was Quickly Beaten By The Mechanized Goblin As They Swung Around. But, Yeah. The Other Points With Wha You Said Were Pretty Much What I Actually Thought Of This Issue. Really, The Ending felt Pretty Rush And I REALLY Would've Liked It If The Story Was Much Longer. I Also Appreciated The X-Men Assisting Spidey. But, I Really Would've Liked It I All Of The Other Heroes Like The Avengers And The fantastic four Help Peter Out Side By Side. Especially With The Way The Other Heroes Have Actually Treated Him. But, Yeah. The Whole Battle felt A Bit Rushed And Disappointing. I Also Agree With How The Ending Was Handled. I Really Wished It Would've Been Alot More Longer And Well Handled. But, Overall, I Really Liked This Issue. This Was A Nice Conclusion To Stegman And The Rest Of The Creators' Run On The Series. I Really Hope Top See What Jody Houser Brings To The Series And Really Hope That She Actually Treats Peter With Dignity And Actually Put Him More Infront As Much As His Wife And Daughter This Time. Really, The Guy REALLY Needs With All Of The Stuff That The Guy Has Been Through In His Series. Really Hope To See What Houser Brings To The Series.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.