Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Reactions to what happened to Mary Jane in SSM10(Spoilers)

• 71 results
    animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By animehunter

I would like to know how people felt about what happened to Mary Jane in Superior Spider-man 10.

because personally I felt emotional, I might even go as fas as to say I almost cried, OK I cried "Yes I said it, I shed a tear", the fact that she had to go through that in order for her finally realise things are not right about Peter really did a number on me. Plus the fact that, before I got to finally panel I was really worried she wasn't going to survive, because for a long time, even though being a fictional character, I always felt emotionally attached to Mary Jane and if she were to be killed off I'm not sure how I would react. Dumb, I know, but that's how I feel and I doubt I'll ever change.

What about you guys.

and

Also HOW might you have reacted if she didn't survive the fire

For those wondering why I felt this way, take a look

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DH69

GO PEDRO!

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

I didn't like her very much in superior. shes been dating peter for how long and doesn't notice the drastic change? I notice when my girlfriend is hungry just by how she sounds lbs. and to answer your question I felt like this "welp, too late now. he's gone you insensitive,cold uncaring jesebelle" it feels like she never really loved peter. like I said before my gf and I KNOW eachother. I mean we're completely in tune with eachother. and it feels like mary j's love isn't real. just my opinion

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's another step in the decomposition procedure of Peter's life. Simply hate it.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By PunyParker

Mary Jane is written to be dense and an ineffective damsel in distress. Her club catches fire, and she just sits and waits for Peter to save her. Even if they were still married, MJ would help as best she could to save people’s lives. Sitting in the middle of a fire and assuming that someone will save them is really stupid, and it makes her look like a foolish little girl. I understand that Slott is playing towards the Peter/MJ shippers, but as a trade off Mary Jane is becoming a weaker character.

I dont like it.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

They ought to find whoever is writing this and hang him from the brooklyn bridge

motherf_ckers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

I didn't like her very much in superior. shes been dating peter for how long and doesn't notice the drastic change? I notice when my girlfriend is hungry just by how she sounds lbs. and to answer your question I felt like this "welp, too late now. he's gone you insensitive,cold uncaring jesebelle" it feels like she never really loved peter. like I said before my gf and I KNOW eachother. I mean we're completely in tune with eachother. and it feels like mary j's love isn't real. just my opinion

There's a term for that..... "BAD WRITING".....that's it.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I understand that Slott is playing towards the Peter/MJ shippers,

I dont like it.

Actually I think he playing against them. Think of it this way. He's making it look like she's an ineffective damsel in distress because of her relationship with Peter. Instead of doing something to take care of herself her faith in Peter stops her and she does nothing. The fact that she believes he failed to save her or even show up will definitely crack what they have. She will have lost faith in him, no longer depend on him, their relationship damaged, then she will be a much stronger self reliant woman for letting go of him according to Slott.

Also to further play against them and further widen the gulf of Peter/MJ did you see the scene of her and the fireman? Now I might have too look at it again but it seems to me like a cheap cliche set up for them to get together that you see in stories all the time.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PunyParker

@dernman: So Slott's going to ruin MJ(more) too......God Spider-Man needs a new writer...

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@dernman said:

@punyparker said:

I understand that Slott is playing towards the Peter/MJ shippers,

I dont like it.

Actually I think he playing against them. Think of it this way. He's making it look like she's an ineffective damsel in distress because of her relationship with Peter. Instead of doing something to take care of herself her faith in Peter stops her and she does nothing. The fact that she believes he failed to save her or even show up will definitely crack what they have. She will have lost faith in him, no longer depend on him, their relationship damaged, then she will be a much stronger self reliant woman for letting go of him according to Slott.

Also to further play against them and further widen the gulf of Peter/MJ did you see the scene of her and the fireman? Now I might have too look at it again but it seems to me like a cheap cliche set up for them to get together that you see in stories all the time.

What you said does have merit and that this event would play into her distancing herself from Peter and seeing her finally become what she use to be, a strong, smart independent individual, but I hope she also confides in Carlie about her doubts, and her feelings about what's going with Peter, and that Carlie decides to tell her what she knows.

Regarding Pedro, the fireman, it could happen as you said it's a formula used in many a media to get people together, but I have a feeling she might too preoccupied with what going on with Peter to pursue it, or at the very least if they do get together, she might pursue it fully for a time but then her mind will always go back to Peters odd behaviour.

And when I say Peter I mean SpOck, because she still thinks it's Peter her former fiancée / boyfriend.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@punyparker: it would keep in the theme of what Slott is doing. Marvel didn't want MJ together but fans kept asking for it back. So Slott per his style hints at them getting back together only to take it away. Then to further his agenda he's breaking down every aspect of his life. Peter's friends, romantic relationship, work, hero group. The only thing strong is family but that can easily take a dive,. Oh there is the fact that he has the public, mayor, and such on his side but you can already see the building blocks of that eventually blowing up in his face. In the end when Peter comes out he will be left with nothing but the fallout of Doc Ocs actions.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: EXACLY what i said months ago! Its all a pre-reboot story!!

Pete had friends-family-good work-cool apartment-no particular trouble with Spider-Man issues.....it's all gone too well.....so Marvel said "Where's Parker luck in all this?! thats not right!"...

Although,Slott said he had planned the gig since #600 so i tend to believe he made all go good for Pete just to ruin it.....that makes me dislike this person more and more....

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are people finally starting to realize that Slott is a bad writer?

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought people knew that already with 700#

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#15  Edited By Delphic

For the love of god people. I understand you are entitled to your opinion and all that, but start realizing something. This is not a Peter Parker story! This is a completely new Spider-man, and it just so happens to be that this Spider-man was formally Doc Ock. The way I see it is that even though Ock is "playing as Peter", he has in many ways turned Peter's life around. Sure he's a jerk, but look at what all he has done that Peter was never able to accomplish. He's able to crack down on crime in an efficient manner, he's managed to get his education together (which was a long time dream for Peter), and he has finally stopped the freakish ridiculous cycle of the Peter/MJ get together, break up, get back together.

I suppose you all would much rather have this back though:

No Caption Provided
    PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude.....i shout it to everyone since Spider-Island....

@delphic said:

For the love of god people. I understand you are entitled to your opinion and all that, but start realizing something. This is not a Peter Parker story! This is a completely new Spider-man, and it just so happens to be that this Spider-man was formally Doc Ock. The way I see it is that even though Ock is "playing as Peter", he has in many ways turned Peter's life around. Sure he's a jerk, but look at what all he has done that Peter was never able to accomplish. He's able to crack down on crime in an efficient manner, he's managed to get his education together (which was a long time dream for Peter), and he has finally stopped the freakish ridiculous cycle of the Peter/MJ get together, break up, get back together.

No Caption Provided

So,ok,lets accept Ock as Spider-Man,cause he's more agressive than Pete,and he doesnt leave funny notes to the police,and he doesnt shoot people in the head,in front of 30 people.....thats inspiring,and relatable!

Screw Parker,we're better off without him!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I came in here excited thinking she might have died or something, but it looks like noting actually happened. :\

camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delphic You're wrong about this not being a Peter Parker story. Even though Marvel is saying Doc is permanently the new Spider-Man, you cannot and will not have a permanent Spider-Man apart from Peter Parker unless you get rid of him. Even though the real Parker is gone, he will return with a rebooted life. As much as Slott says he wants a Spider-man apart from Peter, so far it hasn't been possible. Ben Reilly was a clone of Spider-man and so is Kaine, the new Scarlett Spider. Superior is Ock in Peter's body with Peter's friends and family and with Peter's enemies. There has not been an issue of Superior written or Avenging with Ock without Peter's name being mentioned. Until Ock moves his mind to a non-Peter Parker body, Spider-Man, Superior or otherwise, will always be tied to Peter Parker. If you want a non-Peter Parker Spider-Man, you kill him, you don't clone him or steal his body; pretty much what Ultimate Spider-Man did. That's how you keep the spirit of Parker around but also eventually leave him in the past. The reason Marvel didn't go that way with Superior is because it has been the plan all along to bring back their most well known character and as long as they keep Peter's body around, he cannot be forgotten. Spider-Man isn't Green Lantern where you can replace Hal Jordan with any number of characters. He's Superman and Batman. Though he's not int he driver's seat right now, this is a Peter Parker story, just a long drawn out one.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark_guyver said:

Dude.....i shout it to everyone since Spider-Island....

@delphic said:

No Caption Provided

So,ok,lets accept Ock as Spider-Man,cause he's more agressive than Pete,and he doesnt leave funny notes to the police,and he doesnt shoot people in the head,in front of 30 people.....thats inspiring,and relatable!

Screw Parker,we're better off without him!

Do we always need a character that's inspiring and relatable? If you do, then go out and explore other stories. There are tons of characters out there that are inspiring and relatable. As far as Ock goes, the character is going through a transition, and has been shown to have redeemable qualities. For example, he's charging at getting a doctorate head on, he has made Spider-man's patrols much more efficient, and he also performed a very delicate surgery on a young girl (which I remind you Peter tried to stop Ock from doing because he knew Ock would figure out where Peter was inside his mind).

I'm not saying we are better off without Parker, but do you really want to read the same stories with Peter over and over and over again, or would you like to see something a little new and innovative? Give the Parker stories a rest, let them simmer in the minds of writers, so when that Peter does return we will have something fantastic, and not just re-hashed.

@delphic You're wrong about this not being a Peter Parker story. Even though Marvel is saying Doc is permanently the new Spider-Man, you cannot and will not have a permanent Spider-Man apart from Peter Parker unless you get rid of him. Even though the real Parker is gone, he will return with a rebooted life. As much as Slott says he wants a Spider-man apart from Peter, so far it hasn't been possible. Ben Reilly was a clone of Spider-man and so is Kaine, the new Scarlett Spider. Superior is Ock in Peter's body with Peter's friends and family and with Peter's enemies. There has not been an issue of Superior written or Avenging with Ock without Peter's name being mentioned. Until Ock moves his mind to a non-Peter Parker body, Spider-Man, Superior or otherwise, will always be tied to Peter Parker. If you want a non-Peter Parker Spider-Man, you kill him, you don't clone him or steal his body; pretty much what Ultimate Spider-Man did. That's how you keep the spirit of Parker around but also eventually leave him in the past. The reason Marvel didn't go that way with Superior is because it has been the plan all along to bring back their most well known character and as long as they keep Peter's body around, he cannot be forgotten. Spider-Man isn't Green Lantern where you can replace Hal Jordan with any number of characters. He's Superman and Batman. Though he's not int he driver's seat right now, this is a Peter Parker story, just a long drawn out one.

That's an interesting sentiment and well thought out, but I suppose what you've written here is how it comes down to as perspective. You're saying that it's a Peter Parker story, because it's Peter's body, Peter's friends, and enemies and that is the only reason Superior connects to Spider-man. This is true, but there is one flaw. We, the readers, know that it is Doc Ock running the show in Peter's body. The readers know that it's not Peter Parker committing the actions in the story, but it is Doc Ock. So technically that makes Doc Ock the protagonist of the story, thus making Superior Spider-man a Doc Ock story.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PunyParker

@delphic: I'm not saying that i dont read it......i just dont want Peter to not come back.Peter "spirit" might just be Ock's concience,or smthing like it.....It was too stupid and silly to be Peter himself.

And admit it,some preety stupid things happen like with the Avengers......or y'know....the murder,and the no reaction to this.....and that the police and JJJ sudenly started loving Spider-Man.....but ok,it's not the first time things happened and werent explaned...i mean in BND Harry was resurected,with no excuse...

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: We all know Peter is going to come back. It's just the rules of the Comic book status quo. Barry Allen was gone from DC comics for over twenty years, but he's back. With Spider-man, a story like this is in no way going to last throughout the rest of Spider-man continuity. I mean for all we know the body Ock took over was one of Jackal's clones, and the real Peter Parker has been off in Mubai doing the Bruce Wayne (that's highly unlikely, but I think you can see what I mean).

I will admit that some things seem really stupid. Like the Avengers giving Spidey a slap on the wrist for the murder of Massacre, but certain members of the avengers have no room to talk in that department, because at some point another all of them have killed. I mean one of them (Wolverine) is actually on a special force who specifically carries out missions that require slitting throats. Yeah it's "not Peter", but I can see the Avengers thinking, "maybe this was the straw that broke his back." or "People have forgiven us for the crappy stuff we've done, so don't we owe Pete that too?" I will admit though the execution was a little flawed. Like I said the slap on the wrist was a bit ridiculous, and perhaps it would have been more convincing if they had said like "We'll be watching you, or you're on probation." etc. etc.

Now with Jonah, that is not hard to believe at all. We all know that JJJ is not exactly the most agreeable guy in the universe, and he always wants to twist things. He was always calling out Spidey, because he's a "public menace". He see's Spidey Ock in a different light, because this Spidey get's his hands dirty by reducing collateral, keeping the civilian law in the limelight, and also providing a favor or two. JJJ likes the new Spidey, because he fits his "ideal superhero". JJJ thinks a Superhero should take an aggressive approach to stopping crime, but keep the everyday person in the limelight of handling things. Unless it comes down to guys like Massacre, who he would much rather see, be put down like a rabid dog rather than have taxpayer dollars keep him alive and healthy, until he gets bored so he can break out and cause more havoc later. If you remember Jonah has been through hell when it comes to villains who were once captured. His wife was recently killed by Smythe, but instead of having the murderer put down he was locked up. Jonah has at numerous times looked Smythe in the eyes behind a cell door, and Smythe smiles because "he got away with it." Jonah sees such an incident as "I killed your wife, and you're paying for it by giving me food and a warm bed. Thanks Jonah, can't wait to do it again." So yeah, I think Jonah is more than happy to see spidey put guys like that (Vulture, Massacre, and yes even Screwball) in their place.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PunyParker

@delphic: Yeah,ok,about JJ,i meant at the start,but the reat i agree....Also with on the Avengers topic,it was too convenient that Tony and Richards were "outta town" and didnt see the x-ray of ock's brain.....and Romanov giving him the "i get it" attitude...just showning that its the dum Avengers who's in charge now....

@delphic said:

I mean for all we know the body Ock took over was one of Jackal's clones, and the real Peter Parker has been off in Mubai doing the Bruce Wayne (

REALLY!!??

I never thought of that!!! :P

Also,Mj......im bored to write this again, post 5..

EDIT:Also i wanted to ask you as an IronMan fan(avatar)....do you thnk that these IronMan fanboys that turned out after 2008(movie...y'know)...are you annoyed from that?....i mean they pretend to know everything about the character,with only source the movies.....Wanted to ask an Ironman fan(comics) for a long time!

camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By camstevens80

@delphic that was kind of the point. Yes, we the reader know it's Ock but we also know it's Pete's body. As long as we, the reader, consistently see Peter, we will be reminded of him and the real Spider-man.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@camstevens80: How else would Slott would have made Ock a likeable hero?....."Put his brain in Peter's body...done!..."

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delphic: Yeah,ok,about JJ,i meant at the start,but the reat i agree....Also with on the Avengers topic,it was too convenient that Tony and Richards were "outta town" and didnt see the x-ray of ock's brain.....and Romanov giving him the "i get it" attitude...just showning that its the dum Avengers who's in charge now....

@delphic said:

I mean for all we know the body Ock took over was one of Jackal's clones, and the real Peter Parker has been off in Mubai doing the Bruce Wayne (

REALLY!!??

I never thought of that!!! :P

Also,Mj......im bored to write this again, post 5..

Well actually it is pretty convenient that Tony and Reed weren't there. I mean Tony is chasing the Pheonix through space, and Reed is traveling time to find out why the Fantastic Four are losing their powers. Romanov giving him the "I get it" attitude is fine, but what wasn't fine with me at that point is like I said, them just letting him go with a slap on the wrist. I mean an "if you do this again, there will be repercussions." was definitely warranted. It would have made the avengers seem less dumb as you say.

Mary Jane is written to be dense and an ineffective damsel in distress. Her club catches fire, and she just sits and waits for Peter to save her. Even if they were still married, MJ would help as best she could to save people’s lives. Sitting in the middle of a fire and assuming that someone will save them is really stupid, and it makes her look like a foolish little girl. I understand that Slott is playing towards the Peter/MJ shippers, but as a trade off Mary Jane is becoming a weaker character.

I dont like it.

This I say was pretty stupid. Makes me wonder how bad did it get for MJ to lose hope like that. I know people will probably tear me a new on on this one, but in this case I have to say that every writer makes mistakes. I do not think this makes Slott a bad writer though.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delphic that was kind of the point. Yes, we the reader know it's Ock but we also know it's Pete's body. As long as we, the reader, consistently see Peter, we will be reminded of him and the real Spider-man.

We will be reminded of Peter and the Amazing Spider-Man, but so long as it's Ock committing these actions with Peter's body, and not Peter making them, then the story is not about Peter.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

It was stupid, plain and simple.

The fact that people are seeing the fact that it took this long for MJ to "get it" as proof that she's an idiot (as opposed to proof that Slott has intentionally assassinated her character by making her an unlikeable idiot) sort of underscores just how stupid it is. As has been pointed out numerous times, and again in this thread, a pre-SSM MJ would never have been this clueless, would not have taken so long to catch on, would not have sat around helplessly waiting to be saved, etc. etc. Her entire character since issue one seems to be one instance after another of blatant PIS, imperiled not because of actual danger but because she has been stripped of agency and intelligence.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Phaedrusgr
    Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the real superior spiderman is PEDRO

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Silly Mary Jane!

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: Yeah! What if Otto understood that Pedro is the real Superior Spiderman, giving him Pete's body and super powers? Now, that would be a comic book I would definitely read. Oh, Slott! Please, do it!

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am probably alone in this, but I was annoyed at MJ for not just sitting around and waiting for Peter, and not just because it's become the pivotal moment of when she catches on but because she has that belief that Peter would always save her. Like this would be the final straw because he always saves her -- always. Suppose the real Spider-Man was doing battle with some powerful entity the same time she finds herself in trouble -- is she so full of herself that he will ALWAYS be there for her?

I guess it's a continuation of a character being written out of character, but the entire situation came off just as ridiculous as Ock taking over Spider-Man's body.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TrueMarvel

The comic clearly shows just how much Slott doesn't understand the characters he's writing about. Everyone has to agree that MJ would not sit on the ground and wait for peter to save her. Sure she has been a damsel in distress before... but she was always capable if you know what i mean.

But this? This is a childs mentaility. A child would assume their "daddy would come save them no matter what". Slott has either no respect for strong women, or he clearly doesn't understand the MJ as a character... just like he doesn't understand Spiderman

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: Seeing as you're not the only one to mention being miffed by her sitting around like she's helpless and expecting him to show, I think it's safe to say you are not alone in that :P

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By lykopis

@truemarvel said:

The comic clearly shows just how much Slott doesn't understand the characters her's writing about. Every has to agree that MJ would not sit on the ground and wait for peter to save her. Sure she has been a damsel in distress before... but she was always capable if you know what i mean.

But this? This a childs mentaility. A child would assume their "daddy would come save them no matter what". Slott has either no respect for strong women, or he clearly doesn't understand the MJ as a character... just like he doesn't understand Spiderman

Nicely said. This is what I mean -- having her be rescued by someone other than Peter floored her. Wah? Why would it? I understand the doors were locked and there was no way out (although I think there are some windows somewhere, no?) but for this to be THE moment -- it grates. Granted, I haven't been a long enough reader to have a substantiated opinion about it, but I know enough of MJ that this wouldn't be her mindset. I would have preferred Slott showed her smashing her way through and saving herself (and others) and have her muse to herself that Peter would have come to her aid anyhow.

@akbogert said:

@lykopis: Seeing as you're not the only one to mention being miffed by her sitting around like she's helpless and expecting him to show, I think it's safe to say you are not alone in that :P

Yes, I noticed your remarks earlier. It's just the whole -- this isn't MY Peter thought process -- because he would have saved her? Like, really? It rings shallow and a bit...arrogant in a way. Kind of like, Peter didn't come to save MOI? Moi, THE MaryJane? I can't believe it -- it must not be really him then! Hrmph!

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: I don't think being a long-time reader or first-time reader should make a difference. No character who acts this way would ever have survived in any universe, fantasy or otherwise; certainly she would not have become a fan favorite. i think @truemarvel's remarks are spot-on. This whole thing is just a commentary on Slott, not on MJ. I pity those unable to make the distinction.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#37 SC  Moderator

I figure someone you love and care about starts acting odd you can either become suspicious off them, or you can try and empathize with them and work through the inconsistencies. Similarly, you care about someone, you trust them, they make a habit of being there for you when you seem to need them most, and it seems unlikely, magical, but keeps happening? You can take it for granted sure. It stops happening, can be a bit of a critical mass moment and put things into a new perspective. So I am okay with what is happening to MJ, and don't view her in a negative light. Thats just me though, this whole Slott/Ock/Spidey etc etc thing just seems like mass conformity to me, but I am also an outsider looking in and also someone who knows how powerful presuppositions are to receiving work that is polarizing by nature.

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ock is a bad ass.

craymond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok for one, so glad this discussion was opened since I felt pretty bad for MJ and it looked like no one has been taking about her since Superior #2.

Though everybody here has made some valid points, I wanted to bring up a few things. First, about Mary Jane not being suspicious until now, I don't find that entirely accurate. You see, looking back a issue 700 you can see it the beginning when there about to get "intimate", she unbuttons his shirt to see his costume and she's like "Your Spider-Man? ". Now... this is only an opinion, but I believe that she had suspicions that he was an imposter but to her that if he's Spider-Man then who else could he be. He must be Peter, he's just acting strange.

And what happened in Superior #10. Yeah I agree that was stupid to have her just sit there. But I don't think Slott was concerned with writing her perfectly. The scene was to convey her tragically learning for sure that's there something wrong with Peter the hard way. And for me it worked, felt miserable watching her become a burn victim while waiting for Peter. Really depressing.

And Pedro? I don't like where that's going. Would have preferred her dying and meeting Peter in the afterlife.

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait. Just... wait. Mary Jane Watson-Parker (yes, i'm going with that) who has survived a abusive child hood, multiple stalkers, multiple kidnappings, has multiple pieces of jewlry to activate Spidy's spidersence, studied martial arts with Captain America and roomied with Wolverine, decides to pulls a Bella Swan and just sit and wait to die or be rescued? Really?

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muhabba said:

Wait. Just... wait. Mary Jane Watson-Parker (yes, i'm going with that) who has survived a abusive child hood, multiple stalkers, multiple kidnappings, has multiple pieces of jewlry to activate Spidy's spidersence, studied martial arts with Captain America and roomied with Wolverine, decides to pulls a Bella Swan and just sit and wait to die or be rescued? Really?

Haven't you heard? Dan Slott's writing a fantastic book. The only people who disagree are people who are obsessed with Peter Parker and can't stand change...there are no valid critiques of his writing.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@tacos_kickass: Ock is a badass, cause he's running around "wearing" Peter's body, using his powers. Don't remember him being such a badass, while he was Mr. Tentacle. Just saying.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert: I swear, sometimes, I feel that Slott never actually read a Spiderman comic book before...

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phaedrusgr: You're right he wasn't a bad ass when he was in is old body but hes a bad ass now, hes a much better Spider-Man then Peter could ever be.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#

#

@muhabba said:

Daan Slott claerly doesn't understand the character's hes writing about. Just look how he twisted the meaning of spiderman in #9. And you should see some of his interviews... I seriously can't understand his rationalism. The way he rationalizes his horrible writing speaks volumes about his understanding of spiderman.

Bottomline: everyone one here knows that MJ is not that type of woman. Readers who rationalize Slott's writing either don't understand as well, or simply like the books and don't care about the characters in em.

Slott has said "I am Spider-man's biggest fan"... really now?

Avatar image for jesusdisciple001
    jesusdisciple001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jesusdisciple001

Tacos_kickass: No he's not and he will never be because he stole pete's life. Why slott, WHY??????!!!!!!!

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

@akbogert: I will

Say this though. I hate what's being written. But I have enjoyed HOW it's been written.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Akindoodle

@sog7dc: Kinda like he's a good writer just not a good Spider Man writer, right?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.