Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Q: Seems like a bit of an odd question, but what do you guys think are Spider-Man's/Peter Parker's political views?

FromAPOV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Q: Seems like a bit of an odd question, but what do you guys think are Spider-Man's/Peter Parker's political views? (8 votes)

Is he a Classical Liberal. 63%
    Is he a Libertarian. 0%
    Is he a Modern Day Conservative. 0%
    Or is he Apolitical. 38%

Just kinda curious, oh and why didn't I add Modern Day Liberal to the choices? Well, because Liberals in today's society are nothing, but Far-Left Leaning, Politically Correct, Whiny and Irritating Lunatics, who have nothing better to do with their lives, but constantly turning everything Popular into garbage, by injecting SJW and Feminist propaganda into it and annoy/harass other people who don't agree with them on certain topics.

Sorry, for ranting there, but yeah I would really like to know your opinions on this guys, oh and this strictly discussing good old Earth-616 Spidey.

• 
    QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think depending on whatever the time period is (the sliding timescale is in play here) Peter and his family have traditionally voted towards more liberal points of view. There's several issues of the Conway Amazing/Spec run of Peter sympathizing with inner city groups about gentrification of their neighborhoods, the Lee/Romita run where he sympathizes with on-campus protestors but chooses not to get involved in favor of playing Spider-Man, and an issue of... I wanna say during the Mackie/Byrne reboot where Peter, MJ and May talk about how awful George W. Bush was during the 2000 elections. It just depends on how we look back on each era, because there was always the political radicals in comics. But I've always seen Peter as a traditionally liberal person.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most super heroes are liberal because most writers are liberal.

Avatar image for revolutionary_j
    Revolutionary_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter Parker is a New Yorker who moves in academia/newsmedia and the gig economy...so that would put him left-of-center. This is a city that was overwhelmingly blue and anti-Trump.

Historically, in the 70s and so on, Peter was shown to be apolitical but someone who was quite anti-authoritarian. Like in #91-92, Spider-Man and Peter combat Sam Bullitt, an authoritarian DA candidate who is shown to have ties to hate groups, and is racist to Robbie Robertson, and both Peter and Robbie invoke Godwin's Law. On the other hand at the time Peter is dating Gwen, who works as a volunteer for Bullitt an openly backs his "law and order" campaign, and basically is the early version of the Blonde Republican Sex Kitten.

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Well, because Liberals in today's society are nothing, but Far-Left Leaning, Politically Correct, Whiny and Irritating Lunatics, who have nothing better to do with their lives, but constantly turning everything Popular into garbage, by injecting SJW and Feminist propaganda into it and annoy/harass other people who don't agree with them on certain topics."

shrugs

not this liberal

FromAPOV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FromAPOV

@glaucus: Well, there are some actually good liberals out there, like Dave Rubin is a good example, because Classical Liberals (which he is), are much more mature, well manared people than Modern Day Liberals, because they represent the traditional meaning of Liberalism which is well, Liberty not authoritarianism which is what Liberalism has become in the US, if you don't agree with the Left, than your automatically labeled a Nazi, a Racist, a Homophobe, a Mysogonist, a Far-Righter, a KKK Member and so on and so on. And I've been labeled these by many people who strongly disagree with my political beliefs (which are Conservative) and I even once got, well almost got into a physical fight with an SJW who was so triggered, when I disputed all of his statements on Racism, Feminism and Abortion. He then tried to fist fight me and really I wanted to avoid it, because I felt sorry for the guy I mean like he was only 5'8 and about 145 - 150 lbs, while I'm 6'2 and over 280 lbs and I actually have some experience in boxing while the other guy probably has none. So, because I didn't want him to end up embarrassing himself in front of a crowd of people and probably get a black eye and a broken nose, I just left and ignored all of his taunts to try and provoke me. And just to be clear, not all Liberals are like this, but a good majority of them are, there are some good Liberals and one of my classmates from High School, was a gay liberal but despite are differences in politics we still treated each other respectfully and politely, like rational, civilised human beings.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.