Peter Parker x Mary Jane Appreciation

• 125 results
#101 Edited by ZariusII (5771 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber The story after that was "Red Headed Stranger" and yeah, that one's pretty bad. Peter gets drunk at the sight of MJ and ends up sleeping with someone. Don't listen to @thor_parker82 either (no offence thor), BND isn't worth your time almost at all. There's more bad than good. Ironically, Slott's the best writer during that phase because he had to work with others.

#102 Posted by ursaber (10165 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: Go read it man, you won't die nor will anyone stop talking to you if you read a BND era issue. Aside from the fact that they erased all of the awesome work JMS did and the best relationship in all fiction, there were plenty of good issues worth reading during Brand New Day and after, this was one of them.

So, summarize it for me then. I know I won't be roasted for such an action, but its a principle thing for me. Its like eating a poisoned apple LOL

#103 Posted by ursaber (10165 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

@ursaber The story after that was "Red Headed Stranger" and yeah, that one's pretty bad. Peter gets drunk at the sight of MJ and ends up sleeping with someone. Don't listen to @thor_parker82 either (no offence thor), BND isn't worth your time almost at all. There's more bad than good. Ironically, Slott's the best writer during that phase because he had to work with others.

Don't plan on reading BND. I remember Linkara saying that he would be willing to read through BND if OMD was ever retconned and the spider-marriage restored and I'd do the same.

So Peter ends up sleeping with Michelle Gonzalez. Did Peter talk to MJ during the wedding or did he avoid her?

#104 Edited by ZariusII (5771 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber He largely avoided her and got drunk. They got back in touch later and had a nice moment, but since this is Mephistoverse Peter and MJ, neither acted like their years of close intimacy was a big deal and it came off as more two old friends reuniting rather than soul mates and lovers.

#105 Edited by ursaber (10165 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

@ursaber He largely avoided her and got drunk. They got back in touch later and had a nice moment, but since this is Mephistoverse Peter and MJ, neither acted like their years of close intimacy was a big deal and it came off as more two old friends reuniting rather than soul mates and lovers.

Yeah. I could not resist and I read 600 - 605. It was agonizing to see how altered the two were. And the 605 issue was worse because it had MJ refusing to go to the wedding at first then hooking up with the Bobby Carr character even after he had injected himself with drugs.

#106 Posted by ZariusII (5771 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber To tweek a quote Kevin Nash "With Marvel editorial there may be one, or there may be many, ready to stick a knife in your back, you don't have to worry about Spider-Man writers in the late 2000s, because they'll shoot you right between the eyes"

#107 Posted by ursaber (10165 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

@ursaber To tweek a quote Kevin Nash "With Marvel editorial there may be one, or there may be many, ready to stick a knife in your back, you don't have to worry about Spider-Man writers in the late 2000s, because they'll shoot you right between the eyes"

That's... a very disturbing thing to say. You refer to the extreme cutthroat behind the scenes workings of the comics, right?

#108 Posted by ZariusII (5771 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber Yeah, writers never hide their agendas either.

#109 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16369 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

Ouch :P

Don't get me wrong, most of it was meh and not worth wasting your time, but to go as far as to say all of it was awful is just letting the anger cloud your judgement, again, do not confuse this as me saying I like BND or something of the like, but it is not as bad as people say it is, at least the stories, what is defintiely bad is that BND erased all the previous elements and development we had and started from scratch.

#110 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16369 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@zariusii said:

Yeah. I could not resist and I read 600 - 605. It was agonizing to see how altered the two were. And the 605 issue was worse because it had MJ refusing to go to the wedding at first then hooking up with the Bobby Carr character even after he had injected himself with drugs.

Was it really that bad ? Damn, I don't remember it being that bad, sorry for the bad advice lol, I just recalled Peter and MJ having some interaction and just that, hence why I said it was not a bad issue, but......pardon me for making you read that haha

#111 Posted by ursaber (10165 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@zariusii said:

Was it really that bad ? Damn, I don't remember it being that bad, sorry for the bad advice lol, I just recalled Peter and MJ having some interaction and just that, hence why I said it was not a bad issue, but......pardon me for making you read that haha

Be happy thor.

It was just painful because both of them acted so casual, so friendly like after splitting up from what was likely the most important relation of both their lives. And seeing Peter sleep with Michelle and then a flashback to MJ from before attending the wedding sleeping with a co star who was drugging himself was just too much.

#112 Edited by Thor_Parker82 (16369 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@thor_parker82 said:
@ursaber said:
@zariusii said:

Be happy thor.

It was just painful because both of them acted so casual, so friendly like after splitting up from what was likely the most important relation of both their lives. And seeing Peter sleep with Michelle and then a flashback to MJ from before attending the wedding sleeping with a co star who was drugging himself was just too much.

MJ actually slept with another dude ?

#113 Posted by ursaber (10165 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82:

In 605, we have MJ as the focus character. It follows her when she is in California doing movie stuff after the break up when she receives her wedding invitation to May's. She decides to not attend at first. She then meets up with her co star Bobby Carr and they get it on. Then later they go to an opening and afterwards she finds him injecting himself with drugs.

#114 Edited by ZariusII (5771 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to take us back on topic, this is Peter/MJ appreciation, not a place to discuss the minor highs and consistent lows of the Mephistoverse and it's effects on the characters

No Caption Provided

#115 Posted by ursaber (10165 posts) - - Show Bio
#116 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5232 posts) - - Show Bio
#117 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16369 posts) - - Show Bio
#118 Posted by KrleAvenger (26081 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone call a Hell-Lord. We don't deserve to appreciate anything.

#119 Posted by ursaber (10165 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone call a Hell-Lord. We don't deserve to appreciate anything.

Why?

And nice Darth Caedus/Jacen Solo avatar. He's my favorite EU character along with Kyle Katarn and my favorite Skywalker-Solo member.

#120 Posted by KrleAvenger (26081 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: I was being ironic. Peter and MJ are arguably the most popular couple in comics, and Mephisto kinda ruined it. And since this thread is created to I guess help fans appreciate the two more, I was like "someone call a Hell-Lord to ruin this". A joke. Besides, my friend @thor_parker82 is obsessed with Mary Jane, and I enjoy trolling him from time to time.

And thanks. He is one of my favorite characters too. Very well written hero and a villain in my opinion. Fun fact, I think that out of all the characters in fiction, I look like Jacen/Caedus the most (appearance wise).

#121 Posted by ursaber (10165 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: I was being ironic. Peter and MJ are arguably the most popular couple in comics, and Mephisto kinda ruined it. And since this thread is created to I guess help fans appreciate the two more, I was like "someone call a Hell-Lord to ruin this". A joke. Besides, my friend @thor_parker82 is obsessed with Mary Jane, and I enjoy trolling him from time to time.

And thanks. He is one of my favorite characters too. Very well written hero and a villain in my opinion. Fun fact, I think that out of all the characters in fiction, I look like Jacen/Caedus the most (appearance wise).

Cool. I tend to not get irony or sarcasm the first time around.

And yeah, fully agreed, Spidey and MJ are the number one Marvel couple. You could also say I am very invested in Mary Jane as well as she is not a typical love interest and has lots of personality and depth. Plus, redheads are my weakness (except Black Widow and Batgirl for some reason. Widow is a femme fatale spy and Batgirl is just... meh for me. I suppose the animated series ruined her for me because of her Batman romance)

I even made a thread collecting ALL of the Spider-Marriage romance: Spider-Marriage of Peter Parker and Mary Jane Reading Order.

-

Jealous of you for looking like Jacen. He looks really cool as Jedi and Sith, and quite a ladies man himself. I just wish he had survived Invincible. Ever since Jaina killed him and gave up on him many books before his demise (same goes for Leia and Han), I've detested her. Fallen Jedi are the most interesting of characters to follow. Ulic Qel Droma, Revan, Anakin Skywalker and Jacen. They are the shapers of galactic history.

Its somewhat of a relief that out of all the EU characters, the aspect/concept of Jacen reincarnated in Kylo Ren who is like a hybrid of Jacen and Ben Skywalker. If only he wasn't an emo brat most of the time!

#122 Edited by ZariusII (5771 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger I don't think Peter and MJ are "ruined" at all. Sure, if you follow the 616, they were ruined for a decade, but they were treated very well outside of that continuity with alternate universes (well, MC2 suffered a little from 2014 through to 2018, but even Mayday's father got better)

#123 Posted by KrleAvenger (26081 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii I'm just saying what the others are saying. I personally don't care either way. I think One More Day was extremely dumb and badly badly written, but that is because of the way it is. Peter and Mary Jane being separated never meant that much to me. My reaction to it was not extremely negative, since I was already extremely overwhelmed by bad writing from One More Day itself. And the sequel did not make it better either.

@ursaber You put a lot of effort into that thread. Congratulations.

You can't really blame her. Jacen became a monster when he turned into Darth Caedus.

Its somewhat of a relief that out of all the EU characters, the aspect/concept of Jacen reincarnated in Kylo Ren who is like a hybrid of Jacen and Ben Skywalker. If only he wasn't an emo brat most of the time!

I don't care honestly. I just want EU back.

#124 Posted by ursaber (10165 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber You put a lot of effort into that thread. Congratulations.

You can't really blame her. Jacen became a monster when he turned into Darth Caedus.

I don't care honestly. I just want EU back.

I did. I even read through parts of the Clone Saga before I decided to skip it. And the Howard Mackie era eesh!

Jacen became a darksider but he was not even close to Anakin Skywalker's level of evil. He didn't kill thousands of Jedi and children and choked his own pregnant wife, nor did he kill millions by his own hand in his very brief career as a Sith Lord.

Luke redeemed Darth fricking Vader. Luke was aware of all of Vader's evil and yet he still found good in his father. Jacen was still within redeemable/saving parameters. It just bothers me that Han, Leia and Jaina all gave up on Jacen without even trying to save him. By the second book in Legacy of the Force, Han disowned Jacen before he even killed Mara or became a Sith Lord. I mean, damn it, that was your last son and only sibling, how could you not want to try to save him! Luke, whose own wife was killed by Jacen, had more hope for him than anyone else.

I see Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus as kinda like Lelouch/Zero from Code Geass. An anti hero anti villain who became the villain themselves so that the world would be united against a common evil.

I too want EU back. I wish I could edit some parts like prevent Jacen's lame ass death and other bits. Or at the very least, let Legends exist as an AU to the new Star Wars canon that creators can still add to it.

#125 Posted by KrleAvenger (26081 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber:

Jacen became a darksider but he was not even close to Anakin Skywalker's level of evil. He didn't kill thousands of Jedi and children and choked his own pregnant wife, nor did he kill millions by his own hand in his very brief career as a Sith Lord.

Luke redeemed Darth fricking Vader. Luke was aware of all of Vader's evil and yet he still found good in his father. Jacen was still within redeemable/saving parameters. It just bothers me that Han, Leia and Jaina all gave up on Jacen without even trying to save him. By the second book in Legacy of the Force, Han disowned Jacen before he even killed Mara or became a Sith Lord. I mean, damn it, that was your last son and only sibling, how could you not want to try to save him! Luke, whose own wife was killed by Jacen, had more hope for him than anyone else.

I see where you are coming from. I also think there was not enough conflict or emotion related to Jacen's whole situation. And to be honest, overall, I do not think Legacy of the Force books are that great. I think they are pretty good, but not top tier like most of Eu material. It has a lot of really really dumb things like, well, what you said for Jacen. I also hated the fact that they killed Mara for Sith plot device. It felt so forced and unnecessary and kinda shitty.

I see Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus as kinda like Lelouch/Zero from Code Geass. An anti hero anti villain who became the villain themselves so that the world would be united against a common evil.

I think that was the point.

I too want EU back. I wish I could edit some parts like prevent Jacen's lame ass death and other bits. Or at the very least, let Legends exist as an AU to the new Star Wars canon that creators can still add to it.

Of course of course. I don't want them to erase Disney Canon. It has a lot of fans, and it would be disrespectful and hypocritical to ask for it's erasure. Just make EU equally relevant alternate timeline people can focus on.

Anyway, we went a bit off-topic.

#126 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16369 posts) - - Show Bio

Fall in your trolling, I will not.

#127 Posted by ursaber (10165 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger said:

The signs of a long friendship LOL

#128 Posted by KrleAvenger (26081 posts) - - Show Bio
#129 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16369 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@thor_parker82 said:
@krleavenger said:

The signs of a long friendship LOL

Haha :P

@thor_parker82:

No Caption Provided

You will break eventually.

"We'll see".....said a blind man once, but never saw.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.