Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Peter is BACK!!!

• 70 results
    Stewart77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Check out TFAW's new comics! They list Peter as back. look!

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By animehunter

@stewart77: The issues take place before Peters "Death"

This is what I put up on Superior Spider-Man Discussion - POST: #2248

Found more info on Amazing Spider-man 700.1-5

From Newsarama: What We Learned from MARVEL COMICS December 2013 Solicitations

Peter Parker Returns! …Kind ofHeroes never die – not for long at least in comics – and not without a twist. After seemingly shuffling off his mortal coil in last year’s Amazing Spider-Man #700, Peter Parker and the Amazing series are back – sort of.

In December 2013, Marvel will release five decimal pointed issues of Amazing Spider-Man #700 in what the publisher is calling “a special celebration of the original Spider-Man.” According to the solicitations, these won’t deal with Parker’s death and are instead earlier stories of Parker similar to the “Untold Tales” type of stories Marvel’s done in the past.

For #700.1 and #700.2, Rambo creator David Morrell and famed artist Klaus Janson convene together for a story pitting the wall-crawler against a torrential NYC blizzard with the beloved Aunt May’s life on the line. #700.3, #700.4 and #700.5 will have guest creators such as Joe Casey, Underworld co-creator Kevin Grievioux, Emma Rios, Jen Van Meter, Lee Weeks and others doing some timeless tales from Parker’s heyday.

This quintet of Amazing Spider-Man decimal issues marks the first appearance of Peter Parker in Marvel’s core superhero titles in over a year, but with the caveat that they are past stories and not ones chronicling his return. Despite that, this also works as a not-too-subtle foreshadowing of Parker’s actual return to the Marvel Universe in the modern day. We’ve already seen that Doctor Octopus as Superior Spider-Man is having run-ins with various future and past Spider-Man like Spider-Man 2099, Venom and even Scarlet Spider – maybe that means something. Or maybe the cancellation of the Venom and Scarlet Spider titles might be the precursor to a Spider-Man Family type title once again with those characters and some other Spider-Men. But that’s a tale for another day.

Getting back to Parker’s return, Christos Gage told us earlier that Dan Slott is working on “a secret, yet-to-be-revealed title.” Whether that title is a proper return for Amazing Spider-Man and Peter Parker, we’d bet heavy on the original Spider-Man swinging back into comics in the very near future.

Hey, isn’t Amazing Spider-Man 2 coming out in theatres in May? Hmmm….

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd change the title before people get pissy about spoilers.

Stewart77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: oh, okay ... I didn't know all of that. Thanks Animehunter for clearing that all up ;)

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By PeppeyHare

inb4hugewaraboutsuperioranddanslott

embombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By embombs

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!

Stewart77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Stewart77

I'm actually glad this is not a return of Peter... don't get me wrong he should and will come back; but it's just too early. For Marvel to do this right (In my opinion) they should wait a good five years and then once everyone is used to the Superior, bring back the true Amazing Spider-Man. That would be the best way to do it.. sadly, chances are it'll be soon because of the movie.

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

I'm actually glad this is not a return of Peter... don't get me wrong he should and will come back; but it's just too early. For Marvel to do this right (In my opinion) they should wait a good five years and then once everyone is used to the Superior, bring back the true Amazing Spider-Man. That would be the best way to do it.. sadly, chances are it'll be soon because of the movie.

I disagree. I think they should bring Peter back A.S.A.P.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@stewart77: I might stop reading all Marvel titles just out of spite if I have to wait 4 years to see Peter again...Kaine is all ready canceled after this year. not sure how much more i can take.

AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

That's nice but... what's the point if we know where all this ends up?

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GOOD! Maybe tHe fangirls can stop buh itching.

-ABstract4$$#073-

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By spider11211

@m3th said:

GOOD! Maybe tHe fangirls can stop buh itching.

-ABstract4$$#073-

My will people stop calling people names when they discuss something they don't like.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

No he's not.These are flashback meaningless stories.

@w0nd said:

I'd change the title before people get pissy about spoilers.

Exacly.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stewart77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@master_of_suprise& @fallschirmjager : My thought centers around why change the status quo if you are only going to fix it a year (or so) later? What's the point. Now I do want Peter back, and perhaps 5 years is too long... but only one year doesn't work, its a gimmick. I would prefer to have the whole "Superior-phase" be for a needed yet-to-be-revealed reason. Think House of M / Disassembled, it was the set-up for everything we currently see in the Avengers and X-Men today. AvX ended with the return of mutants, yet changed Cyclops; none of this would have occurred without, "No more mutants." Perhaps there is a greater reason behind Superior, I for one, would like to see it played out properly. That's all I'm getting at.

Granted, I could be giving the Marvel team too much credit here ... but it's what I would like to see ;)

MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@master_of_suprise& @fallschirmjager : My thought centers around why change the status quo if you are only going to fix it a year (or so) later? What's the point. Now I do want Peter back, and perhaps 5 years is too long... but only one year doesn't work, its a gimmick. I would prefer to have the whole "Superior-phase" be for a needed yet-to-be-revealed reason. Think House of M / Disassembled, it was the set-up for everything we currently see in the Avengers and X-Men today. AvX ended with the return of mutants, yet changed Cyclops; none of this would have occurred without, "No more mutants." Perhaps there is a greater reason behind Superior, I for one, would like to see it played out properly. That's all I'm getting at.

Granted, I could be giving the Marvel team too much credit here ... but it's what I would like to see ;)

The problem is there is no reason for Superior. Personally I feel the whole thing is a gimmick. It's all been done before. If I want an Anti-hero Spider-Man I'll choose Kaine over Otto every single time. I've seen some people claim that it's a lover letter to Amazing Spider-Man. I sure as hell don't see it that way. I probably wouldn't be as upset if the characters weren't made to be complete morons.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PeppeyHare

@stewart77 said:

The problem is there is no reason for Superior. Personally I feel the whole thing is a gimmick. It's all been done before. If I want an Anti-hero Spider-Man I'll choose Kaine over Otto every single time. I've seen some people claim that it's a lover letter to Amazing Spider-Man. I sure as hell don't see it that way. I probably wouldn't be as upset if the characters weren't made to be complete morons.

True but is there actually a "reason" for any story? They're created to entertain

MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#

@master_of_suprise said:

@stewart77 said:

True but is there actually a "reason" for any story? They're created to entertain

Sometimes there is. Are there people who enjoy Superior? Yes absolutely if there weren't then it wouldn't have any defenders. Do I understand why they like it? Hell no. If this is just a story arc then I can tell you where Peter will end up. Brand New Day part 2.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#

@peppeyhare said:

@master_of_suprise said:

@stewart77 said:

If this is just a story arc then I can tell you where Peter will end up. Brand New Day part 2.

Cant argue that

Avatar image for marionettegeist
    Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys know marvel's just stalling so that they can make as big a deal out of Peters actual return as possible right? He'll be back, and it probably won't even be that long from now. I'm thinking even another year or two might be pushing it. Its a great trick for increasing sales.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#21  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@dctv3363 said:

You guys know marvel's just stalling so that they can make as big a deal out of Peters actual return as possible right? He'll be back, and it probably won't even be that long from now. I'm thinking even another year or two might be pushing it. Its a great trick for increasing sales.

Marvel will probably find a way to make Peter's return coincide with the release of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 next year, using his return as a way to promote the movie while also trying to get in some extra sells with his return in the comics. When you think about it, it's a win-win for Marvel really.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
    Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363 said:

Marvel will probably find a way to make Peter's return coincide with the release of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 next year, using his return as a way to promote the movie while also trying to get in some extra sells with his return in the comics. When you think about it, it's a win-win for Marvel really.

Yep. Its a very smart business move.

Stewart77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Stewart77

@master_of_suprise If its a Brand New Day part 2 ... I sure hope it fixes the whole MJ thing, that just ticked me off.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To all Superior fans "TOLD YA SO!!!" Yes its flashback but still its foreshadow. So I would say count the days Superior fans for your days are numbered in other words, get lost.

RonSiconolfi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i like the superior spider-man but in comics nothing is final- so i never figured otto to be a permanent replacement just a temp- my theory peter comes back in a diff body though perhaps a clone of himself or even kaine? and defeats superior spidey- mayb this time its reverse and peter kills his old body- just as otto did!

seth_magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A) Everyone should have always known Peter Parker would return "somehow." This wasn't about 'if,' it was about 'when.'
    B) Amazing Spider-Man 2 is not Marvel's. It's Sony/Columbia's. When Marvel went bankrupt, Stan Lee sold the movie-rights for Spider-Man to Sony/Columbia, and the X-Men to Fox. I know there were others, but those are the 2 that concerned me the most at the time (and still do). If Marvel times anything with the release of that movie, it will be solely to capitalize on the attention the movie will draw for Spider-Man themed comics, in general. Also - the title is a misnomer. Nothing about the 'Amazing Spider-Man' movies has anything to do with the 'Amazing' line of Spider-Man comics. 'Ultimate' would be the closest Spider-Man title relating to these movies.

C) Superior sucks for infinite reasons, let's not kid ourselves. The reason I feel needs to be addressed at this point is this: Slott's approach has been so misguided, poorly paced, and non-committal that there should no longer be any question in anyone's head as to why this comic exists. It is not to 'entertain,' or to 'go in a different direction.' It is ONLY to farm $$. They made stupid amounts of cash last year. They want to do it again this year. Slott's refusal to committ to anything in the Superior line is a necessity; if the money stops coming in, they need to ret-con ASAP - and they can't admit that they were wrong. It will always have to look like they've "planned it going this exact way since conception." If no one bought Superior, at all, and Marvel had to face up to that - they could've brought Peter back after 3 months, and made it look like that was their intention. Superior had a letter from a fan, to which Wacker responded with "If Superior wasn't a better Spider-Man story, we wouldn't be making any money." Oh, 2 books in and you're already using the 'Shock-inspired' sales to confirm the quality of the not-yet-developed story? Now we know. Now we know what Marvel uses to guide their creativity. Not passion, not commitment to quality story-telling, but money gained from shitting on 50 years of work put out by people who DID have passion, and DID have commitment to quality story-telling.

Peter will come back, but not before Marvel has raped every aspect of Peter Parker's life, name, and concept for quick cash. It's disgusting.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

My Head When I Realised Your Mistake.
    My Head When I Realised Your Mistake.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

DanSlott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DanSlott

@seth_magic said:
    C) Superior sucks for infinite reasons, let's not kid ourselves. The reason I feel needs to be addressed at this point is this: Slott's approach has been so misguided, poorly paced, and non-committal that there should no longer be any question in anyone's head as to why this comic exists. It is not to 'entertain,' or to 'go in a different direction.' It is ONLY to farm $$.

Really?

Am I the only one who remembers, back when scans ASM #700 was illegally uploaded a couple weeks early, all the cries on the internet from "true" fans that "No one would buy SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN!"

That everyone would "drop the title." That readers "wouldn't stand for it." And that it would "crash and burn."

It's astounding to me, that 10 months in-- with the book regularly Marvel's best performing title-- history has been rewritten so that this book was now a predestined financial success-- and the sole motivation for doing it.

I should start giving out stock tips at this rate.

Also, apparently all the people who ARE writing in and saying that they ARE entertained are obviously lying, right? :-)

@seth_magic said:
    if the money stops coming in, they need to ret-con ASAP - and they can't admit that they were wrong. It will always have to look like they've "planned it going this exact way since conception." If no one bought Superior, at all, and Marvel had to face up to that - they could've brought Peter back after 3 months, and made it look like that was their intention. Superior had a letter from a fan, to which Wacker responded with "If Superior wasn't a better Spider-Man story, we wouldn't be making any money." Oh, 2 books in and you're already using the 'Shock-inspired' sales to confirm the quality of the not-yet-developed story? Now we know.

The twice a month nature of this book means that couldn't possibly be the case. Issues are constantly being worked on months-and-months-and-months in advance. By the time ASM #700 was on the stands-- Ryan Stegman was drawing SSM #3, Giuseppe Camuncoli was finished with the two-part Massacre story and was already getting ready for the "No Escape" arc, Humberto Ramos was drawing the Cardiac issues, and-- before anyone had even met "Ghost Pete" in SSM #1, I'd already plotted out the SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN issue where Doc Ock wiped him out of the mindscape.

@seth_magic said:
    Now we know what Marvel uses to guide their creativity. Not passion, not commitment to quality story-telling, but money gained from shitting on 50 years of work put out by people who DID have passion, and DID have commitment to quality story-telling.

Peter will come back, but not before Marvel has raped every aspect of Peter Parker's life, name, and concept for quick cash. It's disgusting.

For all your fan-rage and misinformation-- this IS a story we've been committed to doing. And it HAS been my intention to tell it ever since ASM #600 when I first introduced the story premise of Doc Ock having a year left to live. If you read ASM #699 you can see just some of the seeds we planted between ASM #600 through ASM #700 to show that-- yes-- this was the intent all along. Sorry if that flies in the face of your personal/cynical world view of why we're telling this story. This story has been a long time coming, it HAS been to tell interesting stories that we're invested in, and we're very proud of the passion people are feeling about this run.

And, if you truly feel the need to use a rape metaphor when talking about the developments going on in a comic book, that's something I think we can ALL agree is truly disgusting.

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danslott: Hey Mr.Slott, will the 700.(Number) be canon and effect Superior?

DanSlott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DanSlott

Hi. Confused by your question. Could you please clarify. Are you talking about the numbering or the content of the issue?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danslott said:

Hi. Confused by your question. Could you please clarify. Are you talking about the numbering or the content of the issue?

He means, "Will these particular issues have an impact on the main Superior line,like the Annual did?".... i believe.

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danslott said:

He means, "Will these particular issues have an impact on the main Superior line,like the Annual did?".... i believe.

Yah :D or are they Canon at all :D

and OMFG SLOTT TALKED TO ME O>O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By PunyParker

You are the first person who puts so many exclamation marks on that frase.

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

@thecheesestabber said:

?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

@thecheesestabber said:

?

"Too much hate on Dan Slott" joke.

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecheesestabber said:

@punyparker said:

@thecheesestabber said:

?

I'm just excited anyone with a name in the comic industruy talks to me...

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Mrgreenlantern

@danslott Still feel sales are down to the speculator market and ALOT of people like to have a complete collection of a series. I believe it was issue 698 when we had the big body swap reveal, that issue was so well done i wish you continued to write superior in the same way. When was the last time any of us read a book only to reread it and get a completely different angle on the story. Dan i think its been said in another topic, it comes down to the inconsistent writing of Spock, one minute hes trying his best to be a hero the other minute in the same book hes shoveling the fact hes a superior spider-man down our throats (i.e) when he was willing to risk the little girls life for his own gain

or when he is being interviewed by norah winters,she asks the question regarding reformed criminals. Spocks response is great! the way he takes a moment to think about how to respond.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

@thecheesestabber said:

@punyparker said:

@thecheesestabber said:

?

I know,this is cool when it happens......i remember someone said Scott Snyder was here too....

Bendis answered me one itme,from his Tumblr avvount and i went crazy ! :P

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecheesestabber said:

@punyparker said:

@thecheesestabber said:

@punyparker said:

@thecheesestabber said:

?

I know,this is cool when it happens......i remember someone said Scott Snyder was here too....

But Slott hasnt responded again >.>

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

@thecheesestabber said:

@punyparker said:

@thecheesestabber said:

@punyparker said:

@thecheesestabber said:

?

He has a job,and a life, unlike you. (HA......HA!)

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecheesestabber said:

@punyparker said:

@thecheesestabber said:

@punyparker said:

@thecheesestabber said:

@punyparker said:

@thecheesestabber said:

?

He has a job,and a life, unlike you. (HA......HA!)

No Caption Provided

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecheesestabber: lawl =p lets just bide our time until hes back and hope the writing stays consistent throughout the run of superior

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrgreenlantern said:

@thecheesestabber: lawl =p lets just bide our time until hes back and hope the writing Becomes consistent throughout the run of superior

Dont be like that......at least Mary Jane is written well............

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

@thecheesestabber said:

@mrgreenlantern said:

@thecheesestabber: lawl =p lets just bide our time until hes back and hope the writing Becomes consistent throughout the run of superior

Dont be like that......at least Mary Jane is written well............

Not hating on Slott, I mean everyone who writes Sp0ck seems to give it a different approach

Yost, Slott, Waid, Who ever wrote A+X, etc

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DanSlott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DanSlott

@thecheesestabber: They're canon. They're pre-mindswap though... so chronologically they wouldn't be post-700. But I'm sure Spidey fans will be able to place when/where they could/should fit in. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.