Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Joe Quesada to become Publisher at Marvel?

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

With DAN BUCKLEY promoted to President of Marvel, do you feel that Joe Quesada will be given the vacant spot as Publisher of Marvel Comics? To be fair, Jim Lee is Co-Publisher at DC Comic. Thus, it makes sense for Joe Q to naturally move up to Publisher. With that said, what are the chances of that happening?

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope Not. The Guy Would Probably Effect Comics Badly. I Do Hope He Doesn't Get Much Free Range There And Just Move To Directing.

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

oh God no. The last thing we need is Joe Quesada back enforcing his stupid "keep marvel classic" crap. The only reason books like RYV exist is because his editorial forcefield around OMD has recently been removed.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By ursaber

@darthfury78:

What would the position entail and what kind of power does he have over the properties?

Could he enact another OMD or an editorial mandate?

What is the description of his current duties as Chief Creative Officer?

The guy committed an atrocious, satanic blasphemy with OMD and then with OMIT but I really don't know what he does now. I just hate him for what he did ten years ago to my all time favorite superhero.

knightwriteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By knightwriteri

@ursaber: As chief creative officer for the past five years or so he bears 50% of the blame for Marvel's crappy Disney XD cartoons the rest going to Jeph Loeb and a tiny bit to Bendis. he's also half responsible for all the more negative aspects of Marvel Now, All New Marvel Marvel Nower than Now, Marvel... We can't think of that many adjectives the rest going to Alonso and Bendis.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why....just why..

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: As chief creative officer for the past five years or so he bears 50% of the blame for Marvel's crappy Disney XD XD cartoons the rest going to Jeph Loeb and a tiny bit to Bendis. he's also half responsible for all the more negative aspects of Marvel Now, All New Marvel Marvel Nower than Now, Marvel... We can't think of that many adjectives the rest going to Alonso and Bendis.

Alonso And Bendis Can Work On Television. Same Goes For Slott. Joe Quesada Should Just Go To Do Some Directing.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is all speculation though. It may not even happen

Revive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would probably be a step up from what we have now, but still wouldn't be that good.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revive said:

It would probably be a step up from what we have now, but still wouldn't be that good.

If Joe Quesada becomes Publisher, could you imagine if Bendis gets promoted to Chief Creative Officer? Afterall, Bendis did say that he signed a 10 year deal with Marvel. Thus, I could speculate that Bendis did that as he knew that Joe Quesada might become Publisher. Personally, I wished that Quesada, Bendis, and Alonzo had left Marvel in 2011 to revive Events Comics as I feel that their heart lies in doing Independent comics. Under their leadership, Marvel has become a PC company to the extreme. The company used to allow fans to ask the comic book creators questions about their comic book series. Now, they do not allow outsiders to talk to the writer about their work regarding their characters. This is one reason to why most of Marvel's books hasn't sold very well because they refuse to respond to readers comments or suggestions to their work. One example would be to stop relaunching existing comic book series like Captain Marvel because comic books can not be treated like a Saturday Morning Children's show with their 13 episode run per season...

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well R.I.P. Marvel comics if it may happen.

BlackSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope not. He caused too much damage into Marvel already and I think he shouldn't have any influence at the company anymore. Any creativity or good ideas he had are gone much time ago.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Manchine

If this did happen Joe Q might actually turn things back the classic good way. That would be great! I actually would start reading marvel again.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Manchine said:

If this did happen Joe Q might actually turn things back the classic good way. That would be great! I actually would start reading marvel again.

Joe Q will forever be known for OMD instead of turning the clock back to 1984/1984 and eliminate comic book titles and story lines that lead to the stupid Civil War to begin with.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joe Quesada might be leaving his CCO post for Directing:

Joe Quesada might move on to Directing

To direct a four minute segment. The guy isn't qualified, he hasn't graduated from film school. Actual film directing on a set is very different to putting a storyboard together. Looks like he's going to be mollycoddled by the film crew anyway. He hasn't earned his position moving up the ranks as a third, second or first assistant director. I see it as nepotism on Marvel's behalf with Quesada thrown into the top job just so he can gain some (on set) experience, but he lacks all of the experience and knowledge of jobs leading up to being a director. A good director must be able tell a good story and firmly understand the way cinematic narrative works. IMO Quesada is a terrible storyteller.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.