Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17228 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Is there any possibility of Spidey getting along with Deadpool

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In the near future? they are starting to get to me imo. Ironically they have different motives but are initially the same since both had harder lives as children and still have it rough as adults but they still do good in they're own way. So why does Spidey detest wade still and gets rubed the wrong way with him, do you think if spidey knew more about deadpool he'd start to respect him more like eddie and logan(both are tortured killers but want to do good and are friends with peter). So what's up with peter not liking wade wilson really?

I dont buy that spidey hates him because he has no responsibility and acts like a clown because that would be hypocritical and short sighted of himself to judge a person's characteristics as the value of their convictions which is out of character to me, peter is one of the most sympathetic heroes in the marvel u, i don't see jim having prejudice over people based on moral absolutes, again he's not a saint himself and hes one of the most mouthy and irritating heroes who acts unprofessional and silly of any hero. Captain America would hold such a opinion on characters like deadpool and wolverine, based on the way of moral integrity but not spidey.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always thought they had a mutual respect. Maybe they dislike each other for stealing jokes

SpideyJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They probably will, they're two of Marvel's biggest cash cows so they'll want as many team ups as possible as well as some kind of quippy bromance that will drive tumblr fan girls insane.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By kcomicfan

The way I see it, Peter thinks Wade is a disgusting, morally skewed, clown.

pigstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jimishim12

The way I see it, Peter thinks Wade is a disgusting, morally skewed, clown.

And I think Deadpool thinks Spidey is a self loathing morally judgemental sad clown.

BloodBlunts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey can tolerate wade now that hes trying to be a hero. But the fact that wade is a ruthless killing machine will always put Spiderman on edge and not have full trust

darthdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool should kill him if he disrespects him again

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see that happening, Wade worships Peter and Wade would get his crap wrecked by Peter with moderate ease.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimishim12: At times Spider-Man is that. But I think that Wade has respect for, and likes Peter.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimishim12: At times Spider-Man is that. But I think that Wade has respect for, and likes Peter.

Well, he sort of has respect for Spider-Man more, the storyline at the moment shows he's willing to kill Peter (though he really ought to know who he is given his fourth wall breaking habits)

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they do get along it will be for money and it will be terrible. Peter shouldn't be friends with anyone who murders imo. Wolverine shouldn't be an Avenger or even an X-Men. He should have been arrested a long time ago along with the Punisher. Just because he has powers shouldn't keep him exempt from punishment and Castle doesn't even have that! Wade should be in a psych ward because the entire purpose of such a thing is to keep the insane that are harmful to themselves and the society in check and he is both.

/end rant

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius: That is true. As in the new comics Wade apparently does not know Peter is Spider-Man.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius: That is true. As in the new comics Wade apparently does not know Peter is Spider-Man.

Yeah. Weird, but I'll roll with it if it means more comedic awkwardness

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they do get along it will be for money and it will be terrible. Peter shouldn't be friends with anyone who murders imo. Wolverine shouldn't be an Avenger or even an X-Men. He should have been arrested a long time ago along with the Punisher. Just because he has powers shouldn't keep him exempt from punishment and Castle doesn't even have that! Wade should be in a psych ward because the entire purpose of such a thing is to keep the insane that are harmful to themselves and the society in check and he is both.

/end rant

every comic book character has killed someone at some point. heck, most are directly or indirectly responsible for hundreds of deaths.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jimishim12

/end rant

Peter is about "Action as a reward", he doesn't care about getting paid to save the day. I think Wade would expect Peter not to work for payday because he's too pure hearted. Peter is also friends with Wolverine and Tony Stark, both who have killed people constantly for either the sake of the world or for a personal vendetta.

Avatar image for currentthor2015
    CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@darthdeadpool said:

I don't see that happening, Wade worships Peter and Wade would get his crap wrecked by Peter with moderate ease.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By amazingfantasy

Considering Peter's morals not really, but I wish lol. Wade just wants Peter's approval. :(

Edit: But hey I could say the same thing about the Punisher (and maybe even Wolverine as you said) if they never interacted, so... Who knows. If a writer wants it, it'll happen. :p

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope not. Can't stand Deadpool as a character. Really don't get what the appeal is for an immature bloodthirsty wisecracking smartarse.

But I'll probably still check out the movie when it comes out. :-D

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jimishim12

@magnetic_eye said:

I hope not. Can't stand Deadpool as a character. Really don't get what the appeal is for an immature bloodthirsty wisecracking smartarse.

But I'll probably still check out the movie when it comes out. :-D

Could it be any more obvious, it's why Spidey is so damn popular to, so is it any surprise why Deadpool's main draw as a character comes from being inspired by Spiderman. Well minus the blood and gore.

BTW, replace Blood thirty with selflessly heroic, and there basically the same thing as concepts.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.