Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Is Spider-Man a tough character to write about?

Dark Noldor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1014

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Dark Noldor

I´m no writer (and I don´t like criticing people for their jobs, specially if I can´t do what they can) but I feel that Spider-Man must be the toughest character in Marvel to write about, or at least it appears to be so for the last 10-15 years.
    Call me nostalgic but I remember when Spider-Man´s hard days were to get some money to buy web fluid, hope to get some clean clothes and to get some good pictures. What about when Peter worked with Connors? When all he had to worry about was if Vulture, Shocker, Rhino, Doc. Octopus, the Goblins, Sandman and Electro were teaming up against him? Sure, things change, a lot, but did they changed well for Peter? I guess not. The magic that was Spider-Man is no more and I really don´t know how Marvel can reshape this character in order so he can be funny, entertaining and amusing again.
    RIP Spider-Man

Avatar image for heroic_age_spider_man
    Heroic Age Spider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@Dark Noldor said:
    "I´m no writer (and I don´t like criticing people for their jobs, specially if I can´t do what they can) but I feel that Spider-Man must be the toughest character in Marvel to write about, or at least it appears to be so for the last 10-15 years. Call me nostalgic but I remember when Spider-Man´s hard days were to get some money to buy web fluid, hope to get some clean clothes and to get some good pictures. What about when Peter worked with Connors? When all he had to worry about was if Vulture, Shocker, Rhino, Doc. Octopus, the Goblins, Sandman and Electro were teaming up against him? Sure, things change, a lot, but did they changed well for Peter? I guess not. The magic that was Spider-Man is no more and I really don´t know how Marvel can reshape this character in order so he can be funny, entertaining and amusing again. RIP Spider-Man"

are u ok ? 
    I mean i dont think Marvel kinda buried him 
    its just that times change and so characters ... 
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Give me 1 year, the appropriate salary, and the licensing rights to Spider-Man, and I will give you 36 issues worth of brilliance. I'm not meaning to sound arrogant, but writing is my thing, and I do it damn well.

NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By NexusOfLight
    @FadeToBlackBolt: I could do that in half the time! xP
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @NexusOfLight: Haha, sure, sure :P
    Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    "Give me 1 year, the appropriate salary, and the licensing rights to Spider-Man, and I will give you 36 issues worth of brilliance. I'm not meaning to sound arrogant, but writing is my thing, and I do it damn well. "

A year? I only need 1 afternoon to get an awesome story arc.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.