Is Slott one of the worst Spider-Man writer

• 142 results
#101 Posted by ursaber (10645 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: Well Mayday is the literal culmination of the spider-man mythology given she combines all her parents positive traits and talents and has some of her own as well she is a peacemaker unrivaled in comics and has ended conflicts with goblins sometimes without resorting to violence. As I often put it Peter is the greatest fictional character of all time MJ is the greatest supporting character and Mayday is the greatest hero.

Mayday is the greatest superhero offspring to me. I feel Peter deserves both the greatest fictional character and greatest hero. That's just me. Thing is Mayday is not gonna be canon. I hope they continue their story but her chance to be mainstream is over. RYV has greater chances now. And that's a more grounded story than Mayday's very own expansion of the spider mythos which elevated her significantly to legendary status. Mayday could've been that prophesied savior but I don't want that fate to befall Annie. Let's stay more grounded than outlandish. And this is comics, standard grounded is still pretty outlandish so, there's that.

#102 Posted by DanMarshall (611 posts) - - Show Bio

Todd McFarlane was pretty terrible at writing he should've just stuck to artwork and worked on drawing peoples faces a little more.

#103 Posted by Heatblaze (10408 posts) - - Show Bio

Jose Molina is the worst. Slott isn't great, nor is he my favorite....but he's a better writer than that neckbeard.

#104 Edited by ursaber (10645 posts) - - Show Bio

@danmarshall said:

Todd McFarlane was pretty terrible at writing he should've just stuck to artwork and worked on drawing peoples faces a little more.

What did he write?

#105 Edited by ZariusII (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber

"Torment" I think was one of the stories he wrote and drew (Spider-Man Issues 1-5)

#106 Edited by ursaber (10645 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

@ursaber

"Torment" I think was one of the stories he wrote and drew (Spider-Man Issues 1-5)

That was dark as shit.

#107 Edited by DanMarshall (611 posts) - - Show Bio

Torment was pretty awful, cool pictures but terrible stories. His Spider-Man series he did both jobs for 14 issues then I guess he did some of the crossovers in it. I had a couple of the early issues in "Spider-Man" then picked up that last one that was all landscaped with Juggernaut and i think x force.

#108 Posted by ursaber (10645 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: I know he did the Torment story and then he had his own Spider-Man series he wrote and drew just called Spider-Man before he went to make Image

No wonder it was so dark and gritty I thought I was reading a Batman comic.

#109 Posted by ItsaWorld (2376 posts) - - Show Bio

Todd McFarlane may not be the best writer but he did change how Spider-Man is seen and his cast in certain ways.

• He implemented more of the spider and less of the man.
  • He created the detailed webbing we see today
  • he helped develop and create venom
  • he made MJ's modeling more stylish, fashionable and sexy (he said they just made her look like a Kmart model and this was friggin mary jane!)
  • he made spiderman more acrobatic
  • He attempted to create more dark storylines but with mixed thoughts (he made peter kill the juggernaut with a katana)

He moved to Image after finding Marvel's editorial and higher ups to be very restricting and not giving much credit to creators. He created the famous character Spawn and his company has created the comics Walking Dead, Chew and Infamous. He even has a toy company. Guy has done a lot in his life

#110 Posted by Eto (5359 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah he is. Utter crap.

#111 Edited by ursaber (10645 posts) - - Show Bio

Todd McFarlane may not be the best writer but he did change how Spider-Man is seen and his cast in certain ways.

• He implemented more of the spider and less of the man.
  • He created the detailed webbing we see today
  • he helped develop and create venom
  • he made MJ's modeling more stylish, fashionable and sexy (he said they just made her look like a Kmart model and this was friggin mary jane!)
  • he made spiderman more acrobatic
  • He attempted to create more dark storylines but with mixed thoughts (he made peter kill the juggernaut with a katana)

He moved to Image after finding Marvel's editorial and higher ups to be very restricting and not giving much credit to creators. He created the famous character Spawn and his company has created the comics Walking Dead, Chew and Infamous. He even has a toy company. Guy has done a lot in his life

MJ's character art under McFarlane wasn't all that sexy. The long curly hair, I understand it was reminiscent of the times but it looked more like Jean Grey. I LOVED his Spider Man and at times his Peter Parker but I don't like the way he drew MJ most of the time.

BTW check out my new avatar icon picture thing.

#112 Edited by ZariusII (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved MJ's hair styles and figure in the 1990s, it gave you the impression she and Peter were actually aging and adapting to then-current trends. DeFalco and Frenz kept the 90s look for MJ throughout their Spider-Girl run to reflect her growth (although the Mr and Mrs Spider-Man mini-strips did restore her traditional look)

#113 Posted by ursaber (10645 posts) - - Show Bio

@itsaworld: @zariusii:

She looks really weird. It reminds me of when she changed her hairstyle shortly after her appearance. Kudos for adaptation to the times but still... looking back in retrospect, I wouldn't have changed her classic hairstyle.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#114 Edited by DanMarshall (611 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer the timeless look approach like this.

No Caption Provided

You could pluck this MJ out of the story and place her in any spot of Spider-Man's history and she would fit right in without looking out of place. The same cant be said when she looks like a groupie of def lepard or a go go dancer. Yeah I know she wore weird stuff in this era, but this is just a good example of a great character design that ages incredibly well.

#115 Edited by MarvelMan92 (5356 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:

@itsaworld: @zariusii:

She looks really weird. It reminds me of when she changed her hairstyle shortly after her appearance. Kudos for adaptation to the times but still... looking back in retrospect, I wouldn't have changed her classic hairstyle.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I Love Her Looks Her. Some Of The Times About MJ Is How She's Drawn As Either Too Skinny Or Too Much Of A Model That It's Unbelievable That Peter Would Be With Someone Like Her. I Loke MJ To Be More Of A Regular Gorgeous Woman Like Jane Levy, Holland Roden, Christina Hendricks, AlexandriaTheRed, Jenna Von Oy, And Even Evan Rachel Wood And Even Katherine Mcamara For That Matter . In Short, I'd Like MJ To Look More Like These Pics And These Other Ones As Well:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

I Like Her To Look Attractive But Not Too Attractive Enough To Look Skinny Enough To Be Bulemic. They Should Just Take Cues From Mary Jane's Incarnations Of Artwork Young And Old TBH Or Just Take Inspirations From Characters Like Jean Grey For Example:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

You Get The Gist Of What I Mean. You Know Seeing All Of Jean's Power And Her Personality And History Makes Me Hope That Thewy Do A Spider-Man/Jean Grey Mini Series And I'd Like It If Stuart Immonen Does The Art. As For The Writer Well I Don't Know Really. I Guess I Have To Choose Between Either Chris Claremont, Kieron Gillen, Or Even Robbie Thompson Or Even Kate Leth Or Even Kelly Thompson Or Margeret Stohl Or Even James Robinson Or Even Gerry Duggan For That Matter.

#116 Posted by Eto (5359 posts) - - Show Bio
#117 Posted by ItsaWorld (2376 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

You could pluck this MJ out of the story and place her in any spot of Spider-Man's history and she would fit right in without looking out of place. The same cant be said when she looks like a groupie of def lepard or a go go dancer. Yeah I know she wore weird stuff in this era, but this is just a good example of a great character design that ages incredibly well.

ITS TRUE! Her hairstyle, her clothes, everything in this panel looks good in any spiderman era! The hairstyle works great whether in the past or present and her attire is just spot on. It's perfect for a gal on the move. Her pants are like jeans but her top is hot and makes an ensemble great for any occasion.

In truth, this is my favorite hairstyle for MJ. Long yet sleek with some bangs. It's not too over the top but shows work was put into it.

Also, this is her first iconic outfit. Someone has pointed out on tumblr, MJ has probably 5 iconic outfits people know her for. Most other romances Peter has had, are known for a single outfit.

I dunno how they did it but they designed her so well! Romita is fantaaastic!

#118 Posted by ursaber (10645 posts) - - Show Bio

@danmarshall said:

No Caption Provided

ITS TRUE! Her hairstyle, her clothes, everything in this panel looks good in any spiderman era! The hairstyle works great whether in the past or present and her attire is just spot on. It's perfect for a gal on the move. Her pants are like jeans but her top is hot and makes an ensemble great for any occasion.

In truth, this is my favorite hairstyle for MJ. Long yet sleek with some bangs. It's not too over the top but shows work was put into it.

Also, this is her first iconic outfit. Someone has pointed out on tumblr, MJ has probably 5 iconic outfits people know her for. Most other romances Peter has had, are known for a single outfit.

THAT IS MARY JANE!

MY FAVORITE VERSION!

ABSOLUTELY TIMELESS!

#119 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5356 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@itsaworld said:
@danmarshall said:

No Caption Provided

THAT IS MARY JANE!

MY FAVORITE VERSION!

ABSOLUTELY TIMELESS!

I Like Her Hair But Like I Said I Like Her Gorgeous And Pretty Attractive But Not Incredibly Bulemic. Kinda Like Those Pictures I've Shown Above.

#120 Posted by ursaber (10645 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelman92: Dude the pictures you show of her are still super gorgeous supermodel material. MJ looks beautiful in almost every incarnation. The rest is just Jean Grey. Her first ever appearance is exactly what you want by not being to outlandishly beautiful but still gorgeous. She doesn't look bulemic at all except in some pics you showed of her. I like her classic style with the long sleek dark red hair and sassy but caring attitude.

#121 Posted by Green_Tea (10683 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#122 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5356 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:

@marvelman92: Dude the pictures you show of her are still super gorgeous supermodel material. MJ looks beautiful in almost every incarnation. The rest is just Jean Grey. Her first ever appearance is exactly what you want by not being to outlandishly beautiful but still gorgeous. She doesn't look bulemic at all except in some pics you showed of her. I like her classic style with the long sleek dark red hair and sassy but caring attitude.

Well Yeah, But At Times They Make Her Really Too Skinny And Just Make Her Cheekbones A Little Too Thin. Her First Ever Appearance Is Fine But I'd Rather Have Artists Try To Not Copy That And Try And Make Her Just Regular Gorgeous. Jean Grey Is Just An Example Of How MJ Should Look Especially Ones From All New X-Men By Stuart Immonen And X-Men Forever.

#123 Posted by ursaber (10645 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:

Well Yeah, But At Times They Make Her Really Too Skinny And Just Make Her Cheekbones A Little Too Thin. Her First Ever Appearance Is Fine But I'd Rather Have Artists Try To Not Copy That And Try And Make Her Just Regular Gorgeous. Jean Grey Is Just An Example Of How MJ Should Look Especially Ones From All New X-Men By Stuart Immonen And X-Men Forever.

MJ looks fine the way she is. Its normal for her to be differently drawn seeing as how many artists have handled her over the years.

I detest Humberto Ramos's MJ and most of his art.

My favorite depictions of MJ are John Romita Sr's, Larry Lieber's and Alex Saviuk's (newspaper strip guys), Mike Deodato Jr's and Ryan Stegman's in RYV.

The more she looks like her original appearance the way Romita Sr drew her but with a modern touch the better she looks.

MJ's gorgeous is eternal no matter what. She can transition from regular gorgeous to supermodel gorgeous at will depending on her appearance or personality.

Jean Grey looks gorgeous all the time and not regular. The girl is a living goddess in both power and beauty.

#124 Posted by Green_Tea (10683 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: lol look at her pose, why would Humberto draw her like that?

No Caption Provided

#125 Posted by ursaber (10645 posts) - - Show Bio

@solid_snake97:

She looks like she doesn't have a spine.

Pardon me

MY EYES!

No Caption Provided

#126 Edited by Green_Tea (10683 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: yeah lol, thank god he's not on the book though, it was a pain to look at his art. I prefer J.Scott Campbell's MJ but even then she's a tad bit too skinny. He draws a great Spider-Man though.

No Caption Provided

#127 Edited by ursaber (10645 posts) - - Show Bio

@solid_snake97: She may be drawn skinny but it is still leagues better than Ramos' disturbingly distorted art style. They look like people with spines who know how to make gestures and poses. Also his characters are not so squared whereas Ramos' art depicts characters with very square jaw lines and heads. The guy needs to draw cartoons instead of comics.

#128 Edited by MarvelMan92 (5356 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@marvelman92 said:
@ursaber said:

MJ looks fine the way she is. Its normal for her to be differently drawn seeing as how many artists have handled her over the years.

I detest Humberto Ramos's MJ and most of his art.

My favorite depictions of MJ are John Romita Sr's, Larry Lieber's and Alex Saviuk's (newspaper strip guys), Mike Deodato Jr's and Ryan Stegman's in RYV.

The more she looks like her original appearance the way Romita Sr drew her but with a modern touch the better she looks.

MJ's gorgeous is eternal no matter what. She can transition from regular gorgeous to supermodel gorgeous at will depending on her appearance or personality.

Jean Grey looks gorgeous all the time and not regular. The girl is a living goddess in both power and beauty.

Well You Know What I Mean. She Can Be Gorgeous Or Supermodel Gorgeous. But She Shouldn't Really Be Too Supermodel Grpgeous. I Actually Prefer The Former. I Love John Romita's Version Of MJ But I Like How She's Drawn By Guys Like Mark Bagley, Todd Mcfarlane, Sara Pichelli, Ryan Stegman, And Nick Bradshaw More Especially The Art By The Late Mike Wieringo. I Actually Prefer That Style And How Her Inspiration From Jean Grey Should Look Like Especially From Stuart Immonen. Infact, I Like To See How The Guy Does The Adult Version Of MJ Seeing As How He Only Did The Ultimate Version. I Like MJ Gorgeous. She Can Be Supermodel Gorgeous. But She Shouldn't Be Too Supermodel Gorgeous. I Actually Like John Romita Jr.'s Version Of Her But At Times He Made Her A Bit Too Skinny TBH. I Actually Really Like Humberto Ramos And His Version Of MJ But His Artwork At Times For Some Reasons Makes His Character Disproportionate. I Really Don't Know How Or Why He Does These Things As His Artwork And Designs Should Stayed Still Like Animation But I Like Some Of What He Does Regardless. And Regardless Of How I Like His MJ His Version Of Her Has Some Downsides Being Her Really Too Skinny And Incredibly Boney. His Biggest Problem Of Her Comes From The Last Two Issues Of Slott's Amazing Spider-Man Run. That Handling Of Her Was Really Terrible. And It's Actually Really Something Since Issues Later She Looked Pretty Fine.

#129 Edited by MarvelMan92 (5356 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: yeah lol, thank god he's not on the book though, it was a pain to look at his art. I prefer J.Scott Campbell's MJ but even then she's a tad bit too skinny. He draws a great Spider-Man though.

No Caption Provided

She Looks Fine Here. But The Rest.................Yeah.

#130 Edited by ursaber (10645 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelman92:

Just show me a picture of your favorite depiction of MJ. Just ONE please. I'll show you mine when I find a proper illustration.

No Caption Provided

#131 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5356 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:

@marvelman92:

Just show me a picture of your favorite depiction of MJ. Just ONE please. I'll show you mine when I find a proper illustration.

No Caption Provided

I Have A Few. But So Far My Favorite Depiction Of Her Is From Mark Bagley

No Caption Provided

#132 Posted by modunhanul (453 posts) - - Show Bio

I've read Dan Slott's Superior Spider-man issues and Marvel Now Amazing Spider-man vol.1 Parker Luck only, and those ones are my favorite Spider-man issues.

I'm not sure about current Dan Slott's issues though, is it really that bad?

#133 Posted by DanMarshall (611 posts) - - Show Bio

@modunhanul: Lets put it this way there's a reason the main Spider-Man book isn't doing very well

#134 Posted by ursaber (10645 posts) - - Show Bio

I've read Dan Slott's Superior Spider-man issues and Marvel Now Amazing Spider-man vol.1 Parker Luck only, and those ones are my favorite Spider-man issues.

I'm not sure about current Dan Slott's issues though, is it really that bad?

Superior Spider Man, ASM Vol 3 and ASM Vol 4 are generally bad. In Superior, Peter is not the protagonist and is entirely victimized by Otto. He also damages even more the relationship with MJ and with other characters as well far too much.

ASM Vol 3 is downright the worst volume of Spider Man. Peter is completely incompetent. This is the volume that followed Superior when Peter regained his body and where Silk was introduced.

ASM Vol 4 after Secret Wars, Slott has turned Peter into the new Tony Stark as the CEO of the world's largest corporation in Parker Industries (not kidding). He even has a Spider Mobile, Spider Cycle, Hydro Spider and Web Jet. Batman anyone! This latest volume of Spider Man feels like everything EXCEPT Spider Man.

Basically everything Superior Spider Man and forward is pretty terrible. Slott had his run and now he needs to leave because he doesn't have any creativity anymore. All he's doing is ripping off Iron Man, Batman and Doctor Who.

The best Spider Man book out there is Renew Your Vows written by veteran Spider scribe Gerry Conway, the guy who killed Gwen Stacy in Spider Man's most iconic storyline. Its downright awesome and supremely enjoyable.

#135 Edited by ursaber (10645 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelman92: Okay. I remember that was when MJ announced her pregnancy. Personally my favorite depiction of MJ is Mike Deodato's art of her as I showed you previously. His art is very realistic and anatomical and proportionate. She's beautiful but not supremely beautiful. She catches the eye of many as she's naturally beautiful but distinct at the same time, like there's uniqueness to her. She's neither skinny nor too busty. To me she's just right.

Otherwise I go for classic MJ like she was drawn by John Romita Sr or like she's drawn in the newspaper strip.

My problem with the picture you showed me is that MJ looks too much like Jean Grey. MJ's red hair is darker than Jean's and when its drawn or colored like that it takes away her uniqueness. MJ, Jean and even Natasha may look similar but they have distinguishing features.

#136 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5356 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:

@marvelman92: Okay. I remember that was when MJ announced her pregnancy. Personally my favorite depiction of MJ is Mike Deodato's art of her as I showed you previously. His art is very realistic and anatomical and proportionate. She's beautiful but not supremely beautiful. She catches the eye of many as she's naturally beautiful but distinct at the same time, like there's uniqueness to her. She's neither skinny nor too busty. To me she's just right.

Otherwise I go for classic MJ like she was drawn by John Romita Sr or like she's drawn in the newspaper strip.

My problem with the picture you showed me is that MJ looks too much like Jean Grey. MJ's red hair is darker than Jean's and when its drawn or colored like that it takes away her uniqueness. MJ, Jean and even Natasha may look similar but they have distinguishing features.

Well Said About Deodato's Artwork. I Really Love How He Makes Things More Realistic And Actually Pretty Dark And Noir Like. It Really Draws You More Into The Story. It Actually Really Fits For JMS' Style Of His Run. I Really Think He Should Try Out For Daredevil And Probably Even Moon Knight.

I Like MJ In That Hairstyle. I Think Her Hair Should Look Frizzy Or Messy . While Messy Should Be A Different Kind Of Messy Compared To Jean And Possibly Natasha.

#137 Posted by ursaber (10645 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:

Well Said About Deodato's Artwork. I Really Love How He Makes Things More Realistic And Actually Pretty Dark And Noir Like. It Really Draws You More Into The Story. It Actually Really Fits For JMS' Style Of His Run. I Really Think He Should Try Out For Daredevil And Probably Even Moon Knight.

I Like MJ In That Hairstyle. I Think Her Hair Should Look Frizzy Or Messy . While Messy Should Be A Different Kind Of Messy Compared To Jean And Possibly Natasha.

Alright man, I know what you like. You like funky 80's something MJ with the massive mane of hair all curly and frizzy. I like her original design and any modern design that hearkens back to the original. Dark red and sleek hair.

#138 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5356 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@marvelman92 said:
@ursaber said:

Alright man, I know what you like. You like funky 80's something MJ with the massive mane of hair all curly and frizzy. I like her original design and any modern design that hearkens back to the original. Dark red and sleek hair.

Well Yeah, But I Mostly Want Her To Look Good Instead Of Just Incredibly Skinny And Thin Boned. I Actually Like Her To Look More Like How Stuart Immonen Depicted Jean Grey But With Hair Like Sara Pichelli's And Possibly Mark Bagley Or Possibly A Bit Of Todd Mcfarlane As Shown Above.

#139 Edited by ZariusII (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

Could you guys please stick to the topic? I'm an MJ fan the same as the rest of you, but we should'nt be hijacking this thread to talk about her when people want answers to a straight question regarding Slott. If you want to discuss which artists and depictions suit the character best, make a new thread for it

@modunhanul said:

Dear lord...

You need to read better material. Superior and ASM Volume 4 are simply NOT a decent representation of Spider-Man, or his characters. Nothing past OMD really is. Stick with the JMS era, or the Roger Stern era, or Tom DeFalco's Spider-Girl, Renew Your Vows, or the Newspaper Strip if you want a genuine glimpse into Spider-Man, Mary Jane and others when they're not affected by sloppy writing, editorial mandates, and devil magic.

#140 Edited by DanMarshall (611 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii: I get why you don't like Superior Spider-Man because I hated the very idea of it when I first heard about it, but it seems a lot of people fail to make mention that its not actually about Peter though. If you simply go into to it as a Doctor Octopus story its pretty good up until the end fight with Norman Osborn onwards then it starts to suck again, although I fail to see how downloading his consciousness into Peter works since theres nothing mechanical in his brain. I guess how it begins is kinda frustrating too now that I think about it. It was nice Slott actually did something different with the Doc Ock character for a while but I think it wouldve served better as a What If...? book though because of how it began and ended.

#141 Posted by ursaber (10645 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii: There are two pages of answers before this one. Also there are many other threads that answer this question. In the vine Slott is generally percieved as a bad Spider Man writer. What we were discussing strayed from the main topic but this art show began as a Slott discussion. It happens.

#142 Posted by ursaber (10645 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii: I get why you don't like Superior Spider-Man because I hated the very idea of it when I first heard about it, but it seems a lot of people fail to make mention that its not actually about Peter though. If you simply go into to it as a Doctor Octopus story its pretty good up until the end fight with Norman Osborn onwards then it starts to suck again, although I fail to see how downloading his consciousness into Peter works since theres nothing mechanical in his brain. I guess how it begins is kinda frustrating too now that I think about it. It was nice Slott actually did something different with the Doc Ock character for a while but I think it wouldve served better as a What If...? book though because of how it began and ended.

Superior Spider Man could've been one of the best Spider Man stories ever if Slott hadn't decided to troll fans. He could've restored the relationship with MJ, he could've evolved Peter Parker further, he could've created the coolest Spider Man Green Goblin conflict and he could've something very special but instead he just took a massive dump on Spider Man. Peter should've gotten his body back half way through the series to take on the Green Goblin and that would've been awesome. Instead we got a disaster, Peter's friendships with other heroes was tainted, MJ had that embarrassing Pedro stuff, and the final battle with the Goblin amounted to nothing. It destroyed everything once again.

#143 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5356 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@danmarshall said:

Superior Spider Man could've been one of the best Spider Man stories ever if Slott hadn't decided to troll fans. He could've restored the relationship with MJ, he could've evolved Peter Parker further, he could've created the coolest Spider Man Green Goblin conflict and he could've something very special but instead he just took a massive dump on Spider Man. Peter should've gotten his body back half way through the series to take on the Green Goblin and that would've been awesome. Instead we got a disaster, Peter's friendships with other heroes was tainted, MJ had that embarrassing Pedro stuff, and the final battle with the Goblin amounted to nothing. It destroyed everything once again.

Yeah It Was Kind Of A Cluster@#$% At Times With Instead Of Showing Us How Otto Is Superior To Peter By Inventing His Own Stuff And Showing Us His Own Ideology And How His Life Would Be Different From Peter's We Instead Get Issues Of Otto Being Smarter And Looking Smarter Than Peter While They Just Make Peter Look Like An Idiot. His Friends Couldn't Even Tell Much Of A Difference, MJ Was Written As A Stubborn Idiotic B@#$%, And The Whole Goblin Reveal Was Really Pointless. I Thought That Peter Being The Goblin Or That Norman Having Peter's Face Because Of The Awesome Android Effect Was Kind Of A Dumb Idea But Now It Would've Made Sense And Would've Been Alot Better If It Was Making The Twist More Interesting. Heck, They've Could've Used Former Goblin, Bart Hamilton, As The Goblin All Along. But Instead We Get Norman With A Different Face. The Biggest Insult Was That They Killed Off Kafka After Waiting For Her To Appear After So Long And We Get A Single Issue Of Her Before Her Demise. Years Of Appearances And This Is How She Dies. Real Classy There -_-.

#144 Edited by Punisher_ (121 posts) - - Show Bio

100% Absolutely. He ruined Spider-Man for 10 years. Terrible!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.