Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Is Peter Parker an attractive man?

Avatar image for cannotspellmyname
    CannotSpellMyName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is something I've been wondering as Peter Parker is the superhero I can relate to the most (struggling with financial/social problems, etc). I don't know many subscriber's names but I've seen Peter Parker drawn in very different ways over the years - sometimes he looks like a dork, sometimes he might as well be a supermodel and sometimes he looks quite ordinary. Most of his friends agree that he's a hopeless nerd, but more beautiful women than you can count on your fingers have had crushes on him, most of them falling for Peter Parker alone not knowing about his superhero alter ego. But have these women fallen for his appearance or his personality? Sure, he was bullied in school for being a nerd and an outsider, but that doesn't neccessarily make you unattractive, I know of several kids who were bullied in school who appearance-wise might as well have been models, which perhaps doesn't quite fit in with the common picture of a bullying victim. Though I guess Peter drew more female eyes to him after gaining a few pounds of spider-muscle to his physique. But how physically attractive is Peter Parker supposed to be? I don't imagine he'd be outright ugly, but would you look at him twice?

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Phaedrusgr

Of course he's attractive. He's a good looking nerd with a golden heart and a perfect body.

No Caption Provided

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Gwen Stacy, Betty Brant, Felicia Hardy, Mary Jane,...he's not pulling these kind of girls cause he's ugly

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Otto sure can pick 'em.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Phaedrusgr
    PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

I believe yes...
    He's,funny, kind,sweet,and all this sh*t(HA!...rime.)but he got with MJ,Felicia,Gwen,Betty and other hot girls,not only from that!

No Caption Provided

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about this guy?

No Caption Provided

The epitome of beauty...

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Above average. Women just can't resist that nerd charm.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about this guy?

No Caption Provided

The epitome of beauty...

Aunt May would agree

To be fair on Doc Ock, stunner as pretty hot.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about this guy?

No Caption Provided

The epitome of beauty...

How about that?!

I guess you're having an erection and a man-crush simultaniously....

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By w0nd

This is something I've been wondering as Peter Parker is the superhero I can relate to the most (struggling with financial/social problems, etc). I don't know many subscriber's names but I've seen Peter Parker drawn in very different ways over the years - sometimes he looks like a dork, sometimes he might as well be a supermodel and sometimes he looks quite ordinary. Most of his friends agree that he's a hopeless nerd, but more beautiful women than you can count on your fingers have had crushes on him, most of them falling for Peter Parker alone not knowing about his superhero alter ego. But have these women fallen for his appearance or his personality? Sure, he was bullied in school for being a nerd and an outsider, but that doesn't neccessarily make you unattractive, I know of several kids who were bullied in school who appearance-wise might as well have been models, which perhaps doesn't quite fit in with the common picture of a bullying victim. Though I guess Peter drew more female eyes to him after gaining a few pounds of spider-muscle to his physique. But how physically attractive is Peter Parker supposed to be? I don't imagine he'd be outright ugly, but would you look at him twice?

A few people have made the comment that he cleans up nice, meaning he's hot when he wants to be, and a few of his guy friends point out how he has only been with hot women that should be out of his league. And that short girl in superior spider-man made the comment that she figured he was all looks and no brains, or something to that effect.

young_beamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well he is spider-man so i bet he's pretty built on second glance. he is funny which ladies like and he's the corky, clumbsy, nerd type which girls think is cute. i mean jus look at leonard from the big bang theory he dates penny, there has to be something about nerds that get girls goin.

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's supposed to be very average looking, average height, average hair, average eye color, but a few extra lbs of muscle due to his Spidey powers, but over-all very average. All the girls mentioned above didn't think very much about him when they first met, it wasn't until later that they realized what a good guy he was and then liked him.

aerllyhong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By aerllyhong

Yes, I think so.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
    deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

If anyone's read Super Spider-Man, they'd know the answer to this question. Anna Maria Marconi actually said to Peter, "I

@w0nd said:

@cannotspellmyname said:

A few people have made the comment that he cleans up nice, meaning he's hot when he wants to be, and a few of his guy friends point out how he has only been with hot women that should be out of his league. And that short girl in superior spider-man made the comment that she figured he was all looks and no brains, or something to that effect.

Yep. Anyone who's read Superior Spider-Man knows the answer to this question. Ann Maria Marconi did, in fact, say, "I thought you were some slick guy getting by on his looks..."

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
    saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's pretty attractive (no homo). He just has bad luck when it comes to women.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saiyan_earthling: Thanks for saying no homo! I almost swore that your post meant that you wanted to have sweaty man-on-man action in a pool of your combined bodily fluids while a crowd of lubed, nude transgressors vigorously fondled each other to the tune of the Village People. But you said "no homo" in parenthesis, so we're all good.

No homo, of course.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saiyan_earthling: Thanks for saying no homo! I almost swore that your post meant that you wanted to have sweaty man-on-man action in a pool of your combined bodily fluids while a crowd of lubed, nude transgressors vigorously fondled each other to the tune of the Village People. But you said "no homo" in parenthesis, so we're all good.

No homo, of course.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PunyParker

No homo, of course.

You romantic son of a b*tch!

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By reignmaker

The original version of Peter Parker as conceived by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko was not supposed to be attractive. He was supposed to come off as awkward and kind of gangly. Ditko's work captured this well.

After Ditko left, Romita Sr. took over, and he later commented that he had a difficult time not drawing Parker as a handsome fellow. Stan at first criticized this, but eventually allowed Sr. to do his thing. The result? Spider-Man sales surged. People like glamorous protagonists.

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
    saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No homo, of course.

Gross lol

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LaserLambert

@reignmaker said:

The original version of Peter Parker as conceived by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko was not supposed to be attractive. He was supposed to come off as awkward and kind of gangly. Ditko's work captured this well.

After Ditko left, Romita Jr. took over, and he later commented that he had a difficult time not drawing Parker as a handsome fellow. Stan at first criticized this, but eventually allowed Jr. to do his thing. The result? Spider-Man sales surged. People like glamorous protagonists.

Romita Sr. you meant.

And I have heard this as well.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@reignmaker said:

After Ditko left, Romita Jr. took over, and he later commented that he had a difficult time not drawing Parker as a handsome fellow. Stan at first criticized this, but eventually allowed Jr. to do his thing. The result? Spider-Man sales surged. People like glamorous protagonists.

Romita Sr. you meant.

And I have heard this as well.

Oh yeah. Edited my post. Thx for the catch.

ImperiexSeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He may be drawn as an attractive guy sometimes, but he is usually written as a man with average looks.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate to say this, but a lot of Spider-Man's history can be chalked up to... wish fulfillment. That's sort of the whole point of the character, from the narcissistic perspective. But if a man in real life had Peter's personality, I tell you he could be the most butt ugly kid on the planet, and most of his love interests would still fall for him... maybe it would just take longer, but they would.

FantasyConnect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pete is pretty attractive, but I'm weird about attraction anyway.

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
    TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phaedrusgr said:Of course he's attractive. He's a good looking nerd with a golden heart and a perfect body.

^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^

Avatar image for deactivated-5a6ecb3a200e7
    deactivated-5a6ecb3a200e7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revive:

@revive said:

He may be drawn as an attractive guy sometimes, but he is usually written drawn as a man with average looks.

Not really. Peter Parker has a very muscular build.

FromAPOV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would call him a Great/Perfect Man to a lot of women. Because of several reasons, his an extraordinary genius, has great social skills, can be very funny & entertaining, acts very polite, kind, respectful, loyal and is very charismatic & confident when he needs to be, is extremely brave, strong willed, selfless, responsible and lastly when he gets more serious he can be really badass, cool and intimidating. And that's just accounting Peter's personality, attitude, characteristics and intelligence. If you count in his physical appearance and physical capabilities, than it's even more obvious, because he's quite a handsome man and has a physique on par with Men that have like 7-9% body fat and I think we all can agree that he would have insane stamina when having sexual intercourse and he would most likely act very passionate and confident during sex, as well.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
    ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know it's not canon but this will always make me laugh

No Caption Provided

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

He's supposed to be a nerd... but writer power fantasies mean all the bombshells pursue him anyways.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was average looking on high-school and college as pointed out by pretty much everyone (specially Johnny Storm) that the girls he dated were out of his league.

But as he progressed into an adult, he clearly became a very handsome man, off the top of my head I can recall many instances where he just walks by and a woman points out how handsome he is, it hapened in JMS run when he got his job as a teacher, it happened on Superior when Otto came back to Peter's college, he's been noted to be handsome by women several times ever since he became a full-grown adult.

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine008:

No homo, of course.

nothing wrong with being a homo

I am a homo

After all, I am a homo sapien

actually, everyone of us is a homo sapien

hahahaha

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glaucus:

Pal, you are quoting ancient history from a user who doesn't come here anymore.

Anyone can be homo if they want, but Peter Parker isn't. He's all hetero.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@fromapov said:

I would call him a Great/Perfect Man to a lot of women. Because of several reasons, his an extraordinary genius, has great social skills, can be very funny & entertaining, acts very polite, kind, respectful, loyal and is very charismatic & confident when he needs to be, is extremely brave, strong willed, selfless, responsible and lastly when he gets more serious he can be really badass, cool and intimidating. And that's just accounting Peter's personality, attitude, characteristics and intelligence.

Isn't alot of this more modern/mature/grown up Peter who is like this?

felgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's shaggable

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

@glaucus:

Pal, you are quoting ancient history from a user who doesn't come here anymore.

Anyone can be homo if they want, but Peter Parker isn't. He's all hetero.

Peter is definitely heterosexual, and so am I.

I was making light that the poster just said only homo which is just a prefix which means the same.

That's why I pointed out that all of us are homo sapiens which is the name of the species that all us living humans are a part of.

I have never used the word, homo to refer to a gay person.

I have only used the word, homosexual.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

Yes

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.