Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17244 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Is MJ good for the Amazing Spider-man series?

Kraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kraven

Some people, incluing Joe Quesada have stated that they don't like MJ and think she hampers the story possibilities for Amazing Spider-man.

I disagree. I love MJ's character. She is Spidey's hero. She's a good wife, she encourages and strengthens him. She helps enable him to continue being Spidey. Peter's supposed to be the "John Everyman" and most guys are married. They may not be superheros but they look to their wives for encouragement and advice like any other guy. Their one of the few positive marriages in comics.

Pete's had his share of romantic ups and downs. He lost Gwen and now he's going to lose May, I say give the guy a break.

Other titles like Ultimate Spidey can bring in the youth appeal and do whatever they want with MJ but as far as I've concerned, she's a critical part of Amazing Spider-man.

What do you think?

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Kraven says:

"Some people, incluing Joe Quesada have stated that they don't like MJ and think she hampers the story possibilities for Amazing Spider-man. I disagree. I love MJ's character. She is Spidey's hero. She's a good wife, she encourages and strengthens him. She helps enable him to continue being Spidey. Peter's supposed to be the "John Everyman" and most guys are married. They may not be superheros but they look to their wives for encouragement and advice like any other guy. Their one of the few positive marriages in comics. Pete's had his share of romantic ups and downs. He lost Gwen and now he's going to lose May, I say give the guy a break. Other titles like Ultimate Spidey can bring in the youth appeal and do whatever they want with MJ but as far as I've concerned, she's a critical part of Amazing Spider-man. What do you think?"

I agree with you, however something about MJ bothers me. I've always preffered Black Cat/Felicia Hardy over Mary Jane. Mary Jane's character is just too "good". I think Peter always had more fun, whether he was willing to admit it or not with Black Cat. I do like MJ, don't get me wrong, however I prefer Cat over MJ anyday.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Colt Python says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
    "Kraven says:
    "Some people, incluing Joe Quesada have stated that they don't like MJ and think she hampers the story possibilities for Amazing Spider-man. I disagree. I love MJ's character. She is Spidey's hero. She's a good wife, she encourages and strengthens him. She helps enable him to continue being Spidey. Peter's supposed to be the "John Everyman" and most guys are married. They may not be superheros but they look to their wives for encouragement and advice like any other guy. Their one of the few positive marriages in comics. Pete's had his share of romantic ups and downs. He lost Gwen and now he's going to lose May, I say give the guy a break. Other titles like Ultimate Spidey can bring in the youth appeal and do whatever they want with MJ but as far as I've concerned, she's a critical part of Amazing Spider-man. What do you think?"
    I agree with you, however something about MJ bothers me. I've always preffered Black Cat/Felicia Hardy over Mary Jane. Mary Jane's character is just too "good". I think Peter always had more fun, whether he was willing to admit it or not with Black Cat. I do like MJ, don't get me wrong, however I prefer Cat over MJ anyday."
    Marvel made a what if about Spider-man marrying the Black Cat instead of Mary Jane.Frankly Spidey would be better off with Felicia but I think MJ is perfect for him and his lifestyle."

Really? They did a "What If" with him marrying Felicia? When did it come out so I can get my hands on it.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By warlock360

MJ gives you 2 new reasons to buy the damn comic!

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Colt Python says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
    "Colt Python says:
    "Eternal Chaos says:
    "Kraven says:
    I agree with you, however something about MJ bothers me. I've always preffered Black Cat/Felicia Hardy over Mary Jane. Mary Jane's character is just too "good". I think Peter always had more fun, whether he was willing to admit it or not with Black Cat. I do like MJ, don't get me wrong, however I prefer Cat over MJ anyday."
    Marvel made a what if about Spider-man marrying the Black Cat instead of Mary Jane.Frankly Spidey would be better off with Felicia but I think MJ is perfect for him and his lifestyle."
    Really? They did a "What If" with him marrying Felicia? When did it come out so I can get my hands on it."
    I think it came out in the 80's\Early 90's.I have it on my PC in cbr. format.If you think of a way I can send it to you I will."

Hm... can you copy and paste the images, than PM them to me?

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Copy

You never seen that ec ust go to what if comics on this website and search through it and you will find it.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Copy

here you go ec their was one before where what if he didn't marry mj

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Copy

Colt Python says:

"Copy says:
    "here you go ec their was one before where what if he didn't marry mj
    Wow" />http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/vol/5000/4249/4249-33795-1-what-if-_400.jpg"
    Wow I never realized how bad Felicia looks on this cover..."

yea blond is not her color and pulse it was back in the 80's. Comics kind of got better in drawing now then back then.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Copy says:

"Colt Python says:
    "Copy says:
    Wow" />http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/vol/5000/4249/4249-33795-1-what-if-_400.jpg"
    yea blond is not her color and pulse it was back in the 80's. Comics kind of got better in drawing now then back then."

I liked Todd McFarlene's drawing. He did Peter, MJ, Venom, and the entire Spider-Man series well. I loved his artwork.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Copy

Eternal Chaos says:

"Copy says:
    "Colt Python says:
    "Copy says:
    yea blond is not her color and pulse it was back in the 80's. Comics kind of got better in drawing now then back then."
    I liked Todd McFarlene's drawing. He did Peter, MJ, Venom, and the entire Spider-Man series well. I loved his artwork."

don't know who that is do you have a pic of one of his drawings?

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Eternal Chaos

I don't have one. I wish I had a scanner so I scan some of the books. Matter of fact, he was the guy who introduced Venom.

Kraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kraven

Yeah, Blackcat was cool. I like the idea of Spidey with another superhero but Blackcat didn't love Peter, just the mask. I like how MJ has a wild side, a serious side and a dark past. She's like a real person, a very complex character. She's my favourite superhero wife because she excepts Spidey for who he is, no matter what, she's always supportive. Sue Richards whines too much when Reed's in the lab and Lois Lane was an idiot because she didn't recognize her co-worker without his glasses.

Oh yeah, and I have that What If issue where Blackcat marries Spidey. I think the point of the story shows how Blackcat would never have been a good wife. She's a skank, she needs someone like Wolverine for a "friends with benefits" situation.
    Post Edited:2007-10-31 17:09:14

demental

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By demental

Post Deleted.

demental

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By demental

Post Deleted.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Kraven says:

"Yeah, Blackcat was cool. I like the idea of Spidey with another superhero but Blackcat didn't love Peter, just the mask. I like how MJ has a wild side, a serious side and a dark past. She's like a real person, a very complex character. She's my favourite superhero wife because she excepts Spidey for who he is, no matter what, she's always supportive. Sue Richards whines too much when Reed's in the lab and Lois Lane was an idiot because she didn't recognize her co-worker without his glasses. Oh yeah, and I have that What If issue where Blackcat marries Spidey. I think the point of the story shows how Blackcat would never have been a good wife. She's a skank, she needs someone like Wolverine for a "friends with benefits" situation.
    Post Edited:2007-10-31 17:09:14"

She's still a great character and she's a classic villain. Most people love her. I know I most certainly do. lol

Kraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kraven

Yeah Blackcat is cool. I just don't like her with Parker. I enjoyed her appearances in Sensational Spider-man where she was with Puma and helping Spidey out now and then.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.