Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

if you could be the writer of Spider-man for a year.

• 101 results
    spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By spidey 15

@Guardiandevil83: Well, that's what Dan does with him as i've noticed. It's not something frequent but at least in happens when it should. But the thing with the spider-sense being manipulated in different ways than usual, sounds great to me.

:)

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
    Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@spidey 15 said:

@Guardiandevil83: Well, that's what Dan does with him as i've noticed. It's not something frequent but at least in happens when it should. But the thing with the spider-sense being manipulated in different ways than usual, sounds great to me.

Thanks for the kind words. To be honest Spider-man is a character I could write millions of stories for. Oddly enough he seems to fit in nearly every board of the fantastic. He's been in Space, fought alongside Gods, fought Dinosaurs, and even battled Werewolves. So I could just come up with strange adventures for the web-head until I get a cramp in my fingers and numbness in my culo. lol

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By spidey 15

@Guardiandevil83: Not a problem. Yeah, he does. A character as popular as he is, should eventually be any kind of stories.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#54  Edited By Timandm

@spidey 15 said:

@Timandm: No offence bro, but i wouldn't want you to be a spidey writer. I wouldn't have a problem if spidey ever killed somebody, if at least is written in a decent way. But you give me the strange feeling that you shouldn't be the guy to write such an event.

:)))

Well... Maybe I should have said, "Green Goblin dies accidentally, and in spite of the the valiant efforts of Spider-Man, who risked his own life to save Mr. Osborn. Goblin, who strapped bombs to Mary Jane, Aunt May and her husband, ended up blowing out his own liver. Spidey, working feverishly against time, invented and build a tissue generator into which he placed a section of his OWN Liver in an effort to generate a new liver for the father of his best friend and the man who killed his first love.Despite Spidey's magnificent invention and heroic efforts, Norman Osborne's body decomposed into goo which, sadly, was washed away in a freak acid rain (the acid rain being caused by one of the devices Osborne tried to kill Spidey with). The sadness doesn't end there, unfortunately... The acid rain had the unexpected effect of dissolving every iota of Norman Osborne's blood, tissue, bodily fluids, and DNA. Even his Goblin Glider is gone...

:-) Better? I have another version where Aunt May stabs the Goblin in his eye with a walker....

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By spidey 15

@Timandm: AHAHAHA, That sounds a lot better. :P

I take it you hate Osborn with a lot of passion.

:P

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#56  Edited By daredevil21134

I'd erase Spider-Man Sins Past

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Timandm

@spidey 15 said:

@Timandm: AHAHAHA, That sounds a lot better. :P

I take it you hate Osborn with a lot of passion.

How can you tell? LOL! To be fair, The Green Goblin is one of the best Spidey Villains there has ever been... Unfortunately, Marvel just keeps recycling him... over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over.... and over... and over... and over.... and over... I think it's fair to say, I'm TIRED of him... I'm also very tired of Doc Ock, another great Spidey Villain, and I am BORED TO TEARS with The Lizard...

These are great villains but GEEZE, let them go on to that great big villain..um... place that villains go to when they're done...

I think I'm more tired of these villains than most people, because I've been reading comic books a VERY long time... I've been reading comic books since the 70s... Now, can you imagine how many times Marvel has recycled the villains.... Both Marvel and DC don't want their characters to age or move beyond a certain phase of life... And as such, it sort of constrains things a bit.. Think about this, Spider-Man first showed up on the scene in August of 1962 and he was 15 years old.... Here it is September of 2012 and he's about 25....... The Ultimate universe is even worse... Peter Parker was 15 when he became spider-man in the Ultimate universe... Ten years later he died at the age of ... FIFTEEN......

Franklin Richards was born in 1968 (real time) and he's now just a little over 10... I think I'm rambling... I think my point is, while I would like to see fifty years worth of change, in fifty years worth of comic books, but since they're squeezing 10 years of comic book time into 50 years of real time, it's just not going to happen... As such, Spider-Man can never really grow up, and get married, and have children... AND he cannot get KNEW FREAKING VILLAINS.... We're sort of stuck with recycled Goblin in all his forms...

Now, I will admit, there are certain long time villains I love... The Joker is my favorite... And there's Dr. Doom... But still I'm sick and tired of Norman Osborne... That's my story, and I'm sticking with it...

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By darthfury78

I would conduct a 12-part storyline that would involve Spider-Man and the Black Widow working together in the same manner as was viewed with Jim Lee and Grant Morison's Bat Man: HUSH storyline. In fact, I would do everything in my power to hire Jim Lee and Grant Morrison to work on a Spider-Man x Black Widow storyline that would lead to the introduction of a very important character.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By spidey 15

@Timandm: Hah. I understand what you are saying but i certainly don't mind either. I know Osborn is an overused villain but in an actual spidey comic book, he has yet to appear since 599 and now we almost reach 700. If you don't count his appearances in the Avengers books of course. So basically, we have a lot of years to see him in a spidey book. Of course i totally agree we need a lot of new villains but GG is one of the main arch nemesis of spidey, I don't see him dying anytime soon and i certainly don't want to see it happening anytime soon either.

:))))

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#60  Edited By Strider1992

@Timandm said:

I'm also very tired of Doc Ock, another great Spidey Villain, and I am BORED TO TEARS with The Lizard...

I like current Lizard he's pretty refreshing and has some good story potential. Dr Ock on the other hand should die (which he is probably going to in 699) because he's been threatening to for so long.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Strider92: Hmm seems like everyone's had enough with Otto. I'm getting a sort of Anti-Hero feel from Connors right now but I don't know how long that'll last.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#62  Edited By Strider1992

@Deranged Midget: Well i'm not really fed up with him I just think he's kind of run his course for the moment. If I were to continue using him i'd push him over to the Scarlet Spider for an arc or two. Kaine did kill Otto after all so there'd definitely be some tension.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#63  Edited By StMichalofWilson

Spider-Man mentors Alpha to becoming a better hero

Spider-Man confronts Thanos

Spidey and Spider-Woman have a secret relationship

Peter and Mary Jane will eventually come back together

Spider-Man would lead the Avengers into war againt Dr. Doom

The Green Goblin returns

A new hero is introduced

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aaunderoath: Thanks man

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By darthfury78

@spidey 15 said:

@Timandm: Hah. I understand what you are saying but i certainly don't mind either. I know Osborn is an overused villain but in an actual spidey comic book, he has yet to appear since 599 and now we almost reach 700. If you don't count his appearances in the Avengers books of course. So basically, we have a lot of years to see him in a spidey book. Of course i totally agree we need a lot of new villains but GG is one of the main arch nemesis of spidey, I don't see him dying anytime soon and i certainly don't want to see it happening anytime soon either.

The one villain who has yet to appear in Spider-Man is Mystique herself. She would be a villain who knows about Spider-Man from the beginning. And she might have appeared in the form of the Black Cat as well as Carlie Cooper and Mary Jane.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By spidey 15

@darthfury78: Mystique is a decent villain and i like how she could be used, but i don't see here appearing in ASM at all... :(

Avatar image for darth_brendroid
    darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#67  Edited By darth_brendroid

Probably dust off an old character who hasn't seen much use and make them the 'big bad' of a year-long 'season' seeing Spider-Man grow as a character. I would have done Jackal, but he's had an arc recently (though by the time I get there, maybe he won't have been used in a while?).

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#68  Edited By Backflip

@fodigg said:

I'd spend my year making MJ relevant to Parker's life but while distancing them romantically because I dislike the current, teasing status quo of the "are they dating? I don't get it." This would include:

• Just giving MJ powers already, or maybe just giving her a "web-shooter gun" and she doesn't fight crime so much as gets into trouble but is able to get herself back out of said trouble. (objective: remove any vestigial "damsel in distress" element)
    • Give both Parker and MJ new love interests, although keep Cooper in the picture. (objective: shift Peter & MJ's status away from "star crossed lovers" by showing, at least potentially, they're compatible with other partners)
    • Give them a working relationship so there's a reason for them to hang out other than just wanting to see each other. This could be as simple as MJ's becoming the official bar of the Horizon Labs' staff. (objective: let them bump into each other instead of having to seek each other out, which makes it look like their making each other special priorities. Also, it allows you to consolidate his supporting cast into one group.)
    • After they're established apart in different relationships and lives, throw a wrench in their respective love stories so they can have one final night together romantically. (objective: to acknowledge what they've had before—or I guess, what "could have been"—while showing via the afterglow that they simply no longer work, and they can't go back to that relationship. Do this via bittersweet nostalgia and a lack of "spark", not through anger or regret.)
    • Final arc of the year: MJ is pregnant, and she doesn't know if it's Peter's, but it probably is. Paparazzi find out and swarm both of them, complicating their lives (and Spider-Man's). (objective: put "mister responsibility" in a real situation to test that mantra, not a "heroic" test of it. Provide a potential link for them that won't be easily broken even though they're established apart.)
    • Final issue: Peter wants to do right by MJ and is willing to quit everything—both Spider-Man and the job at Horizon Labs—to be Mr. Dad, but MJ tells him 1) the world needs Spider-Man, 2) the world needs Peter Parker the inventor, 3) as a celebrity and successful club owner she's financially capable on her own, 4) they both know they don't belong in a marriage, and 5) the baby isn't his. Peter is relieved but still concerned for MJ being a single mom. MJ tells him she's actually looking forward to being a mother—that she's ready for the responsibility—and that he'll have to just be a "good uncle" to the baby. Last panel reveals that the baby is Peter's, and MJ lied. (objective: May "Mayday" Parker, a good hook for future drama, and a promise of a lasting relationship with MJ for her fans, but a reinforcement of the "single Peter Parker" status quo.)

I know some people might feel the above would age Parker too much, but he's not exactly a teenager even in his current status quo. I think there's a lot of story that can branch out from the above.

Best answer so far, and the one I'd be most intrigued by reading.

However, like many other guys, I'd be fairly intrigued to see Peter deal with Aunt May's death and perhaps coincidently, the return of Norman Osborn to his life.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By darthfury78

@spidey 15 said:

@darthfury78: Mystique is a decent villain and i like how she could be used, but i don't see here appearing in ASM at all... :(

Blame that on the current writers who don't want her in the series. Why do you think Marvel cancelled all of Spidey's satellite titles so that ASM could be published twice a month? I wished that Marvel would finally bring the Black Widow x Spider-Woman into Peter's as they have done with Julia Carpenter. And for them to do a spinoff series that features Madam Web(Julia) assigning cases for the Black Widow, Ezekiel Sims, Devil-Spider, Spider-Woman, Kaine, and Peter to work on respectively as well as working together on occasion for the big story arc.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By spidey 15

@darthfury78: I don't think she would be that important though. I think we have a lot of characters that needs to be used that Mystique is almost unnecessary. Though, i do agree about the Black Widow x Spider woman. It would be a nice arc seeing all those spider related characters working together. Like in Grim Hunt( not exactly working together, but gathering ) or spider island.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Timandm

@Strider92 said:

@Timandm said:

I'm also very tired of Doc Ock, another great Spidey Villain, and I am BORED TO TEARS with The Lizard...

I like current Lizard he's pretty refreshing and has some good story potential. Dr Ock on the other hand should die (which he is probably going to in 699) because he's been threatening to for so long.

Actually, since no one in the Marvel universe except Uncle Ben actually STAYS dead, perhaps having Doc Ock constantly near death is a better option... You know, have him weak and claiming that he's near death and kept alive only by machines, etc.... If he dies, then Marvel will just bring him back with even more power and more irritating appearances.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Timandm

@spidey 15 said:

Okay... I had a thought... It happens.

SPIDEY FACES ALL OF HIS GREATEST VILLAINS, AND NONE OF THEM...

• Spidey is attacked The Rhino. Rhino's depression and rage have driven him insane. He wants Spidey dead. It's an all out free for all in which an entire building (A skyscraper marked for demolition)
    • Naturally, Spider-Man digs himself from the rubble, barely alive and (sigh....) he pulls the Rhino from the wreckage. However, Rhino's hide is badly torn and reveals (drumroll) THE SCORPION was wearing a Rhino disguise!!!
    • Turns out, Scorpion has been hired to kill Spider-Man and bring his corpse back to (mysterious boss)
    • An even BIGGER fight breaks out! The fight takes them all over New York until they somehow end up in the lab of Peter Parker, where Spider-Man uses his scientific acumen to alter the molecular structure of the metal in The Scorpion's exo-skeleton.
    • Spidey then bashes the skeleton off of The Scorpion but he doesn't find Max Gorgon inside... Instead, he finds MYSTERIO! BUH WA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!
    • Mysterio, naturally, has an exit plan. His ship appears out of nowhere and he leaps onto it like Qui-Gon leaping away from Darth Maul on Tatooine.
    • Max Lodell slaps some Jets on Spidey's ankles and he goes after Mysterio. While sticking to the underside of the jet, he bashes his way in and webs mysterio to the cockpit so he can't bail out....Unfortunately, Spidey ruptured a fuel line as he bashed his way into the plane...
    • The plane explodes into a HUGE fireball, and what's left crashes into Appalachian Mountains not too far from Washington D.C..
    • Spider-Man pulls himself from the wreckage, again near dead. and again, he (sigh...) pulls the bad guy from the wreckage. Mysterio's helmet was shattered in the crash and Spidey see's that it is not really Mysterio he's been fighting, but rather..... THE CHAMELEON!!!
    • By this point, Spidey is sick and tired of the changing villains routine and simply bitch-slaps Chameleon.... Unfortunately, he knocks Chameleon's skin off to reveal that the villain is actually...DOC OCK!!! BUH WAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!
    • Dr. Octopus is STILL DYING and he STILL JUST A FEW BREATHS AWAY FROM DEATH, but he's wearing a robot body which has enabled him to pretend to be all those other villains. Doc knocks spidey unconscious and drags him up to to DC because he wants to impale Spider-Man on the top of the Washington Monument.
    • Spider-Man wakes up to find that Doc Ock is holding him up and JUST about to slam him down on the point of The Washington Monument. Spidey REFUSES to let a national treasure be defiled and he digs down deep and finds reserved Spider Strength.
    • Not only does Spider-Man break free, but he goes to an almost Wolverine-Berserker's fury and pummels Dr. Octopus all the way to the ground. the Doc's robot body breaks open but it is not Otto Octavius we find inside, but rather... NORMAL OSBORNE! (More evil laughter here.)
    • Norman claims he has no idea what he's doing there and no memory of anything after the day he attacked Asgard...
    • Spider-Man bitch-slaps Osborne (just on principle) then allows the men in white to put a straight jacket on the goblin, I mean Osborne, and take him away...
    • In true Marvel fashion, Spider-Man is issued a citation for damaging the Monument. To add insult to injury, Mayor J. Jonah Jameson publishes an article trashing Spidey and encourages the citizens of New York City to treat Spider-Man the way a baby treats a diaper, ESPECIALLY if he saves their lives.

There... And then Marvel gives us 1.5 years without recycled Spidey Villains... (Sure, that would never happen, but it's a nice thought.)

In Round Two, CARNAGE IS PISSED FOR HAVING BEEN LEFT OUT OF ROUND ONE (and it starts all over again...)

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By spidey 15

@Timandm: Dude.... your fantasy impress me a lot. That wouldn't be a bad arc at all. It would make an insanely interesting fight. And i'm serious, i would like to see this happen.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#74  Edited By Superguy0009e

Do something crazy, like throw him into space.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Timandm

@spidey 15 said:

@Timandm: Dude.... your fantasy impress me a lot. That wouldn't be a bad arc at all. It would make an insanely interesting fight. And i'm serious, i would like to see this happen.

That settles it... You and I are both twisted... LOL! But you know... Someone mentioned earlier that Mystique would be a great villain for Spidey. SHE could pull something like that off...

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By spidey 15

@Timandm: AHAHAHA, Indeed, i'm very twisted... lol ;p

Yeah, she could pull something similar, though she could be written in a lot better way. That insane strategy you came up with would only fit to Osborn.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Timandm

@spidey 15:

True... BUT>.. What if , Mystique only wanted to APPEAR as Osborne... She would have to pretend to be insane.. as such, she'd have to act insane... So, the whole insanity act would the the sane plan of a master assassin! In spite of the fact that it sounds stupid even as I'm saying it.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By spidey 15

@Timandm: Does the fact that i believe that this arc would eventually be epic, makes me even more twisted? :P

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Timandm

@spidey 15: :Yes... Yes it does... Shall we write it?

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By spidey 15

@Timandm: Ahahaha, why not. You the write, me the artist.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By darthfury78

@spidey 15 said:

@darthfury78: I don't think she would be that important though. I think we have a lot of characters that needs to be used that Mystique is almost unnecessary. Though, i do agree about the Black Widow x Spider woman. It would be a nice arc seeing all those spider related characters working together. Like in Grim Hunt( not exactly working together, but gathering ) or spider island.

I think that Mystique could work in the Spider-Man stories in connection to her dead lover Destiny. And there might be a deep connection between Peter x Raven in connection to his Parents and Grandparents past working for the Government. And Mystique would appear as an enemy towards Spider-Man, but she's secretly his biggest fan in helping him indirectly through her disguises. One of which could have been Jean DeWolf or Carlie Cooper for example.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By spidey 15

@darthfury78: These kind of deep story arcs would make for an enjoyable read i could say. I think it could work pretty nice. Also i would much prefer for Mystique to be as DeWolf. That would make the story much more interesting i believe.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#83  Edited By TheCannon

Forget what I posted earlier. I would have a one year long storyline called Spider-Wars, featuring various spider-realted characters. Some of them would be:

• Spider-man
    • Mary Jane
    • Black Cat
    • Eddie Brock
    • Norman Osborn
    • Electro
    • Mysterio
    • Hydro-Man
    • Puma
    • Dr. Octopus
    • Aunt May
    • Scarlet Spider

I don't have a main plot off the top of my head, but here's some stuff it would include:

• Black Cat becomes Spider-man's main love interest
    • Norman Osborn returns one last and FINAL time
    • Norman leads the most recent Sinister Six roster (with himself, Electro, Mysterio, Hydro-Man, Puma, & Dr. Octopus)
    • Spider-man's deal with Mephisto is no longer in tact.
    • Mary Jane is killed.
    • Spider-man gets a new costume
    • Norman is killed by Spider-man.
    • Have him leave any and all Avengers and Fantastic Four teams
    Spider-man's new costume along with Norman's new costume. Cover to the final issue in storyline
    Spider-man's new costume along with Norman's new costume. Cover to the final issue in storyline
    deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#84  Edited By deadpoolrules

@TheCannon said:

Forget what I posted earlier. I would have a one year long storyline called Spider-Wars, featuring various spider-realted characters. Some of them would be:

• Spider-man
    • Mary Jane
    • Black Cat
    • Eddie Brock
    • Norman Osborn
    • Electro
    • Mysterio
    • Hydro-Man
    • Puma
    • Dr. Octopus
    • Aunt May
    • Scarlet Spider

I don't have a main plot off the top of my head, but here's some stuff it would include:

• Norman leads the most recent Sinister Six roster (with himself, Electro, Mysterio, Hydro-Man, Puma, & Dr. Octopus)
    • Mary Jane is killed.

Didn't liked that much,Osborn isn't Hobgoblin and won't use his costume at any conditions,MJ is really a key character in Pete's life,Black Cat wouldn't be the main love of Pete,she already said that.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#85  Edited By TheCannon

@deadpoolrules said:

@TheCannon said:

• Spider-man
    • Mary Jane
    • Black Cat
    • Eddie Brock
    • Norman Osborn
    • Electro
    • Mysterio
    • Hydro-Man
    • Puma
    • Dr. Octopus
    • Aunt May
    • Scarlet Spider

• Mary Jane is killed.

Didn't liked that much,Osborn isn't Hobgoblin and won't use his costume at any conditions,MJ is really a key character in Pete's life,Black Cat wouldn't be the main love of Pete,she already said that.

Only reason Osborn has that costume is becuse that's all I could get with Spidey's costume.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By renamed040924

@fodigg said:

I'd spend my year making MJ relevant to Parker's life but while distancing them romantically because I dislike the current, teasing status quo of the "are they dating? I don't get it." This would include:

• Just giving MJ powers already, or maybe just giving her a "web-shooter gun" and she doesn't fight crime so much as gets into trouble but is able to get herself back out of said trouble. (objective: remove any vestigial "damsel in distress" element)
    • Give both Parker and MJ new love interests, although keep Cooper in the picture. (objective: shift Peter & MJ's status away from "star crossed lovers" by showing, at least potentially, they're compatible with other partners)
    • Give them a working relationship so there's a reason for them to hang out other than just wanting to see each other. This could be as simple as MJ's becoming the official bar of the Horizon Labs' staff. (objective: let them bump into each other instead of having to seek each other out, which makes it look like their making each other special priorities. Also, it allows you to consolidate his supporting cast into one group.)
    • After they're established apart in different relationships and lives, throw a wrench in their respective love stories so they can have one final night together romantically. (objective: to acknowledge what they've had before—or I guess, what "could have been"—while showing via the afterglow that they simply no longer work, and they can't go back to that relationship. Do this via bittersweet nostalgia and a lack of "spark", not through anger or regret.)
    • Final arc of the year: MJ is pregnant, and she doesn't know if it's Peter's, but it probably is. Paparazzi find out and swarm both of them, complicating their lives (and Spider-Man's). (objective: put "mister responsibility" in a real situation to test that mantra, not a "heroic" test of it. Provide a potential link for them that won't be easily broken even though they're established apart.)
    • Final issue: Peter wants to do right by MJ and is willing to quit everything—both Spider-Man and the job at Horizon Labs—to be Mr. Dad, but MJ tells him 1) the world needs Spider-Man, 2) the world needs Peter Parker the inventor, 3) as a celebrity and successful club owner she's financially capable on her own, 4) they both know they don't belong in a marriage, and 5) the baby isn't his. Peter is relieved but still concerned for MJ being a single mom. MJ tells him she's actually looking forward to being a mother—that she's ready for the responsibility—and that he'll have to just be a "good uncle" to the baby. Last panel reveals that the baby is Peter's, and MJ lied. (objective: May "Mayday" Parker, a good hook for future drama, and a promise of a lasting relationship with MJ for her fans, but a reinforcement of the "single Peter Parker" status quo.)

I know some people might feel the above would age Parker too much, but he's not exactly a teenager even in his current status quo. I think there's a lot of story that can branch out from the above.

I think this could work, it's certainly a game changer and some people may not want to see it, but I like it.

AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#87  Edited By AllNewOverseer

1st Arc-Peter is being stalked by a something that is fast enough to get in many quick shots at him then vanish. Eventually he manages to trap his stalker reveling Shathra, who survived her ordeal in the temple and was forced to eat her own children to survive. Now considering her vendetta against Spider-Man personal. Shathra viciously assults him and nearly kills him. Over the next few days, Peter tries to use his new tech to fight Shathra but in her rage and hate manages to force her way out of Spider-Man's traps and savagely beat him, eventually reveling a rage mode similar to an Eva Unit 01 complete with open maw (and visible wings). Eventually, Peter is forced to confront her directly and is maimed, the fight recking Horizon Labs, where MJ and Carlie are looking for Peter due to MJ finding him injured and Peter avoiding Carlie (due to said injuries). There, seeing Shathra beating Spidey MJ does what she can to distract the beast but when Sharthra comes to elimenate her, Carlie pushes MJ out of the way being impaled in her place in a heroic sacrifice. Spidey, enraged manages to use the tech around the wrecked lab to incompacitate Shathra, though he finds himself unable to kill even Shathra who he thinks as an animal driven mad by grief. While the Avengers take Shathra into custady, Spidey collapses from his injuries with the Avengers and MJ looking over him as he blacks out... waking up to the face of Mephisto in Hell with the red string of fate with the red string of fate now tied around his finger and Peters.

2nd Arc-With Peter in a coma and Carlie dead, Mary Jane is begining to feel alone when her Father returns into her life. Driven out of her own house by him, she eventually finds herself back at Peter's hospital bed. Where she then laments the good times she had with Peter until she comes accross the memory of their going to France. She couldn't recall WHY they went to France so soon after a botched wedding. Then there was her pregnancy during the clone fiasco that seemed to clash with her thinking concering children when she broke off with Peter and very much now. As she thinks of the odd inconsistancies with her life and the events concerning the failed marriage she is stricken by an image of Mephisto with Peter's soul in his possession, taunting Peter about how Peter's sacrifice was an elaborate plan to forever condem an innocent soul to Hell, letting He-From-All-Above exist knowing a great hero will forever unjustly be trapped in his domain. MJ now knowing Peter's soul is trapped in Hell, goes to the Avengers and FF only to find them gone on missions. So she gathered any and all people willing to help Spidey, including Deadpool, Black Cat, Firestar and Iceman with aide from Loki in return for helping him earlier with his daughter. The five storm into Hell and when they are imprisoned, Spidey breaks his bonds and the six manage to break free out of Hell.

TBC

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

@Death Certificate said:

1. Make an issue regarding to mattie franklin's death
    2. Make a huge crossover with venom, scarlet spider and madam web with the return of morlun
    3. Peter & MJ go back together
    4. Have issue with Aunt May dying, with her soul forever belonging to Mephisto as punishment for making the deal.
    5. Use some Spidey's underused villains (like hyrdoman or puma) with a different re-imaging
    6. Kill off Harry Osborn
    7. Bring back the Prowler
    8. Keep peter's brains
    9. Make peter do something in the New avengers which isn't just comedy relief
    10. Bring back the walrus for the lulz

That's all I have for now

I like your ideas. I would probably start reading Spider-Man again if they did this. I especially like #4.

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Madame_Mist

Get rid of/kill/eliminate Carlie Cooper. That is all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6179a9df861
    deactivated-5d6179a9df861

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@Overseer: I like this a lot, and nice to see you remember old acts, like the one with Loki and his daughter :) again very awsome :D

Avatar image for deadpoolicidy61
    Deadpoolicidy61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Deadpoolicidy61

I would do a mini series about bruce banner. before he was the hulk got bit by a radio active spider and spill became the hulk

PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By PaperDemon

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Strider92: i love MJ, :)

Lol MJ sux no offense.

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Moonchilde: Thank you :)

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#94  Edited By mewmdude77

1. Peter learns that Mysterio is on the loose, so he goes to stop him, but Mysetrio tries to trap him in a dream like stasis using his hypnosis, but Peter resists, and defeats Mysterio while Aunt May tries to visit Peter at his apartment.

2. Have Aunt May stumble upon something that makes her remember Peter is Spider-Man, and that he and MJ were married, but they made the deal with Mephisto.

3. Have Aunt May confront Peter about the deal with Mephisto, Peter get mad, and yells at her that he didn't want to lose her, and then Aunt May has a heart attack from Peter yelling at her, and she dies.

4. Have Aunt May's last words be something were she tells Peter to get back with MJ.

5. Have Peter run off to find MJ, but he can't find her.

6. Then all of a sudden, he gets a call on his phone and it turns out to be Jackal, telling Peter that he, Norman Osborn, and Doc Ock have kidnapped MJ, JJJ sr. , Harry Osborn, and Carol Danvers (they're using power dampeners).

7. Peter rushes over to the place they're keeping the hostages, and a big fight breaks out, accidently killing Harry and MJ, but knocking out the dampeners, so Carol starts getting her powers back.

8. Peter rushes to MJ's side as she dies and MJ tells him she loves him, and then passes.

9. Peter becomes very mad, and pummels the villains so badly, he kills them all, not knowing that from the begginning of the fight Doc Ock was recording it, so all of New York just saw Peter murder three people.

10. JJJ sr. walks over to Peter, and takes off his mask without knowing about the cams, while telling him he knew who he was, and he feels bad for Peter

11. Peter swings off, with Carol trying to follow him, but she's still weak. She eventually catches him at a spot where he goes to think, where she tries to comfort him.

12. Peter wants to quit being Spider-Man, but Madame Web appears, and tells him if he quits, it will cause dire consequences, but it he lets Carol help him, things will be good

13. Peter sighs, but agrees, so Peter and Carol get together, and work through Peter's extreme guilt, while fighting tons of villains together (both had quit the Avengers to focus on Peter's healing) reintroducing minor Spidey villains, and dealing with Black Cat's jealousy.

14. a year later, Peter and Carol decide to get married, and Ben Reilly pops up again, so Ben becomes Spider-Man, and Peter and Carol have their honeymoon, and stuff.

15. All of a sudden, Peter wakes up, realizing it was all a dream that Mysterio put in his head, and he actually defeats Mysterio, but is feeling happy, yet sad at the dream he lost. (cause I think it all being a dream would be a total mind fuck to the fans, and an amazing twist.)

Jigvell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Jigvell

Kraven is still out there. Maybe sequel to Grim Hunt could be great storyline. Kraven can die only by hand of Spidey, they should do something about it.

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#97  Edited By JimTheSurfer

I would make him to start killing villains. That would be the shit.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By darthfury78

@Madame_Mist said:

Get rid of/kill/eliminate Carlie Cooper. That is all.

Carlie Cooper was named after Joe Q's daughter. I say replace Carlie Cooper for Betty Brant.

ShiningLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By ShiningLegend

Yayyyy, you give me a chance to share my story which I've wanted to write! This is an example of some of the writing I would like.

My first major story arc would be take place several months after Gwen's death, it needs lots of adjustment to fit continuity and timeline, and filling maybe a few plot holes, but here you go:

As of all classic Spidey tales, Spider-Man is swinging across Manhattan (thinking about Gwen's demise as a matter of fact as it takes place years after her death). He encounters a common street thug with a device that causes Spider-Man's wall crawling to cancel out. In the following days, even more of these thugs with similar technological "anti-spidey" weapons occur; Spidey managing to defeat them all but is unable to trace the devices to a source. Spider-Man initially suspects a blackmarket trade involving Quentin Beck; who is then verified to be locked within Ravencroft Institute. Spider-Man analyzes the devices to find out that the creator had an incredibly precise knowledge of spidey's signature and biology; moreso than he has ever encountered before (my story is still in his earlier years). While fearing that his genetic code has been confiscated, Peter Paker begins growing extremely anxious (which does not react well to his studying time at ESU) and avoids dropping hair and makes extra effort to protect his genetic code (Gattica style). After some detective work, one of the stolen devices is retraced to Oscorp; ironically because of his recent thinking about the Green Goblin. He finds that the BioChemical/Biological Section is still secretly running (if you recall, it was run by Mendel Stromm who was involved in the Globulin Green before being fired by Norman). Spidey eventually discovers that his DNA is being used to create "Spider-Soldiers" with spider-sense, reflexes, and strength. The technology leak was a result of a surviving member of the bio-division who leaked a few devices to some minor street gangs in order to bribe some of Goblin's influenced gangs (being assassinated, that is). Spidey collects data that he can and returns to his apartment and later has a dealing with shocker. Spidey is en route to the Oscorp zone when he is assaulted by four prototype spider-soldiers. Spider-Man narrowly escapes with his life and realizes that the one individual that has any "record" of Spidey's DNA is the individual named "Eddie Brock" AKA Venom. Spidey realizes that the venom symbiote, which was bonded with himself once, contained his genetic code. Spider-Man then goes searching for Eddie Brock; and after another few issues finds him. Because they had a recent truce because of Spidey recently saving Ann Weying, Venom agrees to aid Spidey in seeking out the spider-soldiers (who are acting as sleeper agents in the new york poplace). Because the soldiers have spidey's DNA, Venom can track each one down without their Spidey sense triggering off. Spidey and Venom (later) go into a climatic battle against the Soldiers and defeat them and destroy all ties to the black market. The cliffhanger would be that the final scientist (the one who leaked the technology) is murdered by a pumpkin bomb outside of town. Spider-Man and Venom part ways and Spidey swings into the skyline.

ShiningLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By ShiningLegend

@ShiningLegend: Oh, by the way, left out that Venom's symbiote was confiscated after he was in custody at the Vault (which he later escaped). The Vault had a few internal Oscorp "dirty-work" operatives.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.