how fast is Spider-man?

• 135 results
#101 Posted by randell1985 (126 posts) - - Show Bio

@segamarvel: yea science says a normal human would only have to run at about 60 mph to run on water

#102 Posted by musa56 (94 posts) - - Show Bio

@segamarvel: so spider-man's maximum speed is above 1,440 mph?????????

#103 Posted by Skyleat (116 posts) - - Show Bio

@musa56: At least his bouncing speed. His running speed would be lower.

Admitting that he's 200 times stronger than a normal guy (enabling him to lift about 15 tons), which speed could he achieve regarding his strength ?

#104 Posted by musa56 (94 posts) - - Show Bio

@skyleat: he can lift 20 tons dude. no offense for the strength . but yah his bouncing speed is faster than his running.

Avatar image for symbiotepsychopath
#105 Posted by SymbiotePsychopath (304 posts) - - Show Bio

Im not able to post scans.But from readingcomic books, playing the games, watching the movies, and being a general fan for over 23 years(Im 33), I can tell you he is fast enough to dodge an entire clip of semi-to automatic gunfire,making fun of the guy trying to tag him, right out in the open while simultaneously punching him in the head just hard enough so that it doesnt explode while webbing him up for the police w/ the other hand nonchalantly.

Doesnt sound too impressive with the way some folk build up their fave characters on here sometimes, but if you let that process for a minute,,, you'll think "Whoa!"lol

#106 Posted by Skyleat (116 posts) - - Show Bio

@musa56: Yeah I know he can lift far more than that but I set 15 as a minimum to see how fast he could go at least.

#107 Posted by Jimishim12 (1554 posts) - - Show Bio

Pete can go as fast as quick silver can run if he relies on his inner instincts, which have been proven magical, meaning Spidey literally has no limit in physical performance.

#108 Posted by spider11211 (1428 posts) - - Show Bio

Pete can go as fast as quick silver can run if he relies on his inner instincts, which have been proven magical, meaning Spidey literally has no limit in physical performance.

Where did you get that metric?

#109 Posted by VeganDiet (1174 posts) - - Show Bio

@spider11211: The guy is a crazy person. Everything he posts is nonsense. You're better off not listening.

#110 Edited by LordOfFate (1482 posts) - - Show Bio

I think we're misreading that scan. Now I could be wrong but when the scans says 5 seconds, 2 miles it means 5 seconds, 2 miles away from Spider-man's current location. Unlike DC, Marvel keeps super-speed pretty limited in city area, mostly because the damage a sonic boom would do to the surrounding area.

I'm cool with him running near or over 100mph but twice the speed of sound is pushing the limits here. That speed at that time made him faster then Quicksilver and most of Marvel's top fliers.

#111 Posted by Cream_God (15519 posts) - - Show Bio

He's dodged light before (if you want scans google it, I'm on my phone for a while)

#112 Posted by LordOfFate (1482 posts) - - Show Bio

Laser/Energy beam? He a precogs with amazing reaction time, so that's not something I would question. Hell, I'm sure there pics of Wolverine, Batman and Cap doing the samething.

What I'm questioning is this moving twice the speed of sound over New York roof times.

#113 Posted by VeganDiet (1174 posts) - - Show Bio

@lord_shiva: He's covered miles in seconds before. He's also outpaced handgun bullets while webswinging. They're outlier feats, but he's replicated them.

Avatar image for christianrapper
#114 Edited by christianrapper (6403 posts) - - Show Bio

he is supposed to be able to run over 200 miles an hour. however, i haven't seen him do anything that rivaled his asm 2 counterpart. movie spiderman actually out paced electricity. he didn't just aim dodge. he actually saved several people and stopped a car before the electricity even moved up a railing. that is just crazy fast.

#115 Posted by eMJay19 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Travel speed. I'd say it has something to do with his strength and his weight, after that comes endurance. Don't know the exact number since I've been drifting in and out since one more day.

Reflex is how fast the communication from your brain to your body.

Speed is how fast you can move your body.

#116 Posted by eMJay19 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

@lord_shiva:

I think we're misreading that scan. Now I could be wrong but when the scans says 5 seconds, 2 miles it means 5 seconds, 2 miles away from Spider-man's current location. Unlike DC, Marvel keeps super-speed pretty limited in city area, mostly because the damage a sonic boom would do to the surrounding area.

I'm cool with him running near or over 100mph but twice the speed of sound is pushing the limits here. That speed at that time made him faster then Quicksilver and most of Marvel's top fliers.

The comic said "5 sec and 2 miles LATER" not away...

#117 Posted by modsbehating (543 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for christianrapper
#118 Posted by christianrapper (6403 posts) - - Show Bio

Supposedly spiderman can run over 200 miles an hour.

#119 Posted by kcomicfan (4690 posts) - - Show Bio

At least over 100 MPH

#120 Posted by AlphaAboveAll (851 posts) - - Show Bio

Totally faster than Flash, Superman, Speed Demon, Quicksliver, The Runner, etc. :3

#121 Posted by hulksmash134 (333 posts) - - Show Bio

@kore: He can run at 200 mph, and has been seen moving at 111 m/s

Avatar image for deactivated-59848080e4380
#122 Posted by deactivated-59848080e4380 (225 posts) - - Show Bio

Faster than Cap for sure. I'd say Spider-Man's maximum speed is around 200 mph.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
#123 Posted by deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65 (4972 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends really.

He goes from dodging multiple lasers from multiple angles to getting tagged by Chameleon or Kingpin.

#124 Posted by musa56 (94 posts) - - Show Bio

He's extremely fast. He can run over 200 mph. He out sprinted multiple goblin gliders

#125 Posted by segamarvel (994 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

New updated Info

#126 Posted by Skyleat (116 posts) - - Show Bio

So he would leap up to 89 m, run up to 448 km/h - 720 mph, and lift 13 tons while sticking to the ceiling. Wow.

#127 Posted by Strider1992 (18501 posts) - - Show Bio

This fast:

No Caption Provided

#128 Posted by Thought_Robot (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

Him speed like cheetah.

#129 Edited by izamanaick (228 posts) - - Show Bio
#130 Posted by izamanaick (228 posts) - - Show Bio

@skyleat said:

So he would leap up to 89 m, run up to 448 km/h - 720 mph, and lift 13 tons while sticking to the ceiling. Wow.

Wait, what?

#131 Posted by Skyleat (116 posts) - - Show Bio
#132 Posted by lordraiden72 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I cant help but want to chim in here again to state my thoughts on this.

Spiders (depending on the species) have run at speeds that range from 33 to 48 times their body length per second. Peter is 5foot10inches tall so since he is constantly boasting about having the proportionate speed and strength of a spider Peter should be able to move at these speeds which for his size ranges at about 130 to 190 mph. I don't know about you guys but I see no reason to argue with that logic since there is no reason for spidey to be slower than his namesake. Heck he maybe even faster than that. The guys strength is already blown out of proportion for a spider so why shouldn't he be at least as fast if not faster than any spider? His speed/reflexes are stated to be 15x faster than the average joe (average healthy humans should be able to easily run 10 to 15 mph) so that should mean Peter can plausibly move at at least 150 to 225 mph. Now THATS fast and awesome. I'd even consider him a borderline speedster or a low level speedster given the crazy feats he has shown.

You're doing that math wrong. You said some spiders can run at 33 to 48 times their body length per SECOND. Then you did the math and gave us a per mile rate for Spider-Man. The actual math would be 70 inches times 48 per second. So he'd be able to go 3,360 feet per second. That translates to 201,600 feet per minute, and 12,096,000 feet per hour. 2,419 miles per hour would be his speed. So, he'd be able to dodge most bullets, but if he were to try and race someone like say Quicksilver it wouldn't end well for Spidey.

#133 Posted by Jueix (2562 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#134 Posted by FromAPOV (105 posts) - - Show Bio

For Travel Speed: Spider-Man should be able to run at 200 mph on foot, but when he's Web Swinging he probably travels a lot faster, maybe close to the Speed Of Sound.

For Combat Speed/Reaction Speed: Spider-Man's feats are insane in terms of reaction & combat speed, like the dude can dodge normal pistol gunshots, automatic firearm gunfire, machine gun gunfire and sniper rifle gunshots (at close range I might add) after they've been fired. Being able, to consistently dodge Electro's lightning blasts whenever they fight each other, reacting in under a microsecond and he has even demonstrated the capability of dodging THE SPEED OF LIGHT, not only ONCE, but TWICE!

#135 Posted by Thiagl156 (164 posts) - - Show Bio

@fromapov: unless it's aim dodging, dodging the speed of light is a massive outlier.

#136 Posted by FromAPOV (105 posts) - - Show Bio

@thiagl156: Tbh, I agree, dodging the speed of light would be pretty unrealistic for him even with Spider Sense, but I do believe that he is at least a lightning timer, because he has demonstrated it several times in the comics when he fights Electro, that he can dodge/evade his lightning blasts, well except for that one time after he met Silk/Cindy Moon, but I think it was just Dan Slott being Dan Slott, as always.

#137 Posted by camilopezo (2083 posts) - - Show Bio

Sub sonic with relativist reactions.

#138 Posted by Thiagl156 (164 posts) - - Show Bio

@fromapov: WITH Spider-Sense, yeah, he's close to being a lightning timer. And the whole Silk arc was so dumb I want to forget that character existed. The excuse Slott came with up for her being such a good fighter was that she had watched tapes of Peter fighting, not only that, but adding a massive plot armor in every tiny bit of her character and nerfing Peter to a fodder against Black Cat and Electro when he has beat groups of villains far more dangerous.

At least that a-hole isn't writing Spider-Man comic books anymore.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.