has spiderman ever been a muntant in any version of him

Avatar image for deactivated-5b4a770bbc878
#1 Posted by deactivated-5b4a770bbc878 (116 posts) - - Show Bio

I know peter parker also known as spiderman isn't a mutant in earth 616 but is he on another earth?

#2 Posted by jb681131 (3183 posts) - - Show Bio

@p00p122 said:

I know peter parker also known as spiderman isn't a mutant in earth 616 but is he on another earth?

!? well technicaly he is a mutan in all his univers. His genes have mutated with the venom of a spider, hence his abilities.

Then if he ever was a mutan as the X-men are with the mutation on the X gene, I don't know.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b4a770bbc878
#3 Posted by deactivated-5b4a770bbc878 (116 posts) - - Show Bio

@jb681131 said:
@p00p122 said:

!? well technicaly he is a mutan in all his univers. His genes have mutated with the venom of a spider, hence his abilities.

Then if he ever was a mutan as the X-men are with the mutation on the X gene, I don't know.

he would be considered a mutate on earth 616 a mutant is someone born with a mutation

#4 Posted by jb681131 (3183 posts) - - Show Bio

@p00p122 said:

he would be considered a mutate on earth 616 a mutant is someone born with a mutation

no:

A mutant is a biological entity which has undergone a change in its genetic structure.

A being can become a mutant after being born !

#5 Posted by Thiagl156 (164 posts) - - Show Bio

@jb681131: No, in the MU, a mutant is someone already born with powers or the X-Gene. Peter is a mutate.

#6 Posted by jb681131 (3183 posts) - - Show Bio

@thiagl156: maybe, but real science wise my explanation still remains true.

#7 Posted by Thiagl156 (164 posts) - - Show Bio

@jb681131: Maybe, but it's not true for the MU.

#8 Posted by FantasyConnect (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@p00p122: I know one version does have an X-Gene that activated later in life after his spider-powers, found him on a wiki trawl a while back, earth-13270 pretty sure.

#9 Posted by Green_Tea (10583 posts) - - Show Bio

idk what a muntant is, sounds pretty interesting.

#10 Posted by shroudofsorrow (6008 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to my knowledge, but given how many times Spider-Man has been mistaken for a Mutant, you'd think at least one writer would have gone with the twist of him being a Mutant for real. But, to my knowledge, it's never happened. I could be wrong though.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
#11 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (18099 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. There is one unIverse where a teenage mutant version joins x force

#13 Posted by HonikerX (218 posts) - - Show Bio

he's an android, you said any version? he and Gwen are Rock and Roll, he's been building new super powers all his life from things he hated before

Avatar image for christianrapper
#14 Posted by christianrapper (6403 posts) - - Show Bio

yes, this version but it's not spiderMAN...this character is a combo of storm and spiderman

No Caption Provided

#15 Posted by cmpunk4life (300 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Heres a mutant spidey!!

#16 Posted by IchiNiSanji (500 posts) - - Show Bio

i remember in the house of m storyline he pretended to be a mutant

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.