Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Gwen Stacy 616 has no bio page on Marvel.com

Draviex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Draviex

Does this mean Sin's Past is technically erased? Can't find it on any other bio page either on the official site. That would be super nice. Especially considering Spider-Man/Deadpool #8. I'm wondering if I'm a little late to the party. I started reading Spider-Man again after I found out Dan Slott left and Mary Jane was back together with Peter. Would be great to know if the abomination was retconned.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Spider-Man and MJ are back together? Did they go the coward route or actually adress the whole deal with the devil debacle?

Oh, regarding your question I would assume marvel just started their bios well after Gwen Stacys death and never got to it because they did more recent stuff and are not updating it that frequently anyways.

Draviex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme: They have not done anything with Mephisto, but them getting back together is a step. It's really nice. They may change things up. Who knows?

I hope that they just try to forget about Sin's Past in general. I'm sure everyone would like for it to just not exist.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By ursaber

@draviex said:

@stahlflamme: They have not done anything with Mephisto, but them getting back together is a step. It's really nice. They may change things up. Who knows?

I hope that they just try to forget about Sin's Past in general. I'm sure everyone would like for it to just not exist.

Who cares about 616 Gwen. Good riddance. Marvel's only Gweny focus is on Spider Gwen.

Edit: In regards to Peter and Mary Jane, they have reconciled and restarted their relationship. There are a LOT of nods to OMD and their history as a couple, including their marriage. For now it seems Spencer is deconstructing Dan Slott's horrible characterization of Mary Jane, who was turned into an intolerable bitchy woman who simply could not bear being with Spider Man.

Spencer is deconstructing that horrible personality and restoring Mary Jane addressing head on these changes by Slott and undoing them.

Avatar image for theinsufferable
    TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sad

FromAPOV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though I don't really like Gwen as a character, I still wish Sins Past didn't exist because it just made her look SO BAD, that's just so messed up making her have a sexual relationship with not only one of Spider-Man's biggest Villains, but before she gets killed by him, well technically Peter killed her, but if it wasn't for Norman endangering her she wouldn't have died.

Draviex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fromapov: I agree. The most important aspect of her was her actual death. She wasn't really interesting at all. The most interesting written about her was Spider-Man:Blue. That is revisiting the past done right.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fromapov said:

Even though I don't really like Gwen as a character, I still wish Sins Past didn't exist because it just made her look SO BAD, that's just so messed up making her have a sexual relationship with not only one of Spider-Man's biggest Villains, but before she gets killed by him, well technically Peter killed her, but if it wasn't for Norman endangering her she wouldn't have died.

Consider Sins Past retconned. Its never been talked about or referenced again in Marvel and Spider Man continuity. Its as good as it did not happen.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber That's just wishful thinking on your part, It's still canon, and characters who originated in it like the Grey Goblin were used in the BND era and even back in 2015 by Gerry Conway as part of the "Spiral" mini-series.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

@ursaber That's just wishful thinking on your part, It's still canon, and characters who originated in it like the Grey Goblin were used in the BND era and even back in 2015 by Gerry Conway as part of the "Spiral" mini-series.

???

What's Spiral? And much of the BND era isn't all that memorable.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ZariusII

@ursaber Spiral was a 2015 ASM mini-series written by Gerry Conway which ran alongside Slott's version of Renew Your Vows. It featured an appearance by Gabriel Stacy, aka the Grey Goblin, which meant Sins Past is still canon.

And just because something isn't memorable or popular doesn't make it "non-canonical"

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ursaber

@zariusii said:

@ursaber Spiral was a 2015 ASM mini-series written by Gerry Conway which ran alongside Slott's version of Renew Your Vows. It featured an appearance by Gabriel Stacy, aka the Grey Goblin, which meant Sins Past is still canon.

And just because something isn't memorable or popular doesn't make it "non-canonical"

Do you want it or like it to be canonical? Its only memorable and in a sense popular because of how many comic book fans revile that story.

Edit: Is it called Spider Man Spiral?

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ZariusII

@ursaber I'm not a big Gwen fan, so I'm a little in favour of anything that deconstucts her, I like some aspects of it, it's also got a really good MJ moment in the flashbacks where she punches Norman in the face. I thought the follow up "Sins Remembered" was much worse (ironically noone remembers that one, rofl)

I'd probably remove it from canon though, because it upset so many

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

@ursaber I'm not a big Gwen fan, so I'm a little in favour of anything that deconstucts her, I like some aspects of it, it's also got a really good MJ moment in the flashbacks where she punches Norman in the face. I thought the follow up "Sins Remembered" was much worse (ironically noone remembers that one, rofl)

I remember that. Sins Remembered was atrocious.

But Sins Past also left Mary Jane in a bad light. How she told Peter he probably loved Gwen more than her and how she kept this secret for so long from him. Granted nothing had happened to bring back that nightmare but still.

I also share the "not a Gwen fan" view. I think she is no longer relevant and bringing her tragedy to Peter every chance they get is annoying and frustrating.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.