Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17252 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Greg Weisman is willing to continue Spectacular Spider-Man.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By PunyParker

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JonSmith

Well, there's only one logical course of action now.

GET. SONY.
    GET. SONY.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
    Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Emequious_Swerve

That guy is still waiting to continue Gargoyles as well.

Weisman is awesome, I would give him creative control to every animated super hero show ever if up to me.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

This is the best news around Spider-Man in a while.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

This is the best news around Spider-Man in a while.

Or the worst.
    He is willing.But that is really sad,cuz Dysney is surely not interested....

@jonsmith said:

GET. SONY.
    GET. SONY.

Sony has nothing to do with Animated Spider-Man .......Dysney does.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Let's all hope the show goes the direction Young Justice is allegedly going in and continues through video games.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#8  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

With the current track record with comic book cartoons, both from Marvel and DC, is there really any point in getting our hopes up? I'd love to see this show continue, but I'm really not in the mood to be disappointed...again. :(

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys get over it; the show is never coming back. How many years has it been since it was canceled? 3, 4; I don’t remember… as sad as it is, we will never get to see a new season of this great show; we are stuck with USPM for the time being.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

doesn't matter if he is or isn't....Sony still owns the character designs so Marvel would have to pay them to use the designs and Marvel won't do that...it's why the show was cancelled to begin with

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By frogdog

Guys get over it; the show is never coming back. How many years has it been since it was canceled? 3, 4; I don’t remember… as sad as it is, we will never get to see a new season of this great show; we are stuck with USPM for the time being.

No Caption Provided

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PLEASE COME BACK!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the current track record with comic book cartoons, both from Marvel and DC, is there really any point in getting our hopes up? I'd love to see this show continue, but I'm really not in the mood to be disappointed...again. :(

I couldn't agree more.

doesn't matter if he is or isn't....Sony still owns the character designs so Marvel would have to pay them to use the designs and Marvel won't do that...it's why the show was cancelled to begin with

EVERYTING merchandise Spider-Man related is Dysney's.Everything.

Weisman said they had the opportunity to continue it,but they wanted to start their universe.......and ruined it.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer said:

I couldn't agree more.

@danhimself said:

EVERYTING merchandise Spider-Man related is Dysney's.Everything.

Weisman said they had the opportunity to continue it,but they wanted to start their universe.......and ruined it.

Weisman would later write that Sony had, in 2009, relinquished to Marvel its license to produce animated works that used Spider-Man and associated characters, but had retained ownership of The Spectacular Spider-Man series and all of the production elements created specifically for it, such as character designs and storylines. Therefore, neither Sony nor Marvel could continue production of the series, as each lacked some of the essential rights to do so. Additionally, at approximately the same time that Sony returned the Spider-Man animation rights to Marvel, Marvel was acquired by Sony rival Disney

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: Huh......weird.....i recently listened some podcast-interviews about it,and they said(Weisman-Keaton) Dysney had everything......

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Doesn't mean much. It's never coming back

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
    spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By spinningbirdcake

Yeah I don't think Ultimate Spider-Man is doing poor so it probably won't happen. The fact that he's willing to do more just makes it all the more depressing that he won't get the chance to.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

@angelalfonso said:

No Caption Provided

I lol'd

AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By AllNewOverseer

@frogdog said:

@angelalfonso said:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
    NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This makes me feel even more sad.

PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I hate disney. They should all smarten the **** up and let him do his show. Everyone is unhappy with Ultimate Spiderman because it is bullshit. I don't understand where marvel is going. They cancel every one of the good shows that they have and open more "child-Friendly" ones. Well you know what?!?! IF YOU'RE CANCELING A GOOD SHOW THAT NOBODY COMPLAINED ABOUT AND PEOPLE LET THEIR CHILDREN WATCH, IT DOES'NT NEED FIXING! I honestly don't understand what they're trying to do these days. WE ALL WANT SPECTACULAR BACK AND WE ALL HATE ULTIMATE!! SO WHAT DO U DO???? RENEW ULTIMATE FOR MORE SEASONS?!?!?! I will do anything to assist Greg into making his shows again. But it's up to the people. WE HAVE to show disney that we hate ultimate and that we want spectacular back ; In other words don't treat it like superior. If u don't like it don't watch it. Don't let your kids watch it and show them old episodes instead of spectacular or 90s spiderman... even unlimited. Do anything but interest them in that poor, horrible representation of a hero. Let them watch old x men or hulk or something.... Don't feed into the new crap and don't give it attention. Keep bugging disney non-stop and something might just happen. Us bitching on comic vine isn't going to help Spectacular continue... if you honestly care - DO SOMETHING.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate disney. They should all smarten the **** up and let him do his show. Everyone is unhappy with Ultimate Spiderman because it is bullshit. I don't understand where marvel is going. They cancel every one of the good shows that they have and open more "child-Friendly" ones. Well you know what?!?! IF YOU'RE CANCELING A GOOD SHOW THAT NOBODY COMPLAINED ABOUT AND PEOPLE LET THEIR CHILDREN WATCH, IT DOES'NT NEED FIXING! I honestly don't understand what they're trying to do these days. WE ALL WANT SPECTACULAR BACK AND WE ALL HATE ULTIMATE!! SO WHAT DO U DO???? RENEW ULTIMATE FOR MORE SEASONS?!?!?! I will do anything to assist Greg into making his shows again. But it's up to the people. WE HAVE to show disney that we hate ultimate and that we want spectacular back ; In other words don't treat it like superior. If u don't like it don't watch it. Don't let your kids watch it and show them old episodes instead of spectacular or 90s spiderman... even unlimited. Do anything but interest them in that poor, horrible representation of a hero. Let them watch old x men or hulk or something.... Don't feed into the new crap and don't give it attention. Keep bugging disney non-stop and something might just happen. Us bitching on comic vine isn't going to help Spectacular continue... if you honestly care - DO SOMETHING.

Disney just paid Sony to get the animation rights back for Spider-man...to continue Spectacular Spider-man they would have to continue paying Sony to use the character designs and plots from the first two seasons....they're never going to do that

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kidchipotle

@frogdog said:

No Caption Provided

I lol'd

So did I.

@jonsmith said:

GET. DYSNEY.
    GET. DYSNEY.

I loled at this too.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

He also willing to continue Young Justice too.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyrafay said:

He also willing to continue Young Justice too.

He's willing to continue Gargoyles......

YJ has a chance,though...

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Sniff…. Gargoyles…. You my friend just open an old wound, you open an old and deep wound.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Sniff…. Gargoyles…. You my friend just open an old wound, you open an old and deep wound.

I know right.....

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

Do you know if Disney has release a re-master version on dvd or blueray?

I feel nostalgic and I want to watch it again after almost 15 years.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

Do you know if Disney has release a re-master version on dvd or blueray?

I feel nostalgic and I want to watch it again after almost 15 years.

I have no idea,but they released (Dysney) Spec Spidey Season 1 last year,on Blu Ray,so,it's possible....

noni28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im so happy thanks greg weismen

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish they make a third season of Spectacular Spiderman. That cartoon series was so awesome and it's one of my favourite cartoon shows of all time.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.