Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17241 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Goodbye, Stan...

ZhangThong12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I could write a long deposition on how Stan was one of the greatest creative minds to have walked this earth, and how his art have inspired me and others, but that would be stating the obvious. Instead, let's celebrate his brilliant life by posting our favorite moments from his work. It can by anything - comics, books, movies, whatever. The man left a huge mark on the pop culture, and everyone has a favorite Stan Lee moment. My favorite moments from his work are undoubtedly brilliant panels such as these:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

They perfectly illustrate why Stan's work was so revolutionary and why it changed the way superheroes have been written since then: he made people try to be superheroes, not superheroes try to be people.

Rest in peace, Stanley Lieber.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

No one is ever going to forget him or his legacy. Rest in peace.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.