Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man General Discussion

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

@animehunter: @quilsniv

Is @itsaworld the artist of that large horizontal art board with all the characters?

Another questions:

• Is the female besides Iron Man the new Toxin?
    • Is the guy with the goatee next to Venom, Luke Cage?
    • I understand that's MJ next to Black Panther but who is the symbiote next to Panther and the other two characters next to MJ?
    • Are there two Johnny Storms cause I see two F4 people but could be Johnny without fire and with fire?
    ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@ursaber: i cant say everything because it spoils stuff...so ill say some things.

The F4 member without flames is Reed.

Yes. That is Luke Cage.

Not a single MJ in the pic.

That is not Lady Toxin

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itsaworld:

The FNSM issue is already out. You can say stuff now.

I just want to know who all the unknown characters I asked about are.

If that woman next to Panther isn't MJ then who is she and the characters next to her? And the multiple symbiote characters?

Thanks for Reed.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itsaworld: @itsaworld:

I'll Actually Be Taking A Few Guesses Here:

The Two Symbiotes Are Jessica Drew/Spider-Woman And Vision While The Woman At The Bottom Is Susan Storm, Right? I Mean, It That's Actually Not MJ Then It's Gotta Be Susan Storm Richards. I Don't Know Who The Symbiote At The End If But I'm Guessing That Robot At The Bottom Is H.E.R.B.I.E., Right?

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92: right on with your symbiote guess. Sadly, your next 2 are incorrect

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is what happens when you don't color anything in...rofl.

Reminds me of all the wild conspiracy theories from people on the Crawlspace who don't think MJ is in the primer previews either

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92: right on with your symbiote guess. Sadly, your next 2 are incorrect

UGH!!!!!!! *sigh* Okay......So....Is This One Suppose To Be Sharon Carter? Jean Grey? She Hulk? Those Are Honestly The Only Guesses I Got. And If It's Not H.E.R.B.I.E. Then Could It Actually Be..........*sigh*.........The Living Brain? I Mean, That'd Actually Be The Only Robot I Know. Well, Maybe It Could Be J.A.R.V.I.S. It Is J.A.R.V.I.S. Right?

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92:

It's SheHulk

The robot is an older Marvel character. Ill just say it. His name is ROM

I just draw what was asked of me

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92:

It's SheHulk

YES!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Though, I Was Close Enough On The Robot Though. Interesting To See How This Arc Goes.

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itsaworld said:

@marvelman92:

It's SheHulk

YES!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Though, I Was Close Enough On The Robot Though. Interesting To See How This Arc Goes.

The good part about not being an actual Marvel title (Though writing this for the House of Ideas would be a dream come true) is that, since I have no legal restrictions, I can put ROM back into the Marvel U. (He belongs to IDW right now) It's kind of fun to pick up an obscure but important piece of Marvel history and put it into practice.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By MarvelMan92

@quilsniv said:
    @marvelman92 said:
    @itsaworld said:

@marvelman92:

It's SheHulk

The good part about not being an actual Marvel title (Though writing this for the House of Ideas would be a dream come true) is that, since I have no legal restrictions, I can put ROM back into the Marvel U. (He belongs to IDW right now) It's kind of fun to pick up an obscure but important piece of Marvel history and put it into practice.

Speaking Of Which, Any Other Obscure Characters You Want To Bring Back? Also, Speaking Of Robots, Are You Planning To Add Machine Man Into Any Story?

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quilsniv said:
    @marvelman92 said:
    @itsaworld said:

@marvelman92:

It's SheHulk

Speaking Of Which, Any Other Obscure Characters You Want To Bring Back? Also, Speaking Of Robots, Are You Planning To Add Machine Man Into Any Story?

Not that many, aside from D-list supervillains. (Which was a thing Slott had in ASM up until Thompson's Silk run, and then it faded into that book) The idea of supervillain identities being franchises always kind of interested me, but nobody has done anything of interesting note with it. So I might pick it up if I find a place for it, but I can't, then I won't.

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On that note, aside from colors missing from @itsaworld's piece not having colors yet (Hunter is hard at work on those) what did you guys think of the issue? Any little bit of praise or critique helps us in the long run.

@marvelman92@ursaber@zariusii@itsaworld

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By MarvelMan92

@quilsniv said:

On that note, aside from colors missing from @itsaworld's piece not having colors yet (Hunter is hard at work on those) what did you guys think of the issue? Any little bit of praise or critique helps us in the long run.

I Thought Your Latest Issue Was Actually Brilliant As It Was Full Of Danger And Tension. I Was Actually Pretty Scared That Peter Was Being Chased By Venom Now That I Look At It. I Was Also Incredibly Surprised And Frightened By How New York Quickly Turned Into An Invasion Of The Symbiotes. Like Peter Was Just There In The Sewers And All Of A Sudden An Invasion Actually Started For Like A Couple Of Hours Ago. I Was Also Frightened By How Annie And Felicia Didn't Make It Into The Baxter Building On Time With No Word From Them Even. It Actually Makes You Wonder How They'll Actually Get Through This. I Also Love How This Kind Of Threat Seems To Be This Insane For Everyone To Deal And Actually Seems Difficult To Handle. I Also Love The Appearance Of Mr.Fantastic And Susan Storm Richards. I Also Love How Peter And MJ Grieve That They Might've Possibly Lost Their Daughter Annie As Well As Felicia. All And All, A Really Brilliant Issue Filled With Horrors And Tension And A Struggle They Never Had Before And Very Human Moments Between The Characters. I'm Quite Curious As To How Things Might Actually Turn Out For Them. All And All, I Give This Issue A 9.5/10. I'm Really Looking Forward To Where This Story Goes.

Also, Will We Expecting Some Side Stories Especially Ones That Happened During Peter's Time At The Sewers? Also, Will Tony And Peter Be At Eachothers' Throats After This, Or Will Things Actually Turn Out Well For Them? How Big Of A Role Will Cap Take In This Arc? Are We Gonna Be Expecting Other Heroes To Be Involved In This Arc?

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quilsniv said:

I Thought Your Latest Issue Was Actually Brilliant As It Was Full Of Danger And Tension. I Was Actually Pretty Scared That Peter Was Being Chased By Venom Now That I Look At It. I Was Also Incredibly Surprised And Frightened By How New York Quickly Turned Into An Invasion Of The Symbiotes. Like Peter Was Just There In The Sewers And All Of A Sudden An Invasion Actually Started For Like A Couple Of Hours Ago. I Was Also Frightened By How Annie And Felicia Didn't Make It Into The Baxter Building On Time With No Word From Them Even. It Actually Makes You Wonder How They'll Actually Get Through This. I Also Love How This Kind Of Threat Seems To Be This Insane For Everyone To Deal And Actually Seems Difficult To Handle. I Also Love The Appearance Of Mr.Fantastic And Susan Storm Richards. I Also Love How Peter And MJ Grieve That They Might've Possibly Lost Their Daughter Annie As Well As Felicia. All And All, A Really Brilliant Issue Filled With Horrors And Tension And A Struggle They Never Had Before And Very Human Moments Between The Characters. I'm Quite Curious As To How Things Might Actually Turn Out For Them. All And All, I Give This Issue A 9.5/10. I'm Really Looking Forward To Where This Story Goes.

Also, Will We Expecting Some Side Stories Especially Ones That Happened During Peter's Time At The Sewers? Also, Will Tony And Peter Be At Eachothers' Throats After This, Or Will Things Actually Turn Out Well For Them? How Big Of A Role Will Cap Take In This Arc? Are We Gonna Be Expecting Other Heroes To Be Involved In This Arc?

Oh yeah. You can expect a LOT of heroes to make an appearance.

As for Peter and Tony at each other's throats.... they will be. In a way.

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By QuilSniv

Colors came in today for @itsaworld's "Let the Games Begin" variant. Big shoutout to Hunter "TheHappySpaceman" Bruton for putting the finishing touches on for this cover!

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By ursaber

@quilsniv: I'd rather keep other heroes, Avengers and X-Men away from this series for the most part save for those of Spider Mythos origin, Daredevil and the F4.

Still haven't gotten around to reading the latest issue yet but as soon as I do I'll give you my thoughts and feedback the best I can.

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

@quilsniv: I'd rather keep other heroes, Avengers and X-Men away from this series for the most part save for those of Spider Mythos origin, Daredevil and the F4.

Still haven't gotten around to reading the latest issue yet but as soon as I do I'll give you my thoughts and feedback the best I can.

Don't worry; after this arc, there won't be that many heroes running around. This is just enough of a crisis that most of Earth's heroes (And a few cosmic ones) are gonna be needed. So once this arc wraps up, only a few heroes will be popping up outside of the Spider-family, and even then it'll be mostly to establish the status quo of the greater Friendly Neighborhood-verse.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quilsniv said:

Colors came in today for @itsaworld's "Let the Games Begin" variant. Big shoutout to Hunter "TheHappySpaceman" Bruton for putting the finishing touches on for this cover!

AWESOME! Where can I contact Hunter to thank him for the work he put in?

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quilsniv said:

LOOKS REALLY COOL!!!!!!!!!!! And I See That Carnage Is Part Of This Arc. You Know, Out Of All The Symbiotes I Could've Listed, I REALLY Cannot Believe That Carnage Wasn't The One On My Mind. Then Again, This Is A Story Involving An Invasion Of The Symbiotes And Since Jessica Drew And Vision Were Possessed, I Guess That It Would've Been More Reasonable For Me Not To Include Cletus. Still, Can't Wait To See How Their Story Unfolds And What Carnage Is Actually About To Do In This Arc.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quilsniv said:

LOOKS REALLY COOL!!!!!!!!!!! And I See That Carnage Is Part Of This Arc. You Know, Out Of All The Symbiotes I Could've Listed, I REALLY Cannot Believe That Carnage Wasn't The One On My Mind. Then Again, This Is A Story Involving An Invasion Of The Symbiotes And Since Jessica Drew And Vision Were Possessed, I Guess That It Would've Been More Reasonable For Me Not To Include Cletus. Still, Can't Wait To See How Their Story Unfolds And What Carnage Is Actually About To Do In This Arc.

I hate to break it to ya, but I wasn't asked to draw Carnage. What you are looking at is probably Toxin, non Eddie Brock version.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92 said:
    @quilsniv said:

I hate to break it to ya, but I wasn't asked to draw Carnage. What you are looking at is probably Toxin, non Eddie Brock version.

Ah......Good To See The Guy Back, Anyway. I Can't Wait To See How His Story Unfolds In This Arc And Hopefully The Rest Of His Series.

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quilsniv said:

He has a YouTube Channel under TheHappySpacemanReviews, and he has a Tumblr dubbed "TheHappySpaceman." I've collaborated with a few videos of his.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quilsniv said:
    @itsaworld said:
    @quilsniv said:

He has a YouTube Channel under TheHappySpacemanReviews, and he has a Tumblr dubbed "TheHappySpaceman." I've collaborated with a few videos of his.

SWEET! I thanked him!

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quilsniv said:
    @itsaworld said:
    @quilsniv said:

Huh, Didn't Know The Guy Has His Own Youtunbe Channel. Is He Famous There?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man (2016) #12

-Days of Deception, Part 2!

-Things aren’t look too good for the people of Manhattan.

-Not to mention that Spider-Man’s nowhere to be seen.

-Who is left to defend the city?!

-

@itsaworld, @ursaber, @amazingfantasy, @quilsniv, @tattacus

@Elbarto17 aka Punyparker, @zariusii, @blackspidey2099, @eto

@riscrit aka Spideyryan, @magnetic_eye, @theheaven_guardian10, @marvelman92

Things Look Really Intense For Spidey. Is This Issue Gonna Focus More Of Felicia's Side Of The Story? Will We Be Seeing Any Heroes In The Streets?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92: Sorry, but to tell you anything will be spoiling it, you'll just have to wait and see.

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By QuilSniv

Might dump some concept art tonight. If anybody wants it, make sure you let me know, because it's all pictures from phones that could be better, but it's the best I've got at the moment.

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So even though I never got a response, figured I'd post a wave of concept art, gather some reactions, then post some more if you guys like it.

Here's the first-ever concept art for Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man. Keep in mind that some of this is about a year old, so it may look radically different from sketch to sketch)

@ursaber@marvelman92@itsaworld@zariusii@magnetic_eye@thor_parker82@scott_summers52

Peter Parker
    Peter Parker
    Spider-Man (Dynamic posing practice, might make it a generic cover)
    Spider-Man (Concept)
    Spider-Man (Concept)
    Silk (Season 1 Redesign)
    Silk (Season 1 Redesign)
    Black Cat Concept Sketch (Please forgive the weird hip placement)

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#132  Edited By Thor-Parker

@quilsniv: Are those your drawings ?? They´re very good, I wish I knew how to draw.

A little bit of constructive criticism, you might want to make Black Cat´s shoulders smaller, they look a little disproprtionate to the rest of her body, other than that, pretty solid work.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quilsniv: Are those your drawings ?? They´re very good, I wish I knew how to draw.

A little bit of constructive criticism, you might want to make Black Cat´s shoulders smaller, they look a little disproprtionate to the rest of her body, other than that, pretty solid work.

I second this. Felicia looks like a female body builder and those don't look sexy or desirable. Just take a look at this pic

No Caption Provided

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quilsniv:

Oh and BTW, I know I said that I would give you my thoughts on FNSM, the latest issue and I haven't yet because I haven't gotten to reading it yet (very distracted thanks to Game of Thrones and watching a lot of Gundam) but I want to commit that I will read the latest issue and give you my honest probably not too in depth thoughts this week before Friday.

Same for me restyling the Indomitable members. Watching Gundam has helped me with the Deus Machina guy. Sorry keep forgetting.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quilsniv said:

So even though I never got a response, figured I'd post a wave of concept art, gather some reactions, then post some more if you guys like it.

Here's the first-ever concept art for Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man. Keep in mind that some of this is about a year old, so it may look radically different from sketch to sketch)

@ursaber@marvelman92@itsaworld@zariusii@magnetic_eye@thor_parker82@scott_summers52

Peter Parker
    Peter Parker
    Spider-Man (Concept)
    Spider-Man (Concept)
    Silk (Season 1 Redesign)
    Silk (Season 1 Redesign)

Nice. Though, I Suggest You Try To Improve More On The Art To Make It More Life Like And Solid And Just Make Sure It Fits The Tone Of The Stories You're Telling. Though, I Do Like Your Takes On Spider-Man And Silk. You Got Any More With You Involving Some Other Characters?

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your Cindy is an uber cutie.

And quite a butch Black Cat

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By QuilSniv

@zariusii: The former was intentional. I wanted to make Cindy somebody you wanted to give a hug and protect her smile. The hardest part was remaking her costume, but I kept to Stacey Lee's design and made her as huggable as possible.

As for Felicia? Yeah, that wasn't my goal, (especially now that I look at it and realize that the back is seriously oversized) but it was more than a year ago when I made that drawing. I like to think I've seriously improved since then. Still, constructive criticism of any kind is warmly welcomed.

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By QuilSniv

New art drop.

This time up we have Scarlet Spider, Moon Knight, Captain Marvel, and the Season 2 designs for Cindy in civvies and Carlie. Perspective might be wonky on some of them since the camera is at an angle.

Like I mentioned to @zariusii, Cindy was deliberately designed to be cute and huggable. And, with as much as I can say without going into spoilers, Days of Deception changes people. So, while Cindy is still adorable in terms of dialogue, I wanted to add a tinge of growth to her design. She's lost the blind, naive optimism that she had at the beginning of the run, and changed a lot since we started her subplot. It's a very human thing, and on that cusp of coming into adulthood, a lot change happens to you as a person physically and mentally and I wanted to represent that with her.

With Captain Marvel, I wanted to do a much more... alien design with her costume. It also felt weird that one of Earth's Mightiest would wear spandex, especially considering her past as a military officer. That said, I gave her Cap Marv outfit a more armor-like texture (similar to that of New 52 Supes) and also something that would be appropriate of importance to the Kree. (If the Hala Star was already important to the Kree, Carol would want to honor Mar-Vell's memory in the Kree traditions)

Scarlet Spider was one I wanted to keep very similar to the original design. I think the onl changes I made were to the spider-symbol. The same can be said about Moon Knight, with even less done that to lampshade Moon Knight's role as Batman-lite in the MU.

@itsaworld, @ursaber, @amazingfantasy@animehunter

@riscrit aka Spideyryan, @magnetic_eye, @theheaven_guardian10, @knightwriteri, @thor_parker82,

Scarlet Spider
    Scarlet Spider
    Cindy (Season 2 Civvies)
    Cindy (Season 2 Civvies)
    Captain Marvel (Post-Days of Deception)
    Moon Knight
    Moon Knight
    Carlie Cooper (Season 2) (Also, ignore the crappy gun holster. That's just a basic linework sketch.)
    Carlie Cooper (Season 2) (Also, ignore the crappy gun holster. That's just a basic linework sketch.)
    MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By MarvelMan92

@quilsniv said:

New art drop.

This time up we have Scarlet Spider, Moon Knight, Captain Marvel, and the Season 2 designs for Cindy in civvies and Carlie. Perspective might be wonky on some of them since the camera is at an angle.

Like I mentioned to @zariusii, Cindy was deliberately designed to be cute and huggable. And, with as much as I can say without going into spoilers, Days of Deception changes people. So, while Cindy is still adorable in terms of dialogue, I wanted to add a tinge of growth to her design. She's lost the blind, naive optimism that she had at the beginning of the run, and changed a lot since we started her subplot. It's a very human thing, and on that cusp of coming into adulthood, a lot change happens to you as a person physically and mentally and I wanted to represent that with her.

With Captain Marvel, I wanted to do a much more... alien design with her costume. It also felt weird that one of Earth's Mightiest would wear spandex, especially considering her past as a military officer. That said, I gave her Cap Marv outfit a more armor-like texture (similar to that of New 52 Supes) and also something that would be appropriate of importance to the Kree. (If the Hala Star was already important to the Kree, Carol would want to honor Mar-Vell's memory in the Kree traditions)

Scarlet Spider was one I wanted to keep very similar to the original design. I think the onl changes I made were to the spider-symbol. The same can be said about Moon Knight, with even less done that to lampshade Moon Knight's role as Batman-lite in the MU.

@riscrit aka Spideyryan, @magnetic_eye, @theheaven_guardian10, @knightwriteri, @thor_parker82,

Scarlet Spider
    Scarlet Spider
    Cindy (Season 2 Civvies)
    Cindy (Season 2 Civvies)
    Moon Knight
    Moon Knight

Hey, They Actually Look Pretty Nice. Some Are Actually More Improved Than A Few Of You First Pics. I Really Like How Well Animated They Look And Feel And How Anime Influenced They Look. I Really Like How You Did Carol Danvers As Well As Moon Knight. Carol Looks Tough And Mean Which Is How A Tough Superhero Should Look And Moon Knight Looks Really Intimidating. He Feels Like An Actually Heroic Noir Inspired Detective. I Also Really Like How You Did Cindy Moon And Carlie Cooper. Cindy Looks A Bit Free Spirited While Carlie Looks Like She's Grown To Be A Tough Woman. But, That Is Pretty Reasonable Since This Carlie Cooper Is Actually More Of A Cop Than A Forensic Scientist. Also, Is Carlie In Some Kind Of Special Force? Because Judging By That Uniform, She Actually Kinda Does Look LIke She's In A Somewhat Important Position. I Also Like How You Did Kaine. He Looks Very Badass With That Spider-Symbol.

A Few Things I Have To Critic Is That Some Of The Bodies On Carol And Carlie Look A Bit Too Muscular. Try To Tone Them Down A Bit. Make Them Muscular But Not Too Big. Also, Try To Improve More On Carlie's Face. She Needs To Be More Solid As A Person.

But, Other Than That, Everything Seems Pretty Solid. Also, I Kinda Mistook Cindy As MJ. Not That There's Anything Bad With It, But, Will MJ Be As Good As Cindy Or Something? Because I Like To See MJ As More Of A Naturally Beautiful Person Rather Than An Incredibly Hot Person That Some People Seem To Depict Her As. At Times When They Go Too Far With It, She Kinda Looks A Bit Superficial And Looks Like Someone That I Doubt Peter Would Even Go Out With. I Mean, I Know Most People Go Out With Some Beautiful People, But, I Think It'd Be Better If MJ Was More Of A Naturally Beautiful Person Than An Incredibly Hot Person That Some People Seem To Depict Her As. But, Anyway, Those Are Just My Honest Thoughts On How Some People Seem To Depict MJ As. So, Anyway, Great Work On Your Characters. I Hope To See More Soon? You Also Have Anything On Doc Ock, Tony Stark/Iron Man, Venom, Spider-Woman, And Annie May Parker?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By animehunter

http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/2017/08/04/friendly-neighborhood-spider-man-2016-12/

“Days of Deception, Pt. 2: It’s A Symbiote’s World, You’re Just Living In It”

Writer: Neil Bogenrieder

Assistant Writer: Mohammed Jaafar, Shaun Martineau and Jarod Cordes

Editor: Mark Alford

Cover

Line Art and Colors: Neil Bogenrieder

-

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cover

-

So, Is It Ready? Because I Don't See A Link.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter said:

Cover

-

Sorry about that

http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/2017/08/04/friendly-neighborhood-spider-man-2016-12/

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92 said:
    @animehunter said:

Cover

-

Sorry about that

Thank You. So Yeah, Just Read The Issue And.........Holy @#$% Was This Probably The Best Issue That I've Actually Read. The Situation Between Spider-Man, Johnny Storm, Felicia, And The Others Grew Even More Intense As They've Been Dealing With Alot Of Symbiotes, Especially Ones Possessed By Some Of The Most Powerful People Like The Mighty Avengers. I Really Liked How Tactiful Venom Was Trying To Mess Around With Felicia And Spidey Trying To Out Maneuver Them And Likely Kill Them. I Also Really Like How They Actually Came Up With A Way To Prevent Their Only Weaknesses From Ever Harming Them While The Events Are Actually Happening. I Also Really Love How Most Of The Characters React In A More Realistic Way Especially Spidey When He's Having Some Trouble With Venom. I Also Really Love The Moment Where MJ Hugs Felicia. Felt Like A Tender Moment On Getting On Good Terms With Eachother. They'd Probably Become More Like Sisters Later On. What I Really Love Most About This Issue Was How Badass Jameson Was Taking On The Symbiotes Like It's Actually Nothing. It Really Shows How Much Braver And Even Bolder Jameson Has Grown To Become Over The Years. I Also Really Love The Appearance Of The Secret Avengers And MAN What A Roster. There's Also Some That I Never Even Thought Would Actually Be On The Team. Also Really Liked An Appearance From Flash. Which Actually Makes Me Question If He's Actually Got His Own Symbiote In This Series Or Is About To Get One Soon. I Also Really Love The Appearance Of The Fantastic Four. I Gotta Say That It's Actually Really Good Reading Them Here After All These Years Of Being In Hiding. It's Actually SO GOOD To See Reed Working With Peter Again And Seeing Him Try To Solve The Whole Problem With Some Disastrous Invasion. I Also Really Love How Determined Peter Was To Protect His Family And How Experienced He Was At Handling Some Threats. I'm Also More Excited For The Next Issue.

All And All, I Give This Issue A 9.8/10. It's Actually Some Of The Best Issues That I've Actually Ever Read And A Nice Experience Seeing How The Characters Actually Shine And Deal With These Issues. I Am So FREAKING Excited For The Next Issue :) :D

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I almost had a creative burnout. I was writing ahead of schedule and I just.. crashed while just typing along and stopped, and I had no idea what to do next, despite having it all mapped out.

And, to be honest, that kind of scared me, simply because I can't imagine not finishing this series and fleshing out the universe that FNSM takes place in. I have about eighteen more issues planned after Days of Deception, around the size of Superior Spider-Man. (And that's not counting the other works I have planned that may or may not get off the ground simply because the parallels to the stories I had planned are long over and/or I'd like to collaborate with other creative teams.)

I want to write every single one of those issues, not just because I don't like things to be incomplete and I'll hate myself for not finishing it, but because I have to do it for you guys. Because you all have put so much faith into a series that decided to change so much of everything around Peter (Using so many previously despised characters, changing said controversial characters, challenging Peter's moral fibers) that I'm amazed so many of you are still around. (And I mean that with all the respect I can muster.) I don't plan on quitting or rebranding, at least not until I've reached a conclusion that I find satisfactory, which probably won't be until the end, regardless of how long it takes to reach the end of the tunnel.

So, thanks for all the support, guys. As we move further into Days of Deception, the plans for after this arc will be revealed, so stay tuned for a lot of updates. (Sorry if I read a little weird, I'm writing this at midnight so it explains some weird grammar if it's there.)

-Neil

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By ursaber

@quilsniv: Thanks for the notice. The passion you've shown has not gone unnoticed. So, are you in need of assistance?

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

@quilsniv: Thanks for the notice. The passion you've shown has not gone unnoticed. So, are you in need of assistance?

Eh... not yet.

Mostly a lack of response on what people have thought recently has me running burning low. I do this because I enjoy the craft and Spider-Man, and I'm worried that if I push too hard on the title, I'll begin to burn out completely and not be able to get back up. Like I said, the plans I have for after this arc have contingencies in place to make sure that doesn't happen.

But I've been taking the time recently to appreciate the medium and expand my collection of trades/things I can put on a shelf. I'm moving out of town soon, so I've had to box everything and the anxiety of the wait is kind of getting to me.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By ZariusII

@quilsniv Hey, don't worry about it. Being creative can be fun, but nobody should hold you to a schedule. I'm only now about to start work on the tenth book in a TMNT series I started in 2013, and the penultimate book went through at least five different creative changes and different formats, to the point I had to devote a full year to just filler one shots. I've since somehow managed to lose my audience for my book series due to that stop/start ''rebranding'' exercise, so I would not recommend doing that when you know you have a set audience right now who are very understanding and appreciate the workload we do get.

I really want to do my own e-comic eventually (might not be Spidey related though, I was thinking more along the lines of Sonic the Hedgehog), and a lot of what you guys do are helping me flesh things out.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By MarvelMan92

@quilsniv said:

I almost had a creative burnout. I was writing ahead of schedule and I just.. crashed while just typing along and stopped, and I had no idea what to do next, despite having it all mapped out.

And, to be honest, that kind of scared me, simply because I can't imagine not finishing this series and fleshing out the universe that FNSM takes place in. I have about eighteen more issues planned after Days of Deception, around the size of Superior Spider-Man. (And that's not counting the other works I have planned that may or may not get off the ground simply because the parallels to the stories I had planned are long over and/or I'd like to collaborate with other creative teams.)

I want to write every single one of those issues, not just because I don't like things to be incomplete and I'll hate myself for not finishing it, but because I have to do it for you guys. Because you all have put so much faith into a series that decided to change so much of everything around Peter (Using so many previously despised characters, changing said controversial characters, challenging Peter's moral fibers) that I'm amazed so many of you are still around. (And I mean that with all the respect I can muster.) I don't plan on quitting or rebranding, at least not until I've reached a conclusion that I find satisfactory, which probably won't be until the end, regardless of how long it takes to reach the end of the tunnel.

So, thanks for all the support, guys. As we move further into Days of Deception, the plans for after this arc will be revealed, so stay tuned for a lot of updates. (Sorry if I read a little weird, I'm writing this at midnight so it explains some weird grammar if it's there.)

-Neil

Hey, No Problem, Man. It's Really Great To Show Much Passion Into The Character And The Fans. I Can Actually See That You Actually Have Much Going Out For The Series. And Whatever The Arc Is After Days Of Deception Should Be Rather Interesting. That Said, If You Are In Any Need Of Assistance, Just Let Us All Know. Though, I'm Not Much Of A Fully Capable Writer As Of Yet, I Do Have Some Ideas For Myself Laying Around As Well As Working On Some Stories. But, The Story Is More Of My Own Personal Take On Things. So, The Story Is Yours, And You Should Be The One To Handle Them.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man (2016) #13 Solicit

-Days of Deception, Pt 3!

-A Symbiote has infected Cindy! And the side effects aren’t pleasant!

-The only place with the solution? Stark Tower!

-

Man, Things Look So @#$%ing Awesome!!!!!!!!!! I So Can't @#$%ing Wait For This Issue!!!!!!!!!! :) :D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.