Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man General Discussion

#451 Edited by MarvelMan92 (5221 posts) - - Show Bio

@quilsniv said:
@marvelman92 said:
@quilsniv said:

For reference, this is nowhere near the end of the Friendly Neighborhood Universe. We still have a bunch of projects/spin-offs churning out, and Peter is going to be involved in most/all of them; the range of his involvement varies depending on which story. (His role could range from supporting character, to main character, to simply a cameo in the background.) So, if you're looking for more of this take of Peter, Cindy, Mayday, etc.? It'll be worth sticking around long-term. (And short-term for the next big ongoing-tier project, which I'll be announcing... relatively soon.)

Nice. And I Know I've Asked This Before. But, Do You Have Any Plans On Characters Like Miles Because Considering How Popular He's Become And The Potential That The Kid Has Are We Gonna Expect A Story Of Him Soon Down The Road. Any Idea Of A Take You Have Compared To His Other Iterations?AnyInspirations? How Do You Plan To Have His Relationship With Cindy. May Day I Can Imagine As A Sister. But, Any Plans You Have On Him And Cindy?

At the risk of massive spoilers, my goal is to massively redefine Miles in a way that hasn't really been seen before. While Miles was a well-written character in the Ultimate Universe, PS4 game and Into the Spider-Verse, I think that the current Miles in Prime Earth comes up a little short in terms of characterization.

So in the same vein of redefining Cindy as "Peter's cute adopted daughter", Miles is also going to be redefined in a way that is radically different from the mainstream version we are familiar with.

Nice. Any Inspiration You Have In Mind?

#452 Posted by QuilSniv (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@quilsniv said:
@marvelman92 said:
@quilsniv said:

For reference, this is nowhere near the end of the Friendly Neighborhood Universe. We still have a bunch of projects/spin-offs churning out, and Peter is going to be involved in most/all of them; the range of his involvement varies depending on which story. (His role could range from supporting character, to main character, to simply a cameo in the background.) So, if you're looking for more of this take of Peter, Cindy, Mayday, etc.? It'll be worth sticking around long-term. (And short-term for the next big ongoing-tier project, which I'll be announcing... relatively soon.)

Nice. And I Know I've Asked This Before. But, Do You Have Any Plans On Characters Like Miles Because Considering How Popular He's Become And The Potential That The Kid Has Are We Gonna Expect A Story Of Him Soon Down The Road. Any Idea Of A Take You Have Compared To His Other Iterations?AnyInspirations? How Do You Plan To Have His Relationship With Cindy. May Day I Can Imagine As A Sister. But, Any Plans You Have On Him And Cindy?

At the risk of massive spoilers, my goal is to massively redefine Miles in a way that hasn't really been seen before. While Miles was a well-written character in the Ultimate Universe, PS4 game and Into the Spider-Verse, I think that the current Miles in Prime Earth comes up a little short in terms of characterization.

So in the same vein of redefining Cindy as "Peter's cute adopted daughter", Miles is also going to be redefined in a way that is radically different from the mainstream version we are familiar with.

Not particularly? Friendly Neighborhood Miles is so radically different from any other take of Miles that there's no real place I can put down a specific Miles that I took inspiration from. I guess the closest I can aim for is the early Miles comics from the Ultimate Universe: a kid in way over his head with no idea where to go next.

Again, the capacity in which Miles is serving is something I'm not squealing on, because he's a bit further down the road, but the most I can say is that he parallels Cindy's own arc in a way that I personally think is really interesting. (Then again, I'm biased, aren't I?)

#453 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5221 posts) - - Show Bio

@quilsniv said:
@marvelman92 said:
@quilsniv said:
@marvelman92 said:
@quilsniv said:

Not particularly? Friendly Neighborhood Miles is so radically different from any other take of Miles that there's no real place I can put down a specific Miles that I took inspiration from. I guess the closest I can aim for is the early Miles comics from the Ultimate Universe: a kid in way over his head with no idea where to go next.

Again, the capacity in which Miles is serving is something I'm not squealing on, because he's a bit further down the road, but the most I can say is that he parallels Cindy's own arc in a way that I personally think is really interesting. (Then again, I'm biased, aren't I?)

Nice. You Know, With The Spider-Family, There Are Some Nice Interesting Parallels Here With Another Certain Family:

Silk-Barbara Gordan

Miles Morales-Dick Grayson/Tim Drake

Anya Corazon-Stephanie Brown/Tim Drake

Mattie Franklin-Stephanie Brown Whatever The Comparisons, Peter Deserves To Have the Spider-Family That's Being Built Upon. Not Exactly Like Batman, But, You Know, Done Well, In Line, And More Correctly.

#454 Posted by QuilSniv (423 posts) - - Show Bio
#455 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5221 posts) - - Show Bio
#456 Posted by QuilSniv (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@quilsniv said:

Prose time! A month later, with his series over, Peter now finds himself back to his adopted home, and finds a new direction to go in now that his family affairs are all straightened out.

Home is Where You Make It

Writer: Neil "QuilSniv" Bogenrieder

Editor: Nebel

@ursaber, @zariusii, @blackspidey2099, @mizerous, @marvelman92, @Elbarto17, @animehunter

This Was So Touching. Another Brilliant Work, Man.

Thanks, Marvelman. I really wanted to nail this one, especially given how important/sacred Peter's relationship to the F4 really is and is downplayed at current Marvel recently. (He didn't get an invite to Ben's wedding, even though he's practically family to them? C'mon.)

Either way, I just really wanted to pay the First Family and Peter their dues with this one.

Any other takers?

#457 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5221 posts) - - Show Bio

@quilsniv said:
@marvelman92 said:
@quilsniv said:

Prose time! A month later, with his series over, Peter now finds himself back to his adopted home, and finds a new direction to go in now that his family affairs are all straightened out.

Home is Where You Make It

Writer: Neil "QuilSniv" Bogenrieder

Editor: Nebel

@ursaber, @zariusii, @blackspidey2099, @mizerous, @marvelman92, @Elbarto17, @animehunter

This Was So Touching. Another Brilliant Work, Man.

Thanks, Marvelman. I really wanted to nail this one, especially given how important/sacred Peter's relationship to the F4 really is and is downplayed at current Marvel recently. (He didn't get an invite to Ben's wedding, even though he's practically family to them? C'mon.)

Either way, I just really wanted to pay the First Family and Peter their dues with this one.

Any other takers?

It's Really Nice That In Such An Age Peter Is In Right Now, Seeing Him Express His Feelings Towards The Suit Is Really Touching. Especially When It Took This Long To Do It.

#458 Posted by QuilSniv (423 posts) - - Show Bio
#459 Posted by ursaber (10139 posts) - - Show Bio
#460 Posted by QuilSniv (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:

@quilsniv: mysterious :)

I am nothing if not good at advertising my wares.

#461 Edited by ZariusII (5751 posts) - - Show Bio
#462 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5221 posts) - - Show Bio
#463 Posted by QuilSniv (423 posts) - - Show Bio

So I promised something big on Friday. And today's Friday, so here we are.

If you'll recall, I posted a prose last month, called "Home is Where You Make It." And our Friendly Neighborhood hero joined the first family for the first time (in-universe) ever. You can always be an Avenger, but that's a team. This is family.

So, after three months, I'm ready to unveil my next project, with the first three issues assistant written by our one and only @itsaworld. The Fantastic Five.

No Caption Provided

(Colors will be coming along soon, but I've already done the linework and the inks.)

While it's only a five-issue miniseries as opposed to a full-on ongoing, there's a lot going on here. Not only does Peter join the science team of the Marvel Universe, but it's essentially a callback to classic F4: exploring the universe and discovering the wonders beyond our little rock, all the while bickering along the way. This is no different, with the exception of an extra guy along for the ride.

The series will also serve to introduce new concepts to the FN Universe, as well as a catchup on what has happened in the cosmic side of things with the Annihilation Wave happening and Earth being cut off from the rest of the universe.

Like I mentioned, Itsaworld is the assistant writer for the first three issues, and I had a blast writing them with her. Science fiction and abstract concepts are a favorite of mine, and it was great to kick off the next phase of this universe on a strong right hook. Animehunter, my former co-writer, is now taking over full editorial duties for the rest of the series produced in this universe, starting with this title. The full solicit will be released as we usually do it: two weeks before the release of the issue itself. The debut of the first issue will be March 29th, (And solicited on the 15th) to wrap up the month.

Hope to see you all as we head on out, far beyond the stars.

#464 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5221 posts) - - Show Bio

@quilsniv said:

So I promised something big on Friday. And today's Friday, so here we are.

If you'll recall, I posted a prose last month, called "Home is Where You Make It." And our Friendly Neighborhood hero joined the first family for the first time (in-universe) ever. You can always be an Avenger, but that's a team. This is family.

So, after three months, I'm ready to unveil my next project, with the first three issues assistant written by our one and only @itsaworld. The Fantastic Five.

No Caption Provided

(Colors will be coming along soon, but I've already done the linework and the inks.)

While it's only a five-issue miniseries as opposed to a full-on ongoing, there's a lot going on here. Not only does Peter join the science team of the Marvel Universe, but it's essentially a callback to classic F4: exploring the universe and discovering the wonders beyond our little rock, all the while bickering along the way. This is no different, with the exception of an extra guy along for the ride.

The series will also serve to introduce new concepts to the FN Universe, as well as a catchup on what has happened in the cosmic side of things with the Annihilation Wave happening and Earth being cut off from the rest of the universe.

Like I mentioned, Itsaworld is the assistant writer for the first three issues, and I had a blast writing them with her. Science fiction and abstract concepts are a favorite of mine, and it was great to kick off the next phase of this universe on a strong right hook. Animehunter, my former co-writer, is now taking over full editorial duties for the rest of the series produced in this universe, starting with this title. The full solicit will be released as we usually do it: two weeks before the release of the issue itself. The debut of the first issue will be March 29th, (And solicited on the 15th) to wrap up the month.

Hope to see you all as we head on out, far beyond the stars.

Holy @#$% Man!!!!!! You Are Really Dedicated To This Project. Such Excitement In This Tells Me This Is Gonna Be One Heck Of A Story. And Since You Mention Annihilation, Are We Gonna Expect To See Some Characters Like The Guardians, The Shi'Ar, Surfer, And What Not? Are The Guardians Gonna Be Like An Amalgam Of The Regular Incarnation And The Film Version?

#465 Posted by ZariusII (5751 posts) - - Show Bio

Great to see @itsaworld involved with our community again, this will be a rock solid entry into your universe, and we get to see you handle Spidey again. Will MJ, Mayday and Annie show up too?

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#466 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6734 posts) - - Show Bio

@quilsniv: Awesome, that sounds great! Good luck, and I look forward to reading the latest mini-series.

#467 Posted by ZariusII (5751 posts) - - Show Bio

@quilsniv Also, with the newspaper strip going on hiatus in two weeks, this makes your series the only active continuity with a married Spidey.

#468 Posted by QuilSniv (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

Great to see @itsaworld involved with our community again, this will be a rock solid entry into your universe, and we get to see you handle Spidey again. Will MJ, Mayday and Annie show up too?

Since Peter's family has always been essential to him as a character, they will make an appearance; while their role in the story is more of a tertiary one, given that the focus is more on the team than Peter, they are a major source of inspiration for him to keep going on his travels.

Holy @#$% Man!!!!!! You Are Really Dedicated To This Project. Such Excitement In This Tells Me This Is Gonna Be One Heck Of A Story. And Since You Mention Annihilation, Are We Gonna Expect To See Some Characters Like The Guardians, The Shi'Ar, Surfer, And What Not? Are The Guardians Gonna Be Like An Amalgam Of The Regular Incarnation And The Film Version?

Pretty much as much of cosmic Marvel I can fit in will be making some kind of mention and several parts will be leaking into later works in the universe. The Guardians will have a role, with a mix of the DnA cast and some new additions that you've already seen in the universe in Days of Deception. Also appearing will be one of my favorite characters in all of Marvel; not as a Guardian, but I don't want to spoil it for y'all.

@zariusii said:

@quilsniv Also, with the newspaper strip going on hiatus in two weeks, this makes your series the only active continuity with a married Spidey.

Mildly terrifying, but I'll carry the burden of keeping up the marriage with pride.

#469 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5221 posts) - - Show Bio

@quilsniv said:
@zariusii said:

Since Peter's family has always been essential to him as a character, they will make an appearance; while their role in the story is more of a tertiary one, given that the focus is more on the team than Peter, they are a major source of inspiration for him to keep going on his travels.

@marvelman92 said:

Pretty much as much of cosmic Marvel I can fit in will be making some kind of mention and several parts will be leaking into later works in the universe. The Guardians will have a role, with a mix of the DnA cast and some new additions that you've already seen in the universe in Days of Deception. Also appearing will be one of my favorite characters in all of Marvel; not as a Guardian, but I don't want to spoil it for y'all.

@zariusii said:

Mildly terrifying, but I'll carry the burden of keeping up the marriage with pride.

Awesome On All Things!!!!!! Can't Wait!!!!!!!

#470 Posted by QuilSniv (423 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantastic Five #1 (of 5)

Neil Bogenrieder (W/CA) Nerd Wonder (AW)

-The first family has taken on new membership!... Not that they’ve never done that before, but when Spider-Man joins a team full-time, it’s kind of a big deal.

-So, with the whole team together, it’s time to go on the odyssey of a lifetime into the cosmos!

-Either that or stop the universe from exploding. Take your pick.

No Caption Provided

Here's to the new frontier. (Apologies for Sue's nose, I never got around to fixing it and her disturbing eyes.)

#471 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5221 posts) - - Show Bio

@quilsniv said:

Fantastic Five #1 (of 5)

Neil Bogenrieder (W/CA) Nerd Wonder (AW)

-The first family has taken on new membership!... Not that they’ve never done that before, but when Spider-Man joins a team full-time, it’s kind of a big deal.

-So, with the whole team together, it’s time to go on the odyssey of a lifetime into the cosmos!

-Either that or stop the universe from exploding. Take your pick.

No Caption Provided

Here's to the new frontier. (Apologies for Sue's nose, I never got around to fixing it and her disturbing eyes.)

They're So Cool!!!!! Really Cannot Wait!!!!!

#472 Posted by QuilSniv (423 posts) - - Show Bio
#473 Posted by ursaber (10139 posts) - - Show Bio

@quilsniv:

You should change the name of this thread to Friendly Neighborhood Universe Discussion!

#474 Posted by ZariusII (5751 posts) - - Show Bio

@quilsniv Well I definitely enjoyed that. Loved how you closed out the issue on a Parker family convo too. Peter best be giving Annie her chunk of the moon.

#475 Posted by QuilSniv (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

@quilsniv Well I definitely enjoyed that. Loved how you closed out the issue on a Parker family convo too. Peter best be giving Annie her chunk of the moon.

I figured giving Peter a pseudo-focus would be most effective for getting us out of the gate; given that he's had infinitely more character development, it's good to use him as the point of view and the emotional focal point to come home to his family.

I suppose "Will Peter get Annie the moon rock?" is the new motivation to keep reading the book, heh.

#476 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5221 posts) - - Show Bio

@quilsniv said:

Fantastic Five #1 (of 5)

"Question the Impossible"

Writer: Neil Bogenrieder

Assistant Writer: Nerd Wonder

Editor: Mohammed Jaafar

No Caption Provided

Holy @#$% This Was A Really Brilliant Issue!!!!!! I Really Love The Dynamic Between Spidey And The Family. I Really Love The Classic Banter Between Peter And Johnny. Really Nice Seeing Them As Close Brothers. I Also Really Love The Science Fiction Fantasy Friendly Feel You Put In For This. Feels Like A Classic Sci Fi Family Friendly Series(Despite All The Other Stuff). Also Love The Moment Between Peter, Franklin, And Valeria On How Weirded Out He Is On How Nonchalant Their Adventures Are. I Also Really Love The Moment Where Reed Made A Brand New Discovery On The Device. I Also Really Love How You Brought Gladiator Into This And How Much Of A Hardass He Is Towards The Five. I Also Really Love How You Brought In This New Character From.No Surrender Into This. It Really Makes Him Feel Like He Has A Much Bigger Role In His Background. And That's Saying Something For A Character Who'd JUST Been Introduced. I Also Like How You Brought In The Contiunity Between Thunderbolts And Annihilation. Really Does Well Knowing The Classic Timeline. I Also Find It Sad That Gennis Vrll Came Back Just To Be Killed. Really Sad How That Happened To Such A Character.

But, What I Really Found Surprising Was That Trabsformers Actually Exists In The Marvel Universe. You Think That Marvel Will License The Series Again Someday?

Anyway, Really Great Issue. Very Brilliant Start. Full Of Fun And Wonders. This Is What A Series Should Be For The Four As Well As The Classic Reunion. Such A Brilliant Issue. Really Cannot Wait For More.

Also, Any Thoughts On Slott's Recent Run On The Series?

#477 Posted by ursaber (10139 posts) - - Show Bio

@quilsniv:

Finally got around to reading F5.

Pretty fun.

Peter works well with the F4. Him in space feels a little out of his element.

A lot of cosmic sci fi terms and elements. Types of star's, spatial constructs, planets, aliens, star empires, etc. Love these types of stuff.

The ending with Peter talking to his family was also a nice closing.

-

Anything specific you wanted feedback on?

#478 Posted by QuilSniv (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelman92 said:

@quilsniv said:

Fantastic Five #1 (of 5)

"Question the Impossible"

No Caption Provided

Holy @#$% This Was A Really Brilliant Issue!!!!!! I Really Love The Dynamic Between Spidey And The Family. I Really Love The Classic Banter Between Peter And Johnny. Really Nice Seeing Them As Close Brothers. I Also Really Love The Science Fiction Fantasy Friendly Feel You Put In For This. Feels Like A Classic Sci Fi Family Friendly Series(Despite All The Other Stuff). Also Love The Moment Between Peter, Franklin, And Valeria On How Weirded Out He Is On How Nonchalant Their Adventures Are. I Also Really Love The Moment Where Reed Made A Brand New Discovery On The Device. I Also Really Love How You Brought Gladiator Into This And How Much Of A Hardass He Is Towards The Five. I Also Really Love How You Brought In This New Character From.No Surrender Into This. It Really Makes Him Feel Like He Has A Much Bigger Role In His Background. And That's Saying Something For A Character Who'd JUST Been Introduced. I Also Like How You Brought In The Contiunity Between Thunderbolts And Annihilation. Really Does Well Knowing The Classic Timeline. I Also Find It Sad That Gennis Vrll Came Back Just To Be Killed. Really Sad How That Happened To Such A Character.

But, What I Really Found Surprising Was That Trabsformers Actually Exists In The Marvel Universe. You Think That Marvel Will License The Series Again Someday?

Anyway, Really Great Issue. Very Brilliant Start. Full Of Fun And Wonders. This Is What A Series Should Be For The Four As Well As The Classic Reunion. Such A Brilliant Issue. Really Cannot Wait For More.

Also, Any Thoughts On Slott's Recent Run On The Series?

Thanks! The important thing for me was to place emphasis on the dynamic between the five, which is why their banter takes up the majority of the dialogue in the issue.

The Transformers have always kinda existed in a limbo state in the Marvel Universe since the 1980s, this was more or less me just making the confirmation that they exist in this universe. And given that IDW is looking to be up for sale soon, I imagine that Hasbro could give Marvel the license should the industry last that long.

@ursaber said:

@quilsniv:

Finally got around to reading F5.

Pretty fun.

Peter works well with the F4. Him in space feels a little out of his element.

A lot of cosmic sci fi terms and elements. Types of star's, spatial constructs, planets, aliens, star empires, etc. Love these types of stuff.

The ending with Peter talking to his family was also a nice closing.

-

Anything specific you wanted feedback on?

More on the technica stuff; pacing, dialogue, that kinda thing. Not necessarily continuity, since I've been roadmapping the universe and making sure the continuity is airtight.

#479 Posted by QuilSniv (423 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantastic Five #2 (of 5) Solicit

Neil Bogenrieder (W) Nerd Wonder (AW)

-The cosmic road trip of a lifetime continues here!

-With the first strike dealt, it's time for the Fantastic Five to begin hunting down the Archons!

-But out in space, safety is a luxury afforded to no one. Can the Fantastic Five find the Archons before they bite off more than they can chew?

#480 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5221 posts) - - Show Bio

@quilsniv said:

Fantastic Five #2 (of 5) Solicit

-The cosmic road trip of a lifetime continues here!

-With the first strike dealt, it's time for the Fantastic Five to begin hunting down the Archons!

-But out in space, safety is a luxury afforded to no one. Can the Fantastic Five find the Archons before they bite off more than they can chew?

Man, This Is Starting To Sound Crazy! Can't Wait :)

#481 Edited by QuilSniv (423 posts) - - Show Bio
#482 Posted by QuilSniv (423 posts) - - Show Bio
#483 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5221 posts) - - Show Bio

@quilsniv said:

New issue's up, folks! Grab it while it's hot!

Fantastic Five #2 (of 5)

"Black and Blue Amongst the Stars"

This Was Another Awesome Work You've Just Did!!!!!!!! I Mean, Wow!!!!!!! This Was A Really Fun And Really Interesting Issue. Really Love How The Team Had Their Chemistry With Each other And How They Traveled To Each World. I Really Love How You Put In The Worlds In Their Journey. Really Joyed When You Put In Cybertron There. I Also Really Love The Part With The Shop And The Bit With Johnny Involving His Former Love(Even If It Was Kinda Cruel). I Really Love The Whole Mystery There. It Felt Like A True Sci Fi Adventure. Like Star Trek And Many Other Sci Fi/Fantasy Series. I Also Really Love How Peter Brought In This Idea For Reed. Really Showed His Intellectual Aspect. I Also Really Like How You Brought In This New Character Captain Glory To Be Involved. From No Surrender, I Never Thought To See Someone Else Outside If A Comic Book Company Make Use Of Something More With Someone Like Him. Really Like How His Character Is In This. I Also Really Love The History Of The Watchers And The Aons. Really Great Jumping On Point For New Readers. I Also Really Love The Exciting Part At The End. Really Get Things Pumping For The Next Issue. Really Can't Wait!!!!!!

Also, Upon Reading Your Series And Ideas, Looking At Spider-Man's History, Do You Have Any Sorts Of Plans For Characters Like The Punisher? I'm Curious How You're Gonna Put Him In His Life. Any Plans For Fisk As Well Now That I Think About It?

#484 Posted by ZariusII (5751 posts) - - Show Bio

@quilsniv Ah, glad to see some people haven't forgotten Transformers were a part of the Marvel Universe...would love to see Circuit Breaker.

#485 Edited by QuilSniv (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

@quilsniv Ah, glad to see some people haven't forgotten Transformers were a part of the Marvel Universe...would love to see Circuit Breaker.

Those are some of my favorite bits of continuity from the 1900s Marvel.

I'm personally surprised nobody has commented on Richard Rider being Nova Prime in this universe, (Even though it's kinda been established in the supporting prose.) considering that most attempts to revive the Nova Corps have repeatedly ended in either failure or what is essentially boiled-down mall cops.

#486 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5221 posts) - - Show Bio

@quilsniv said:
@zariusii said:

Those are some of my favorite bits of continuity from the 1900s Marvel.

I'm personally surprised nobody has commented on Richard Rider being Nova Prime in this universe, (Even though it's kinda been established in the supporting prose.) considering that most attempts to revive the Nova Corps have repeatedly ended in either failure or what is essentially boiled-down mall cops.

In All Honesty, Nova Corps Being Reduced To Marvel Sorta Hinders On Their Status. Especially Since Richard Seems To Be The Only One Who Is The Most Powerful Of The Now Positioned Nova Corps. At Least Some Anyway.

#487 Posted by QuilSniv (423 posts) - - Show Bio

New solicit is up, y'all! See ya in two weeks for the halfway point!

Fantastic Five #3 (of 5)

-The birthplace of the Marvel Universe is revealed in the cosmic road trip to top all road trips!

-Even with the timely help of Richard Rider, aka Nova Prime, the mission remains the same: stop the Archons. Save the universe.

-So where can you get the off-the-books firepower for this kind of job? From the Guardians of the Galaxy, of course!

#488 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5221 posts) - - Show Bio

@quilsniv said:

Fantastic Five #3 (of 5)

-The birthplace of the Marvel Universe is revealed in the cosmic road trip to top all road trips!

-Even with the timely help of Richard Rider, aka Nova Prime, the mission remains the same: stop the Archons. Save the universe.

-So where can you get the off-the-books firepower for this kind of job? From the Guardians of the Galaxy, of course!

Birth Of The Marvel Universe? We've Gotten So Many Of Them. So, Would This Be Like A Celestial Thing, The Skyfathers Thing, TOAA Thing, Or Just The Famous Appearances Of Jack Kirby And/Or Stan Lee And Steve Ditko?

#489 Posted by QuilSniv (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@quilsniv said:

Fantastic Five #3 (of 5)

Birth Of The Marvel Universe? We've Gotten So Many Of Them. So, Would This Be Like A Celestial Thing, The Skyfathers Thing, TOAA Thing, Or Just The Famous Appearances Of Jack Kirby And/Or Stan Lee And Steve Ditko?

Not really a spoiler, but it's a Celestial-tier thing. Part of the Archon's plan is related to cosmic power hierarchy, and the Celestials are more or less part of their stepping stone plan, and it'll be explained in the issue itself.

#490 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5221 posts) - - Show Bio

@quilsniv said:
@marvelman92 said:
@quilsniv said:

Fantastic Five #3 (of 5)

Not really a spoiler, but it's a Celestial-tier thing. Part of the Archon's plan is related to cosmic power hierarchy, and the Celestials are more or less part of their stepping stone plan, and it'll be explained in the issue itself.

Nice. Any Build Up To The Cosmic Stuff Later On Like The Stones, The Skyfathers, The Eternals, Thanos, Anything?

#491 Posted by QuilSniv (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@quilsniv said:
@marvelman92 said:
@quilsniv said:

Fantastic Five #3 (of 5)

Nice. Any Build Up To The Cosmic Stuff Later On Like The Stones, The Skyfathers, The Eternals, Thanos, Anything?

Potentially. I had a long road map going from here, so I'm trying to only let out as little as possible while still answering questions. Some of that stuff will be used, some of it won't be. Not in the this run in particular, but later on down the line. I apologize for being cryptic, but that's part of the mystery, isn't it?

#492 Posted by ursaber (10139 posts) - - Show Bio

@quilsniv:

i'm a see if i can read F5 #2 this week end anf give you my thoughts over at discord

BTW, what do you think of Life Story so far? I have liked it but I loathed the ending of Life Story 3. Chip is a good Spidey writer but he's pronouncing and emphasizing that Spidey's foremost theme is how he's always excessively down on his luck with his personal life. And that trope truly tires one out.

#493 Posted by QuilSniv (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:

@quilsniv:

i'm a see if i can read F5 #2 this week end anf give you my thoughts over at discord

BTW, what do you think of Life Story so far? I have liked it but I loathed the ending of Life Story 3. Chip is a good Spidey writer but he's pronouncing and emphasizing that Spidey's foremost theme is how he's always excessively down on his luck with his personal life. And that trope truly tires one out.

Thanks, mate. And to everybody in here, if you want to get in touch with me more frequently, I'm over on Discord @QuilSniv#5789; so if you wanna back-and-forth on new ideas or just talk, that's where I'll be more readily.

And on Life Story, I don't necessarily mind the ending per se; I don't like it, but in this universe MJ kinda gets shafted by Peter getting sucked into Secret Wars (Not necessarily his fault, but it's implied that him running off for weeks at a time is a common occurrence and that Secret Wars is just the latest occurence) while she's heavily pregnant and taking care of his dementia-ridden aunt. (I don't think it's ever explained why Otto went back to being a bad guy, which is a common occurence in Chip's books; he wants a character to get from Point A to Point B, but never really goes into detail explaining how they got there.) So while I don't like the ending, I at least get why it was done. I'm hoping they'll reconcile, but I imagine the 90s will be about Peter getting together Felicia as a sort of trophy girlfriend and eventually finding his way back to MJ.

#494 Edited by ZariusII (5751 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still of the opinion Peter and MJ won't reconcile until they're both in their golden years, but I trust Chip to keep them best friends in the meantime who, while estranged, have each other's backs, with things complicated by the kids. Chip compares MJ to his ex-wife, who he's still very close to in his personal life.

@quilsniv

#495 Posted by ursaber (10139 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

I'm still of the opinion Peter and MJ won't reconcile until they're both in their golden years, but I trust Chip to keep them best friends in the meantime who, while estranged, have each other's backs, with things complicated by the kids. Chip compares MJ to his ex-wife, who he's still very close to in his personal life.

@quilsniv

So long as he doesn't go the divorced best friend route.

#496 Posted by ursaber (10139 posts) - - Show Bio

@quilsniv said:
@ursaber said:

@quilsniv:

Thanks, mate. And to everybody in here, if you want to get in touch with me more frequently, I'm over on Discord @QuilSniv#5789; so if you wanna back-and-forth on new ideas or just talk, that's where I'll be more readily.

And on Life Story, I don't necessarily mind the ending per se; I don't like it, but in this universe MJ kinda gets shafted by Peter getting sucked into Secret Wars (Not necessarily his fault, but it's implied that him running off for weeks at a time is a common occurrence and that Secret Wars is just the latest occurence) while she's heavily pregnant and taking care of his dementia-ridden aunt. (I don't think it's ever explained why Otto went back to being a bad guy, which is a common occurence in Chip's books; he wants a character to get from Point A to Point B, but never really goes into detail explaining how they got there.) So while I don't like the ending, I at least get why it was done. I'm hoping they'll reconcile, but I imagine the 90s will be about Peter getting together Felicia as a sort of trophy girlfriend and eventually finding his way back to MJ.

I understand Mary Jane's strains. They're understandable and I get that.

In the canon Peter and MJ also faced these terrible scenarios were their marriage was strained to the breaking point but they always managed to make it right again. Sadly that didn't happen here.

I too hope they reconcile but a gut feeling tells me it won't happen quite like we would like or if it happens at all.

#497 Edited by QuilSniv (423 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

So since the next issue is going to be cosmic-heavy, I figured it would be prudent to upload the new outfit/uniform of Richard Rider as Nova Prime. Since he is essentially maintaining his role as a military officer from Annihilation as the new leader of the Corps, the bulkier armor plating was essential since it wouldn't be cumbersome given the Nova Force's massive power. A bit of stubble went a long way to give him some personality and some experience, and I wanted to maintain as much of the DnA design but give it the FNU spin.

#498 Posted by MarvelMan92 (5221 posts) - - Show Bio

@quilsniv said:
No Caption Provided

So since the next issue is going to be cosmic-heavy, I figured it would be prudent to upload the new outfit/uniform of Richard Rider as Nova Prime. Since he is essentially maintaining his role as a military officer from Annihilation as the new leader of the Corps, the bulkier armor plating was essential since it wouldn't be cumbersome given the Nova Force's massive power. A bit of stubble went a long way to give him some personality and some experience, and I wanted to maintain as much of the DnA design but give it the FNU spin.

Huh, I See Some New Upgrades. Makes Him Feel Invincible And In Charge. Like He's More Dedicated To His Duty. Any New Color Schemes You Might Give Him?

#499 Posted by QuilSniv (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@quilsniv said:
No Caption Provided

Huh, I See Some New Upgrades. Makes Him Feel Invincible And In Charge. Like He's More Dedicated To His Duty. Any New Color Schemes You Might Give Him?

Not really. The gold helmet and armor w/ navy blue/black undersuit is an outift that's withstood about ten years of use (I'm counting the time between Thanos Imperative and Hopeless' Nova run since it was used in flashbacks without retcon) and I think it's a tried and true design. The only thing I might change (And that's a big might) is that his glowing bits from the Nova Force might be changed to a blood red to contrast against Sam's blue. (Though that's mostly because I think it works really well in Hopeless' Nova to indicate he's still part of the Cancerverse, and it might be in part due to Ian Herring's fantastic colors for that book.)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.