Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17252 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man General Discussion

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By QuilSniv

So, I totally screwed up and accidentally deleted the Q&A thread in a fit of impatience with my browser loading. But, you know, fresh start and all that. So, we're rebranding this as the all-new, all-different FNSM discussion thread. I'm a bit bummed that I screwed up this badly, but hey, it happens, and we're going to set it right.

So, this thread is a general for all of our previously released issues and all of our future content, along with the soundtrack and covers.

So, all @animehunter and I can do is get on our knees, grovel for forgiveness, and perform the "We Are Not Worthy!" thing from Wayne's World.

@itsaworld, @ursaber, @amazingfantasy

@Elbarto17 aka Punyparker, @zariusii, @blackspidey2099

@riscrit aka Spideyryan, @magnetic_eye, @theheaven_guardian10, @marvelman92

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@quilsniv:

Ah please, its no big deal. Its better now actually. However I would recommend against using the brand All New All Different since it was literally the brand of Marvel's worst lineup ever.

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By QuilSniv

Soundtrack (Will update frequently as necessary)

Series Theme: Mr. Blue Sky (Electric Light Orchestra)

Peter's Theme: The Old Man's Back Again (Scott Walker)

MJ's Theme: Hello, Turn Your Radio On (Shakespeare's Sister)

Peter and MJ's Theme: Love Me Like You Do (Ellie Goulding)

Spider-Man's Theme: His MvC3 Theme

Black Cat's Theme: Enjoy Yourself (Saint Pepsi)

Cindy's Theme: Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying (Bella and Sebastion)

Doc Ock's Theme: The Warmind (Martin O'Donnell)

Carlie's Theme: It'll Be Okay (Jazz Improv) (Griffin Lewis) (Skip to 7:25)

The Mighty Avengers Theme: The Imperial Suite (Michael Giacchino)

How Pale That Moon Glows: Never Forget (Midnight Version) (Kazuma Jinnouchi)

Our Power Always Rhymes: Spindlelegs (King Palmer)

Friendly Neighborhood Foes/The New Sinister Six: The Thieving Magpie (Gioacchino Rossini)

In Avengers We Trust: In Defense of Humanity (Brian Tyler)

Days of Deception: I Know You (White Buffalo)

Days of Deception Fallout: Cratered (Gordy Haab, Brian Trifon, and Brian Lee White)

Marvel Universe Rebirth: Inner Light (Michael Salvatori)

FNSM Season 2: Little Wonders (Rob Thomas)

Night of the Wraith: Fogwell's Gym (John Paesano)

Wraith's Theme: Long Night of Solace (Martin O'Donnell)

Family is But an Illusion: Go To the Light (Murder by Death)

Kaine's Theme: Redemption (Scars Suite) (Joseph Trapanese)

Aracely's Theme: Do You Realize? (The Flaming Lips)

With This Ring: Feeling Good (Michael Buble)

Peter and Cindy's Theme: Father and Son (MetroTokyo Edition Track 46) (Daft Punk)

Full Fathom Five, Thy Father Lies: Carnax Ignobilis (Austin Wintory)

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MarvelMan92

@quilsniv Wow, I Cannot Believe That You Accidentally Did That. Well, I Guess It's Fine Now. We Can Pretty Much Just Discuss Something New Here. So My Question Is:

1) Since Tony Has A Brand New Suit, Is He Gonna Play A Vital Role In The Series?

2) Will Other Characters Like Daredevil, Wolverine, Steve Rogers, TChalla, Moon Knight, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Misty Knight, Doctor Strange, Punisher, Jessica Drew, Carol Danvers, The Fantastic Four, And The X-Men Have Some Roles In The Series?

3) Will We Be Able To See Some Sort Of Storyline Involving The Kingpin?

4) Will Annie Play A More Vital Role In The Future As In Will She Be Able To Speak More Often?

5) Will There Be More Than One Team Helping You Out?

6) Will You Post The Soundtracks Again? I Really Love Those Songs.

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. I can't say much without giving really important plot elements away. So the best answer I can give is the one animehunter gave. MAAAYBE. Just kidding, he's going to have a big role in this arc, but I can't say about afterwards.

2. I actually have plans for most of these characters, plus a few not even on this list. I have plans for a few specific characters on this list, Captain Marvel in particular. But I, again, can't say a lot without giving their roles away.

3. No plans for Kingpin yet, but we're still working on upcoming storylines.

4. She'll be coming to the forefront in a few issues, in a supporting role actually.

5. We've got Shaun Martineau of Crawlspace and another guy coming on to do a really big storyline. Also we've got itsaworld on board for that variant, so there's that too.

6. Already done.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MarvelMan92
    @quilsniv said:

1. I can't say much without giving really important plot elements away. So the best answer I can give is the one animehunter gave. MAAAYBE. Just kidding, he's going to have a big role in this arc, but I can't say about afterwards.

2. I actually have plans for most of these characters, plus a few not even on this list. I have plans for a few specific characters on this list, Captain Marvel in particular. But I, again, can't say a lot without giving their roles away.

3. No plans for Kingpin yet, but we're still working on upcoming storylines.

4. She'll be coming to the forefront in a few issues, in a supporting role actually.

5. We've got Shaun Martineau of Crawlspace and another guy coming on to do a really big storyline. Also we've got itsaworld on board for that variant, so there's that too.

6. Already done.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! So, Will Spidey Be Using Some Upgraded Suits Or His Regular Suit? Will We Expect To See Eddie, Cletus, Or Just The Symbiotes Play A Role In This Series? Will We Expect Something To Do With Peter's Possible New Abilities? Do We Expect MJ To Have A Career?

As For The Other Stuff, Thank You For The Songs :) I Hope To Expect More In The Upcoming Arcs. And It's Great That You're Using Extra Help. Though, Mind If @itsaworld Be A Part Of Your Writing Staff? She's Got A Great Creative Mind And She Pretty Much Has Alot Of Ideas For The Character. Anyway, I Really Hope To See What You Guys Actually Really Have In Store For Us Soon :)

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man (2016) #8

(Coloured version will be out next week)

“In Avengers We Trust, Pt. 1: Red and Blue States”

Writer: Neil Bogenrieder

Assistant Writer: Mohammed Jaafar

Editor: Mark Alford

Cover

Line Art: Neil Bogenrieder

http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/2017/03/16/friendly-neighborhood-spider-man-2016-8-2/

-

@itsaworld, @ursaber, @amazingfantasy, @quilsniv

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: Again, a great issue from you guys. I've missed this kind of dickwad Tony (Bendis writes him like a try-hard goofball) and his interactions with Peter have a great sense of tone and heated chemistry to them. I wish more had been made of that relationship after Civil War, but the work of you guys makes up for that. You write a pretty sturdy Avengers roster, and...yay, at the Civil War reprise and Peter making the in-character decisions

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

@animehunter: Again, a great issue from you guys. I've missed this kind of dickwad Tony (Bendis writes him like a try-hard goofball) and his interactions with Peter have a great sense of tone and heated chemistry to them. I wish more had been made of that relationship after Civil War, but the work of you guys makes up for that. You write a pretty sturdy Avengers roster, and...yay, at the Civil War reprise and Peter making the in-character decisions

Thanks for those encouraging words

@quilsniv

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

Thanks for those encouraging words

@quilsniv

Just Read It And HOLY @#$%!!!!!!!!!!! MAN!!!!!!!!!!! Tony Nor The Avengers Held Anything Back!!!!!!!!! They Never Even Showed Any Sympathy For Their Actions!!!!!!!!!! And Silk.........Man........I Do Really Feel Bad For Her :( I Wonder What Tony Told Peter That Made Him So Furious....Whatever It Was, I Think He'll Be Incredibly Furious With Tony After What He Did And Will Be Doing To Silk. MAN!!!!!!!!!! I Can't Believe That I Have To Wait An Entire Month For The Next Chapter!!!!!!!! Things Were Going To Get Really Crazy!!!!!!!!!

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

I'd also like to give a big belated thanks. These kinds of things go a long way in keeping me going.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quilsniv said:
    @zariusii said:

I'd also like to give a big belated thanks. These kinds of things go a long way in keeping me going.

Take comfort in the certainty that you're already a kilometers better than the current ASM writer and any writer from the past 10 years. That's what I think of your clever and entertaining story and dialogue. The rich detail in the writing makes me wish I could see drawn panels in your FNSM so much.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MarvelMan92

@ursaber said:
    @quilsniv said:
    @zariusii said:

Take comfort in the certainty that you're already a kilometers better than the current ASM writer and any writer from the past 10 years. That's what I think of your clever and entertaining story and dialogue. The rich detail in the writing makes me wish I could see drawn panels in your FNSM so much.

Same!!!!!!! I Honestly Really Would Want To See What Your Entire Series Looks Like. I Mean, Your Series Is Actually What The Current Spidey Should've Been As Well As Other Characters. And I Really Love How You've Done Iron Man And His Relationships Between Both Peter And Cindy. I Really Would Love To See Your Series Come To Life More Often :) Also, I've Got A Couple Of Questions To Ask.

1) Will Spider-Man Be Able To Have A Team In This Series? Most Like Consist Of Street Level Heroes Like The Netflix Version Of The Defenders?

2) Will Iron Man Play Some Pivitol Roles In The Series? Like More Than One Arc?

3) Would We Expect Some Kind Of Sinister Six Related Story Coming Pretty Soon?

4)Would We Expect To See Some Growth To Both Peter And His Partner Cindy's Powers?

5)I Notice You Have 2 Female Artists In Your Series And You Actually Talk About Representation In Fiction. Mind Telling Me Your Thoughts On Representation In Fiction?

6)Can We Expect Anything From Normie Osborn Since It's Been Known That He Is Mentally Ill And More Like His Grandfather, Norman Osborn?

7) Will We Be Able To See Kaine More Often As The Series Goes By?

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92 said:

@ursaber said:
    @quilsniv said:
    @zariusii said:

Same!!!!!!! I Honestly Really Would Want To See What Your Entire Series Looks Like. I Mean, Your Series Is Actually What The Current Spidey Should've Been As Well As Other Characters. And I Really Love How You've Done Iron Man And His Relationships Between Both Peter And Cindy. I Really Would Love To See Your Series Come To Life More Often :) Also, I've Got A Couple Of Questions To Ask.

1) Will Spider-Man Be Able To Have A Team In This Series? Most Like Consist Of Street Level Heroes Like The Netflix Version Of The Defenders?

4)Would We Expect To See Some Growth To Both Peter And His Partner Cindy's Powers?

5)I Notice You Have 2 Female Artists In Your Series And You Actually Talk About Representation In Fiction. Mind Telling Me Your Thoughts On Representation In Fiction?

6)Can We Expect Anything From Normie Osborn Since It's Been Known That He Is Mentally Ill And More Like His Grandfather, Norman Osborn?

Whoo, more questions!

1. While our fair Mr. Parker will be doing the team-up (mostly with Cindy, but given her supporting character status, that's a given, but there'll be a third party here and there) he won't be part of any solid-roster team like the Defenders. It's kind of a knee-jerk reaction on my part that Peter often relies on other heroes recently (Slott even admitted this on his solicit for Vol 4 #28), so for now, Spidey and Silk are pretty much what you'll be getting this run.

2. The Iron Man armor will be playing a big role, at the very least. All I can say without giving away very crucial plot details.

3. As a follower of the Chekov's Gun writing style (Everything has a point) I put the word Sinister Six in there for a reason. ;)

4. Peter and Cindy have pretty much the best they can get. Peter has his base powers, with a few things from the Other left over (some of his extra strength is left, but the rest is only accessible when he's in dire trouble) but Cindy has none of the totem stuff that was linked to the pheromones. So, they can hone their powers to better control them (Cindy mentioned that she was still working on focusing her Spider-Sense) but the powers themselves won't be upgraded.

5. Representation is something I'm a little apprehensive to talk about in any situation, given it's a pretty big issue of discussion and there are people on my point of the socio-political spectrum who can get the point across far better than I can. But, to be brief as possible, your race, gender, sexuality, etc. That doesn't matter to me. It's who you are that matters, not what. And the same applies to characters in fiction as well. If they are defined solely by their sexuality/race/gender rather than their personality, they are not a character. Personality can be based on experiences they may have as a member of that group, but it can't be their sole defining trait.

As for who can work in the industry, the sky's the limit. If somebody tells you that aren't able to work in this field because you don't fit the societal norms for your class of person, then tell them they're wrong. The only thing that should bar entry is a lack of creativity.

6. Normie has not factored into the master plan so far. Besides, Conway is already handling Ozzy Jr. with too fine of a pen right now.

7. The Parker brothers are coming back together for a 2018 reunion tour. Also planning some sidekick shenanigans.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quilsniv said:

@marvelman92 said:

@ursaber said:
    @quilsniv said:
    @zariusii said:

Whoo, more questions!

1. While our fair Mr. Parker will be doing the team-up (mostly with Cindy, but given her supporting character status, that's a given, but there'll be a third party here and there) he won't be part of any solid-roster team like the Defenders. It's kind of a knee-jerk reaction on my part that Peter often relies on other heroes recently (Slott even admitted this on his solicit for Vol 4 #28), so for now, Spidey and Silk are pretty much what you'll be getting this run.

2. The Iron Man armor will be playing a big role, at the very least. All I can say without giving away very crucial plot details.

3. As a follower of the Chekov's Gun writing style (Everything has a point) I put the word Sinister Six in there for a reason. ;)

4. Peter and Cindy have pretty much the best they can get. Peter has his base powers, with a few things from the Other left over (some of his extra strength is left, but the rest is only accessible when he's in dire trouble) but Cindy has none of the totem stuff that was linked to the pheromones. So, they can hone their powers to better control them (Cindy mentioned that she was still working on focusing her Spider-Sense) but the powers themselves won't be upgraded.

5. Representation is something I'm a little apprehensive to talk about in any situation, given it's a pretty big issue of discussion and there are people on my point of the socio-political spectrum who can get the point across far better than I can. But, to be brief as possible, your race, gender, sexuality, etc. That doesn't matter to me. It's who you are that matters, not what. And the same applies to characters in fiction as well. If they are defined solely by their sexuality/race/gender rather than their personality, they are not a character. Personality can be based on experiences they may have as a member of that group, but it can't be their sole defining trait.

As for who can work in the industry, the sky's the limit. If somebody tells you that aren't able to work in this field because you don't fit the societal norms for your class of person, then tell them they're wrong. The only thing that should bar entry is a lack of creativity.

6. Normie has not factored into the master plan so far. Besides, Conway is already handling Ozzy Jr. with too fine of a pen right now.

7. The Parker brothers are coming back together for a 2018 reunion tour. Also planning some sidekick shenanigans.

I See. Well, That All Seems Really Good . I Kinda Agree With You On Peter Not Being Part Of Any Team For A While. I Just Think He Could Join A Team Like The Defenders As His Part Time. Plus, I Believe He'd Feel More Comfortable With Some Street Level Heroes Especially Ones He Actually Knows Very Well For A Long Time. Him With The Defenders Could Actually Be Something For His Operations And Development When It Comes To The Story And Where The Series Will Lead To For Him And His Partners Like Silk, Prowler, Felicia Hardy, Puma, And Possibly Miles Morales If You Intend To Bring That Character Along.

For Diversity, Yeah, I Actually Do Want To See More Representations On Diversity, But Not Too Overboard. For Things Such As Writers And Possibly Some Artists, As Long As They Have Talent, Then It's Fine. I'd Like To See Writers Like Geoffrey Thorne, Kelly Thompson, And Hannah Blumenreich Handling The Character As Well As Possibly Margurett Stohl, Marguirette Bennet/Sauvage, Ta Nehisi Coates, Katheryn Immonen, And Possibly Becky Cloonan. I Also Like To See Someone Like David F Walker Handling A Spider-Man Graphic Novel. You Mentioned That JK Rowlings Is A Spider-Man Fan. I'd Really Love To See Her Handle A Spider-Man Series Mostly Focusing On The Marriage And Anything She Would Want. I'd Like To See Her Make Some References To Some Fantasy Works And Science Fiction Related Stuff. She'd Bring Something Brilliant To The Character :) :D

For Normie, I'd Love What Conway Is Doing To The Character. Normie Has Always Felt Sick. He Seems To Carry Most Of Norman's Traits When He Was Born. He Kinda Reminds Me Of Norman Bates With The Gentleman And Adult Like Vocabularies And Manner, The Obsessive Compulsions With Their Parents And Relatives, And Their Mental Illness With Norman Having Mood Swings And Blackouts And Even Impersonating His Mother While Normie Just Acts Like His Father And Possibly Has Some Mooswings And Hallucinations. It's Kinda Crazy How Similar These Two Are. Normie Would Become Dangerous As Issues Go By. He Might Even Try To Harm Annie The More He "Obsesses" Over Her. All I Can Say Is That I Hope Annie Manages To Pull Through When She Confronts Normie.

As For Kaine, AWSEOME!!!!!!! I Can't Wait For The Spider-Brothers To Team Up Again. Really Excited To See Silk And Arcerly Interact And Bond As Two Sidekicks Bonding Over Their Teachers And Father Figures.

Anyway, I Cannot Wait To See The Later Issues Even With What Tony Stark May Be Up To. And I Have A Feeling That Peter And Tony's Confrontations Wouldn't Be A Really Gentle One. I Could Say It Could Be Even More Severe Than What Cap Did To Tony. Speaking Of Which, I Notice He's Not Part Of This Team. Are We Gonna Have A Story Featuring Cap And His Involvement With Both Peter And Tony As Well As The Other Avengers? Because If So, Then I'd Really Find This Intriguing.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man (2016) #9 Solicit

-After witnessing what Iron Man is capable of, Cindy has come to a decision.

-A decision that won’t make certain Avengers very happy, and they’ll do anything to stop her from leaving, including force.

-And her only hope for escape is that a certain someone will come to her aid.

-

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MarvelMan92

-A decision that won’t make certain Avengers very happy, and they’ll do anything to stop her from leaving, including force.

-

YEESH!!!!!! It Seems That Peter Won't Be So Forgiven On Tony Nor The Rest Of The Avengers For A While. Infact, I Don't Believe He'll Ever Be Contacting Them Again. That Is If A Few Of Them Like Carol, Jessica, And TChalla Will Come To Him And Apologize For Their Ruthless Behaviours And Their Treatment Toward His Protege, Silk. I Also Have A Feeling That Peter Would Have Some Constant Resentment, Hostility, And Anger Towards Tony. Speaking Of Which, You Mention That Death Is Pretty Much Permanent In Your Story. So, If Civil War Really Did Happen Then Is Cap Still Dead Around This Time. Because I Would've Been So Interested To See His Views On The Avengers And His Own Views On Heroism. I Believe He Would've Bonded With Peter And Silk Pretty Well. Anyway, This Issue Looks Really Interesting And I Really Cannot Wait To Read It :) :D

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ursaber

@quilsniv: Hiya there. I was wondering if you could give me some advice about writing comic books, full stories divided between several issues.

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter said:

-

YEESH!!!!!! It Seems That Peter Won't Be So Forgiven On Tony Nor The Rest Of The Avengers For A While. Infact, I Don't Believe He'll Ever Be Contacting Them Again. That Is If A Few Of Them Like Carol, Jessica, And TChalla Will Come To Him And Apologize For Their Ruthless Behaviours And Their Treatment Toward His Protege, Silk. I Also Have A Feeling That Peter Would Have Some Constant Resentment, Hostility, And Anger Towards Tony. Speaking Of Which, You Mention That Death Is Pretty Much Permanent In Your Story. So, If Civil War Really Did Happen Then Is Cap Still Dead Around This Time. Because I Would've Been So Interested To See His Views On The Avengers And His Own Views On Heroism. I Believe He Would've Bonded With Peter And Silk Pretty Well. Anyway, This Issue Looks Really Interesting And I Really Cannot Wait To Read It :) :D

Civil War never happened in this universe. Because we decided that people in the MU are able to use common sense and talk like rational people, Cap and Tony were able to broker an agreement: Two teams, neither working together. Cap's team, the Secret Avengers, keeps New York safe, with no government funding. Meanwhile, the Mighties are basically the equivalent of, say, a SPARTAN team from the Halo franchise: walking weapons of mass destruction deployed by armed forces. So, with no Civil War to happen, Cap never died. He'll play a role later on in the series.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MarvelMan92

@quilsniv said:
    @marvelman92 said:
    @animehunter said:

-

Civil War never happened in this universe. Because we decided that people in the MU are able to use common sense and talk like rational people, Cap and Tony were able to broker an agreement: Two teams, neither working together. Cap's team, the Secret Avengers, keeps New York safe, with no government funding. Meanwhile, the Mighties are basically the equivalent of, say, a SPARTAN team from the Halo franchise: walking weapons of mass destruction deployed by armed forces. So, with no Civil War to happen, Cap never died. He'll play a role later on in the series.

Huh, That Actually Sound Incredibly Very Interesting. So,I See We'll See Some More Team Divisions In Both Sides Of The Avengers. Are There Also Other Units On Both Avengers? And With The Heroes Finally Using Rationality To Create These Two Types Of Avengers, Are We Gonna See Some Story Arcs Involving Anything What Tony And The Mighty Avengers Might Do And Will They Involve Mostly Stealth And Sabotage? How Often Will Steve Serve For Peter, His Family, And His Protege Silk?

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

@quilsniv: Hiya there. I was wondering if you could give me some advice about writing comic books, full stories divided between several issues.

Certainly. My personal framing of story begins with two things: idea and what will happen as a result of the story. For example, when I was writing "How Pale That Moon Glows", I had the idea of Peter killing Doc Ock and the consequences of his actions before I even had a real story written. Once I have an idea of what I want to write, I move on to creating a traditional three-act structure. Typically, to maintain consistency, I like to write three-issue stories, which allows for the three main parts to be divided evenly. For the rest of the model, we'll use How Pale That Moon Glows as a basis.

The first issue typically sets up all of the pieces, in the rise of the story, with occasional details that may seem out of place, but will come into play by the end of the story or an adjacent storyline (I call this the Roberts Method; I picked this storytelling method up from Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye writer James Roberts). Act two is the climax, obviously, where everything comes to a head. (ex: Peter killing Doc Ock) And Act 3 should be used as either a continuation of the climax should you require more room or a settling down. Though this is basic writing 101, which I know you have good comprehension. Though if you have more or less than three issues per arc, it's up to you as the writer to equally pace yourself through the process to reach the right beats for the storyline.

This is probably the most important part: do not let things go back to the way things were when you started. While not everything should be a typical Slott or Bendis "Earth Shattering change!" or "The Marvel Universe will never be the same again!" ending, there should be at least some type of change of the status quo. (i.e. Spidey facing the trauma of Ock's death/Cindy's transition into Silk) from one arc to another.

Continuity is also a very strong thing to consider when writing stories. This is where the Roberts Effect comes into play. Consider the consequences Peter faced during Issue #4. Iron Man put him under satellite surveillance, not to mention the Avengers being uncomfortable with Peter's response to what was being put upon him. This comes back to bite him in Issue #8, where, by allowing Cindy to come into the superhero life under his tutelage, Tony believes Peter's mentor role to be hazardous to Cindy's development into adulthood. It's little tidbits carrying over from one arc to another that establish a tone of consistency between issues and between arcs.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quilsniv:

Thank you. Very helpful.

Something else. Writing 101, I'm not a writer per se. I'm a novice. I've written dialogue here and there but mostly fan fic.

My writing (pitiful actually) has been limited to explaining premises and making summaries of the entire story but an actual script is where I am completely overwhelmed. Writing the story and progressing it through dialogues, captions and narration boxes is what I lack.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

@quilsniv:

Thank you. Very helpful.

Something else. Writing 101, I'm not a writer per se. I'm a novice. I've written dialogue here and there but mostly fan fic.

My writing (pitiful actually) has been limited to explaining premises and making summaries of the entire story but an actual script is where I am completely overwhelmed. Writing the story and progressing it through dialogues, captions and narration boxes is what I lack.

Really? You Seem Like A Really Brilliant Writer To Me. I'll Admit, I Try To Create My Own Stories And My Own Methods Into Storytelling. But, At The Same Time I Try To Stay More Consistent Towards Them. I Also Try To Focus More On Characters And Create Some More Organic And Fleshed Out Dialogues But Sometimes Some Outlandish And Over The Top Ones. I Try To Make The Stories Be More Smart And Organic Instead Of Just Trying To Explain More Of The Premises. I Actually Like To Make Things More Fresh And Pretty Original In Terms Of Characters, Mythologies, Mythos, And Of Course Backgrounds And Plot Points And Possibly Even The Rules Into These StoryTellings. Anyway, We Do What We Can To Make The Best Stories Possible And So Far, Your Stories And Other Works Seem More Fine To Me. I Honestly Don't Know Why You're Doubting Yourself. I Mean, Yeah, Writers Tend To Be A Bit Down And Troubled And/Or Even Paranoid On The Things They've Written. But Your Work Seems Fine And You Honestly Really Shouldn't Feel More Down On Yourself At All....

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

@quilsniv:

Thank you. Very helpful.

Really? You Seem Like A Really Brilliant Writer To Me. I'll Admit, I Try To Create My Own Stories And My Own Methods Into Storytelling. But, At The Same Time I Try To Stay More Consistent Towards Them. I Also Try To Focus More On Characters And Create Some More Organic And Fleshed Out Dialogues But Sometimes Some Outlandish And Over The Top Ones. I Try To Make The Stories Be More Smart And Organic Instead Of Just Trying To Explain More Of The Premises. I Actually Like To Make Things More Fresh And Pretty Original In Terms Of Characters, Mythologies, Mythos, And Of Course Backgrounds And Plot Points And Possibly Even The Rules Into These StoryTellings. Anyway, We Do What We Can To Make The Best Stories Possible And So Far, Your Stories And Other Works Seem More Fine To Me. I Honestly Don't Know Why You're Doubting Yourself. I Mean, Yeah, Writers Tend To Be A Bit Down And Troubled And/Or Even Paranoid On The Things They've Written. But Your Work Seems Fine And You Honestly Really Shouldn't Feel More Down On Yourself At All....

I have good concepts and ideas but I cannot write dialogue or progress a story completely. I only write summaries and premises barely even reaching five pages. I am no writer, not truly, not like @quilsniv.

BTW if you want a fix for a good romance aside from Peter and MJ, go read Aquaman from New 52 and Rebirth. Favorite DC book aside from Red Hood and the Outlaws and Superman.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @marvelman92 said:
    @ursaber said:

@quilsniv:

Thank you. Very helpful.

I have good concepts and ideas but I cannot write dialogue or progress a story completely. I only write summaries and premises barely even reaching five pages. I am no writer, not truly, not like @quilsniv.

BTW if you want a fix for a good romance aside from Peter and MJ, go read Aquaman from New 52 and Rebirth. Favorite DC book aside from Red Hood and the Outlaws and Superman.

Really? Well It Kinda Seemed Like You Were Going Further Into Them. Well, If You are Trying To Make Some Projects Or Anything Like That Are You Interested In Working With Anyone Like Ones From Crawlspace Or Even In Here Exactly. Also, I Guess I'm Kinda In The Same Boat As You. I Kinda Have Alot Of Premises And Some Ideas For Some Dialogues And Characters But I Really Like To Make My Works More And More Continuous Or "Progressive" Like More Than Ten Pages Worth Of Scripts. Though I Think I've Gotten Like Maybe 10-12 Pages Than Yours TBH. I'm Just Trying To Make My Premises And Materials More Lengthy As All. But, We All Try To Think Clearly And Make Alot Of These Stores Work.

As For The Romance, Yeah, I Really Love RYV And I Really Hope The Merge Does Happen After Secret Empire Or During 2018. I Also Hope To See More Couples Of The Marvel Universe Come Back Together. So Far Medusa And Black Bolt Are Back Together Again. Hopefully The Same Could Be Said For Jessica And Luke, Misty And Danny, And Jean And Scott. Really, It's Been Really Crazy For Marvel In Terms Of Their Couples For Some Reason. As For Ororo And TChalla, I'm Just Wondering How Their Love Life Would Be Like If And When They Back Together Again. Well, I Guess We'll Just Have To Wait And See After Secret Empire And The Merge.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92:

I don't have any hopes for a merge or an OMD destruction any time soon, probably ever. Slott's bile got to me. I'm enjoying the hell out of RYV and will continue to do so.

All I can hope is that the main ASM book begins to tank and Marvel is forced in the position to take measures to revitalize the book, hopefully even previously locked measures like the marriage. But no hopes for now. Still want the marriage restored but that's it.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MarvelMan92

@ursaber said:

@marvelman92:

I don't have any hopes for a merge or an OMD destruction any time soon, probably ever. Slott's bile got to me. I'm enjoying the hell out of RYV and will continue to do so.

All I can hope is that the main ASM book begins to tank and Marvel is forced in the position to take measures to revitalize the book, hopefully even previously locked measures like the marriage. But no hopes for now. Still want the marriage restored but that's it.

Slott Is Full Of BS. Everything He Says Is Just To Get You Guys Under Your Skin Which Is Something A Writer Nor Someone Working On An Industry Shouldn't Do. The Guy Tends To Do All This To See You Guys Squirm To Him For Some Reason. Don't Take Anything The Guy Says Seriously. He's Been Doing This Kind Of @#$% To People For Years Now. It's Really Tiresome And Frustrating For A Guy Like Him To Do That Especially To His Fans And Readers And Ones Who Actually Enjoy His Works.

As For Marvel And The Marriages, Those Would Probably Be Back Looking Into More Of The News. Slott Should Be Gone Too. All I Could Honestly Say Is That Whoever Is Writing For The Main Book Next Better Have The Same Love, Passion, And Understanding Of The Character As Much As Us Fans Do Here. I'm Honestly Hoping It's Either Gonna Be Robbie Thompson, Charles Soule, Geoffrey Thorne, Gerry Duggan, And Probably Kelly Thompson Or Even Cullen Bunn For That Matter. Who The Next Writer Will Be, Better Show The Same Kind Of Love, Passion, And Understanding Of The Character As Much As Us Fans Do Here.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92: Yeah but ten years later all his BS has been proven true and the marriage hasn't returned. Personally I'd rather pretend OMD never happened and just make RYV canon and completely ignore it.

I just don't understand the WHY of things. Why does Marvel not want the marriage? If its because they themselves personally didnt like it, if so they deserve hell.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MarvelMan92

@ursaber said:

@marvelman92: Yeah but ten years later all his BS has been proven true and the marriage hasn't returned. Personally I'd rather pretend OMD never happened and just make RYV canon and completely ignore it.

I just don't understand the WHY of things. Why does Marvel not want the marriage? If its because they themselves personally didnt like it, if so they deserve hell.

Voices Of The Marriage Rose Up Higher For New And Old Readers. I Believe They'll Be Able To Bring It Back At Some Point.

As For Why They Didn't Want The Marriage To Even Happen, I Don't Know. I Honestly Don't Know Why They Don't Even Like The Marriage Nor Progressing The Character And Just Like Making Peter Into A Loser In Life While Getting Harassed 24/7 By Most People And Is Really Bad At Relationships And Get Embarrassed By His Aunt May And Keeps Making Idiotic And Even More Reckless Decisions. In All Honesty, It Seems More Like The Opposite Of What An Actual Spider-Man Fan Thinks Best For The Character And More Like Someone A Spider-Hater Would Even Enjoy Creating. I Don't Know. But In All Honesty, It's Actually Pretty Insane For Them To Even Think And Do That To This Character. -_-

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ZariusII

@ursaber said:

@marvelman92:

I don't have any hopes for a merge or an OMD destruction any time soon, probably ever. Slott's bile got to me.

If you're letting a compulsive liar get to you, that's a pity. I thought people would have learned their lesson by now after Clone Conspiracy brought back the "unworkable pile of goop" he swore up and down he couldn't use.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:
    @ursaber said:

@marvelman92:

I don't have any hopes for a merge or an OMD destruction any time soon, probably ever. Slott's bile got to me.

If you're letting a compulsive liar get to you, that's a pity. I thought people would have learned their lesson by now after Clone Conspiracy brought back the "unworkable pile of goop" he swore up and down he couldn't use.

No need to be so rough. I get that he is known for lying and misdirecting but its not as if I can just sweep it aside when 1- He works there and 2- There's no confirmation that OMD is slated for destruction other than several attacks on the storyline by different books such as Daredevil and Spider Man/Deadpool.

Whatever the case I don't despair at the inevitability that Slott's run will end sooner rather than later. If OMD or the marriage returns in canon I will be genuinely surprised and joyous. If a sliver of truth exists in Slott's bile, then the marriage being in lockstep is not just him but a higher power or something.

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, since I've started wrapping up FNSM "Season 1", I thought it'd be nice to share a little shortlist (that evolved into a rather long list that also explained why I like them and their work) of artists I'd like to see helm the title. This includes artists that I've already put in the preferred artist slot, as well as other artists that I personally like that I think would work with the tone of FNSM in general.

• Stefano Caselli- The man rocks it, and as a guy who's pretty much stapled to Marvel, I'm sure you guys have read at least one book with his art (ASM, Avengers: The Initative, Riri IIM, and Hickman's Avengers). Even if the writing blows, he usually carries it with his art with probably the most realisticly stylized art in the industry, making him the perfect choice for a Spider-Man run.
    • Sarah Stone- If you've never heard of her, there may be a good reason: she's pretty much exclusive to IDW (Her work being Transformers: Windblade and a single issue of Transformers: Robots in Disguise, as well as several covers for Baldur and interiors for the as-of-yet unpublished Spectrum). That and she's done very little published work due to being sick. But the reason I chose her for "In Avengers We Trust" is her ability to draw mechs as well as humans, hence a great artist for somebody like Iron Man and Spider-Man for prolonged periods.
    • Mirka Andolfo- Mostly a DC artist (I know her mostly from her DC Bombshells tenure) but she did the first two issues of the Ms. Marvel 2016 relaunch. (#12 for the 2015 registry) but she does rather... not cutesy, but certainly not exceptionally gritty artwork. She's kind of an in-betweener.
    • David Marquez- Up there with Caselli. He's most known for his exclusiveness to Bendis (He's done a lot of titles with the guy) and if you've never read the first five issues of Invincible Iron Man (2015), his Miles Morales work, or Civil War II (Bit of a stretch) the guy makes every panel worth looking at.
    • Alex Milne- Another IDW guy. He's another IDW staple, having been the head artist for Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye since 2012 (A comic which I seriously recommend for anybody, even if they're not a Transformers person; great writing and art for those with good taste) but he's had some trouble with editorial following miscommunication over his role in Lost Light (The MTMTE relaunch) but I would kill to get him as an artist.
    • Joey Vazquez- He doesn't have any published work yet (He literally got hired to Marvel last year), but his deviantart profile and self-created Digital Spider-Man will give you an idea of what he's good at; Spider-Man. He's a more refined Humberto Ramos, with just as much energy but more anatomically correct proportions, if incredibly stylized.
    • Terry Dodson- The guy draws a good Black Cat. If there was a reason to pick up The Evil That Men Do, it's Dodson's art.

@zariusii@ursaber@itsaworld@magnetic_eye

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quilsniv said:

So, since I've started wrapping up FNSM "Season 1", I thought it'd be nice to share a little shortlist (that evolved into a rather long list that also explained why I like them and their work) of artists I'd like to see helm the title. This includes artists that I've already put in the preferred artist slot, as well as other artists that I personally like that I think would work with the tone of FNSM in general.

• Stefano Caselli- The man rocks it, and as a guy who's pretty much stapled to Marvel, I'm sure you guys have read at least one book with his art (ASM, Avengers: The Initative, Riri IIM, and Hickman's Avengers). Even if the writing blows, he usually carries it with his art with probably the most realisticly stylized art in the industry, making him the perfect choice for a Spider-Man run.
    • Sarah Stone- If you've never heard of her, there may be a good reason: she's pretty much exclusive to IDW (Her work being Transformers: Windblade and a single issue of Transformers: Robots in Disguise, as well as several covers for Baldur and interiors for the as-of-yet unpublished Spectrum). That and she's done very little published work due to being sick. But the reason I chose her for "In Avengers We Trust" is her ability to draw mechs as well as humans, hence a great artist for somebody like Iron Man and Spider-Man for prolonged periods.
    • Mirka Andolfo- Mostly a DC artist (I know her mostly from her DC Bombshells tenure) but she did the first two issues of the Ms. Marvel 2016 relaunch. (#12 for the 2015 registry) but she does rather... not cutesy, but certainly not exceptionally gritty artwork. She's kind of an in-betweener.
    • David Marquez- Up there with Caselli. He's most known for his exclusiveness to Bendis (He's done a lot of titles with the guy) and if you've never read the first five issues of Invincible Iron Man (2015), his Miles Morales work, or Civil War II (Bit of a stretch) the guy makes every panel worth looking at.
    • Alex Milne- Another IDW guy. He's another IDW staple, having been the head artist for Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye since 2012 (A comic which I seriously recommend for anybody, even if they're not a Transformers person; great writing and art for those with good taste) but he's had some trouble with editorial following miscommunication over his role in Lost Light (The MTMTE relaunch) but I would kill to get him as an artist.
    • Joey Vazquez- He doesn't have any published work yet (He literally got hired to Marvel last year), but his deviantart profile and self-created Digital Spider-Man will give you an idea of what he's good at; Spider-Man. He's a more refined Humberto Ramos, with just as much energy but more anatomically correct proportions, if incredibly stylized.
    • Terry Dodson- The guy draws a good Black Cat. If there was a reason to pick up The Evil That Men Do, it's Dodson's art.

You could actually get these people to produce art for your FNSM!?

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quilsniv said:

Nice List. Totally Agree With You On David Marquez And Stefano Caselli. Now, Here Are My Preferred Artists For Spider-Man:

Stuart Immonen: The Guy Has Done Works On Spider-Man Before On Ultimate Spider-Man, An Issue Of Spider-Man Unlimited, New Avengers, Fear Itself, Heroic Age, And Of Course(Sadly) The Current Arc By Dan Slott. The Guy Does A Brilliant Depiction Of Peter Parker That I've Ever Seen. The Guy Captures The Emotions, Pressure, Tensions, And Intensity Happening To Each Characters And Fill Things With Such Horror And Craziness For Each Characters. I Also Love To See Him Handle Some Romantic Related Stories Involving Peter And MJ. Speaking Of MJ, I'd Love To See His Depiction Of MJ. I Believe He Can Do A Brilliant MJ Since He Depicted Jean Grey Very Well In His Work On All New X-Men. So Far His Only Depiction Of Her Comes From Ultimate So I'd Love To See How He Does The 616 Version Of The Character.

Phil Noto-I'd Love To See How He Does On The Character Having Some Much Scientific And Intellectual Feel Towards The Character And Have This Spy/Espionage Feel To It. I Also Like To See Some Deep Psychological Story Involving Peter And MJ Since He's Done So Well On His Works On Black Widow.

Adam Kubert-The Guy Has Done Spider-Man Before In Dark Reign: The List: Spider-Man, Astonishing Spider-Man/Wolverine, AvX Issue # 9, Renew Your Vows Vol 1, And The Upcoming Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man Series by Chip Zdarksy. The Guy Can Make Things Intense, Warm, Heartwarming, Exciting, Entertaining, And Magical Towards The Character. He Could Also Make Some Great Romance Towards Peter And MJ Like He Did Back In The First Volume Of Renew Your Vows. So Seeing Him Touch Upon The Magic Of The Character And The Romance Would Be Really Great To See.

Leinel Francis Yu-He Did An Issue Of Avenging Spider-Man Featuring His Time With Cap, Secret Invasion, New Avengers, And Secret Wars: Civil War. The Guy Could Do Well With The Psychological Horror Towards The Character And Could Actually Do Well With Some Stories Involving Kraven. He Can Make Things More Intense For The Character And For Other Characters Like Kraven, Norman, Shocker, Electro, Kingpin, Jameson, Mary Jane, Eddie Brock, Cletus, Flash Thompson, Betty, Joseph Robertson, And Other Characters Like Mac Gargan And The Chameleon.

Nick Bradshaw & Arthur Adams-While Nick Has Done Some Issues Of Spidey And Has Done Some Involvements In The Romance, Both Him And Arthur Could Actually Capture The Emotion And Intensity And Epic Feel Towards The Character, His Struggles, His Crazy Life As A Hero And A Civilian, And His Involvement With MJ. They Could Also Make Things Horrorific Towards The Characters. They Could Actually Deal With Some Monsters Or Sadistic Murderers. Things Would Be Pretty Crazy For The Two.

GuriHiru-The Guy Has Done Spider-Man Before In Some Crossovers With The Power Pack And Some Variant Covers. So I'd Like To See Him Handle A Couple Of Special Since He Obviously Captures The Family Friendly Styles Of Some Of The Stories. I Would Like To See Him Involved More On The Parker Family And Mostly Annie's Stories.

Daniel Acuna-The Guy Has Done Work For The Character Back In Avengers And New Avengers by Brian Michael Bendis. I'd Like To See Him Tackle On The Character Which Would Involve Some More Grounded And Horror And Thriller Type Of Stories. He Could Have Some Important Stories Involving Mary Jane And His More Personal Lives As Peter Parker. Things Would Actually Be Pretty Exciting For The Character.

Marguirette Bennett/Sauvage-While Doing Some DC Works On Bombshells And Wonder Woman And Even Black Canary, She Has Done Some Work On Thor, Has Written For Angela, And Has Done That Short Story Of RYV In The First Issue. I Like To See Her Tackle Some Stories Or A Comic Involving Mary Jane Since She Captures The More Beautiful And Fashionable Style Of The Character And Attitude. She Could Make Things More Enjoyable And Exciting. Plus, She Actually Does Capture On Of The Best Depictions Of Mary Jane That I've Actually Ever Seen. So, I'd Like To See Her Handling Both Peter And MJ.

Guieseppe Camuncoli-While Being Stuck Under A Rut By Slott, The Guy Does Have The Potential To Capture The Psychology And Intensity Of The Character If Done Right And Can Actually Do A Really Good Job With The Marriage As Seen In The Short Story by JM DeMatteis In Issue # 700 Of Slott's ASM Run. So, If Done By The Right Writer, The Guy Could Have The Potential To Have Some Of The Best Takes On The Character.

David Aja-Back In Fraction's Hawkeye Series, The Guy Could Perfect Capture The Everyday Life And Indie Feel Of The Character Making It Feel Fresh, Heartwarming, Enjoyable, And Entertaining And Even More LightHearted In Some Areas. So, If They Ever Do Go More Indie On The Character, I'd Love To See Aja Tackle That On The Character Like He Did In His Hawkeye Series.

Jim Cheung-The Guy Did The Character Back In His Young Avengers Books, New Avengers, Avengers, Some Covers Of Spider-Men, And Issue Of Spider-Man Unlimited, AvX, And The Recent Clone Conspiracy Arc/Event. The Guy Can Be Able To Capture The Magical And Psychological Horror Of The Character And Can Make Things More Heartwarming, Whimisical, And Have This Sort Of Sci Fi Magic Feel To Them. Plus, He Could Handle The Marriage And Family Aspect Better In More Certain And More Personal Stories For Each Character.

Tony Moore-The Guy Has Done Works On Agent Venom And Even Deadpool If You Ever Want To Count Him. The Guy Can Do This Whole Cartoonish Horror To What The Character Would Actually Be Facing Like Mostly In Night In Some Ruined Areas When He Gets Attacked By Horrifying Villains Like The Green Goblin, The Hob Goblin, Venom, Carnage, Lizard, Kraven, And Rhino For Intensity Purposes. The Guy Could Make Things More Exciting For The Character.

Ryan Ottley-Better Known To His Work On Invincible And An Issue Of Superman/Batman(Starring Deadpool), The Guy Could Handle The Intensity And Craziness Of What The Character Of Spider-Man Would Be Going Through Knowing His Work On Invincible. The Guy Could Handle Some Great Expressions For The Character Whenever Things Get A Bit More Intense Or Sorrow For Them. He Can Also Handle The Romance Between The Characters As Well Including Handling The Family Aspect Looking At His Work On Invincible. I'd Love To See How He'd Handle The Likes Of Goblin And Octavious And Even Cletus And Kraven And Even Eddie Brock.

Hannah Blumenreich-As You Guys May Have Known, The Woman Has Been Working On Some Short Stories Featuring The Character Mostly Involving His Time As A Teenager. The Writer/Artist Has Recieved Some Awards For Her Stories And Got A Position At Marvel Doing A Short Story Featuring Peter And His Care On A Lost Dog. Her Stories Can Make Things More Heartwarming, Naturally, Hopeful, And Grounded. While Doing Some Works On The Character, She Has Never Done One On The Adult Version. Though, Luckily She Admitted That She Wants Peter To Be A Highschool Teacher. The Woman Really Knows Her Peter And Spider-Man. So, She Should Have No Problem With The Character. I'd Love To See Her Handling The Romance And The Family Aspects Making Them Feel More Refreshing And More Hopeful And Grounded Towards Reality. Plus, She Could Be The First Female Writer/Artist In The Longest Ongoing For The Character. So Giving Her A Position For Such An Iconic Character Could Actually Mean Something Not Just For Female Writers And Creators, But Also Diverse Creators In General.

Gabrielle Dell Otto-While Doing Some Variant Covers For The Character, He Has Done Some Works Back In Secret War by Bendis And The Graphic Novel Called Family Business by Mark Waid And James Robinson. I'd Like To See Him Tackle Another Spy/Espionage Story Featuring Black Widow As A Game Of Wit And A Psychological Study As Both Insects Play Games With Eachother. I Also Like To See Him Tackle On A Thriller Type Of Story Featuring And Inspired By Real Life Events Such As Black Lives Matter And Other Terrorized Events. The Guy Could Make Things Feel More Dangerous For The Character And His Loved Ones.

Olivier Coipel-The Guy Has Done Some Work On The Character Before Back In The Avengers And New Avengers by Bendis, The Heroic Age, Seige, AvX, A Few Issues Of Spider-Verse, And Possibly Dark Reign. The Guy Can Handle Some More Intense, Magical, And Horrific Events Towards The Character. Like The Fights Can Become More Barbaric And Life Threatening And Can Make Things Alot More Cinematic For Each Each Character And Events. The Guy Could Do Well With The Romance And Family Aspect As Well As The More Deep And Personal Aspects. I'd Love To See Him Tackle Some More Magical And Sci Fi Related Stories.

Nilah Magruder-The Only Marvel Work She Seems To Have Done Is The Marvel Infinite Comic Series Featuring Rocket Raccoon And Tippy Toe. While Just Starting Her Work At Marvel, The Woman Can Make Some More Family Friendly And Heartwarming Aspects For The Characters And I'd Honestly Love To See Her Handle The Romance And Some Stories Featuring Annie. She Can Be Able To Make Things More Enjoyable For Them And Could Be The First African American Female Handling Such An Iconic Character As Spider-Man As Well As His Family.

Paolo Rivera-While The Guy Did Some Works For The Character Post OMD He Has Sadly Been Involved In The Dreaded OMIT Story by Joe Quesada. The Guy Could Actually Make Up For This If He Could Handle The More Romantic Aspect Of The Character As Well As The More Horrific And Psychological Stories Involving The Character. The Guy Perfectly Captures The Classic 60s And 70s Feel Like Marcos Martin, Mike Allred, David Aja, And Tim Sale And Even Ty Templeton. So Hopefully Rivera Will Be Able To Make Up For Them.

Veronica Fish-With Her Work On Spider-Woman, The Woman Can Actually Capture The More Fun And Classic Feel Of The Stories. She Also Has This More Charming, Cartoonish, And A Bit Thrillish Feel So Seeing Her Handle Spider-Man And His Family Would Be A Great Treat.

Mark Bagley-The Guy Famous For His Long Time Works On The Character Back In Spectacular, Amazing, Web Of, Ultimate, And His Involvement With The Avengers And His Upcoming Scarlet Spider Series. He Actually Captures The More Romantic Aspects And More Psychological Aspects. With How He Does The Characters In Terms Of Warmths, Tension, Pressure, Intensity, And Psychology, He's Been Able To Make Them More Engaging Drawing You In. Plus, He Does Well With The Romantic Side Making Them Feel Heartwarming, Organic, Real, And Life Like. I Like To See Him Be The One Who Introduce Us To The Merge And The Start Of Marvel's Own Rebirth Series. It'd Be A Very Brilliant And More Meaningful Welcome To The Character.

Sandford Greene-Not Anything Has Been Shown For The Character But His Depiction On Miles And Deadpool In His Work On Power Man & Iron Fist Does Show He Has Some Decent Potential. With His Depiction On Some Crazy Pop Culture And Cartoonish Depiction On Surburban Areas And Street Level Crime, He Could Make Things Pretty Exciting For The Character. I'd Also Like To See A Story Involving His Romance With Mary Jane And His Time With His Daughter Annie.

Todd Nauck-The Guy Is Best Known For His Works On The Character And Has Been Been Involved In Some Really Great Stories With The Character. He Also Seems To Be A Strong Supporter Of The Marriage Seeing His Fan Arts. So Seeing Him Do Some More Stories Even Ones Mostly Involving His Time With His Family Could Be A Very Nice Welcome For Fans And Himself.

Mark Brooks-The Guy Has Done Works For The Character Back In The Marvel Age Series, The Ultimate Spider-Man Annual Featuring Kitty Pryde, Punisher, And Daredevil, Avengers, New Avengers, And That Spider-Man/Howard The Duck Crossover Story. As A Big Anime/Manga Fan I'd Love To See Him More Involved With The Character And Handle The Romance And Family Aspects Making Them Feel More Heartwarming And Grounded.

Alex Ross-The Guy Has Done Some Variant Covers Featuring The Character And Has Done Some Under Slott. The Guy Has Got The Potential To Make Some Really Compelling And Breathtaking Work On The Character If Handled Correctly By The Right Kind Of Story He's Suppose To Be Involved In. The Guy Can Make A Great Romantic Cover Featuring Peter And MJ. So, Hopefully He'll Be Able To Have That In Some Future Issues Of RYV And Some Books Not Under Slott.

Chris Bachalo-The Guy Has Done Work On The Character Back In His Run On ASM by Zeb Wells And In Some Avengers Books As Well As His Wok On The Sinister Spider-Man. He Can Actually Bring The More Dark, Craziness, Wickedness, And Even Intensity Of The Character's Struggles And Life. He Could Also Make Thing More Enjoyable Between Him, Mary Jane, Annie, Felicia, Jameson, Eddie, Connors, Cletus, Octavious, Kraven, Norman, Betty, Flash, Joseph Robertson, Ben Urich, And A Couple More Others. It'd Actually Be Really Exciting To See That Happening To The Character And The People Around Him.

Stephanie Hans-With Her Work On Angela, I Like To See Her Involved In A Story About Something Magical And Psychological Towards The Character And Have Her Be Involved In Some Romance With Mary Jane. She Captures The More Magical And Vibrant Style Of This Kind Of Story The Characters Would Be Involved In.

Honorable Mentions: Kris Anka, Carlo Barberi, Ron Frenz, Ed McGuinness, Dustin Weaver, Jerome Opena, Clayton Henry, Joe Maduiera, Ty Templeton, Marcos Martin, Scott Kobish, Ramon Perez, Bengal, Leonardo Romero, Greg Smallwood, Chris Samnee, And Even Ron Garney, Mike Del Mundo, Goran Sudzuka, And Joe Quinones.

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: In our wildest dreams, maybe. But I'm not really in a position to hire artists with an assumed higher paycheck to do art for a book that isn't technically legal. (Going back to the whole Cease and Desist fiasco we could face should it get much higher off the ground.)

Also, I apologize for my excessive absence. I was away at an art festival in Oklahoma, and there wasn't any wi-fi. I think you guys can figure out the rest.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quilsniv said:

@ursaber: In our wildest dreams, maybe. But I'm not really in a position to hire artists with an assumed higher paycheck to do art for a book that isn't technically legal. (Going back to the whole Cease and Desist fiasco we could face should it get much higher off the ground.)

Also, I apologize for my excessive absence. I was away at an art festival in Oklahoma, and there wasn't any wi-fi. I think you guys can figure out the rest.

Our dreams are all we have... and the stuff we actually do in real life LOL. Aren't artists paid very little in the industry? (blasphemy because an artists work is the thing most people are going to see in a comic. That being said, there are tons of artists and not as much skilled writers).

As for your absence, pretty sure your real life stuff is far more important. This site is just for fun so don't sweat it, there's nothing to apologize. But glad to have you back with us. How was the festival and when is the new issue of FNSM coming out?

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quilsniv said:

Well, It's Actually Always Great That You Are Actually Having Some Fun There. I Bet You're Trying To Improve More Of Your Artworks There As Well. Also, Speaking Of Which, What Are Your Thoughts On My Choice Of Artists? Also, Like @ursaber Asked, When Can We Actually Expect The Latest Issue Of FNSM To Be Released?

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the lineup is pretty solid. I do think that Alex Ross belongs back at DC (his magnum opus Kingdom Come is from there) but what you've got is a solid lineup of artists for a rotating lineup.

And for both of you guys, FNSM #9 is going to be released this Thursday.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quilsniv said:

I think the lineup is pretty solid. I do think that Alex Ross belongs back at DC (his magnum opus Kingdom Come is from there) but what you've got is a solid lineup of artists for a rotating lineup.

And for both of you guys, FNSM #9 is going to be released this Thursday.

I Think That Alex Ross Should Work At Both. Love The Guy At Marvel. Plus, I Think He Should Do Some Variant Covers Relating To The Marriage. I Also Like To See Him Do A Series Similar To His Work On Marvels by Kurt Buseik. But, Thank You For Really Loving My Line Up :) :D Really Hope To See Them Work On Spider-Man. Especially Ross On The Variant Covers.

Also, Can't Wait For The Latest Release Of FNSM. Things Are Actually Really Getting Alot More Interesting There :) :D

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man (2016) #9

http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/2017/04/14/friendly-neighborhood-spider-man-2016-9/

“In Avengers We Trust, Pt 2: Rage Against the Machine”

Writer: Neil Bogenrieder

Assistant Writer: Mohammed Jaafar

Editor: Mark Alford

Cover

Line Art and Colors: Neil Bogenrieder

-

HOLY @#$% WAS THIS A REALLY BRILLIANT CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!! I MEAN.......WOW!!!!!!!! I Really Love How You Actually Make Silk's Thoughts And Actions Towards The Avengers And On Spider-Man More Interesting And Meaningful. It Actually Really Shows How Much Mature Cindy Is Actually Growing. I Also Love How Far Tony's Actions Took Losing A Member Of His Team And Getting Beaten And Humilated At The Process. Love How He's Actually Becoming More Like Peter's Jameson But Worse And Alot More Controlling. Of All The Things Tony Had Endured, He's Really Becoming More Of A Dictator Than He Was Back In Civil War. I Also Really Love How You Actually Wrote Peter As A More Mature And Wise Person. It Actually Really Shows How Much Interesting Of A Character Peter Has Actually Really Become. I Feel That Peter Is Now Tony's Steve Rogers Now That Steve Is In Hiding With The Secret Avengers. I Also Love How Lively Peter Is Around MJ And Feels So Energetic About His Life. The Chemistry Between Peter And MJ Was Also Very Refreshing And Adorable. It's Really Quite Cute How Much This Couple Has Become. Really Sad How Carol Left The Team Especially With What Tony Was Doing To Peter And Silk. It Was Also Rather Shocking How The Other Heroes Ganged Up On Silk. Things Would've Gotten Alot More Ugly Had They Ganged Up On Her A Little Bit Longer. Really Love The Joke About Heroes Fighting Eachother XD. It Was Really Needed XD. Anyway, With How The Mighty Avengers Are, Trying To Stalk Peter And Silk And How The Team Operates, I Wonder What Else Are They Gonna Do Now That Tony Has Become Even Worse. Also, I Really Find It Odd How Silk Hadn't Made A Comment About Tony Being A Hypocrite When He Judged Peter For Killing Otto. I Felt That Needed To Have Service There Or Something In The Near Future. Anyway, Really Brilliant Chapter. I Cannot Wait To See What You Guys Actually Have In Store For Us!!!!!!!!! :) :D

Also, Is The Short Story Illustrated By Todd Nauck, Mark Bagley, Or Ryan Stegman Since It's Dealing With Clones?

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter:

Okay, so I managed to read it all last night and all in all, a good story. Fantastic job at character construction and showcasing their personalities. Silk talking to Carol was a delight and made the Avengers seem more human...at least for a moment before chasing her. That's where I got sorta confused. Why on earth were they trying to lock her up in the tower when it was supposed to be a test run. Was there something more nefarious planned?

Also, as much as I get why he is designed to be an ass, why do we always constantly write Tony to be such a nightmare in stories focusing on Married Spidey. I understand he was one of the catalysts that caused OMD to occur but he chilled out fairly fast after Civil War and tried to make amends, not to mention Civil War never occurred in this world so why is he so gun ho about stuff and acting crazy? Will we go deeper into this in the future stories? It's obvious he is becoming obsessed with Peter but I want to know why.

I really thought it was cool how Carol takes stage and says she is done, but at the same time THIS IS WHAT MAKES YOU QUIT?! You are okay with chasing down Silk who confided in you moments ago that she was unsure about this, you are willing to bust into Peter Parker's house, you are cool with bugging Peter's home because he was forced to kill a villain to protect a baby, raiding his home without right to do so, but when you find out that Tony has been threatening to expose Peter as spiderman...THAT'S WHEN YOU DRAW A LINE?!?! It just seems so weird to me.

Also, I feel that Annie isn't being fully used. You make sure to announce that she is present but she does nothing to the story. At most points, you could even forget she was even there and no one would notice. She was prominent in the chapter with Otto, but that is it. I feel that there is potential in using her more within the story.

She's at the starting ages where she is beginning to understand what is going on around her and she is starting to identify things. If the avengers came barging into her house, I have a feeling she'd react a certain way and say things. For example: IronMan is probably seen on TV alot and media and parades so Annie probably understands that he is a good guy and sees him as some sorta Mickey Mouse. So when he comes to her house and is wicked pissed, she is going to be pretty confused. All I really know about her is that she can sorta talk and that's it. She can be very useful still even at her age. In MR and MRS Spider-man, most stories ensured to revolve around infant Mayday in some way so she'd be crucial to the plot. She was showcased in stories that didn't center around her and kinda showed her personality at her tender age.

Still there is alot of fantastic things in this story that makes me enjoy reading it. As I said before, the characters are well written and have created a proper adaptation of Silk that is enjoyable to read. Mary Jane and Peter relationship is always fun to see how it goes about in this universe, not to mention showcasing how Peter loves to tinker with random stuff. Small bits and peices added in have always granted this story some special fun. The DeadPool piece was a hoot and was really spot on. I could definitley see this happening (did peter give the plushie to Annie?). Carlie and Yuri are also granted some real character designs as well, something that the series failed to do when writing them.

The story is always flowing at the right pace and knows when to slow down or speed things up. Others do not know how to do this so it is a big feat!

The ending part also showcases a brighter future at the end of the day, something that Spider-Man is kinda known for in later runs. As things don't always go as planned and things can mess up, but there's always a tomorrow and there's always some good there. I can't wait to see Kaine make an appearance in the stories!

Looking forward to another chapter!!!

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By animehunter

@quilsniv

@itsaworld said:

@animehunter:

Okay, so I managed to read it all last night and all in all, a good story. Fantastic job at character construction and showcasing their personalities. Silk talking to Carol was a delight and made the Avengers seem more human...at least for a moment before chasing her. That's where I got sorta confused. Why on earth were they trying to lock her up in the tower when it was supposed to be a test run. Was there something more nefarious planned?

Also, as much as I get why he is designed to be an ass, why do we always constantly write Tony to be such a nightmare in stories focusing on Married Spidey. I understand he was one of the catalysts that caused OMD to occur but he chilled out fairly fast after Civil War and tried to make amends, not to mention Civil War never occurred in this world so why is he so gun ho about stuff and acting crazy? Will we go deeper into this in the future stories? It's obvious he is becoming obsessed with Peter but I want to know why.

I really thought it was cool how Carol takes stage and says she is done, but at the same time THIS IS WHAT MAKES YOU QUIT?! You are okay with chasing down Silk who confided in you moments ago that she was unsure about this, you are willing to bust into Peter Parker's house, you are cool with bugging Peter's home because he was forced to kill a villain to protect a baby, raiding his home without right to do so, but when you find out that Tony has been threatening to expose Peter as spiderman...THAT'S WHEN YOU DRAW A LINE?!?! It just seems so weird to me.

Also, I feel that Annie isn't being fully used. You make sure to announce that she is present but she does nothing to the story. At most points, you could even forget she was even there and no one would notice. She was prominent in the chapter with Otto, but that is it. I feel that there is potential in using her more within the story.

She's at the starting ages where she is beginning to understand what is going on around her and she is starting to identify things. If the avengers came barging into her house, I have a feeling she'd react a certain way and say things. For example: IronMan is probably seen on TV alot and media and parades so Annie probably understands that he is a good guy and sees him as some sorta Mickey Mouse. So when he comes to her house and is wicked pissed, she is going to be pretty confused. All I really know about her is that she can sorta talk and that's it. She can be very useful still even at her age. In MR and MRS Spider-man, most stories ensured to revolve around infant Mayday in some way so she'd be crucial to the plot. She was showcased in stories that didn't center around her and kinda showed her personality at her tender age.

Still there is alot of fantastic things in this story that makes me enjoy reading it. As I said before, the characters are well written and have created a proper adaptation of Silk that is enjoyable to read. Mary Jane and Peter relationship is always fun to see how it goes about in this universe, not to mention showcasing how Peter loves to tinker with random stuff. Small bits and peices added in have always granted this story some special fun. The DeadPool piece was a hoot and was really spot on. I could definitley see this happening (did peter give the plushie to Annie?). Carlie and Yuri are also granted some real character designs as well, something that the series failed to do when writing them.

The story is always flowing at the right pace and knows when to slow down or speed things up. Others do not know how to do this so it is a big feat!

The ending part also showcases a brighter future at the end of the day, something that Spider-Man is kinda known for in later runs. As things don't always go as planned and things can mess up, but there's always a tomorrow and there's always some good there. I can't wait to see Kaine make an appearance in the stories!

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter:

Thanks for the constructive criticism.

As for why the Avengers wanted to detain Silk, well, she has military secrets, including a giant Iron Man armor that has the ability to wipe out AIM Island. If Cindy ran back to Peter, who already has rough relations with most of the team, there's no telling what he'd do. On his own, to the Avengers, he's a variable they can't afford to bring in.

On Carol's departure. In my take on the Superhero book, there's a kind of golden unwritten rule that the Superhero community that you kind of just follow: if your fellow cape has a secret identity, you don't expose them. As for the other times where her quitting was called into question, they didn't involve Peter's secret identity being exposed. While Peter's house may be bugged, they believe that keeping track of him is the best course of action to make sure he doesn't repeat his actions. And, actually, Carol was supposed to be shown slightly turning around on Tony before, with the raid on Peter's home being the switch flipping. It was something I had forgotten to put in, and that's on me. But the idea behind Carol changing sides by the point that she did was that the Avengers weren't helping anybody by leaking Peter's secret identity. The bugging, at the very least, would allow them to make sure that Peter couldn't do anything dangerous. But exposing a man's secret identity only puts his loved ones in more danger. So there's kind of a "We don't get anything out of ruining somebody's life this way" angle to Carol, going back to her more pragmatic side.

And Annie's underuse is also on me as well. Thankfully, you'll be getting more- a lot more- in the following issues.

I'm also really excited to use Kaine! Part of me really wishes that Pete and Kaine had an actual team-up during the SpOck era rather than Kaine and SpOck fighting each other, but the Parker Brothers actually getting to bounce off of each other.

Thanks for letting us know what you think!

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quilsniv said:
    @itsaworld said:

@animehunter:

Thanks for the constructive criticism.

As for why the Avengers wanted to detain Silk, well, she has military secrets, including a giant Iron Man armor that has the ability to wipe out AIM Island. If Cindy ran back to Peter, who already has rough relations with most of the team, there's no telling what he'd do. On his own, to the Avengers, he's a variable they can't afford to bring in.

On Carol's departure. In my take on the Superhero book, there's a kind of golden unwritten rule that the Superhero community that you kind of just follow: if your fellow cape has a secret identity, you don't expose them. As for the other times where her quitting was called into question, they didn't involve Peter's secret identity being exposed. While Peter's house may be bugged, they believe that keeping track of him is the best course of action to make sure he doesn't repeat his actions. And, actually, Carol was supposed to be shown slightly turning around on Tony before, with the raid on Peter's home being the switch flipping. It was something I had forgotten to put in, and that's on me. But the idea behind Carol changing sides by the point that she did was that the Avengers weren't helping anybody by leaking Peter's secret identity. The bugging, at the very least, would allow them to make sure that Peter couldn't do anything dangerous. But exposing a man's secret identity only puts his loved ones in more danger. So there's kind of a "We don't get anything out of ruining somebody's life this way" angle to Carol, going back to her more pragmatic side.

And Annie's underuse is also on me as well. Thankfully, you'll be getting more- a lot more- in the following issues.

I'm also really excited to use Kaine! Part of me really wishes that Pete and Kaine had an actual team-up during the SpOck era rather than Kaine and SpOck fighting each other, but the Parker Brothers actually getting to bounce off of each other.

Thanks for letting us know what you think!

Thanks For The Info. But, There's One Thing I Don't Understand. If Carol Was Bothered By The Fact That Tony Blackmailed Peter About Exposing His Secret Identity And Is Fine With Spying On Him(Reasonable Though), How Come She Wasn't Even More Bothered By The Fact That Tony Killed 300 A.I.M. Agents With A Gigantic Robot Without Hesitation? Surely That'd Make Anyone Quit. I Really Hope They Actually Reference Tony's Hypocrisy On This One.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ItsaWorld

@quilsniv: No problem! I love reading it!

Yay for more baby stuff!!!

Maybe you could go back and add in those Carol parts or explain the goverment secrets thing a bit better so people like me can understand fully. Maybe a future issue could explain this and also go more into detail with how the fellow avengers feel about Tony's actions.

Heck! I would really love to learn why Tony is acting the way he is. I feel that could be really fun to read! L

@marvelman92: Yeah. We need to know why Tony and the gang are okay with him releasing Iron Gundam to kill a ton of people. I need to know!

I really feel...that maybe there should be a chapter from Tony's point of view. Like letting us learn what lead up to this. What he thinks of Peter now. Why is he so merciless. Plus he is back to drinking? Somethings up!

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quilsniv: No problem! I love reading it!

Yay for more baby stuff!!!

Maybe you could go back and add in those Carol parts or explain the goverment secrets thing a bit better so people like me can understand fully. Maybe a future issue could explain this and also go more into detail with how the fellow avengers feel about Tony's actions.

Heck! I would really love to learn why Tony is acting the way he is. I feel that could be really fun to read! L

@marvelman92: Yeah. We need to know why Tony and the gang are okay with him releasing Iron Gundam to kill a ton of people. I need to know!

I really feel...that maybe there should be a chapter from Tony's point of view. Like letting us learn what lead up to this. What he thinks of Peter now. Why is he so merciless. Plus he is back to drinking? Somethings up!

Well, This Series Is Mostly Focusing On Peter So It Is HIS Series. Maybe We'll Get An Iron Man Series Soon Or At Least Some Short Stories. Though, Since Tony Is Now Peter's New Jameson But Worse, He'll Probably Have More Involvement In His Life Or His Entire Mythos If Stark Goes Too Far. As For His Alcoholism, Yeah, I Kinda Imagine The Guy Being Like That During His Time Being Strict Crazy Gundam Guy Tony And Become Incredibly Wasted After His Last Confrontation With Peter.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.