Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Final Swing in The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Avatar image for marvelcinematicfanatic
    MarvelCinematicFanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Being one of the few people who actually enjoyed The Amazing Spider-Man 2, I have found something odd about the film myself.

If you are reading this, I am assuming that you have seen the film and that you are aware of the final swing. What I don't understand is, what is the purpose of slinging a manhole cover at the R.H.I.N.O.? This is far beyond simply nitpicking, but I just don't understand it.

An enormous, metallic, rhinoceros, with machine guns, has just launched three missiles in your direction, and is charging at you, and your first instinct is, "This small, metal disc should do the trick." Seriously, try to imagine how that scene plays out, after the screen fades into darkness.

We can already establish that the manhole cover will do absolutely no damage to R.H.I.N.O., so does that mean that he just takes the hit and keeps charging into Spider-Man, squashing him into the ground?

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
    SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

The movie was bad, but this is just nitpicking, lol.

kaine_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the criticism I heard of this movie is nitpicking. But idk, u put petes strength behind the manhole u got damage coming ur way. He deflected the missiles with it, and it not like the suit is adamantium or vibranium

kaine_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_waffle: it seems all u do is criticise this movie.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I assume he was gonna use it to knock Rhino off balance.

Beata

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, he used it to stop 2 missiles from hitting the people behind him.

Also, if I throw a rock at someone's head, they might get ticked. Maybe knocked out. If a Pro Baseball pitcher does, it could kill them.

Spider-Man isn't just throwing it, but adding a ton of force by putting it an arc.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.