Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Do you think we should all agree to sue Marvel to eliminate "Sins Past" and "One More Day" from the canon ?.

Spidey431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

"Sins Past" and "One More Day" are the worst and most hated Spider-Man comics, I think we should demand Marvel to eliminate these comics from the canon.

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

suing a company cause you don't like the material it puts out? Won't work as there is no valid claim that would work. Furthermore Marvel has a ton of experienced lawyers at their beck and call. Even if you had a legitimate case they could hold the case in limbo so long that you would run out of lawyer funds and have to drop the case.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The original plan for One More Day was to specifically remove Sins Past from canon, as well as several more years of Spider-Man continuity, which would have only complicated matters.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMD? Yes, absolutely! Sins Past? No, I love it and I've always hated Gwen. Peter needs to get over that cheating... Ugh, hate her.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

If it can be done than hell yes.

Sins Past has not been used or referenced ever since it ended so I'd say its been softly retconned. I am indifferent about Sins Past, mainly because I dislike Gwen but it was a fairly insulting story.

OMD continues to be the bane of Spider Man that has created the current one we don't much like and doesn't sell as much as it used to.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

If fans did this, it would be headline news. I'd be all for it though there's probably a snowball's chance in hell of it actually working or even making into court. OMD should be erased. Why they won't do it is beyond understanding. Just stupidity really

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eliminate Sins Past and One More Day?

Loading Video...

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/ (it's a idea)

Combo-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not enough, Quesada needs to go to jail. not just for OMD but for destroying the entire Marvel universe. he's like the real life Galactus.

Avatar image for lord-spider-boy
    lord-spider-boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: There was a sequel to it. Sin's Remembered.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: There was a sequel to it. Sin's Remembered.

Yeah we know. Its worse. Never bring it up again. I had forgotten.

Avatar image for lord-spider-boy
    lord-spider-boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Lucky you.

Wish I could forget, too.. Wish I could forget..

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think at this point Sins Past and Sins Remembered are pretty much non canon since they haven't been mentioned in well over a decade at this point.

OMD on the other hand though..some recent issues have Mephisto teasing Pete about the deal that he made and the latter just gives a "WTF do u mean stoopid" face to the former, that's as close as we're gonna get to Marvel admitting OMD is and was a mistake.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMD on the other hand though..some recent issues have Mephisto teasing Pete about the deal that he made and the latter just gives a "WTF do u mean stoopid" face to the former, that's as close as we're gonna get to Marvel admitting OMD is and was a mistake.

OMD is being talked about everywhere. In forums, in articles and recently a lot in major YouTube channels like WhatCulture Comics and WatchMojo, listing OMD on the top spot of many of their terrible and controversial stories of all time.

I think Joe Quesada already admitted that OMD was bad but Marvel refuses to undo it all the same.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ursaber

@eto said:
    @ursaber said:
    @green_tea said:

OMD is being talked about everywhere. In forums, in articles and recently a lot in major YouTube channels like WhatCulture Comics and WatchMojo, listing OMD on the top spot of many of their terrible and controversial stories of all time.

I think Joe Quesada already admitted that OMD was bad but Marvel refuses to undo it all the same.

Hail Spencer, for he will undo Omd.

Let's hope.

At least he realized the true importance of Mary Jane in Peter and Spider-Man's life that he brought her back on his first ASM issue.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.