Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Do you like the idea of Spiderman and silk?

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you like the idea of Spiderman and silk? (154 votes)

Yes 49%
    No 56%

i think shes a bit young for him

• 
    Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#201  Edited By Green_Tea

no.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No
    Nee
    Non
    Nein

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#203  Edited By ursaber

Never say nev-

(Bieber gets slapped in the face)

NEVER!!

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Bigbadwolfx0

@darthfury78: didn't Jessica get pregnant and get her own series?

But I do see ur point out of all the spiderwomen I think she is by far the coolest plus the hottest even tho I liked her old costume better. Another ? For u who do u like peter with I won't lie I really like black cat then silk ( I do not know why but I like them like they were made for each other by some kind of spider fate, then spider Gwen it seems like another chance for them but this time a better one , finally we have Mary Jane but I feel like she needs some kind of augments some power or armor I think she is kinda Tony's girl at the moment anyway, I think he and most supes need a mate with either serious skills or powers to be on the same level, like batman ,catwoman/talia, cage and jones, cap and carter ,winter and widow.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nope.

LordWhiskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LordWhiskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78: didn't Jessica get pregnant and get her own series?

But I do see ur point out of all the spiderwomen I think she is by far the coolest plus the hottest even tho I liked her old costume better. Another ? For u who do u like peter with I won't lie I really like black cat then silk ( I do not know why but I like them like they were made for each other by some kind of spider fate, then spider Gwen it seems like another chance for them but this time a better one , finally we have Mary Jane but I feel like she needs some kind of augments some power or armor I think she is kinda Tony's girl at the moment anyway, I think he and most supes need a mate with either serious skills or powers to be on the same level, like batman ,catwoman/talia, cage and jones, cap and carter ,winter and widow.

Making Jessica a mom was a dumb idea from the start. The best combo for Spider-Man could be the following:

Spider-man, Spider-Woman, and Captain Marvel

Spider-Man, Silver Sable, and Black Widow

Spider-man, She-Hulk, and Tigra

Spider-Man, Psylocke, and Julia Carpenter

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78: it is always a bad idea to have children with main characters it ages them that's why they tried to kill Damien

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By ursaber

@bigbadwolfx0 said:

@darthfury78: it is always a bad idea to have children with main characters it ages them that's why they tried to kill Damien

That couldn't be more untrue. Comic book characters are inherently timeless, ageless and immortal. Peter Parker could be in his forty's and he will still resemble and be presented in a youthful light even if he had a family (look no further than RYV). Tony Stark still looks young and energetic, Captain America is over 90 years old and he's the finest example of peak human conditioning regardless of his era. There are characters suited to have children and families and there are characters that don't. That perception tends to cloud people to other progressive avenues of storytelling. Comic book characters are ageless. Its the writer that determines the viability of the character. Its even worse to keep a character perpetually the same. Imagine Spider Man still being in high school FIFTY YEARS after he was first introduced. If today's Marvel administration was in charge back then, that's what it would've happened.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By BlueHope

Worst couple ever , Silk is possibly the most blatant mary sue Marvel ever created and their relationship was fanfiction bullshit.

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: I should re phrase most writers hate children because it ages the main character. But for me I honestly like it if the story is right I like passing of the mantles

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No, under Slott pen, it reads like a cringy fanfaction. Her solo's okay-ish.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: I should re phrase most writers hate children because it ages the main character. But for me I honestly like it if the story is right I like passing of the mantles

They don't necessarily hate children, the part about aging the character (to their narrowminded perception) notwithstanding. The truth is, children are some of the hardest characters to write for thanks to a variety of reasons. Depending on the age the writer could very will make the child more intelligent than a child actually is or absurdly premature. Writers studying literature are taught this through their courses that writing children is one of the hardest things to do, especially if you yourself don't have children or deal with kids. If its a baby then there's nothing to write about save for Dadda, Mama or some baby comments. If its toddlers like 3 - 6 year olds it becomes much harder until teenage years.

Family works for the Fantastic Four as it is the main theme of the book. It also works for Spider Man thanks to Peter Parker's very grounded humble and simple desires, his desire for normalcy and a life of fulfillment to share it with the closest of loved ones (RYV, Conway nails writing Annie Parker).

spiderlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why you bother to create such kind of thread?

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderlove said:

Cause they wanted to know if people shipped the two I guess. I mean, Slott made her to become Peter's new love interest yet it failed because fans didn't like her. Maybe they are some out there that do.

The votes are almost 50/50 so I'm guessing some years back people liked the idea.

Myself, eesh. Not a fan. Too forced and she wasn't interesting. Seems that love interests are created to attempt to replace MJ, yet seems that no one can do it.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderlove said:

Cause they wanted to know if people shipped the two I guess. I mean, Slott made her to become Peter's new love interest yet it failed because fans didn't like her. Maybe they are some out there that do.

The votes are almost 50/50 so I'm guessing some years back people liked the idea.

Myself, eesh. Not a fan. Too forced and she wasn't interesting. Seems that love interests are created to attempt to replace MJ, yet seems that no one can do it.

Slott created Silk because he wanted to keep Peter Parker away from Jessica Drew. Silk reminds me of Mattie Franklin/Ultimate Spider-Woman. This is why we've only seen Silk and Spider-Gwen working alongside Jessica Drew when it should had been Peter Parker. The love interests that could replace MJ are those that Slott doesn't want to use like Betty Brant or Felicia Hardy/Silver Sable, as far as Spider-Man created characters goes....

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itsaworld said:

@spiderlove said:

Slott created Silk because he wanted to keep Peter Parker away from Jessica Drew. Silk reminds me of Mattie Franklin/Ultimate Spider-Woman. This is why we've only seen Silk and Spider-Gwen working alongside Jessica Drew when it should had been Peter Parker. The love interests that could replace MJ are those that Slott doesn't want to use like Betty Brant or Felicia Hardy/Silver Sable, as far as Spider-Man created characters goes....

Only Felicia Hardy could have a proper chance of successfully rivaling Mary Jane as top love interest.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @darthfury78 said:
    @itsaworld said:

@spiderlove said:

Only Felicia Hardy could have a proper chance of successfully rivaling Mary Jane as top love interest.

True. Let's not forget that there are others as well like Betty Brant or Silver Sable. As for as Non-Spidey created heroines goes Carol Danvers, Jessica Drew, Jennifer Walters(Intellectual Patent Legal Advisory and close friend), and Tigra(Playing the role as a NYPD CSI Analyst and close friend of Peter). There is so much potential that Slott could had been used for Peter, like Jennifer Walters.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @darthfury78 said:
    @itsaworld said:

@spiderlove said:

True. Let's not forget that there are others as well like Betty Brant or Silver Sable. As for as Non-Spidey created heroines goes Carol Danvers, Jessica Drew, Jennifer Walters(Intellectual Patent Legal Advisory and close friend), and Tigra(Playing the role as a NYPD CSI Analyst and close friend of Peter). There is so much potential that Slott could had been used for Peter, like Jennifer Walters.

Maybe there is chemistry between all those girls but the only ones who have an actual chance to remain a persistent love interest is Mary Jane and Felicia Hardy in that order. I don't think Peter and Betty would ever get back together because what they had wasn't all that long lasting or impactful. She was just Peter's first girlfriend. Silver Sable could also never work because of distance and because Sable is hands down loyal and patriotic to her country and if Spider Man doesn't put that on his highest priority list then it won't last.

And as with most cross franchise romances like Panther and Storm, Peter having a persistent and meaningful long term relation with Carol, Jessica, Jennifer Walters would simply not last and you could see it end before it begins.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By darthfury78

@ursaber said:
    @darthfury78 said:
    @ursaber said:
    @darthfury78 said:
    @itsaworld said:

@spiderlove said:

Maybe there is chemistry between all those girls but the only ones who have an actual chance to remain a persistent love interest is Mary Jane and Felicia Hardy in that order. I don't think Peter and Betty would ever get back together because what they had wasn't all that long lasting or impactful. She was just Peter's first girlfriend. Silver Sable could also never work because of distance and because Sable is hands down loyal and patriotic to her country and if Spider Man doesn't put that on his highest priority list then it won't last.

And as with most cross franchise romances like Panther and Storm, Peter having a persistent and meaningful long term relation with Carol, Jessica, Jennifer Walters would simply not last and you could see it end before it begins.

No one is saying that there has to be romance. But friendship development as we had seen with Felicia Hardy in the Pre-OMD timeline. As far as romance goes, it all depends on the writer and how it's executed. Although, I would rather see a friendship development between Peter Parker and a heroine first and foremost. With regards to Betty Brant, there was an opportunity to pick the relationship from where it left off by having Betty learn that Peter was Spider-Man once again(post OMD) instead of all the useless relationships that Marvel has given Peter. And Betty could tie in with Jennifer Walters as her investigative reporter as well as a close friend of Peter that dates back to their High School Science Camp days. It might had been cool to see Jennifer Walters and Betty Brant as BFF as this could had made things interesting to read about. The Black Panther's relationship with Storm was written by so many different writers like Bendis who simply was uninterested with their development. The only way that the relationship could had worked is for Storm to have retired from the X-Men, whereby she should have graduated with her initial class(1975) instead of hanging around. In my opinion, the premise of being a part of the X-Men was learning to master their mutant powers and graduate to become members of society. Before the creation of X-Factor, the original X-Men graduated and left to become part of other superhero teams. This is what should have happened with the second class of the X-Men(1975) whereby they mastered the powers and move on. With regards Spider-Man's relationship with a super heroine, friendship development trumps romance, first of all. Romantic relationship should be placed in the alternate universe timeline where we might see their respective kids getting together to form the Web Warriors...

BlindingLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I'm not a fan of it.

D21812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could someone tell me what's the comic book title for the picture-Peter Parkers apartment earth-616, thanks.

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given that I completely rewrote Peter and Cindy to be a more teacher/protege dynamic (Though I've started viewing them as father and daughter in my notes and outside commentary) I can't help but view them as a couple being.... icky. Plus, as a big Spider-marriage nut, I was never a big fan of them as a couple to begin with, even before I rewrote them.

Plus, the date-rape pheromones didn't exactly help my negative opinion of their "romance." (Considering they had no chemistry besides those pheromones.)

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
    TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So one question. Cindy hates Peter now or something

MoonKnight937

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Spidey's relationship with Silk because it's something new. Yes, it's heavily forced but get this: because the Great Web connects all Spider totems together, Cindy was meant to be Spider-mans mate, especially considering the same Spider bit them. It's not just the pheromones, I mean, have you seen the lenny look Cindy was giving to Peter? She's genuinely crushing on him even after multiple make-out sessions. Does pheromones have nothing on naturally crushing, after the rapid release of endorphins (during making out) those pheromones should have a cooldown period and as far as I'm concerned crushing on someone after orgasm doesn't really work. Silk was really crushing on Spidey lol plus she deserves Spidey anyways for realising her. As for Mary Jane she's cool as a moral backbone for Peter and all but she's old news. Their relationship is rocky at best after all the stuff that happens to them. One thing I don't like about MJ is that Peter's oldass Aunt May hooked up. That is just, cringe, having a parental figure hook you up with someone. It reminds me of those strings attached relationships which are more forced than instant sex Spider-man had with Silk. One thing is making out because of uncontrollable pheromones buy the other thing is setting someone to be with someone else. Yes, Peter chose MJ later on but who wouldn't chose a busty babe after checking her out? Especially knowing she's crushing on you too and is your next door neighbor. Only later after dating MJ Peter started falling in love with her which is natural but the whole situation in the beginning was not. It's better to start dating someone from your own personal choice rather than being hooked up. One problem i have with Spiderman x Silk relationship is it started out way too quick without any emotional bonding happening first.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By ZariusII

@moonknight937 said:

I like Spidey's relationship with Silk because it's something new. Yes, it's heavily forced but get this: because the Great Web connects all Spider totems together, Cindy was meant to be Spider-mans mate, especially considering the same Spider bit them. It's not just the pheromones, I mean, have you seen the lenny look Cindy was giving to Peter? She's genuinely crushing on him even after multiple make-out sessions. Does pheromones have nothing on naturally crushing, after the rapid release of endorphins (during making out) those pheromones should have a cooldown period and as far as I'm concerned crushing on someone after orgasm doesn't really work. Silk was really crushing on Spidey lol plus she deserves Spidey anyways for realising her. As for Mary Jane she's cool as a moral backbone for Peter and all but she's old news. Their relationship is rocky at best after all the stuff that happens to them. One thing I don't like about MJ is that Peter's oldass Aunt May hooked up. That is just, cringe, having a parental figure hook you up with someone. It reminds me of those strings attached relationships which are more forced than instant sex Spider-man had with Silk. One thing is making out because of uncontrollable pheromones buy the other thing is setting someone to be with someone else. Yes, Peter chose MJ later on but who wouldn't chose a busty babe after checking her out? Especially knowing she's crushing on you too and is your next door neighbor. Only later after dating MJ Peter started falling in love with her which is natural but the whole situation in the beginning was not. It's better to start dating someone from your own personal choice rather than being hooked up. One problem i have with Spiderman x Silk relationship is it started out way too quick without any emotional bonding happening first.

His relationship with Cindy was utterly gross. I haven't seen any of these so-called 'looks' she's given him, Cindy hasn't displayed any romantic affection towards Peter since Slott lost interest in her as a character and other writers took over her character, Marvel have moved on from that angle completely.

Just because it's 'new' doesn't mean it's right. In fact, just how' new' is it anymore? It was around in 2014/2015 and then just stopped, that was five to six years ago now, it's not 'new', and it barely had a chance to thrive.

And what's wrong with your parental figure choosing a nice woman for you to date? Sounds like you've never been in a situation like that and thus aren't qualified to judge. It's not cringe at all for May to think MJ was a good match for Peter, MJ is kind, sassy, loyal, wise, and beautiful, were I Peter's parent, I wouldn't think twice about pairing him up with someone of that calibre.

MJ is far from old news, she's the only one who understands Peter and will always be there for him as a friend or as something far more, she is his wife of 34 years in some continuities and the mother of his children in others too, she will always be endgame to him, Cindy would forget about him in a minute, hell she already has.

And their relationship in the mainline books is only really 'rocky' due to bad writing and editorial intervention. Look at any other continuity featuring the pair and their relationship is rock solid and unwavering

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Not really, Spidey belong to MJ and no one else.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @darthfury78 said:
    @ursaber said:
    @darthfury78 said:
    @itsaworld said:

@spiderlove said:

This is why friendship comes first before relationship for 10 years of storyline development between them...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.