Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Could Spider-Man beat the Avengers in a fight

• 73 results
    sammystorm75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sammystorm75

Look i know you guys are gonna say hulk is gonna smash him or thor is going to destroy him but i think he could if he uses his best weapon ..... his brain ok the avengers are Captain America Hulk Thor Iron Man Hawkeye Wasp and Ant Man

I still think he is smart enough even for tony stark

CptPanda29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By CptPanda29

One at a time with a LOT of prep is still a big IF.

All at once absolutely no chance.

sammystorm75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sammystorm75

what if he seperated them

chrisw86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By chrisw86

He may be able to beat Captain America, would beat Hawkeye, wasp and ant-man one at a time, but could not beat Iron man or Hulk. Can not think of any other hero that could beat Hulk, he just keeps getting stronger.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By Strider1992

Captain America: Doesn't need prep to win.

Hulk: If he had a lot prep then yes.

Thor: Unless he can get his hands on a midgard serpent fang then nope. No chance.

Iron Man: With enough prep it could be possible he already overrided one of Tony's suits once so if he has enough prep he has a shot.

Hawkeye: Doesn't need prep to win

Wasp: Doesn't need prep to win

Ant Man: Doesn't need prep to win

If its all at the same time however Spider-man gets stomped.

ZenTzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ZenTzen

@TheAcidSkull: if anything, spidey is smarter than pym(hank pym himself admitted this), and reed himself said that if he continued in the science business he could rival him, he hasnt shown is full intelligence for one reason alone, resources.

now on topic, sure if he had prep time he could defeat most of the avengers, Captain America, Hawkeye, Wasp, Ant-man sure, Iron-Man, i think he can as well, hulk, maybe?, he supposedly has a plan that can kill him, now thor, that i dont know

sammystorm75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sammystorm75

what if he took the iron spider

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@chrisw86 said:

He may be able to beat Captain America, would beat Hawkeye, wasp and ant-man one at a time, but could not beat Iron man or Hulk. Can not think of any other hero that could beat Hulk, he just keeps getting stronger.

I know one

No Caption Provided
    Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Matchstick

I think Thor is the crux here. He's plenty smart and resourceful to deal with everyone else, but he can't do much against Thor. If Thor wasn't there, he was well prepared, and he had the element of surprise, I could see him taking out everyone else at once. I've seen fight outcomes that are much more implausible than that over the years.

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Skunkstein

No... Spider-Man doesnt have the ressources, the power or the smarts to go up against the Avengers who have loads and loads or raw power plus brain power and they have almost unlimited ressources.

But you know, maybe he could invite them over for dinner and poison their food, muahahaha!

Avatar image for bentheasgardianlantern
    BenTheAsgardianLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't spider man beat hulk once?

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Crash_Recovery

No. Just no. That's the point of the Avengers. Their greater numbers, powers, and strategy can overwhelm enemies that would be too powerful for them to take on single handedly.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Strider1992

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Strider92 said:

Captain America: Doesn't need prep to win.

Hulk: If he had a lot prep then yes.

Thor: Unless he can get his hands on a midgard serpent fang then nope. No chance.

Iron Man: With enough prep it could be possible he already overrided one of Tony's suits once so if he has enough prep he has a shot.

Hawkeye: Doesn't need prep to win

Wasp: Doesn't need prep to win

Ant Man: Doesn't need prep to win

If its all at the same time however Spider-man gets stomped.

he only beats wasp , cap and hawkeye, mybe pym too, but hulk, iron man and thor easily kill

If they don't have prep and Spider-man does then Spider-man has a shot against Hulk and Iron Man. He already used prep and knowledge on the Hulk to beat Digger (a guy powered by gamma radiation like the Hulk) by neutralizing it (this was before he had access to Horizon labs). With prep he was also able to overide Tony's control of his Iron Spider suit. If Tony has prep too then no Spider-man isn't beating Stark at all but if Peter does and Tony doesn't then he has a shot as he's already seen diagrams/blueprints of how Tony's suit works. Pym is a possibility although Pym admitted Spider-man was smarter than him as Pete was able to do what he was doing at the age of 15. Yes Thor stomps though.

But if they all attack together Spider-man gets stomped no amount of prep will save him form their numbers.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Strider1992

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Strider92: scans of pym admitting that,

(sorry its so small you may have to zoom in a bit to be able to read)

Fair point on Hulk but I would still stand by the fact that if Parker had enough prep and Stark had none he could pull a win against him but its a mute point as if they all attack at the same time Spider-man gets stomped.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Strider1992

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Strider92:Ok, i see, however, hulk an thor should be removed, we shoudl replace them with others

Hulk- is far stronger and durable, sure spider-man can dodge most of his attacks , but hulk will eventually win, no dount, his strength increases with his anger, and thro struggles to fight hulk, spider-man can't win

thor- thor has taken on some major threats and unless spider-man can get his hands on an a asgardian serpent tooth, he gets stomped

he might beat the other he he had enough prep

Agreed.

Even if Spider-man did get his hands on a midgard serpent tooth. Tagging a Thor who is 100% focused on fighting him would be nigh impossible. The only reason Rhino did is because he got the drop on Thor who of course wasn't expecting him to be sporting a fang for a horn. So yeah he loses to Thor and Hulk.

sammystorm75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sammystorm75

Um ok hères the thing spidey has 10 days of prep and the Avengers none spidey atacks first since hé is in stealth mode and has the Iron spider and also has the infinity gauntlet nô body knows hé is coming and they are all seperated now tell me who wins

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By JimTheSurfer

@BenTheAsgardianLantern: Not only once, but twice. Tough one of these times he had a cosmic powers and were really OP. But second time he owned Hulk easily.

ssj2DeadPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ssj2DeadPool

I am not sure any one on the Avengers has the speed to hit Spiderman. I have heard people say that Thors hands can move at the speed of light, but I dont really believe that. I think Spiderman could fight for a good long time without getting beat up too badly. That being said, he does lack the raw power to take down Thor or Hulk. So the only way he could really WIN, is if PIS was involved. Like if Spidey had an artifact or like tricked hulk into calming down. But in sheer terms, Spidey could fight the Avengers without dying for days maybe, but not win.

inkBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By inkBot

He's maybe not strong enough to beat Hulk, but he's smart enough. It's implied that Spidey knows how to take down Hulk if necessary, though it'd be fatal.

No Caption Provided

Pre-OMD yeah, but he's still just as smart. Possibly even smarter now that he actually does science for a living.

If against the entire Avengers all at once, not much of a chance. And that goes for any of them except maybe Hulk and Thor.

One on one, considering his lab at Horizon Labs and his kung fu training, he could likely take most of them excluding Thor and including Hulk (if killing isn't an issue).

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By spidey 15

@chrisw86 said:

Hulk has already lost to many heroes. Silver Surfer, Iron man, Namor etc...

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By evilvegeta74

Spidey could be very dangerous, I would never count him out.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Strider1992

@TheAcidSkull said:

Hulk- is far stronger and durable, sure spider-man can dodge most of his attacks , but hulk will eventually win, no dount, his strength increases with his anger, and thro struggles to fight hulk, spider-man can't win

After seeing this it looks like he could take Hulk:

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Strider1992

@TheAcidSkull: Well to be fair if its true that they are considering how to beat each other it is possible he could as the plan could be years in the making.

MuddyBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MuddyBuddy

As has been said by most above Thor and Hulk are easy losses. Ant man and Wasp are easy wins.

Iron Man is a tossup IMO. If IM has a Spidey-killer, he probably loses. But if Spidey can get Tony to burn out his suit and take him down, he wins.

Captain America beats Spidey. Its close and down to a final blow, but Cap wins, regardless of whether Spidey gets the Shield from him or not.

venomyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By venomyak

Spider-man could incapacitate Thor by webbing him to Hawk or Cap in such a way that it would injure them if Thor were to try to rip out.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
    Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

Aside from hyperbole, any actual feats that justify Parker being mentioned in the same sentence as Tony Stark or Reed Richards?

Oh, and, Thor ... Hulk ... Ironman ... srsly??

Thor?

No. It's not a stomp, it's spite bordering on ridicule.

Spider-Man had this rap has a team buster because he's danced around the X-Men and Fantastic Four once in a day. Avoidance is Parker's bread and butter, he should be able to dance around them for time. But actually beat an A-team on his lonesome? C'mon now ...

sammystorm75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By sammystorm75

For me Spidey can beat the Avengers with his sinister six costume if he had his bands on it

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#35  Edited By Teerack

Depending on the roster and the writer yes.

sammystorm75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By sammystorm75
    Amazing Spider-Man #682
    Amazing Spider-Man #682

heres the costume

SpideyFan113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SpideyFan113

Old Comics Spider-man could probably do it on the spot. I know a lot of people are going to attack me on that, but the dude made a fool of the X-men (the mutant version of the Avengers) twice. Spider-man has admitted he knows how to beat Hulk, but he'd have to kill him. He's already taken on Cap and beaten him, Cap had to flee at the end of the fight. Something people seem to forget is that Spider-man is actually smarter than Hank. Pym admitted it himself. It took him years to intergrate a device for the use of his powers. Spider-man already did that years ago when he was around 15 with the spider-tracers/web-shooters. Wasp won't be much of a fight.

Honestly Iron Man, Thor, and Hulk are the problem here. Spidey's intellect, agility, and strength would probably be very deadly for Iron Man if Spidey got close to him. The dude has dodged missiles and multiple disentergrating lasers at once, and to my memory, Spidey's already proven he can easily dodge his uni-beams in an enclosed space, and his strength has proven to knock out some of Iron Man's sensors off line. As for Thor, the lightening is the main problem. However, Spidey is used to dodging electricity, he does have Electro after all. Hulk is still going to be such a major problem. All them at once would be absolutely awesome to see. But seeing how Quesada seems to hate Spider-man, I doubt nowaday Spidey could do it. Maybe with prep.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By 5932220

@theacidskull: @theacidskull:

actually spider-man can most likey take tony on without prep, thor without his his hammer can't fly or control lightning/thunder, and Pete has beaten hulkon six occasions

so your logic isn't vali by the way sorry for the bump but i couldn't stand just listen to people constantly saying thor and hul are unstoppable

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only if he had the power cosmic and the mystic web to help him.

slimchin23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I think he can take all of them down, maybe not at the same time but he can.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By w0nd

@sammystorm75 said:

what if he seperated them

Superior ended up evading them and getting knocked out

in training sessions ironman handled them just fine.

He would have to seperate them, and then hope to calm the hulk down.

Thor he runs away from, just like he did fighting ragnarok.

@5932220

There is a difference between beating hulk and not being killed by him. He made a cement truck fall on him and that knocked him out once. Out of all the punishment hulk has handled a truck falling on him knocking him out seems like a plot device....what were the other times he "beat" him?

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@5932220:

Spiderman may have done ok v Hulk in some of the old comics, but against the current version, no chance! Hulk has got a heck of a lot stronger and harder to hurt since the Planet Hulk story. I mean aside from the Zeus beating, when did Hulk last really get owned by ANYBODY in a 1 on 1 encounter? Thor and Hulk are simply out of his league...he might be able to evade Hulk's punches for a bit but beat him, no way. I say that as a fan of Spidey AND Hulk.

averywetfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could he beat them? Yes. Are his chances good? Absolutely not. Current Spidey would lose against them a majority of the time. I hope that future Spidey can beat them easily, we will see with the 100th anniversary.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@averywetfrog:

100th anniversary? I hope I don't have to wait that long! I'll be 93!

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla_BK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47  Edited By Godzilla_BK

I love Spidey, but Thor and Hulk would kill him easily. Spidey can only have so much endurance to dodge so much and it will only be a matter of time until either of the two land a fatal blow.

Spidey would easily beat Hawkeye, Black Widow, Ant-man and Wasp.

Black Panther and Captain America could go either way. Both are more experienced and Black Panther has some serious technology in his disposal. But Spider-man has been known to negate these advantages in the past. It'd be a tough one.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like I said, Spidey has Science and Magic on his side. He if he was written by a die hard Spidey fan other than Dan Slott can beat the Avengers if he had all the prep he can obtain from the Power Cosmic and the Mystic Web realm that Madame Web is in.

Elias_conde27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: @strider92: spiderman beat iron man before and badly too, idk why yall think iron man would be trouble since he destroyed ironman before

Darksideous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Darksideous

@elias_conde27: Unfortunately Iron Man's armor gives him a class 100+ whereas Spiderman is only class 20...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.