Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Comic Book Question of the Week: Will You Miss Superior Spider-Man?

• 79 results
    k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Man, it's tough to believe SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN is already coming to an end. Despite taking place way back in December of 2012, the internet exploding over the events of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #700 really doesn't feel like it was too long ago. Now the 31st issue -- the big finale! -- of SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN drops this week and Peter Parker is seemingly back in control; however, he has quite a lot to fix after Otto set his life in a whole new and rather abrasive direction. This week, we want to how the Comic Vine crowd feels about this development. Are you sad to see Otto go or is Peter's return simply too exciting for you? Or, are you not reading the volume and have no idea what we're talking about?

CLICK HERE TO VOTE!

No Caption Provided

Voting will remain open until Thursday morning (ET). After you vote, be sure to leap into the comments and elaborate. Why bother with the effort, you ask? Because, in Thursday's article, we'll highlight some of the best posts that were made by you, the Viners. Make it awesome enough -- be it serious or comedic -- and there's a chance we'll feature it in the article. The only rules are it can't include images and must follow the site's overall rules. Well, what are you waiting for? Click the link above and vote!

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #31 goes on sale 4/16/14. Be sure to check the homepage on Thursday for an updated results article!

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
    IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Yes. Let's see... more determined, more motivated, more efficient, more effective... he really is superior.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By micah007123

Hell Yes, I going to miss Superior, I may not read Amazing because the last thing I want is for everything to go back to the status quo.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes I will. It was very good having a spidey that actually got on with the act of defeating villians and was actually pro-active in his task. Peter just sits back and reacts to the crime, SpOck was almost successful in stopping most crime before it started.

In fact, I don't think Peter would have got out of the prison situation alive.

thomclyma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I won't really miss superior. I tried reading it a few times and it felt very off. It'll be nice to have a Spider-Man series to read again that has Peter.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nop

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Of cource i will miss him! .....everything about him was so awesome and good,especiall-- .......

can't say that with a straight face......

Superior was fun,but he can go to hell,like there's no tommorow.
    Pete's back.

redmanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By redmanta

no glad it's over

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Novemberx2

No it was one what if Gimmick after another

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#11  Edited By Teerack

I wont miss it but i enjoyed it.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've missed Spider-Man since chapter one when Marvel gave up on him. Sad face.

Kibbles7a239

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first comic I read was superior spider-man 14, and I was hooked. The costume, the henchmen, bringing the fight to the bad guys instead of waiting for them to break the law, all of it was so unexpected and so much fun. So to me Otto is Spider-man. I've followed his adventure with huge enjoyment and now Peter has the responsibility to keep up with Otto and prove it's better to be amazing than superior.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Not for a second, no, not for a millisecond. all I see is that it ruined the relationship between Peter and Mary Jane

Avatar image for stardustcrusader
    StardustCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope

Good Riddance.

Avatar image for thewalkingdeadpool18
    thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without a doubt. For YEARS peter has sucked. Spider-Man comics have been the same old bullcrap over and over again. Rinse wash and repeate it got generic reptitive and boring. I stopped caring for Spider-Man because of it. He sucked for so long. Then Superior came and actually did something new and intresting with Spider-Man. Ock brought something so new and intresting to not only Spider-Man but superheroes in general. His arc was amazing now it's over and Spider-Man will go back to being the same old boring, repetitive bullcrap. I will give TASM a chance to see the reprucussiosn of Spock but i know it will go back to the same old bull crap and i will drop the series. I would love for Superior Spider-Man to be permanant but we knew it wasn't.

Most people hating on it are just crying because boohoo Peter died. That's the kind of crap that's wrong with comics today. The repetitiveness their afraid to do something major because the comic fan are afraid of change in comics. That's why we have broken death in comics.

Chubzhac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll miss the costume

UltimAXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By UltimAXE

I've always loved Spider-Man but never read any of his comics. Heard about some big change after #700 and figured that would be a good time to jump in . . . that is until I read about the whole Otto becoming Peter thing. I said to hell with that nonsense and skipped it. Then after a few months my buddy, who had been reading them, gave me a run down of how Marvel had been handling the switch and lent me like the first ten issues or so, saying that I'd probably like it. I ended up loving Superior Spider-Man. The aggression, the arrogance, Otto's ridiculous diction, the insane dedication to "the mission" (he contemplates forsaking the Peter persona and exclusively being Spider-Man).

It goes against much of what makes Spider-Man who he is and why he's so appealing, so I totally understand why people hated it so much, but dammit if I didn't enjoy the hell out of it. I'm really sad to see it end, but it did get me to subscribe to Spider-Man for the first time ever, so that's cool.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#19  Edited By amazing_webhead

Otto had a good run, for sure. But Peter's return was inevitable. I just hope that Otto has learned from the experience.

bob808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Superior Spider-Man FOREVER!

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes. this series was great. I got every issue. even if you didn't like it, it should create some great peter parker stories as he gets his life back together

Avatar image for thenexusrebound
    thenexusrebound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed it a great deal, it still confused me how many characters didn't get it wasn't Peter. Guess it shows just how close these people were to Peter.

averywetfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'll miss it but, it was never supposed to last and it feels like they are ending it at the right time.

Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ducey13

@animehunter: I think One More Day already took care of that.

I will miss Superior Spider-Man, but it's good to have Peter back for sure. I missed seeing Peter's interactions with the other Avengers and his humor, but I enjoyed watch Otto screw up Peter's personal relationships as well. Watching Peter try to put his life back together now is going to be a major challenge and I look forward to the ride. At least we're getting a Spider-Man 2099 comic now.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Without a doubt I am glad it is over!! I am just a bit sad it essentially ended so quickly. But I will like to see how Peter goes about picking up the pieces and moving forward.

Because lets face it, just as Ock saw good things in the original and improved, Peter should take the good of Ocks run and improve upon that and become a truly AMAZING Spider-Man

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By animehunter

@ducey13 said:

@animehunter: I think One More Day already took care of that.

I will miss Superior Spider-Man, but it's good to have Peter back for sure. I missed seeing Peter's interactions with the other Avengers and his humor, but I enjoyed watch Otto screw up Peter's personal relationships as well. Watching Peter try to put his life back together now is going to be a major challenge and I look forward to the ride. At least we're getting a Spider-Man 2099 comic now.

Yes, but they were still friends and he could still count on her to help keep his secret, but now she is on the fence and she basically wants nothing to do with his Spider-man side and even his relation with her as Peter is on the rocky side. Just that if he doesn't do something soon, he might lose her altogether.

Like I said in a another thread

A thought, a, what I would consider a plausible one.

As I'm sure some of you have noticed/know, Mary Jane has distanced herself from Spider-man due to Ock's actions and his behaviour towards her, I'm beginning to feel that this is by design that they had this in mind since the reboot. all to have Carlie take her place as the woman in Peter's life, due to what they both went through. it's more likely they will never tell Mary Jane what was really going on in order to not burden her anymore in Peter's life as Spider-man and respect her decision, even though he didn't have a hand in what she went through.

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'm going to really miss the Superior Spider-Man run. With Otto beating villains half-dead :D. But I already knew since the beginning that Pete was going to return, it was just a matter of how. Anyway, as sad as I am that Superior Spider-Man is over, I'm still excited to see The Amazing Spider-Man come back!!!!

OT: Where the hell is my Spider-Man 2099 comic at!!!!!

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well back to the villians being the most interesting part of spider-man

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like a hangnail.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'll miss him immensely, I feel that he had so much more potential that was never fully realized. We had countless years of Peter, Superior was something different and every issue brought some incredibly interesting scenarios that we hadn't seen in a Spidey comic before.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@infamous_wolf: You didn't hear the news? It's coming, written by Peter David I believe.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm stoked too see the aftermath

Avatar image for herokiller12344
    Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not gonna miss him. I've had enough of mean and unpleasant revamps of characters I grew up with.

Without a doubt. For YEARS peter has sucked. Spider-Man comics have been the same old bullcrap over and over again. Rinse wash and repeate it got generic reptitive and boring. I stopped caring for Spider-Man because of it. He sucked for so long. Then Superior came and actually did something new and intresting with Spider-Man. Ock brought something so new and intresting to not only Spider-Man but superheroes in general. His arc was amazing now it's over and Spider-Man will go back to being the same old boring, repetitive bullcrap. I will give TASM a chance to see the reprucussiosn of Spock but i know it will go back to the same old bull crap and i will drop the series. I would love for Superior Spider-Man to be permanant but we knew it wasn't.

Most people hating on it are just crying because boohoo Peter died. That's the kind of crap that's wrong with comics today. The repetitiveness their afraid to do something major because the comic fan are afraid of change in comics. That's why we have broken death in comics.

You kinda sound like you don't like Spider-Man, period.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By kidchipotle

Ha, not at all. In hindsight, I complained too much about it, I admit that, but it was a decent concept. But I'm glad it's over. Peter Parker, the true SUPERIOR Spider-Man, is back and all is well again.

Avatar image for thewalkingdeadpool18
    thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herokiller12344:

I love Spider-Man but i am getting Spider-Man fatigue but what i hate is that Spider-Man has been the same generic repetitive boring crap for years. He's had great runs then you start to realise his comics are just the same stuff over and over which is what makes it boring. I like Superior because it did something new and intresting to the character. This is the most invested i've been in a Spider-Man story.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

ZbvmX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, the Superior Spider-man saga will always be in our collection for us to re-visit -- a constant reminder of how good comic books are in telling bold, exciting, and defiant stories as a medium.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

kindof

Krypton-115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Krypton-115

Even though Superior Spider-Man was an amazing read and by far the most interesting of twists in Spidey's universe I'm still voting for Pete, the original. Where SpOck's inner thoughts were sometimes pure evil Peters were more based on comedy and doing the right thing for the people, which is very relatable to me personally and the average reader. I can see why some people are going for Ock though, since the series has been an amazing twist for Spidey-fans, and while we will always have that hunger for more SUPERIOR, it's time to be AMAZING once again for the Wall Crawler.

mattwing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't read any of it yet. I was waiting for Peter to return. I wasn't upset with the change. I was just taking a break.

mattwing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mattwing87

I haven't read any of it yet. I was waiting for Peter to return. I wasn't upset with the change. I was just taking a break.

tigerex78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No I won't miss it. I'm glad it's over. I tried reading it and didn't like it. The arrogance of Octavius thinking he was superior. He still failed at being a better Spider-man and a better man period. Peter never let New York get taken over by Green Goblin. Octavius let his pride get the best of him and it cost him and nearly a whole city with millions of people.

bunkerbuster05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By bunkerbuster05

I am going to miss Superior Spider-Man immensely. I almost with we could have 2 Spider books, Amazing and Superior.

I love that Ock screwed it up and needs Peter to fix it, I just wish the build up could have been longer. Make Peter's return feel legendary. It doesn't really feel that way. He kind of just... came back.

Although, that last image of Superior-Spider Man 30 got me hyped as hell.

My turn. :]

Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Yes I'll miss it, but I'm STILL happy to have Peter back. I didn't care for early issues, but SpOck really came into his own and the writing (except for some filler-y bits, and VERY rushed plot in the last 2 or 3 issues) really picked up where it was the ONE Marvel book I was reading regularly.

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't miss what I never read.

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

soloz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoyed superior but I am glad they are ending it before it gets stale.

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#48  Edited By Grey56
    No Caption Provided

This is about how I feel.

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By InFamous_Wolf

@tigerex78 said:

No I won't miss it. I'm glad it's over. I tried reading it and didn't like it. The arrogance of Octavius thinking he was superior. He still failed at being a better Spider-man and a better man period. Peter never let New York get taken over by Green Goblin. Octavius let his pride get the best of him and it cost him and nearly a whole city with millions of people.

Failing at being a better Spider-Man, at times. But, I would argue that he did become a better man than what he used to be. I mean he DID risk his life to save others and sacrifice himself so that Pete could take over. Even the best hero can let things get out of hand. I don't think his pride played into that. If anything it made him work harder, to try an one up his villains and Pete's legacy.

The_Myth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Not in the least!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.