Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Best Comic Book Movie trilogy

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

With the opening of Iron Man 3 we now several Comic book movie trilogies:

1. Iron Man trilogy

2. Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy

3. Spiderman trilogy

4. Transformers trilogy

5. Blade trilogy

Which one do you think is the best and why? I have yet to see Iron Man 3, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, or the Blade Trilogy so I'm going to have to go with the Batman trilogy. Overall it had a great story, great actors for the role, and also the villains are waaay better than the Iron Man or Spiderman trilogy.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

Nolan's Batman trilogy. It's the only one in which all three film are good. Transformers is terrible (all of them are), Blade isn't much better. Spider-Man 1 & 2 are good, as are Iron Man 1 & 3. Spider-Man 3 and Iron Man 2 both suck though. Therefore Nolan's Batman wins.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

Probably Spider-Man.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@thecannon said:

Probably Spider-Man.

This is (one of the many reasons) why no one takes anything you say seriously.

It's obviously the Nolanverse Batman films.

DragoMorph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Nolanverse Batman series was awful. They managed to make every single thing boring (aside from the Joker, obviously). I'd probably have to say Iron Man, if only because the Spider-Man triolgy ended so poorly.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By TDK_1997

The Dark Knight trilogy.

montydapunk.k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider Man .......... Definitely!!!!

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Knight, then Spider-man.

FlashDamn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 47

@thecannon said:

Probably Spider-Man.

That first comment is just wrong.

And it's really a matter of opinion. Plus I said Probably Spider-Man. If it was nothing but Begins & Rises, Nolan does stomp. DK was good, but dragged the rest of the series down with it. But Begins & Rises were so good it could probably be the Nolan trilogy. Or it may be Iron Man (and it probably is thinking about it)

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By novi_homines

If I had to list....

1. Iron Man Trilogy

2. Nolan Trilogy

3. X - Men Trilogy

4. Spiderman Trilogy

5. Blade Trilogy

Iron Man 1> Batman Begins. TDK> IM2. IM3> TDKR. Thats why Iron Man takes the first slot.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@thecannon said:

Probably Spider-Man.

That first comment is just wrong.

And it's really a matter of opinion. Plus I said Probably Spider-Man. If it was nothing but Begins & Rises, Nolan does stomp. DK was good, but dragged the rest of the series down with it. But Begins & Rises were so good it could probably be the Nolan trilogy. Or it may be Iron Man (and it probably is thinking about it)

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#13 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Definitely Nolan's Batman, even though I wasn't the biggest fan of Rises.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

TDK trilogy is so overrated (except TDK)... the movie is boring (even the fight scene), focus too much on irrelevant characters and Nolan changes too much thing to make it "realistic" . I mean, sure, it's a good Movie, but absolutely not a good comicbook movie...you see, people call "comic book movie" for a reason, directors have the obligation to make it interesting and derive as many as they can from the comic book.

IMO:

5) Transformer (X-men trilogy are better than this shit!)

4) Spider-man

3) Blade

2) The Dark Knight

1) Iron Man

but TDK is the best out of all comicbook movie. Iron Man 1 is the 1st runner up.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'd say The Dark Knight Trilogy, Spider-man then Ironman.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The Dark Knight Trilogy is the best for me. For those who prefer a more explosive take on their superheroes - I can understand the dislike for Nolan's neo-noir realism, but I love it. This trilogy really elevated the superhero genre into something to be taken seriously. Superb performances, fantastic scripts, and still the best superhero trilogy. Yeah, even the Dark Knight Rises.

Second is probably the Spider-Man trilogy. While Spider-Man 3 was less-than-perfect and there were some elements wrong with the overall trilogy (the lack of humor, for one) - it's still the best summer-action-blockbuster depiction of a superhero. Spider-Man had a lot of heart mixed with good action, and while X-Men might have started the 2000s superhero movie rush, Spider-Man really set the bar. It's fun, endearing, and still holds up after all these years.

Third is the Transformers trilogy for me. Yeah, that's right, I said it. Partly it's because I don't have a strong bond to the Transformers franchise, so Bay's take on it doesn't bother me. But it's also because the trilogy is a fun, mindless romp. Seriously - no one goes into the Transformers expecting a nuanced take on alien robots with allegories on political asylum and race relations. We want explosions, jokes in bad taste, and shaking parts of the female anatomy. This trilogy is just stupid fun from beginning to end, and it never tries to be anything else, in fact it revels in its chaos. I can't wait for TFormers 4.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Deranged Midget

Nolan's Bat-trilogy and Iron Man are easily the top two, with Spider-Man just following behind.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By PunyParker

@vandinejd_1991:

Batman Trilogy...all 3 are ,not good....but GREAT!

Why didnt you put the X-Men trilogy in?....only the Last Stand is kinda bad...1+2 are good.

@moonchilde said:

Nolan's Batman trilogy. It's the only one in which all three film are good. Transformers is terrible (all of them are), Blade isn't much better. Spider-Man 1 & 2 are good, as are Iron Man 1 & 3. Spider-Man 3 and Iron Man 2 both suck though. Therefore Nolan's Batman wins.

That's why we're happy that,the Transformers screenplay writers,wrote the Amazing Spider-Man screenplay!!....oh god.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nolan trilogy: Batman Begins=GOLD, Dark Knight=PURE GOLD, Dark Knight Rises=Pretty good film.

Iron Man trilogy: Iron Man=GOLD, Iron Man 2=meh, average at BEST. Iron Man 3=pretty good film.

Spider-Man trilogy: Spider-Man=Great film, Spider-Man 2=GOLD, Spider-Man 3= terrible.

Blade trilogy: Blade=great movie, Blade 2=pretty good film. Blade 3=meh...

X-Men trilogy: X-Men=Pretty good, X2=Great film, X3=not bad, not great.

In truth, it actually goes like this:

1. Batman Trilogy

2. Iron Man trilogy

3. Spider-Man trilogy

4. X-Men trilogy

5. Blade trilogy

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By JJ62

Batman gets first, because Batman Begins and TDK are awesome. While TDKR is also very good.

Iron Man gets second, because Iron Man 1 and 3 are awesome. While Iron Man 2 is decent, not great.

Spider-Man gets third, because Spider-Man 1 and 2 are awesome, while Spider-Man 3 is horrible.

X-Men gets fourth, because X2 is awesome while X-Men pretty good, and X3 is actually not that bad.

Blade gets fifth, because Blade 1 is good. Blade 2 is not bad, while Blade 3 is bad.

I'm skipping the Superman films because I thought they were great for their time, but as of now they are pretty cheesy.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@jj62 said:

Nolan trilogy: Batman Begins=GOLD, Dark Knight=PURE GOLD, Dark Knight Rises=Pretty good film.

Iron Man trilogy: Iron Man=GOLD, Iron Man 2=meh, average at BEST. Iron Man 3=pretty good film.

Spider-Man trilogy: Spider-Man=Great film, Spider-Man 2=GOLD, Spider-Man 3= terrible.

Blade trilogy: Blade=great movie, Blade 2=pretty good film. Blade 3=meh...

X-Men trilogy: X-Men=Pretty good, X2=Great film, X3=not bad, not great.

In truth, it actually goes like this:

1. Batman Trilogy

2. Iron Man trilogy

3. Spider-Man trilogy

4. X-Men trilogy

5. Blade trilogy

My God!....i havent agreed more with a person since a friend told me i'm awesome!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff
    deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

1. The Dark Knight Trilogy
    2. Captain America Trilogy
    3. Iron Man Trilogy
    4. Spider-Man Trilogy
    5. Thor trilogy
    6. X-Men Original Trilogy
    7. Blade Trilogy
    8. Wolverine Trilogy

From what I've seen.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.