Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17215 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Best All-New, All-Different Spider-Man #1

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Best All-New, All-Different Spider-Man #1 (18 votes)

All-New, All-Different Avengers 0%
    The Amazing Spider-Man 44%
    Carnage 0%
    Silk 0%
    Spider-Gwen 6%
    Spider-Man 17%
    Spider-Man 2099 6%
    Spider-Man/Deadpool 0%
    Spider-Woman 0%
    Spidey 17%
    Web Warriors 11%
    Venom: Space Knight 0%

Judging only by the first issue not the story that came after it. What All-New, All-Different Spider-Man book had the best #1 issue.

• 
    kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I think that Spider-Man 1 was the best first issue out of the All-New, All, Different Spider-man line up.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I went with Web Warriors first issue, nice interaction between 'Mayday' and Gwen, and the sheer size and scope of the Electroverse made for a compelling read.

Friv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Spidey, classic Peter Parker doing what he does best without any of Slott's run weighing him down.

And I read Spider-Man #1, it was poorly done. Miles taking Blackheart, the literal son of Mephisto, down with his freaking Venom Blast? Seriously? So Thor, who uses Mjolnir, can't take him down but Miles can? Jeez, it's just tediously boring at this point. God forbid Miles loses a fight, you know, like Peter used to lose all the time. Oh, that's right, Miles is so much better and superior to Peter in every way.

Marvel Universe's main Spider-Man my ass.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By amazingfantasy

Spidey is my choice. It was a pretty good/fun comic and I wasn't expecting that at all.
    ASM and SM are sligthy behind imo.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@friv said:

And I read Spider-Man #1, it was poorly done. Miles taking Blackheart, the literal son of Mephisto, down with his freaking Venom Blast? Seriously? So Thor, who uses Mjolnir, can't take him down but Miles can? Jeez, it's just tediously boring at this point. God forbid Miles loses a fight, you know, like Peter used to lose all the time. Oh, that's right, Miles is so much better and superior to Peter in every way.

Marvel Universe's main Spider-Man my ass.

Yeah, that bothers me as well. And that's coming from someone who highly enjoys the character. If you can, try reading the other books Miles is on, it was certainly pleasant to read after so many Bendis wanking. He's actually treated as someone who isn't all powerful and can fail and actually gets taken down a lot, pretty easily too lol. Specially his appeareance in the Chulk comic, it shows how a fight against a powerhouse would actually go.

Friv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingfantasy: Huh... I'll give them a shot, thanks for the recommendation.

I want to like the character, really I do. And I absolutely love the concept, it's just the execution that's putting me off, especially with the way Bendis is doing it. But I'll keep an open mind, thanks.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@friv: Yeah I totally get it, and don't blame you. I've seen a lot of people saying the similar things. But, we'll see how it goes, hope you enjoy it.
    And it was no problem at all, mate!

Avatar image for currentthor2015
    CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@friv: Yeah, dont read "Spider-Man" if you dont like that, Bendis will always overwank Miles and make him oneshot everything with that venom blast crap. Like the other guy said Miles gets written better by others and gets owned easily.

Friv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@currentthor2015: I read it because I wanted to give the character another chance, but you're one hundred percent right. It's funny that the person that created him is also the worst writer for him, pretty ironic.

Thanks for the advice though.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius: I just noticed, why the ' in May's name?

mp13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcomicfan While I have only read the debuts of ASM and SM, I feel like the most unique from them all is Web Warriors. As I said, I haven't read it, but the others all feel too familiar and relatively old in comparison. For example, SM was nothing new and retreaded the same themes of UCSM and basically every other spider-man series ever made. In contrast, Web Warriors seems like it takes 6 different, diverse characters and puts them into a new, uncommon team that does not rely on the ordinary 616 Peter Parker and does something new and fun with the concept of spider-themed superheroes. ASM on the other hand had a really fun and interesting new take on the character which became boring after the second or third issue as it went back to old tropes and followed terrible, one-off villains. Because I haven't read Web Warriors and SM has at this time only had one issue which was disappointing, ASM gets my vote.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ASM quite handily, with 2099 and Spider-Man/Deadpool close behind.

I've extolled my love for ASM #1 a number of times here, so I'll keep it brief. It succinctly introduces us to Peter's new world, portrays him as a mature and capable young genius, showcases Spidey's new tech AND (as a completely unnecessary bonus) gives us snippets of the other Spider-books. Shame that Slott has been dropping in quality since issue #3.

2099 and S/D were the only others that grabbed my interest straight away.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.